Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you keep yourself from eating?

Come on, no bullshit. Don't say eat this or that diet or eat several times a day, etc. I don't care about that.%0D %0D I mean when you have already eaten, you aren't stuffed, but you KNOW you don't need more food, yet keep thinking about it anyway. What do you do for willpower?%0D %0D FWIW I do eat a healthy diet and have lost some pounds. I work out moderately and realize this adds to my hunger at some level. I just don't NEED food, I just want it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 12112/03/2013

There's something wrong with your brain. Try CBT.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 103/03/2011

OP, I take a pill for ADHD in the morning and a pill for depression at night. I eat one meal a day (dinner) and I usually only eat half my plate. So, um, get thee to a psychiatrist.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 203/03/2011

drinking water with lemon chewing parsley when hungry try and graze on veggies

avoid punctuation at all costs

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 303/03/2011

Well after I have that morning tic-tac, I'm far too stuffed to eat for the rest of the day.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 403/03/2011

Easy, OP! We just close our eyes and think of Muammar!

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 503/03/2011

gin and regret

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 603/03/2011

Concentration and small plates did it for me. I could still eat stuff I love but switched to small plates. Don't read, watch TV or go on the internet while eating. Concentrate on your food, the flavor, the texture, etc. %0D %0D If you sit down and watch TV while eating a big bowl of ice cream, you don't even notice the taste of the ice cream after the third or fourth bite. You're concentrating on TV and totally tuned out of that ice cream. You end up pigging out and not even enoying it after the first few bites. You're filling up with calories while watching TV. %0D %0D I lost 60 lbs. in 6 months by using small plates and concentrating on enjoying every bite.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 703/03/2011

Try pneumonia, OP. Not only will you lose weight, you'll also get some time off from work.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 803/03/2011

Coffee and cigarettes.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 903/03/2011

Chronic pot smokers never get hungry, OP.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1103/03/2011

WW is working for me. On it you can eat all the fruits and vegetables you want so hunger isn't an issue - I can always eat something.%0D %0D That said, when I am trying to resist a temptation I think of how much working out I'll have to do to burn it off. %0D %0D Also, consistently losing each week motivates me to stay on track.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1203/03/2011

Does anyone remember the old 90's rumor that Kate Moss only maintained sustenance on vodka and cocaine for like 2 years?

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1303/03/2011

I brush my teeth at 7pm and put my night guard on. Most of the time that stops me from putting anything in my mouth in the evening (I am a big night-time snacker). Do I want to brush my teeth again or should I just forget it?

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1403/03/2011

I have a naturally light appetite, and I wish I could teach you and others how to have it. I'd be a billionaire if I could patent and mass-produce this. I can keep ice cream and cookies on hand for a month... I really just don't want to eat them that much. I've never tried to "diet" or "watch my weight" -- I just don't care much for the whole eating chewing meal-consuming thing. It's a task. If they could provide it as an IV drip I'd be just as happy.

I sort of just get very busy, and forget to eat, and then finally notice some hunger and eat a little bit of food to stave it off. I do eat one larger meal a day, but the rest is just minor foraging and being focused on other stuff. I used a website calculator to determine how much I'd need to eat to gain some weight as a busy adult male. The math said like 2800 to 3000 calories. When I calcluated how much I was actually eating, it was like only 1600-1800 a day. Oops. Bit of a gap there.

I don't know how to teach someone else to have my approach (or lack of approach) toward food - and maybe mine is not a healthy approach - but that's what it is.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1503/03/2011

I live on reds, Vitamin C and cocaine.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1603/03/2011

Marlboro Reds, vodka and Red Vines.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1703/03/2011

Everyone I live and work with seems to be quite thin.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1803/03/2011

I eat what I like when I'm hungry. I try to avoid pie and cake and ice cream and pizza, but indulge every once in a while.

Sorry if I'm supposed to do more, but I'm 45 and sick of trying so hard all the time for so long. What did it get me? Now I'm happy, even if I'm 20 lbs. overweight.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 1903/03/2011

I apparently don't.%0D %0D Just polished off a bag of pretzel M&Ms after eating a Wendy's meal of 10 chicken nuggets, fries, and a frosty.%0D %0D So much for my diet.%0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2003/03/2011

