Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Paul Newman

Is/was there any guy more gorgeous? Tennessee W., Gore V. and the like were lucky men, to have enjoyed him in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 13311/22/2012

Gay marriage supporter. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2011

%E2%80%9CI can%E2%80%99t stand that man,%E2%80%9D she [Ava Gardner] said of Paul Newman right off the bat when I first visited her in 1986. %E2%80%9CHe%E2%80%99s one of my unfavorite actors. He%E2%80%99s an egomaniac and so false. He%E2%80%99s %E2%80%98on%E2%80%99 all the time.%E2%80%9D

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2011

That sucks, R2, if it's true. I'm such a fan. I love his politics and support of charities. Why buy other major brands of salsa, etc. (if you're going to buy a major brand) if you can buy Newman's Own.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2011

Gayface

by Anonymousreply 402/06/2011

Did Gore Vidal said he had him? Vidal is knowen for having lied a lot about his so-called "conquests."

by Anonymousreply 502/06/2011

Robert Redford was beautiful early in his career

by Anonymousreply 602/06/2011

Sorry R7 but nothing -- NOTHING -- beats Paul Newman during the 1960's. He had Godlike looks.

by Anonymousreply 702/06/2011

Maybe Ava's comment about him @R2 reflects the fact Paul Newman had no interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 802/06/2011

TCM is showing "The Drowning Pool" today at 6PM EST. Watch for the scene where Paul is trapped in a sauna that is filling up with water and Paul strips down to his boxers.

What a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 908/16/2011

He was gorgeous. Did he ever run for office? If not, why? He was a great man!

by Anonymousreply 1008/16/2011

R5 -- Gore didn't say he "had" Newman, but that he liked him and Joanne a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1108/16/2011

He was not my type until he got older.

by Anonymousreply 1208/16/2011

Sometimes men with boyish looks do not age well, but that was not the case with Newman. Or they don't have sex appeal, which, again, was not the case with Newman.

He was a beautiful man. Gorgeous when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 1308/16/2011

Jason Priestly should have played him in a Biopic while he was still young enough to do so.

by Anonymousreply 1408/16/2011

And a good guy, from all accounts (save Gardner's).%0D %0D Class act all the way.

by Anonymousreply 1508/16/2011

Mmmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 1608/16/2011

My sentiments exactly, #8.

I think Ava wasn't use to any man turning her down and maybe Paul was just classy enough to be one of the few.

Not that I, for one minute think that Paul was a complete boy scout during his 50 year marriage to Joanne.

by Anonymousreply 1708/16/2011

HUD is on Netflix instant play. I'd never seen it before but watched it last week. Wow, what a great film.

by Anonymousreply 1808/16/2011

Meh. Quite short in person, actually.%0D %0D Next.

by Anonymousreply 1908/16/2011

His eyes were what he had going for him. His nose and lips were not in proportion to make him a classic god.

by Anonymousreply 2008/16/2011

r19 = Helen Keller

by Anonymousreply 2108/16/2011

Pretty. But a bit "ethnic" looking for my taste. %0D %0D And frankly, Joanne always struck me as a little mannish.

by Anonymousreply 2208/16/2011

ethnic in what way?

by Anonymousreply 2308/16/2011

[quote]I think Ava wasn't use to any man turning her down and maybe Paul was just classy enough to be one of the few.

Or just gay enough.

by Anonymousreply 2408/16/2011

"Tennessee W., Gore V. and the like were lucky men, to have enjoyed him in his youth."%0D %0D I guess you mean they enjoyed looking at him, because they sure as hell didn't fuck him. And just who is "the like?" Swishy queens?%0D

by Anonymousreply 2508/16/2011

"ethnic in what way?"%0D %0D Jewish

by Anonymousreply 2608/16/2011

R6, Redford has a severe acne condition that messed up his skin something bad, plus a broken nose. The bleach really go out of hand later on. Newman wins, no contest.%0D %0D R2, Ava was a worse alcoholic than Paul, and in very poor health, mental and physical, in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 2708/16/2011

He's a short Jew. %0D %0D When he could (not too drunk) Newman chased women during both of his marriages. Not men, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2808/16/2011

A short jew still counts. RR always had my heart though. He was Hubble

by Anonymousreply 2908/16/2011

[quote]Newman chased women during both of his marriages. %0D %0D He didn't have to chase men. They were always ready for him. No chase needed.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2011

Let us not have a Paul Newman thread without this.

