Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is wrong with Nancy Grace?

She is talking about that crazy woman who shot her kids and arguing that the woman is sane and only acting crazy when it's obvious the woman has severe issues.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2013

[quote]What is wrong with Nancy Grace?

If we can't get to 600 posts on this thread there's something wrong with us.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2011

Burn the witch! Burn the witch!

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2011

OP, she was making a point about sanity or insanity as a legal defense.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2011

Nancy Grace having a complete MELTDOWN over the Facebook game Cafe' World. I feel sorry for the producer, who was just trying to explain it to her.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2011

I can't watch her anymore. She is so rude to guests.%0D %0D I watched her at the beginning of the Caylee Anthony case. She had a reporter in the city.. can't remember her name.. Sherry/Nicole.. a pretty black woman. Nancy would barely let her speak and then blast her for no reason. I was just expecting one day for her to cuss Nancy out, I would have. %0D %0D I bet the reporter drank every night she was on that case.. poor her, I wonder if she is still the reporter there.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2011

I know she was trying to make a point R3 but to yell at the shrinkette that depression is not mental illness makes her look very uninformed. That woman's behavior at her arrest is that of a mental illness. The fact that she was calm the next day in court doesn't mean she is sane. Probably sedated and that little trip to the hospital probably had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2011

R7, the legal definition of "insanity" differs from the medical definition of "insanity" -- in fact, I'm not sure that the term "insanity" is even used in the medical field anymore.

What Nancy Grace was saying is that medical depression (in & of itself) doesn't constitute "insanity" for legal purposes. To claim the legal defense of "insanity", you have to be unable to know the difference between "right & wrong", & unable to "conform your behavior to the requirements of the law" -- further, in some jurisdictions, those 2 inabilities have to be caused by a "mental disease or defect". So it's not enough for a doctor to diagnose you as "depressed", because that alone doesn't mean that you're unable to know the difference between right & wrong, & unable to conform your behavior to the requirements of the law.

I agree that she's abrasive. Her emotional & hysterical manner is so off-putting that it distracts the audience from fully understanding the points that she's trying to explain. She's a lousy teacher.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2011

I wish that shrew Nancy would shoot HERSELF.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2011

Also Nancy was trying to make the point that she had just bought that gun at the store like several days before...

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2011

I think the fact that the police found the mother in her backyard still covered in blood speaks volumes as to her mental state at the time. I believe JVM, who I like a lot better than Nancy, brought up a point that the father addressed his grief over the kids but did not say one thing at all about his wife. I'm wondering if they were marriage problems on top of everything.

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2011

[quote]There are certain cases, like the Joran Vandersloot case, or he Casey Anthony case, where I'd like to watch some legal talk show and get into the minutae of it all,the homicide, the evidence, etc.

Me too, R12. We'll have to wait for the Ann Rule books.

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2011

Nancy Grace is nothing but white trash who got lucky and now all the celebrity has gone to her head. She's a former prosecutor so she's inherently corrupt and immoral, and even though she probably knows how people laugh at her on that show, she doesn't care as long as the money is flowing in.

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2011

Nancy is all about Old Testament Vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2011

The son, maybe a sudden thing.%0D %0D The daughter? By definition, pre-meditated.%0D %0D Same as with Capt. Jeffrey MacDonald. Murder 1 for the one daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2011

I think anybody who has killed another person had to be out of their mind to do so.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2011

[quote]She had a reporter in the city.. can't remember her name.. Sherry/Nicole.. a pretty black woman. Nancy would barely let her speak and then blast her for no reason. I was just expecting one day for her to cuss Nancy out, I would have. %0D %0D That's one of Nancy's producers, Natisha Lance. Poor woman had to live down there for MONTHS. I've seen her report on stories in other locations, so I assume she's not tied to Florida at the present.

by Anonymousreply 1802/01/2011

"obvious the woman has severe issues."%0D %0D That's WHY they like her, silly.

by Anonymousreply 1902/01/2011

That's her, Natisha. Thanks. Nancy would give her hell for no reason. "Well, Natisha.. I WOULD THINK.. " It was if she thought Natisha was on the defense team. %0D

by Anonymousreply 2002/01/2011

When Nancy gets crazy, the rest of us get hazy!

by Anonymousreply 2102/01/2011

OMG I can't stand Sue Moss. She is the female Gilbert Godfrey

by Anonymousreply 2202/01/2011

r17, no, no they don't. That is why people are convicted of crimes, dumbass. Premeditated murder does not mean that someone is crazy at ALL. That is why there are phrases like "callous disregard for human life" and "able to understand the consequences of his or her actions." The insanity defense is quite streamlined and specific.

by Anonymousreply 2302/01/2011

Sue Moss comes across as a humorless lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 2402/01/2011

She is quickly turning into a crone.

by Anonymousreply 2502/01/2011

The mother obviously had a neurological disease, not clearly mentally ill. Her facial contortions and shaking looked more like MS or Parkinson's. %0D %0D She premeditated that murder.

by Anonymousreply 2602/01/2011

Compare with me, if you will, this thread to the one about the 11 year old who killed his father's baby mama and upcoming family addition.

This woman has "obvious problems" and depression is a mental illness, but the kid supposedly knows right from wrong and should spend life in prison without parole.

Is it just a DL desire to play devil's advocate, or are we really this bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 2702/01/2011

Excuse me, does anyone know where I can get a pantsuit let out a size or two?

by Anonymousreply 2802/01/2011

Nancy is a fucking hog and a miserable bitch. THAT"S her problem.

by Anonymousreply 2902/01/2011

I'd never seen her except for sitting behind a desk but she has a new show and the commercial for it shows a pretty wide ass. Has she always been that way or is it those twins?

by Anonymousreply 3002/01/2011

Actually I noticed her weight gain after she broke her ankle.

by Anonymousreply 3102/01/2011

"Insanity" is *not* the same as "mentally ill."

by Anonymousreply 3202/01/2011

Nancy is so crazy she makes Keith Olberman look sane.

by Anonymousreply 3302/01/2011

I'm a licensed therapist. Please stop this woman. She should be in therapy not on television.

by Anonymousreply 3403/04/2013

The ultimate drama queen cries at the drop of a hat, especially when a viewer mentions her babies.

She's intolerable... and Valez (I'm a recovering alcoholic)- Mitchell ain't much better.

by Anonymousreply 3503/04/2013

Nancy Grace is a despicable, fame whoring, money hungry cunt who represents much of what is currently wrong with the state of legal proceedings in this country. She leads the charge to declare people either guilty or innocent (usually guilty, as that garners more ratings) in the court of public opinion before anything resembling a fair trial has even had the chance to occur.

by Anonymousreply 3603/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!