I feel your pain OP. I have the same problem. I know it's psychological on some level but no matter what anyone says, I think food does not taste the same to all people. I have always struggled with my weight. I love food. I exercise on a regular basis but because I don't always eat healthy food or eat too much, I always struggle with my weight. I had a friend once who literally hated eating. He was so slender. Healthy but slender. He told me once the only reason he ate was to stay alive and he usually ate the bare minimum. And a lady I worked with once about 1/4 my size ate about twice as much as I did. When we went to lunch, she would sometimes buy two lunches and eat and she never gained weight. She was no spring chicken either, in her late 30s. She just had an amazing metabolism because she did not exercise at all and she loved loved loved food. I loved her but kind of hated her on some level too LOL I guess I'm just saying we are all different and have to work out what works best on our own but this is a good place to get suggestions to try, as well as smart ass funny comments. Weight Watchers works well for me. It keeps you aware of how much your eating. For me, some nice fresh veggies cut up in the fridge are good for those late night munchies. I deliberately do not keep bad food in the house, or at least not much. If I'm hungry, or craving food, and I have a choice between a bowl of ice cream and some carrots, I'm choosing the ice cream. But if I have choose between eating the carrots and putting my clothes back on, driving for 10 minutes to get ice cream, I choose the carrots. Usually :)

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2103/03/2011

I hate people with extraordinary metabolism. My best friend eats like a fucking cow all damn day and yet he has always been as skinny as a beanpole. He is always complaining about how he wish he could just gain 20 lbs and no matter how much he eats, he simply can't put on weight.

UGH!!!!

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2203/03/2011

I used to binge eat and crave food like nobody's business. I'd have one of each junk food flavor - pizza, salt, chocolate, sweet, crunchy, ice cream. This would typically be followed by isolation or a late-night trip to the gym. Then as I got older, 20's into 30's, I just naturally stopped eating like that and started eating smaller portions, throughout the day. It helps for me to not be alone. When I am in a relationship I always lose weight and eat better, for some reason. I became vegetarian and started educating myself about foods to avoid and substitutes to use. It's just so much easier to eat right and exercise so you don't have to deal with the crap that goes along with being overweight or unhealthy, like depression, isolation, clothes not fitting...

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2303/03/2011

I drink a cup of hot water when I want to eat for sport. You can add lemon juice if you wish.%0D %0D It fills me.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2403/03/2011

I remind myself that if I eat too much too early, I'll be too full to snack while I watch TV. If I can't snack while watching TV, I'll be missing out on the full television viewing experience.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2503/03/2011

i've started eating super low carb lately, OP, and it has helped enormously. basically only protein and leafy vegetables. preferably high fat protein - red meat, bacon at breakfast, peanut butter. and olive oil with the vegetables. it kills your appetite, is very satisfying, and is hard to gorge on. i have found that eliminating carbs, even fruit, from my diet has eliminated the bottomless craving i used to have for them.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2603/03/2011

Peanut buttah is easy for me to gorge on.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2703/03/2011

R22, he'll probably die of glandular cancer.

OP, try Adderall or Ritalin.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2803/03/2011

I feel you, OP. I have the same issue, compounded by behavior learned as a kid. We only had horrible food in the house, and I often ate leftover half bags of coconut, slices of Kraft "cheese", handful of French's fried onion bits, etc.

I'm in my 30s and only recently started losing weight. I'm still hungry just constantly, but over the years have slowly gotten into the habit of eating low calorie foods when snacking. Unbuttered microwave popcorn with some fat free shake-on flavor, cup of skim milk, something like that. You might try something similar and see if it works for you.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 2903/03/2011

Phentermine. Use it for just a month. Your stomach will shrink up. Plus, you'll lose about fifteen pounds and feel motivated to keep going.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3003/03/2011

Eat only raw fruits and vegetables and only a little non processed meat. Eat only whole grains carbs. Don't eat any sugar - none, not a grain. Sweeten only with natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup.

Then, you will not feel so hungry all the time.

White sugar, processed foods and meats, white flour and white rice all stimulate your appetite. You can't eat any of them, ever again, even a spoon full of white sugar will trigger your hunger mechanism.

If you don't accept this, then buy the fat fad of the month program, the economy needs the stimulus, so you will be doing something positive, not for yourself, but...........

