Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone else hate Darren Criss?

The cocky chipmunked-cheeked thing annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 37511/21/2013

just you.

by Anonymousreply 102/16/2011

I love him.

by Anonymousreply 202/16/2011

I don't hate him, but he's an awful actor. He gets worse with every new episode of Glee. Stick with singing.

by Anonymousreply 402/23/2011

I'm kind of there with you, Gwynnie. Then again, I don't much care for you, either.

by Anonymousreply 502/23/2011

It is youth you hate; not any particular person.

by Anonymousreply 602/23/2011

I still kind of love the character, but don't have an opinion on the actor. I really have not looked at him outside an episode.

by Anonymousreply 702/23/2011

i love him and can not get enough of him

by Anonymousreply 802/23/2011

He sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick.

by Anonymousreply 902/23/2011

No, OP. Clearly it's you the one that has some bizarre issue.%0D

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2011

He can sure sing - perfect pop voice.

by Anonymousreply 1202/23/2011

After my grass is greener moment with Darren who has turned out to be a horrible actor and limited performer, I am now firmly back with the sweet, beautiful and talented Chord Overstreet. Life lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 1302/23/2011

I think he's a charming guy and fun to watch during his performances, but they shouldn't give him dramatic material.

by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2011

Darren is cute and seems like a good guy.

Blaine is beginning to wear thin.

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2011

his pussy is RIPE

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2011

He's adorable!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1702/23/2011

He's a doll!

by Anonymousreply 1802/23/2011

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1902/23/2011

[quote]He sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick%0D %0D You're full of sh*t

by Anonymousreply 2002/23/2011

The most handsome and talented guy on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 2102/23/2011

He is such a cutie, despite his microscopic nipples. I hope he's working on those acting skills though.

by Anonymousreply 2202/23/2011

Most handsome and talented guy on Glee? LOLOLOL.

by Anonymousreply 2402/23/2011

R25 Jealous of WHAT? I never understand why people throw that out just because someone doesn't agree with their opinion. DC has nothing for me to be jealous of, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 2602/23/2011

I agree that he is very one-note, but he has potential!

by Anonymousreply 2702/23/2011

He's sweetness and light!

by Anonymousreply 2802/23/2011

I would become a non-gluten vegan for a year to have a go with him.

by Anonymousreply 2902/24/2011

Positive uplifting fans beat cranky old hateful cunt 30-1.

by Anonymousreply 3002/24/2011

The gays hate EVERYBODY. Next!!!

by Anonymousreply 3102/24/2011

The character has never really lived up to the seismic jolt of his first appearance on the show. "Teenage Dream" had the same effect on the collective psyche as Ricky Martin's "La Vida Loca" Grammy appearance. Both were impossible to top.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2011

I hate darren criss too, he thinks he's awsome, but he's nothing but a piece of shit. and his face to the cameras annoys me. so... I DO HATE DARREN CRISS VEEERY MUCHHH

by Anonymousreply 3302/28/2011

R32 nailed it. Love Darren, hate the writing for him. I don't blame him for eating up the spotlight. This may be his best shot for stardom.

by Anonymousreply 3402/28/2011

he's fug.

by Anonymousreply 3502/28/2011

Look at the latest You Tube video with Charlene Kayne. Awful, awful, awful. And he looks like he hasn't washed in a year. Idiotic hair and glasses make him look like a homeless jerk.

by Anonymousreply 3603/05/2011

Chord Overstreet is someone's name?! Is it real, or a stage name?

by Anonymousreply 3703/05/2011

I don't hate him, but I don't think he's as cute as a lot of people here.

by Anonymousreply 3803/05/2011

Fortunately, the ankle-biting hatred form a few housebound old queens like you won't deter his incipient fame.

As a fan of his pre-Glee, he's taking it all quite carefully, and enjoying it.

He's very talented, cute as a button, and you're not.

by Anonymousreply 3903/05/2011

Chord Overstreet is his real name: "My real name is Chord Overstreet. I actually got my name because my dad is in the music business as a songwriter. I was the third one in my family born, and there are three notes in a chord, so that's how they came up with my name." Strange name but a cute kid - not like Darren Criss who is beginning to wear thin. Poor Chris Colfer who has been marginalized by Darren Criss this season of Glee.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4003/05/2011

[quote]...sings every song the same way, same moves. One trick trick.

Isn't that the entirety of Glee in a nutshell?

by Anonymousreply 4103/05/2011

R40 Chris Colfer won a Golden Globe this year. I hardly think he feels marginalized.

by Anonymousreply 4203/06/2011

Exactly, R42. The one who should feel marginalized is Cory Monteith. The lead actor, you know.

by Anonymousreply 4303/06/2011

Darren is on the cover of Out. How can you hate him? What other young up and coming actor has done something like that?

Jesus, some of you basement dwellers will never be happy.

by Anonymousreply 4403/06/2011

What? There are nothing BUT straight guys on the cover of Out.

by Anonymousreply 4503/06/2011

I love the guy. He's sexy and talented.

Which is why, of course, some DLers hate him.

by Anonymousreply 4603/06/2011

Right R45.

Which makes him cool, straight, gay-friendly and happy with himself.

And that of course makes everyone on this board despise him.

by Anonymousreply 4703/06/2011

I love him.

I want him inside me, deeply and pounding.

by Anonymousreply 4803/06/2011

Caught Darren on Regis and Kelly. He wasn't much taller than Regis and that was when wearing shoes with a heel.

Interview wasn't very interesting. They basically just told the story of how he got on Glee (he cut his hair and auditioned for the third time).

There was a bit of an awkward moment when he was talking about StarKid and like "you might have heard of it" and no one clapped or anything.

Oh and Regis kept calling him Blaine.

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2011

I love Darren but he is all over the talk shows and tells the same story over and over. And he drives me crazy with the way he constantly talks with his hands - it seems very effeminate - although there is nothing wrong with that. He also keeps telling the same story about "coming out of the closet as straight." I think he is over doing that - who cares? I too think that Chris Colfer has been "marginalized." He won a Golden Globe for LAST season; but this season has been all about "Blaine." With Colfer at Dalton, he also isn't getting much air time. Darren is dominating all the blogs and has dominated the iTunes charts. And I must admit that I have bought all of them.

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2011

Saying you "hate" Darren Criss is like saying you hate bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 5103/07/2011

R50 I believe the Golden Globe was partly for this season, though. This season and part of last season.

And Chris has had WAY more screen time this season than he did last season. I don't think people can complain about that. Darren may be singing more than him, but Chris has never really sung much on the show (and, again, he has sung more this season than last season, and he has two important songs in next week's episode, March 15), and the heart of the storyline is still his character.

I think most people are getting tired of Blaine, to be honest, and it's all the writers' fault. That and he sounds the same on every pointless song his character sings.

I do wish Darren would stop making jokes about "coming out straight." I find that whole story annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5203/07/2011

[quote]Chris has never really sung much on the show (and, again, he has sung more this season than last season, and he has two important songs in next week's episode, March 15)

Chris is singing in two of seven songs in that episode, but Darren is on three or four of them. He's probably battling Lea Michele for most solos this season and he's still a guest star (despite reports that say otherwise) so it's getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5303/08/2011

You only hate him OP because your cock will never be in his hole. Not gay, he only plays one on tv.

by Anonymousreply 5403/08/2011

[quote]Not gay, he only plays one on tv.

by Anonymousreply 5503/08/2011

R53 I agree it's ridiculous, but I'm just saying his presence is not marginalizing CHRIS, because Chris is singing more this season than he ever has.

I think he is taking away something from other characters, though. He especially didn't need to sing two songs in the Valentine's Day episode (although I do think SLS should have gone to Chris in particular).

And, yes, since he appeared on the show, DC has sung more than everyone in that span of episodes besides Lea. Glee needs to work on balance, because I no longer get excited for his songs, especially because they don't have any meaning to the plot.

by Anonymousreply 5603/08/2011

People are waiting for Darren to kiss Cris, not Cris kissing Darren. Darren is dominating the PR for the whole show. I wonder when the other cast members start getting annoyed/jealous (e.g. Overstreet). R52 is right - the writers are milking this plot for all its worth and we are buying it. And BTW, what was Darren's Bill's song all about in the episode after the Super Bowl? I loved it but it had noting to do with the story line. Darren is an amazing, intelligent talent - but he is beginning to get a bit tiring. It is time to move on. And no more photoshopped Out covers with fake abs - PLEASE! I like you just the way you are.

by Anonymousreply 5703/08/2011

Has Darren hit his peak already? Say it aint so!

by Anonymousreply 5803/08/2011

Kurt is the worst stereotype they could have found.

by Anonymousreply 5903/08/2011

Darren's Mom is Filipino, Dad is Irish heritage.

by Anonymousreply 6003/08/2011

I felt the love from Colfer's character last night but not so much from Blaine. For me, Darren's acting seemed a little awkward. I guess most people liked the singing of Animal, but it didn't do anything for me. (What was with all the foam?) My feeling is that is wasn't up to par with Darren's other performances. Oh well, I'm sure others will disagree. Anyway, as R58 says: Has Darren hit his peak already?

by Anonymousreply 6103/09/2011

He's a cute kid-but I can't watch him sing or act...with the mute button on, sure...and I like the sound of his singing voice, but he's WAY over-the-top during performances.

by Anonymousreply 6203/09/2011

He is cute, but a bit one-note.

