Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deaf gay guys

Why so many? Deafness and homosexuality must be on the same chromosome(s).

by Anonymousreply 5808/05/2013

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one to notice that.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2011

ahgabgljagjlg kjnhkhghkh &(&hkifn kj abbg

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2011

Lesbians too. Many have hearing problems and learning disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2011

I've never ever met deaf gay guy and I live in a city with a large deaf population (DC). I think it'd be cool to meet/become friends with a deaf gay guy. Where do I meet 'em?

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2011

I'm in DC, too, R8. There are lots of gay guys at Galludet, and they go to the bars and clubs.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2011

Yeah, there are some pretty cute deaf gay guys at Galludet, R8. I used to live in Silver Spring, so I'd take the red line that way, passing by their station. Lots of cute guys.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2011

A deaf man loved me once. But not... enough.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2011

In the 90s I lived in Los Angeles and went to a Halloween party with a friend. I thought all of the guys were snooty because none of them talked to us. I started acting snooty right back and then noticed a couple of them communicating in sign language. And then I realized 95% of the guests were deaf. I could have killed my friend for not telling me.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2011

Why didn't you, r13 ?

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2011

Don't deaf people prefer the company of other deaf people? I remember seeing some documentary about a deaf lesbian couple that wanted to use a deaf man as a sperm donor because they only wanted deaf children. The implication was that they had bad feelings towards hearing people because they'd felt excluded growing up and now to retaliate they wanted their family to be exclusively non-hearing.

Also, deaf people use a more abbreviated, "slang" form of sign language than hearing people. Sort of like cockney accents, I suppose. They get irritated when a hearing person spells everything out properly and uses traditional sentence structure. The result of their natural shorthand [no pun intended] communications is that their written language skills are all over the map. I had a friend who worked as an IP-Relay service and she said it was amazing how many deaf people would type with unreadable sentence structure. The rule is that they type exactly what they want to say ("call Pizza Hut me pepperoni want large now coupon pizza order" or what have you) and her job as an operator was to make the phone call and repeat their words verbatim. So of course people hung up on her all the time, thinking she was cranking them. She said sometimes a deaf person would have impeccable writing skills but that was the exception rather than the rule. It could be due to the flexibility and freestyle spontaneity inherent in deaf interpersonal communication which doesn't translate well into more rigid written forms, or it could be because the majority of deaf people in this country don't have access to high caliber education.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2011

ASL sentence structure is very, very different from English sentence structure. %0D %0D English is essentially a second language for most deaf Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2011

OP, I noticed that, too. Especially in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2011

I met and slept with the cutest, black, deaf man in Beaumont, Tx. He was from Tyler and in for the weekend to visit friends. We were immediately attracted to each other, and caught each other staring. I introduced myself and was shocked that he was deaf and mute. We found a pen, and wrote back and forth on flimsy cocktail napkins.

We quickly made excuses to our respective friends and went back to my place. We wrote back and forth for a little while longer while touching and getting each other naked... but once we were both naked, it was on.

He was stocky, with thick legs and hips, but a well defined chest and arms. Not fat, just a thick, hunky guy. His cock wasn't bad, but it was a c. Shaped like a c. It rose from his pubic area and curved directly back to his waist band. Even hard. Made for an awkward suck, and there's just very few ways he'd have been able to fuck me.

We still had fun. It was interesting that sound is such a part of sex, and when you're with someone who makes VERY little sound and can only tap you on the shoulder, it gets a little confusing.

Also in one of my psychology classes I had a SUPER cute gay guy as a student. Super, super cute.

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2011

[quote]I've never ever met deaf gay guy and I live in a city with a large deaf population (DC). %0D %0D There used to be a bunch of them at P St beach back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2011

OP, you notice deaf guys in gay surroundings and identify them as gay, and from the fact that you take special notice of them you assume that they are a huge block of all deaf guys.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2011

You can't swing a dead cat in gay bar in California without hitting a gaggle of them.

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2011

OP may be on to something, Beethoven never went into the homosex before he lost his hearing.

(of course he may not have gone in for it after he did lose his hearing, either, but why let a little thing like that spoil a preposterous assumption like the one OP is making)

by Anonymousreply 2201/31/2011

There are a lot of deaf lesbians in NYC and, apparently, a friend of mine has slept with most of them.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2011

Can someone tell me how to sign "Who's your daddy, bitch?!?!?!"

by Anonymousreply 2501/31/2011

Cute twink signing to his deaf boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2601/31/2011

Here you go, in the fingerspelling, r25.

by Anonymousreply 2701/31/2011

And there is also an app to ranslate from English to American Sign Language.

by Anonymousreply 2801/31/2011

I've met several gay guys who are deaf, but never one who is blind.

Does anybody know a blind gay guy?

by Anonymousreply 2901/31/2011

Lots of deaf gay guys in St. Augustine. There's a school for deaf and blind in the city.

by Anonymousreply 3001/31/2011

R29 Yes.

I have known 3 blind gay men thus far. I do some volunteer work with the dog training.

