Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Going to the zoo in the rain

Is it any fun?

by Anonymousreply 4306/15/2013

But I wonder do the animals stay out or do the zookeepers bring them in?

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2011

If you go with some vegan who will continuously moan about how sad it is to see the animals in cages, the day will be complete.

by Anonymousreply 302/16/2011

Not as fun as masturbating for the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 402/16/2011

I have and it was still fun.

by Anonymousreply 502/16/2011

No idea.

by Anonymousreply 602/16/2011

Not going with a vegan, or a vegetarian.

I wonder do the animals stay out or do the zookeepers bring them in when it rains?

Does anyone know this?

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2011

But if they are all under shelter, I won't be able to see them as good as if they were closer to the fences. But maybe they are used to the rain and it won't matter. ?

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2011

What zoo are you planning to go to?

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2011

OP, animals and humans just don't sit in the rain.%0D %0D Why can't you wait?

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2011

San Diego Zoo

by Anonymousreply 1202/16/2011

I love monkeys with huge penises who pee and/or masturbate in front of everyone. It's so hilarious hearing the shocked Moms steer their young away from the exhibit.

by Anonymousreply 1302/16/2011

R11, what do you mean? If they don't just sit in the rain what do they do?

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2011

stop OP. you are driving me crazy on purpose.%0D %0D I will not respond.%0D %0D LOL LOL

by Anonymousreply 1502/16/2011

I'm serious R15, it's not like they have a lot of room to roam around. Do they? So what do they do? They sit or stand or walk back and forth? I haven't been to that zoo for over 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 1602/16/2011

R13, that's gross

by Anonymousreply 1702/16/2011

I don't know why you want to be out if it's raining hard, but if the rain is intermittent it should be fine. The animals are more active in cooler weather, so they're out and about more. On a hot, summer day many of the animals, like the big cats, are sacked out back in a shady spot and you're lucky to see them at all.

Go enjoy the zoo. The San Diego Zoo is one of the best in the world. You'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 1802/16/2011

Thanks Tarquin.

I wonder, should we spend the extra money and get a "Backstage Pass"?

"Enjoy access to some amazing encounters with our animal ambassadors and their trainers. You%E2%80%99ll be invited to touch, help train, and experience many up-close opportunities with some unbelievable critters. We%E2%80%99ll let you in on some insider%E2%80%99s stories about our staff and animal residents, as well as some of the wonderful conservation efforts the San Diego Zoo is involved in.

Your memorable encounter will begin as one of the Zoo%E2%80%99s professional photographers takes a photograph of your family/group posing with one of our animal stars. This memory-making photograph is yours free! Other encounters include a close-up meeting and photo with a cheetah, a visit to our rhino exhibit that includes the opportunity to touch, feed, and brush our gentle giants, and eye-to-eye contact with more of our exotic wildlife friends. We%E2%80%99ll even teach you how to talk to our animals so that they talk back!"

by Anonymousreply 1902/16/2011

op, STOP suckering me into a chat. %0D %0D Yes, they have more room now, most zoos do. %0D %0D Please be sure and make a donation to the zoo.

by Anonymousreply 2002/16/2011

The "Backstage Pass" thing sounds great. Take pictures and give us a link.

Also, rain tends to keep the crowds away at Disneyland, so this week should be a good time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth (TM) for the very short lines. They cancel the parades and outdoor shows even if the rain is light and intermittent, but there's always plenty to see and do there, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2102/16/2011

ok, OP, it's me again. Do the picture.%0D I did at a county fair.. with a baby chimp.%0D I only got to hold it for a few secs.. his/her stomach is wild. Pure muscle. I held him/her up and they took a pic.. for a donation. Worth every penny. Hair is very course and the baby was sweet with rock hard muscles, not fleshy like human babies.

by Anonymousreply 2202/16/2011

When one of my nephews was young I took him to the zoo and we visited the monkey house. One of the female baboons was in heat and her backside was blown up, swollen and bright red. He noticed it, but thankfully didn't really ask me about it.

by Anonymousreply 2302/17/2011

Cool, maybe we will do the tour, They have an overnight thing too that sounds fun.

