Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Burrell

Have we discussed her already? Is she a lesbian icon yet? Who's her girlfriend? My partner (gay male) loves her, says that she's an excellent teacher.

Just checked out her Twotter feed and saw a twit about being at a club and "watching Samantha Ronson DJ." Suspish.

by Anonymousreply 6605/29/2013

I never thought Anne was a vagitarian, but so what? I like her too and maybe a little more if she is a vagin.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2011

I believe she is straight - Time Out NY did a "date a celebrity chef" thing a year or two ago & she participated. Her profile said "Seeks Men".

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2011

I like her more and more everyday.

And, if she's a lesbian, at least she's not a vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2011

Say What!

Burrell's not a lesbian?!

I just assumed she was.

Anyway, she can cook for me anytime.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2011

Her show, secrets of a restaurant chef is too frenetic and crazy to watch. And the cutesy over the top baby talk is grating. It's like she does two huge rails of coke before each show, with the hair to match. And I love how they attempt to femme her up by putting her in a skirt. And wasn't she sued by former female employees of Centro for sexual harrasment? For a lesbian, she certainly hates other women. Or maybe it's just straight women she hates.

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2011

Made a couple of the chicken dishes - cacciatore and scarpiello. Came out freakin' fantastic. Agree that she is sometimes a little grating but gotta give her props for easy dishes that plate like a gourmet restaurant. Took me an hour or so to cook, taste great, and let me show off like I'm a kitchen hotshot.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2011

I like Anne's cooking show. She is one of the few people of the foodnetwork who's cooking style I like. I can deal with her silliness a lot better than those awful Neelies and Deens.

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2011

Do you see how much salt she puts in her dishes??? It can't taste very good, just too salty. As far as her show.. I watched a few but now it's %0D %0D Thank you for coming...

by Anonymousreply 1303/29/2011

My husband loves her, says she is the best teacher of all the Food Network cooks. His cooking has improved significantly since be started watching her. He does say that you have to cut back on the salt in some of her dishes.

by Anonymousreply 1403/30/2011

Who cares who she dates or wants in her personnal life.%0D She is an expert and has such passion for what she does, I wish her nothing but happiness!!%0D Anne.... U ROCK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1704/08/2011

r13%0D The reason why food tastes better in a restaurant is because they actually season food. When we cook at home, most people don't season enough

by Anonymousreply 1904/08/2011

What's with the growling? She growls about her food every so often, along with the baby talk. It's so creepy and phony.

by Anonymousreply 2204/10/2011

Anne is a smoker thus all the salt.

by Anonymousreply 2304/10/2011

I never understand chefs that smoke. Smoking dulls your taste buds.

by Anonymousreply 2404/10/2011

She is incredibly annoying. She's always saying things like "I'm so smart I did ..."%0D %0D And Americans eat far too much salt. Some is fine for most people, but she uses far too much. Other herbs and spices along with onion and garlic can make delicious food with less salt.

by Anonymousreply 2504/10/2011

Anne is a very sexy woman

by Anonymousreply 2608/22/2011

"Her profile said "Seeks Men"."%0D %0D She must be running out of brown food to cook.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2011

[quote]watching Samantha Ronson DJ%0D %0D Wow. That is just sad. Could she be more boring and pathetic?

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2011

Ooooh, look at those cute little lentils!

by Anonymousreply 2908/22/2011

She can be annoying but her recipes are great. How about just adding less salt, bitches? Oh wait, she smokes AND she's a fatty so she's discounted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3008/22/2011

It's been my experience in life that women who like to eat enjoy a lot of other activities (not just sexual - get your mind out of the gutters guys!). Anne is my type of woman; one who likes to eat!

by Anonymousreply 3108/25/2011

I love that Anne admits to liking a lot of salt in her food. I do too although I know it's not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 3208/25/2011

I like her, her holiday meal with the crown pork roast looked fucking delicious. I hate Giada, her food sucks and she is a phony, Ina is too precious and her food isn't all that. I think Anne is the real deal, her food is delicious and she is from Cazenovia, NY, a beautiful little town near Syracuse. A point of pride for me as a native.

by Anonymousreply 3312/22/2011

She is Italian?

