Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

She is just awful. You think her 15 minutes are almost over?

by Anonymousreply 8501/02/2014

And, can she take Robyn with her, please?

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2011

And, can they both take Sexy Sadie with them to carry their luggage, please?

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2011

I like her better than Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2011

I think she's trying to tell us something with the $ sign,anyone heard the rumor she was a whore?.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2011

The success of someone as talent-free as Ke$ha, only proves that dumb people buy into any sort of hype.

This is entertainment? My five year old nephew, screeching while banging on a plastic container, has more talent than this creep!

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2011

R7, when creating a soap opera level commodity, they start with beige.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2011

I agree R6, her beats get stuck in my head.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2011

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2011

Can she take Gaga with her, please?

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2011

I think she's a skank, but her songs grow on me - and I like her better than Katy Perry too.

Her performance (singing wise) was actually better on the AMA's than I've ever heard.

Actually, when you compare her live singing to Taylor Swift's, she's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2011

I believe her 15 minutes are almost up.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2011

I really do believe that it's an elaborate prank and that she's the JT Leroy of pop music. For all the gutter trash drunk skank whore act, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that she's actually, say, a graduate student in cultural studies or art being ironic and making fun of the people who buy her music. If you go to her website, it's like one of those Geocities or Angelfire sites from 1999.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2011

She's absolutely terrible but do people really deserve any better. After years of pushing no talents on the public and the public snatching up their mp3s, the public is just as guilty as the record execs.

Grunge just wasn't that marketable, even though it did sell - and so this and the myriad of boy and girl bands was their answer.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2011

I like your beard, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2011

There's a place downtown where the freaks all come around

It's a hole in the wall, a dirty free for all!

Her songs are so catchy, bubble gummy and fun. I agree with those who like her better than Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2011

I'll say one thing for Kesha, she fits right in as a soundtrack for some of those pre-code movie queens. Love this one especially:

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2011

Loathed "Tik Tok" but love "We R Who We R."

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2011

She's from a middle class family in Nashville. Her mom is one of those granola types. The whole gutter trash thing is just a put-on. I think it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2011

Thanks, R18, that was hilarious. Okay, I tried to hate the girl, but damn, the songs are catchy. No nutritional content, but fun

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2011

Speaking of Ke$ha's 15 minutes..."Tik Tok."

by Anonymousreply 2201/31/2011

She looks like she smells.

by Anonymousreply 2301/31/2011

She's an excellent french kisser.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2011

I love Ke$ha. Her songs are catchy and well sung.%0D %0D What's sad is a 54 year old gay guy I know says his favorite artist is Lady Gaga. Come on, at 54 he should be listening to Lawrence Welk or something. Old people should stop TRYING to be cool.

by Anonymousreply 2501/31/2011

I actually like her more than Katy Perry too. She also seems classier.

by Anonymousreply 2602/01/2011

I'd like her glitter.

by Anonymousreply 2703/23/2011

Maybe she can write for other artists when her career is done.

by Anonymousreply 2803/24/2011

I can't stand Ke$ha and think she's just trash but 1 thing I would never accuse her of is being stupid. I think she either got a perfect score or near that on her SATs.

Her schtick is to provoke. Why is she obsessed with Satanic and Illuminati-inspired visuals though. A friend linked me the video for her current single and it's overboard with those symbols. Unless she just wants a rise out of the super Christians, I don't get her point.

by Anonymousreply 2911/22/2012

Kesha wrote this letter to Lady Gaga, addressing it to her legal name (Steph Germinatta whatever) on behalf of PETA. For awhile Gaga was wearing all these horrific fur creations by this New York furrier ...I forget her name but she sells her faux shit on QVC.

by Anonymousreply 3011/22/2012

r6 not true she writes her songs as well as others.

Her mother is a songwriter also.

Everyone knows the real money is in song writing.

by Anonymousreply 3111/22/2012

What's sad is a 54 year old gay guy I know says his favorite artist is Lady Gaga.

