Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are Leo Di Caprio and Martin Scorsese Fucking?

How many movies has Leo done with Scorsese now? %0D %0D "After crying wolf before, Martin Scorsese now plans to follow through and direct The Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, with Boardwalk Empire's Terry Winter having adapted the Jordan Belfort memoir. They will announce financing and a start date in Cannes. Scorsese plans to make the film after he finishes post on Hugo Cabret and then films his dream project, Silence, an adaptation of the Shusaku Endo book that now has Bencio Del Toro attached.%0D

by Anonymousreply 6005/09/2013

It must be love. Becuase only love blindness could explain the attention lavished on an average looking man with average talent.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2011

DiCaprio wouldn't have a career past Titanic if it weren't for Scorsese's fawning.

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2011

he did date Liza! for a while now come to think of it

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2011

Castro, 1972.

by Anonymousreply 602/17/2011

Interesting photo r6. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 702/18/2011

De Niro looks so hot in that photo

by Anonymousreply 802/18/2011

Well, I always got a gay vibe from Martin Scorsese, and everyone know that DiCaprio is deep in the closet, so it may be possible. There's a lot of homoeroticism in Scorsese's tough guy gangster films, too...something that David Ehrenstein wrote at great lengths about in his book The "Scorsese Picture: The Art and Life of Martin Scorsese".

I'm really sick of the DiCaprio/Scorsese collaborations. I agree with R4 that it's because of Scorsese why DiCaprio is so successful critically post-Titanic. Unfortunately, I think it worked out for both quite well. DiCaprio secures Scorsese the type of funds he needs from the studios to make fancy Hollywood films, and working with Scorsese gives the prestige that DiCaprio worked hard to attain after Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 902/18/2011

The ironic thing is all of Scorcese's brilliance shows DiCaprio's limits.

by Anonymousreply 1002/18/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 1102/18/2011

[italic]The Aviator[/italic]%0D %0D [italic]The Departed[/italic]%0D %0D %0D What were the other three? (Please help me. I lose track and don't do movie-going much anymore.)

by Anonymousreply 1202/18/2011

[quote]What were the other three?%0D %0D I can't remember all three, but "Gangs Of New York" was one of them. That was the one that took place in the 1820s and had Cameron Diaz with flowing, bleached-blonde hair and a professionally styled red-carpet makeup job. Her appearance just took you right out of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1302/18/2011

I sense Leonardo wants to get fucked hard and rough but Scorsese is just trapped in his own mind, living in Little Italy circa 1942 looking out his window and seeing films, no sex, but that is just my humble opinion

by Anonymousreply 1402/18/2011

DiCaprio was excellent in Scorsese's underrated Shutter Island.

by Anonymousreply 1502/18/2011

This thread is so dumb. DiCaprio is a good actor and can get Scorsese the big budgets he needs.

by Anonymousreply 1602/18/2011

MARY! @R14

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2011

DARLINGSSH! Are you kidding me? Martin is one-hundred persshent redblooded heterosshexual! My GOD, he dated ME for a long time, and the whole world knowssh I only pair up with sshtraight guyssh!

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2011

I'm pretty sure Leo would have had a career after Titanic without Scorsese. I'm not sure if he's quite as dependent on him as some here seem to think.

by Anonymousreply 1902/19/2011

Inception made a boatload of money. Whether or not you like him, studios are willing to give big budgets to movies DiCaprio is involved with. Remember this is DL, where Cherry Jones clearly should have had the lead in "Doubt", Cynthia Nixon was the obvious choice for the movie version of "Rabbit Hole", and Polanski should have cast Hope Davis instead of Kate Winslet in "Gods of Carnage". If DL ran a movie studio it would be bankrupt within 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 2002/19/2011

DiCaprio was also in "Shutter Island" and "Gangs of New York", both directed by Scorsese. This will be his fifth Scorsese film.

by Anonymousreply 2102/19/2011

I think De Niro and Scorsese fucked. I read De Niro's biography and in one instance, De Niro took him off to some island to nurse him back to health and convince him to do Raging Bull. %0D %0D Then, in another instance, De Niro was at Scorsese's apartment when this bigshot came to visit and De Niro was dressed just how he was in R6's picture: bare feet, t-shirt, messy hair. The bigshot was not impressed and De Niro went back to Scorsese's bedroom, or something like that. %0D %0D I think De Niro did 4-5 films with Scorsese. I know De Niro turned down the part of Jesus...he didn't think he could live up to the part.

by Anonymousreply 2202/19/2011

ewww isn't Martin Scorsese about 70?

by Anonymousreply 2402/19/2011

by Anonymousreply 2502/19/2011

If DeNiro ever did fuck a guy, I doubt it would be a white one

by Anonymousreply 2602/19/2011

DeNiro and G%C3%A9rard D%C3%A9pardieu lay naked on a bed with a woman between them playing with their cocks in "1900".

by Anonymousreply 2702/19/2011

Met Scorses briefly once and he didn't ping to me in the slightest. But if he and Leo are doing the deed, that might explain it. Leo is at best a serviceable talent, not the powerhouse that DeNiro was in his prime. Not enough to be Marty's muse, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2011

Hot DAMN, DeNiro was once a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2011

Deniro was so damn hot in The Godfather Part 2

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2011

I doubt they are involved romantically.

by Anonymousreply 3102/21/2011

[quote]DiCaprio secures Scorsese the type of funds he needs from the studios to make fancy Hollywood films, and working with Scorsese gives the prestige that DiCaprio worked hard to attain after Titanic.

