Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kylie Minogue - "Aphrodite"

This is one fucking great album!

I didn't care for her "X" album, nor "Body Language". "Aphrodite" is a full return to form! Amazing that she's almost 43 years old and can still pull this shit off!

Any other fans of the album?

by Anonymousreply 3303/15/2013

I love "Get Out Of My Way". A great uplifting song.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2011

Absolutely--"All The Lovers" is absolutely ethereal. I can't wait to see her on tour in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2011

yumeeeeeeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2011

Kylie just got Best Album and Best Single (All the Lovers) at the Virgin Music Awards:

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2011

Yes. Hope you enjoy the concert. The last one was awesome!

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2011

If Kylie Minogue was gay you would hate her music.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2011

I liked the first half of the album, but the rest of the album has a bunch of stinkers. Typical of Kylie - some really great club/radio friendly songs, and then the B-side, campy, throw-away songs.

"Fever" is the only album I can think of where almost every song is good. Everything since has been 50/50.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2011

I think she's a talentless twat!

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2011

It's a load of shit. A narcissistic act of hubris. Kylie thinks she's such a vet. She's nothing more than an ex soap actress who rode on her popularity in England and got accepted as a novelty act. Period. Michael Hutchence nearly redeemed her but she was too stupid to recognise a true Svengali.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2011

yes we know r9. you've said the same thing before. we get it, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2011

I cannot wait for the concerts. She's amazing live. She radiates warmth and charm, and really puts on a great show. Unlike many of her contemporaries, she sings live at all her shows.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2011

R9 = Mandy Smith, still pissed that SAW dumped her because she was even more talentless than Sinitta:

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2011

Stop trying to make Minogue happen. The only ones that like her are over-40 gay guys with low IQ.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2011

It's a great record. I'm seriously considering flying to Vegas for her show.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2011

R13 = One of the Reynolds Girls, even lower on the PWL totem pole:

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2011

>>Michael Hutchence nearly redeemed her but she was too stupid to recognise a true Svengali.

@@@@@

Actually, she was madly in love with him but he dumped her for Helena Christensen, quite possibly because HC consented to threesomes but Kylie wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2011

Is "Minogue" a surname of French origin?

I've lain awake nights, wondering ... wondering.

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2011

This album is absolutely terrible. The only good song is the title track. Her album "X" was much better than this load of Stuart Price produced shit.

Hope her next album is better than this garbage.

by Anonymousreply 1801/22/2012

r16, disagree with you. This is her BEST cd in years. Cupid Boy, Put Your Hands Up, Get Outta My Way, etc etc are classic Kylie.

And her concert was pretty incredible too. Since she kept songs like Confide in Me and On A Night Like This (plus featuring HOT gay dancers, and the fact she gave mad props to her backup singers).

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 1901/22/2012

"Aphrodite" is definitely Kylie's best album since "Fever". "Body Language" and "X" were both mediocre at best, with only a smattering of good songs on each. "Aphrodite" is upbeat and fun. And her concert - Aphrodite - Les Folies was an amazing show. I just bought it on CD/DVD and love it!

by Anonymousreply 2001/22/2012

R17 It's Irish, I think. Her grandmother is Welsh (still lives there I think) and the other side is Irish.

I don't think this album works at all, the less cohesive messy X had much better songs. Even the hardcore loons rolled their eyes at the concert.

by Anonymousreply 2101/22/2012

[quote]"Aphrodite" is definitely Kylie's best album since "Fever". "Body Language" and "X" were both mediocre at best, with only a smattering of good songs on each.

Judging by the mediocre album and single sales this album had, I think a lot of people would disagree.

by Anonymousreply 2201/22/2012

[quote]I don't think this album works at all, the less cohesive messy X had much better songs. Even the hardcore loons rolled their eyes at the concert.

I agree completely. "X" had great songs on it (Like a Drug, Nu-Di-Ty, etc.) but "Aphrodite" only had one good song which was the title track...and you might know that was never a single. Her record company has been choosing the worst singles for her over the last few albums.

by Anonymousreply 2301/22/2012

Next to Robyn's Body Talk and Britney's Femme Fatale, it's pretty third rate.

by Anonymousreply 2401/22/2012

The great thing about art is that everyone can have a differing opinion on it. Obviously, the above posters did not like "Aphrodite". I beg to differ.

Aphrodite's good songs:

All the Lovers Get Outta My Way Put Your Hands Up Everything is Beautiful Aphrodite Illusion Cupid Boy Can't Beat the Feeling

That is 7/12 good songs on this album in my opinion.

X good songs:

Like a Drug In My Arms The One All I See Stars Cosmic

That is 6/14 good songs in my opinion.

Body Language good songs:

Slow Promises Red Blooded Woman Chocolate

That is 4/14 good songs in my opinion.

I guess that means "Aphrodite" wins in my book!

by Anonymousreply 2501/22/2012

How dare you speak Kylie's name in the same sentence as that vapid, vile trash Britney Spears, R24. "Femme Fatale" sounds like Titney put as much effort into singing the songs as she does in going to the toilet. Any Autotuned stripper/prostitute off the street could have done just as good a job as Spears.

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2012

She needs to get new marketing people at her record company and choose better producers. How the hell could this album not be riding the dance music wave now sweeping the US pop charts?

by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2012

3 words for Kylie: GERMAN BOLD ITALIC

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2012

I don't understand why the title track wasn't released as a single. I was listening to it again today and it's great - definitley the best song on this mediocre album.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2013

Why did you resurrect a 2 year old thread about Horse Face Cancer Tits?

by Anonymousreply 3003/15/2013

"Body Language" has crept up on me. I think I like it better than "Aphrodite" but less than "X" at this point.

In my opinion, it's "Fever"/"X"/"BL"/"Aphrodite" for her recent non-greatest hits albums.

by Anonymousreply 3103/15/2013

[quote]did you resurrect a 2 year old thread about Horse Face Cancer Tits?

The better question would be why did you bother reading a thread about someone you obviously don't like?

R31 I thought "X" was a really good album that had songs that should've been singles (Like a Drug, NuDiTy). BL is probably my favorite album of hers. "Fever" was way too cheesy for my taste and "Aphrodite" was very boring except for the title track.

by Anonymousreply 3203/15/2013

She just signed with ROC NATION, so I guess you should expect lots of shit JAY-Z tracks and warmed over "hip-hop".

by Anonymousreply 3303/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.