Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Bianchi''s back!

He's HOME in Fire Island--the place of his spiritual re-birth!

But he's got post-partum depression because he's finished his latest book "Fine Art Sex," and so he's experiencing just what women go through after giving birth!

by Anonymousreply 20111/30/2013

"Did I say muscle? Yes we do come here to see and touch and taste that. The Pines invites us to live nakedly / vibrantly / and ultimately lovingly."

I especially love the accompanying footage of the muscley houseboy walking the three dogs.

by Anonymousreply 102/17/2011

I'm glad he clarifies that it's The Pines that do all that.

We wouldn't want anyone to confuse it with Cherry Grove.

by Anonymousreply 202/17/2011

I've never been to Fire Island but someone told me that Cherry Grove was more "west village" while the Pines was more "chelsea". I guess that means CG attracts an older, more musical theater crowd while the Pines has muscle boys. Has anyone else noticed this?

by Anonymousreply 302/17/2011

We have been to Cherry Grove, r2. There are times in one's life when sheer perfection starts to lose its luster, its gorgeous sheen, and the soul cries out for a different point of view to restore what has been lost. When such a crisis occurs, we go "slumming" and take a short stroll down the beach to the Grove. The sight of those poor, pudgy bodies shuttling back and forth between Cherry's and the Ice Palace is like a sorbet to "cleanse the palate". After at most an hour of witnessing this sad display, as there are limits to how much sorbet our souls can absorb, we return to the Pines - by way of the delectable Meat Rack - and find ourselves re-nourished and ready to take on whatever challenge (or muscle) is presented to us!

by Anonymousreply 402/17/2011

I love the first picture of him spreading his varicose veiny grizzled thighs in a gesture of joyous welcome, as if to say, "Come world, enjoy the pleasures of my skanky aged crotch!"

by Anonymousreply 502/17/2011

So many old queens so many white couches. Not that that is a bad thing. I am old and I have a white couch...wait...

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2011

Must be cold out there right now.

by Anonymousreply 702/17/2011

he's never failed to give me gas.

by Anonymousreply 802/17/2011

Hiding in ghettos and 'being gay' is so yesteryear.

by Anonymousreply 902/17/2011

Wow r4 I'm at work and dare not open the Miss Tom Bianchi website. Is that directly from his overwrought scriblings or are you merely channeling his thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 1002/17/2011

He's got yet another new "forever soulmate" named Ben! Ben too, you see is "perfection", as well as having a "soul". Aren't these the qualities Tom sees in every man under 35 who isn't running strenuously in the opposite direction?

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2011

Is he on Twitter? I wish I could get his nuggets of wisdom every single day.

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2011

"...he has managed to build a life and living around his dick."%0D %0D Why is that different than any other man? He's just more public about it because of his career. Everything a man does from the time he gets up in the morning is about his dick: earning money, working-out, grooming, lying, eating... it's all about sex.

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2011

He looks like one of those apple throwing trees in The Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2011

Speak for yourself. My work and my career have nothing to do with my sexuality or sex life. This is neither a good nor a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2011

It has to be said:

M * A * R * Y * !!

by Anonymousreply 1702/18/2011

r14, no. No, it isn't. Project much, sex freak?

by Anonymousreply 1802/18/2011

Can someone explain to me who exactly he is? I mean, I know the jokes about him, but I still don't understand why he thinks we're supposed to care about him, ridiculous prose aside.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2011

[quote]Everything a man does from the time he gets up in the morning is about his dick: earning money, working-out, grooming, lying, eating... it's all about sex.

Yes, thank you, Mr. Woods. But I think you'd better get back to improving your golf game.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2011

He is a photographer who has published a few moderately successful coffee table type books of male nudes- obviously homoerotic and homosexual, going back years.%0D %0D I suppose with the advent of the Internet, like many people promoting themselves and their work etc, he has a site- My guess is that he has fans or admirers, younger men who want to be photographed by him as well. Good looking young men, as you must know, can be very susceptible to that kind of flattery, or presumed flattery.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2011

"Good looking young men, as you must know, can be very susceptible to that kind of flattery, or presumed flattery." %0D %0D Really? Just the good looking young ones?%0D

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2011

Does Tom B. ever give a fleeting second's thought to ANYthing else?

Does he read books?

He seems so empty.

by Anonymousreply 2302/18/2011

Um, Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 2502/18/2011

Is the photography in his coffee table book as bad as the photography on his website?

by Anonymousreply 2602/18/2011

Yes it is, VOTN. Bianchi spent many years in NYC as a lawyer in the entertainment industry and made a pile of money. He then left his job to devote himself full-time to photography and finding his numerous "soulmates." He's empty, shallow and a mega-narcissist, but he's harmless and not hurting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2702/18/2011

[quote]Do you know a homely or out of shape person who gets photographed for being, homely, and put in coffee table books

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2011

Also for charlie:

by Anonymousreply 2902/18/2011

And finally for charlie again.

I have coffee table books on my coffee table with all three of these pictures in them.

by Anonymousreply 3002/18/2011

[quote]He's empty, shallow and a mega-narcissist, [bold]but he's harmless and not hurting anyone.[/bold]

This argument gets trotted out on any thread about Tom Bianchi, and I think it's a singularly stupid one.