No whats sadder is hes seen this shit before done better by all the Artist she ripped off.

Its like proclaiming your love for the transformers now when you loved them originally in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 3211/22/2012

yeah that new Ke$ha video is creepy. I think she's a poser though. I don't think she's really into all that crazy stuff. All for show.

by Anonymousreply 3311/22/2012

Her latest video is just more satanic occult weirdness that isn't cool or funny or edgey. The music industry's imagery has been insane this year. Truly sinister shit across the board. Try not to identify and Eye of Horus or Illuminati Pyramid on every other album cover. Look at whore Rihanna, who can't pose without covering or concealing an eye. And the lightning bolt is the symbol of Lucifer, sent from heaven like a bolt of lightning.

by Anonymousreply 3411/22/2012

I'll take Ke$ha over Cunty Perry any day. Same with RiRi (depends on the song).

by Anonymousreply 3511/23/2012

Didnt she die from an overdose already????

by Anonymousreply 3611/23/2012

Ke$ha will be through pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 3711/23/2012

R32 what's sad is liking Madonna and giving her a free pass on all the shit she ripped off of other artists.

by Anonymousreply 3811/23/2012

R38 amen *clap, clap*

and yes Ke$ha is so tacky and forced with that imagery. She wanted to make the news since any publicity = more sales.

by Anonymousreply 3911/23/2012

Image is everything. To me all the gimicky visuals push the quality of the songs into the background. I'd guess I would like some of her songs more if I could erase the mental fake skank image from my mind.

by Anonymousreply 4011/23/2012

Kesha was seen Wednesday partying with a tall blonde woman at a gay bar in Venice Beach, Calif. as rumors fly about her sexual preferences.

The 26-year-old, who played a role in her friend Katy Perry's single I Kissed a Girl, reportedly came in, ordered a few drinks, and hung out just like one of the regulars, according to Radar Online.

"Kesha looked as trashy as ever on her date with her lady friend," said a customer at the bar, based on the report. "It was definitely more than two friends checking out a gay bar," the insider continued, "Kesha was very comfortable. They were totally into each other and stayed very close together. When Michael Jackson's song Man in the Mirror started playing on the juke box Kesha grabbed her date and pulled her to the middle of the crowded bar and started dirty dancing with her." The singer and songwriter, known for her questionable fashion sense has admitted to being bisexual. "I wouldn't say I'm gay or straight," Kesha told Seventeen magazine back in January, according to Radar Online. "I don't just love men. I don't like labeling things anyway. It's not about a gender. It's just about the spirit that exudes from that other person you're with. I just like people." "I'm proud of who I am- I'm not perfect, but that's okay and I encourage everybody else to do the same," she said in a February interview with the magazine.

by Anonymousreply 4104/12/2013

she has been quiet lately

by Anonymousreply 4205/08/2013

She was a guest on Conan's show recently. I was surprised at how much Conan seemed to genuinely like her. I assumed he'd brush her off as white trash.

by Anonymousreply 4305/08/2013

Sometimes it's nice being an elder and not knowing Keisha from GaGa from Tebow.

by Anonymousreply 4405/08/2013

Her most recent album sunk fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

The 1 good thing about 2013 music is that Ke$ha is flopping HARD. Yeah, her first song did well until the tragic school massacre, but her followup single has crashed and burned on the charts. We'll see what happens with her next single but she's not hot at the moment. She to me is the worst of the new recording acts in the last 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 4608/21/2013

Thank goodness she's flopping this year! "C'mon" and "Crazy Kids" have made almost no impression at all on the charts. It's interesting-she started off with her first 7 singles all being top 10 (some #1, some top 5 etc). Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga weren't able to do that yet those 3 have had more staying power. Ke$ha luckily appears to be a quick trend who is burning out. Unfortunately she's coming out with a rock-themed collaboration album soon...let's see if that revives her career.

by Anonymousreply 4708/23/2013

Ke$ha just is who she is. There are a number of bigger stars who are at least as untalented as she is, but who aren't willing to own up to being as bad as she is. She's like The Eagles or KC and the Sunshine Band.

by Anonymousreply 4808/23/2013

and she's a flop in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 5008/27/2013

I like her a lot. There's something juicy in her voice that I find irresistable. She's pop/rock, nothing more, nothing less. I'm 41, gay guy, and I don't feel too old listening to her. Good pop songs give you happiness, and hers do that to me.

