Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I''ve started slathering my face in vaseline before I go to bed.

I don't know why but I did....and now I look so beautiful!!%0D %0D %0D slather people! slather!

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6404/17/2014

Doesn't this ruin your pillow?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 103/13/2011

I mean why not we!

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 203/13/2011

Doesn't it clog your pores?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 303/13/2011

OP sleeps alone.%0D %0D I hope you are using petroleum jelly and not "vaseline intensive care" which does nothing.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 703/13/2011

Isn't it diffcult to wash off in the morning?%0D

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 803/13/2011

I've been using Skin Biology Copper Peptide Serum and Emu Oil for a month or so. Haven't noticed anything yet though.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 903/13/2011

A woman in her sixties at work with beautiful skin attributes it to using olive oil every night since she was eighteen.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1003/13/2011

Vaseline is horrible for facial skin, dumbass. It clogs the pores, actually SMOTHERS them.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1203/13/2011

I look good!

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1303/13/2011

(actually I only did it once because I felt really dry maybe it isn't such a good idea)

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1403/13/2011

I still want to know how you don't ruin your pillows. Especially with the olive oil.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1503/13/2011

I think you sleep with your head in a plastic bag.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1603/13/2011

We can only hope, R16

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1703/13/2011

Do you find that it makes it easier to slide your head up your ass ?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 1803/13/2011

If any of that stuff gets in your eyes, you are ruining them. Why do you think they inject that crap into all the eyes of those rabbits. To make sure it doesn't ruin them.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2003/13/2011

Is r16 Asian?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2103/13/2011

Actually, OP, my friend has really dry skin. She doesn't sweat a whole lot, and it's almost as if she doesn't have any oil glands on her face. Once in awhile she uses vaseline mixed with facial lotion and it does make a huge difference. If I did it, I'd break out big time.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2203/13/2011

I put it on chapped lips, but never the rest of my face. Too occlusive.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2403/13/2011

occlusive ooohhh

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2503/13/2011

My granny used to use Noxzema every night before she went to bed. I'll never forget that smell. I tried it once and it burned like hell.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2603/13/2011

The only thing I slather is my toast, in cardamom butter.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2703/13/2011

What stuff, r20?%0D %0D Avocado oil is great for chapped lips too - and it has minimized the little wrinkles that were appearing around my eyes. It seeps right in the skin - I found olive oil would only just sit right on the skin and be oily forever. %0D %0D AND it's great for the hair. Washes out as pre-conditioner and doesn't make your hair oily like olive oil. %0D %0D

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2803/14/2011

I jerk off every night and slather my cum on my face. People think I'm 10 years younger than I am. Just don't get it in your eyes. It burns!

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 2903/14/2011

It was often reported that Doris Day used to slather her whole body in vaseline one night a week (must have been hell on the sheets) - so it must work...

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3003/14/2011

I've been using the emu oil for almost a month and can't detect any improvement. Some people swear by it though. ???

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3103/14/2011

I slather my face with my boyfriend's cum before I go to sleep as we are already in bed, silly.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3203/14/2011

How do you get avocado oil? Do you squeeze it? Juice it?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3303/14/2011

For years, my mom used a product caused Abolene Cream, it came in a glass jar, later on she switched to Pond's Cold Cream. She's in her 70s, she still has amazing skin.

I recall all my friends complementing my mom on her gorgeous skin.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3403/14/2011

r30 I was going to mention that, it was in her autobio that she wrote I think in the 70s/early 80s? I remember reading it and used to do it. I'd wear pajamas to try and minimize damage to the sheets.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3503/14/2011

I've told people to do this for years. And yes make sure it's plain petroleum jelly and not scented. I have extremely dry skin that is also breaks into a rash if I try to use something scented or with alcohol in it. Which is almost everything.

I went to a dermatologist and he told me to use the petroleum jelly and laughed at all the high price skin softeners. Ripoffs. Slather it on thickly about a 1/2 hour before bed. The jelly will get really warm and nearly turn an oil. Pat it dry with paper towels before you go to bed.

In the Winter when it is extremely dry I do it about every other day. In the summer I do it about once a week. The jelly moisturizes and leaves the thinnest protective coat. You will even notice a smoother shave with it.

Yes it will oil up your pillow cases. Put on a cheap one on the nights you do it.