90% of the celebrities we diss on Datalounge could be described this way: Lindsay Lohan, Barbara Walters, Paris Hilton, Star Jones, Gwyneth Paltrow, Charlie Sheen, Russell Brand, the Kardashian sisters, Joan Rivers...

If we were limited to discussing and dissing celebrities who actually hurt people, we'd be limited to talking only about Mel Gibson and O.J. Simpson.

I'm sorry, but just being empty, shallow and mega-narcissistic is grounds for being mocked on Datalounge, and it always has been, and it always will be.

by Anonymousreply 3102/18/2011

I too wonder if Tom is harmless.

He deals in pandering a sense of beauty that few can achieve, and even fewer can achieve without medication.

His "Art" is all about playing on the most obvious gay sterotypes.

And by the way, how hard is it to take photos of "perfect" bodies any way?

by Anonymousreply 3202/18/2011

[quote]And by the way, how hard is it to take photos of "perfect" bodies any way?%0D %0D Not very, if this douche is doing it.%0D %0D I'm sorry, I like seeing a nice-looking man as much as the next guy, but the photos on his website (to say nothing of the accompanying prose) are dreadful.%0D %0D How old is he, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 3302/18/2011

by Anonymousreply 3402/18/2011

He's one hundred and thirty-four years young!

by Anonymousreply 3502/18/2011

I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 3602/19/2011

[quote]Does Tom B. ever give a fleeting second's thought to ANYthing else? Politics?

I'm all for men discovering each other's bodies spiritually and physically in bathhouses, swimming pools, public parks and public restrooms!

Does he read books?

My villa in Palm Springs is filled with books! I have all the greats represented: Robert Mapplethorpe, Bruce Weber, Tom of Finland, George Platt Lynes, Helmut Newton, John Preston, Gordon Merrick...

by Anonymousreply 3702/21/2011

[quote]He's one hundred and thirty-four years young!

I could believe that.

Note to self: remember to try to age gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 3802/21/2011

[quote]he's harmless and not hurting anyone.%0D %0D I know one of his former "soulmates" in Palm Springs who actually bought Tom's load of airy fairy love bullshit and who Tom then dumped with no warning who would have a HUGE disagreement with that statement.

by Anonymousreply 3902/22/2011

Tom is like an aged cheese. Not a fine, aged cheese, but an aged cheese. With mold on it. Fur covering the creamy cheese. And a stink that would make Cheryl pass out.

by Anonymousreply 4002/22/2011

Is "muscle" his euphemism for "penis?"

Why be so coy?

by Anonymousreply 4102/22/2011

It has to be said:%0D %0D Jealous, bitches?%0D %0D Oh, I think so, majorly.

by Anonymousreply 4202/22/2011

LOL!! Jealous of a fossil with varicose veins the size of drainage ditches? Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 4302/22/2011

Am I jealous that he has managed to turn a decent talent into a life of laying by the pool with naked hotties? Yes.

Jealous of his narcissistic/ borderline personality disorder prose and apparent mindset? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 4402/22/2011

VOTN, is your Google broken?

by Anonymousreply 4502/22/2011

Derek appears a bit long in tooth for Mr. Bianchi.

I think this is a good thing. Gramma Gums was looking a bit pathetic with the uber-twink set.

by Anonymousreply 4602/22/2011

[quote]a fossil with varicose veins %0D %0D AIDS meds cause those veiny legs. Lots of geezers in Palm Springs have them.

by Anonymousreply 4702/22/2011

[quote]VOTN, is your Google broken?

I looked at his website for as long as I could stand, and I still didn't know.

Unless there's a Tom Bianchi For Dummies website, I don't know that Google would be of much help.

And if he is using it in place of "cock" it still doesn't tell me why.

by Anonymousreply 4802/22/2011

Yeah, I don't know where anyone could get any info on Tom Bianchi.

by Anonymousreply 4902/22/2011

Grammy Gums, lol

I thought we'd established that her nickname was "Granny T-Cells"

by Anonymousreply 5002/22/2011

That wiki page is hysterically funny (one of the world's most prolific and well loved writers and artists! Who hit the crack pip before writing this? It also says virtually nothing about him other than PR bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5102/22/2011

[quote]Yeah, I don't know where anyone could get any info on Tom Bianchi.%0D %0D First off, that reads like a press release, which is a big Wikipedia no-no.%0D %0D Secondly, it still doesn't answer my question on "muscle."

by Anonymousreply 5202/22/2011

There's some nazi queen guarding Bianchi's page like a gargoyle. I tried to alter a few things (hee hee) and he threatened me for "vandalizing" the page. i pointed out that many of the ridiculous claims were not cited- apparently that's okay now.

by Anonymousreply 5302/22/2011

You can bust him for being a sockpuppet.

by Anonymousreply 5402/22/2011

How do I do that? I'm not that familiar with wiki.

