Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Colin Firth In ''Stroker'': Oscar Winner, Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska To Co-Star.

From King to King of the Night?

Fresh off his Oscar winning turn as King George VI in "The King's Speech," Colin Firth plans to give audiences the chills in a whole new way. The Daily Mail reports that Firth is signed to play a vampire in the film "Stoker." And he'll have good cast mates: fellow Oscar winner Nicole Kidman, as well as Mia Wasikowska, perhaps the most sought after young actress in Hollywood right now, are set to co-star.

In a script penned by "Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller, Firth will play a vampire/uncle who visits mother and daughter Kidman and Wasikowska after the death of Kidman's husband. The title of the film may be a nod to "Dracula" author Brahm Stoker, though formally, it comes from Wasikowska and Kidman's surname in the film; Wasikowska's character's name will be India Stoker.

The Los Angeles Times reported in February that Firth was in negotiations for the film, discussing various aspects with the movie's South Korean director, Chan Wook-Park.

by Miareply 2603/05/2013

STOKER, not Stroker, you dolt.

And the idea sounds absolutely horrible. Can't stand Nicole and can't stand Mia. I guess he's trying to start a Best Actor curse--because why should the Best Actresses have all the fun?

by Miareply 103/08/2011

Nice to know that Wentworth Miller is working, though.

by Miareply 203/08/2011

I think I'd rather see him in "Stroker."

by Miareply 303/08/2011

I was just about to say that, r3. I got excited when I saw the headline "Colin Firth in 'Stroker'!

by Miareply 403/08/2011

Wentworth Miller?%0D %0D If this is a period piece it might not work men were not that fat back then.

by Miareply 503/08/2011

Wentworth Miller wrote it, he's not in it, dummy.

by Miareply 603/08/2011

Haha, R5. That was funny, but Wenty does have a degree from Princeton. I'm sure he could write a decent script.

by Miareply 703/08/2011

You're so right, R5.

Are you going to eat that wheel of cheese?

by Miareply 803/08/2011

I hope this becomes a success and Wenty Miller can come out after establishing himself as a screenwriter.

by Miareply 903/15/2011

Stoker is shit. I don't understand why they would want to make a film out of it. Wenty must have sucked off the producer.

by Miareply 1003/15/2011

Why does any leading man star with box office poison Nicole Kidman?

by Miareply 1103/15/2011

I am not taking myself too seriously. It has always been my dream to play a vampire and a drag queen.

by Miareply 1203/15/2011

Please come see my film while it's still in seven theaters!

by Miareply 1303/05/2013

He's too chubby and old to play a vampire.

by Miareply 1403/05/2013

Nicole Kidman is too surgically altered and Botoxed to hell and back to do period.

by Miareply 1503/05/2013

Colin dropped out early on in the process. It's now Matthew Goode.

Carry on.

by Miareply 1603/05/2013

Yes, I see Wentworth Miller is putting that Princeton degree to good use, writing a movie about vampires.

by Miareply 1703/05/2013

Nicole Kidman is fascinating. Super famous but makes awful movies.

by Miareply 1803/05/2013

I won't like Firth in his role as "Stroker".

by Miareply 1903/05/2013

Um, I've read quite a few reviews on the film, since it's premier at Sundance a few months ago, and I do not recall anyone mentioning a thing about vampires. In fact, it's been tagged as an homage to Hitchcock, more or less.

I've been waiting to see this. I notice this thread is a year old. Is this supposed to be the big reveal at the end of the film? That her Uncle Charlie isn't just a serial killer but a vampire? There is that bit in the trailer that has Goode attacking Jackie Weaver in a telephone booth rather violently, but you don't see a weapon.

by Miareply 2003/05/2013

What happened to Nicole Kidman? Her film choices are dark and repellant (The Paperboy, Stoker), and kind of campy. I am surprised she has stayed with Kevin Huvane, because he is not helping her career.

by Miareply 2103/05/2013

[quote]. Is this supposed to be the big reveal at the end of the film? That her Uncle Charlie isn't just a serial killer but a vampire?

No, he's not a vampire. I saw the film before I saw the trailer and I'm surprised how much the trailer gives away like the scene with Jacki Weaver.

by Miareply 2203/05/2013

Nicole Kidman has not had a lead role since having kids. She has Grace Kelly, which could be a hit or another epic bomb. I don't think she connects with audiences, despite her fame. Maybe Tammy had her blacklisted.

by Miareply 2303/05/2013

[quote]Please come see my film while it's still in seven theaters!

It made good money despite that.

by Miareply 2403/05/2013

"Clearly, the film's real test comes as it expands in the coming weeks (it expands within the markets noted next weekend to 18-20 theaters) but its a respectable start." Slow release pattern means the film can be yanked if starts to bomb.

by Miareply 2503/05/2013

She's over.

by Miareply 2603/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!