Your new facial routing will now cost you about 10$ a year.

It's hard to talk people into this who are intent on spending hundreds of dollars a year on trendy products. Those I can talk into love it. I will tell you though that 1/2 hour your sitting there with the thick goop on your face is annoying and uncomfortable. But it works.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3603/14/2011

"petroleum jelly and not "vaseline intensive care"%0D %0D %0D I am sure they are the same thing.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3703/14/2011

Sometimes the Vaseline can be scented. Because whatever it is that makes something scented irritates my skin I have to make sure that it is scented. Usually that means the store brand.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3803/14/2011

Not at all R37. One is a cream, the other a glycerine jelly

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 3903/14/2011

my mom used vaseline -- she had and has fantastic skin. truly remarkable.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4003/14/2011

I have been using vaseline to remove my eye makeup since I was a teenager.

Even after wiping off the makeup, there is a slight film of vaseline left behind. I just leave it, figuring it makes a good nightime moisturizer.

I don't have a single wrinkle around my eyes.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4103/14/2011

r33, it is an oil bottled like olive oil. You can buy it in health food stores or perhaps even in your supermarkets. I am in Canada, and the Loblaws chain is now selling it alongside the olive, canola and safflower oils.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4203/14/2011

And then I pickle myself in yak mucous.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4503/14/2011

If you rub witch hazel along your neck where your neck and collar meet, you'll never have ring around the collar on your shirt.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4601/05/2013

I haven't tried using petroleum jelly on my face because I like Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion from Clinique. But I do use it every night on my hands before going to bed. I can't sleep if my hands feel chalky and ashy. It makes a big difference, in the morning my hands still feel moisturized too. I've tried all sorts of hand lotions at bedtime, all of them soak in and disappear in minutes. Petroleum jelly is great and costs very little.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4701/05/2013

I use the cum of underpaid immigrants.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4801/05/2013

TV actress Kate Walsh says that she uses vaseline on her face. A lot of people comment that she has great skin. Personally I can't see anything special in the way she looks, including her skin.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 4901/05/2013

Has anyone tried Egyptian Magic? I just bought it at Costco a few weeks ago, but haven't used it enough to notice a difference. It's not something you can put on and then go out in public.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5001/05/2013

Ever-Redy Multi-Purpose Zephyr-Lith

Everyone comments.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5101/05/2013

Vaseline is only good for rubbing on your dick.

I'd recommend Genifique serum, which retards aging at the genetic level.

This is followed by Absolue Precious Cells, which stimulates stem cell production. Both can be found at your local Lancôme counter or at the Lancôme Boutique on NYC's Upper West Side.

I'm a beautiful young man and intend to stay that way. I've been stunning since I was a boy but I feel that Lancôme is helping me attain perfection.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5201/05/2013

bump

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5301/19/2013

Vaseline is good for slathering on your feet if they're dried and cracked. Put it on before bedtime and wear some plain cotton socks so you don't slime the sheets.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5401/19/2013

TELL US MORE OLD HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS BEAUTY SECRETS!

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5504/17/2014

All you're dong is trapping moisture. There are better products for that besides petroleum.

I did find a use for my tub of jelly: I had some reddish, dry spots (exczema? psoriasis?) on my skin this winter and I slathered them with Vaseline after a shower. They gradually diminished.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5604/17/2014

I use Desitin creme - it's got zinc oxide and plenty of cool stuff for the face. It's actually for diaper rash.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5704/17/2014

I use olive oil now. Is avocado better?

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5804/17/2014

OP is crazy, and likely dead by now.

As for me, I applied all I've learned from my Food Network friend and every night I wrap my face in bacon (pancetta when I can afford it) and then stretch a nice cawl over me head.

And when I have problem spots I inject a lardon.

And I look wonderful!!!! Tasty, even.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 5904/17/2014

Can you recommend a brand that sells avocado oil good for the face?

I've just looked up what's on Amazon: NOW Solutions, Beauty Aura, Best of Nature.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6004/17/2014

All those poor emus being killed, so you guys can look pretty? Shame on you.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6104/17/2014

Cruelty-free alternative to emu oil. Great for shaving too.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6204/17/2014

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6304/17/2014

Your poor pores.

by we wasn''t this tip on www.goop.comreply 6404/17/2014
Need more help? Click Here.