Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I fucking hate Yahoo Answers and the idiots who use it

I also hate Google for promoting content from Yahoo Answers -- which is virtually NEVER correct and only ever seems to contain information from the type of people who talk just to hear themselves talk -- to the top of nearly every search I perform at Google.

by Anonymousreply 3901/07/2015

My favorite Yahoo answer was a response to a woman whose Sharpie had dried out and she wanted to get the ink flowing again. People suggested dipping the tip in warm water or rubbing alcohol, but one evil person advised tying a string to the marker, going into the backyard, and whirling it over her head like a lasso: "The centrifugal force will rewet the tip of the marker and make it usable again." God only knows how many people did that, uncapped their Sharpies, and got handfuls of indelible ink.

by Anonymousreply 103/06/2011

I'm curious - in the string of Sharpie responses, did anyone suggest buying a new one?

by Anonymousreply 1203/13/2011

R10, how do you do that? e-how would be another site that I'd demote. It comes up near the top in most of my searches.

by Anonymousreply 1303/13/2011

An old friend was hospitalized for renal failure.

Internet searches made me think this was an irreversible condition that would require dialysis and a kidney transplant.

When they released him after three days, I was up in arms and ready to go 'DCFS' on the hospital, nursing home, etc.

I called my intelligent friend - who set me straight and gave me better materials to read.

by Anonymousreply 1403/13/2011

I started another Yahoo Answers thread a few days ago not knowing that this one was alive and kicking, until R1 one of that thread mentioned it. Below is the one that caused me to start that thread. I just like the way the way the question is rephrased as if the first time asked wasn't clear enough. The question is still open should you wish to answer it.

"When is spring in Arizona? ? Spring time in Arizona?? When is it?"

The best section on Yahoo Answers to witness idiots and those who like to make them suffer is Religion and Spirituality. The clueless, ignorant, low IQ Christians post answers indicative of lack of gray matter usage while the DL-like atheists sweep in with their supposed superiority to crush them. The Christians return for more, undaunted, because they're too ignorant to realize what's been done to them and/or don't understand the arguments used against them. They just persist in more of the same. Of course, some of the atheists just post short, cruel answers without argument or reason, somewhat like R1s on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1503/15/2011

[quote]But keep in mind that there are doofuses everywhere, and if you have a serious problem or query you probably should take it offline and consult a pro.

Why when we have Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 1704/09/2011

Is irish springs a good soap to use during a yeast infection?

by Anonymousreply 1804/09/2011

I havent got my period in 2 months and i got a lite period and i also got a little fat and i have been tired?

by Anonymousreply 1904/09/2011

My guinea pig died ? when i brought him?

i brought 2 male guinea pigs from pets at home they said they was about 8 weeks old but one was bigger and we brought anothor female what we was plaining on puttin in aseprat cage but on that night the smallest male died he had no bites or sractes he was just dead and we dont no why pets at home said that they ad bin cheacked and that when we got them ...... we adin bin feedin them some dadielion leafs not alot and we washed and cleaned them it had the runs abit in the day can anyone help please

by Anonymousreply 2005/21/2011

What does "Inuit" mean?'?

please help me

Additional Details I said what it means? NOT What it is?

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2011

"There were no such thing as cave people. If there were they were to dumb to mater. How in the heck would people survive against wild animals for thousand of years if they were to stupid to invent toilet paper, a wheel, or motor? Let alone a cell phone or computer. The only one they should mater to is college professors who look like the cave men pictures except they have more cloths on. LOL PHD"s"

by Anonymousreply 2210/19/2011

Yahoo is pro gay

by Anonymousreply 2307/04/2012

haha, r20, here's the answer: "the vet she can dignose whats the problem then give them some medicine that problem should go away after some extracise."

exchanging ignorances, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2407/04/2012

Hilarious. Laughing at the displays of ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 2507/04/2012

Get a load of this gem:

Atheists: Now that they discovered the God particle, do you finally believe?

Well? Your precious science has once and for all proven you WRONG! Will you FINALLY see the TRUTH? Rational and logical people only needed faith but now tht there is INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE of GOD can you finally accept Him? Or will you continue to deny? I bet most Atheists will be so bitter and angry and delusional that they'll still refuse to BELIEVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 2607/04/2012

I use yahoo answers to ask and answer questions related to python programming. When you limit your scope to something specific and which you're good at it avoids all the issues pointed out here. Like circle jerking for example. You guys should do something about that btw. Get a life, or a job maybe.

by Anonymousreply 2711/14/2012

`It's not as lame as eHow.

How Do I Replace Brakes in My Car.

Step 1) Buy new set of brakes

Step 2) Remove old brakes

Step 3) Put in new brakes

Step 4) Ask a friend to help

--------------

How Do I repair my electric outlet

Step 1) Buy new electric outlet

Step 2) Remove old outlet

Step 3) Install new outlet

Step 4) Ask a friend to help.

by Anonymousreply 2811/16/2012

Happy to say this as a proudly gay man who is loving the feminist circlejerk here - call down for fucks sakes, you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2014

Lots and lots of homophobia in those answers.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2014

[quote]and the idiots who use it

Apparently you have used it a lot OP since you have learned to hate it. Who's the idiot?

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2014

Word, OP. And R28 has not only Yahoo answers, but many answer sites to a T.

by Anonymousreply 3203/04/2014

The ones that really scare me are the idiots asking medical questions about babies, old people and other vulnerable people. I once read something like "my baby she has high fever of 40 and is shaking bad and is vomiting all her milk my freidn says baby's have high fevers anyways and i am paraniod lol should i take her to the docter". And someone with even less brain cells answered, saying the baby should be given a little rice cereal in their milk, which will "thicken in the stomach and stop the milk from coming up and halt dehydration."

by Anonymousreply 3303/05/2014

Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 3403/05/2014

Whenever I read stuff like this, I always remind myself that these idiots can vote, drive, have children, own guns, etc. And then I realize why this country is so screwed up. "Idiocracy" is closer than we think.

by Anonymousreply 3503/05/2014

Most of the people there are just rude, rather answering your question instead they seem to think that criticizing on how 'dumb' your question is a suitable answer. They don't even answer the question anyways, so why bother to post a response??

by Anonymousreply 3601/07/2015

It's so awful you're FORCED to use Yahoo Answers, OP!

by Anonymousreply 3701/07/2015

I saw this sign at Reckless Records a used CD/DVD/Record place.

We accept returns for valid reasons. Buying a CD you, you already have at home and forgot about is NOT a valid reason.

by Anonymousreply 3801/07/2015

The go places the show places a Sheraton

No place on Earth you'd rather be...

Really NO PLACE. I think a bit of an overstatement there.

by Anonymousreply 3901/07/2015
Need more help? Click Here.