Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone here watch Fringe?

I'm in love with Peter, of course, but Walter and Olivia are fun too.

by Anonymousreply 32511/25/2013

I rarely get freaked out by anything on TV but that bone-dissolving scene at the start of tonight's episode was freaking freaky.

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2011

Best SF show on TV.%0D %0D It's brilliant. Great acting.%0D

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2011

I love the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2011

Looks like next week we're going back to the other universe. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2011

Damn, I forgot they moved it to Friday

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2011

LOVE it, and with the recent ratings bump since moving to Friday, it will probably be renewed for a fourth season!

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2011

Tonight's episode left me "meh."

So out of nowhere, we are told the machine is based on which Olivia Peter will chose? Why? Because the books they searched for tell them that? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2011

Loved last night's episode. Thought it was great. %0D %0D Okay, the final couple of minutes was a bit contrived, but the episode great overall.%0D %0D Glad to hear the ratings are holding.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 802/05/2011

I keep hearing that this show starts bad but gets really good. Does it get that good? Is it BSG and Firefly good?

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2011

Yeah, I really don't understand this whole thing with the machine. They keep saying it's somehow connected to Peter's emotions/vibrations but they've never explained WHY.

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2011

Fringe did start out bad. I almost dropped it several times before it got good. I don't remember exactly WHEN it got good though, but it was at least six episodes in. But it got REALLY good, and it's probably my most anticipated TV show right now. Best thing on TV at the moment. Very worth the effort, even if you don't like it at first. Just persevere, and your patience will be rewarded.%0D %0D I don't think it's FireFly good though. But it's about as good as Network TV gets these days.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2011

I don't need the answer right away, R12. But no one on the show seems to wonder how or why the first people built a machine attuned to someone who wouldn't exist for millions of years. I guess I'm just a little nervous that with no one on the show asking the question, the answer might never actually come.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2011

My fear at first was "This is the 'LOST' guy." I didn't trust him. But this is so much better than LOST. Even if it starts to get stupid, it'll be worth the trip. %0D %0D The way the relationships have grown and blended has been outstanding and the stories are just fun. Savage and tragic at times, but fun and interesting. So far it's all held together. %0D %0D I'm a little worried about this turn, but hopefully it'll work out. Even if it doesn't, it will be worth the ride.

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2011

Did they rebuild the Rambaldi device again?

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2011

The head of prgraming for Fox, is tweeting for fans to keep watching the show.%0D %0D Never a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2011

I still watch. This weeks episode was pretty good. And we get a major peek - apparently Peter still thinks about the OTHER Olivia.

That and what Sam said to Nina, that it all depended on who Peter chose.

by Anonymousreply 1702/05/2011

I will say, there is a soap opera piece to Fringe that I like. The Walter/Peter dynamic, the Olivia/Walter dynamic, and now the Olivia/Peter/Fauxlivia dynamic.%0D %0D Looks like Fauxlivia is gonna find out she's on the wrong side. I wonder where she'll run?%0D %0D I worried when they moved it to Friday, it was on its way out. Ala Ugly Betty.

by Anonymousreply 1802/05/2011

I've watched through season two. I'm strangely drawn to Blair Brown as Nina Sharpe.

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2011

In fact, that's why I think they call that corporation Massive Dynamic because there are so many dynamics in the story and someone likes word play.

by Anonymousreply 2002/05/2011

I think I'll wait to see if it's cancelled and ends on some horrible cliffhanger before I get into it.%0D %0D There was a show I read about called 'Odyssey 5' that was supposedly really good but ends with absolutely nothing resolved and I just can't make myself watch it even if what is there is great.

by Anonymousreply 2102/05/2011

Odyssey Five was a great concept. It's sad nobody picked it up after the first season.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2202/05/2011

I love this show. It's grown so much. It took a season or two to really find it's groove. They've found the perfect blend of monster of the week storylines and the ongoing storylines. Bishop turned into such a great character. They all have such great chemistry now, even Ana, who I think is the worst actor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2302/06/2011

Which Bishop? Peter or Walter? I think they're both great.

by Anonymousreply 2402/06/2011

The actor who plays Bishop deserves an Emmy. The episode with Peter Weller was particularly amazing. The last minute of that episode hit me like a ton of bricks. Just fucking beautiful writing, and amazing, AMAZING acting.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2502/06/2011

Walter.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2602/06/2011

"Just fucking beautiful writing..."%0D %0D If it's the exact opposite of yours, we'll be in business, R25.

by Anonymousreply 2702/06/2011

too slow-moving for me; occasional wild FX scenes. I watch it occasionally.

love the whole WTC wasn't bombed in the other world concept, though.

by Anonymousreply 2802/06/2011

Aw, R27, why you gotta be like that?%0D

by Anonymousreply 2902/06/2011

Because I'm vaguely evil, R29.

by Anonymousreply 3002/06/2011

I love Walter and Astrid. She is so cute when she's dealing with him.

by Anonymousreply 3102/06/2011

I wasn't a big fan of the Olivia/FauxLivia switch. I'm glad everyone is back in their proper universe.

by Anonymousreply 3202/06/2011

Fauxlivia's alternate universe boyfriend is super hot... makes me wonder why she'd fall for Peter.%0D %0D Lucky bitch gets to sleep with BOTH of them?%0D %0D Fuck her. Fuck her right in the ear.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3302/06/2011

I find the whole Olivia arc this season fascinating. There have been doppelganger stories done before, but I can't recall any that explored the emotional effect of having someone take over your life and then leave it behind so you have to deal with the fallout. I'm really loving Anna Torv this season and I don't think she gets enough credit for the excellent job she's been doing in both roles.

by Anonymousreply 3402/06/2011

What can I say, R33? I gets me a lot o' cock.

by Anonymousreply 3502/06/2011

I also like how it's affecting Peter, R34. I've felt so sorry for him and the excellent way they're exploring the feelings on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 3602/06/2011

Joshua Jackson has to be the most talent-free, charisma-free lump of an actor of all time. Bland looks and doughy body as well. Whoever hired him for this was obviously a Dawson fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 3702/07/2011

No Pacey tonight in the Red Credits Dimension, or whatever they call it.

I have to give props to Torv. She's both likeable and unlikeable in different ways as different Olivias... she's got the characters down and fleshed out. I think she's doing some fine acting this season.

Charlie referred to spiders being in his blood when they visited that scientist - is that something we saw in a RCD episode, or just banter they made up? They gave that lady scientist a lot of lines for someone who isn't really involved in the story... yet? Or is she someone we've seen on the other side at Massive Dynamics?

I'm glad for the thing that happened near the end; it'll make the Peter's Choice aspect make a little more sense.

by Anonymousreply 3802/12/2011

Anna Torv is a terrific actress. I'm so pleased Fringe is giving her some real challenges at last.

I watched her through drama school, and she was knockout as all of the following: old Queen Margaret in Richard III, the lead in Plenty, and a cigarette girl who fed the comic in a vaudeville show. She looked like a star from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 3902/12/2011

As a native to the Boston area, it does irritate me whenever they make errors referring to various locales around town. Like saying the Old State House is in Cambridge. Love the show though.

by Anonymousreply 4002/12/2011

Worship me, gays... I am the goddess of your idolatry.

by Anonymousreply 4102/12/2011

I love Joshua Jackson. He has an understated charm that comes out in unexpected ways. When I first saw him, I was unimpressed, but once I saw him in action, I was sold. I find him very attractive now. %0D %0D I was a little disappointed in the preggo twist although I agree it's made his decision much harder. But surely Fauxlivia is shrewd enough to us birth control when she's on a slut assignment. And it's a bit trite, too. %0D %0D I do remember something about the spider thing but I think I need to Netflix the past seasons and refamiliarize myself with things.

by Anonymousreply 4202/12/2011

Joshua Jackson is stealth sexy. Nice bubble butt on display in Americano.

by Anonymousreply 4302/12/2011

When they first went to the other side, and we saw the dead-on-our-side guy alive and well, they were talking about the bugs in his blood. In fact, they reference it almost every episode they've had on that side where he is featured.%0D %0D We've never gotten any details about it, really. Just the result of some past incident. He has to take medications to "keep them in check" so he doesn't die. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4402/12/2011

Great episode, I thought.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2011

R40: Or when they allegedly are in Boston and they film in what is obviously Back Bay Station as Boston Bay Station.

Meanwhile it's all shot in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2011

I love the credits for 1980s Fringe, but I thought this week's episode a little weird. Why would neither adult Peter nor adult Olivia remember meeting each other under such unusual circumstances when they were young? At least she should remember "Dr. Walter."

