Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Swedish footballer Anton Hysen comes out as gay

Swedish footballer Anton Hysen comes out as gay

by Jessica Geen; 9 March 2011, 11:07am

Swedish football player Anton Hysen has announced he is gay.

The 20-year-old came out in an interview with Offside magazine today.

Hysen, who plays for Swedish 4th tier side Utsiktens BK, is the first elite Swedish player to come out.

He told the magazine today that it was "f**ked up" that no other Swedish player had come out yet.

"I am a footballer. And gay. If I perform as a footballer, then I do not think it matters if I like girls or boys," he said.

He admitted that the announcement could affect his career, but pointed out that other players had to deal with issues like racism from coaches and team bosses.

"That is their problem and not mine," he told the magazine. "People may call me anything they want, it will just make me even more psyched."

The footballer is the son of former Liverpool and Fiorentina star Glenn Hysen,

Hysen senior told the magazine he was pleased his son had decided to come out.

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2013

The great irony today is that it's much easier and cooler to be out in sports, business, education, law, medicine than it is when one belongs to one of the gayest professions there is: acting.

by Anonymousreply 103/09/2011

One day an attractive top shelf athlete will come out. Until then, Anton will have to do.

by Anonymousreply 203/09/2011

Why is it ironic, R1? Acting is all about lying. That is not a disparagement, it is a fact. Acting is pretending.

It is the only profession in which success - artistic success (and probably financial success) - can be measured by the degree to which the lie you tell has convinced its audience.

I am sympathetic to those actors, especially film actors, who feel the need to keep their sexuality private. Can you, R1, honestly say that when you see Rock Hudson in love scenes, you can deny that knowledge of his sexuality makes the performance seem vaguely ludicrous? Or largely ludicrous?

by Anonymousreply 303/09/2011

Cute!

by Anonymousreply 403/09/2011

Pic, please.

by Anonymousreply 503/09/2011

r2, he's not that bad looking and at 20, he still has over ten years to improve in his sport. I don't think we can afford to be too picky in football.

by Anonymousreply 603/09/2011

Cock shots, or this didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 703/09/2011

Like they could not see THAT one from Pluto!

by Anonymousreply 803/09/2011

Go watch him in Youtube. He doesn't ping at all!

by Anonymousreply 903/09/2011

Oi oi fit lad!

by Anonymousreply 1003/09/2011

He pings louder than a buckshot in a tin can.

by Anonymousreply 1103/09/2011

So cool. He's going to be and icon.

by Anonymousreply 1203/09/2011

I wipe my ass with my hand and lick it off!

by Anonymousreply 1303/09/2011

He's hawt

by Anonymousreply 1403/09/2011

He's adorable. Thanbks for posting, R14.

by Anonymousreply 1503/09/2011

I want to lick that sweat off his brow.

Um!!! Yum!!

by Anonymousreply 1603/09/2011

20 is a pretty young age for an athlete to come out. Normally they wait longer.

by Anonymousreply 1703/09/2011

Good for him! Brave young man, and good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 1803/09/2011

Does he have a big uncut Swedish cock?

by Anonymousreply 1903/09/2011

19; no doubt!

by Anonymousreply 2003/09/2011

bumping original thread

by Anonymousreply 2103/09/2011

[quote]The great irony today is that it's much easier and cooler to be out in sports

American male sports...college or pro...is the most homophobic environment anywhere. You are delusional as usual R1. Or perhaps you've never been to the US.

by Anonymousreply 2203/09/2011

Very cool.

by Anonymousreply 2303/09/2011

Gotta agree with r22. Off the top of my head, I can think of several openly gay and working U.S. actors but not a single openly gay U.S. professional athlete.

by Anonymousreply 2403/09/2011

Good for this kid!

by Anonymousreply 2503/10/2011

This is awesome. He's very handsome in R14's video - the original link shows the worst possible picture of him - and he only pings a little, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 2603/10/2011

This always gives me hope.