In my experience many more women are born blind than men.

by Anonymousreply 3102/01/2011

Deaf people don't grow up hearing "fag" so they discover their sexuality in a natural, beautiful way. I had a white deaf neighbor who was dating a deaf black guy. They seemed oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 3202/01/2011

Ironically enough only a very small percentage of Deafness is caused by genetics. Most Deaf people loss their hearing from an illness at a young age. My theory is that the Deaf community is more accepted. So Deaf people are more likely to come out. I think that there is a huge population of Gay/Bi hearing people who are just afraid to come out.

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2011

Sort of off topic, but I've never understood why deaf people are allowed to drive cars.

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2011

How many hearing people drive with the radio blasting? You don't need to hear to drive. Its not like they're blind! Also I know quite a few deaf and hard of hearing people. I don't know single gay one.

by Anonymousreply 3502/20/2012

i'm single and gay. I am looking for a future partner in the USo r even in Canada, Contact me if interested. my contact is caringbilly ( at) { l i v e } ( d o t ) [C o m}

I hope you understand

by Anonymousreply 3609/19/2012

As I suffer from the helper complex so they're perfect for me. Its always a good thing when I can find a disability that doesn't involved bag or diaper issues.

by Anonymousreply 3709/19/2012

As someone else said, lots of them in DC. Go to any of the bars on H Street NE for a good sample. No gay bars, though, so you'll have to use your gaydar to spot em.

Learn ASL. It's a great skill to have, and will make hooking up with a deaf gay much easier. Hopefully you have thick walls though...

by Anonymousreply 3809/19/2012

Gay and deaf in one ear only. So how come I'm not bi?

by Anonymousreply 3909/19/2012

Wha twyin tu shay dat we fa deff but jus okay like eyebody els ope geez!

by Anonymousreply 4009/19/2012

When I lived in LA in the 90s I went to a Halloween party with a friend who knew the host. I was shocked by how rude everyone was and nobody approached me to say hello or anything. I went into bitch mode and purposefully snubbed people as I walked by them. I was wearing a huge afro wig so I couldn't see too well in the dark room but eventually I noticed that 98% of the guys were signing. I was so embarrassed at my behavior that I practically ran out of the party but not before verbally bitch slapping my friend who forgot to mention that most everyone there was going to be deaf.

by Anonymousreply 4109/19/2012

But when a deaf guy gets hearing implants, the gay goes away.

by Anonymousreply 4209/19/2012

I thought it was "Hearing Impaired".

by Anonymousreply 4309/19/2012

Good God the privileged mindset of hearing people is astounding.

Aren't there any hearing impaired users on datalounge? Let's have your input, please.

by Anonymousreply 4409/19/2012

Neither personally nor professionally (I am faculty at a major medical school) do I know of any association between deafness and homosexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 4509/19/2012

Gay deaf people are wonderful. I knew several in San Francisco. They usually came as a group where I was bar tending. They were truly the sweetest guys I knew. They taught me to sign but I didn't learn to sign in signing words. This was back in the 60's and I've never forgotten them.

by Anonymousreply 4609/19/2012

I think HIV has contributed to deafness in mature adult males. I went deaf in my right ear on the 13 of March in 1992. I didn't do much about it until the following year, but the doctors who helped me were the first to discover I was HIV+. I was without any other symptoms and there were no other problems found contributing to my loss of hearing.

Also there were a few generations that really abused their hearing as this continues, by attendance of rock concerts. There is almost universal hearing loss among these concert supporters over time.

by Anonymousreply 4709/19/2012

Deaf gays are not quiet when they fuck.

It sounds like a Wolverine fucking kitties.

by Anonymousreply 4809/19/2012

They have gone too far

by Anonymousreply 4910/30/2012

Actually, there is higher prevalence of homosexuality among gay men. No clear reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 5010/30/2012

I am a gay man and not opposed to have a relationship with a deaf gay man. I do not discriminate!! I currently work as a registered nurse. I am looking for someone who is not a gamer, is compassionate and have a goal in life.

by Anonymousreply 5105/19/2013

More left-handed than right-handed people are gay. And researchers have found different brain wirings in righties vs. lefties. Isn't that enough proof that being gay isn't a choice, like the Fundies keep insisting?

by Anonymousreply 5205/19/2013

I was born profoundly deaf and went to a school for the deaf.

My experience: I agree with the poster who said that they think that deaf people are less homophobic (because being deaf is more important). So they are more likely to be out. Also, I think I experienced less racism. I'm not saying that there isn't some homophobia and racism for sure: just that there's less.

I felt very safe coming out at my school at the age of 14, and in the deaf community in general, while to this day I do not feel safe telling my own parents that I am gay.

by Anonymousreply 5305/19/2013

They can't hear and so aren't turned off by gayvoice and bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 5405/21/2013

I am looking for a gay, hearing-impaired person like myself for friendship and possibly more.

by Anonymousreply 5508/05/2013

Twat? I cunt hear you. I have an ear infucktion.

by Anonymousreply 5608/05/2013

Is R41 also R13?

by Anonymousreply 5708/05/2013

R41 apparently has one story that she tells over and over...

by Anonymousreply 5808/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!