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2011

R47, it's all about repression.%0D %0D We know why Walter doesn't remember the events. We saw why Peter doesn't... the way he gave in and accepted what he knew was a lie. Olivia is obviously a very damaged and abused girl. We know very well that abused children can completely repress memories of that abuse, and we've already seen that Olivia doesn't remember much or most of what was done to her as a child.%0D %0D I thought it was a brilliant and daring episode. The best part was that we finally saw how Walternate figured out where his son went... that was amazing.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2011

Well I can understand why his mom in this world killed herself. What pressure the kid (appropriately) put on her. That kid actor is really good. Really intense and subtle. I would have had to tell him the truth.%0D %0D The depiction of Peter and Olivia's abuse at Walter's hands was outstanding. The Olivia kid was good too. How can everybody not be watching this show?%0D %0D Loved the figuring it out by Walternate too R48.

by Anonymousreply 4902/27/2011

Think about it though -- I didn't even realize this until it was point ed out to me -- what OTHER network primtime show has done an ENTIRE episode in flash-back (no framing device at all), with only ONE regular cast member present?%0D %0D Loved the 80's opening titles too.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5002/27/2011

Loved their mention of Joust. I adored Joust. And Walter has a Betamax. Fun.

by Anonymousreply 5102/27/2011

Heh. I still play Joust on my XBox 360 :-)%0D

by Anonymousreply 5202/27/2011

So... anyone remember the episode with Peter Weller as a time traveler? Remember the white tulip?%0D %0D Interesting use of white tulips in this week's episode.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5302/27/2011

All I remember is how hard it was to keep your flyer high in the air. The website says they rode ostriches. I always thought they were dragons.

by Anonymousreply 5402/27/2011

Oh yeah. That was such a sweet moment, when he opened that envelope.

by Anonymousreply 5502/27/2011

I love how the little dyke gets to go butch in Alterna-world.

by Anonymousreply 5602/27/2011

For our poster who is wondering about why Peter and Olivia can't remember each other. ET's take.%0D %0D [quote] Here%E2%80%99s my current theory: Remember how William Bell extracted memories out of Walter%E2%80%99s head? %0D %0D [quote]I think Bell performed similar mnemonic lobotomies on Olivia and Peter, as well. The clue: That video footage of Walter trying to trigger Olivia%E2%80%99s latent abilities. Do you remember for whom Walter was making those videos? William Bell. We heard Bishop ask his former partner if he would review the tapes and look for things in Olivia he might missing. I think Bell did see something, something he could needed to utilize or exploit, be it for righteous or self-serving purposes, and doing so required mind-wiping Olivia and Peter.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5703/12/2011

The Adjustment Bureau bad guys seem an awful lot like the Observers on Fringe.%0D %0D Limitless has a lot of elements of Chuck. %0D %0D Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5803/13/2011

I try watching this show on occasion, and it seems interesting, but apparently one of those shows where you have to watch it from the beginning or you will have no clue what is going on. Do they ever have any standalone episodes, like the X-Files did, or does everything tie into some larger plot?

by Anonymousreply 5903/13/2011

I'm pretty sure they advance the overall story arc in every episode at least a little.

by Anonymousreply 6003/13/2011

Tonight: Olivian channeling William Bell is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6103/18/2011

Fringe aka Pacey goes X-Files.

by Anonymousreply 6203/18/2011

I LOVE Livia doing Leonard Nimoy. So is she now Oliviabell?

by Anonymousreply 6303/22/2011

Fringe was renewed today for a full fourth season! This is wonderful news for fans of the show.

by Anonymousreply 6403/24/2011

Renewal story:

by Anonymousreply 6503/24/2011

Fringe being renewed best news I've heard all week. Anna channeling Leonard is hilarious. How did anyone keep a straight face? Especially when Olivia/Bell mooted recruiting Astrid to milk her/him.

Hey - it's sci fi.

by Anonymousreply 6603/24/2011

Please let them put L&O:SVU out of its and our misery.

Devolution is so not entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 6703/24/2011

Yes!! They better make it good. This may be their last season unless they blow it out of the water. %0D %0D Don't drop the ball Fringe writers. Most fun on TV these days fer shure.

by Anonymousreply 6803/24/2011

Love the reference to Travis Bickle...followed by a mention of coppola...love how in the other world Coppola directed "Taxi Driver", not Scorsese.

I love those kinds of silly illusions. I didn't notice any others last night, although I'm sure they were there.

by Anonymousreply 6903/26/2011

In the other universe, "The West Wing" was still on (there was an add for the 12th season), and Opus the comic is not a penguin by a pea-hen (and is still being published: "Opus the Peahen" was seen in a sunday color comics shot).%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7003/26/2011

I finally saw the latest. I was surprised when I found myself glad that Fauxlivia didn't die in childbirth. I like that I'm interested in her and Lincoln's story and the way the two other world guys interact. I love the taxi driver too. It's fun that the other world has people to care about too. They aren't just red shirts.%0D %0D Now I'm even more excited about next season because it's obvious that they are building up to a nice mystery and now we will actually get to see what will happen. What is Walternet up to? Will the Observers step in? Will Walter get his brain bits back? What about the child? Why don't Peter and Olivia remember each other? LOVE IT.

by Anonymousreply 7103/27/2011

[quote]Walternet

It's "Walternate," as in, "alternate Walter."

by Anonymousreply 7203/27/2011

Sorry. I did know that. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 7303/27/2011

I to loved Olivia channeling Bell and glad that the other Olivia didn't die.

I was thinking Walternate knew that Fauxlivia would terminate her pregnancy because she had that disease and experimented on her to save the baby, his grandchild. Maybe he thinks that his grandson will have the same abilities as his son to work the machine?

I too care about the people in the other universe. It was also fun to see the other "Lincoln" he was cute as a nerd.

LOVE THAT FRINGE HAS BEEN RENEWED!

by Anonymousreply 7403/27/2011

Actually, Walternate stated that without Peter in their universe, the Peterspawn would make a good substitute.%0D %0D I guess Fauxlivia doesn't know the machine will kill whoever operates it.

by Anonymousreply 7503/27/2011

Wow, R75, I must have missed that. They are setting up quite a battle aren't they? I'm thinking that each of the "twin" sets (Lincoln the soldier/Lincoln nerd, Olivia/Fauxlivia, Astrid soldier/Astrid Waltersitter) may fight side by side at some point in the future. Even evil scientist asst/goofy scientist asst might as well.

by Anonymousreply 7603/27/2011

[quote]Why would neither adult Peter nor adult Olivia remember meeting each other under such unusual circumstances when they were young? At least she should remember "Dr. Walter."%0D %0D I'm rewatching the second season. In the episode "Jacksonville" Walter is trying to help Olivia see the glimmer that identifies an object or person as being from the other world. They had taught her to do that in the past. %0D %0D They visit her childhood "schoolhouse" where Walter and Bell did their experiments. It is the same as the one we saw in the recent ep, only it has aged. She looks around and says, "I have a freakishly good memory. I remember everything. Not this. There's just nothing that's familiar." Peter says "Maybe that's a good thing." %0D %0D Then Walter gives her Cortexiphan (or whatever)and takes Olivia on a hypnotic journey into some woods. She finds a little girl who tells her she is Olive. Scary scene here. Olivia wakes up but still can't see the shimmer. She finally gets frightened and sees the shimmer around a building that will be destroyed and saves the day. %0D %0D This didn't just come out of the blue. They set it up. I remember this ep, but not the significance of her inability to remember her past. Looking back at it made it a much better episode.

by Anonymousreply 7704/03/2011

Can someone recap this season for me?

Why are there three universes now?

by Anonymousreply 7804/06/2011

I love nerdy Lincoln of our universe. Is he supposed to be gay? He seemed totally enamored with Peter.

by Anonymousreply 7904/06/2011

R78, no, just two.%0D %0D And R79, totally! I wish!%0D

by Anonymousreply 8004/06/2011

Great new episode this week! I especially enjoyed seeing most of the characters done up as cartoons. Also fun seeing Broyles trip out.

Did anyone else watch?

by Anonymousreply 8104/16/2011

I haven't seen it yet. Going to watch in a about an hour. I'm glad to hear it was good. I find Broyles a very magnetic character.

by Anonymousreply 8204/16/2011

Really?%0D %0D I'm a big Fringe fan, and I thought it was the weakest, lamest episode yet.%0D %0D It made the whole "Bell comes back" plot line seem to be completely pointless.%0D %0D I found it quite disappointing. Almost a shark-jumping moment.%0D

by Anonymousreply 8304/16/2011

I'm watching it now. The cartoons make me think of Jonny Quest. It's fun seeing the characters in a new light. Loved Walter thinking "How wonderful." It also reminded me of a video game.%0D %0D It's very much a self-referencing ep which can be tedious, but I like it. I like how Fringe will try just about anything. %0D %0D Peter knowing the adult Olivia wasn't the real her almost made me cry. (I know MARY!) But she wanted that so much after the confusion with Fauxlivia.%0D %0D I don't know if Belly is gone or not. Him being there allowed Peter to prove himself to Liv. But I'm sure there was more to this. Just have to wait and see. All in all, a fun and unique episode.%0D %0D The ending was rather . . . concerning.

by Anonymousreply 8404/17/2011

The season is gearing up for a fantastic finale. It was interesting how the eppy switched back and forth between both worlds throughout the entire episode.