Anne does love to cook and her enthusiasm is fun to watch.

She really should have won the Next Iron Chef.

Bullshit arrogant asshole that won wasn't even in the top 5 in the FN polls.

by Anonymousreply 3512/22/2011

I like Anne and appreciate her enthusiasm. And, she showed on NIC that she's got some serious cooking chops.

She lost me a bit when she snarked about Elizabeth Falkner's tuna jerky souffle not being particularly hard, since she's just a pastry chef. Even Falkner tweeted, "WTF?" Anne didn't strike me as nearly that mean-spirited.

I think Falkner (actually an *out* dyke) should've won over Zakarian.

by Anonymousreply 3612/22/2011

She had a point though, Falkner did need to to something besides soufles and ice creams, sorbets etc.

It was a competition, you are going to be bitchy and point out obvious things.

I did not like Falkner either.

I do think a woman should have won, though, I didn't like Falkner and I hate, hate, hate, Guarnischelli.

Anne would have been the preferred choice. The judges showed what COMPLETE food snobs they are when they chose Zac over Ann. Was disappointed that Symon was a snob too.

by Anonymousreply 3712/22/2011

I really have grown to dislike the food channel. Everything I liked about the network some years ago has disappeared and now they have all these fabricated contests with mostly contemptible participants boring me to death.

Anne Burrell is the only FoodTV personality I will watch. All the rest of the food shows I find are on PBS. Too bad, foodtv had a good thing going there for a few years.

Someone should inform Foodtv how bad their interpretation of Iron Chef is. That scarecrow Brown fool could ruin any program with just his scary face. At least the Japanese version had disgusting foods prepared to capture my attention.

Just do some cooking and quit all the phony competition crap.

I believe it all went down hill with the introduction of Paula Dean.

by Anonymousreply 3812/22/2011

OMG, R35. It's like you read my mind. I adore Burrell and she absolutely should have won Iron Chef. I detest the chef who won. He is a total asshole. First of all he never followed the rules. He should have been disqualified from the get go. What's the point in rules if they allow a chef to break them on every episode. If it couldn't have been Burrell it should have been that other female chef, not the one with the short hair who stayed on to the end but that other one who's a judge on Chopped. I can't think of her name.

I watch IC and Chopped but only because there is such a piss poor bunch of crap on TV but I agree with you 38. I started to watch for real cooking shows, not contrived often unfair (as in not making chefs follow the rules as I wrote above) contests. Burrell's is a real cooking show. While Ina and Giada (sp?) are long past their prime at least they too are real cooking shows, but the best ones like Lidia and Sara Moultin, that other female Italian female chef and that used to be chubby but lost a ton of weight Italian chef are all good cooks you can really learn from and all are on PBS. Oh I also love Jacques Pepin and watch old Julia episodes online.

by Anonymousreply 3912/22/2011

Most of Food Network is unwatchable now.

Every. Single. Time. I. Tune. In. It's. The Fucking Chopped. Show.

I hate, that show with a passion.

Either Chopped or that other dreck, Diners, Drive-In's and Dives. Talk about overkill.

The Cooking Channel does have the new, interesting personalities: Lydia, Chuck, that French lady, the Chinese girl, the Spice Goddess, hell, I even watch the Fat Ladies.

The Food Truck show is interesting too, the Foodography is interesting, in the way that Good Eats used to be fascinating.

Even Food Network staple Bobby has jumped ship. His Brunch with Bobby is great.

I love Lidia Bastianich, hers was the first cookbook I EVER bought. She made me want to try to cook.

by Anonymousreply 4012/22/2011

Anne Burrell is so insecure. Her catch phrase is "look at me", and "I'm so smart, I did..." I quit watching her after a couple of shows. She has the worst screen presence of any of the FN chefs. In addition she uses handfuls of salt on her food. It can't taste very good and it is bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 4112/24/2011

Her incessant growling of words makes me pop blood vessels.

by Anonymousreply 4212/24/2011

bumping because I want to learn more about Burrell, if there is any more to know.

by Anonymousreply 4312/25/2011

Why don't we talk more about Cat Cora? I know we've discussed her in the past but not nearly enough. It's weird, if she were ambiguously gay and in the closet we probably wouldn't shut up about her, like Mariska (or whoever the current MH is at the moment).