"...it's the point of whether I go for the girls, y'know?"

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2011

As I have posted in here many times - my partner knew Paul Newman very well when he was growing up in Beverly Hills. He says there was never any indication that Paul was gay or bisexual. He and his wife were very close and affectionate. Paul was a family-type guy. If Joanne had heard on a real 'affair' going on she would have shut it down fast.

My partner knew Ava Garner well well and lived with her in London for a while. He knew Sinatra and the whole Rat Pack. We've posted stuff about that in here before.

Who knows about the interview comment. She had had that stroke. Maybe what she said was twisted or something.

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2011

I'd rather do Elliot Gould in his prime, never thought Newman was all dat.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2011

Robert Redford havent even got 1% of Paul Newman looks.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2011

How about a little nebbish, r33?

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2011

I hope you're joking R33.

Paul Newman was never "boyish" R13, not even when he was a boy.

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2011

You "not gay" sayers better take a look at this. Paul may be saying "no" with his lips, but he's saying "yes" with his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2011

I actually met a young guy in Phoenix who was the splitting image of Paul Newman. I told him that (assuming it would be a huge compliment). His response was a sarcastic? "Who?"%0D %0D OMG. Why does God make so many of the pretty ones dumb? All the male beauty going to waste. He had this whiney skinny girlfriend clinging to his blue jeans, which were in serious danger of falling down. If he were gay, he would have been "royalty" with those looks, but he was an Arizona pistol packing good ole boy. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 3808/17/2011

Despite all his hidden from the public eyes sins, he was a true GENTLEMAN. He knew how to be decent and to cover his shit. That is what i call respect to others and it's not hypocritical at all. Paul was the sweetest of all leading male actors and a beautiful soul and man.

by Anonymousreply 3911/21/2012

[quote]"ethnic in what way?" Jewish

Only his father was jewish. His mother was irish.

by Anonymousreply 4011/21/2012

Yes he was pretty, I never had a hard on for him though.

by Anonymousreply 4111/21/2012

R41 i know what you mean. Paul's beauty was almost angelic. You can't have an erection with an angel...

by Anonymousreply 4211/21/2012

In this photo, Paul rocks!

by Anonymousreply 4311/21/2012

Handsome to me but not hot or someone i would fantasize about.

by Anonymousreply 4411/21/2012

I agree with R41 and R42. Everything about him (except his height, but there he was average, not short) seems to be perfect - both beautiful and handsome, gorgeous eyes, perfect lean, defined body with great abs and a lightly hairy chest. And yet... meh. Just does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 4511/21/2012

Are you guys insane? Newman had affairs all through his marriage to Joanne! That is, when he was sober enough, which wasn't often apparently.

He and Ava Gardner should have gotten along great -- both were alcoholic cigarette addicts. Perhaps Paul didn't have the sense of humor Ava did, or was afraid of her. Another booze/smoke addict, Omar Sharif, was a close platonic friend of hers.

by Anonymousreply 4611/21/2012

The sexy version of Paul was Marlon Brando in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 4711/21/2012

R45, 5'8" (and I think he was shorter) is SHORT, not average.

by Anonymousreply 4811/21/2012

Paul was impossibly beautiful, I just love looking at him but like a lot of people have said, he didn't give me the motions. He was almost too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 4911/21/2012

Sorry R48, I thought he was 5'10". IMDB lists him as 5'9-1/2", but I should probably assume that's using an NFL quarterback tape measure.