I think the alt Charlie and Lincoln are going to find out what happened to alt Olivia and attempt a rescue. I hope so, anyway. I also hope that they expose Walternate to the world for what he did to their national hero, Broyles (if they find out about it, that is)

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 8504/23/2011

Watching it tonight. I'm excited. I'll post then.

by Anonymousreply 8604/23/2011

Walter made me cry. When he grabbed the doctor/orderly, I teared up.%0D %0D Who knew I would like Fauxlivia? I hope you're right about a rescue.%0D %0D At least Walternate's behavior is understandable. Evil, but understandable. LOVE the use of DNA instead of sacrificing either Peter or his kid.%0D %0D Nice to see Sam out of the bowling alley. He's hot out of that stupid shirt. Can't wait to see how he fits in.%0D %0D I CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK.

by Anonymousreply 8704/23/2011

altbump

by Anonymousreply 8804/24/2011

A great episode, after last week's (for me) total dud.%0D %0D I still feel like the whole "Bell comes back" plot was a complete waste of time.%0D %0D I guess it had the side effect of getting Peter and Olivia together, finally. But it seemed a very strange way to get there.%0D %0D So anyway, I can't believe there's only two more episodes!%0D

by Anonymousreply 8904/24/2011

But there's a whole fourth season ahead, R89. YAY.

by Anonymousreply 9004/24/2011

You have to know that when one character tells another character that they love them and it's only the third season, that they are going to be separated somehow.

by Anonymousreply 9104/29/2011

The whole "Sam" thing strikes me as lazy and under-written. He's a convenient "narrator", "all-knowing", and deus ex machina...%0D %0D But on the other hand, in spite of that whole Sam/"The First" stuff that is under-developed and feels like a cheap lazy writer's way out of corners... the direction it's going in looks awesome.%0D

by Anonymousreply 9204/30/2011

I can't wait for the finale...

by Anonymousreply 9304/30/2011

I like Sam a lot more now that he's out of that disgusting looking bowling shirt.%0D %0D Mixed feelings, R92? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 9404/30/2011

Interesting write-up (and some interesting comments):

by Anonymousreply 9505/01/2011

Thanks R95. It was interesting but the comments make me nervous about the future. The writer is correct about the personal moments being the most important part of Fringe. He's also right about the limitations of having only three to work with. %0D %0D I hated LOST. Sorry. Just had to say that.

by Anonymousreply 9605/01/2011

For those of you who are salivating at the thought of watching this Friday's season finale, here's a trailer put together by Fox for the upcoming episode. It's cool how they made it look like a movie trailer.

There's some crazy shit coming up!

by Anonymousreply 9705/03/2011

Thanks, R97, looks very cool!

by Anonymousreply 9805/03/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 9905/03/2011

Wow...now THAT was what a season finale is all about!

Now, both universes are bridged at Liberty Island but Peter never existed...it looks like it's time for the Observers to make themselves available to help.

I wonder if Peter ended up in a third universe and his story will be trying to get back to his own next season?

God, I love this show! Lots of speculation to ponder for the next 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 10005/06/2011

I was shocked at how many Observers there were at the end. Do we know where the Observers come from, and why they are observing our world only? We never see them in the alternate world, do we?

Poor Brad Dourif just disappeared after 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 10105/06/2011

But... if Peter never existed... how did all of this get started?%0D %0D I can only assume this is a temporary state of affairs... or did the actor who plays Peter want out? (why would he?)%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10205/06/2011

The episode works as a season or series finale. Given that it was on the bubble up until 2/3rds through the season I think they plotted out the year well with contingencies.

Enjoyed the episode and didn't see any of it coming.

by Anonymousreply 10305/07/2011

An interview with the producers here answers a few questions, like (duh) Josh Jackson will indeed be in the 4th season, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 10405/07/2011

The Observers were seen meeting outside a movie theater in the alternate universe where one of them just saw Back to the Future starring Eric Stoltz.

They can move freely between realities and back & forth in time.

Did anyone else check out all the new things mentioned during the credits; things that are most likely commonplace in the year 2026?

by Anonymousreply 10505/07/2011

Interesting summation of the finale:

by Anonymousreply 10605/07/2011

I WANT MY PETER BACK.%0D %0D Okay, I realize how that sounds, but seriously. I have finally watched the finale and I'm seriously unhappy. I know now that Peter will come back, but I hate that he's kind of gone. %0D %0D I totally agree with 106's link. Fantastic and frustrating, brilliant and stupid. But I have to love it. All of them in one room, all at once. And all those Observers. WTF?%0D %0D And I loved Astrid's wig.

by Anonymousreply 10705/08/2011

[quote]Poor Brad Dourif just disappeared after 20 minutes.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 10805/09/2011

Here's a great interview with the producers of Fringe on the season finale and what's in store for season 4.

by Anonymousreply 10905/12/2011

I just started watching the Fringe DVDs and saw the 40s-style episode in Season 2. I kept looking at Anna Torv trying to figure out who she reminded me of and it finally came to me ... Brenda Dickson herself! Something about her eyes, mouth, and plumper looking cheeks.

(The original, not the DL-wannabe.)

by Anonymousreply 11006/08/2011

Bumping because it's almost time for the new season, and to say fuck you to the cunts who won't nominate John Noble for an Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 11109/15/2011

I cannot wait for next Friday! There have been very few truly great scifi shows...this is one of them (and the only great one currently airing). I like Torchwood, but that's like comparing SVU to Breaking Bad. Torchwood is good for lite entertainment but Fringe is satisfying on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 11209/17/2011

Bump for tonight!!

by Anonymousreply 11309/23/2011

YAY! "Our" Lincoln Lee is joining the team!

by Anonymousreply 11409/24/2011

I feel it was a great start for the 4th season. It was interesting how Peter kept winking in and out of existence in several scenes. And Olivia and Walter mentioning something missing in their life leads right up to his reappearance.

Good for September not completely eliminating Peter from time as per his instructions by his superior(?). I figure, since he interfered with Peter's existence when he was a boy, why shouldn't he interfere with it when he is a man? The only thing I'm uncertain of is how the other characters will react to him once he returns to "Earth Prime".

I'm still very interested to see what led Walter to pass through to the alternate earth since Peter never existed. I guess if P. died over here and Walter tried to get his double to bring back, his double dies over there, as well. That must be what started the whole "worlds" war.

Great eppy!

by Anonymousreply 11509/24/2011

[quote]I guess if P. died over here and Walter tried to get his double to bring back, his double dies over there, as well. That must be what started the whole "worlds" war.

I'm not sure I understand this. If Peter never existed, Walter could never have tried to rescue him from the other side. So I don't know why they went to war...

I was wondering why they blame the holes in the universes on that one Observer, the one who helped Walter and Peter when they fell through the ice, when it really wasn't his fault. He helped them *after* Walter had torn the first hole in the universe(s?), which is what started all of this in the first (green credits universe) timeline.

Also, in the last episode of last season, Peter says *he* has torn holes in both timelines and had them intersect in the room with the machine. If Peter never existed, that wouldn't have happened either.

Also, where do William Bell and Molly Dodd fit into this new world?

I am glad they added Lincoln Lee to the cast, and I'm looking forward to how they address these new questions.

by Anonymousreply 11609/24/2011

Actually it was the observer's fault. After his Peter died, Walter took to watching Walternate through the "window" as he worked on a cure for the other Peter. Just as his formula was about to work Walternate was interrupted by the Observer who came to watch what was supposed to be an important moment. With his back turned to his experiment he didn't see that for a brief moment his formula turned the right color, meaning that he was on the right track. When he turned back to it he saw that it had turned the same color as all his other failed formulas.

Realizing that Walternate was just like him in that after one attempt failed he would move on to another without looking back, Walter started working on the cure himself. After perfecting it, he planned to cross over just long enough to give Peter the cure. Just as he was about to go through the "door" to the other universe Nina tried to tackle him, Walter fell through the door and the vial containing the cure was smashed. That left Walter no choice but to bring Peter back to his lab in our universe to cure him.

by Anonymousreply 11709/24/2011

[quote]Just as his formula was about to work Walternate was interrupted by the Observer who came to watch what was supposed to be an important moment.

