Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cynthia McFadden & Katharine Hepburn

Why was she named executor of Kate's will? Was there some kind of Yankee lez-lez going on there? What about the rumor that she is Hepburn's daughter by Spencer Tracy? She named her son Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 8710/18/2014

Physically she resembles both Tracy and Hepburn....

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2011

Yeah, your right. She would have been 49 and he 56. Makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2011

At 94 I would rather jump in the Sound than sit in my kitchen eating oatmeal. What would I have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2011

[quote]. Was her death hastened when dear Cynthia entered the picture?

It's more than a bit laughable to accuse someone of "hastening" the death of a woman who lived to be 96, no?

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2011

William Mann's Hepburn book is the biggest snoozer I've ever read. Better than the best sleep aid you've ever tried.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2011

Not sure if I buy it, R6. Why would they bother to beard for each other?

Spencer already had a wife if he needed a beard.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2011

Catholic guilt, R13. BIG TIME Catholic guilt. That's why he was also an alcoholic. Just ask Robert Wagner...

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2011

The ages they would have been when she would have been conceived are right around the time when a woman goes into menopause and couples stop worrying about pregnancy. Not probable but it is possible.%0D %0D If not, it's very strange that she just happens to look just like both of them.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2011

Women do not begin menopause a year before their 50th birthday, R15! No woman pushing 50 is still "worrying about pregnancy". Is it possible that a woman nearing 50 could become pregnant without the aid of fertility treatments? I'm sure someone will link to some rare case where it did happen, but the likelihood is so extremely remote that it's too ridiculous to consider.

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2011

R16, the average age of menopause is 51. The range is from 40 to early 60s. You might try looking stuff up sometime.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2011

How many pregnant 49 year olds do you know, r18??

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2011

I'm with r13-- Hepburn and Tracy "bearding" for one another has just never made sense to me. First of all, as r13 points out, Tracy was already married. We may say "But that means nothing!" now, but the public didn't think like that back then. If you were married, you were straight. The wife was all he needed. %0D %0D Hepburn's affairs with undoubtedly heterosexual men like Howard Hughes and Leopold Stokowski were well known. Pants or no, no one back then thought she was a lesbian. %0D %0D If Hepburn and Tracy were bearding, who in the world were they bearding for? The public didn't know about them until long after Tracy was dead. What good is a beard relationship that is kept secret?

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2011

Kelly Preston was 48 and John Travolta is just about to turn 57. They just had a kid.

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2011

I saw Joan Rivers' standup right after Katharine died and while the world was sending out its condolences, Joan ripped her to shreads, and was HYSTERICAL.

"THAT MEAN OLD DYKE GOT THE SHAKE & BAKE COMMERCIAL I WANTED!"

lol

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2011

[quote]Kelly Preston was 48 and John Travolta is just about to turn 57. They just had a kid%0D %0D Yeah, with IVF no doubt. There were no fertility treatments in the 1950s. If a woman wanted to get pregnant in those days, it was strictly through the natural means.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2011

How many heads does it have, R26?

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2011

While there are some concern, the baby (a boy) arrived on time and is perfectly healthy. He just turned one and is walking (stumbling) and talking (gibberish and a few real words). He is ahead of the averages for weight, height and dexterity, but so were her other kids. My sister is an uber-healthy eater (not a maniac but well-balanced and not a junk eater) and a marathon runner, so I don't know if that made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2011

"Pants or no, no one back then thought she was a lesbian."

Hepburn was rumored to have been "a lesbian" back then. Many people "back then" thought she was a lesbian.

In Mann's recent bio of her, he speculated that a medical procedure she had early in her life may have been a hysterectomy.

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2011

My mom's OBGYN told her that some older women (60 and over) have in uterus that is es healthy as that of young women. It's rare, but she does come across women like that.

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2011

I meant, 'uterus,' not in uterus.

