Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

k.d. lang ... hoo boy

I love k.d., but the weight gain is getting out of hand - she looks like a cross between Chaz Bono and the dude from Blues Traveler.

by Anonymousreply 11002/28/2014

I know for a fact that she will be coming out as trans.

by Anonymousreply 103/15/2011

As long as that fat bitch can sing like she can sing, I don't care how much weight she puts on.

by Anonymousreply 203/15/2011

The nastiest, most vicious comments always begin, 'I love so-and-so, but...'

by Anonymousreply 303/15/2011

He looks a bit like Elvis!

by Anonymousreply 403/15/2011

KD Lang is the talented man Chaz will never be.

by Anonymousreply 503/15/2011

I never thought she would get that big. She was so rail thing when Ingenue came out.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2011

God, still hot.

by Anonymousreply 703/15/2011

She should marry Randy Travis.

by Anonymousreply 803/15/2011

Cooooonstant craving (for buffalo wings!)

by Anonymousreply 1003/15/2011

Reading these comments before clicking on the pic, I was expecting her to look a lot fatter than that. Harsh!

by Anonymousreply 1103/15/2011

KD needs to just have the operation already so she won't have to keep pretending to be a man.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2011

I always thought that K.D. Lang was a great singer, but she now looks like a man.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2011

Too bad...she has talent, but let her weight get over the man side.

by Anonymousreply 1403/15/2011

Her singing or wailing has never impressed me no matter how much the media told me how much I was supposed to be impressed.That voice was always nails on a chalk board and the songs were meh.

Early in her career she used to be on CBC all the time in her zoot suit singing country songs which was ahead of it's time because this was years ago and she pulled no punches in her appearance. So it was great that all those years ago they had an obvious dyke on there who didn't apologize for being a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 1603/15/2011

Leave Wayne Newton alone.

by Anonymousreply 1703/15/2011

k d's weight never bothered me - what did bother me is that she became a real slob. She looked unkempt and unwashed. She looks much better in OP's pic. Well put-together and natty top butch.

by Anonymousreply 1803/15/2011

totes agrees, girls. miss thang been hittin' the chicken wangs too much, ya feel me? wotz up with dat? LOL! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 1903/15/2011

I had that haircut throughout the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 2003/15/2011

r1 is full of shit.

k.d. has always enjoyed her feminine side. I know it's hard for boys to understand but many "butch" women do have a femme side and k.d. often talks about hers.

A trans person would never write a song reveling about as "Miss Chatelaine."

by Anonymousreply 2103/15/2011

[quote]I never thought she would get that big. She was so rail thing when Ingenue came out.

She was NEVER 'rail thin'. She always had a healthy -yes I'll say it- "Big Boned" body.

I worry about her weight gain only because of her health. She seems like she has gone through a phase of depressed pot smoker.

She can still sing though, God Damn.

by Anonymousreply 2203/15/2011

Why should anyone care what she looks like?

by Anonymousreply 2303/15/2011

(OP of the previous two replies, Still typing)

Why does "Big" = "Man"

k.d. is butch, granted. So fine if you want to make your "She's a MAN baby jokes about her suit & her hair, her lack of big boobs- fine. But why weight? Like "real" women and don't get fat??

[quote]Why is it soooo many lesbians get BIG and HEAVY when they get older

Fuck You, bitch. ALL Women and Men get bigger as they get older if they don't make a point to stay in shape. You're telling me you can't go to any Supermart out there and find some overweight housefrau w/ 14 kids married to some pigman who works in the auto dept?

Yeah, it's only lesbians who lets themselves get fat. Um. How about No. Fuck you and your stereotypes. Go back to your Soap threads where all the women are pretty and skinny and the men are OH SO handsome and manly.

by Anonymousreply 2403/15/2011

[quote]k d's weight never bothered me - what did bother me is that she became a real slob. She looked unkempt and unwashed. She looks much better in OP's pic. Well put-together and natty top butch.

I can see your point. She went through a kind of neo-hippe -new-agey phase with her "All you can eat" album. She would go barefoot and wear kimonos and something that looked like silk pajamas on stage.

This new one looks like she's returning to her big-band country style roots. I sure hope she does. I could use a GOOD lang album these days.