by Anonymousreply 5502/22/2011

[quote]How do I do that? I'm not that familiar with wiki.%0D %0D It logs the IP address of anyone who makes an edit to the page, and if you keep changing things in accordance with their stated guidelines, and someone keeps changing it back, you go to the "Talk" page and add the tag {{subst:socksuspectnotice|PUPPETMASTER}}

by Anonymousreply 5602/22/2011

I have observed Mr Bianchi in Provincetown on several occasions. If you do not look like a Colt model then stay clear. You are invisible and not welcomed in his imperial presence. He is constantly cruising,eyes darting like an octogenarian weasel. Watching him hold court,pool side, wearing a tiny bikini bathing suit is not to be believed. He appears insane.

by Anonymousreply 5702/22/2011

Tom Bianchi's back: it's probably as scary as his front!

by Anonymousreply 5802/22/2011

the grove/pines debate is stupid. they are right next to each other separated by a major cruising forrest and a nude beach; about 1/3 of a mile between the towns; there are hot men in both towns, cherry grove has more night life and commerce, pines has fancier houses, cherry grove is more of a typical fun kitschy beach resort. Both have extremely hot underwear parties. Cherry Grove is more mixed, Pines is more male. Cherry Grove has more restaurants, although there really isn't any good place to dine out in either town. Both are extremely expensive, but the Pines is moreso. Anyone in decent shape runs or walks between the two communities, some of us daily, and enjoy the scenery of all sorts in both towns.

A great many people who enjoy gay Fire Island avail themselves of the best of both towns.

by Anonymousreply 5902/22/2011

and before someone calls me a Grover with a chip on my shoulder, I live in a beautiful house in the Pines. It's just that I'm not a snob and have fun (!!!!) in both towns.

by Anonymousreply 6002/22/2011

I really think it's interesting how straight men admire or at least vicariously enjoy Hugh Hefner, but so many gay men can't stand Tom Bianchi.

by Anonymousreply 6102/22/2011

R61, Hugh Hefner never pretended to be some prolific writer, talking about the "spiritual connection" and "oneness" he felt with the centerfold of the month. Bianchi is annoying because rather than take Jake Cruise's approach and say "I like hot guys", he has to make it about him, bullshit spirituality, and what reads like a very insecure person saying "no, really, I LOVE my life. Did I already say that? Because I do." Nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 6202/22/2011

R61- ummm, so gay men should model ourselves after straight men? That's nuts. straight men do lots of abhorrent, bizarre, and ridiculous things. Being gay liberates me from all that bullshit, hon, if I choose to be liberated. I'm not going to celebrate a cretin who tried to turn his obsession with sex and "perfect' bodies into some kind of religion. He's moronic.

by Anonymousreply 6302/22/2011

[quote]Bianchi is annoying because rather than take Jake Cruise's approach and say "I like hot guys", he has to make it about him, bullshit spirituality, and what reads like a very insecure person saying "no, really, I LOVE my life. Did I already say that? Because I do." Nauseating.

I just can't abide anyone, gay or straight, who uses $5 words in order to make is sound like he isn't a vain, shallow person.

It reminds me of the guy with the epic profile that kept going on and on and on about how brilliant he was.

by Anonymousreply 6402/23/2011

The man is a sick joke. End of story...Period

by Anonymousreply 6502/23/2011

"Derek appears a bit long in tooth for Mr. Bianchi."%0D %0D I guess it's a wrap for Derek.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6602/25/2011

I see Miss Bianchi has discovered 'the batman angle' in her photography.

by Anonymousreply 6702/25/2011

[quote]and before someone calls me a Grover with a chip on my shoulder, I live in a beautiful house in the Pines.

Whew! That a close call.

You've really got us convinced you're not a snob at all about The Pines. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 6802/25/2011

Oh God...will somebody please throw a bucket of water on this witch!!!

by Anonymousreply 6902/25/2011

For those of us who live outside of the cynical sarcastic of the center of the universe that is Manhattan, Bianchi's photos have proven to be quite interesting principally because they depict the older male - in his 50s and 60s - as a sexual being. %0D

by Anonymousreply 7004/17/2011

Hear, hear, r70! But for "sexual being" read "mawkishly exploitative and self-deluded sexual being."

by Anonymousreply 7104/17/2011

R70- oh please, Mary!! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 7204/19/2011

[quote]Bianchi's photos have proven to be quite interesting principally because they depict the older male - in his 50s and 60s - as a sexual being. But there are no men in their 60s in his photos... other than him. if they were really all that groundbreaking, his photos would show multiple older men as sexual beings... not just ONE older man who is sexually interested in men thirty, forty, even fifty years younger than he is.

by Anonymousreply 7304/19/2011

Thank you r73!

by Anonymousreply 7404/19/2011

Just how old is he now? 70s?

by Anonymousreply 7504/19/2011

I just read his Wiki. 66? Please.

by Anonymousreply 7604/19/2011

That Wiki page is Sockpuppet city.

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2011

[quote] Bianchi's photos have proven to be quite interesting principally because they depict the older male - in his 50s and 60s - as a sexual being.