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2011

In the Noel Coward Diaries, he mentions Hepburn coming to stay with him in Jamaica. She was accompanied by a woman.Coward had lots of his gay and lesbian friends come and stay with him at Blue Harbour. I got the feeling that Hepburn was one of them.%0D %0D I can't remember who the other woman was, I think it was Irene Dunne or Irene Selznick. My sister has my copy of the book right now, maybe someone else has read it and can clarify?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2011

Hepburn was friends with Irene Selznick who was straight.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2011

Not impossible that McFaddin could be Hepburn and Tracy's child. I am 52 going to be 52 and could still bear children. It is at this time that people assume that they could assume that they would not become pregnant but can. She really resembles a mix of both of them

by Anonymousreply 3604/21/2012

[quote]Hepburn's affairs with undoubtedly heterosexual men like Howard Hughes and Leopold Stokowski were well known.

I never heard about her with Stokowski -- Hughes, yes.

The only woman I've heard about with Stokowski, other than his wives (which incuded Gloria Vanderbilt, who also "dated" Hughes), was Greta Garbo.

Hepburn is supposed to have had a brief but torrid affair with John Ford -- maybe that's who you're thinking of, R21?

by Anonymousreply 3704/21/2012

William Mann thought that Kate was IN LOVE with Cynthia, and I agree with him. That's how Cynthia became such a trusted friend.

Puleeeeez, no, Cynthia is not Hepburn's child. Women begin menopause between 45 and 52 (I was finished at 48), you simply do it have the capacity to conceive after 45 for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 3804/21/2012

Is no one listening to Miss Marple at r24 who proved conclusively that Hepburn was far too busy making three films in the year that Cynthia McFadden was born to be her mother!

She may have been gay but she was absolutely not Cynthia's mother.

by Anonymousreply 3904/21/2012

A bio about the "Secret Life" of Howard Hughes had Howard harboring a very un-heterosexual desire for the star of "The Outlaw"...Jack Buetel. Something about Howard keeping Jack from having a big career by tying him up in a contract that gave Howard complete control over the movies Jack could make.

Jack was wanted for the Monty Clift role in "Red River" but Howard refused to let him make the film.

Allegedly, Howard had some sexy times with Jack on the downlow. Jack was very good looking at his peak.

by Anonymousreply 4004/21/2012

OHHHH PPLLUUUEEEZZZEEE!!!!

There was no reason for Hepburn/Tracey to beard, secretly mind you, for years and years only to have it come out publically after he died. He was MARRIED ALREADY!! Folks on the inside probably knew about them.

If she wanted to beard, her people probably could have found someone single. This Mann book is not the bible, darling!

by Anonymousreply 4104/21/2012

I don't think McFadden looks like Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 4204/21/2012

How do you know, Scotty?

by Anonymousreply 4404/21/2012

Because I had to clean out the bathtub after Tracy sat it in for three days - drunk and shitting - after his latest trick walked out.

Did it more than once.

Tricks liked the money but Tracy was a mean drunk and it wasn't worth the trouble.

He wasn't much in the looks department by the 1940's either.

by Anonymousreply 4604/21/2012

Someone doesn't have to be a "thriving" heterosexual to be heterosexual. Can't there be a middle ground? Someone who just didn't get the sex bug and no, I'm not talking a STD.

Some people strike me a asexual. No interest in sex. Oprah, Tom Cruise, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4804/21/2012

Cynthia has bad bowels like Camille.

by Anonymousreply 4904/22/2012

She had the tongue of a camel and the stamina of a sea cow as far as coming up for air. My loins were quivering in anticipation - you may remember my whole body was quivering anyway, but Cyn had the talent of making me come to a dead stop.

That deserved SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 5004/22/2012

I wish some rich 90+ year old geezer loved me enough to listen when I tell him to jump in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 5104/22/2012

2 comments: Despite all the women he had stashed away Howard Hughes was rumoured to be bi- as well. He was initially Cary Grant's pal and was chasing Cary when they were making Sylvia Scarlett, where Hughes droves his plane to the location and joined them for lunch - which impressed Hepburn, then he began chasing her ...

Don't forget Bette Davis also had a 'companion' when she was old, who looked after her and travelled with her, I can't recall her name now, but she was very protective of Davis and Bette mentioned her a lot in her final interviews, and yes I believe she got a big chunk of the estate too ... as Bette got frailer she was more and more dependant on this girl, Kathryn Selmak. who was the daughter she should have had.

by Anonymousreply 5204/22/2012

June Havoc had a nice assistant that everyone thought the world of...

by Anonymousreply 5304/22/2012

I think Bette Davis' "companion" was really just her assistant.

by Anonymousreply 5404/22/2012

"Asexual" is a common label for lesbians or bisexuals by those who are uncomfortable with anything but heterosexuality. There is no evidence that Hepburn had no interest in sex except in the minds of her homophobic fans. And stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 5504/22/2012

Cause they liked to bump uglies. Image how it helped that Kate shook liked she did. It put Cynthia in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 5604/22/2012

"Stupid dykes..."