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3103/03/2011

I lost weight over 20 years and kept it off but the first few years afterwards was a struggle.%0D %0D I do small meals and I always use small plates, I also drink tea at night instead of eating. During the day I'll drink a cup or two of lemon juice with club soda and splenda. It tastes a bit like a low cal margarita with vodka. If I crave something really sweet I'll have a diet hot chocolate. If I want to munch I'll go for a green salad or crunchy veggies. Eating something small every few hours helps rid one of cravings.%0D %0D I do have to say that cutting carbs also changed my life. Once I got rid of the bread, pasta, crackers, etc, I was no longer as hungry.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3203/03/2011

this is so depressing especially R32

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3303/03/2011

Protein is key. A glass of milk or a hard boiled egg will actually stop your mindless craving in its tracks.%0D %0D Also, do NOT keep any of your "trigger foods" in the house. Not even in the trunk of your car (where my ex used to hide his binge-foods). %0D %0D Serious last-ditch remedy (learned from my sister, the Eternal Dieter).... put some Vicks on your tongue.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3403/03/2011

What's so depressing, r33? OP asked about eating stuff when we aren't hungry. Those are different cravings from the one's we get when we are hungry. The first has to do with emotional eating and that doesn't serve a purpose except as a self-destructive coping mechanism. %0D %0D No one said a person can't have dessert or something fattening once in a while but that should be part of a small meal type of deal, meaning, a serving, not something to binge on. It's all about moderation. I doubt my grandparents were stuffing themselves on junk food and they had happy lives. I'm not sure why a life without pigging out on ring dings or potato chips is somehow a depressing one.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3503/03/2011

Phentermine does work but it's impossible to get w/o a prescription. It just has so many bad side effects. I used it for a short period years ago (when you didn't need a prescription) and it was fantastic. Luckily I don't need it now because my doctor would write me an rx for that shit.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3603/03/2011

OP, Willpower is the only answer. It truly is.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3703/04/2011

Are you getting enough sleep, OP?%0D %0D When I'm over tired, watch out because I can eat the sofa and be ready for dessert.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3803/04/2011

agree with r34. 1/2 a glass of milk (2%)

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 3903/04/2011

Drinking a glass of water can hold off the urge for a bit. Then chew gum. It kills hunger, but not for too long. Coffee also can curb your appetite. Also, cut out sugar. It only stimulates your appetite.

Cut up fruit is a great way to make you full fast and curb your appetite while only consuming a few calories. You only need a few bites.

Small plates help you eat a little less but until your body gets used to it, you will get hungry more often. That is where water and chewing gum helps to extend the period of time in between meals.

I am convinced that hormones are the reason why some have a huge appetite and others don't. I am constantly hungry and have to use a lot of discipline and some of things listed above so that I don't always overeat. My hormones are also out of whack. Friends whose levels are normal, never seem to struggle with hunger the way that I do.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4003/04/2011

Eat every two and a half hours. Forget the breakfast lunch and dinner thing. Just eat around 6 times a day so that you never stuff yourself. Small plates, keep food out of sight, dont't bring sweets home. When I finally learned not to stuff myself at meals because I was famished, the weight came off. Eat anything you want, just do it in small quantities. You can do that by eating more often. I liked R7's reply too.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4103/04/2011

I realized I had a problem with food the same way an alcoholic has with alcohol. Seriously, I'm compulsive, esp. with my trigger foods. I've found a home in OA - Overeaters Anon. I love it, and it really has helped me.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4203/04/2011

I agree about the tiredness factor. I've spent most of my life struggling with the urge to overeat. I finally figured out that when I was consistently getting enough sleep(I mean 8-10 hours a night), it wasn't hard to eat moderately at all. It took me ten years to figure this out! Until now, I was always robbing myself of sleep in one way or another. Now, I'm not craving food all the time but I am still used to eating a lot. So I've been making little cutbacks here and there, very minor ones. And I'm losing weight for sure. I find I've been struggling for so long with overeating and weight issues that I don't really believe that it will ever really change even while positive things are happening. I'm hoping this time I'm experiencing a permanent shift in the right direction. One thing that definitely helps is to not beat myself up with body hatred. I just keep telling myself that I'm trying to set myself up to have a better time when I'm older.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4303/04/2011

When I still feel hungry after a meal I know if I can distract myself by doing some chore around the house the feeling will soon disappear. A cup of coffee also helps because it takes a few minutes to prepare and then I drink it slowly.

The key is to know in your head that your feeling of still being hungry will soon go away.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4403/04/2011

[quote]Coffee also can curb your appetite

Try to stay away from it or cut down drastically. Actually, caffeine is an appetite stimulant even though ironically, it is often an ingredient in diet pills.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4503/04/2011

OP here.%0D %0D I average 4-7 hours a night if I am lucky. Very light sleeper and insomniac. %0D %0D I stopped drinking alcohol and sleep a little better, but rarely achieve a solid night's sleep for years now.%0D %0D That could definitely be part of it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4603/04/2011

You should never keep yourself from eating (within reason). You should eat when you're hungry, rather than eat for the sake of eating. It's what you eat you need to be careful of.