And I bet the rest of the cast are pissed off with the attention and air time he is getting.

by Anonymousreply 6303/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 6403/09/2011

I feel kinda bad ab out saying this but -%0D %0D LOL R64.

by Anonymousreply 6503/09/2011

[quote]The character has never really lived up to the seismic jolt of his first appearance on the show. "Teenage Dream" had the same effect on the collective psyche as Ricky Martin's "La Vida Loca" Grammy appearance. Both were impossible to top.

An impeccably apt description of his current popular decline and how he's definitely wearing thin on the show as a character.

R32 states it perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 6603/09/2011

[quote]And he drives me crazy with the way he constantly talks with his hands - it seems very effeminate - although there is nothing wrong with that.

Thanks, Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 6703/09/2011

No. I think he's adorable and a very good singer. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 6803/09/2011

While I appreciated his character being one of those "concerned" people in the "sex" episode, and the garage scene was sweet and touching, if not a bit too After-School Special, I would have much preferred if 'Kurt' had allowed 'Blaine' to have the sex talk discussion, in graphic slurp, poke and spewing detail!

Off to write some slash fiction! hehe.

by Anonymousreply 6903/09/2011

When he sings, especially while playing the piano, he reminds me of Ray Charles' mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 7003/09/2011

When he sings, especially while playing the piano, he reminds me of Helen Keller at the well.

by Anonymousreply 7103/09/2011

I bet R71 was actually there.

by Anonymousreply 7203/09/2011

He's cute, but not all that. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but something has always bothered me about his singing. It's like he's straining to hit the notes. He's given a lot of songs his voice can't handle.

by Anonymousreply 7303/09/2011

Finally someone who doesn't like him! I think he's fugly.. I never thought he was hot at all. His face is meh/ugly and he just does nothing for me, never has. I seriously do not get the attraction, why is he so hot? please do tell, because I for sure don't get it..

by Anonymousreply 7403/09/2011

I don't really get it either R74. But I don't think it is about him. It is simply about the gay tease perpetrated by Murphy and the Glee writers. Fortunately for Darren he has other projects going for him - because once the public gets tired of the tease or the %E2%80%9Ckiss%E2%80%9D is culminated, they will move on to someone/something else. For example, Chord Overstreet was the new hot kid on the block until Criss arrived. Now he is relegated to the woodwork and doesn%E2%80%99t get much PR.

by Anonymousreply 7503/09/2011

61, 70, 72, 75, all the same queen; obsessive much?

by Anonymousreply 7603/09/2011

r76, that queen has told us he is working through his obsession with Darren. Let him be!

by Anonymousreply 7703/09/2011

The backlash against Blaine is already starting. Fans who were unhappy with him last week and furious after his scenes with Kurt in this week's episode. Even the AfterElton comments are full of people saying they are over Blaine and hoping for Kurt to get a new boyfriend.

Meanwhile various members of the press are starting to speculate that Sam could be gay after all.

By the end of the season, Ryan Murphy will be doing interviews and making it clear that his original plan for Kurt's boyfriend never changed.

by Anonymousreply 7803/10/2011

Meanwhile, Darren will continue on with career, while Glee cast members lipsynch autotuned hits in arenas full of screaming tweens.

by Anonymousreply 7903/10/2011

I think he's okay, if somewhat over-hyped at the moment. Seems like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 8003/10/2011

I think it amusing that a supposedly adult male would go on a forum to announce his "hatred" for a young actor.

You have issues, OP. The kind that usually involve a restraining order.

by Anonymousreply 8103/10/2011

Next week's Kurt/Blaine duet is awful. It's a bad song and their voices sound terrible together.

The two Warblers songs that Blaine leads are okay, nothing special.

Kurt's solo is very good.

by Anonymousreply 8203/11/2011

I love the Blaine/Kurt hating.. I can't stand Blaine. And I'm sorry, but Darren Kriss is fugly. Bushy eyebrows, messy hair, just a very ugly face.. no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8303/11/2011

I've seen pictures of Criss looking less preppy and overly groomed, and think he's much more attractive that way. He looks so prissy and supercilious on the show it really ends up making him seem less sympathetic than I think is intended.%0D %0D I thought this most recent episode was a real dud.

by Anonymousreply 8403/11/2011

I don't "hate" him, but I'm definitely over him. If they keep forcing him on me, I will learn to hate him. In just a very short time I think he is over-exposed. And I also think his character is one dimensional. He'd fit in well in one of those Peter Lawford rom/com musicals from the 40's.

by Anonymousreply 8503/11/2011

I love Darren/Blaine, and I love Glee, but they do tend to over-do whatever seems to be selling. They push and push until whatever they are pushing is so over-the-top it has become laughable. They have done this with Sue and they are doing it with Blaine.

I also think Darren is cuter when he is a bit scruffy.

by Anonymousreply 8603/11/2011

Why does Blaine sing lead on every damn song the Warblers perform? It's annoying and overload. And while I drool at the possibility of Chord Overstreet's character being gay, the thought of someone who looks like him dating Kurt is even more ludicrous than Blaine dating Kurt. It would have to be preceded by the disclaimer. Ripley's Believe It or Not!"

by Anonymousreply 8703/11/2011

I don't hate the actor by any stretch, but I agree with those who say he's just got one trick.%0D %0D Teenage Dream was awesome, but they've bascially just had him do lesser versions of that set-up over and over again. It's getting boring.%0D %0D One thing I do love about the show is that they're not afraid to make Kurt kind of a pill. He reminds me a of a lot of gay kids I knew growing up (not me, though, I was awesome).

by Anonymousreply 8803/11/2011

"Darren Kriss is fugly. Bushy eyebrows, messy hair, just a very ugly face"

Post your picture, cunt. We're sure you're Ford Model material.

by Anonymousreply 8903/11/2011

Darren Criss' 15 minutes of fame in OVAH!! Sing that troll boy.

by Anonymousreply 9003/11/2011

R89.. I'm not pretty, I'll admit that, but I never claimed I was, and I'm not in the spotlight either, like Darren. Actors are in a profession basically based on how they look, I think it's a bit different. Besides, Darren Criss thinks he's soo hot. He's very cocky and full of himself when he really has no reason to be. Most fangirls just go gaga over him because he and Kurt are cute together, and they are blind because they are Gleeks. These are the same people who say that Glee is well written, well acted and not autotuned! LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 9103/11/2011

Oh, the haters have descended on poor Darren! What will he do?

Im not mad at him at all. He is an okay singer, certainly good enough for this show. GLEE has hit it's peak darlings, and Darren is lucky enough to have been a part of that. Soon he will fade into obscurity doing theatre until he finds his next break. And he is getting more dick than he knows what to with.

by Anonymousreply 9203/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 9303/11/2011

R92, is that picture supposed to do him any favors? because it's not.. He is butt ugly in that picture like he is in all other pictures too. I don't find him hot at all. He is not the least bit attractive, he never was.

That nose reminds me of Rob Pattinson's nose, and that is not a compliment.. his face is not pretty, I'm sorry, but it's not.

by Anonymousreply 9403/11/2011

"I'm not pretty, I'll admit that, but I never claimed I was,"

No, but admit that you're also ugly on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 9503/11/2011

Just listened to next weeks preview of of Chris and Darren's song. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 9603/11/2011

And you wonder why actors are hesitant to play gay roles.

Jesus fuckin' christ, you pathetic Marys!

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2011

R97 Why, because there might be people who don't like them just like there are people who dislike any other actor? DC doesn't get to be loved just because he's playing a gay role.

by Anonymousreply 9803/12/2011

R97 is Data Lounge's own Karofsky. Just a BULLY. He wastes time reading 96 posting on a topic in which he has absolutely no interest and then calls those of us who are having fun "pathetic Marys." And he has to preface this with profanity. What a self-hating, name-calling loser.

by Anonymousreply 9903/12/2011

99 (and your brain having all the depth of a luft balloon), your "self-hating" meme is more of your inane deranged projection.