Tarquin (R21) we don't want to go to Disneyland, but we will share photos if we go to the zoo. The zoo may be less crowded as well.

R22, can you please scan the photo of you holding the chimp up? How much was the donation?

R23, he probably still remembers that. How old was he?

by Anonymousreply 2402/17/2011

I visited the Wildlife Animal Park just outside San Diego during an El Nino cloudburst. We were on the trams that take you around and the heavens opened. It was awful. Up till then the animals were great but it rained so hard the air looked white. As we finally made it to the end, going as fast as the driver felt safe, we saw the poor apes and they had stuff held up over their heads. They did not look happy. By the time we made it back to the car we were soaked to the skin. I think if the rain is light or intermitent it might be OK. And yes to the pics. I have pics with cheetahs, lions, camels and elephants all paid for. You could ride the camel and the elephant for more and I did. I'll never make it to Africa so I have to do the best I can.

by Anonymousreply 2502/17/2011

[quote]The "Backstage Pass" thing sounds great. Take pictures and give us a link.

Of the animals, right? No way I am posting pics of myself and my partner. You bitches will surely find something to criticize.

by Anonymousreply 2602/17/2011

My nephew was probably 5 or 6. That was over a decade ago, so I doubt he remembers it. Maybe it will come out in therapy someday.

by Anonymousreply 2702/17/2011

Thanks R25, That sounded fun, but the poor apes. I'm so jealous that you got to ride an elephant. Maybe we should go to the Wild Animal Park instead of the zoo.

Can you post the photos you have with the animals? I'd love to see them. I am still waiting for R22 to scan in his photo with the chimp.

R27, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2802/17/2011

Heh, when I was there, they were giving routine physicals (with narration) to the elephants. Part of the physical was the vet sticking their arm up the elephant's vagina up to his elbow- all the little kids watching yelled a simultaneous, "EWWWWWWWW!!", while the adults were perfectly still, hoping that the kids wouldn't ask them about it.

If it's light or intermittent rain, you'll be fine, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2902/17/2011

OP, are you lying: it never rains in San Diego. Not for an entire day anyway. Quit trolling, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3002/17/2011

R30, Don't be a dick. See the San Diego weather forecast at link.

R29, I don't want to see something like that.

by Anonymousreply 3102/17/2011

I'm supposed to be going to business college, but I just limp around the zoo til it's time to go home.

by Anonymousreply 3202/17/2011

You're faced, OP. The weather forecast you linked does not indicate heavy or steady rain. The most rain it predicts is "at times" on Saturday. So quit lying and trolling.

by Anonymousreply 3302/17/2011

R33, when did I ever say in any of my posts that there would be "heavy or steady" rain? When did I ever say it was going to "rain all day"? I am unfamiliar with the weather there, and have no idea what kind of rain it will be.

What exactly are you accusing me of lying about? Look at my original post - I only asked if the zoo would still be fun in the rain. I never said "It's going to be pelting rain ALL DAY LONG in San Diego Saturday, they are predicting a huge storm, with heavy, heavy showers that won't let up!"

Your reading comprehension skills have a lot to be desired. Unclutch and stop accusing people of lying and trolling when they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 3402/17/2011

To OP I would love to post my pics but I am a Luddite and don't know how. I will try to get someone to do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 3502/18/2011

OP has a zoo fetish. He's getting off on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3602/18/2011

only on a Sunday and if it's got chimpanzees.

by Anonymousreply 3702/18/2011

I hear it's all happening at the zoo.

by Anonymousreply 3802/18/2011

R35, that would be great, I'd love it.

R36, WTF? I don't have a zoo fetish. You're twisted.

by Anonymousreply 3902/18/2011

OP types like someone with Asperger's symdrome.

by Anonymousreply 4002/18/2011

R30/R33 types like someone with asshole syndrome. Or, takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 4102/18/2011

OP, so how was the zoo?

by Anonymousreply 4202/20/2011

I guess going to zoo in the rain is one of the best experience.That we enjoyed delightful rain and greenery together.

by Anonymousreply 4306/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.