Anne okay with me. I've become ambivalent about Alex Guarnaschelli, so I need a new 3rd favorite chef (behind CC and Morimoto).

by Anonymousreply 4412/26/2011

She has a partner and has some kids.

She is a teeny, tiny thing, too.

by Anonymousreply 4512/26/2011

[quote]She has a partner and has some kids.

Partner, male or female?

by Anonymousreply 4612/26/2011

female partner

by Anonymousreply 4712/26/2011

R45, are you talking about Cat Cora?

And yeah, I'd like to know more about Cora too.

by Anonymousreply 4812/26/2011

I thought you meant Anne Burrell, R45. Way to confuse people...

by Anonymousreply 4912/26/2011

Who am I?

Use the GOOD vanilla!

by Anonymousreply 5012/26/2011

I was replying to the post right above mine.

In whose world would Anne be described as a "teeny, tiny thing"?????

by Anonymousreply 5112/27/2011

[quote]In whose world would Anne be described as a "teeny, tiny thing"?????

Well, that made me a little suspicious. But is it so hard to write a name?

by Anonymousreply 5212/27/2011

Re: Cat Cora: Of Greek descent, raised in Mississippi. Has a longtime female partner who bore their first child, and then they each had a child close together. They used to live in NoCal, now live in Santa Barbara. If she's taller than 5'2", I'd be surprised.

Oh, and her restaurant in the new Terminal 2 at SFO has some really good food.

by Anonymousreply 5312/27/2011

I hate Anne Burrell.. i laugh like a maniac when she gets booted off every single cooking competition she's on.. she has the WORST cooking habits on earth.. dirt under her nails.. using the same knife to cut up chicken and fruit..! her growling and grunting is obnoxious..does she have Tourettes ? makes you wonder... you couldnt pay me to eat her oversalted food.. the way she have to respect your food..then calls it crud and crap ? no thanks!

by Anonymousreply 5403/11/2012

To quote Anne Burell "thanks for coming" as I turn the channel when her show comes on.

by Anonymousreply 5503/11/2012

In recent episodes, Anne's been wearing a wedding ring... and a thumb ring.

by Anonymousreply 5603/11/2012

On the last episode of [italic]Worst Cooks[/italic] they showed her getting drunk with the Red Team after they won a challenge. She seems like she'd be fun to party with.

by Anonymousreply 5803/21/2012

We are not surprised at the amount of salt and salty seasonings are added to restaurant food. That's why Americans are dying of strokes and heart attacks more and more.

Chefs of America....the killing of your patrons has got to stop!

I don't go to a restaurant after the initial visit if the food is too damn salty..don't car how man Michelin stars it has.

by Anonymousreply 5905/05/2012

Per a HuffPo article, Ted Allen outed her in a recent radio interview.

by Anonymousreply 6005/21/2012

She is amusing to me, very smart, and I LOVE that she is self-confident. It seems as if a lot of people are jealous of her success and are so immature as to make inane remarks.

by Anonymousreply 6106/19/2012

I'm sorry but i can't really come to even respect her in the slightest. She's really a kitchen hack and, to point out in her last episode to one of the contestants had been "sweating in his food" was truly the funniest remark from her yet. Anne, a true heffer in the kitchen is ALWAYS sweating in her food herself...funny she was turned off by this from the other contestant. I don't think she brings anything new/exciting to the food world and additionally, who cares if she is a this supposed to make more unique?

good grief.

by Anonymousreply 6207/07/2012

She just got engaged

by Anonymousreply 6301/04/2013

I don't care if she is gay or not. Her recipes are good, but I have to admit, can only watch her so much. Her strong personna coupled with her baby talk to the food gets very irritating when you watch her every day. Also, having young kids watch her show to learn cooking, her language gets bad sometimes too.

by Anonymousreply 6402/19/2013

R64, you MUST care if someone is gay or not. This is the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 6502/19/2013

I think she does a bunch of coke Same with that guy from Restaurant Stakeout, his eyes are always bugged the hell out and he talks at a million miles an hour

by Anonymousreply 6605/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!