Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item about a Sports guy.

"Men would be shocked%E2%80%94and women would be heartbroken%E2%80%94to learn that this popular and good-looking athlete has already given his heart away%E2%80%A6 to another man. His salary and endorsement deals are far too lucrative for him to come out of the closet, so he keeps up a macho appearance by fake-dating beautiful (and occasionally famous) women. His real-life gay partner is a man who frequently accompanies him when he travels, is a bit older than him, and is sometimes introduced as his 'cousin' or 'business partner.'" %0D

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2011 2:44 PM

Jeter?

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2011 1:51 AM

Maybe wishful thinking but I think it's the soccer player Ronaldo (the one who fathered a child about a year ago and bought it from the slag to have full custody and never ever having to deal with her again).

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2011 1:55 AM

Ronaldo is a great guess, r2

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2011 2:00 AM

I wish it was Jeter, but no way it's him.

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2011 2:03 AM

Agree, Ronaldo is a great guess, something about the way he carries himself. Admirable of him if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2011 2:11 AM

Is there more than one well-known Ronaldo? Today on npr news, they were talking about a world-famous soccer player, Ronaldo, who announced his retirement. For some reason, I got the impression that the retiring guy is from Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2011 2:16 AM

It's Rafael Nadal, the Spanish tennis player. He travels with several members of his family (including his uncle/coach, Toni Nadal) and the Nadal family all live in the same building in Mallorca. He's also said in the past that he doesn't have time for a girlfriend and would prefer to concentrate on mastering tennis.

Wikipedia lists his endorsements (besides tennis items) as including Kia, Nike, Lanvin, the Swiss watchmaker Richard Mille, among others. In 2011, Nadal becomes the underwear model for Emporio Armani, just like David Beckham.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2011 2:18 AM

Ronaldo who is retiring is an ugly old Brazilian. Ronaldo who we are speculating about is a mildly attractive Portuguese.

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2011 2:21 AM

Admirable? R5. In the closet, bearding, basically to keep the money coming in? Aren't these the reasons DL hates Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and a multitude of others? Why does get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2011 2:26 AM

Thanks r8.%0D %0D I wouldn't think it's Rafael Nadal because he doesn't really fit the part about fake-dating beautiful (and occasionally famous) women. He says that he doesn't have time to date. %0D %0D Ronaldo fits that part of the clue to perfection. (Paris Hilton, for one)

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2011 2:28 AM

Aaron Rodgers. Just backpedaled on his momentary beard, Jessica Szohr. Has never been known to be with any other woman. Also is emphasizing his fundie Christianity more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2011 3:09 AM

What publication/website is this from? Most Americans aren't interested in soccer and tennis, so if it's in the US it's more likely to be someone in another sport.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2011 3:17 AM

Pics of Cristiano and his beard 'posing' for holiday snaps. He also has a 'Ricky Martin Baby'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2011 3:23 AM

Sporting News interview with Rodgers: %0D %0D SN: Do you live with anybody? %0D %0D RODGERS: I've got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer, but he was interning when I met him and we just hit it off. He's been great for me as far as great conversations outside of football. Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. %0D %0D Straight guys wouldn't care or "be shocked" about a tennis or soccer player being gay. But an NFL quarterback? Hell yeah, they'd be shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2011 3:26 AM

We all know this is Lance Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2011 3:41 AM

What are Rodgers endorsments? Although Lance Armstrong is a great guess

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2011 4:03 AM

Since when was Lance Armstrong good looking? He's also pushing 40 (the implication is that the sportsman is younger with an older lover) and has had multiple marriages/relationships that have resulted in children.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2011 4:09 AM

Well, he hasn't dated me yet. Harrumph.

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2011 4:11 AM

He doesn't bother girls

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2011 4:16 AM

"What are Rodgers endorsments?"%0D %0D I can't give you specifics, but in what universe will a Super Bowl quarterback not make millions in endorsements? ANY quarterback who wins a Super Bowl makes millions in endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2011 4:18 AM

Lance Armstrong went on a yacht vacation with Jake, a bike vacation in the French Alps with Jake and then had a long bout of togetherness with McBongo. It didn't involve an older guy along with them.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2011 4:20 AM

a rod.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2011 4:20 AM

I don't think it's Rogers. Before this year's playoffs, it would be a stretch to call him a "popular" athlete.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2011 7:18 AM

What female would shed a tear if it turned out Armstrong was gay? Women seem to have zero interest in either cycling or him.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2011 7:46 AM

But is Christian Ronaldo really considered "macho"? I thought even Europeans kind of laughed at how metrosexual he is.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2011 8:04 AM