Oh, okay. I must've missed that or forgotten, thanks for the reminder. But I'm still not sure why Walter went over in this new, revised timeline. I assume if there was never a Peter on this side, there was never a Peter on the other side, young or old...

by Anonymousreply 11809/24/2011

Actually, R118, I believe that Peter did live on both sides but died of his rare disease before a cure could be created in time. When the Observer, September, went to meet his boss at the restaurant, his boss told him that they can never know that the "boy grew up to be a man", intimating that Peter did exist as a boy but never grew up.

Maybe Walter did try to go to the other earth to cure the other Peter but was unsuccessful, or something to that effect. That would explain the continuing animosity between the Walters even after Peter winked out of existence in last season's cliff-hanger ending.

by Anonymousreply 11909/24/2011

Bump for new episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 12009/30/2011

Is it just me, or was the title sequence different last night than it usually was?

by Anonymousreply 12110/01/2011

This week's episode was pretty awesome, actually. Great acting on the part of the serial killer guy.

by Anonymousreply 12210/01/2011

I think the title sequence is supposed to be amber colored this season.

by Anonymousreply 12310/01/2011

My spouse and I are watching Fringe on dvd and are about 5 episodes from the season 1 finale. I want to stick with it (because I bought season 2 on blu-ray for cheap), but he is not loving it so far. Please tell me it is worth sticking to.....

by Anonymousreply 12410/01/2011

R124, your investement in the lame first season pays off. The finale of the first season is when the show really kicks in and finds its groove. Your mind will be blown, and it just gets better and better.

by Anonymousreply 12510/01/2011

Where is Fauxlivia's baby?

I never thought I'd miss Pacey so much.

by Anonymousreply 12610/01/2011

R126, things are sort of confusing right now because we're in an alternate timeline.

People who were dead before are alive now, and I think vice-versa. All of history has been reweritten without Peter.

by Anonymousreply 12710/01/2011

Last night's episode was an all time low in the ratings.

This show is finished.

by Anonymousreply 12810/01/2011

It wasn't guarenteed to get THIS season. I hope they let it at least finish out the season, and bring it to a decent resolution.

by Anonymousreply 12910/01/2011

I miss Peter. They need to get him back ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 13010/11/2011

This week's episode is all about Peter!

by Anonymousreply 13110/11/2011

Good! I'm watching last weeks because I had to record it. It's making me miss him lots. Love the new little kid.

by Anonymousreply 13210/11/2011

Walter is making me cry. He's so good.

by Anonymousreply 13310/11/2011

He seriously deserves a ton of Emmy's for his work on Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 13410/12/2011

Agree! This will probably be the last season, unfortunately. I hope they bring it to some kind of end.

by Anonymousreply 13510/12/2011

SyFy should pick up Fringe, it's perfect for them.

by Anonymousreply 13610/14/2011

Decent episode, but mostly it was 'set up'.

Walter was brilliant as always.

by Anonymousreply 13710/14/2011

Fringe is one of the most well written, well acted shows currently on television. Due to the fact that it's on Fox, the ratings are considerably lower than they would be if it were on one of the major three networks. Despite that, I am one of the core Fringe viewers that are glued to their sets every Friday night at 9 and tonight, I was totally enthralled with the show, especially when I knew that Peter materialized in Reiden Lake, where he "originally died" in this altered reality.

I'm not happy about waiting two weeks for the next episode, though. I wants me Peter!

by Anonymousreply 13810/14/2011

[quote] Maybe Walter did try to go to the other earth to cure the other Peter but was unsuccessful, or something to that effect.

R118, R119, Walter in this universe found a viewer that let him see Walter and family in the other universe. Both Peters were dying. Walter in this universe did not find a cure before his Peter (lol) died, but he did find a cure. He was watching alternate Walter also try to find a cure whilst alternate Peter was dying. Our Walter wanted to get a message to alternate Walter but he couldn't, so he went to the alternate universe and kidnapped alternate Peter and brought him here.

Alternate Peter would have died if he didn't cure him, but Alternate Walter hates our Walter for taking Alternate Peter from him.

by Anonymousreply 13910/14/2011

That's in the original timeline.

In both time lines, on the way back, the ice-broke and both Walter and Peter fell into the ice.

In the original timeline, the watcher rescued peter.

In this timeline, he didn't, and peter drowned.

by Anonymousreply 14010/15/2011

Damn, R140, I forgot about that. As my old pop used to say, "you can't tell the players without a scorecard."

by Anonymousreply 14110/15/2011

Yeah, it's been a bit confusing. In the original timeline, I think the alt-Broyles is dead, but he's alive now.

There are several people who are dead in the alt timeline who are alive now, and vice-versa. It's been pretty interesting.

It makes me wonder if/who the timelines are going to be repaired. At some point either everything we knew before is truly lost (never happened), or everything we've seen seeing so far this season will reset and have never happened.

by Anonymousreply 14210/15/2011

Great write-up of last night's episode:

by Anonymousreply 14310/15/2011

I still LOVE this show, but the timelines are so fucked, I don't see how they get us back to where they used to be.

The ratings were down again last night. I hope the writers have some type of endgame, because unless it's picked up by a cable channel, I'm still thinking this is the last season.

by Anonymousreply 14410/15/2011

Peter!!

How weird would it be to have no one know who you are. Love the looks he's giving everyone. Walter, as usual, steals the show. Love the Michael Jackson rig he's using to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 14511/04/2011

Peter is so fucking hot:

by Anonymousreply 14611/04/2011

[quote]SyFy should pick up Fringe, it's perfect for them.

SyFy is pretty much out of the scripted drama game.

More schlocky reality crap is on the way.

by Anonymousreply 14711/04/2011

Ooops, wrong link. Peter Bishop is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 14811/04/2011

Agreed, R148. And he has a quirky charm that seduces me. So glad he's back.

by Anonymousreply 14911/04/2011

Fringe was good tonight. But I want things back the way they were quicker. I hate Walter ignoring Peter and Olivia giving him that comrade in arms smile and bouncing out the door with no regrets.

I also want this show renewed and I'm afraid it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 15011/12/2011

Sad episode. Mr. Nowhere Man was good. Completely forgettable and yet he made it easy to understand his misery.

by Anonymousreply 15111/18/2011

So Fringe returns appropriately on Friday the thirteenth. About freaking time. In the mean time, Fox is trying to decide what to do. And it doesn't sound good folks.

Actually, I'm surprised they're even trying to decide. They admit they lose money on the show. Still, would be wonderful if they'd go for another season.

by Anonymousreply 15201/08/2012

I want to know how they're going to get back to the 'real' universe. This parallel one without Peter is actually kind of annoying.

by Anonymousreply 15301/09/2012

It is the "real" universe. The reason they don't remember Peter is because he was erased from existence by the Watchers. The Watcher was fixing his mistake of saving Peter in the water.

I'm pretty sure one of those rogue Watchers is going to want to change it back. Probably the one who rescued him in the first place. But who knows? I know what you mean. Walter and Peter's relationship was the best thing about the show and now Walter keeps freaking out and running away and being mean and I don't like it either.

by Anonymousreply 15401/09/2012

Well no, this is the universe in which Peter never existed. I prefer the timeline where he did, for many reasons. And I think it's clear the watcher who saved him is "undoing" his fix... he purposely failed to complete the erasing of Peter from this timeline, and now Peter is back, though a stranger to everyone he knew.

In this timeline/universe, people who were dead (in both universes) are a live again, and vice-versa. Things are REALLY different, and it's a bit confusing to keep all the different backstories in line and corherent in my head. I have to keep reminding myself that what I know about that person no longer applies. It's a bit too much.

I hope they wrap this up in a way that is satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 15501/09/2012

I don't agree that they're in a different universe, but it's so convoluted, I could be wrong. Anyway, EW has a story on the possible fifth season. They say some really cool stuff is coming up. Good to hear, but it might be too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 15601/09/2012

[quote]In this timeline/universe, people who were dead (in both universes) are a live again, and vice-versa.

Like who? Peter's the only character we've seen reappear, and the only one dead in both universes is William Bell (and he's still dead in both).

by Anonymousreply 15701/09/2012

I'm glad to see that alternate Broyles is back alive since he was so good to Olivia. I wonder if Peter being erased helped or hurt his son. That was such a good episode.

However. If they don't solve this "It's a Wonderful Life" conundrum with Peter soon, I'll scream. The happy home scene was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 15801/13/2012

I've got to say, Fringe can really do the poignant family moments. Peter and his Mom. Awwww.

