Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING NEWS - Alana De La Garza Joins Law & Order: Los Angeles!

Alana De La Garza will reprise her Law & Order role in the Los Angeles spinoff.

De La Garza portrayed Connie Rubirosa, an assistant district attorney who joined the team at the beginning of Season 17. On Law & Order: Los Angeles, Rubirosa will team up with Terrence Howard's Jonah Dekker.

"I hope fans of the 'mothership' will be happy to see the return of Alana's character, Connie Rubirosa, one of the longest-running assistant prosecutors on Law & Order," creator Dick Wolf says. "Alana has a huge following and it will be interesting to follow her character as she comes to terms with Los Angeles justice."

I think she should have replaced Terrence Howard character, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 3704/02/2013

I liked her a lot. Would really like to have Linus Roache, as well.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2011

I just posted last night about how much I miss the cast of L&O. I love Alana and wish they'd all come back to join her.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2011

Linus wouldn't move to LA. He always says in interviews he far prefers to work in NY and the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2011

By far the best looking actress on any of the L&O shows and not a bad actress, either. Way better than Hargitay.

[quote]Would really like to have Linus Roache, as well.

Me, too. He's a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2011

They should have just left NY alone, and started up L.A. as part of the franchise. I feel bad for Skeet & Regina Hall.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2011

[quote]I feel bad for Skeet & Regina Hall.

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2011

Haven't really gotten into LA version of show, still a big fan of the old Law and Order. %0D Maybe De La Garza will save the show, sadly, the popularity of the original was always based on the plot of the show and that's why it survived multiple cast changes through the years.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2011

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2011

model...not actress.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2011

She was one of my favorite ADAs on the original. A vast improvement on Annie Parisse who was mindnumbingly boring.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2011

LO: LA sucks. I really enjoy L&0: UK. It has the grittiness of of LO: NY.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2011

Jamie Bamber in L&O:UK is one of the hottest guys ever in the franchise. Right up there with Benjamin Bratt.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2011

Yes, Jamie Bamber is HOT!! I like the UK version, but I recently saw an ep where they stole the plot right from an original version episode. Hope that doesn't happen again.%0D %0D Ben Daniels is quite fine too and props to him for being out of the closet. I also can't believe that was him playing the hippie boyfriend in teen gay film "Beautiful Thing" years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2011

Ben Daniels has been **FIRED** from the UK version

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2011

Almost all of the UK series is based on scripts from the original, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2011

I think the idea was that the episodes of L&O:UK will be older episodes of the original series adapted to the peculiarities of the British legal system. The first season of L&O:UK aired here in Canada a couple of years ago and most of the plots seemed familiar.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2011

thought the LA version was on "hiatus" due to low ratings. Do they have a timeslot?

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2011

Yes, R16, you're right, all episodes are direct adaptations of the Mother Ship, each episode begins with who wrote the original version. %0D %0D The 2010 season of L&O:UK is currently being shown here on BBC America, I suppose they aired the first three seasons back-to-back. The 2011 season isn't shown in the UK until the spring so I guess we'll have to wait until the fall.

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2011

Bringing in De La Garza is just a desperate move by Wolf to save the show. LOLA won't get a second season.

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2011

Ben Daniels fired. Hmm..too bad. I know british actors really don't do long runs on tv series as do American actors, but I hope he returns in some capacity.%0D %0D damn, damn, damn.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2011

I might actually have to watch this show now.

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2011

I agree with R19. I'd be shocked to see a second season for LOLA. I'd also be willing to bet TPTB at NBC are now regretting not giving the original series its last record-breaking season instead of greenlighting this POS series. Dumb, dumb move.%0D %0D [quote]Would really like to have Linus Roache, as well.%0D %0D I agree but in my bed.

by Anonymousreply 2201/31/2011

Just bring whoever they need to from LA over and restart the NY version like it never ended. What a bad move!

by Anonymousreply 2301/31/2011

A world in which Southland exists sadly doesn't really need a Law & Order: LA.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2011

On tonight!

by Anonymousreply 2504/11/2011

I like De La Garza, too, but I honestly can't bear to look at Alfred Molina. If anybody needed to be killed off, it was him. And to have a D.A. go back to being a cop is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2604/11/2011

I watched some of the early episodes, and while it wasn't great, it wasn't THAT bad either.%0D %0D NBC seems desperate for shows, so if the re-working helps, I say this show stays!

by Anonymousreply 2704/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 2804/12/2011

Did anyone watch? Molina might not be much to look at, but he can act circles around Skeet.%0D %0D BTW, Skeet may get the last laugh after all. The ratings were awful. Worse than before they pulled the show to try and fix things.

by Anonymousreply 2904/12/2011

I watched it. Molina's no looker, but he was killer in his scenes with the Mexican boy (who's an AWFUL actor, BTW) and the kid's parents.

Terrence Howard is stiff as ever, and de la Garza didn't add much.

I've never gotten the Skeet-hate; it's the bald partner who seems a cipher to me.

by Anonymousreply 3004/12/2011

It doesn't look good for LOLA

The re-premiere of Law & Order: Los Angeles stumbled badly, drawing just a 1.5 rating for its two hour special, down 32% from its last original episode (12/1/10).

I think this is a total rejection by long-time series fans of the mother ship who are still furious that the original was treated so shabbily.

by Anonymousreply 3104/12/2011

"I watched it. Molina's no looker, but he was killer in his scenes with the Mexican boy (who's an AWFUL actor, BTW) "

Not only did I think the kid was awful I get the impression that Spanish is not something he speaks often, if at all.

"Terrence Howard is stiff as ever"

He was horrible. He has no charisma at all.

by Anonymousreply 3204/12/2011

[quote]Not only did I think the kid was awful I get the impression that Spanish is not something he speaks often, if at all.

Thank you, R32--I wondered if it was just me. His Spanish was terrible--Skeet's was 10x better! I saw that same kid last year on THE CLOSER, and noticed the same thing.

How hard can it be in LA to find a passable actor who speaks Spanish like a native Latin American?

by Anonymousreply 3304/12/2011

I'm not surprised, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 3404/13/2011

[quote]Ben Daniels has been **FIRED** from the UK version%0D %0D They've also replaced Bill Paterson, who played the head of the Crown Prosecution Service (their version of Adam Schiff) with Peter "Fifth Doctor" Davison, which means that when new episodes start, they'll have both the Doctor and Martha working for the CPS.%0D %0D I think one of the reasons why I've liked LOUK so much is because they've mostly taken the strongest episodes from Mothership and adapted them, rather than just picking the chaff along with the wheat. They did a version of the episode where homophobic cops left a gay cop from their station to die that was I think better than the original, and another with the one where Freema Agyeman's character filled in for Dr. Olivet and got raped by her gyno.%0D %0D Anyway, personally, if they were going to do something with Rubirosa, I wish they'd just moved her over to SVU.

by Anonymousreply 3504/13/2011

[quote] Anyway, personally, if they were going to do something with Rubirosa, I wish they'd just moved her over to SVU.

She looks too much like Mariska for that.

by Anonymousreply 3604/13/2011

Very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3704/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!