And they do this how, exactly? They certainly don't depict anything remotely considered truth or reality, considering that Bianchi is close to seventy and eats, sleeps, and breathes steroids because of the fact that he has AIDS, a reality that he constantly hides since his brain is so fogged up with anti anxiety meds and he lives in a land of constant delusion.

A normal, functioning sixty year old man does not look like that disgusting little orange troll. Nor is a normal sixty year old man constantly surrounded by men 1/3 of his age that he pays for.

You are incredibly naive and gullible.

by Anonymousreply 7804/20/2011

Wiki says:%0D %0D "He is currently working on an album and stage presentation of some poems being set to song from his book MEN I%E2%80%99VE LOVED."%0D %0D AH HA HA HA HA HAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7904/20/2011

I totally agree he is a nut... but I also think he is a harmless nut. The vitriole of many posts and the one below... phew. I wonder what the poster below does for a living, and his age, and I wonder if he would post his pic as well... then others could give him their take on what a normal person should be doing. By the way, Bianchi pays for no one. He does not "keep" his squeezes. I've met him, I know people who know him quite well, in PS and in the FIP.%0D %0D "A normal, functioning sixty year old man does not look like that disgusting little orange troll. Nor is a normal sixty year old man constantly surrounded by men 1/3 of his age that he pays for.%0D %0D You are incredibly naive and gullible."%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8004/20/2011

R80= acquaintance who's just as fucked up as he is. Go away little sockpuppet.

by Anonymousreply 8104/20/2011

[quote]"He is currently working on an album and stage presentation of some poems being set to song from his book MEN I'VE LOVED."

It's a take-off of "O Calcutta!" It's called "O Mary!"

by Anonymousreply 8204/20/2011

Elaine Stritch IS Tom Bianchi in "MEN I'VE LOVED"!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8304/20/2011

[quote]and before someone calls me a Grover with a chip on my shoulder, I live in a beautiful house in the Pines. It's just that I'm not a snob

Oh the irony.

by Anonymousreply 8404/20/2011

Got some questions here. Does anybody know how exactly RICH Tom Bianchi is? And how he makes money? I mean, I don't see how he could afford to lead his lifestyle based on his book sales alone. Maybe wise diversified investments? At any rate, is Bianchi a millionaire? multimillionaire? Wouldn't be surprised if he were, seeing as how he seems to have half the world's hottest gay men as lovers... %0D %0D Now, the following one is probably what everyone else here is also wondering about. HOW THE HELL did Tom Bianchi manage to meet his 42-years-younger blond ex-boytoy, Aaron Young!?!? And WHY did they break up!?!? Who dumped who!?!? Love to know the inside scoop on that as well!!!

by Anonymousreply 8504/24/2011

P.S. Just not buying how Bianchi does NOT pay for his "squeezes" or "lovers" or "life partners" or whatever he calls them. There has to be some sort of monetary transaction there, no? Can anybody shed light on this? For example, the courting process? Online? All the hottest circuit parties across the country (plus the world)? And how does the breakup initiation begin? Surely not by a curt phone call or text message... AND, do they continue to keep in touch afterwards? %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8604/24/2011

It's just not a Tom Bianchi thread without the inevitable appearance of the "I know Tom and he's harmless" Troll making excuses for him.

by Anonymousreply 8704/24/2011

But, that's the thing; Bianchi is NOT harming anybody. Or is he? Has somebody ever get OD'd in his parties? Has Bianchi himself ever committed grave crimes of any kind? Murder? Domestic violence? Illegal drug trafficking? Money laundering? The answer is most likely no to any of those, I am guessing...

by Anonymousreply 8804/24/2011

R88- listen, sockpuppet...enough.

"Harm" is a relative term. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 8904/24/2011

R88- sweetums, this is a gay gossip board. Where we gossip. One of the things we gossip about is a pathetic old troll like this. No one's claiming he's a serial killer, dearest. He's one of the wealthy one percent, flaunting his wealth by buying his way through "soul mates". Which would be one thing if he had the tiniest bit of self awareness or honesty. But he wraps all his obsession with materialism, acquisition, and objectification in this veneer of religiosity. It's sickening. He uses people then pretends that it's all some spiritual enterprise. If he had the tiniest bit of capacity to laugh at himself, that might be different. He'd still be a douche, but at least he wouldn't be a walking parody of a human being.

Taking nude pictures of steroid-addicted men doesn't make him a high priest of the sex religion. Just a creepy old troll.

by Anonymousreply 9004/24/2011

A camptastic creepy old troll at that!

by Anonymousreply 9104/24/2011

[quote]But, that's the thing; Bianchi is NOT harming anybody.