If you are referring to McFadden and Hepburn, neither one is/was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5804/22/2012

This thread was interesting until lousy attempts at humor (R56), and hateful comments (R57) appeared.

by Anonymousreply 5904/22/2012

Why did your daddy not jack you into the shower drain? Not every seed needs to be planted and you are a clear indication of that.

by Anonymousreply 6002/23/2013

"Plus, Hepburn was a spry old bird."

I can't stop laughing!!!

by Anonymousreply 6102/23/2013

Bette's companion was just her assistant. I met them both just a few months before Bette died. I'm so glad to have met Bette. What a legend.

by Anonymousreply 6202/23/2013

Can you elaborate, r62? What a thrill it must have been to meet La Davis!

by Anonymousreply 6302/23/2013

Totally possible. A healthy woman who has not harmed her reproductive system with multiple pregnancies and/or abortions could get pregnant at 49. My aunt had a surprise pregnancy at 50. She thought menopause had kicked in and took no precautions. Healthy baby. I have a friend who didn't stop her period until she was 60.

Considering Cynthia McFadden was adopted and in New England it's entirely possible. Kate supposedly met her when she was 19, which could coincide with an agreement to not contact her till she was of age. Kate paid for many of Cynthia's major life events and she made her her executrix, when she already had a special relationship with her niece. Cynthia names her son Spencer. And their are resemblances to both possible parents.

I'm convinced.

by Anonymousreply 6402/23/2013

[quote]Is no one listening to Miss Marple at [R24] who proved conclusively that Hepburn was far too busy making three films in the year that Cynthia McFadden was born to be her mother!

If you go to IMDB and look at the release dates, it's not at all impossible. You need to know the filming dates.

by Anonymousreply 6502/23/2013

R62 here. I'm in the biz. Miss Davis was scheduled to come into the studio for an interview. I always checked the schedule to see who was coming and if I wanted to watch it. Miss Davis ( you didn't call her Bette) and her young trusty asst. came into the Green Room. I walked in. I wanted to see her up close before she went into the studio. She was very short and fragile. She held her asst. arm. Her and her asst. we're dressed in black. After a few minutes, she settled into the interview for an hour. I sat with a few colleagues just off to the side and watched. She talked frankly about her life and Hollywood. I don't remember much else. I was just glad to meet her. She was dead a few months later.

by Anonymousreply 6602/23/2013

Didn't Ms. McFadden get her law degree from Columbia? Seem to remember her there.

by Anonymousreply 6702/23/2013

R64, that's the exception to the rule. Women who give birth to a healthy baby at age 49 are rare. You can have your period after 48, but your eggs are shot to hell. Hepburn looks she lost her eggs at age 40.

Why is it that probable lesbians are always "really straight" or bi at the Datalounge and every male is ALWAYS gay/bi? It's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 6802/23/2013

Cynthia McFadden had/has a house in CT with Liz Smith for God's sake.

Liz Smith, the biggest dyke known to women.

by Anonymousreply 6906/03/2014

Since IRON PETTICOAT began filming in January, 1956 and McFadden was born May, 1956, it seems unlikely she was pregnant... but then again, she did spend the film in outfits like these.

by Anonymousreply 7006/03/2014

Might help if I put the URL in the right box. Here's the pic:

by Anonymousreply 7106/03/2014

Wishful thinking. Hepburn was a lez and never hid a baby at the ancient age of 49 in the last century.

by Anonymousreply 7206/03/2014

Hepburn was in love with Cynthia McFadden and settled for a friendship. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 7306/03/2014

PS, more likely Kate was banging her.

by Anonymousreply 7406/03/2014

"Both Hepburn and Tracy were gay (read William Mann's book on Hepburn for the proof) and bearded for each other."

