Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Most masculine twink

Which pretty twink exudes the most masculinity?

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2014

talk about an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 103/03/2011

Perhaps Chace. I think the better question is which one exudes the most femininity.

by Anonymousreply 203/05/2011

I guess Chace, cause at least he seems to be able to pretend to like women convincingly enough on screen (I think Chace is bisexual rather than gay). Zac is pretty good at that too but has a Tom Cruise closeted quality. Joe, Logan are total queens. Taylor while muscular is a total queen who I haven't seen convincingly appear as though he wants to bang women (his 'love' for Kristin Stewart is utterly laughable.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2011

"Twink" is a term used only by old people who are usually effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2011

"Ignorant" is what people are who assume anyone using "twink" is old or effeminate. They usually are methed-out losers who can't hold down a real job.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2011

Twinks cant be masculine

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2012

I think "twink" was invented by bear and/or leather types, referring to the little fruitflies that buzzed around rougher gay bars, looking for a top.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2012

OP forgot the IT twunk-of-the-moment, HUNGER GAMES' Alexander Ludwig:

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2012

Leave Ludwig out of it; he has 4 lines in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2012

Yeah, "twink" is a word for envious oldies. It practically brands them as such.

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2012

Men who use the word "effeminate" are almost always effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2012

The problem with all of them is that they are celebrities, so they dress and comport themselves like their handlers tell them, which means that none of them appear natural. Of the list Logan Lerman seems the most natural, which is what appeals to me.

Not sure what some of you have in mind with the term "masculine." I've seen many guys on DL called "masculine" who are nothing more than freakish exaggerations of certain traits. I think some of you don't know what a natural male is.

by Anonymousreply 1303/24/2012

Franchisco Lachowski

by Anonymousreply 1403/24/2012

[quote]The problem with all of them is that they are celebrities, so they dress and comport themselves like their handlers tell them, which means that none of them appear natural

That is so true. They make them wear unattractive clothes and overstyled hair. Go to a mall and check out the college or high school guys. They are much hotter.

by Anonymousreply 1503/24/2012

None of them. .. They all look like a bunch of sissies to me.

by Anonymousreply 1603/24/2012

Hollywood does tend to "priss up" it's young stars. Who knows why. Just look at Justin Bieber in interviews or concerts. When you see pics of him out on the beach or whatever, he looks a lot better. Don't people realize this?

by Anonymousreply 1703/24/2012

Welcome back, pederast @ r12!

Fucked any choirboys today?

by Anonymousreply 1803/24/2012

Nice, R8! Gotta love the hot Canadians :) I have no idea what they put in the water up there.. but whatever they do, keep on doing it! I want more guys like Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds etc!

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2012

How can u be a twink and masculine?

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2012

Wouldn't a musculine twink rather be considered a jock like, say, Alex Pettyfer?

r8, I for one like your suggestion and taste.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2012

sorry, I meant masculine twink, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2012

Are people who assure you they are straight acting just subtly fostering homophobia? After all, there’s nothing wrong with being gay acting, writes Alexander Leighton.

Looking back on the concept of straight-acting, I first have to recall an artwork I saw in a gallery when I was about 12. I must have stood there staring at it for a good fifteen minutes before my Mum came over and thought that my curiosity meant that she had to explain what gay was to me. In reality, I knew what gay meant but I didn’t know what straight meant. Once I knew what straight meant, I couldn’t understand why the out gay men who were my idols at the time, would want to act like a straight man – which to my understanding and the understanding of the artist meant that they adhered to straight stereotypes and avoided gay ones so as to appear heterosexual.

So now, six years later I am still faced with the question “Why would out gay men want to act like straight men?” Isn’t the whole concept of straight acting a massive example of internalised homophobia? I mean if you say “I act straight” aren’t you buying into the idea that there is some definitive way in that being a homosexual changes the way that you act? And what does it even mean to act straight? From a cursory look at the website straightacting.com straight acting is advertised as acting in a masculine manner. If one can assume that in a man, straight is synonymous with masculine, then does this mean that gay is synonymous with effeminate? Isn’t this one of the main ideas from which homophobia springs; that all gay men are effeminate and all straight men are masculine?

Yet something I’ve heard so many times from particularly masculine men who have been attracted to me is “One of the things I like about you is that you aren’t super gay, you know, you don’t act like a girl all the time.” I think when I get told that, the guys expect it to come across as some super-meaningful compliment so when I reply “Well, if you don’t want someone gay then you’ve got the wrong person,” they tend to get confused.