And Fauxlivia is being offered an interesting fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 15901/13/2012

EEEK! I want next week NOW!

by Anonymousreply 16001/13/2012

Sorry, 158, but it was revealed in last night's episode that the alternate Broyles is a shapeshifter who obviously killed the real Broyles and took his place as a mole in the Fringe Division. So, it appears that the alternate Broyles is dead in both alternate universes...if that makes any sense to any viewer who understands the plot lines playing out this season.

by Anonymousreply 16101/14/2012

Hmm. I must have missed a scene. I'll have to rewatch it and catch up.

by Anonymousreply 16201/14/2012

if they are trying to make viewers heads hurt with this, they're kind of getting there

but this weeks episode was so good. Peter's Mon! Evil Walternate! Fauxlivia getting involved now in the whole thing.

i dont know how they can wrap it all up and not get cancelled too early.....

by Anonymousreply 16301/14/2012

Despite rumors that this season may be the last, read the following optomistic posting from Spoilertv.com:

Peter Roth, one of the heads over at Warner Bros who actually produce the show, said this after the recent Winter TCA 2012 press tour.

“We have no plans to give viewers closure this season because we expect the series to continue.”

Finally something positive for us Fringe fans after all the recent negativity about our show being cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 16401/14/2012

Yay R164.

by Anonymousreply 16501/14/2012

[quote]Like who? Peter's the only character we've seen reappear, and the only one dead in both universes is William Bell (and he's still dead in both).

Before Peter was erased, Broyles was killed in the alternate universe.

But as someone else mentioned the alternate Broyles that is alive now seems to be a shapeshifter, but still, his plotline and history are very different.

by Anonymousreply 16601/14/2012

Finally watched the new episode... and wow. This show is so fucking good. Love the "holy shit" moment at the end.

Though if they were going to end the series, the "Olivia must die" ending up dead would certainly be an END to the series.

by Anonymousreply 16701/14/2012

I agree... John Noble deserves an Emmy:

by Anonymousreply 16801/15/2012

Fringe was good tonight. It's interesting to me how the writers make us feel Peter's pain in some interesting ways. Tonight we find out Walter never got the picture of the white lily. One of my favorite episodes. I felt a pang.

by Anonymousreply 16901/21/2012

Tonight's episode was excellent! Every scene had my riveted attention, especially the surprise at the end (which wasn't really much of a surprise). However, finding out that Nina Sharp is really in league with this wacko scientist who developed the advanced shapeshifters was more than i expected. I wonder what the injections she's giving Olivia are doing to her?

It was also great to see Peter being accepted as a member of this alternate Fringe team. Although I was upset that the Broylesshifter was there at every scene where something important was being revealed. Felt very sorry for all the people in the ER that were murdered by that shapshifting doctor bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17001/21/2012

So I wonder if the Nina who is shooting Olivia up is Alternina or the one who's cooking her soup. It's nice to have our heroes one big happy fam again, but it's not Peter's fam. Not really. And I miss them.

Previews look good. Walter reacting to Alterastrid. "I think I love her." Cute.

by Anonymousreply 17101/27/2012

Exactly, R169. It's touches like that, that make this show exceptional.

I shall miss it when it's gone.

by Anonymousreply 17201/30/2012

Every season this show just gets better and better! Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the ratings don't show that. Didn't I heard that the head of Fox wants to cancel the show to save money?

As much as I love the whole team coming together, I miss the real world version of all of them! And I think Seth Gabel is such a great addition to the show.

I forget, what is Jared Harris's motivation to make shape-shifters again?

by Anonymousreply 17301/30/2012

So any ideas on how that evil guy came back from being cut in two?

by Anonymousreply 17401/31/2012

Will this show continue on another network?

I'm gonna be BEYOND pissed if Fox cancels it, and there is no ending!

by Anonymousreply 17501/31/2012

The show costs more to produce than it earns in revenue.

by Anonymousreply 17601/31/2012

jared harris came back as he didnt get cut in two in this timeline

and he did mad men....

i just LOVED the walter and alterna-mrs reunion. they really know how to do the poignant in the middle of the chaos

by Anonymousreply 17701/31/2012

February 3rd's episode with the Astrids meeting each other should win an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 17802/03/2012

They were both so adorable. And everyone was getting along, which was fun for a change, lately. Very enjoyable episode. And a welcome advance of the plot at the end.

by Anonymousreply 17902/03/2012

I agree, a really great episode. The Astrids meeting each other was just wonderful.

Amazing handshake... no idea how they did that.

I agree. Some Emmy worthy stuff. Such a brilliant show.

I will never understand why this show isn't more watched, appreciated, and recognized. I think it's the best thing on broadcast TV.

by Anonymousreply 18002/05/2012

the woman who plays Astrid really brought her A game. I think she's done the best of all the main characters of creating two truly distinctive versions of herself through her acting choices. Most of the other stars relied on the character differences to differentiate between the worlds, inside of making divergent acting choices.

by Anonymousreply 18102/05/2012

Astrid is portrayed by Jasika Nicole, an out lesbian. She indeed was wonderful on this week's episode. The lie she told AltAstrid about her father in order to bond even further with AltAstrid was another in a long line of unexpected personal and emotional touches this show does so well. It truly is great television.

by Anonymousreply 18202/05/2012

Completely agreed, R182. I hope she's recognized for that. At least nominated for something.

by Anonymousreply 18302/05/2012

I'm a bit confused. This season we are watching completely different incarnations of Walter, Olivia, etc, right? Then why in the past episode was Walter still being rude to Fake Olivia? Did she pretend to be Real Olivia in this reality as well?

by Anonymousreply 18402/07/2012

Obviously. Most things are the same. Some things are different.

by Anonymousreply 18502/07/2012

WOW! What a great pair of scenes for an opening.

by Anonymousreply 18602/10/2012

Crappenjammers! This is scary.

by Anonymousreply 18702/10/2012

First Fringe in a while that I'm going to have to watch again. YOWZA!!

by Anonymousreply 18802/10/2012

When this show focuses on its three central characters, it rarely misfires. Tonight's episode was no exception. I look forward to seeing how they explain Olivia's new memories.

by Anonymousreply 18902/10/2012

Obviously Peter IS home. This is the "Wonderful Life" effect. What would happen to these people if Peter died as a child and these folks never had him as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 19002/10/2012

Did anyone catch the appearance of the observer in last night's episode?

Check it out at the link.

by Anonymousreply 19102/11/2012

Cool. I didn't see that.

by Anonymousreply 19202/11/2012

So we find more out about the Observers next week. This was a good ep too. For a moment when Walter got that look on his face, that he was going to remember something. And which Nina is who? I'm confused and intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 19302/17/2012

For a moment when Walter got that look on his face, [bold]I thought[/bold] that he was going to remember something.

by Anonymousreply 19402/17/2012

The last scene totally blew my tiny little mind.

by Anonymousreply 19502/17/2012

Awesome as always, and next week's looks even better.

by Anonymousreply 19602/18/2012

[bold]Classic Fringe Themes That Last Night’s Episode Gave New Life To[/bold]

One of the real pleasures of watching Fringe is seeing the same themes and ideas brought up again and again, in new and interesting ways. Over time, these themes start to reveal more surprising facets, and you glimpse a greater meaning to the show.

When people look back at Fringe in the years to come, they won't remember the mysteries or the plot devices — they'll think about the characters and the thematic territory the show kept exploring. Last night's episode was a perfect example of this, giving us a brand new look at the bedrock themes of Fringe.

Spoilers ahead...

In a nutshell, last night's episode had an "A" plot about an apparently schizophrenic young man who recounts a home invasion and murder as it happens — and it turns out that he is linked in a kind of hive mind with a gang of creepy Funny Games-style murder boys. And meanwhile, in the "B" plot, Walter figures out why Olivia's remembering stuff from the "original" timeline... and finds that a vial of Cortexiphan is alarmingly tasty.

(continued)

by Anonymousreply 19702/19/2012

So here are the classic Fringe themes that jumped out at us from last night's outing, "A Better Human Being":

[bold]Madness is knowledge[/bold]

Walter Bishop, of course, has always been the standard-bearer for the idea that madness and forbidden knowledge go hand in hand. But last night's episode gave us Sean, who's been in a mental institution for seven years because he hears voices — which turn out to be real. The episode gives us a nice fake-out, because at first we believe that Sean is directing the home-invaders, rather than just verbalizing their thoughts. And Walter, the great advocate of self-medication, actually advocates that Sean should go off his meds, letting the madness in.

[bold]People can choose to be human[/bold]

After we discover that Sean is part of a hive mind with a group of genetically modified kids, we sort of expect him to turn nasty. Especially after he goes off his meds, it seems like he's about to join in the group killing spree — but the reason Sean checked himself into the institution in the first place was because he's somehow different than the other GM kids. He's appalled at the things the voices are saying, and he wants to be human.