She has a Twitter account for her new band now and she- or her manager who posts for her- posts as if EVERYTHING IS SO EXCITING!!!!!! (god help us). I hope this actually her posting. She sounds like a 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2011

k.d. lang. The finest butch ever. Incredibly sexy in her prime. I don't expect many here to get that but de gustibus and all that.

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2011

r10 wins.

r24 needs a big ole hug and three muscle relaxers.

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2011

Eh, she's fat but she still has a long way to go to be anywhere close to Chaz.

by Anonymousreply 2803/15/2011

Wow, look at the 3rd pic down, an old one of KD Lang and Cindy Crawford. What struck me more than anything is how, when that pic came out, Crawford was considered to have the ideal body type. Nowadays, she'd be considered plus-size.%0D %0D Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2011

R24 go have a twinkie tubby.

by Anonymousreply 3003/15/2011

Are you referring to what is now being billed as "The k.d. lang trio," OP?

by Anonymousreply 3203/15/2011

"So it was great that all those years ago they had an obvious dyke on there who didn't apologize for being a dyke."%0D %0D Nor did she cop to BEING a dyke. For years and years and years.%0D

by Anonymousreply 3303/15/2011

Showing up was enough, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3403/15/2011

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 3603/15/2011

I like a man who enjoys his food!

by Anonymousreply 3703/15/2011

I can't tell the weight gain from that pic, but is she undergoing male hormone treatments? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 3803/15/2011

by Anonymousreply 3903/15/2011

"Why is it soooo many lesbians get BIG and HEAVY when they get older?"

Alec Baldwin, Russell Crowe, Marlon Brando, Val Kilmer all are/were lesbians??

by Anonymousreply 4003/15/2011

Thank you r40.

by Anonymousreply 4103/16/2011

She's still one of my favorite singers. She never was a beauty queen. When she was with a major label and they were hard at work promoting stuff like Constant Craving, Summer Fling, etc. I'm sure she was pressured to look a certain way.%0D %0D But now who cares? All the greats get a bit robust in their later years - Aretha, Peggy Lee, Barbara Cook, Patti Labelle.%0D %0D kd did not get where she is due to her beauty pageant looks and is one of the last vestiges of someone getting in with TALENT. A bygone era.

by Anonymousreply 4203/16/2011

She isn't that big. I am sure that menopause hit and she gained a few pounds.

by Anonymousreply 4403/16/2011

She's suffering from fork to mouth disease.

by Anonymousreply 4503/16/2011

She's just bulking-up for her role as "Elvis: The Last Days".

by Anonymousreply 4603/16/2011

"Why is it soooo many lesbians get BIG and HEAVY when they get older?"%0D %0D %0D Black divas also put on weight.

by Anonymousreply 4703/16/2011

SHE should care.

by Anonymousreply 4803/16/2011

These boys love their lesbians fat and manly so that they can make fun of them.

I saw k.d. sing at a crowded outdoor theater in Kansas City (fine, enter your bible belt fly-over midwest joke here.) She was only opening for someone else and most of crowd could care less that she was there. For most of her act people were rummaging around, talking, drinking, yelling back and forth, etc. God, I thought I was at a carnival.

Finally Lang sang [italic]"Three Cigarettes in An Ashtray"[/italic] and by the end of this song- I do not exaggerate- YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP the crowd was so stunned by her voice. The whole arena was dead silent. In between her vocals I even heard birds and a train whistle that must have been miles away. She got a standing ovation.

My straight male friend who never heard her live before leaned over to me and whispered, "Wow. Ok, now I get it."

Make fun of her weight, her hair, he face- whatever. But if you ever have a chance to see her live. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 4903/17/2011

I think she is still very attractive, and not that big at all. The negative posts are most likely from men who are just jealous because she's gotten more women than they could ever dream! I don't know why we focus so much on looks anyway, that voice is still as beautiful as ever!

by Anonymousreply 5003/18/2011

new music.

I'm undecided.

I like the band but she's leaning on the reincarnation of Roy Orbison big time.

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2011

kd has been doing promotion in the UK this week. She has definitely dropped some pounds since her performance at the Vancouver Olympics.

On the Graham Norton Show, she doesn't look all that much bigger than the now slimmed down Jennifer Hudson.