I practice a hypoglycemic diet religiously. Rather than 2 or 3 larger meals per day I eat small portions (protein rich) every 2 hours and my last food intake no later than 8pm. This keeps my blood sugar regulated and I feel so much better than I did when I didn't eat like this.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4703/04/2011

Just say no

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4803/04/2011

I only hunger for c***.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 4903/04/2011

Put a dick in your mouth at every available opportunity!

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5003/04/2011

Since it was reported that the NY Times Minimalist is leaving, I've been trying some of his salads.

Both the edamame and fennel salads actually make great finger foods and the taste/texture is interesting enough to keep you going. The lemon/licorice taste was entertaining.

Use the guard on your mandolin.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5103/04/2011

For r49:

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5203/04/2011

My new year's res was to loose 100# by next NYE. So far I,m down 36#; I know it slows down later. I haven't been hungry at all and I think it's because I take 50g of balanced protein (TJ's vanilla soy, 4 scoops) with me to work. I keep fruit in my desk and have a piece when I'm on a break and have the protein around 11am. Good to go till dinner at 5pm. I get way more than five veg/fr a day.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5403/04/2011

There are a lot of people who really just don't get that much pleasure from eating. Then there are the miserable people who starve themselves all the time. It's a shame that in our country, our parents started us out by telling us a candy bar was a treat and if we were good, they would take us to McDonalds.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5503/04/2011

I find those protein diets leave me starving and wanting to snack.

I try to eat one or two oz of pasta with every meal. It satisfies me in a way nothing else will and kills the hunger for hours.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5603/04/2011

R32/R35, you talk about moderation but you don't understand it. Drinking tea instead of eating a meal, substituting lemon juice and club soda for food, those things are NOT examples of moderation. And there is a whole world between skipping meals and filling up on no-cal liquids and "pigging out on ring dings".

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5703/04/2011

OP, the sleep issue is part of your problem, trust me. Work with a doctor to get that resolved.

I had sleep apnea from the age of 7 on, and it went untreated until I was in my early 30s. I got energy from food, mostly carbs and caffeine. It was fine until I got a second health problem in my mid-20s which kept me from being able to move or exercise normally, and now I'm enormous. I was 350 pounds and dropped down to 315 entirely because the sleep apnea is treated now.

I've lost another 20 by working really hard at regulating what I eat. Like others have said to do, eat when you're hungry. However, after decades of eating just to make it through the day without falling asleep, I had to re-train myself to learn when I was hungry. Now that I managed that, I am re-training myself about what I eat.

This weekend, make note of when you eat and why. Were you hungry or was it just your scheduled dinner time? How often were you hungry just before you ate? See what the answers are and go from there. Be honest with yourself, and if that means you're honest to yourself but lie to people in your life, that's fine. As long as YOU know the truth, that's what matters.

It's a really tough struggle, OP. Good luck.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5803/04/2011

You just have to decide you are going to take control of your life. It really boils down to that. There are no special miracles or pills that can do that for you.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 5903/04/2011

R57, you misunderstood my post. I was answering the question about eating food after one is full from a meal. I stated that I drink tea at night instead of giving in to a food craving when I've already had my dinner and dessert. As I stated, I eat small meals throughout the day. Probably six meals. I can't eat less than 2000 calories anyway b/c then I would lose weight and I have no interest in getting lower than my current weight.%0D %0D ITA agree that a small meal every 2.5 hours is a perfect way to lessen cravings to binge. Also, OP you definitely should look into your sleep disorder. That could be a big source of your urges to overeat.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6003/04/2011

Perhaps I can help. Before my current girlfriend I was dating a model. She was an awful, vain and conceited airhead but, stunning looking and very willowy. She did various things to lose some weight before a photo session.%0D %0D o She only had one small meal a day consisting of an apple, a boiled egg and some watercress with a multivitamin pill. For the remainder of the day she drank a glass of tap water and ate some toilet roll when she was hungry.%0D %0D o When she wanted food she'd go and brush her teeth instead. She'd take like 20 minutes to brush her teeth and would completely floss too.%0D %0D o She'd sniff strawberry essence. It's got a really really strong sickly smell and really puts you off eating anything!%0D %0D As a word of warning, all the above made her an even more unpleasant person and completely killed her sex drive as she had no energy at all. Hence why she's an ex.%0D %0D Why not try learning to just love yourself exactly the way you are? It's a very attractive quality - self confidence.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6103/04/2011

I took "I also drink tea at night instead of eating" to mean exactly that, R32. Not to be too much of a jerk about this, but if you meant "instead of eating more after I already had dinner," then you should have said so.

