Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vancouver

I'll be going to Vancouver for a week in June. Can anyone give me some must see or do recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 3109/09/2013

anyone?

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2011

Stanley Park is amazing for just about any type activity you have in mind, but what do you normally like to do on your vacations?

I went 11 years ago and stayed at the Listel Vancouver, a nice boutique hotel on Robson Street and would return there again.

Here's a link to Frommer's Vancouver:

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2011

Granville Island Market%0D %0D English Bay%0D %0D Stanley Park%0D %0D Yaletown%0D %0D Gastown%0D %0D The Gay Village (downtown west end)

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2011

Thanks you two! If anyone else can recommend some things, I'd appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2011

If you like nude beaches, check out Wreck Beach.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2011

How are the gaysians?

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2011

Try out the Cactus Club Cafe.

It used to be a cheesy low end chain (think Red Robin or Olive Garden). Then they partnered with Rob Feenie who is a highly regarded chef.

Feenie was available as he had a falling out with his existing partners and got kicked out of his own restaurants, which are both still running without him - Lumiere and the less absurdly overpriced Feenies.

Let us know if you think a chef can run a moderately priced chain of restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2011

I hope you like coffee.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2011

I hope you like hard cider.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2011

Are you athletic OP? Try the Grouse Grind.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2011

Bring lots of money. This place is EXPENSIVE!

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2011

Don't bother with Gastown. There's nothing there and you'll just see homeless people (it borders on the junkie section of town).%0D %0D Walk around Stanley Park. Go on the little boat (False Creek ferries) from English Bay to Granville Island. There is a ferry (Sea bus) you can take to the North Shore. If you like totem poles, go to the UBC Museum of Anthropology. That's it. Bring an umbrella.

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2011

Thank you so much everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1402/13/2011

Drive up to Whistler and take a ferry to Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2011

Whatever you do, OP, do NOT take a ride on the bobsled run.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2011

Victoria is Beautiful. If you take a ferry there, you won't want to return to Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2011

I found the gays in Vancouver, BC very rude and I will never return.

r17, is correct. Victoria is the place to go.

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2011

R7 is a nitwit. Other than having a large asian population, it is nothing like Beijing.

Victoria is very pretty but not too lively - many seniors retire there for the mild climate.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2011

Stay at the Sheraton Wall... next to Gaytown and easy access to the buses to Stanley Island %0D

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2011

Check out east Vancouver. At night.

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2011

Who was that other Canadian chef who was sort of big at the same time as Rob Feenie? I can't remember his name, but I think he was Calgary based. I always thought he was so cute. And I remember a Christmas cooking special (I think Feenie might have been on it, too) where he had on these red long-johns, and let me just say he had quite the nice bulge. A man with a big bulge who can cook you dinner - what more could you want?

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2011

You guys are the best! Actually R20 I'm staying at Club Intrawest. A portion of this trip is business related so accommodations were made for me. Is anyone familiar with this hotel? What's the best means of transportation to get to Victoria? Forgive me if I sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2011

BC Ferries is the best way to get to Victoria. Google it. I'm too lazy.

You can also fly but the ferry ride is quite scenic. You might even see some whales or dolphins.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2011

The ferry ride between Vancouver and Victoria is scenic, more fun than Vancouver and Victoria.%0D %0D Victoria is boring and not that close to Vancouver. Very long by bus - don't know if you will have a car. Another ferry ride you can try is from West Vancouver (Horseshoe Bay) to Bowen Island (a little island). But you might only have time for a walk around Stanley Park and Granville Island (not really an island, just a market area)%0D %0D Your hotel is in-between the downtown area and the "West End" - the gay area.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2011

OP--parts of Victoria (especially Oak Bay) have such a mild climate, windmill palms can grow there.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2011

OP - if you go to Victoria and have time, rent a car and go north up the island. There are some really nice places to see. Go to a place like Ucluelet and go on a whale watching excursion. It's a great trip driving there, and then it's a great trip seeing the whales. Just be prepared for lots of traffic between Victoria and Nanaimo.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2011

I've only been to Canada once. I had to go to Toronto several years ago but it was strictly business. I'm so excited to have some play time on this trip. I've googled Vancouver and you basically get the same info re: tourist attractions. I wanted people's honest opinions (especially like-minded people) and you guys came through. I'm very grateful.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2011

I'm going to Vancouver for a few days and beyond the normal touristy stuff, I want to have some adult playtime. Besides the bathhouses, does anyone know of a site or resource that lists sex parties there?

by Anonymousreply 2909/09/2013

For R29

by Anonymousreply 3009/09/2013

Don't overdo it with the smack.

by Anonymousreply 3109/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.