She looks good (especially for 49).

by Anonymousreply 5204/24/2011

r52, thanks for the link! She definitely slimmed down, she looks very healthy now (and, yes, good for her age, especially with virtually no make up on). Also, Jennifer Hudson looks very good.

by Anonymousreply 5304/25/2011

But, why'd she have to show up on Graham Norton looking like she just climbed out of an 18-wheeler after a week of hard driving? Talk about just giving up on trying... I did like her anecdote about Angelica Huston: "I'm a crow, too!" LOL! And she sounded great on the video clip.

by Anonymousreply 5404/25/2011

What is it with lesbians and pot? Melissa Etheridge is a big ole pothead too.

by Anonymousreply 5504/25/2011

The weight is a bad thing for her health, so on that basis, she should lose it, but kd is not exactly a lipstick lesbian, she is the other kind, so...... par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 5604/25/2011

I don't care what she looks like. I love her voice. I hope she doesn't transition, because that would affect her voice. I just heard her on NPR and transition doesn't sound likely . She likes to be a woman who is mistaken for a man.

by Anonymousreply 5704/25/2011

Wow, it's an obvious cry for help. Someone needs to perform an intervention for the pencil armed fashionista who is obsessed with everyone else's weight.

by Anonymousreply 5804/25/2011

[quote]The nastiest, most vicious comments always begin, 'I love so-and-so, but...'%0D %0D ...or the Southern equivalent 'K.D. Lang, bless her heart, (insert insult here)...'%0D %0D %0D I'm sorry, but seeing all these pictures of K.D., heavy or thin, the one person that keeps coming to mind is Rob Schneider. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5904/25/2011

in r51's YouTube still, she looks like Joe Scarbourough, who's on my TV now

by Anonymousreply 6004/25/2011

k.d. in '86. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6104/25/2011

Try crystal meth, Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 6304/25/2011

Lang would look 10 times better if she dyed her hair.

by Anonymousreply 6404/26/2011

... naaaahhh she'd look 10 times better if she was slapped with a shovel.%0D %0D %0D x%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6504/26/2011

She has such a beautiful voice - had she played the game she would have been a bigger star than Melissa Etheridge. kd is more of a recording artist, she tries things. Unfortunately she will probably be more respected posthumously.

by Anonymousreply 6604/26/2011

I must say, Lucy J, you're a twat of enormous proportions.%0D %0D It seems like every 3 years or so we get a woman-hating lesbian around here (Ex: Shobe, that Florida woman who's name escapes me) and I can't wait until you follow their pattern and finally skulk off and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 6704/26/2011

I must live near her because I see her in her car with her dogs once a month or so.

The first time my dog freak daughter was saying "look at the beautiful Huskies" Look!" and I looked over to see kd waving sweetly at my 6 year old as I had "Summerfling" on the car stereo. Surreal.

I told my daughter, "that's the lady singing on the ipod" but she just cared about the dogs and insisted it was a nice man who waved at her. I had to explain twice that she was a woman with short hair. She finally got it when we watched her on the Olympics. Now kd is up there with Doris Day for my kid because they love animals.

by Anonymousreply 6804/26/2011

Lucy J is ridiculous and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 6904/26/2011

r66, I would have thought k.d. lang is a more successful star than Melissa Etheridge. k.d. is successful internationally and has sung with some great stars, while Etheridge has really only had success in her home country. %0D

by Anonymousreply 7104/26/2011

Let me break it down into small, very, very, tiny nuggets of information so you can understand, Lucy.%0D %0D No one is dismissing the notion of different attractiveness.%0D %0D What is being dismissed is your concept that someone should be hit with a shovel because YOU don't find them attractive.%0D %0D And yet, somehow, you think we are immature. Funny that.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7204/26/2011

Miss Lucy Unfunny, try L Chat.

by Anonymousreply 7404/27/2011

I'm laughing like a fucking hyena over here....%0D %0D LMFAO baby!

by Anonymousreply 7504/27/2011

Hyena, yes... that fits.