Post after post of ankle-biting vicious attacks on an innocuous little cute actor-singer.

What does that say about you?

I love myself as an out proud gay man, unlike you.

I adore Darren Criss (obviously; you can trace me with your obsessive idiocy via Trolldar), and knew of his music before 'Glee.'

This relentless catty bitchery, while perfectly in-theme with DataLounge, is tiresome and stupid.

We crow and whine about the dearth of supportive gay roles on TV.

And when the most popular one reaches a pop culture zeitgeist moment, on an admittedly erratic TV show, which nevertheless repeatedly addresses homophobia head-on, who are the actor's most bitter detractors?

You are a sad, empty vat of unsatisfied torpor.

Thank goodness I probably won't ever have to meet you in person.

by Anonymousreply 10003/12/2011

R100 You think BLAINE is the most popular gay character on TV? Yeah. I stopped reading after that.

by Anonymousreply 10103/12/2011

You obviously don't read popular magazines, either, doof:

Would the rephrasing "one of the most popular.." satisfy your snippy minutia-sniping idiocy? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 10203/12/2011

R102 ONE of the most popular is fine. Saying he is the most popular is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted at Data Lounge, especially because his character gets more and more backlash after every episode. Not to mention how Blaine doesn't have much of a presence outside of people who watch Glee, unlike other gay characters on mainstream shows.

by Anonymousreply 10303/12/2011

"one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted at Data Lounge"

So, you're new here.

by Anonymousreply 10403/12/2011

R104 No. I just recognize an unreasonable stan when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 10503/12/2011

And yet you don't see a string of irrational hatred directed at a complete stranger to be "unreasonable."

by Anonymousreply 10603/12/2011

R100 tells us he loves himself. That's good. Probably no none else does. He is too intellectually superior to all of us, impressed with his own vocabulary, and one of those annoying creeps we all know from high school. BTW, what is DC's money-making career after Glee, since you are such a knowledgeable fan?

by Anonymousreply 10703/12/2011

R106 People love and hate celebrities all the time. Yeah, I'm sure there is NO ONE you can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 10803/12/2011

107, It's obvious that you have the skill to extend your inane vitriol toward other complete strangers about which you know nothing.

That's a skill that's... oh, wait, useless.

I'm sorry standard English is so befuddling to you.

As to Darren Criss' previous and upcoming work, Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 10903/12/2011

R107 Jerks get the last word. You get the last word. Have a lovely day.

by Anonymousreply 11003/12/2011

How tall is he? He looks about 5'4". Then again, Tom Cruise is a pocket gay and he has a great career going, so what do I know...

by Anonymousreply 11103/13/2011

Darren Criss isn't one of us. He's gone out of his way to let everyone know he is straight and just acting a gay character. The real hero for the community is Chris Colfer. He's the real deal in all ways. In my opinion, very deserving of his Golden Globe award!

by Anonymousreply 11203/13/2011

R112 Chris Colfer is adorable and very talented. I look forward to his movie that he *wrote* and is going to star in this summer.

by Anonymousreply 11303/13/2011

by Anonymousreply 11403/13/2011

I dont hate him , but I hate the way that Kurt has been moved to the background

by Anonymousreply 11503/13/2011

I'd lick his shitter.

by Anonymousreply 11603/13/2011

I wonder what will happen to Darren's @FreePavarotti twitter account after this week's episode? His relationship with Luke Edgemon is more interesting than anything Blaine does on Glee...

by Anonymousreply 11703/14/2011

R117 What is the relationship with Luke Edgemon about? Who is he and what is the connection to Criss? Have I missed something?

by Anonymousreply 11803/14/2011

It is just a fan theory that Darren Criss has anything to do with the FreePav twitter account. People want to believe it is him.

by Anonymousreply 11903/14/2011

It's allegedly an account by some cast members, but it's namesake is the bird-mascot on the show.

Seems very Prancing Pony-ish.

by Anonymousreply 12003/14/2011

After Darren Criss got popular from Glee, he said he felt like he couldn't use his twitter now that he was in the public eye. A day or two later the FreePavarotti account appeared and Darren stopped using his twitter.

It's definitely one of the Warblers although only a few of them know who is behind it. Fans assume it is Darren due to the references to things Darren likes and the fact that some of Darren's non-Glee friends follow it and/or are followed by the account.

R118 Luke Edgemon is one of the Warblers. He is only interesting if Darren is the one behind the account, since the Luke and "Pavarotti" are in some sort of relationship.

by Anonymousreply 12103/14/2011

R121 He sounds a bit "divaish." Chris Colfer and Chord Overstreet still use their original Twitter names. While postings are not that frequent, they sometimes are very funny. An earlier post suggested that DC was a bit "full of himself." I wonder if anyone knows that to be the case?

by Anonymousreply 12203/14/2011

He's very non-diva-ish on his own YouTube and web site and Facebooks posts.

Stop the hate, people! He's a sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 12303/14/2011

Now would be a good time to look at @FreePavarotti and @LukeEdgemon on twitter to get an idea of the kind of things they tweet to each other.

by Anonymousreply 12403/15/2011

R124 I really don't care about those Twitter accounts. It's just fan service, whatever they are.

by Anonymousreply 12503/15/2011

I agree - he does the same moves, his voice is THIN and raspy - and just average looking (relative to the other warblers/glee actors) why are they spending soooo much time on this character and/or voice? there are so many others on the show I would rather hear sing (or famous guest singers that could appear).

by Anonymousreply 12603/17/2011

by Anonymousreply 12703/17/2011

Darren still posts on Twitter on his own name -- he posted three times today -- but he doesn't do it very often.

by Anonymousreply 12803/17/2011

Darren was at Luke Edgemon's show tonight. Their bromance lives on.

by Anonymousreply 12903/18/2011

Darren Criss was not @FreePavarotti. The Warblers have said it was some guy from Boston, not even one of the extras.

by Anonymousreply 13003/23/2011

how dare you%0D he is an amazing, normal guy, that cares about the work he does.%0D what did he ever do to you?%0D the world is worse because of people like you%0D

by Anonymousreply 13104/05/2011

Hating Darren Criss is like hating puppies or kitten. My hating is reserved for low lives who rape puppies, kitten or the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 13204/05/2011

r133...did you take your meds sweet peach

by Anonymousreply 13404/18/2011

no im not on meds

by Anonymousreply 13504/18/2011

I would pay good cash money to see a Chord Overstreet/Darren Criss flip-flop fuck session.

by Anonymousreply 13604/18/2011

There are so many Oh, Dear moments in R133's post that I don't know where to begin. So I won't. I couldn't even read it, tbh. You didn't tell me anything, hon.

by Anonymousreply 13804/18/2011

[quote]There are so many Oh, Dear moments in [R133]'s post that I don't know where to begin.

Here, allow me...

[quote]He losing who he was as he becomes who he is now. so no i don't hate him but i almost feel sorry for him. say what you will about this but its what i think and when and if it happens I TOLD YOU SO.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13904/18/2011

That Starkid stuff is cute but it's amateur hour. There's no way in a million years Darren Criss is going to go back to his college theatre troupe after being on a network TV series and everything else that's happened to him in the past six months.

by Anonymousreply 14004/19/2011

Darren Criss has a sweet pussy. Like coconut pie.

by Anonymousreply 14104/19/2011

"I just recognize an unreasonable stan when I see one."

