Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hugh Dancy

I used to think he was perfect in every way (handsome, intelligent, and talented), but then he married Claire Danes--who I can't stand at ALL. Are there any other fans? Any interesting stories about him? Somebody claimed in another thread that he slept with Michael Cunningham before he met Claire, but I think that's bullshit. How would he be able to keep something like that under wraps when his wife was in a film adaptation of one of MC's books? I'd imagine that since they're all based in NYC it would have to come up, and even though she's a CU next Tuesday, Claire doesn't seem like the bearding type.

by Anonymousreply 5809/24/2013

He married her? I don't remember that.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2011

So pretty but I lost my crush when he married that evil bitch.

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2011

Isn't he bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2011

Love him, feel neutral bordering on dislike towards her. Did he do it to raise his profile?

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2011

The best part of the tale is that Danes cheated on Billy Crudup with Dancy, after Crudup left Mary Louise Parker -- while she was pregnant with their child -- to be with Danes.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2011

Hugh Dancy is the son of Jonathan Dancy, a noted philosopher, and a book publisher. Consequently, he is extemely intelligent and well-educated. Fellow actors on the set of a movie commented that Dancy would polish off a weighty tome every day while waiting for set-ups. His charisma, beauty, brains and breeding are a rare commodity in American movies (and thankfully he's been picky in his choices).

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2011

Three word, R3:

Mary Louise Parker

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2011

Maybe Claire doesn't care that Hugh is bi, OP.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2011

I find Claire Danes annoying.%0D %0D And especially annoying in the ludicrous tv commercial for the eyelash growing product.%0D %0D Who the hell needs to use chemicals on their eyelashes to make them grow longer? It is a completely unnecessary, ridiculous product and no one should be encouraged to buy it, use it, or to think it is something to be desired.%0D %0D People can get along with the natural eyelashes which they presently have.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2011

That rumor about him carousing with Cunningham and a hotel manager is kind of weirdly specific for a fake

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2011

I think that stuff screwed up her eyes, R10

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2011

Claire Danes is a home-wrecking hussy, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2011

I'd always heard that Hugh Dancy had been open about his bisexuality, like Tom Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2011

The heart wants what the heart wants.

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2011

Most British actors are bisexual, in an open relationship or they are swingers..

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2011

I'd never even heard of him before he guest-starred on [italic]The Big C,[/italic] but I find him absolutely beguiling.

by Anonymousreply 1708/15/2011

I thought the bisexuality thing was supposed to make him look bohemian (considering his family background)? Didn't pan out that way though.

He was absolutely dreamy in that "The Sleeping Dictionary" movie.

Tempo was horrible, because of Melani G.'s horrific face. I just couldn't get past that.

Adam is a great movie.

by Anonymousreply 1808/15/2011

I think the fact that this story originaged with Cunningham tells us all we need to know. He should be so lucky. And no, he never looked QUITE like his jacket photos, so quiet down.

by Anonymousreply 1908/15/2011

Hugh will be playing a submissive to Nina Arianda's dom in just a few months. On Broadway. %0D

by Anonymousreply 2008/15/2011

[quote]Claire Danes is a home-wrecking hussy, that's why.

Is that really the ONLY reason you have for disliking someone??? What is this? Victorian England?

It's 2011, honey. Shit happens. Couples break up all the time. It's not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2011

It bears repeating: Claire Danes is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2208/15/2011

"How would he be able to keep something like that under wraps when his wife was in a film adaptation of one of MC's books?"%0D %0D %0D %0D Huh? What does that have to do with anything? %0D %0D %0D "I thought the bisexuality thing was supposed to make him look bohemian (considering his family background)?"%0D %0D %0D Well, he denied sleeping with guys, so he obviously isn't trying to look bohemian. If he is bi he obviously isn't open about it.%0D %0D %0D "Most British actors are bisexual"%0D %0D %0D Only in your imagination.