Bill Mann's book is pure bullshit, you idiot.

I don't know a lot about Hepburn (I was never a fan of hers) but Spencer Tracy was definitely NOT gay. Quite the opposite, in fact. A biography of Tracy by James Curtis is thoroughly researched and factual and it does a very nice job of debunking the unsubstantiated gay rumors by hacks like William Mann who will say anything to get people to buy their sleazy books.

And why would Spencer Tracy need Katherine Hepburn to "beard" for him? He was MARRIED. And he stayed married to the end of his life.

by Anonymousreply 7506/04/2014

r75 must be new here. First of all the Tracy Hepburn "romance" schtick rumors did not start till after Tracy was dead.

Secondly, both Tracy & Hepburn were gay. Pretty obvious to me, to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 7606/04/2014

There's 3 bios that say Tracy was gay out there and that Hepburn was gay as well. Probably more but Hepburn pings off the charts, so does Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 7706/04/2014

I don't know about Tracy, but anyone who doesn't believe Hepburn was predominantly lesbian should see a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 7806/04/2014

Bump

by Anonymousreply 7906/04/2014

R73 This.

Not uncommon for older women, GAY older women to have young companions. Especially since it was a phenomenon like Katherine Hepburn. Frankly Hep, like few other women (Whitney Houston was another) drove all sexes crazy with great appeal to both - ALL of her life. Hepburn was making "Golden Pond" and had active years left.

A few years ago I went to the final night of a broadway show that shall remain anonymous. It was like Lesbian night at the Theater: Liz Smith, Cynthia McFadden, amongst many others. McFadden was a closet case.

Do not underestimate the signifigance that McFadden married out of the blue at the height of the Hepburn/McFadden romance rumors. Out of the blue people.

Far more likely that they were some kind of Boston Marriage sweethearts then the far fetched complicated conspiracy of out of wedlock daughter, Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 8006/04/2014

Hepburn made up the romance in the 1970s. Does anyone remember what Bette Davis said when she heard Hepburn ' s claim? I can't remember but it was funny. I don't think she wanted to bring remembered for being a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 8106/04/2014

I see that there are straight gay hating trolls in here, probably gravitated over here from other forums.

Both Hepburn and Tracy maintained separate cottages on the estate of the famously closeted Homosexual director, George Cukor for many years. They did NOT share a cottage. Cukor was also known for his big gay bashes.

There are more recent books, including a bio of Ruth Gordon, in which celebs have indicated that Hepburn did fabricate a romantic cover about Spencer Tracy. Tracy was extremely close to Hepburn, mostly she enabled and cleaned him up after his alcoholic binges. They were good friends, but lovers hardly. There are too many stories about Hepburn grounded in truth and fact.

Take your gay hating someplace else.

by Anonymousreply 8306/04/2014

Garson Kanin who wrote the book on Tracy & Hepburn was a closeted homosexual.

R80, sure, 15-20 years younger. NOT nearly 50 YEARS younger!

R82 = is sure Hugh Jackman is gay because he believes unsubstantiated gossip.

by Anonymousreply 8406/04/2014

It's probable that Cynthia McFadden is the daughter of Hepburn and Tracy. She looks like both of them. I knew a woman who had a baby at 49 and began her change 2 yrs. later. I also knew of a woman who carried her daughter's baby at age 49 because her daughter couldn't have a child. Anything is possible. They could have had a surrogate. There is no logical sense to Hepburn turning her estate over to Cynthia McFadden when she had family that would have been next in line, and no one objected. It will remain a secret as was probably the wish of Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 8510/18/2014

Oh please enough with that "she's their hidden daughter" nonsense. And there is every reason in the book to make her co-executor of her estate. She was a trusted friend, and more importantly, she had been in love with her in the past. Spinning the nature of their relationship into a mother/daughter sexless bond is offensive. The only thing that will remain a secret is that McFadden is, much like Hepburn was, a deeply closeted double-gater.

by Anonymousreply 8610/18/2014

As for the daughter business... here we see that McFadden is about a foot taller than Hepburn, and Spencer Tracy wasn't a tall man either.

If she's Hepburn's biological daughter, someone taller than Tracy was the father.

by Anonymousreply 8710/18/2014
Need more help? Click Here.