I also love her image, since she's a bit trashy, but I've never felt that she's faking it, like some people here seem to say. She's playing the pop star game and she's playing different roles. I love the video of Crazy Kids and her styling in that. I think her visual imagery has been a bit all over the place, though, but she is B list, and I actually think that I like that her image is not as controlled and shiny as it is for Britney Spears or Gaga etc.

I've watched a few episodes of her reality on MTV and she seems pretty cool girl who has worked hard to be where she is. I hope her all the happiness and success but she's not someone I'll miss that much in few years if she stops making music. At the moment she's a bit like Lana Del Ray to me: I play some of their songs a lot until someone replaces them. And that is how pop music works.

by Anonymousreply 5108/27/2013

omg R51 Just read Ke$ha's comments when the school shooting happened last year. She admitted the label "forced" her to record the "Die Young" song. She's not in control of everything about her career. Her image is also quite contrived. Also, "good pop songs" and "Ke$ha" don't belong together; it's an impossible combination. It's good that the public is understanding how awful she is.

by Anonymousreply 5208/27/2013

R52, if I remember correctly she claimed first that the record company made her do it or that she didn't write the lyrics etc. but later said she lied because she panicked about the shooting. She's not perfect, and I liked that she admitted the whole thing. The truth could be something else, who cares.

Yes her image is a bit all over the place, like I said, but it's not like they are trying to represent her as a night club singer. They are representing her as a fucking pop singer with a twist. Of course record company controls many aspects of her career, it would be the news if they didn't.

Her songs are good pop songs to me and to millions of others who like her music. Give me examples of what you see as good pop songs.

by Anonymousreply 5308/27/2013

Ke$ha who?

by Anonymousreply 5408/27/2013

R53 well for starters I wouldn't call her a singer.

by Anonymousreply 5508/27/2013

The next thing Ke$ha will be doing is to change her image from a party girl to a real serious singer. She can't continue with the party girl image forever. My two cents.

by Anonymousreply 5608/29/2013

Great performance on Graham Norton

by Anonymousreply 5708/29/2013

I knew her brother (the one who shoots the reality show) growing up in Nashville. Her mom was a songwriter for Dolly Parton and I think she has helped a lot in crafting her image.

by Anonymousreply 5808/29/2013

This is a wicked mashup of Kesha's Die Young and songs from Taio Cruz, Owl City and Flo Rida.

by Anonymousreply 5908/30/2013

Kesha is following the career arc of Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 6008/30/2013

Kesha is pretty polarizing. Not a great artist, but no where near as dumb terrible as Katy Perry or silly and confused terrible as Lady Gaga.

Rihanna is too sexy and gets too many good songs to criticize. She does her thing well.

None of them can sing, but I dig Kesha best.

She is gonna sing Dylan, so prepare yourself.

"Don't Think Twice"

by Anonymousreply 6108/30/2013

Are you ready?

Her wiki says,"...she is an ordained minister having been ordained online."

by Anonymousreply 6208/30/2013

sorry, the link...

Don't think twice.

by Anonymousreply 6308/30/2013

She has talent, but gives the public what it wants. She's writtenover wo-hundred songs. Most of her persona is commentary by a preppy Jewish nerd girl on what she sees in her friend sin LA.

by Anonymousreply 6408/30/2013

"she has talent" no, no she doesn't. Ke$ha is another non-talent but it's even worse as she's even pretty. The only thing I'll say about her is she is a smart girl who likes to play the dumb, party chick. If she doesn't change her image and music with the next album she's over.

by Anonymousreply 6508/30/2013

Speak on it R65.

by Anonymousreply 6608/30/2013

Unfortunately it appears Tra$ha has a new hit on her hands, as she's featured in the new Pitbull song "Timber". It's doing really well on itunes now:

by Anonymousreply 6710/08/2013

[quote]Unfortunately it appears Tra$ha has a new hit on her hands, as she's featured in the new Pitbull song "Timber".