But in any case, still pretty close to average, especially when Paul was young:

"The average height of men ages 20 to 74 increased from just over 5-foot-8 in 1960 to 5-foot-9 1/2 in 2002... "

But to your point, it's very short compared to the tall men in Hollywood in Newman's youth, 6'6" Clint Walker and Chuck Connors, 6'4" Gardner McKay and Ron Ely and Van Williams, etc.

by Anonymousreply 5011/21/2012

Ok you probably know this already, i just send it for fun.

Brando outs himself and Newman :

'"He never fooled me. Paul Newman had just as many on-location affairs as the rest of us, and he was just as bisexual as I was. But, where I was always getting caught with my pants down, he managed to do it in the dark."

by Anonymousreply 5111/21/2012

On screen, he was a stunningly beautiful man. I never saw him in person. There isn't an actor, other than early Brando, who has come close.

by Anonymousreply 5211/21/2012

R50, easy way to evaluate Newman's height -- he's shorter than Redford who is 5'9 or 5'9 1/2" There was a NY Magazine article on Redford's shortness or a coverup of his shortness in 1974.

Best example of Redford's shortness sensitivity: In the 1977 movie A Bridge Too Far, Redford has 2 scenes with 6' 1" Ryan O'Neal. BOTH scenes were awkwardly shot in CLOSE-UP! That was because Bobby didn't want to look like a munchkin next to O'Neal.

by Anonymousreply 5311/21/2012

Why are you motherfuckers so obsessed with height? Newman wasn't short. Tom Cruise is short. Newman was like 5' 10"-ish. Totally average. And kind of a boring guy, actually. Or in any case, an actor, which is to say, basically uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 5411/21/2012

I seriously doubt Ryan O'Neil was 6'1" unless he shrunk quite a bit. He doesn't look over 5'10" to me.

by Anonymousreply 5511/21/2012

Newman was not 5'10" and neither was Robert Redford. Both are between 5' 7" and 5" 9" at the top. I saw both of them quite frequently up close in the early 1970s. Newman and Woodward had a flat in Turtle Bay (NYC). I watched Redford over a several day period filming the Way We Were in and around Sutton Place. Extemely handsome men, but what I would call small men. Both were so trim, little waists, relatively short, lean that the effect was small. I was a full head taller than both at 6' 3". Newman was so good looking it hurt to look at him. He was the Elizabeth Taylor of his time among men. I saw her too in person. If you think the best looking picture of her you have ever seen looks pretty good, in person she was even more beautiful- her color, her eyes and that perfect nose and mouth.

Yup- some get the goods with the looks.

by Anonymousreply 5611/21/2012

PN was very good looking but cold and because of that I never thought he was sexy. Sorta like Tom Cruise: good looking but cold and unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 5711/21/2012

R54 = 5'3"

by Anonymousreply 5811/21/2012

Verificatia of sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 5911/21/2012

In this photo Paul is unquestionably sexy. Here he has a Brando aura in his look, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 6011/21/2012

That screen test with Dean/Newman is amazing...can you imagine if they'd played brothers in "East of Eden"? (They both have a similar Midwestern look).

by Anonymousreply 6111/21/2012

Yes, that would be grand R61. Wouldn't it also be nice to see Brando and Newman playing the leading roles in the Brokeback Mountain? Brando in his youth and Paul in his youth...rock me!

by Anonymousreply 6211/21/2012

R52

You are right as always.

As age 18 Paul Newman joined the Navy.

The link below is his induction photo.

No photoshop,professional lighting,a stunner.

His beauty was never matched by anyone.

Enjoy, Happy Thansgiving!

Even in black & white: oh those Eyes...

by Anonymousreply 6311/21/2012

R47

Brando does not compare at his best:

in his youth.

Newman at 18, in the Navy.

Stuning perfection.

Enjoy the view.

Must I do everything around here?

by Anonymousreply 6411/21/2012

R7 You are Correct

R27 &other morons.

Military Induction photo at age 18

Demonstrates his height.

6 feet of stunning hotness in The Navy.

Use your Eyes.

Must I teach you how height charts work?

by Anonymousreply 6511/21/2012

R52, R27, R41

Paul Newman was 6 Feet Tall.

The 2nd photo is after he reached full height.

You know how to click to next page, right?