Kowalsk? Roper? the tank engine?

by Anonymousreply 14204/19/2011

Sounds like r133 knows Darren personally. If he wasn't so drunk she could tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 14304/19/2011

i believe the reason why u posted this ridiculous question 'anonymous' is because you realized that if you put your name down, people would hunt you down for even questioning him. Do everyone a favor and get off his jock.

by Anonymousreply 14404/19/2011

I don't hate him at all, I guess it's just that Blaine starts to innoy me a little.%0D I know Darren can do better then on glee, like in A very potter musical/sequel...%0D %0D But overall I just love Darren%E2%99%A5

by Anonymousreply 14506/01/2011

Have you ever seen him act in anything besides Glee? He's a pretty talented kid. And, by saying 'hate' you just make your self look extremely ignorant. So, you don't like him. Fine. I actually understand. But you have no reason to hate him. He's not a hateful person at all, so this just makes you seem like a petty person.

by Anonymousreply 14606/02/2011

[R133] Starkid has just released Starship. And guess who wrote all the music and lyrics? Darren. So, give him the benefit of the doubt. Don't get ahead of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 14706/02/2011

I don't u stupid idiot! Why would you hate Darren Criss? He is very nice and sweet? Your just jealous...

by Anonymousreply 14806/05/2011

Why is he so fucking hairy? Does he have hair on his toes even?

by Anonymousreply 14906/05/2011

Is he like the fonzie on Glee?

by Anonymousreply 15006/05/2011

The songs he sings, his choreography, his lines, that's all Glee, not Darren. Darren isn't Blaine so you need to get real here.

by Anonymousreply 15106/06/2011

I do! FINALLY I find someone who doesn't like him. Thank God for OP! Seriously though.. I do not see the attraction at all. I made a comment on AE and got like 14 0 ratings from the crazy Gleeks, but they have to be blind, because he is not hot, AT. ALL. Bushy eyebrows, annoying hair, no cheekbone structure whatsoever, big nose, short, cocky, thinks he's all that. Why do all the women go gaga over him? I never thought he was hot.. barely average, even borderline ugly. How can so many people think he's hot? I just don't get it.. And how come he thinks so highly of himself? He thinks he's hot just because a lot of deluded and blind fangurls think he's hot when he's really not. His whole attitude is so off putting! yuck. Average looks combined with that attitude equals no thanks for me.

by Anonymousreply 15206/06/2011

152 = Ford Model, in his/her deranged mind.

by Anonymousreply 15406/06/2011

R153 How do you know these are all straight girls? Not only can lesbians like Darren, but so can guy guys. I like him because he was Harry Freakin' Potter. I knew him before Glee. And hell, he plays a gay man ON Glee, so why can't I find him attractive? Yeah, some of these are from girls, but not all of them.

by Anonymousreply 15506/07/2011

[R153] As Darren would say, no one likes an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15606/07/2011

All the teenage girls. Lord help.

by Anonymousreply 15806/08/2011

R158 And teenage boys.

by Anonymousreply 15906/08/2011

R149 - racist much? He's half-Filipino.

by Anonymousreply 16006/08/2011

I only hate him for having ruined my life. Now all my future boyfriends are going to dull in comparison to him. Oh, Darren..

by Anonymousreply 16106/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 16206/16/2011

I've met him. He's a nice, but straight kid, and is tiny. I think he's cute but I dislike that show and his character, too. I sort of got a stoner vibe from him and his friend.

by Anonymousreply 16306/17/2011

Cute undy pic.

Sorry, vicious cuntina; we love him all the more.

by Anonymousreply 16406/17/2011

Only Chris Colfer is more annoying than Darren Criss.

by Anonymousreply 16506/17/2011

I love that he wears nail polish on some of his fingernails

by Anonymousreply 16606/23/2011

I like him, I just hate "Glee" in general. -__-

by Anonymousreply 16706/23/2011

how can ANYONE hate darren criss??%0D hes an AMAZING singer and actor and song writer hes funny, modest noytto meantion SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT

by Anonymousreply 16807/09/2011

You guys suck if you disagree with me!

by Anonymousreply 16907/09/2011

I have to say I dislike him too, but I would still eat him out if given the opportunity. His ass looks amazing in that underwear picture.

by Anonymousreply 17007/09/2011

OMG Darren is my hero you sadly just made me cry...%0D

by Anonymousreply 17107/09/2011

YES! I hate him too...I'm so sick of his goofy faces and constant attention seeking wackiness, his flirtatious behavior with Colfer when they are not in character. The last actor I saw acting that obnoxiously on the red carpet was Tom Cruise and that is NOT a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 17207/09/2011

He and that show give me a fucking toothache. And I can't stand his mugging. He thinks he's hot shit.

by Anonymousreply 17307/09/2011

"I'll NEVER stop mugging," vows chipmunk-cheeked star

by Anonymousreply 17407/09/2011

That suit certainly accentuates his hips.

by Anonymousreply 17507/09/2011

[quote]YES! I hate him too...I'm so sick of his goofy faces and constant attention seeking wackiness

But, just consider: if he were serious and intense in public appearances, then you'd complain about his being 'pretentious' or taking himself too seriously.

The point is, you hate him because you hate him, quite independent of whatever he actually does.

I understand hating someone like the woman-beating Chris Brown, or the gay-hating Tracy Morgan, and I myself hate the truly destructive Dick Cheney and the loathsome Koch brothers (do you even know who these people are?). But to hate some innocuous kid who sings and dances on a television show?

It demonstrates that you are a loser who fixates on random celebrities to give focus and meaning to an otherwise meaningless life. Grow up and focus your bile on some of the awful, destructive people who actually deserve it.

Oh yeah, he's fucking HOT, and I'd blow him on my mother's dinner table during Thanksgiving Dinner if I had the chance.

by Anonymousreply 17607/09/2011

R176 It is possible to between the two extremes of crazy and stoic. That's all I'm asking for. And Criss may not be a bad person, but he's still mind numbingly annoying.

by Anonymousreply 17707/09/2011

[quote]Criss may not be a bad person, but he's still mind numbingly annoying

He's a KID! What is he? Twenty-two, twenty-three? Is there a manual for how to behave when you're suddenly the object of national attention? Charlie Sheen has been famous for a quarter of a century and he hasn't got it (of course, Charlie's insane, which doesn't help).

Sorry, you sound sane, but there's a celebrity culture in this country that strikes me as very unhealthy. You see it in the endless 'Why won't Anderson Cooper come OUT!' threads, placing way too much importance on the doings of people who mostly aren't very important, certainly not to our lives.

But he sure is one hot kid. I'd blow him on... Well, I already said.

by Anonymousreply 17807/09/2011

[quote]It demonstrates that you are a loser who fixates on random celebrities to give focus and meaning to an otherwise meaningless life. Grow up and focus your bile on some of the awful, destructive people who actually deserve it.

Ummm..WE'RE too focused on him???

[quote]Oh yeah, he's fucking HOT, and I'd blow him on my mother's dinner table during Thanksgiving Dinner if I had the chance.

Oh, and here's a newsflash: you can still blow someone who's untalented, annoying and NOT hot.

by Anonymousreply 17907/09/2011

I much prefer Trouty mouth.

by Anonymousreply 18007/09/2011

"The point is, you hate him because you hate him, quite independent of whatever he actually does."

No, actually I have grown to be very annoyed by him, because of his behavior. In the beginning I sorta liked him, or at least his character on the show. I've never actually had a problem with anything he says, I'm just sick of his face. I'd rather listen to Christian Bale talk out his ass for an hour than see another 30 seconds of Darren criss leaping about on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 18107/10/2011

*raises hand* I personally dislike him because of the fact that pretty much every girl on the face of the earth is fawning over him like he's drop dead gorgeous. Which he's not. I've seen better, much, much better.

by Anonymousreply 18208/14/2011

I love his character in glee And hes kinda cute. Then again thats juss my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 18308/14/2011

I love him. Talented and adorable. Haters.

by Anonymousreply 18408/14/2011

actually he's a good actor because he's always acting. What you see in interviews is not the real him.

by Anonymousreply 18508/17/2011

How do you know that, R185? Do tell, please.

by Anonymousreply 18608/18/2011

**sticks finger up ass** why must you fangurls talk like this?

by Anonymousreply 18708/18/2011

Any pics of his ass?

by Anonymousreply 18808/18/2011

I just saw a promo for the new season of Glee and there was his mugging face on my screen. I was going to say I hope they don't give him any dramatic or even slightly challenging material since HE CANNOT ACT, but I think I've realized I don't really care and just won't bother watching this season anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18909/04/2011

[quote]actually he's a good actor because he's always acting. What you see in interviews is not the real him.

I get that vibe from him too. There is something else going on with him, it's weird.

I like him though.

by Anonymousreply 19009/04/2011

"but I think I've realized I don't really care and just won't bother watching this season anyway."

And yet you'll continue to make bland sniping comments about him and the show, because it's your reason for living.

by Anonymousreply 19109/04/2011

He's adorable. And talented. And sexy.

by Anonymousreply 19209/04/2011

I'd definitely eat his round bubble ass.

by Anonymousreply 19309/04/2011

I don't "hate" him.

But I agree with the comment upthread.....the delivery in many of his songs and/or the Warblers songs sounded VERY much the same.

He seems a little more natural and relaxed in his acting. And he is Glee's real "heartthrob" - I get that a lot more of the frauleins would be wet for Darren vs. Finn, who despite being a "senior" is, like, pushing 30.