Somewhat related: OP should probably stay away from caffeine if he has sleep/insomnia issues, especially late night caffeine.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6203/04/2011

R61, I have laughed so hard. LOMFA

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6303/04/2011

Not all of us are as perfect as you R62. Some of us might just be answering OP's question and didn't know we had to go in depth for everyone in the class.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6403/04/2011

R63, how fucking dare you! I was being genuine! FFS you just can't be nice these days can you?! Consider yourself bitchslapped!%0D %0D Those are genuinely how she lost weight and staved off her hunger pangs/overeating.%0D %0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6503/04/2011

How do you make it last? %0D How do you keep the meal from fading %0D too fast?%0D %0D %0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6603/04/2011

I can relate to what you're saying, OP. I have ten more pounds to lose. Just now I wanted so much to go out and get some really disgusting snack, but I made myself a cup of nonfat cocoa instead. Not exactly a diet food, but less calories and much healthier than what I'd been thinking of. And now I feel warm and cozy and like curling up in bed and jerking off or something nice like that.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6703/04/2011

A shot of apple cider vinegar followed by a strong chaser of water (gotta protect the teeth!).

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6803/04/2011

Those of you who say you eat 6 small meals a day, can you give examples please of what those meals consist of?%0D %0D I mean my idea of a small meal is like 2 oz of some kind of protein, a small portion of a carb like a small potato or small portion of pasta or a slice of bread and some vegetables and/or a salad. Is that a small meal or are we talking half an apple and a tsp. of peanut butter?%0D %0D I know it's asking a lot but please can you do a sample day like what you have for breakfast, your second meal, lunch, your third meal, dinner, your sixth meal (snack?)?%0D %0D I think the thing that makes us full is broken in my body/brain.%0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 6903/04/2011

AM-triple expresso w/ 4oz of 2% carnation milk. egg white omelet w/ spinach and mushrooms (tsp of low fat margarine or pam).%0D %0D Protein shake done w/ half cup water, half a cup of 1% milk blended with ice, splenda and half a banana.%0D %0D After workout-protein bar.%0D %0D Lunch-piece of grilled chicken (the size of the palm of my hand), veggies (brocoli, red peppers, onions), chick peas, done w/ tablespoon of low fat margarine, condiments (chicken bullion, garlic powder, sofrito, etc).%0D %0D snack-protein bar or fruit (e.g. mango, orange, watermelon, cup of strawberries, whatever is in season).%0D %0D Dinner-more protien chicken or seafood (size of palm), more veggies, some legumes. green salad (romaine, onion, green pepper, tomatoes, low cal sesame ginger dressing). %0D %0D fruit shake (frozen strawberries or blueberries, banana, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of 1% milk, 1oz of carnation milk, ice, splenda)%0D %0D diet hot chocolate done w/ half cup water/half cup of 1% milk w/ low cal whip cream%0D %0D cup of 1% hot milk w/ cinnamon and tsp honey if I can't sleep.%0D %0D more fruits or crunchy veggies if I'm feeling full but want something crunchy to distract me.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7003/04/2011

r65, you were being genuine and r63 was ALSO being genuine. The reaction to people who are in relations with an anorexic is BOTH frightful [you] and hilarious [r63]. You don't have to bitchslap him; he wasn't being disrespectful.

I'm surprised your ex didn't eat cotton balls dipped in orange juice...

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7103/05/2011

Eating toilet paper sounds so disturbing and sad. I've dated a few models but most ate something. One was an african american woman and we would even share a dessert when we were both up for it. That was 20 years ago and I know the field has gone through many changes in that time. The runway girls now look like they are dying.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7203/05/2011

Adderall.

Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7303/05/2011

Thank you R32/70. Now I have a better picture of how that's done.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7403/05/2011

You may think I am fat, but I think I am just easier to see.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7503/05/2011

Wow, this is a foreign concept to me, although I do have other things that I can't control. I've been underweight my entire life (I'm a male). I'm tall and thin and if I'm hungry I eat until I finish whatever I made or when I'm full. Yes, cookies and ice cream taste good, but there's always tomorrow or next week or next month to enjoy that flavor.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7603/05/2011

If you don't buy it, you can't eat it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7703/05/2011

She ate toilet paper rolls?