The Navy doesn't use tricks to alter height.

Newman was to die for, look at 2nd photo.

6 Feet of Perfection.

Enjoy The View!!

by Anonymousreply 6611/21/2012

R47, Paul was truly and astonishingly beautiful, i have no doubts about that. He is also one of my favourite male actors and the sweetest of all beautiful leading men. However, nobody was as sexy and as beautiful as Marlon was at his 17-18 and at his 20's. So far, i haven't seen a man that combines beauty and sexiness so beautifully as young Brando did at his youth.

by Anonymousreply 6711/21/2012

R64,Paul was truly and astonishingly beautiful, i have no doubts about that. He is also one of my favourite male actors and the sweetest of all beautiful leading men. However, nobody was as sexy and as beautiful as Marlon was at his 17-18 and at his 20's. So far, i haven't seen a man that combines beauty and sexiness so beautifully as young Brando did at his youth.

by Anonymousreply 6811/21/2012

Here is your treat.

I look for Brando in unretouched

Non studio shot.

Enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 6911/21/2012

I can second all the nice things said about him. I knew him throughout the late 70s and early 80s in the racing community, and he was never "on." Very kind and considerate and wanted to be a regular guy, not singled out or ever given special treatment. Our close friends were neighbors in CT and had the same experience with him over many years.

I've posted here before that Joanne was wonderful too, and the affection they had for each other was genuine and quite obvious.

Re height, I'd say he was about 5'9-10" at that point in his life. Fucking STUNNING in real life... the pics never did him justice. One of the best belly laughs I've ever heard, and a really infectious grin. He was a super mischievous guy!

by Anonymousreply 7111/21/2012

R71 Everyone I know who knew him said he was one helluva guy.

Drank beer, laughed at the publicity. Donated his millions to charity.

Have located Young Marlon Brando's Screen Test For "StreetCar Named Desire".

Enjoy The View. One was an actor.

The other was a magnificent person, all natural

No surprise that some DL peeps prefer the self proclaimed military shirker too "pyscho-neurotic" to do anything other than die an obese reclusive lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 7311/21/2012

Brando was a character with many flaws and Paul, fortunately was not like him to his personal choices. We don't judge the character of Brando and Newman when we speak about their looks. I just remind you that. God, Brando was so perfect and sexy in his youth! Let's omit his character and admit to ourselves that he was more appealing physically than angelic and tender Paul.

by Anonymousreply 7411/21/2012

My mom spent part of a day with Brando when he was young. It was a beach vacation with mutual friends and family. Can't recall the precise year, but IIRC it was when his star was rising, but right before he became very famous. Mom said he was very sullen and acted weird, somewhat anti-social, but incredibly beautiful and magnetically sexy.

by Anonymousreply 7511/21/2012

R74 Compare the photos

I have located Marlon's Screen test for "Streetcar Named Desire".

Marlon was superbly sexy in that role. Helped with lighting, makeup, editing, etc.

Both great actors.

Photos don't lie. Enjoy the view. Like everyone else I am trying to develop a "pyscho-neurotic condition" that pre-empts any required attendance at horrible Thanksgiving Family Dinner.

One relative has a A SAG CARD. I'd rather try bath salts, it cannot be as crazy as dealing with my family en masse.

by Anonymousreply 7611/21/2012

I have read many biographies of Brando and i can assure you that from what i read i gathered he was a very difficult character and that he hurt a lot of people with his attitude. He had a really pretty rough childhood and he was hurt by his mother. His mother was drinking when he was a child and a teenager and many times he had to search for her when she didn't return home for the night. His father was also strict with his family but a womanizer. Many times he was away for 'business trips' but all knew what was going on. Marlon was feeling very close to his mother because she made him love art and acting and he and his sisters were distant with their unfairly demanding father. His mother was a very special and eccentric woman and she managed to quit drinking but she did that after Marlon won his independence and he was a successful young actor. From what i read, i felt that Brando was deeply hurt by his mother because he adored her and many times he had to found her in a deplorable condition and even with other men. However, he always was affected by her opinion in matters of the art and he even tried to make her live with him when he was a promising young man in the theater. She refused his offer and that hurt him even more. That made him grew cold against her and against many other women as it seems but he never stopped loving her. He grew really sick inside but he had such a magnetism!

by Anonymousreply 7711/21/2012

Photos up shirtless of Paul Newman,as well as James Dean. And your beloved neurotic self obsessed Marlon.