And, uh.....offering constructive criticism doesn't make one a "hater." And if you want to prove someone wrong, you have to come back with something stronger than "Haters!"

by Anonymousreply 19409/04/2011

I am curious to see if Damian McGinty will challenge Darren for number one heartthrob status. He is absolutely adorable, young enough to be believable as a high school student, and has a lovely voice.

by Anonymousreply 19509/04/2011

I'm kinda love/hate him for the moment. Yes, he's hot and a damn good singer and a pretty good actor. He 's really sweet and kind. I love him at since I watched AVPM. But I hate it when he started taking over the spotlight way too much. Gimme a break! I really like you, but I want to see the other casts as well, okay?? It's not all about you.

You guys can go and hate. This is a fact and if you get mad at me for posting an opinion (even an unpopular one) there's nothing I can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 19609/11/2011

Well if you don't hate him now you probably will soon. The writers are determined to make the audience love Blaine but I think it's going to backfire. The writers are trying to be meta by having other characters on the show dislike Blaine so that the audience will root for him... and he will still be getting multiple solos per episode and lots of screentime.

by Anonymousreply 19709/14/2011

Fuck that show. Who cares? He's touring with sellout concerts and already has a career well beyond 'Glee.' He's adorkable!

by Anonymousreply 19809/14/2011

by Anonymousreply 19909/29/2011

He's cute as fuck. Total marriage material, he'll make a girl or guy happy.

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but on the show he has tons of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 20009/30/2011

Have you ever seen him outside of glee? I think he has great acting potentials. Eastwick, his last scene, for example, amazing acting skills for someone who is so young and inexperienced as him. Some lines in avpm/s killed me too.

I think you're wrong. He is definitely not the best actor. But I will never call him a bad actor at all!

by Anonymousreply 20110/03/2011

His publicist needs to cool it. I liked him when he debuted on Glee, but now he's so overexposed, I want to kick him every time I see his mug and incredibly affected persona.

by Anonymousreply 20210/03/2011

Just shows ya...

One day...nobody struggling actor

Next Day...douchebag with a knit cap and bodyguards

And yes...I've seen it first hand

by Anonymousreply 20310/03/2011

You don't even know him. You don't have the right to say you hate him. Personally, he seems like a brilliant actor, an outstanding singer, and a very humble guy. But that's just how I see him. But you can't just say you hate him like that, I dare you to have a conversation with him and tell me that you still hate his guts afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 20410/12/2011

They're sad little ankle-biting queens, the haters.

by Anonymousreply 20510/12/2011

A "brilliant actor"? LOLOL. Say he's cute or whatever, but the guy is terrible at acting.

by Anonymousreply 20610/13/2011

He is certainly not terrible. I am not delusional enough to think he is a great actor but he is perfectly mediocre with a healthy dose of charisma to help hide his weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 20710/13/2011

Saying you hate Darren Criss is like saying you hate puppies and rainbows.

by Anonymousreply 20810/14/2011

Darren is seriously talented.

Love him.

by Anonymousreply 20910/28/2011

He's so obnoxious. His performances are terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 21010/28/2011

Which is why his performances are consistently some of the most popular ones R210. We all have our opinions but you have to accept most people don't agree with you.

The Last Friday Night performance you linked to is already getting good online buzz.

by Anonymousreply 21110/28/2011

Dont worry, you're not alone. We hate him too! Everyone else is just insane for liking him.

by Anonymousreply 21211/04/2011

by Anonymousreply 21311/17/2011

He really showed off his limited vocals in One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story. Breathy sweet nothings and he couldn't even sing the part as written. They way they've dressed him is ridiculous. He's a case of he's OK in limited one offs. As a regular, he's a complete nothing.

by Anonymousreply 21411/17/2011

His manic mugging is really getting on my nerves.

The eye-poppin' thing he constantly does has got to stop.

by Anonymousreply 21511/17/2011

I used to like him when he was with the Warblers but now Glee is basically the Darren Criss show. And Kurt was much more interesting when he didn't have the BF.

by Anonymousreply 21611/17/2011

At first Blaine took my breath away, wishing I'd had a Teenage Dream just like that back in my school days. But the more Blaine I got all over my screen the less of him I wanted. Now, like Finn, I just want him to sit down, shut up and stop singing.

Darren Criss has a great PR team. He's been on TV lately because he's in People's Sexiest list and we got some completely corny beefcake shots of him shirtless (chest freshly waxed) on a beach. I'd have drooled once but now I look at that and think "famewhore". There's rumors (from a blind item) that he's fucking Ryan Murphy for exposure and, while I think the rumors are crap, it doesn't surprise me that that's his rep these days. His fans seem to think he's so humble and sweet but to me he seems so hungry for fame.

by Anonymousreply 21711/18/2011

Not hate, but... Manic mugging covers his acting, and his singing is weak and off-key. And I don't think he's cute. His head is 30% of his body. He's so unremarkable, it's painful.

by Anonymousreply 21811/18/2011

Back off, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 21911/18/2011

Is he related to Peter Criss from the rock band Kiss?

by Anonymousreply 22011/18/2011

No he isn't related to Peter Criss, and hate On Darren all you want but lets be honest

Glee is still very much the Lea/Chris/Cory show. Sure he has been established as one of the players after them but outside of singing fairly often he doesn't have that many scenes normally, which is pretty consistent with how it has been since he has been introduced.

Darren has been a true ally of the gay community and seems like a nice dude so it is hard for me to hate on him personally.

by Anonymousreply 22111/18/2011

We can all judge whether or not Criss is talented when he does "How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying" for three weeks on Broadway in January.

No doubt he will be all over TV singing songs from the musical to sell tickets. For the record, I like the guy.

by Anonymousreply 22211/19/2011

R223: Great riff on Darren Criss.

by Anonymousreply 22411/19/2011

Darren is freakin amazing. He is such an inspiration. Anyone that hates him doesn't know enough about him to see the good in him. Not to mention is super hot.

by Anonymousreply 22512/15/2011

Neologism of the day: impetious (adjective): a type of behavior generally perpetrated by boy-men who use attractiveness to torture DataLounge eldergays with persistent unavailability.

(I think the word Loesser provided for that spot, R223, was "impetuous".)

by Anonymousreply 22712/29/2011

No, but I hate R226. Will that do?

by Anonymousreply 22812/29/2011

yeah it's only you. i love him

by Anonymousreply 22901/03/2012

Love him. Hate this thread.

by Anonymousreply 23001/03/2012

What about pron, Blaine?

by Anonymousreply 23101/03/2012

I think he's fairly talented and cute as a button, so he seems perfect for Glee.

OP, on the other hand, seems unbalanced and obviously in need of a life if he feels the need to come here and spew such venom for someone he doesn't know and who is fairly innocuous in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 23201/03/2012

There's a big piece on him in today's NYTimes claiming he's straight, even though he refuses to name names in his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 23301/03/2012

“But I love challenges that are big and hard."

by Anonymousreply 23401/03/2012

Ahem, i think it's just you. All of you are like blah blah but do you even know him? No. i HAD THE PLEASURE of meeting Darren at a starkid concert, which was a theatre group he was apart of when he was in college with his friends which is now a youtube sensation (AVPM, AVPS, STARSHIP, and he was the nicest funniest guy ever. He played Harry in A very Potter Musical so I gave him a huge box of chocolate frogs from the wizarding world of harry potter and a picture I drew and hes like wow now i feel like an a hole because i didnt give you a chocolate covered snack or wonderful drawings. Hes an awesome performer and maybe you guys would know that if you watched his previous stuff like -Starkid (DUH) which is a VERY potter musical, a very potter sequel, starship with over 1 million views and a fanbase like no other -Little White Lie -Eastwick -Just chats with him on the internet like interviews because instead of Regular celebrity: just be who you are Darren: I don't care if your gay, straight, purple, orange, dinosaur I DONT CARE! Regular: Thank you so much for this card Darren: You light up my life like a mutha f'in lamp!! Give me a hug! Regular: Just be yourself! Darren: Theres nothing more badass than being yourself -Youtube his old productions -and 12% of his career glee. he is a wonderful performer and an amazing singer and he's just a really nice guy to his fans

by Anonymousreply 23601/03/2012

Tonight is his opening in How to Succeed on Broadway. His three week run is pretty much a sell out.

by Anonymousreply 23701/03/2012

He's dreamy!

by Anonymousreply 23801/03/2012

Thank you, R234. That line was so funny it made me spit out my morning coffee!

by Anonymousreply 24001/03/2012

Apparently the reviews have been kind to him so far. Yeay, I suppose. He must be more capable than I anticipated.