Nor for that matter is Gwyneth Paltrow, nor Star Jones, nor Ryan Seacrest, nor Camilla Parker-Bowles, nor Whitney Houston, nor Barbara Walters, nor Jennifer Aniston, nor Kanye West, nor Kevin Spacey, and ad infinitum. Yet we make fun of them incessantly, and rightly so, because this is a gossip board, and that's it's purpose.

by Anonymousreply 9204/24/2011

There has to be AT LEAST ONE person among you righteous Bianchi Haters that knows the background story behind Bianchi's wealth and his relationship with Aaron Young!!! C'mon, ya uptight nancies, spill 'em beans, if you love to gossip as much as you sound out to be!

by Anonymousreply 9304/24/2011

I would love to put Bianchi on a panel with Larry Kramer. Hilarity ensues!

by Anonymousreply 9404/24/2011

r92- thank you!

by Anonymousreply 9504/24/2011

What is on his ipod?

by Anonymousreply 9604/24/2011

Tom Bianchi might be comfortably upper middle class, but I don't think he's got lots of cash flow. I imagine he bought his Palm Springs home a couple of decades ago when he was a full-time lawyer. He openly states that he is a house guest on F.I. He never seems to travel anywhere where paid accommodations are required. There does exist a strange demographic of gay men who love this house guest crap. Get a hotel room cheapskates!

by Anonymousreply 9704/24/2011

Oh, but he's harmless!

by Anonymousreply 9804/25/2011

[quote]"He is currently working on an album and stage presentation of some poems being set to song from his book MEN I'VE LOVED."

That's got to be a 37-hour experience. What's he going to call it? [italic]The Cock-Ring Cycle{/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 9904/25/2011

by Anonymousreply 10004/25/2011

STILL waiting on the Bianchi's ex-mega-young-boytoy Aaron Young story. %0D %0D [[R97]] So, does that mean Bianchi's just an upper crust 'mo with many wealthy friends? I still think he's got a cash cow hidden somewhere... or maybe that's just the illusion? I mean, his Palm Springs house looks pretty ritzy, no? STILL waiting for the details on Bianchi's supposed or likely well-above-average wealth.

by Anonymousreply 10104/28/2011

"Love the idea of asking people to come visit me and telling them what hotel to call- I love empty rooms."%0D %0D ARE kidding, aren't you?!%0D

by Anonymousreply 10304/28/2011

charlie, how many fucking times are you going to keep saying "he's harmless"?

And why the fuck should that matter? You enjoy making fun on other threads of lots of people who are similarly "harmless." That's a pretty hypocritical stance to take.

You're a buzzkill. And for God's sake, stop posting the same damn thing over and over again--we heard you the first time.

by Anonymousreply 10404/28/2011

Imagine if he had Denise Eaker Hoover, mhb, kirker and charlie as weekend houseguests...

by Anonymousreply 10504/28/2011

I've added more and I don't give a rats ass what you think 104. And if you read my posts, I am not habitually mean or for lack of another word, stupid, such as the silly house guesting poster (and of course I am kidding R103). I call out people like you R104 who hurl expletives at others- not classy. It's my calling as an older queen you nitwit. Think of me as Tawanda in Fried Green Tomatos, a thin version. %0D %0D R105, wouldn't you like to know who some of my houseguests have been? Not Bianchi by the way.

by Anonymousreply 10604/28/2011

* whew * I thought you might have been kidding charlie..but I wasn't 100% sure.%0D %0D Like Michfest, you can't take Bianchi seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10704/28/2011

More pics, less text

by Anonymousreply 10804/28/2011

[quote]Think of me as Tawanda in Fried Green Tomatos, a thin version.

I think of more as the grandmother in the back seat of the car in "A Good Man is Hard to Find," a more annoying version.

by Anonymousreply 10904/28/2011

charlie, we BEG of you not another unsolicited long windy rose lensed narrative about your days as a ribbon clerk in Manhattan. PLEASE.

and no, I wouldn't be interested of whom your houseguests of.....yore would be. (Where hell did THAT come from?!?)

Interesting you somehow take offense to an anonymous poster suggesting you as a houseguest - w/out malice by the way - of someone you suggest as "harmless".

Back to arranging your glass menagerie, doll.

by Anonymousreply 11004/28/2011

P.S. NO ONE w/ a modicum of good breeding and social awareness uses the word... "classy".

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 11104/28/2011

What about Tom Bianchi's back? Is it more distinguished than his flanks?

by Anonymousreply 11204/28/2011

Nah nah nah-nah.

by Anonymousreply 11304/28/2011

"Your calling as an older queen" is to call people out? Since when is calling people out only a "privilege" one acquires at a certain age?

by Anonymousreply 11404/28/2011

charlie- please go away. Seriously. You are easily one of the most tiresome bores ever. You seem to think you're in a piano bar circa 1974 regaling us with your witty bon mots about how you once sold Bacall some feminine deodorant product. You're less "Fried Green Tomatoes" than "Boys in the Band' mixed with "Deliverance" and that queen who got eaten in "Suddenly, Last Summer". You seem to have met every celebrity who's ever lived, and yet you have all the wit, charm, and grace of a scabies diagnosis. We get're old. Add "tired", "silly", "boring", "repetitive", and "unbearable" and you'll be close to the mark.

by Anonymousreply 11504/30/2011

I'm tremendously jealous of some aspects of Tom's lifestyle and completely disgusted by others. Careerwise, I have worked my ass off, earned a doctorate, and still I can only dream of being able to affort to live in such relative luxury. I would love to have a fabulous retreat in PS or FI of my very own. On the other hand, I can't stand being surrounded by queens who are so shallow and youth-obsessed, like Tom and his circle. So I guess I'll just have to visit those fab places a week or two a year, and settle for that.

