Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

V

I LOVED that show during the first season and the beginning of the second, but now that they're ruining it with all that "soul" and religious stuff I'm being turned off. What the fuck? All credibility is being lost.%0D %0D Why do so many Americans always have to insert religion everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012

Faith issues are a great and easy resource for conflicts and drama in TV shows. The mainstream public just loves it.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2011

I had high hopes for this second season once I heard that they'd added Jane Badler to the cast, but they've really wasted her so far. I wish they'd give her a bigger role and remember the sense of fun that was part of the original series.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2011

Why do you equate discussions of the soul with "religious stuff"? The concept of the soul has been a major concern of secular philosophers from time immemorial.

The only actual religious stuff is pretty damning against the Catholics: the old priest who accepts the Vs and doesn't want any trouble; the Vatican, with its V spy and its quick capitulation to Anna's extortion threat; and a lone priest, at odds with his church, who is becoming the apparent leader of the Resistance.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2011

This season has been BORING. Even the last episode, you knew that Anna wasn't going to get taken down, but the fact that the writers couldn't even kill off her sidekick was just lame, lame, lame.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2011

Loved the fascist parable of the original series.

This series is just meh. Elizabeth Mitchell is wasted and the writing stinks.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2011

Is it wrong of me to want to see Tyler and his father enjoy a sauna and a shower together?

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2011

Most Americans are religious.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2011

I bailed out a few episodes again.%0D

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2011

Oh, Faye. I wish you were writing the show.

Loved you in the original, girl.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2011

Mubarek had a shot at getting out safely. But now he's endangered himself and the people around him. What a dumb shit. I bet he's been trying to shake down the USA and some other countries and corporate entities. That's probably what the hold up is. He wants compensations and assurances. What a dumb greedy ass. He'll be luck to get out alive.%0D %0D He should wake up Saturday morning and find everyone gone. Dead telephones, nothing working and a huge throng of millions of people sitting silently outside hs palace, making a path for him to walk out in disgrace. That's how I'd stage it, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2011

I thought "V" was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2011

Its episode order was cut down but it hasn't been officially cancelled yet. However it will be when ABC's announcement for the fall season doesn't have V on it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2011

[quote]Is it wrong of me to want to see Tyler and his father enjoy a sauna and a shower together?

Have Father Jack and Joshua watching and it'll be must see tv.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2011

I used to fantasize about Martin and Donovan getting it on.

By the way watched the original tonight and forgot about the lesbian subtext between Christine and Diana.

Also Diana/Badler wasn't in all that many scenes in the first miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 1402/10/2011

[quote]Also Diana/Badler wasn't in all that many scenes in the first miniseries.%0D %0D She wasn't, but she had such a strong screen presence you thought she was in it more than she was. The Powers-That-Be caught on to this and gave Badler a lot more screen time in the second miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 1502/10/2011

Do the male Visitors have human-like penises or some type of reptilian penis?

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2011

DVD for the first season only 12 bucks at amazon.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

They should just adapt the original to a feature film.

by Anonymousreply 1812/29/2012

I would love to see the original re-made as a limited series on HBO. That would be awesome. Probably never going to happen, though.

by Anonymousreply 1912/29/2012

The original consists of two miniseries (excellent) and one season of a regular series (had its moments, but not as good as the miniseries).

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.