It still baffles me how this kid can go from a somewhat obscure theater show on the internet to having his name in lights on Broadway in just over a year.

by Anonymousreply 24101/05/2012

Comments from some who saw him yesterday (two shows on Wednesday) all mention his light Broadway belt.

Truly sorry, because I have tickets for his final weekend.

by Anonymousreply 24201/05/2012

Criss was on Live with Kelly (and Rob Lowe) today. He didn't have the curl styled out of his hair, so it was nice to see the fro again.

Not at all surprising - he got a standing/screaming ovation from 2 rows of overweight white girls. Typical Glee fans?

by Anonymousreply 24301/05/2012

Sadly typical of America, but yes most fangirls are always overweight white chicks.

And I have heard a lot of.comments about his voice being too thin.

by Anonymousreply 24401/05/2012

[quote]He's cute as fuck. Total marriage material, he'll make a girl or guy happy

Oh, totally. He's SO dreamy (sigh).

[quote]OP, on the other hand, seems unbalanced and obviously in need of a life if he feels the need to come here and spew such venom for someone he doesn't know and who is fairly innocuous in the scheme of things

But it's a DL tradition to develop raging, total-out-of-proportion hatred of someone who's of little importance in the grand scheme of things, but incredibly important to the loser who's fixated on him/her (see Jodie Foster, and, of course, Anderson Cooper for prominent examples of this).

[quote]It still baffles me how this kid can go from a somewhat obscure theater show on the internet to having his name in lights on Broadway in just over a year

I'm baffled as to why you're baffled. Even when I was a kid, the phrase 'overnight sensation' was common (and that was a LONG time ago).

Get cast for a bit part in a hot property, get noticed by appealing to a substantial segment of the audience, get cast in other things by producers hoping to attract some of your heat. Mix, repeat, over and over since the beginning of showbiz. There's no great mystery to it. Now it's up to him to channel this moment into a career. I wish him luck 'cause he's hot and doesn't seem to be an asshole (at the moment).

by Anonymousreply 24501/05/2012

no, but i think i hate u now

by Anonymousreply 24601/07/2012

i love darren criss.

by Anonymousreply 24701/11/2012

Criss story for "How to Succeed": Great box office in a limited run, not very good word of mouth on his performance.

To be fair, Robert Morse owns the role.

by Anonymousreply 24801/13/2012

I agree, I didn't have anything against him and his character on glee at first but I hate the special treatment that are giving him. He's in glee and he hasn't even been slushed. WTF is with that?

by Anonymousreply 24901/14/2012

Whoever his publicist is, they've really done their job. I'm not baffled as to why kids are drawn to him and Blaine, but I am baffled as to how he is already landing covers on magazines and solo spots on talk shows. He's got to be careful--a quick rise to the top usually means a quick downfall.

by Anonymousreply 25001/14/2012

I love him:) he rox and he is supermegafoxyawesomehot!! unlike you iim sure

by Anonymousreply 25101/14/2012

I really think that Darrin is one of the few on glee that will get work after glee. Cory Monteith is big untalented douche bag. Someone please tell Lea Michele she will never be Barbra Streisand. Chris Colfer is so over the top it's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 25201/14/2012

Darren Criss - Sexy Boy!! (Blaine) Glee

by Anonymousreply 25301/14/2012

Beautiful! Love him in the GQ vid

by Anonymousreply 25401/14/2012

Is the glee cast jealous of Darrin? I hear more about him than the rest of the cast. Darrin cleans up real good.

by Anonymousreply 25501/15/2012

OOPS! Darren

by Anonymousreply 25601/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 25701/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 25801/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 25901/21/2012

Darren was a broadway smash! 4 million in ticket sales.

by Anonymousreply 26001/23/2012

He was a financial success, but many people mentioned how thin his voice was. I don't think he is really suited to be on broadway, lacks the power and vibrato.

by Anonymousreply 26101/23/2012

:) Cute, Darren Criss says goodbye to his Broadway fans.

by Anonymousreply 26201/23/2012

I want to like him. He seems like a nice guy. But damn, I don't get the tongue bath his ass is getting from the press right now.

by Anonymousreply 26301/24/2012

He is likeable and charismatic. Not a huge talent by an stretch, but that was never necessary to be a star.

by Anonymousreply 26401/24/2012

He has VERY smart management.

Also, his dad worked for Chase Bank for years, and they have a very nice house in SF. That might make you hate him.

by Anonymousreply 26501/24/2012

f*** you, he is the hottest guy on earth. You are full of sh*t you monster!

by Anonymousreply 26601/24/2012

[quote]Also, his dad worked for Chase Bank for years, and they have a very nice house in SF. That might make you hate him.

He has talked about how he went to expensive private schools growing up similar to the one he was at on Glee.

His dad's wealth allowed both him and his brother Chuck Criss of Freelance Whales to pursue their artistic passions without having to support themselves. Amazingly it worked out well for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 26701/24/2012

[quote]:) Cute, Darren Criss says goodbye to his Broadway

OMG, he's so adorable, I want to cry!

by Anonymousreply 26801/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 26901/27/2012

What a BITCH for starting that blog.

by Anonymousreply 27001/27/2012

I don´t like him either, I don´t even find him good looking:)

by Anonymousreply 27101/30/2012

He's very intelligent. There's more to him that the typical pop star/singer, a kind of indefinable charisma that the public has picked up on - you can't define it, you either have it or you don't. His sweetness and genuine niceness are real - let's hope the mean cynical world doesn't destroy him. He's too nice - and intelligent - let's hope that he does end up a great professor of theater at some wonderful university.

by Anonymousreply 27201/31/2012

Why does that darrencrisssux blog refer to his fans as "stans"? What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 27301/31/2012

OP drowns kittens when puppies are unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 27401/31/2012

"Why does that darrencrisssux blog refer to his fans as "stans"? What does that mean?"

Stans are obsessive fans. The term originates from the Eminem song "Stan."

by Anonymousreply 27501/31/2012

"let's hope the mean cynical world doesn't destroy him"

i.e, let's hope no one alerts him to DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 27601/31/2012

I saw Darren Criss on Broadway and his voice was thin. However, he was able to carry the show out of sheer charisma. He connects well with the audience, dancing and stunts were great and the fangirls (and boys) were plenty. How to Succeed was a brilliant career move for him as a limited engagement, he generated much money and press from this and he worked non-stop while in NY outside of the show. It was a perfect storm for him.

As state above, he has a quality that goes beyond just talent. He has talent - maybe not the best singer, best dancer, best songwriter, best actor - but all of that together, the kid will go places. A friend of mine in the business says he is one of the hottest commodities right now and he's got smart people advising him and daddy's trust fund to catch him if he falls. The charisma is what all the buzz is about right now as stated here many times.

And he is just, dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 27702/01/2012

He's the next Cary Grant.

by Anonymousreply 27802/01/2012

Cary Grant wasn't a short Filipino with greasy hair. So, no.

by Anonymousreply 27902/01/2012

Cary Grant could never make it in todayze society. Darren Criss is the closest Gen Y has to class.

by Anonymousreply 28002/01/2012

Darren Criss is the only one on glee who will make it big. He could become a major broadway star if thats what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 28102/01/2012

Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner?

by Anonymousreply 28202/01/2012

I hate Darren so much that I would drink his piss!

by Anonymousreply 28302/01/2012

"Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner"

He's a busy little twink!

by Anonymousreply 28402/01/2012

I wish that little twink would get busy with me

by Anonymousreply 28502/01/2012

Get in line, 285.

by Anonymousreply 28602/01/2012

[quote]Darren Criss is the only one on glee who will make it big. He could become a major broadway star if thats what he wants.

I agree Darren Criss could easily be the most famous Glee alumni but I don't think Broadway is the right way for him to go. He is a quite talented studio singer, but he does not have the broadway type voice. He should go for movie roles that utilize his charisma.

[quote]Does it seem like Darren has gotten thinner?

He has definitely gotten thinner. I get the pressure that comes in Hollywood but I honestly don't think it did him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 28702/02/2012

Only his bathroom scale knows for sure, obviously, but I don't know that he's thinner; he's just wearing tighter clothes. Last season you mostly saw him in the Warblers uniform and that wasn't exactly form-fitting.

by Anonymousreply 28802/02/2012

Broadway is soo gay. Bone killer!

by Anonymousreply 28902/02/2012

I wonder if Mark Salling is jealous of him and Cory since everyone originally though Mark would be the male star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 29002/02/2012

R290, Mark and Cory are lucky to even be on glee. They both will go nowhere after its done.

by Anonymousreply 29102/03/2012

Well here's a clip of him in How To Succeed.