Is that Pitbull asshole ever going to go away? And can he do any songs on his own without a trashy female doing backup?

by Anonymousreply 6810/08/2013

Someone completely turned their back on Kesha. The same thing happened to Sabi. Once you piss him off, you don't get a second chance. Becky G is supposed to be the Kesha replacement, but everyone hates Becky.

by Anonymousreply 6910/08/2013

She looks like her pussy stinks.

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 7010/08/2013

I'm not a fan of her music, but Kesha's interesting to me. She's apparently a MENSA level genius, can actually write music (she's written tons of songs for other pop stars), and seems like she'd be fun to have drink with.

God, that Dylan cover was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 7110/08/2013

She's the JT Leroy of pop music. An elaborate prank making fun of our obsession, as a culture, with skankiness, vapidity, and scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 7210/08/2013

That new song Timber with Pitbull is A-W-F-U-L!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7312/15/2013

Surprised??? She's ugly and has no talent.

by Anonymousreply 7412/15/2013

She's not ugly. I liked her "Deconstructed" sessions quite a lot. She sounds better when she's not singing in such an affected way and not autotuned to hell.

She does a lot for animal welfare and is a big science geek. She seems like a very genuine thoughtful person in interviews and she has a good sense of humor. She's not a great talent, but I don't have any ill will against her.

Pink is the most talented female pop singer out there right now; everyone else is honestly mediocre anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7512/15/2013

R75 Ke$ha is not a pretty girl, just average at best. She's also not a good singer at all. The only thing she has going for her is intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 7612/15/2013

R76 I find her attractive but not stunningly so. Average cute, so I agree with you there. She isn't a technically proficient singer and I don't really enjoy her music in general, but I enjoyed her performances in the "Deconstructed" sessions. It's her best work by far, though I realize to many that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 7712/15/2013

I couldn't pick this girl out of a lineup.

by Anonymousreply 7812/15/2013

Kesha had sonic snot gushing out of her nose in that Dylan cover. She seemed upset.

by Anonymousreply 7912/15/2013

Didn't she and Katy Perry know each other years back pre-fame? It's funny to see how their careers have been see-sawing up and down. Right now, Ke$ha's Pitbull duet "Timber" is heading for the top, while Katy's "Unconditionally" appears to be stalling.

by Anonymousreply 8012/15/2013

"Don't Think Twice" wasn't as bad as I expected. It's a Dylan cover - were people expecting Maria Callas levels of singing or what. I'm reading she did it in one take on her computer. It's not bad, it's got some authentic emotion in it, which is more than anyone can say about anything Katy Perry and Rihanna have ever done.

by Anonymousreply 8112/15/2013

R75 I liked her Deconstructed songs quite a bit as well. She seems fun, if a little try-hard.

Agree about Pink's voice. She and Kelly Clarkson have the best voices of the pop girls, though Kelly seems to be heading towards country.

by Anonymousreply 8212/15/2013

She does seem fun if a bit try-hard. There's something weirdly sensitive about Kesha to me despite her penchant for flippancy and parody. Maybe sensitive isn't the word I'm looking for. Delicate?

R82, agree about Pink and Kelly. They're the best songwriters out there right now in pop, too. Pink in particular is pitifully underrated. Her voice is really beautiful and she seems like such a good person.

by Anonymousreply 8312/15/2013

On the heels of her success "Timber" with Pitbull, Tra$ha is back and releasing 1 more single from her FLOP Warrior album. This has more of a rock sound to it.

by Anonymousreply 8401/02/2014

Well that is a poor song.

by Anonymousreply 8501/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!