Marlon once cattily snarked that James Dean was wearing his wardrobe as well as his acting talent FROM LAST YEAR.

You look & decide.

James Dean was smoking hot,unique,gone too soon

Marlon was a jealous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7811/21/2012

In "Cat on a hot tin roof" we get to see the most beautiful humans ever: Paul and Liz at their prime

by Anonymousreply 7911/21/2012

James Dean met Marlon Brando once and told him how much he admired him and his acting style. On IMDB, it says that "according to Marlon Brando, Dean would often call him, leaving messages with Brando's answering service. Brando would sometimes listen, silently, as Dean instructed the service to have Brando call back. Brando, disturbed that Dean was copying his life-style (motorcyle, bongo drums) and acting techniques, did not return his calls. The two met at least three times: on the set of East of Eden (1955); on the set of Desirée(1954) and at a party, where Brando took Dean aside and told him he had emotional problems that required psychiatric attention." It was James Dean that was obsessed with Brando, not the opposite. When someone is mimicking you, well that is annoying and you have a right to feel somehow bitter or pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 8011/21/2012

Agreed r79.

by Anonymousreply 8111/21/2012

R80 Here's Marlon on Marlon: "I have eyes like those of a dead pig." Why worship a false god.

He was cruel to James Dean.

Jealous of him. James was always asking everyone to help him. Until he finally did kill himself. Marlon was special in his nastiness.

Others tried to actually aid James. James Dean was an original: his eyes ere not of a dead pig.

He was lost,frightened,compulsive,sexually acting out,needy. I love him: wish he could have made it out alive. RIP Photos up shirtless & smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 8211/21/2012

Paul Newman was handsome, but yes he was very short. By some accounts, he auditioned for a Munchkin role in Wizard of Oz and was turn away for not being tall enough

by Anonymousreply 8311/21/2012

I am from Shaker Hts., Ohio, Paul Newman's home town. He was already a huge star by the time I was born, but his childhood family home wasn't to far from me. Inthink he must have gone to junior high in the same building that I attended for elementary school. Anyway, a couple years before he got sick, he showed up at the front door of the home where he grew up, now owned by a doctor and his wife, rang the bell,. The couple were floored to see Paul New an standing there. They knew this had been his childhood home, but never expected him to show up!!!!! He asked if he could come in and look around. He took these people for a tour through their own home, telling them stories about the house, his boyhood. He showed them which bedroom had been his and where he used to hide his cigarettes from his parents. I think I recalled that he even stayed for lunch. The doc and his wife had the time of their lives He asked if he could come back someday, he wanted tomshowmthe house to his daughter. I don't think he ever came back.

Could someone start a thread about celebrities from Cleveland??? There are so many, and I know so many stories,,,,Paul Newman, Joel Grey, Debra Winger, Bob Hope, Lewis Wasserman, Barry Youngfellow, Beverly Sills (she lived in Cleveland, before she was famous), Mike Douglas, so many people and I know some good stories, I. Some cases juicy ones. I have some Cleveland Connected stories about Barbara Striesdand singing at. Bowling alley here, Dick Martin, his wife and Frank Sinatra-interesting threesome, Elvis, Shondir Birns, Danny Greene-I heard the explosion. I knew the late Bill Randall, some are stories he told me.

by Anonymousreply 8411/21/2012

Indiscreet, do you know any good gossip on the Sam Sheppard case?

by Anonymousreply 8511/21/2012

Please drive safely.

Have added infamous James Dean PSA

On Safe Driving as Thanksgiving does cause

Some to drink.

Paul Newman & James were concerned about

harm to others.