My two random guesses based mostly on wishful thinking:

Kasey Kahne (gorgeous NASCAR driver)

Tony Romo (adorable NFL quarterback - though I think he just got engaged to a woman)

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2011 8:17 AM

^ I thought it might be Romo, but if he's actually engaged and not just "dating" a woman then he doesn't fit the clues

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2011 8:31 AM

r7 - Lots of question marks about Rafael Nadal, but he doesn't fit this blind regarding the string of high profile romances. He's only ever been linked to a hometown girl whom he's known since childhood.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2011 9:09 AM

Gotta be ARod. I can't think of one other high profile athlete who routinely dates famous women for about five seconds.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2011 9:29 AM

It says that 'men would be shocked' - not sure that this would be true of Cristiano Ronaldo. His short shorts and permatan raise eyebrows. The other Ronaldo, now called 'fat Ronaldo' but once the best football player in the world, would really shock people if he came out.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2011 10:49 AM

Forgot to add the source of the BI, sorry...here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2011 11:02 AM

Hi r29, I would LOVE it to be ARod but the brother really really likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2011 8:15 PM

Maybe Jeter?

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2011 8:17 PM

[quote]I would LOVE it to be ARod but the brother really really likes pussy.%0D %0D Notice how well the fake-dating works. r32 thinks ARod really likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34February 16, 2011 12:55 AM

Oscar de la Hoya.

by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2011 1:58 AM

A slide show of Cristiano Ronaldo with, uh, his cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2011 4:12 AM

I agree that the real shocker would be a NASCAR driver. Not only for the endorsements but they are loved by women and idolized by straight rednecks That would run from a homo driver

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2011 4:27 AM

Could be Jeter.

His marriage to Minka Kelly, which was supposed to happen in the off-season, never did, and he's in training camp starting today.

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2011 6:02 AM

R36 Never saw those pictures, but yhey look gayer than all my gay friends combined.

it'll depend on whether or not it's an american. In europe we don't anythig about american football, baseball or NASCAR. Sports media only follows the NBA

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2011 9:12 AM

Very few people will be surprised or shocked if Cristiano Ronaldo was revealed as gay. He is considered a gay guy by every football fan I know and unfortunately is called a 'faggot' by opposing team's fans in many games he plays. The other Ronaldo, will shock men alot more, the only difficulty with him is that I can't name one product he endorses and will suffer if he comes out, so it might not be him either. I am guessing an American athlete for this one.

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2011 12:52 PM

I don't think it would be such a huge shock if the Brazilian Ronaldo turns out to be gay. Remember, he was caught in a hotel room in Rio with two or three transvestite prostitutes.%0D %0D I'm more inclined to believe he's either Jeter or A Rod. Didn't A Rod date Madonna (after he left is wife), Kate Hudson and now Cameron Diaz?%0D %0D And now Cristino Ronaldo's latest "scandal" is Silvio Berlusconi's family wailing "why isn't he being prosecuted for paying an underage girl for sex, too?"

by Anonymousreply 41February 21, 2011 1:57 PM

It's A-Rod.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2011 2:03 PM

I thought A-Rod's wife divorced him for running around with other women, including Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 43February 21, 2011 2:07 PM

When Ronaldo played for Manchester United his flatmate was said to be his cousin. Why a multi-millionaire needed a flatmate is odd.

by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2011 2:16 PM

He's always has his "cousin" around. He was one of the guys who was at Ronaldo's mansion when three hookers were called for their services. According to one, Ronaldo was strictly a back door guy. He also had a "cousin" with him four or five years ago when some young women accused both of them of rape. Charges were dismissed. Portuguese families are pretty close, but they seem to be together all the time.

by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2011 2:41 PM

R45

His answers when questioned about women are kind of weird too, when he supposedly has had dozens of girlfriends. I saw a documentarya few weeks ago where he said he was with 'someone', but he had already been spotted with his girlfriend, so why using a non-gender specific word.

But the story could be true for them all apparently.

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2011 11:15 AM

R7, Nadal has had a girlfriend for many years.. she travels with him sometimes too!

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2011 11:18 AM

Tony Stewart...seriously.

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2011 11:21 AM

Ronaldo and macho don't really go hand in hand. Ronaldo wears pink flowers in his hair and pink shorts.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2011 11:27 AM

[quote]Tony Stewart...seriously.

Shut up, Julianne Moore!

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2011 12:33 PM

Isn't that ARod? He's dating Cameron Diaz. I mean what other confirmation do you need?

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2011 2:02 PM

David Wright.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2011 2:15 PM

Oh, if only that were true, R52...

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2011 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!