Keep going, the woman will still be an amazing artist (and probably get better dates than you do) and you'll remain a bitter hag.

r68, I loved your dog story! I wanted a husky for so long, but I live in an apartment and it just wouldn't be fair to the animal.

by Anonymousreply 7604/27/2011

[quote]K.D. Shlong

LOL. What a perfect description of that manshe. Ugh. Gawd, she's gross.

by Anonymousreply 7704/27/2011

k.d. lang performing a concert for BBC Radio 2 the other week (probably only works for UK viewers unfortunately).

Fair warning Lucy, the images on this video may offend you.

by Anonymousreply 7804/27/2011

K.D. - The Gertrude Stein Years

by Anonymousreply 8002/01/2013

Lang looks like a total dude, more manly looking than Chaz Bono.

by Anonymousreply 8102/01/2013

I really like her as an artist and as a person (whom I do not know).

She looks great too, and is it possible that her weight issues are a result of some Eskimo ancestry?

by Anonymousreply 8202/01/2013

[quote]You don't like how she looks, stop looking. You don't like her voice, stop listening. Turn the bitterness into kindness. Sounds cheesy but you will be glad you did. Life is too short. Do no harm.

You are a complete hypocrite: if you really believed that, you would certainly not be posting on a webforum that advertises itself as "get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery."

by Anonymousreply 8302/01/2013

When she sang at the Canadian Olympics, she looked gross. She was dressed in a man's suit. We thought it was a man. EWWWWWWW. I was like, what is this?

by Anonymousreply 8402/01/2013

I don't know why someone bumped this very old's a link to the more recent kd bashing thread --

by Anonymousreply 8602/01/2013

[quote] She is one of my favorite singers. I don't care how big she is or anything else about her. She is a great singer.

by Anonymousreply 8702/01/2013

"Her voice is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard next to the first cries of my newborn son."

iVillage is down the hall & to the right.

by Anonymousreply 8802/01/2013

Her favorite states to perform are Okrahoma and Arkanslaw.

by Anonymousreply 8902/01/2013

Miss Chatelaine

by Anonymousreply 9002/01/2013

Why? Because someone has a different of opinion? I think she's a great singer, but still looks like a man!

by Anonymousreply 9102/01/2013

R191, is homophobia acceptable to you? If not, then why is misogyny?

by Anonymousreply 9202/01/2013

I thinks K.D. is still quite attractive albeit more "thick." Chaz Bono OTOH should have had stomach bypass a long time ago. He's morbidly obese and very unhealthy looking. They sucked the fat out of Cher's ass and put it in Chaz's neck. . . .

by Anonymousreply 9302/01/2013

she looks like a butch Wayne Newton, LOL

by Anonymousreply 9406/16/2013

I hate her voice it's like nails on a chalk board. It's like listening to a moose in heat. I don't and never did find Lang attractive.

by Anonymousreply 9506/16/2013

KD looks the same to me

by Anonymousreply 9606/16/2013

She's a singer, not a model or an actress, her looks and her weight shouldn't matter as long as her voice and singing ability doesn't change.

On the other hand it can't be healthy for her to be carrying that extra weight around.

by Anonymousreply 9806/16/2013

That picture (and thread) is over 2 years old. Has she lost weight since then?

by Anonymousreply 9906/16/2013

What happened to the thread about her being a disaster on Broadway because of her weight?

by Anonymousreply 10302/28/2014

I think she looks like she could be related to Jake Gyllenhaal. Also she does look a little like Wayne Newton now that she's older. I love her, one of my favorite singers and she seems like a very authentic person.

by Anonymousreply 10402/28/2014

None of these screechy pop stars can sing like this.

by Anonymousreply 10502/28/2014

She and Clive Owen look alike.

by Anonymousreply 10602/28/2014

Mmm. R105, I was just about to post that one!

...One of the top performances I've ever heard. Have it on my mp3 player.

Singing Leonard Cohen's [italic]Hallelujah[/italic] at the 2005 Juno Awards.

Supposedly Leonard himself said that Kd's rendition was the be-all-end-all of that song.

by Anonymousreply 10702/28/2014

Saw her in After Midnight the other night and she was great. Yes, a little chunky, but she sure moved well on stage and looked like she was having a blast.

The couple next to me thought the special guest star had a great voice " even though they'd never heard of him"!.

by Anonymousreply 10802/28/2014

Is she one of those dykes who has a different gf every month- just goes through "relationships" like potato chips?

by Anonymousreply 11002/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!