He can't sing

by Anonymousreply 29202/03/2012

R291 I agree - Mark for sure will go nowhere after Glee is over. He released an album of terrible music back in 2010, and it charted at #189 for one week before it dropped out of the charts. He's not a good actor either, so it should be interesting to see what he does after it's all over.

by Anonymousreply 29302/03/2012

No one on Glee can sing except Amber Riley and Lea Michele, and they're both generic and unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 29402/04/2012

i dont hate him i just hate how everyone keeps saying how hot he is.

by Anonymousreply 29503/03/2012

Some nice eye candy from the outtakes from the People Magazines Sexiest Man issue. I thinks he's quite yummy

by Anonymousreply 29603/04/2012

he sucks

by Anonymousreply 29703/04/2012

[quote] i just hate how everyone keeps saying how hot he is

I'm sorry to add to your pain, but...

Damn, he's sexy in those pics at R296. A body that is muscular enough, without looking excessive, and he let some of his chest hair grow back (I actually prefer smooth, but everyone doesn't have to be waxed and shaven), and that face....

Ironically, I only watched Glee in the first season, so I haven't really seen much of him, but what I do see? Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 29803/04/2012

No. It's just you. Go watch his StarKid porductions, and then try to tell me he's a bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 29904/05/2012

How can you hate Darren Criss? u have Most likely never met him, so there's no chance he did something to make you hate him. You may dislike him, but that's misdirected as well. Ur either a bully or Poser if you feel that way. Darren helps people and sings for his living. Don't hate because your jealous. And don't post things on the Internet if it's negative whether or not he's a celebrity and it's now more "acceptable" in society.

by Anonymousreply 30004/12/2012

adorable twink!

by Anonymousreply 30104/20/2012

I know you're open to your own opinion and everything but seriously, WHAT THE FRAKING HELL?! He is seriously talented at acting, singing, songwriting, and dancing. He is VERY musical, playing the guitar, piano, violin, cello, mandolin, harmonica, drums, and didgeridoo for crying out loud. His work with Starkid Company is amazing as well as his more famous work on Glee and Broadway. Not only is he incredibly talented (not to mention supermegafoxyawesomehot) but he is most definitely NOT cocky - he is one of the most modest, down to earth, and downright ADORABLE people I have ever seen. He inspires people every day of his life, just look at some of the fan pages on facebook and twitter, and should be congratulated for his success. SO stop hating on him when you're probably just jealous anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I'M IN A RAGE!

by Anonymousreply 30205/07/2012

YES! I hate Chris Colfer too - he is butt ugly.

by Anonymousreply 30305/13/2012

He's no Isabel Sanford

by Anonymousreply 30405/14/2012

I love the way Darren's fans ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe he isn't anything but perfect, when in reality he is mediocre. He has a pleasant pop tune voice, he's short, he constantly makes derp faces, he can't act drama, and his 3 week Broadway was stunt casting funded by his crazy girl fans.

by Anonymousreply 30505/22/2012

I love him! My ideal boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 30605/22/2012

At least Darren Criss himself is good about being honest and humble about his talents and his limitations. Crazy fangurls are crazy fangurls and god knows Criss has a lot of them but you can't hold that against him.

The gig he did hosting the awards was good for him, he was a natural and likable host. Honestly he works better as a "persona" than a real actor.

by Anonymousreply 30705/22/2012

Darren is singing for Obama LGBT fundraiser this evening.

by Anonymousreply 30806/06/2012

Saw him in HOW TO SUCKSEED. He was meh. And dickless. No bulge

by Anonymousreply 30906/07/2012

I don't get the appeal. There are thousands of boys in L.A. alone who are better looking and have equal (or better) talent.

by Anonymousreply 31006/07/2012

Your drippy cunt is vile, R311 and stinks as badly as your opinion.

F&F for your use of the word faggot.

by Anonymousreply 31206/07/2012

Girls, girls...neither of you are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 31306/07/2012

R311 is what I believe 50% of "Oh I love my gays" faghags actually feel about gay people when they get mad...

by Anonymousreply 31406/07/2012

Much love for Darren to step in and sing @ LGBT fundraiser. He may not be the strongest dramatic actor, more a theatrical comedic persona/singer performer. He's still part of triple threat young HW. I think he'll go farther than most of his co-stars (referring to his male costars esp the famewhore mediocre armcandy "lead" who is a serious closet case)

by Anonymousreply 31506/12/2012

He definitely has a great team around him/a lot of power people who like him to have scored that gig R315. Getting to headline a Presidential fundraiser is big.

Things like that make it clear he will go far. The kermit gig, the kristen wiig movie, the broadway stint, hosting the audience awards and now headlinging for the President.

He is doing an amazing job of cementing a strong profile and capitalizing on his Glee fame.

by Anonymousreply 31606/12/2012

He's also willing to work his ass off

by Anonymousreply 31706/12/2012

Absolutely respect Darren's hard work and determination. No hate here. Complete agreement with R315,316,317.

by Anonymousreply 31806/13/2012

OMG how can you hate him??? I LOVE him to pieces! He's my future husband how dare you!

by Anonymousreply 31906/26/2012

His SF appearance at a the recent American Conservatory Theatre fundraiser gala basically paid for an entire year of student theatre classes and scholarships.

So just STFU, haters.

by Anonymousreply 32006/26/2012

He is so annoying. And ugly! What does my mates see in him? :/

by Anonymousreply 32107/04/2012

WTF!!!!!??? You can't just hate someone you don't even fucking KNOW!!!! I think your a selfish dick head who knows nothing about anything! You don't know the fucking good things Darren has done for this world! So you think he's just a guy? He's a talented fucking guy who stands up for the rights of love! He taught me and many others to express themselves and be who they are, and you start posting things saying he isn't good enough? That is fucking mean, and selfish of you! Everyone in this world is good enough and who are you to tell people there not? He didn't get famous for doing nothing so instead of sitting on your damn computer complaining about people who have done nothing wrong, try working your butt off for your fans who you love, oh wait thats right you dont have any fans! Because you didn't work as hard as you could and now all you'll ever be is a mean, selfish JERK!

by Anonymousreply 32207/13/2012

He is ugly indeed

by Anonymousreply 32307/13/2012

R322 This is a kind of crazy you can't buy at the mall. To be honest, I think I'm in love. Come on, baby! Yell at me about Glee all night long!

by Anonymousreply 32407/13/2012

would love to suck his hairy arse

by Anonymousreply 32507/13/2012

How can you hate someone you've never met personally? He isn't ugly, his character is more likeable than any of the others on glee even if he can come off as a Gary stu, and he is one of the most talented singers In the glee cast. he just isn't a very good actor.

by Anonymousreply 32607/13/2012

That cocky chipmunk thing is Swedish.

by Anonymousreply 32707/15/2012

Stellar performance from Darren Criss tonight. Nothing but love.

by Anonymousreply 32810/05/2012

Criss Bump

by Anonymousreply 32910/21/2012

Nope, still loving Darren.

by Anonymousreply 33010/21/2012

For all of you saying "how can you hate comeone you don't even know?", what do you say about all those good christian people who hate gays?

And let's not talk about punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 33110/21/2012

Darren Criss is flawless in every way and anyone who hates him doesn't have a heart.

by Anonymousreply 33211/05/2012

He's a creepy thang, I agree op.

by Anonymousreply 33311/05/2012

Blaine Annoying as hell! Glee is now the Blaine show.

Darren Criss however seems from what i've heard like a lovely guy. Can't really say anything bad about him, i don't know him, and don't follow him outide of glee.

by Anonymousreply 33411/23/2012

He's starting to look like a bit of a parody of himself on Glee now. They're going to have to change his look eventually. Actually preferring Chord Overstreet, who can actually put over a joke and have it remain funny.

by Anonymousreply 33511/23/2012

R335 is right. They really need to develop him a little more. His character, while gorgeous, is not much more than one note

by Anonymousreply 33611/24/2012

Sat behind him at A Christmas Story last night with my niece who was ready to pee in her pants with excitement.

He was with his parents and shook hands and posed for pictures with all. Couldn't have been nicer.

He's not THAT short. Maybe 5'7'".