It’s at this point that I need to clarify that I’m not writing this article to criticise masculine homosexual men. I’m criticising the homosexual men who think that straight acting makes them somehow socially superior and go out of their way to appear straight to anyone who they don’t want to have gay sex with. If a homosexual man is masculine then that is how he is and I can say that I am a masculine homosexual man (mostly). If he says he is straight acting then that is not how he is, that is an act. Acting means to act, fancy that!

As far as I see it, if you want to act straight and pretend to be straight when you aren’t then why not go all the way and BE STRAIGHT. I certainly won’t miss you. Straight acting is something we’ve all done at one time or another for usually one reason: We don’t want people to know we are gay. So why are there now all these openly homosexual men saying they’re straight acting and more importantly WHY DO PEOPLE WANT STRAIGHT ACTING BOYFRIENDS?

As an example, I was on a date with a guy and he pulled me into a David Jones. I wasn’t really sure what was going on (as I definitely don’t call clothes shopping a date) until he pointed out a man with dyed pink hair with leopard spots shaved into it and started giggling. I had no idea what he was laughing about until he said “He’s so faggy; it’s hilarious.” Needless to say I was angry at him. Here he was, on a date with another man, and he was pointing out and ridiculing a random stranger for having a haircut that might be perceived as stereotypically gay. After listening to him call himself straight-acting for an entire evening and then being openly homophobic, I just left without another word.

Straight acting isn’t being masculine, it’s being homophobic. You are scared of being associated with homosexuals because of the adversity we face but you’re more than happy to take all the liberties our struggles against this adversity have brought you. I came out of the closet at age 14 as a gay-acting gay and I will always be gay-acting because I am gay. Every action I do is gay because I am gay.

So if you do just use the term ‘straight acting’ why not pause and think about the homophobia the term implies and just say ‘masculine’?

And if you’re acting straight purely because you think that it makes you better than all of us faggots, poofs and queers then I think that maybe you should finally step out of the closet and into our world because You can’t act straight and be gay. It’s an oxymoron, moron.

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2012

[quote]Zac... has a Tom Cruise closeted quality.

Ever since word got out that Cruise invited Efron over to his house, it's an easy bet that the SciFi cult is after him to join.

by Anonymousreply 2505/07/2012

Bieber is being more masculine by the day, helped by his association with rapper and hip hop. He even talks urban, sings urban, and has acquired a thuggish swag. He is probably gonna start lifting weights soon.

by Anonymousreply 2606/01/2012

Kellan Lutz

by Anonymousreply 2706/05/2012

Betty Buckley!

by Anonymousreply 2806/05/2012

That's sort of like saying "most orange-ish apple." Kind of a contradiction, no?

by Anonymousreply 2906/05/2012

[quote] Yeah, "twink" is a word for envious oldies. It practically brands them as such.

Sorry, no. We don't want to fuck something that has to stand in two different places to cast a shadow, looks like Kim Zolciak's wig and smells of cheap perfume and meth.

No thank you, not today and not ever.

by Anonymousreply 3006/05/2012

Masculine twinks are like masculine Asians. They're frankly missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 3106/05/2012

Masculine is not a word I would associate with Taylor Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 3206/05/2012

Isn't this like discussing the most broad-minded bigot or the smartest idiot?

by Anonymousreply 3306/05/2012

I would love to fuck Taylor Lautner into the next century and then back again.....!! What a total daddie's boy he would make...but you couldn't take him out...you'd have to keep him locked up in the basement between fuckings.

by Anonymousreply 3406/05/2012

It is almost impossible for a twink to be masculine unless he is a straight up thug.

by Anonymousreply 3506/06/2012

Nick Jonas

by Anonymousreply 3611/17/2012

Taylor Lautner, his face is a tiny bit more masculine than the others, but mostly it's that he's built. And he's also reasonably tall, 5'10.

by Anonymousreply 3711/17/2012

Justin Bieber needs to keep his shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 3803/29/2013

This thread is a perfect example of how people in prissy DL land understand "masculine" to be a freakish cartoonish caricature (and always old). You people belong in an institution

by Anonymousreply 3903/29/2013

This is why - and how - we hate us.

by Anonymousreply 4003/29/2013

Taylor is not a twink

by Anonymousreply 4107/02/2013

Joe Jonas is not a twink

by Anonymousreply 4209/27/2013

Chase

by Anonymousreply 4311/02/2014

Jacob Artist

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.