by Anonymousreply 2703/10/2011

How can he be from Sweden when he is not pale white and blonde?

by Anonymousreply 2803/10/2011

Another hawt pic

by Anonymousreply 2903/10/2011

That was a younger pic of him...here is what he looks like now.

by Anonymousreply 3003/10/2011

[quote]Can you, R1, honestly say that when you see Rock Hudson in love scenes, you can deny that knowledge of his sexuality makes the performance seem vaguely ludicrous? Or largely ludicrous?%0D %0D %0D I agree. I can't look at Cruise without thinking of him couch jumping and wrestling with boytoys. I can't look at Mel Gibson without thinking of his nastiness to a cop. It's totally understandable that actors stay in the closet -- but, even more, they should keep most of their life private so we only see them on the screen or the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 3103/10/2011

[quote]I can't look at Cruise without thinking of him couch jumping and wrestling with boytoys. I can't look at Mel Gibson without thinking of his nastiness to a cop.

You sound mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 3203/10/2011

He looks a bit like a guido (in r30's link), doesn't he? All that's missing is the oompah loompa skin tanning cream (which I'd gladly rub all over him).

Great guy with great courage.

by Anonymousreply 3303/10/2011

Strange, he doesn't look at all gay.

by Anonymousreply 3403/10/2011

He's cute, but why is he fucking with his pits? You want to trim, fine. But don't make them look ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3503/10/2011

Good for him and he is setting a great precedent for his sport. I hope life treats him well.%0D %0D He is very attractive imo. I am also in the school of thought that r2 eats his own poop from his hand.

by Anonymousreply 3603/10/2011

A video of him, his team mates and his coach/father being interviewed by Swedish TV.

by Anonymousreply 3703/10/2011

"A young footballer with a famous father"

Who is his father?

by Anonymousreply 3803/10/2011

Very cute.

by Anonymousreply 3903/10/2011

He's simply adorable.

by Anonymousreply 4003/10/2011

Anton Hysén: ‘Straight men are way hotter than gay men’ One of the only two gay professionally playing soccer players says he has had several anonymous phone calls from footballers in the closet Straight men are far hotter than gay men, according to one of the only openly gay soccer players in the world Anton Hysén.

The Swedish 22-year-old footballer, who plays for Utsiktens BK, took to Twitter to complain about the lack of attractive gay guys.

He said: ‘Okay fo real.....straight men are way more attractive compared to gay men thats for sure....end of story’

When some of his 17,000 followers accused him of ‘alienating’ his fan base, Hysén said he meant straights have more ‘personality’.

He added: ‘C’mon man you know what I mean...also im talking anout getting what u cant have gahah dont take it personal’

When Gay Star News spoke to Hysén in July, he said his dream man was someone ‘dark-featured, masculine, tattooed’.

In September, Hysén told CNN he had ‘quite a few anonymous phone calls from players who want to come out but I don't know who they are or where they play.’

He added: ‘I hope that someone else will come out just like Robbie Rogers did. That was great for U.S. soccer. At last we're having a discussion about it and that's huge.

‘It has been pretty quiet and I understand that. People might not want to come out publicly and I understand.’

In 2011, Hysén became the second active professional player to come out – described as a ‘global one-off’.

He followed the late English footballer Justin Fashanu who came out 20 years before in 1990.

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2013

He says most gay guys are too feminine to be attractive. Straight dudes are hotter, he says.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2013

24 LA Galaxy Soccer star Robbie Rogers is out as is NBA veteran Jason Collins and top female basketball star Brittney Griner, figure skating and American figure skater Johnny Weir and Puerto Rican Boxer Orlando Cruz, not forgetting tennis stars Billie-Jean King and Martina Navratiova.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013

R1 Of course several politicians have now come out too, including US congressmen Barney Frank and Jim Kolbe, US Senator Tammy Baldwin and former Governor Jim McGreevey. Kyrsten Sinema became the first bisexual member of Congress last year

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.