BTW- Christmas Story is great. A charming, old fashioned musical. Felt like a holiday follow up by Adler/Ross and team. Pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 33711/24/2012

R337 was this in San Francisco?

by Anonymousreply 33811/25/2012

I met Darren a few weeks ago. I am 5'6" and he was at least a few inches taller than me. I would say he is 5'8". He is one of the most sweet and adorable people that I have ever spoken with. Not to mention is is so cute!

by Anonymousreply 33911/25/2012

Yes, he's a crap actor and singer and he always seems to look like he's constipated.

by Anonymousreply 34011/26/2012

My friend who was an extra on the Glee set says that Darren in super nice and patient with the crew. He actually makes an effort to talk to the extras and various crew members. He has no ego or sense of entitlement whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 34111/26/2012

I liked the first Darren Criss better than the second one.

by Anonymousreply 34211/26/2012

One of many cute pics from a Darren Facebook fan group, taken a few days ago, and proving a previous poster's mention of his appearance at "A Christmas Carol."

He was in the show years ago, and performed with ACT's student conservatory.

How could you not like him? He's adorable! Puppies! Kittens! Kiddies!

by Anonymousreply 34311/27/2012

Darren Criss is probably the sweetest, most considerate, talented, and most beautiful people on the planet. I honestly don't understand how people can have something against him. I don't care what you think of his acting ability, or his singing ability, even though i think that he's an incredible performer, but to decide that he annoys you? He's done nothing wrong, i think that you need to take a look at yourself, because he's a far better person than you are. He would never personally put someone down like some of you have.

by Anonymousreply 34412/18/2012

Criss is obviously straight, Straight, STRAIGHT!!!!

Ho Ho Ho.

by Anonymousreply 34512/18/2012

R345 Who cares if he's straight, he is luscious !

by Anonymousreply 34612/18/2012

OUT magazine did some sexier shirtless shots of him, and didn't make him wax away all his hair. Still the Santa thing is cute.

Also I don't doubt that Darren Criss is at least primarily straight, though he is probably a little bi.

by Anonymousreply 34712/18/2012

He annoys the hell out of me. He's the Kristen Stewart of Glee: terrible actor, no charisma but has an army of fangirls with absolutely no clue of what they're talking about and think he's the shit. His voice is poor, his acting is god-awful, he's an average dancer and (I like women and can't really comment much on his attractiveness) he's very average-looking; out of the guys, I certainly wouldn't put him in the top 5.

by Anonymousreply 34812/19/2012

Posters who sign fake first names to posts = OBVIOUS trolls. This one resurrected a long-dead thread, then posted under *two* names in talks-to-self fashion in order to argue with itself. F&F, please.

by Anonymousreply 34912/19/2012

I actually believe the opposite of R348, and I wouldn't call myself a fanboi/gurl, either. I think he has a lot of charisma, and I think he's good at displaying emotion as an actor. Plus, I think he'd make the perfect pocket gay.

by Anonymousreply 35012/19/2012

His best quality (as stated numerous times on DL) is his charisma. That is what has propelled his rising star. Agree with you R350

by Anonymousreply 35112/20/2012

I still don't see the resemblance between the guy on that Christmas calendar pic and Darren Criss.

by Anonymousreply 35212/20/2012

needs his hole plowed

by Anonymousreply 35312/20/2012

He's dating Mia Swier. And alledgely there is a reason his lips are sealed on their relationship, if this is true...

by Anonymousreply 35401/06/2013

That would be cool if true, but also kinda weird that for someone who is supposed to be such a LBGT fighter (and Mia is as well for that matter), they would be so hush about Mia being transgender? Though I guess it would be understandable.

Any proof? Seems like the kinda thing that would be relatively easy to track down and see if she used to be a guy.

by Anonymousreply 35501/06/2013

Not much info about her on the Web.

by Anonymousreply 35601/06/2013

He's not dating Mia Swier.

He's dating an African American young woman; very slim and cute. I met them both at an American Conservatory Theatre show in San Francisco last year which starred Bill Irwin (his collaborator at a very fun A.C.T fundraiser at the Regency). They attended with his parents.

by Anonymousreply 35701/06/2013

Honestly I absolutely love Darren Criss he is a good actor, dancer and mostly best at singing. But there is no need to post your hate for him on a website! If you actually knew him you might think different, I don't know him personally and when I see him my likeliness in him might change. In every video on YouTube I watch of him in interviews he comes a down to earth man, who doesn't take himself to serious, he makes a few jokes and is friendly. I really can't find one thing wrong with him. I think you hate Blaine Anderson a character not Darren, I agree Blaine isn't my favorite character in glee, but without him it wouldn't be the same!

by Anonymousreply 35801/30/2013

K ur crazy darren criss is so hot and the best singer/dancer/actor i've ever seen!!

by Anonymousreply 35902/22/2013

I'm sure he's nice and everything but the guy is a shit actor and a mediocre singer (no vibrato? get out with that bs). I look forward to his eventual fade into obscurity when he finally goes completely bald. No gel will hide that sucker of a bald spot he's forming.

by Anonymousreply 36003/11/2013

Anyone who says he doesn't have charisma is a total jackass. You can't clap eyes on anyone elese anytime he's in a scene.

by Anonymousreply 36103/11/2013

[R361], you're a couple of years late with your crowing about his charisma. That doesn't make up for his complete lack of talent and is definitely overstated.

by Anonymousreply 36203/11/2013

“What the hell is going on with Darren Criss? We were super excited to see his performance in How to Succeed, until he started being crazy. Our sources tell us that he announced an impromptu performance at the stage door last week… with his theater troupe. His theater troupe that has nothing to do with the show that he’s in. The unrelated shenanigans reportedly created such pandemonium the police had to shut the stage door down, something they didn’t even have to do for his much more famous predecessor. Between that, his mile-long Playbill bio, and his opening-night awe at being able to make his Broadway debut so young (ahem, Nick Jonas was 7; Lea Michele was 8), we’re smelling a full-tilt ego trip over there at the Hirschfeld and it’s making us sad. Come back, Dan Radcliffe, and please bring all of your quiet class and work ethic with you…”

by Anonymousreply 36303/11/2013

Did he kill your father or a thing like that ? Because say to everyone that you hate someone is a big deal, and it's unfair, you surely don't know him ! You can hate Blaine Anderson, but Darren Criss, it's another stuff !

by Anonymousreply 36403/13/2013

He looks like Eric Stoltz in Mask.

by Anonymousreply 36505/04/2013

I think he is perfect! He is gorgeous, sexy, sweet, adorble, an amazing singer, with an etremely verstile voice, a fantastic dancer, a brilliant song writer, and outstanding performer, and I have to disagree with people who have said he is a bad actor. If they had seen him in anything besides Glee, they would realize that it's the way Blaine is written and not the actor playing him that makes his character unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 36607/13/2013

All I've heard about him is that he's a sweetheart, unlike the douchebags Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling. It's unfortunate that he's so ugly, though. He's even uglier than Chris Colfer!

by Anonymousreply 36709/28/2013

I've heard from people who worked with him in NY that his ego runs unchecked and he has next to no work ethic. He actually told my friend that he was going to "save" the show he was brought in as a replacement for, and then put in next to no work during the short rehearsal period he had. When he finally went on, he flubbed lines and missed cues left and right. The cast couldn't wait until his short run was done.

If Ryan Murphy didn't have a thing for swarthy, zaftig, mongoloids poured into ill-fitting clothes from the Baby GAP (see also: Justin Bartha), we wouldn't even be talking about this kid, because he doesn't have what it takes to succeed in this business when he's not lying on his back.

by Anonymousreply 36809/29/2013

Even in his college productions he often didn't know his lines and missed rehearsals.

I will say to the kid's credit that Ryan Murphy gave him a chance to build a fan base, Darren Criss did so on his own, as every actor has to do. He clearly has something there, or he wouldn't have enjoyed the success he has so far.

by Anonymousreply 36909/29/2013

Well, that makes me sad to hear, R368. He does give off the arrogant vibe though, and a lot of times his "nice boy" persona just seems like an act.

by Anonymousreply 37010/01/2013

Darren is not hot, he has bushy eyebrows, bushy and ugly hair, a nose way too big for his face (sorta like Robert Pattinson), and no decernible cheekbone structure. Add to that him being way too short and you have one ugly MOFO. I seriously do not understand why he's so popular. Why do the fangirls like him so much? He doesn't seem particularly bright or nice either. He seems kinda cocky imo.

by Anonymousreply 37110/01/2013

Darren Criss and Lea Salonga - A Whole New World

by Anonymousreply 37211/21/2013

Darren Criss Introduces Lea Salonga at Marie's Crisis NYC. She sings "On My Own".

by Anonymousreply 37311/21/2013

GLEE’s Darren Criss and Lea Salonga Sing ‘A Whole New World’ At NYC’s Marie’s Crisis Gay Piano Bar

Now, how can anyone hate this cutie? :)

by Anonymousreply 37411/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!