[bold]The remorseful mad scientist who just wanted children[/bold]

Fringe is full of mad scientists, who try to play god for sympathetic reasons. And quite often they wind up feeling remorseful, and realizing that there are certain things that people are not meant to toy with, etc. But also, as last night's episode made clear, the mad scientist principle is about reproduction. It's about perpetuating yourself, both because of ego and because everybody wants to leave something behind in his or her own image. It's hardly a surprise when we find out that not only did Dr. Owen Frank genetically modify the kids to give them quasi-telepathic powers, he's also the mystery sperm donor. (Rule of thumb: Whenever there's an unscrupulous fertility doctor and a mystery sperm donor, they're always the same person.) Because mad scientists always want, deep down, to have children.

[bold]Olivia has thoughts that are not her own[/bold]

Poor Olivia. When she's not having John Scott in her head, she's having Fauxlivia's memories implanted in her. Olivia is like the poster girl for having someone else in your head — and yet, she always manages to be Olivia. And once again, Anna Torv does a great job conveying the weirdness of having multiple versions of reality in your head all at once. Like the items below, this one is perhaps more of a "motif" than a "theme" — but it does get at themes of identity and how we construct our selves out of contradictory, tangled memories.

[bold]Olivia is a guinea pig[/bold]

If Olivia Dunham was any more of a guinea pig, she'd need a liberty ball to get around. It turns out her memories of the "wrong" timeline have nothing to do with her visit to the dimension-straddling town of Westfield, and everything to do with Nina Sharp's evil experiments on her. Once again, Olivia's being dosed with massive amounts of Cortexiphan, as Walter finally deduces. (It strikes me that the whole last couple years of Fringe have been a gambit to complicate the Peter-Olivia romance by throwing more and more bizarre obstacles in their path.) I'm really glad that the two dangling plotlines (Olivia getting Nina-related migraines, Olivia remembering stuff) turn out to be connected.

[bold]Peter is just a love pawn[/bold]

It's so cute watching Peter try to figure out how to cope with the latest permutation of his "wrong Olivia" romance situation. Because he already screwed up with Fauxlivia, and he doesn't want to betray "his" Olivia again. But in the end, he's like, whatevs, might as well love the Olivia you're with. Until she vanishes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 19802/19/2012

(continued)

What was new, though, was the heroic, badass Walter/Lincoln team up. I really hope this is the beginning of the Walter/Lincoln partnership — much was made of the awesomeness of Lincoln and Peter teaming up a while ago, but for some reason the Lincoln/Walter team-up was even more fantastic. Maybe just because Walter was genuinely, full-on pissed that somebody (other than him) had been experimenting on Olivia, and Lincoln backs him up. The bit where Nina is like "Just let me make a few phone calls," and Lincoln smacks her down, was really special. (Also great: When Walter thinks Peter has somehow influenced Olivia to start remembering his version of events, and Walter starts giving Peter the stink-eye.) I kind of want a spin-off where Walter and Lincoln go around smacking bad guys and taking names.

So in the end, we discover the not-entirely-startling truth: Nina's a shapeshifter, and the real Nina is tied up someplace... where the kidnapped Olivia is now prisoner as well. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

by Anonymousreply 19902/19/2012

Nice! Thanks R 197.

by Anonymousreply 20002/19/2012

So, the "Observer" reveal was less than the build-up made it seem it would be.

by Anonymousreply 20102/24/2012

Still loved it.

Loving Olivia "Carrie"-ing out.

by Anonymousreply 20202/24/2012

Okay, I'm kind of disappointed in his determination to get back to his real Olivia now having to do with a baby and her being the "only madonna".

The Observer reveal was kind of a dud too, but I didn't mind that so much because it totally makes sense. I'll miss ole September.

by Anonymousreply 20302/24/2012

This week's episode seemed like it was laying the groundwork for the rest of the season instead of really accomplishing much in a standalone episode. Between Olivia learning how to use her powers again and some more information on Jones and Nina, the tidbits tossed out tonight merely whetted my appetite for the final eight episodes.

by Anonymousreply 20402/24/2012

Only 8? I hope it gets renewed.

by Anonymousreply 20502/24/2012

Sad that Fringe wasn't on last night. TWOP listed ten shows that should be saved. The only one I'm concerned with is Fringe. Hope they save it.

by Anonymousreply 20603/03/2012

It is the best show on TV. I missed it this week. Any week without Fringe isn't as good as a week WITH it.

by Anonymousreply 20703/04/2012

Well, it's about time. A new Fringe tonight.

by Anonymousreply 20803/23/2012

A good episode. The reveal at the end wasn't surprising... it was exactly what I was thinking was going on for the last several episodes in fact... but it was still done in a cool way.

by Anonymousreply 20903/23/2012

Wahhhhhhhhh. Loved it. Now I guess we shift into "get the big bad" of this season.

Any news on Fringe being cancelled or saved?

by Anonymousreply 21003/23/2012

Astro! My waffle iron has blown its fuse!

by Anonymousreply 21103/23/2012

No one's said anything, but I don't see how it can be renewed. It's been in the range of 3-4million viewers. Maybe if another network picked it up -- like Syfy maybe or even Netflix -- that seems unlikely too though.

by Anonymousreply 21203/23/2012

The show raises an interesting question: if something changes the timeline, and that changes YOU significantly... to the point where you have no memory of your old self... would you knowingly allow the time-line to be repaired, knowing it would wipe out everything you know of yourself, restoring you and your life back to something you don't understand? Even knowing your existince now is a mistake?

by Anonymousreply 21303/24/2012

The producers have now said that there are discussions regarding a 13-week season next year. They have also said that if there is no resolution to the series on television, that they would create a series of graphic novels to complete the story.

They would also like to bring back Kirk Acevedo as he is a fan favorite which would mean more on the alternate universe.

The cast wants back; they love the characters.

And it is in the producers' interests to get the show close to the 100-epi syndication mark.

by Anonymousreply 21403/24/2012

"He fell right into her vagenda!"

by Anonymousreply 21503/24/2012

Loved Walter and the birthday presents and Peter's reaction.

Lincoln again impresses in his sadness over losing Olivia. Astrid is just so adorable every week it's amazing. Love her.

The mutations are back and getting more of a story. Could the Observer telling Olivia she had to die be his way of saying she'd forget her current self and revert to her older, or as she says, better, self?

by Anonymousreply 21603/31/2012

That does make some sense, R216, but it doesn't explain the man on the blimp in the cartoon episode who said he was the one that would kill Olivia Dunham.

I expect we'll be seeing him again before season's end.

by Anonymousreply 21704/01/2012

Sorry to see Fauxlincoln go. I liked looking at both of them. Interesting that the other world is healing and now the people from our world are considered heroes as opposed to traitors.

I wonder what happened to Alternateastrid and what she had to tell Shapeshifter Broyles. She looked like she either had him figured out or that she was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 21804/06/2012

AltAstrid told AltBroyles that AltLincoln was dead. That is why she had that glum look on her face.

Since AltLincoln is now dead, that opens the door for original universe Lincoln to fall in love with AltOlivia since original Olivia is now back with Peter.

It's too bad AltLincoln had to die. The scene where the two Lincoln Tyrone Lees were comparing histories was a wonderful character bonding scene - something this show does so well.

I could care less what sort of cases or mysteries or adventures these characters have as I tune in for their interactions with each other. I have grown to love each and every one of them. It's such a shame that more people aren't watching this wonderful show.

by Anonymousreply 21904/06/2012

I agree. The character interaction is the best thing about this show. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 22004/06/2012

Didn't anyone else get the impression that AltLincoln did not die at all but in order to out the mole in the Fringe Division (AltBroyles) his death was faked for him to go undercover and find out who it is? It isn't normal for such a dramatic death to happen off screen as it did last night. It somehow just doesn't ring true for me.

What do you people think?

by Anonymousreply 22104/07/2012

It did seem kind of rushed. And telegraphed. Our Lincoln soulfully staring at Fauxlivia and bonding so sweetly with Altlincoln and then BANG no more Altlincoln. Anyone who ever saw a network TV drama saw his death coming. I'd prefer a nice little twist like undead Altlincoln coming back into our new little couple's life. Even though it didn't seem like Fauxlivia was in love with her partner.

Why doesn't anyone fall in love with Astrid? She's cute as a damn button!

by Anonymousreply 22204/07/2012

Here's a good review of Friday's episode.

by Anonymousreply 22304/08/2012

Yep

by Anonymousreply 22404/11/2012

How does Season 2 and beyond compare with Season 1? Unfortunately, I stopped watching all primetime tv (save news) after Season 1, episode 12 but I was enjoying it immensely?

How much as the quality suffered? It's going to be difficult to get caught up but I would if it's as good or nearly as good as what I watched.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

by Anonymousreply 22504/11/2012

R225, the second season of Fringe is my favorite of the four seasons. It was simply spectacular and it features my all-time favorite episode of the series so far (which is named "Peter" after the character but it focuses on Walter). The second season of Fringe is as good as any season of any sci fi show of the past 20 years. There are so many excellent episodes in the second season.