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7803/05/2011

Yeah R78, she ate toilet paper and sipped water to help it down. She said it gave her a feeling of fullness and stopped her getting constipated as it gave her inners something to work on.%0D %0D I knew it was no good trying to talk her out of it. She got and still gets paid many thousands a day when she's hired for a campaign so her size really does relate to the money she earns. It's odd you know because, she's still not in another relationship. If I gently ask when I sometimes bump into her in New York she'll say she hasn't got time for a relationship. I interpret this as, 'I haven't got time for a relationship as I have to focus on starving myself into ridiculous outfits some cunt has designed in size 2-6'.%0D %0D I still worry sometimes she's killing herself but I know if I mentioned it she'd just push me away for good. Shame isn't it.%0D %0D

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 7903/06/2011

I also had a friend who ate toilet paper. But she liked to crumble up a bit of "ice" (crystal meth) into it, dunk it in orange juice and swallow. Don't know why.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8003/06/2011

The Victorian gluttons were right to follow their desserts with a "cheese course". %0D %0D A bite of nice strong cheese makes the craving for more sugar go away, and there are fewer calories in a bit of cheese on a cracker than there are in a second helping of dessert. Or a third.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8103/07/2011

Every time I get the urge to binge eat, I look up gruesome images online. I usually go to websites like gore gallery or rotten.com, otherwise I watch real life videos of suicides-people shooting themselves, jumping off bridges/buildings/ -wartime footage. Looking at photos of aborted fetuses grosses me out as well as reading about crimes involving small children (makes me feel sick)...and then I lose my appetite for a nice long time. Also bug/worm eating clips, maggots and that sort of thing. Enjoy!

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8203/09/2011

Aborted fetuses? Those images are proably staged bullshit.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8303/10/2011

My neighbor eats CONSTANTLY. He has two breakfasts, an all you can eat buffet lunch and two dinners every day and who knows what he's grazing on all day. He's constantly texting me asking if I want a snack or Chinese or Mac N Cheese or whatever. Part of that is he just wants to hang out, but he's really eating all day long practically non-stop. And when he's not eating, he's drinking coffee. I know he smokes a good deal of pot, but this seems bizarre to me. He's overweight, but I've only known him for six months so I don't know if it's getting worse really or what he looked like before. He's also always burping and told me he goes through a box of alka seltzer a week.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8403/16/2011

I need how to better control portions.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8503/16/2011

>White sugar, processed foods and meats, white flour and white rice all stimulate your appetite.

Is Basmati rice as bad as regular white rice? It has half the calories but is it a good carb or a bad carb?

thnx

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8601/05/2012

damn

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8701/05/2012

You could go to a pro ana forum for tips on how not to eat. Those crazy gals have it down to a science.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8801/05/2012

I keep my hands busy with a stressball, or any other object I can get my hands on.

I eat smaller portions and variations of food thoughout the day (in the past it wasn't uncommon for me to eat only spaghetti bolognese for three days in a row and drink gallons of softdrinks). For a single person family value packages are not your friend and require quite a lot of self discipline which I didn't have when I started with changing my eating habits (diets don't work, changing your eating and calorie burning habits permanently does).

I no longer have easy access to snacks (chips, chocolate, etc.) and usually when I am on my way to get some snack I see something that I have to do beforehand (wash the dishes, take out the trash, etc.). After my errand the craving for a snack is gone and I completely forget about it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 8901/05/2012

I have zero willpower and am basically addicted to food.

I don't even want to diet because I like food so much.

Knowing I would not keep a New Years resolution to actually restrict my food intake, this year I decided to resolve to eat salad every single day. Hopefully that somehow helps me get on a better track.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9001/05/2012

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9101/05/2012

Obviously some people need to deal with the issue that lead them to their unhealthy relationship to food first (low self esteem, childhood trauma, resentment, etc.). When that issue is resolved the weight issue will practically dissolve all by itself.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9201/05/2012

For me it's just been common sense stuff, (even tho it took me awhile, and 70 lbs. to recognize it). Mostly a matter of eating the healthiest things I can, but not completely restricting myself from the not so healthy stuff, and  getting in the habit of only eating until I'm not hungry instead of eating till I'm full.Â

I found that if I am eating healthy food I am not hungry as often as when I eat, not junk food, but less than optimally healthy foods. Don't restrict yourself completely from bad food if you're really craving it, you'll get irritated and end up eating more of it, but try putting off eating it for 30 minutes and of you still want it set it, but eat a smaller portion of it. It's important to figure out if you are really hungry, or if you're eating because your bored. Also important to make sure you re getting enough protein, if you aren't you will keep getting hungry 20-30 minutes after you eat.