That's pretty much the reason for their collaboration. And... they do like working together.

Scorsese is not gay. And I'm not saying that just because he was married four or five times and had a seven year relationship with Illeana Douglas. I'm saying that because I worked for the man. Of course, he could be bi, but ask anyone who has worked with him and they'll tell you how he used to have affairs with women working on his movie sets (he's much more of a family man since marrying his last wife).

by Anonymousreply 3202/21/2011

And why is DiCaprio still so bankable? Don't get the appeal. The projects he's landed in did not depend on him for their success. Any number of actors could do what he did in them.

by Anonymousreply 3302/21/2011

ok shit talker. if you say leo's career is good because of martin then that means there both doing a good job and you obviously recognize that leo is cool so how are you sick of them collaborating just shut up dude aight like how can hate something successful. think bout it ur jealously is exposed

by Anonymousreply 3409/21/2011

Scorsese has never been a good director. NEVER. Just because his work is better than most of the trash Hollywood has pumped out for decades doesn't make him an artist.

by Anonymousreply 3509/21/2011

Leo is an OK actor, but not great. Certainly not at the level of someone like Bardem, Day Lewis or even Crowe. Scorcese's infatuation at this point is a little bizarre. The Aviator was mostly a mess and it's DiCaprio's fault for not having the chops to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 3609/21/2011

fuck you di caprio you are too common now .i am bored of your fucking gay movies .you fucked a guy from behind in titanic..you suck dude ..you better quit acting and start shaving martin's ass dude ..martin fucking you fucker ..you are the gaylord..

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2011

R37, I want to be your bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2011

R6, who are those two guys in your photo? The Property Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2011

I'm going out on a limb, and predict that Leo will finally win the Oscar in the upcoming Academy Awards. I've always picked the winner way before the Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2011

What movies were you working on R32? Why don't you tell us about Leo too, while you're at it? And Deniro if you can.

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2011

R40, come back from that limb. A certain Mr. Bradley Pitt will win the Oscar this year. Take that to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 4211/29/2011

If Martin Scorsese ever fucks me, and I find out about it - there will be hell to pay!

by Anonymousreply 4311/29/2011

Marry me, r43.

by Anonymousreply 4411/29/2011

R27 that sounds hot!

by Anonymousreply 4512/22/2012

Is it Splitsville for Marty and Leo?

Scorsese has cast Andrew Garfield as the lead in his next film, Silence.

by Anonymousreply 4605/09/2013

DiCaprio is probably very reliable on set. He might ultimately deliver pretty much the same performance all the time--give or take some make up and the odd attempt at a regional accent--but Scorsese might value a professional work ethic and reliability over unpredictable or troublesome brilliance at this point in his career.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2013

Damn R46 beat me to it! In any case, Andrew Garfield is a step up from fug DiC. Much cuter.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2013

Agree r48 - much cuter and is Andrew a Brit too?

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2013

Andrew is half-Brit half-American. Leaning more towards the European in my opinion, but knows how and when to use his American-ness (more money)

I liked his career better when he was still here in Europe. Still find him very very cute and a very good choice to play Peter Parker, although I didn't end up going to see the movie (maybe the showmance was a reason why not, I felt sorry for him)

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2013

Why does Andrew Garfield keep getting cast to play these swarthy characters? He played a Brazilian in The Social Network and he's supposed to be a Portuguese missionary in Silence.

Gael Garcia Bernal was originally cast in the film years ago, but financing fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 5105/09/2013

Do you think if Leonardo DiCaprio replaced himself with a near lookalike people would just accept that he developed a bowling ball head and got fat suddenly instead of considering he couldn't deal with the overwhelming fame that came after Titanic and went into hiding?

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2013

How did Leo's head go from being skinny around the cheeks and jawline to a bowling ball? And why does he look so bloated now?

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2013

R53 booze and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2013

DiCaprio is a genuine movie star with genuine movie star looks.

From todays NYTimes...the A.O. Scott review of "The Great Gatsby". :

"To those of us watching in our modest multiplex seats, he is a movie star. In previous incarnations he was Robert Redford, Alan Ladd and Warner Baxter, and now Leonardo DiCaprio has slipped into the ice cream suit and the curious diction. ...(...)... More important, it is impossible to look away from him. His charisma has increased as his youthful prettiness has worn and thickened away, and he is beautiful, sad, confident and desperate in exactly the way Gatsby should be."

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2013

[quote]DiCaprio is a genuine movie star with genuine movie star looks.

Honey, those movie star looks have been gone for the last 5 years. He's turning into Jack Nicholson, and that's not a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2013

No OP. No.

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2013

r53, because it isn't the original Leonardo DiCaprio, it's a sort of doppelganger who has been playing the role of LD since Titanic. It's a completely different guy who can't act and has a weight problem and a bowling ball head.

by Anonymousreply 5805/09/2013

R35 you are talking out your ass!

by Anonymousreply 5905/09/2013

R35 is truly deranged.

Goodfellas is the greatest American film of the last 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 6005/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.