Scott Newman died of a drug overdose. James died of recklessness compounded by speed. Brando dies obese, reclusive & still mean. Stay safe out there

Your Own M2

Been to many a holiday traffic fatality.

by Anonymousreply 8611/21/2012

Or view all the photo fun plus the PSA Driving Advice from James Dean in 1 place.

Now that is irony: James Dean on Safe Driving.

by Anonymousreply 8711/21/2012

Lol R82. James Dean was indeed very talented and sexy. We don't disagree on that. I have also read many biographies of Dean, cause i find him interesting and enigmatic. From what i read, i found out that Dean was stuck up with people who didn't adore him and he could be very impolite and unkind to them. Dean also was a kind of a male whore. He took advantage of some wealthy men and then he had the audacity to speak derogatory about them later. How hypocritical though... Dean also was very stingy with money and when one of his friends asked him once to borrow him some he refused to by making a not so elegant comment. He was not famous when he refused to lend money to his friend but he could help at least a bit. That friend of Dean by the way helped him with his rent and many times he was helpful to James. On the contrary, Marlon might have been a pig in many aspects of his life, but he was not stingy with money. He could be helpful to his friends economically despite the fact that he was an impossible character. In fact, i believe that Marlon fell in love with some of his women but James did not. He had an intimate affair with a female dancer but i doubt that he fell in love with her. He just felt close to her in friendly terms and he just slept with her for sometime but it was not love from what i gathered but a need to feel loved. Now, as it comes to Pier Angeli, 'the greatest love' of Dean, many people who knew James support that it was manufactured from the press. It was a romance but not the greatest love of all. Dean didn't have enough time with her, he was not emotionally available for her. He had many sexual encounters with many men and women and he was so self-absorbed and so stingy and young when he died. Maybe if he had more time, he might have been more decent or a better person than beastly Marlon. But when he died he was troubled and emotionally immature. He was passionate, moving, sexy and most promising but he hadn't reached love with a person just only the idea of love. I agree that he was more artistic than Brando, however Brando was more solid than him. At least, James was sending some money to his family (uncle,aunt and little cousin) though, i must say that.

by Anonymousreply 8811/21/2012

R88 Lol right back at you.

James Byron Dean died too young to make $$$

Who knows what would have happened?

More Marlon: "Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse. It's a bum's life…The principal benefit acting has afforded me is the money to pay for my psychoanalysis."

James didn't die rich. Kid only made 3 films.

More Marlon: "An actor's a guy who, if you ain't talking about him, he ain't listening."

Pick your own poison, it is a free country. All of them are alive only on film.

And in our memories.

All male actors are nutballs. The better looking, the more crazy. DL knows this is THE TRUTH.....

Today's feature is hot shirtless photos along with James Deans's Driving Safety Advice.

by Anonymousreply 8911/21/2012

R88 One final photo treat to get DL thru

Thanksgiving.

Believe you will recognize photo of not

progeny of Paul Newman.

Young,blond: turquoise blue eyes to die for.

Hard bodied from tennis career.

Protegy of David Foster Wallace.

From private collection not available to public.

by Anonymousreply 9011/21/2012

R89 you are so sweet about James Dean, i don't have the heart to contradict your love about your idol. In fact, i find it amusing that you try to excuse Dean's erratic behavior. When i read all those stuff about James, i didn't hate him or stop admiring him as an artist, however i noticed his frailties and weaknesses. He had many of them as his idol Marlon Brando. Dean was brilliant as a young actor,sure he was. But as a human being, he could be spiteful and indecent unlike generous and mindful Paul Newman. By the way he didn't die poor as you implied. He was in the market and very popular the time he left world. I don't want to degrade him in your eyes with all this comments i write about him. I happen to like him a lot. I just want you to see that his death made him even more appealing than he already was and gave him a touch of tragedy which made him an eternal symbol. Death helped him to be an image. He died young and at his most beautiful, he didn't have to stand the test of time like Brando or Newman.

by Anonymousreply 9111/21/2012

*these comments

by Anonymousreply 9211/21/2012

Getting back to Paul, is there anything to the rumors that have circulated about him and Robert R? A pal used to hear them when he lived in Westport, CT some years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9311/21/2012

R93, i have read about these rumors too. Yes they do exist, however i don't know if they are more than rumors. Sorry...

by Anonymousreply 9411/21/2012

Whoa wait...what do you mean by 'he heard them'? He heard these rumors or he heard them banging each other? Pardon my French...

by Anonymousreply 9511/21/2012

R89 James Dean isn't my idol.