The first half of the third season is also spectacular and is almost as good as the entire second season. The second half of the third season and the current fourth season are maybe a notch below the second season; but they are better than the first season which is better than a lot of sci fi.

Also, the show really picked up steam in the first season about the time you stopped watching. Quite a bit of the fourth season has callbacks to the first season so if you are wanting to catch up, I would recommend starting from the beginning. I think you will love the journey.

by Anonymousreply 22604/11/2012

Absolutely R226. Start from the beginning R225. I might even do that myself even though I already did it last year.

Fringe is NOT Lost. They aren't writing as they go. There are TONS of foreshadowing and events leading to other events which lead to still more. Very complex stuff. Love Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 22704/11/2012

To be honest, I was hoping that AltLincoln wasn't dead but faked his death so he could uncover the mole in the Fringe Division over there. It came as a sad revelation to find out that he really is gone.

No Sherlock Holmes? Wow...is some ways that world is so very different than our own.

Did anyone else think that Walter's confession to AltBroyles would lead him to sacrifice both realities for his son? Nah...I didn't either.

Great episode. Now I just cannot wait for next week's super-special 19th episode with Henry Ian Cusick from Lost...I wonder if they'll show his feets?

by Anonymousreply 22804/14/2012

I really enjoy all of the interactions between the characters and their alternates. Most of the time the scenes are brief; but they are always illuminating and fascinating. Fringe does those moments very well, as well as any other show could.

by Anonymousreply 22904/14/2012

My DVR went out and I missed the middle. I was also recording Grimm and missed the middle of that as well. Apparently it takes a week to get it On Demand or Hulu or anywhere else I've looked. So I'm bummed.

by Anonymousreply 23004/14/2012

R230, the episode is on Hulu this morning.

by Anonymousreply 23104/14/2012

Scratch that R230, you need to be a HuluPlus subscriber to see the entire episode today.

by Anonymousreply 23204/14/2012

It says it'll be available next Saturday. I don't have Hulu plus.

by Anonymousreply 23304/14/2012

So, next week's episode takes place in 2036 with the world being taken over by The Observers?

As Mr. Spock would say...Fascinating!

by Anonymousreply 23404/14/2012

Is it just me or do they seem to be casting around for a finale? I thought the return of this evil guy messing around with the two universes was going to be teh 'big bad' and climax... and now they're bring in Observers into a totally different sort of climax?

by Anonymousreply 23504/14/2012

The Best Argument for Keeping Fringe on the Air... a recap of this week's episode:

by Anonymousreply 23604/14/2012

Wow! Great recap.

by Anonymousreply 23704/14/2012

People over at TWOP were saying there are "rumors" that Fringe may get a final season with 13 episodes.

NOTHING is confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 23804/14/2012

I guess I should be grateful if we get 13 episodes but I want another whole season.

by Anonymousreply 23904/14/2012

New episode tonight... all in the future.

And... DESMOND!!! (from LOST)

by Anonymousreply 24004/20/2012

Hmm, Spocks brain. "Brain? Brain? What is brain?" Nina's silver wig asks.

Check out Central Park. Yikes!

Desmond. Star Wars lines. FUN!

by Anonymousreply 24104/20/2012

Okay, the Observer who says "Shoot first I'll read them later" looks like Anderson Cooper to me.

by Anonymousreply 24204/20/2012

NEMOY!!!

by Anonymousreply 24304/20/2012

Um, no. Nimoy. Now they HAD to have him in Spock's Brain. I mean Walter's Brain.

by Anonymousreply 24404/20/2012

It's a shame...no closeup of Desmond's, I mean, Simon's feets...

by Anonymousreply 24504/21/2012

So... are we to assume if they get a new season, they'll spring-board it off of this episode, and the whole thing will take place in the far future?

by Anonymousreply 24604/21/2012

I guess. They had to show us the "miracle child" that Peter and Olivia were destined to have.

Neat twist having the Observers not being on the side of the humans. Manipulating events so they could eventually take power. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 24704/21/2012

Great write-up of last night's futuristic episode:

by Anonymousreply 24804/21/2012

Joshua Jackson said recently that Season 5 would complete the series by wrapping up the Observer story lines.

The show is 13 episodes short of the syndication minimum and there is a lot of incentive to do it.

Two endings were filmed. One a season finale and the other a series finale.

The showrunners have promised that if the show does not return to television they will wrap up the story lines with a graphic novel.

I have never been this invested in a show; it is truly brilliant.

Although I am convinced that it will turn out that the Fringe universe is not ours.

They go back and forth from Boston to New York in no time at all. That has never made sense to me.

So the key difference in the universes will the way in which the teams move between the cities.

by Anonymousreply 24904/22/2012

Man, you bitches are slow!

It's coming back for a final season!

by Anonymousreply 25004/26/2012

Official: 'Fringe' renewed for final season!

YAY!!!

by Anonymousreply 25104/26/2012

Tonight's episode...

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

There was a real sense of finality tonight when it came to the parallel universes.

There's got to be some crossover to wrap up the DRJ plot line, but I think the bridge is gone for good.

Clearly William Bell will be back to stop DRJ and there is still September's prediction that Olivia must die but it just feels like Walternate et al are played out now.

I have to admit I had a little tear in my eye when Asperger's Astrid waved goodbye to Walter's Astrid.

Another awesome episode.

And, oh, I want to fuck Nick Lane. Real bad.

Also, we're headed towards the reveal of The Pattern which must be a group working towards stopping the Observers.

Which means that's been going on in the shadows for a long, long time.

I don't care if everything I've written above is totally wrong; I love this freakin' show.

by Anonymousreply 25204/28/2012

My stupid DVR decided not to record it tonight, dammit. I'll have to try and catch it on the web...

by Anonymousreply 25304/28/2012

***SPOILERS***

I thought a lot about the possible outcome of Fringe this season. My (probably incredibly off-base) theory of what might happen:

September said that Olivia must die. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that we will learn that DRJ used Cortexiphan and that the Cortexiphan children must all die to stop DRJ's plan. William Bell from the alternate universe - who never appeared as far as I remember - will show up. He will reveal, in part, that Walter's decision to remove pieces of his brain were related to the knowledge that, if the Cortexiphan children ever reached their full potential and threatened the world/universe, there was a way to link to and destroy them.

Olivia will be the conduit through which those instructions will flow. It will in some way, lead to her death although she will be resuscitated as soon as the others are dead.

Even if it doesn't play out that way, I love the concept.

by Anonymousreply 25404/28/2012

Sad that the alternate people and Lincoln are gone.

by Anonymousreply 25504/30/2012

Hope we get to see Lincoln again.

I wonder if they will start the final episodes of this show in the Fall, or wait until next February, so that it can end in May?

With the low ratings, does it really matter?

by Anonymousreply 25604/30/2012

They've decided to do the half season, so I don't think it does really matter, unless they want to put together a syndication package as soon as they can. That's why they're doing this really. It'll do great in syndication, I'll bet.

by Anonymousreply 25704/30/2012

So Nimoy is back on the show in some way other than frozen still.

He looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 25805/04/2012

OH NO!! NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 25905/04/2012

"Alex?"

by Anonymousreply 26005/04/2012

Please don't let ****** be dead, PLEASE!!

by Anonymousreply 26105/05/2012

Doesn't look good. :(

by Anonymousreply 26205/05/2012

Hated that blatant plug for Sprint in the beginning. Very distracting but an otherwise excellent episode.

by Anonymousreply 26305/05/2012

Maybe Olivia's new-found healing powers could save the day?

by Anonymousreply 26405/05/2012

Wow... that was a kick-ass episode.

And that was one hell of a cliff-hanger.

by Anonymousreply 26505/06/2012

I can't believe they got Nimoy out of retirement for this. I also can't believe that they won't kill off his character in next week's finale...

I mean, you can't plan next year's half-season series-finale to count on his character. Nimoy, alas, is pretty old, and who knows if he'll survive the summer?

(of course, he could go 10 more years, who knows)

by Anonymousreply 26605/06/2012

Peter and Olivia go to shut down the twin death rays with no backup? David Robert Jones goes to kill his nemesis with a ....golf club? Did Olivia forget bullets have no effect on DRJ?

I'm a fan of the show but this is just sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 26705/06/2012

I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the previous ones.

Still, it's better than most of the crap on tv, and I'm hoping the final season will be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 26805/06/2012

And what happened to those two cops who forced Olivia to drop her gun? They just stood there while she did her creepy puppeteer act?

Not a good episode. If this show isn't careful it will turn into an out-and-out comedy.