by Anonymousreply 11604/30/2011

AARON YOUNG, ya gossip-loving nancies! C'mon, get 'em gossip fingers on and type juice if ya got anythin'on that!!! There's gotta be a whole lotta drama from start to end in Bianchi's relationship with A.Y., I can only imagine... %0D %0D I mean, what is exactly up with these perfectly natural and gorgeous young guns chasing after poz daddies? The well-known dashing Ryan Whitacre of Berkeley College with that Barney-something-else-called geezer for another example... the Whitacre case is even more baffling because his "daddy" doesn't have the bod to compensate for age... %0D %0D Parental issues, perhaps? Their parents are too old? Too repressive? All in all, so curiously strange!

by Anonymousreply 11705/03/2011

Does anyone else get a kind of Michfest vibe off TB's writing?

by Anonymousreply 11805/03/2011

Charlie, please don't go away. I love your posts. I for one like the perspective of older folk. Ignore the hater.

by Anonymousreply 11905/03/2011

119- he's ONE guy. He doesn't singularly represent the "perspective of older folks". That's moronic. Older men are just as varied in their opinions as younger men. What charlie represents is the "know-it-all-asshole" perspective, and that's not all that lovely. The board wouldn't kiss much if he left.

(charlie- notice how I pretended that 119 wasn't you after dumping your cookies and not signing in to your I.D.?)

by Anonymousreply 12005/03/2011

Charlie, surely YOU would know a thing or two about the 2-year-or-something "unusual intergenerational" (quoted from none other than The Great Grey One himself) relationship between Aaron Young and Bianchi. Tell us everything you know about it!

by Anonymousreply 12105/04/2011

GEE-ZUS! You could get herpes flicking through that veiny old troll's books. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Gristly old carcass that he is.

by Anonymousreply 12205/04/2011

I wish there was a HIV- version of Tom Bianchi.

by Anonymousreply 12305/04/2011

Charlie, we are still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 12405/05/2011

"I wish there was a HIV- version of Tom Bianchi."

Um, why?

by Anonymousreply 12505/05/2011

Why the hell not? Anyway, when you get to Bianchi's age, the HIV- version of Bianchi-style life would be infinitely better than being stuck in some retirement home or a club for fat cats even if you are rich enough.

by Anonymousreply 12605/05/2011

How did Bianchi survive the '80s practically unscathed? Is he one of the few "chosen ones" or something?

by Anonymousreply 12705/07/2011

Charlie, we're still waiting on the Aaron Young story. Or anybody else for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 12805/07/2011

Yoo Hoo!

by Anonymousreply 12905/08/2011

How much money could he have amassed if he quit being a lawyer at the ripe old age of 34. I can't imagine that those books were flying off the shelves, except in a couple of gay bookstores.

by Anonymousreply 13005/19/2011

Yes, Bianchi is a disgusting, hideous, lecherous, old man. But as bad a he is now - just imagine what he will be like in 10 years, or even 20 years, assuming he's still with us. He will be just as lecherous, only he'll be even more frighteningly ugly. And still pining away for his latest new boyfriend, who will be 50+ years his junior. %0D %0D Horrible!

by Anonymousreply 13105/19/2011

He retired at 34? What's the story there? Inherited wealth?

by Anonymousreply 13205/25/2011

He's been living off charlie's hospitality, r132.%0D %0D "you have all the wit, charm, and grace of a scabies diagnosis" is my new favorite description of charlie's special something.

by Anonymousreply 13305/25/2011

I wonder if he's broken up with the new boyfriend yet.

by Anonymousreply 13406/23/2011

Tom Bianchi's back!

"What did I cum all over last night?"

by Anonymousreply 13506/23/2011

These photos are so 90's.

by Anonymousreply 13606/23/2011

Is "charlie" really one guy or a persona that gets assumed by any random person in DL?

by Anonymousreply 13806/23/2011

charlie is free-floating dementia that periodically becomes intense enough to emit content directly to DL's server. Like a ghost writing on a foggy window.

by Anonymousreply 13906/23/2011

Charlie, you don't know Bianchi all that well, do you? If yeah, spill the beans on the Aaron Young story already!

by Anonymousreply 14206/23/2011

Charlie, come on, this is a great chance to prove your credibility! Spill those beans!

by Anonymousreply 14306/23/2011

To the Aaron Young obsessed troll - Tom sucked his life force out of his andAaron is now a husk of a corpse, not unlike those "poor unfortunate souls" that dwell along the bottom of Ursula's cave in THE LITTLE MERMAID.%0D %0D To charlie - just stop. As has been explained multiple times, we make fun of Tom because it's easy. He sets himself up for it. If you can't get it, move on. I don't get the "footballers in love" threads and I don't click on them for that reason. It aint rocket science. And since I don't know you, I don't care what you are doing tonight. I'm pretty sure no one else cares either. You are getting into "the kirker zone". So just stop.