Would never be seen in public with a male actor

Have already stated good looking male actors are crazy: all of them.

Paul Newman cheated on his wives.

James Dean was hot mess.

Marlon had so many wives & kids that ended in disaster it take too much time to go over that saga.

Photo fun now includes today only world's most admired protege of the Late David Foster Wallace. Now you are talking about hot something that I have a lot of photos of, lol...

by Anonymousreply 9611/21/2012

I think Newman was the most handsome & desirable man ever. It occurred to me reading this thread how much he resembled another beautiful man - Jack Kerouac's friend Neal Cassiday (sp?).

by Anonymousreply 9711/21/2012

Lol, ok YourM2. I pass. You won! :)

by Anonymousreply 9811/21/2012

Hmm, interesting observation R97. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 9911/21/2012

Paul was the blue-eyed angel...He could be naughty but he was protective of his fame and of his wife. He didn't let her know if he was a cheater, he was very affectionate and giving to her.

...and now gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen i have to log off. Nice convo we had. Take care. Bye~

by Anonymousreply 10011/21/2012

* his second wife

Hehe...ciao!

by Anonymousreply 10111/21/2012

Paul Newman is OK as an actor, but I tend to like his wife's movies better (Joanne Woodward) and she may be perhaps a better actress than he was an actor. He never did anything much for me sexually for some reason, maybe it was partly that we were all supposed to regard him as such and I wasn't going to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 10211/21/2012

But Brando was very good to his Wally.

Here's Wally Cox on "What's My Line" doing a hilarious impersonation of Brando.

Cox just so darn adorable here. They must have had a lot of fun together.

by Anonymousreply 10311/21/2012

That's a nice clip, R103. Thanks for posting. Wally Cox reminds me of Joseph Gordon-Levitt a little bit.

It's hard to believe that Brando was a jerk, when you consider that he was always a true, devoted friend to Cox.

by Anonymousreply 10411/21/2012

R104

People are complicated. Hard to believe that James Dean did a PSA

To Warn Others To Drive Safely. He did, though....

That is Today's Message: How to Get Through Thanksgiving Family Event.

by Anonymousreply 10511/21/2012

In "Dropping Names," Frank Langella is critical of Paul Newman, finding him a dullard. He does acknowledge Newman's great beauty, though, and seems to attribute Newman's dullness in part to his looks (which, he points out, was benefitted through the years by "strategic" plastic surgery).

by Anonymousreply 10611/21/2012

Birthday card from Paul to Gore

by Anonymousreply 10711/21/2012

R107

Everyone makes mistakes.

Cute pic though.

Paul did take the time to write by hand.

Did his own skating in Slapshot.

Hockey Fans Still Revere Him.

by Anonymousreply 10811/22/2012

R106

Frank Langella can't skate.

He did sit next to me once at the theatre.

Also, FL is not in a position to bitch about anybody.

Children today know him as the guy who played "Skeletor" in 1987 Film Comic Classic: "Master of The Universe".

It wasn't about Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 10911/22/2012

M2, you are exhausting.

I was once in a play Newman directed, and I can tell you that at the time - he must have been in his forties - he was no shorter than 5 '9".

by Anonymousreply 11011/22/2012

I was at a performance of the Royal Ballet in LA in about 1963 or '64 (watching Rudolf Nuryev (!) and Margot Fonteyn). I was sitting in a box to the right of the stage. Suddenly I saw Paul N. and Joanne W. get up and leave--I guess to beat the crowds. They were not far away so I got a very good look at them. I remember being struck by how short he was--not much taller than Joanne. I would have said 5'7" or 5'8" at the most. I had never even known he was short before that, so it was very surprising to me. It was hard to decide who to watch at that moment--Nuryev on the stage or Paul Newman exiting. Someone definitely tweaked that army induction photo of him.