But I'll watch it anyway for John Noble at least.

by Anonymousreply 26905/06/2012

John Noble was fucking brilliant, in both this episode and the previous one (especially the previous one).

by Anonymousreply 27005/06/2012

I love this show!I want at least one more season so they can wrap everything up properly.

by Anonymousreply 27105/07/2012

Oh! Thank HEAVEN!!! Alex!!

by Anonymousreply 27205/11/2012

Oh well CRAP! Get one back, lose one other.

by Anonymousreply 27305/11/2012

I'm not feeling Peter and Olivia this go-around. Wish they wouldn't have fucked with the timeline.

Wonder if Olivia will die during/after her big event?

by Anonymousreply 27405/11/2012

Whew! Whatta episode.

by Anonymousreply 27505/11/2012

Why Nimoy came back.

by Anonymousreply 27605/12/2012

This show has given us some very creepy scenes in the past; but the scene in last night's season finale with Olivia, Peter and Nina reanimating a dead Jessica was perhaps the most disturbing moment of the show so far. Rebecca Mader now has a classic moment for her highlight reel, even if it is due to CGI or clever camera and editing tricks.

by Anonymousreply 27705/12/2012

It was great. Those eyes going all over the place. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 27805/12/2012

So what did we think of the finale in general?

by Anonymousreply 27905/20/2012

Sad that the season is over but I loved the finale.

by Anonymousreply 28005/20/2012

Although Pacey is doing his best acting ever, I don't want to lose him. Walter needs to figure this out and take that thing out of his head.

And I don't want to lose Walter to his real self. If they end this tragically, I'll never forgive them.

by Anonymousreply 28111/11/2012

New Fringe tonight.

by Anonymousreply 28212/07/2012

I feel guilty that the only reason I take even a little interest in Fringe is for Seth Gabel.

by Anonymousreply 28312/08/2012

R283, Seth Gabel is no longer on "Fringe" and hasn't even been mentioned this season, which takes place 23 years in the future.

by Anonymousreply 28412/08/2012

I knew that, r284. I meant to use the past tense in my previous post.

by Anonymousreply 28512/08/2012

Jasika Nicole was murdered, to save the world from her acting.

by Anonymousreply 28612/08/2012

Whre is Desmondfrom Lost this season? Wasn't he supposed to ahve shown up as of yet?

by Anonymousreply 28712/08/2012

[quote]Whre is Desmondfrom Lost this season?

He appeared very briefly in a scene several episodes ago. I would be very surprised if we see him again.

by Anonymousreply 28812/08/2012

I cried when Nina died.

Walter is so good in this show.

Very intrigued with where they're going with this.

Such a good series.

by Anonymousreply 28912/26/2012

I tried to watch this show the other week and it made no sense. Some old guy kept having visions of Monty Python cartoons. I guess you have to be long initiated in order to "get it".

by Anonymousreply 29012/26/2012

I did too r289. I'm going to miss this series. The finale is coming up.

by Anonymousreply 29112/27/2012

I know, Badger. Can't wait.

R290, Walter was on acid. "The old guy"'s recreational drug use is a recurring joke in the show. Walter's brain doesn't work like everyone elses. But it works.

But yes, I don't think you can come in on a show as intimate as Fringe, right at the end and be able to pick up on it right off.

by Anonymousreply 29212/27/2012

I was really on the fence when they did the jump forward but the last few episodes had totally had the payoff. Nina! Observer worms! Walter tripping!

I will cry at the end of all this...

by Anonymousreply 29312/27/2012

Is the guy who plays September/Donald gay?

by Anonymousreply 29412/27/2012

What I'd love is to have a novelization of the entire series after the series completes... stripping out some of the "monster of the week" filler, and fixing some of the continuity and other errors and issues, while fleshing out the main story line.

I think it'd make an amazing read, from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 29512/28/2012

It also makes a pretty good TV show.

by Anonymousreply 29601/06/2013

It ends Friday.

by Anonymousreply 29701/16/2013

Two hour finale... sigh.

I haven't loved this season. But I will surely miss the show.

by Anonymousreply 29801/16/2013

I've loved this season. I think it's the best wrap of a JJ Abrams TV show yet. No big red floating rubber ball, no giant decanter stopper holding back evil. Rather: time travelling alien observers cum invaders vs. partially insane scientist and his Scooby crew of multi-dimensional dwellers. How can you fuck that up?

Really, they have done well in exploring/exploiting earlier episodes, characters, and possibilities. Remember when they first hinted that Observers would wage war on humans, early in season 2? And I gather they're going back to the red dimension this week in "Liberty" (Liberty Island?). I think they actually knew where they were going this time, in the writers' room of a JJ Abrams TV drama.

I hope we get one final peek at Lincoln Lee.

by Anonymousreply 29901/17/2013

Sad about losing the show. I wish they could have had more seasons between this last one and last season so they could build up more slowly to the shift into the future. But I liked it anyway. I'll miss Walter the most.

by Anonymousreply 30001/18/2013

Finale is starting!!!

by Anonymousreply 30101/18/2013

30 minutes in and we already have several call backs to previous seasons. It's been a solid finale so far.

by Anonymousreply 30201/18/2013

Vodka and meth would replace Communion wine.

by Anonymousreply 30301/18/2013

Sorry for the erroneous post!

I have to stay away until I see the finale tomorrow. Hope it is good! Am quite sad, this has been a good show.

by Anonymousreply 30401/18/2013

It was good, if a bit "by the numbers".

If you were hoping to have your mind blown, it was probably disappointing.

If you were hoping for a sentimental wrap-up, you were probably satisfied.

I will miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 30501/18/2013

Walter called Astrid by her real name!

by Anonymousreply 30601/18/2013

well, shit, I wasn't expecting crying.

by Anonymousreply 30701/18/2013

It was touching. Will miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 30801/18/2013

I can't believe the whole series was Bobby Ewing's dream of an autistic kid's snow globe...

by Anonymousreply 30901/19/2013

Can someone remind me of the flower drawing? Idk, about the finale...but I am going to miss the show.

by Anonymousreply 31001/19/2013

Description of the episode where the white tulip drawing originates, at link.

I think it shows up later too, but I know this ep from watching the 2nd Season DVDs recently.

by Anonymousreply 31101/19/2013

Anyone know why they ended the show? I'm gonna miss it as my Fri night/Sat morn. staple.

by Anonymousreply 31201/19/2013

Good or bad, this program entertained me more than any other in the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 31301/19/2013

R310 ... the White Tulip was a running theme through the series, including the episode where that drawing was first shown, which was in my opinion the best episode of the series. Very intense. I'm so glad they went back to that moment to reference it.

R312 ... the show didn't have the ratings, so the network basically canceled it. They allowed it one final half season to "wrap things up" because they appreciated the quality of the show and the intensity of the fans (there just weren't enough of them, and ratings were declining year over year).

by Anonymousreply 31401/19/2013

No one died?

(I can't watch finales unless I know in advance if someone died.)

by Anonymousreply 31501/19/2013

No one ever dies with infinite parallel universes.

by Anonymousreply 31601/19/2013

I have loved this show from the first episode and I enjoyed the series finale but it was a bit underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 31701/19/2013

Who crushed the observer with the truck? Olivia or the boy?

by Anonymousreply 31801/19/2013

While R316 is technically correct...

Death to Astrid / Jasika!

by Anonymousreply 31901/19/2013

It was olivia who crushed the observer but that was pretty lame. She finally starts using her powers and they couldn't think of anything cooler? The thing with time travel-even though we saw them before the invasion wouldn't a different version of them still be left in that time line? And wouldn't they be stuck fighting the rest of the observers forever? Yes I know I'm overthinking it.

by Anonymousreply 32001/19/2013

In some time travel theories, what happens is a separate universe is created. The idea being, each timeline is fixed in some way.

by Anonymousreply 32101/19/2013

I was a little let down.

Wanted William Bell back and Nina

by Anonymousreply 32201/19/2013

I loved the ending. Season 5 was a bit slow. I loved Fringe, sad to see it go, but at least they quit while they were ahead.

The way I see it, Olivia can remember everything and now has powers we don't know if she can control. The flower in the end didn't only mean forgivness, but also that maybe Peter will have to save her. I loved Olivia's bitter-sweet smile at the end.

by Anonymousreply 32301/19/2013

I've only watched this program on Science. Is it also showing season 5? I didn't even know this program existed until it started playing on Science Channel.

I don't think I've ever watched anything on Fox. I dislike the company and its owners immensely.

by Anonymousreply 32401/19/2013

Every season of Fringe is on sale at Target right now for $10 per season, DVDs only. Ends in two days? The 27th I think. Grab it while you can, stores only.

Look for the cardboard display of $10 TV titles near the register, but the price will also apply to any DVD sets stocked in Electronics. I just bought the whole series for $45 (10% Team Member discount).

by Anonymousreply 32511/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.