by Anonymousreply 14406/23/2011

Charlie is proving himself to be a bit aired of the tete...n'est pas?

by Anonymousreply 14506/23/2011

That doesn't explain anything, R144. Who initiated the breakup? And why?

by Anonymousreply 14606/23/2011

by Anonymousreply 14706/24/2011

Dear God, someone needs to iron him.

by Anonymousreply 14806/24/2011

CHARLIE, come on, spill the beans on the Aaron Young story! Why won't you answer!?!?

by Anonymousreply 14907/01/2011

R141, why don't you authenticate so that people can trash you with abandon over and over and over?

by Anonymousreply 15007/01/2011

CHARLIE! OR ANYBODY else that knows the Aaron Young story, please tell!

by Anonymousreply 15107/01/2011

by Anonymousreply 15207/02/2011

He needs a new pool boy. That underwater shot has nasty pool water.

by Anonymousreply 15307/02/2011

Tom Bianchi's current "life partner" BEN!

by Anonymousreply 15407/02/2011

profile disabled

by Anonymousreply 15507/02/2011

I remember in the early 1980's there were "coffee table" erotic books by Tom Bianchi, Bruce Weber, Bruno Gmunder, and Herb Ritts. Colt Studios also put out some more explicit stuff. They were an important part of the coming out process, in that it was one of the few places where you saw male nudes outside of a pornographic context. (Sure there were Michelangelos and other Renaissance artists, but those were "safe" and relatively tame, not erotic as such.) %0D %0D My problem with Bianchi's philosophy, and that like so many of his contemporaries in the front end of the baby boom is that men are just delectable delights to be sampled like selections in a box of Godivas. It's all about using them and then throwing them away when you're finished. I have a feeling that's what he does with his "boyfriends" and he's probably sampling three new ones before he gave the existing true romance the brush off, or since he's into computers, the "Dear John" email.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 15607/02/2011

This Bianchi guy. No idea who he is and why anyone cares. In the schema that's life, he's not relevant, so why the hate on a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 15707/02/2011

Is charlie stalking Obama or something? This is the second time he's gone to a fundraiser hosted by the prez. Funny how he accuses others of having empty lives...

by Anonymousreply 15807/02/2011

Charlie is not even real. Don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 15907/02/2011

I don't know, I think his photos are beautiful. Does that make me a bad gay? I kinda like him for what he is. An icon a man of pre-aids era, a man who has probably lost almost all his close friends and knows he is lucky to be alive.

That is what I think about Tom. Don't crucify me for it. I am 50 so right behind him. I know what he went through and why he celebrate the gay man like he does... if you had lived as a sexually active man in the late 1970s and early 80s you would get his obsessions so to speak.

He is a damaged and troubled man trying to find peace where he can. That is what I think.

by Anonymousreply 16007/02/2011

"My problem with Bianchi's philosophy, and that like so many of his contemporaries in the front end of the baby boom is that men are just delectable delights to be sampled like selections in a box of Godivas. It's all about using them and then throwing them away when you're finished."

The reason we make fun of him is not the promiscuity, it's the regular announcements that THIS soul mate, this one now in front of him, THIS is the one he has been waiting for because, as it turns out, his last soul mate was not as able to accept love as Tom had mistakenly thought.

by Anonymousreply 16107/02/2011

[quote]a man who has probably lost almost all his close friends and knows he is lucky to be alive.%0D %0D %0D You sound awfully too naive to be an "old gay of 50". The reason Bianchi survived is probably due to the fact that he is a top, not his supposed luck.

by Anonymousreply 16207/02/2011

He's Lazy

by Anonymousreply 16307/02/2011

I remember having dinner with Bianchi and his "soul mate" du jour close to 20 years ago. Tom seemed to be in his late '50s even then and he lived with the blonde boytoy in a sizable garden apartment in Park La Brea in LA.

My memory of Tom being arrogant, narcissistic and paying me no attention whatsoever (back then, I usually got plenty). He carried on and on about working for the studios before quitting.

He let my date (a very well-to-do businessman) pay for dinner. All in all, I didn't come away from the experience with a fond impression of TB.

He split with that particular lover within a couple of months and, it seems, was well on his way to become the wretched, empty cartoon he is today.

by Anonymousreply 16407/02/2011

Is Bianchi a millionaire? If yeah, how? He seems very well-off, but can't figure out where the money comes from.

by Anonymousreply 16507/02/2011

Bianchi is a living fossil of a bygone era of the gay rights movement. I can't believe that anyone under 50 would buy his crappy 'art' books.

by Anonymousreply 16607/03/2011

Yeah, but where does the money come from? And, do all his "life partners" and tricks start out as escorts?

by Anonymousreply 16707/03/2011

grey bump

by Anonymousreply 16807/03/2011

Doesn't anybody have the scoops on Aaron Young's breakup with Tom Bianchi!?!?

by Anonymousreply 16907/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 17007/04/2011

He's been taking the exact same BORING pictures (definitely not "art") for the last 15 years.