Oh yeah, I also almost knocked Redford down while I was driving my car into a parking lot in West LA about 20 years ago. (Not on purpose!) My impression was that he was not more than about 5'10" max, maybe 5'9". I did have quite a good look at him as he was walking to his car. Even then, his face was very lined and weatherbeaten by the way. I guess he would have been in his 50s??

by Anonymousreply 11111/22/2012

Friend used to keep in his freezer a condom with Paul Newman's cum in it. It was a momento of a 3-way he had had with Newman, himself and some other guy.

Paul obviously wanted to protect wee wifey from mansex diseases which back then were hepatitis, the clap, syphilis and crabs.

by Anonymousreply 11211/22/2012

Condoms don't protect you from crabs. Or hepatitis.

by Anonymousreply 11311/22/2012

Doesn't get more handsome then in Cat on a hot tin roof. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 11511/22/2012

HE SMOKED, NOW HE'S DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 11611/22/2012

OMFG will someone PLEASE ban this fucking M troll? It is not even entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 11711/22/2012

I thought M was sticking to her own threads that she had taken over (Thomas Roberts and another one). Why is she here too?

by Anonymousreply 11811/22/2012

A 'funny' photo with Paul , Liz and...

by Anonymousreply 11911/22/2012

R112, whoa!! Details, please!!

by Anonymousreply 12011/22/2012

New Faces to admire as well as hot bods.

Paul Newman still Rules:

Matt Bomer means Drools

Alex Skarsgaard young & cute: OMG.

Alex alone in bed with you: you are welcome.

Henry Cavill of New Superman Reboot: Please give him a chance to grow on you.

Frank Langella Fans: Whatever flaots your boat Happy Thanksgiving Survival Guide: Stay Safe

by Anonymousreply 12111/22/2012

I wish DL had an "Ignore" feature

by Anonymousreply 12211/22/2012

R122, we are not here to ignore, but to be open about our views.

by Anonymousreply 12311/22/2012

No one, not even Paul Newman himself, ever suggested he was 6 foot tall. If he was over 5'9", Redford must have been wearing heals.

by Anonymousreply 12411/22/2012

[120] No further details, unfortunately. When I last heard, he was suffering from dementia.

Anyway, friend's party joke was having you over for dinner where everyone would smoke a lot of pot and drink glass after glass of wine. Then, he tell you to close your eyes and stick out your tongue. He's put the frozen condom on your tongue and you'd have to guess what it was.

Friend was very aristo and related to Sunny von Bulow.

by Anonymousreply 12511/22/2012

Ok, this photo with Paul and Joanne might be very popular, but i'll send it cause i love it.

by Anonymousreply 12611/22/2012

R126

Aw, Great shot.

Paul now joined by Colton Haynes, shirtless.

Young Skarsgaard in Zoolander.

Young Skarsgaard just plain cute beyond belief

Enjoy the view.

by Anonymousreply 12711/22/2012

Fan of Stellan Skarsgaard, Stellan is a great actor, however his son Alexander is much more handsome than his father, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 12811/22/2012

R51, that was from Darwin Porter, who has a very poor reputation for honesty.

by Anonymousreply 12911/22/2012

I believe R110, R111 and Charlie about Newman's height. They were there. The photo could have been doctored.

by Anonymousreply 13011/22/2012

Godammit the man was fine.Just do yourself/selfs a favour and watch Cat on a hot tin roof.Wonderful film and Jesus was Paul beautiful in it.The whole cast,including Elizabeth Taylor, outdid themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13111/22/2012

Darling, r130, if you stood in the foreground of that image, even all 5'4" of you would look 6 foot.

Paul Newman = 5'7" or 5'8. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 13211/22/2012

R128

Great photo here of father & son Skarsgård

Stellan was fantastic in 2000 Film "Aberdeen".

You will fall in love with him.

His son is mad hot looking.

by Anonymousreply 13311/22/2012
Need more help? Click Here.