Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Death of Alexa Kenin

I saw her mentioned in the Pretty in Pink thread and was surprised to read she had died in 1985. She was only 23. I remember her from TV, especially when she guest starred on The Facts of Life. She had an unusual, hard, white-trash look, but she was Jewish in real life. Her dad was a doctor. %0D %0D How did she die?

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2013

Some years back, I watched some tv documentary about the "PIP" cast, and Jon Cryer said they were all stunned when they found out she'd died. I think the story was that she was killed by her then boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2011

probably heroin

by Anonymousreply 303/13/2011

Facts of Life

by Anonymousreply 503/13/2011

Pretty in Pink. She died before the film was even released.

by Anonymousreply 603/13/2011

Wasn't she a diabetic and it was something to do with that? I remember she was hilarious in a John Guare play called LANDSCAPE OF THE BODY at the Public Theater. I think she would have really hit her stride in acting when she hit her 30's, most likely in sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 703/13/2011

She played Bette Davis's granddaughter in a TV movie, the name of which escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 803/13/2011

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2011

She wasnt a nobody,she was somebody.she was someone's daughter,sister,friend,and a child star actress...what a horrible thing to have happen,,even if it was year's ago...

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2012

Did not know one of the Heathers died. Sounds like a fairly sad story, too (brain tumor).

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2012

Probably drugs. See link

Read the newest post on her IMDB page

From "Pretty in Pink" was dedicated to Alexa Kenin, who died shortly after wrapping the film in 1985. At first the cast was told that she died of complications related to asthma, but it eventually came out that she was killed in her apartment by an ex-boyfriend. She was 23

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2012

How the fuck could any medical examiner mistake being beaten to death for an asthma attack or OD???

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2012

She kissed a doll and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2012

Where did you see that a medical examiner first said it was asthma then said it was a homicide?

Neither R15 nor the link say that. Both say that when the cast first got the news they heard it was an asthma attack. It is not going to be the medical examiner who goes carries the message.

Often the cause of death is held back out of consideration for friends and family, or because there is an ongoing police investigation.

For one thing, if this was the next work day, the police probably were running some background checks on her fellow workers -- the cast. Of course when cops start asking questions, the truth is going to get out pretty quick.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2012

R20, I referenced the various comments in this THREAD. Read them. I questioned how they're all contradictory.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2012

I was just watching the movie and started googling for locations and found out about this tragedy. How sad....she would have been more successful than Molly Ringwald,seeing that she suddenly stopped doing movies.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2012

I knew her personally. She died from a heroin overdose. I called her apartment the day she was found, and her father answered the phone. "Is Alexa there?", I asked. Her father replied, "My daughter's dead with a needle in her arm, what do you want?". I knew she dabbled in heroin, using it once a month or so before she died. RIP

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2013

I went to high school with Dana Hill. We were good friends. I used to drive her home sometimes after school. Despite her many ailments, she was always good humored.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013

I lived next store to Kim Walker and .....

NAH !! I just wnated to join in with R23 & R24.

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!