And the way he calls middle-aged men "boys", shows he's just in complete denial.

by Anonymousreply 17107/04/2011

It's entertaining - like watching a fat woman with ring-clad fingers work her way through a box of Fannie May candy. "This vanilla cream is my utmost favorite." "No, THIS, THIS caramel is my utmost favorite!" "Ooh, now this IS the best! Heaven: a chocolate covered orange rind. Yes, it's my favorite!" "Perhaps I should go down to the lower layer..."

by Anonymousreply 17207/04/2011

Happy 4th, bitches. Anyone wanna go for a swim?

by Anonymousreply 17307/04/2011

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 17407/04/2011

Honey, she is trash that will not burn.

by Anonymousreply 17507/04/2011

I bet he was really hot physically when he was 40 or so. I'm sure he was even then an insufferable self-satisfied and self-congratulatory opportunist and Body Nazi, but at least in those days he was probably quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 17607/04/2011

Aaron Young/Bianchi breakup drama/inside info please!

by Anonymousreply 17707/04/2011

I saw the documentary "Gay sex in the 70s" and Binachi was in there and said how if there was a cure for being HIV+ or if he could go back and not get HIV he would not do either because (in his own words) getting infected with HIV showed him all about what sex between men is like and what it's about.

This guy is clearly crazy and I told friends of mine who are HIV+ and even they agree, they told me how if there were a cure or something they could take that would get rid of HIV for them they'd do it and how HIV is not something you ever want to get.

by Anonymousreply 17803/14/2012

R162, "survived"? Binachi has been HIV+ for decades and as people have shown here he's a total mess.

I agree with R166 his photography isn't anything special and I've seen amateur porn pics online that are better than anything Binachi has taken.

by Anonymousreply 17903/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 18002/13/2013

Italians are crazy and suffer from innate depression. My grandparents and parents always warned me about them. They were right. Think about your own incidences with them. They're crazy and will turn on a dime. Run from them. They're crazy!

by Anonymousreply 18202/14/2013

A good friend of mine is prominently featured in one of the pictures at r173s link. So stupid to let that man take pictures of him, but he thought he was going to be famous and he was already HIV+ so he "dove in" and got it the whole treatment. It was about as bad as you can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 18302/14/2013

Did anyone's parents ever warn them about Italians? Do you think they are depressed?

by Anonymousreply 18405/12/2013

He compares himself to Richard Avedon in that link at R173. Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 18505/12/2013

his new polaroid book was covered in the NYT sunday fashion magazine today

by Anonymousreply 18605/12/2013

He looks like a California Redwood, with a hard on.

by Anonymousreply 18705/12/2013

For all you who wonder about Bianchi's wealth, his Palm Springs home ( at 220 N. Burton Way) is in an unfashionable part of town, valued (by Zillow) at about $430,000 - 3 bd. , 2 ba. Hardly a glamorous villa, at 1,475 sq. feet. He's not 'living large'.

by Anonymousreply 18805/12/2013

His pics are all the same. In pool. Next to pool. Inside sliding glasss door, outside sliding glass door. Sure the men are usually beautiful. But his creative artistry is very weak. Take some ugly , fat men, and make them look good - that would be really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18905/13/2013

Is his real last name Bianchi or is it his "stage name?"

by Anonymousreply 19005/13/2013

RE 188 - I thought he lived in Warm Sands area, on Vista Oro St . - adjacent to all the gay resorts, and cruising ?

by Anonymousreply 19105/13/2013

It's pretty tragic, all these soulmates. One of them was a guy who he met one night and the guy quit his job that day and moved to Palm Springs with Bianchi. I remember that almost immediately, Bianchi made the comment that the new guy made a comment about all the photos being taken.

About six months later, the guy was long gone and Bianchi said he'd had some issues and had died.

It was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 19205/13/2013

To paraphrase Christina, If he doesn't like you anymore, he can name you disappear

by Anonymousreply 19305/13/2013

Think many of you are jealous cause you wish you could look that good at almost 70. He's a hot grandaddy - who unfortunately would fuck his own grandson, if he had one.

by Anonymousreply 19405/14/2013

"Who is Tom Bianchi?"

by Anonymousreply 19511/30/2013

The original post in this thread is one of the weirdest things I've ever read on here. The phraseology actually pops in my head from time to time. WTF?

A more recent analog would be the "Listen up, it's time you gays all knew about Max Landis!" thread. Huh? Who ARE you people?

Why would anyone care about Tom Bianchi? What's so special about his return to Fire Island? What kind of mentally ill person is actually interested in this shit?

The endurance of this thread is perhaps most perplexing of all.

by Anonymousreply 19611/30/2013

r196, datalounge has been obsessed with mocking Tom Bianchi for decades. Threads about him always take the tone the OP took--very faux-sincere.

by Anonymousreply 19711/30/2013

"To paraphrase Christina, If he doesn't like you anymore, he can name you disappear"

I'd hate to be named "Disappear"!

by Anonymousreply 19811/30/2013

He seems fine, it actually all seems rather sweet in harmless.

by Anonymousreply 19911/30/2013

Thank you, R197. I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 20011/30/2013

Tom Bianchi is a dinosaur. In more ways than one.

by Anonymousreply 20111/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!