If I have a couple of days when I've eaten full meals two or three times a day I have to make a conscious effort to get back in the habit of only eating till I'm not hungry or I'm eating a meal twice a day again, and aging weight. We grow up taught that there is a certain amount that we need to eat (a full meal) and while we are still growing it's a very good thing, but we never really get out of that habit once we've finished growing (somewhere near 27-28)

Also excersizing before meals helps, I don't have to go to the gym, even a twenty minute walk will cut out a lot of my appetite, and I can make better decisions about what Igoing to eat instead of being so hungry that I'm just stuffing things in my mouth.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9301/05/2012

You know how so-called diet experts tell you these days about the importance of eating two healthy snacks every day? That doesn't work for me.

If I snack, I over eat. So I don't in between meals. At all.

Find out what works for you, then do it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9401/05/2012

Read Judith Beck's CBT weight loss book.

Find out how not to eat just because you want to.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9501/05/2012

After resisting low carb eating for many years, I'm finally trying it. I have to say, it feels miraculous physically. I'm losing weight quickly, feel energetic and don't have the aches and pains that I was having on a daily basis. I also don't have any of those manic urges to overeat or big cravings for sugary, high carb stuff. I'm talking about those urges that bully you to the point where you're going to eat no matter what you tell yourself.

I am finding it hard psychologically and I don't really love eating this way. It's a pain and it's hard not to have the treats to give me that (very temporary) happy boost when things are stressful. But I am not going to argue with the way I feel physically and I'm just going to assume that I'm going through an adjustment period.

Breakfast today was half an avocado with a little sour cream and some sliced turkey. I feel great, not hungry and full of energy. I used to feel bad that I got hungry so quickly after every meal when my thinner friends didn't. No carbs and I have no hunger between meals.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9601/05/2012

White carbs are killers, no lie.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9701/05/2012

I finish every meal with a bit of cheese. The fat satiates me.

IF I am truly hungry after that I will eat an apple, but that happens maybe twice a year.

I eat pasta and am at a great weight ignore the carb trolls.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9801/05/2012

[quote]Read Judith Beck's CBT weight loss book.

Cock and ball torture curbs the appetite?

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 9901/05/2012

No R98, don't ignore the carb trolls.

We are telling about our own experiences. I'm not out to convert anybody. I'm just telling what I've experienced.

What works for you who is "at a great weight" is not necessarily going to work for someone who has been overweight their entire life (at a "great weight" literally!) It's not going to necessarily work for people who have issues with insulin resistance that makes them hungry just hours after eating. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have these issues.

If low carb is right for someone, they are probably going to know very soon after they try it. If it isn't, it isn't.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10001/05/2012

Case in point, my 18 year old niece has always been a healthy girl. She exercises hard every day and does not eat junk food as a habit. She has never been fat, but is wide hipped and big chested and seems to gain weight easily. (Welcome to the Family!)

In the past year, she decided to go vegetarian and all of a sudden she was tipping towards getting really fat. It was a noticeable change. Everyone was attributing it to anxiety or depression, but she's neither anxious or depressed. Recently she decided that she needed to eat meat so she could lose the excess weight. And she has suddenly dropped quite a few pounds and has gotten out of the "ut oh" zone.

We just have a problem with insulin in this family. Many of the older members, fat and thin are Type II diabetics. I don't say "white carbs are killers" because they aren't for everybody. But for some, they definitely are.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10101/05/2012

I have cut back on booze and notice it has made a major difference in a short time. May try cutting back on carbs as well -- bread & rice, not fruit which I adore & need.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10201/05/2012

If you're on certain antidepressants (Lexapro, for example) there is information online about how to eat carbs because the medicine tweaks something in your brain to want more carbs. I started taking Wellbutrin instead and now have no problems.

The other thing I noticed was that by not eating enough fat (good fats from nuts or avocados) - I would usually get hungrier sooner after eating. A balanced meal of equal portions of carbs, proteins, and fat usually keeps me from being hungry.

Also - hydration is a big factor. What many think of as hunger is simply thirst. If I'm feeling like I want to eat and it's only a short time after eating a meal - I drink a large glass of water first to see if that sates my hunger.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10301/05/2012

A female friend in her early 40s has lost about 20lbs in the past year. She simply doesn't eat dinner anymore. She eats what she wants the rest of the time, but she prepares her food at home. She has not seen the inside of a qym in years, by the way. She never works out. Ever.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10401/05/2012

I concur with R96, and others who've commented how dangerous carbs (particularly refined carbs and sugar) can be for many people. It really is down to a genetic sensitivity for many. (For info on why some people are sensitive to carbs, and others not so much, read Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat", which should be required reading at high school.)

What many people also don't know is that for those sensitive to the effects of carbs, it's not just about the weight gain. Since I gave up carbs I've seen huge improvements in my skin, the quality of my sleep, disappearance of inflamed joints, total lack of acid reflux, better mood and much more energy. I could go on. Far too often nowadays, doctors just give people a pill to treat the symptoms rather than the underlying causes of chronic complaints which are often a result of their diet (even so called "healthy" diets rich in grains).

Many people also are never going to be properly well or be able to control their appetite while eating wheat. See the book at the link for information on the addictive qualities of modern wheat.

This book and the Taubes book literally changed my life. If I'd had the information these books provide 25 years ago, my life would have been better in a number of ways.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10501/05/2012

i usually drink water. if that dont work ill keep myself busy by exercising or doing homework or something untill its off my mind. i also try to ask myself whats more important, staying healthy and losing weight or food

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10602/11/2013

Why would I try to stop eating? I try to eat a small healthy meal every two hours. As soon as I get up at 6am, I start with a bowl of old-fashioned whole grain oatmeal which I cook in the microwave while the coffee percolates, and I cut up a banana in it. I try to make all my meals very moderate except dinner is a celebration of happiness and prosperity every evening. I cook a feast and invite people, or else I go to the homes of friends who invite me.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10702/11/2013

1. Chew on a lemon.

2. Wait 7 Days.

3. Eat another lemon.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10802/11/2013

I do think some people enjoy food more than others. My boyfriend never gets too excited about food and he is thin. I love dining out and love food, sometimes I would rather have a good meal than sex.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 10902/11/2013

[quote]I have cut back on booze and notice it has made a major difference in a short time.

Amen! I've done two things in the last month:

1. Bought a Vitamix blender and am drinking several vegetable/fruit smoothies (with protein) a day instead of breakfast and lunch; and

2. Stopped drinking booze.

It has made a big difference to my weight (I was having difficulty getting rid of that last 10 pounds to get back to my weight from five years ago) and how I feel.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11002/11/2013

I did this too, r110. I then discovered that my vitamix blender makes the most delicious rum and fresh fruit smoothies ever.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11102/11/2013

OP of this thread here, surprised to see it back.

Since I wrote this almost two years ago, I have only managed to lose about 35 pounds. I need to lose about 40 more. But I couldn't seem to get over that fucking 35, and gain and lose the same five pounds over and over.

So two weeks ago I finally caved and went to a Diet Doctor/Drug Dealer for some legal speed. Phentermine, of course. The dude has to be on it himself; he acted like a speed freak and could barely look me in the eye. He will only give out a week's worth of pills at a time and it's $100 for the week.

Other than trouble sleeping I have no side effects other than a lot of energy and I've lost 20 pounds - in two weeks! Thanks drug dealing doc.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11202/11/2013

On the Princess Diana diet, you can eat all you want to whenever you want to. All you need to melt away the pounds is just one little index finger.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11302/11/2013

Oh fat Americans and their food obsession

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11402/22/2013

I sleep a lot. A LOT.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11502/22/2013

Phentermine works. No doubt about it. If you take that shit you will have lots of energy and no appetite. AT ALL. But I'm sure you know how dangerous that stuff is OP. Effective as it is, it's just not worth it. Most doctors won't even prescribe it anymore. Certainly not for someone with only 40 pounds to lose.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11602/22/2013

Coffee/cigs, keep urself busy. i usually eat when i starve the entire day but i purge the food out :) keeps me skinny. very unhealthy tho i don't recommend you follow it.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11712/03/2013

Avoid white sugar and fake sugar. Try stevia. Limit meat and dairy(meaning you don't have to eat it every day), and what meat and dairy you do consume, make sure it's organic pastured etc... Limit fake oils like margarine and corn oil. Grass fed butter is way better as is pastured organic lard. What do you think are grandparents ate?!? This whole "fat and cholesterol is bad for you " movement is partly to blame for the obesity epidemic. That and fast food. Eliminate processed foods as much as you can. You probably want to watch documentaries and/or read books that pertain to organic and healthful eating. By this I don't mean vegetarian . I know a few obese vegans and vegetarians, too many carbs

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11812/03/2013

R117, you may want to get help. Do you realize you saved this thread for almost a year so you could post this craziness?

And R118, you need to improve your reading comprehension. OP said he wasn't looking for diet recommendations. His mental issues around food are his concern.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 11912/03/2013

Piles of cocaine. Makes it hard to swallow.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 12012/03/2013

I eat shit, but don't die.

by Don''t call me pudgy portly or stout cause I tell you once again who''s fatreply 12112/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.