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2011

I saw him in Maldives a few years ago. He was trying to get online, I was sitting at the next computer. In the "media hut" at the resort. he couldn't get it to work and was a bit fussy, so I did it for him. Realised I'd seen him before when I left a few minutes later to go to the beach. he wasn't charismatic or wildly intelligent at all...he was quite petulant and seemed nonplussed that I helped him out then went away. He could have said something witty, but to be honest he came across as a bit of a drip, just like any other whey faced public schoolboy in England. Just passing it on, no interest in Hugh Dancy one way or the other, and not star struck by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2412/20/2012

He has become boring.

by Anonymousreply 2512/20/2012

He and Billy Crudup -- no there, there

by Anonymousreply 2612/20/2012

I thought it was Ewan McGregor he was involved with...allegedly there were some sexting issues between them and Clare got wind of it.

by Anonymousreply 2712/20/2012

Huge Nancy

by Anonymousreply 2812/20/2012

I think he's very talented - a much better foil for Nina Arianda in VENUS IN FUR onstage than Wes Bently in the original off-Broadway staging.

I've liked him in every film or TV show I've seen with him, particularly ADAM, THE BIG C (his scenes with Laura Linney saved that entire 2nd season), and HYSTERIA. He was also one of the few interesting elements in the otherwise dreary MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE.

by Anonymousreply 2912/20/2012

I suspect that many gays want to fuck his ass. I understand why.

by Anonymousreply 3012/20/2012

He is cute, but WHET to Claire's face? She looks stern and older than her age. Is it the over-plucked eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 3112/20/2012

Michael Cunningham was very handsome years ago. I've seen him lately only in pictures. He looks every bit the equal of Hugh Dancy, who seems breakable.

by Anonymousreply 3212/20/2012

I have a FB who is part of their social circle. Hugh had cheated on her (no idea with who) and it had gotten out, there were rumors all over the place, to the point that every one had heard. The next time he saw Claire, she made a big deal claiming they had a semi-open marriage and everything was great. No one believed it, but they figured it was the only way she could save face. The next several times he saw them together she was either super clingy or silent and bitch faced. About 6-7 months after the rumors of the affair were flying arround he heard that she was pregnant. I think she should be just about ready to have the kid. Heard also that he hasn't been the happiest husband during the pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 3312/20/2012

I think DL hates Claire Danes for the same reason they hate just about every other actress.

People delighted in hating Natalie Portman until she made that horrible movie and won the oscar.

by Anonymousreply 3412/20/2012

I don't hate her, but I do think she used to be cute and looks haggard now (even before her pregnancy).

by Anonymousreply 3612/24/2012

More proof what a crap shoot success in show biz is.

Before the acclaimed TEMPLE GRANDIN movie, Danes spent a few years where she couldn't get arrested as an actress. She just wasn't getting the parts. Now HOMELAND has changed everything for her at 33.

Dancy has more impressive acting chops but his movie choices have been pretty terrible (SHOPAHOLIC, BASIC INSTINCT 2, THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB, among others) and he never caught on with the public. Maybe he'll luck out in TV, but he's almost 40. I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 3712/24/2012

I kept thinking I'd never seen Dancy on film and then I realized that I've seen all three films in R37's post and didn't remember Dancy at all. Granted all of those films suck but I remember the other actors in them.

by Anonymousreply 3812/24/2012

He's a cute little bottom.

by Anonymousreply 3906/13/2013

Ugh Claire Danes. Cannot bear to look at her.

by Anonymousreply 4106/13/2013

Can we have a thread where his wife isn't being mentioned. I just want to talk about him and his bisexual past.

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2013

I thought he was hot when I first saw him in Daniel Deronda something like ten years ago. I know nothing of his bisexual past (or present, for that matter).

by Anonymousreply 4306/13/2013

A pic, since OP (and nobody else for that matter) could be bothered:

by Anonymousreply 4406/13/2013

Very fuckable indeed.......

by Anonymousreply 4506/13/2013

Sexual. I wouldn't mind bending him over. He's had a few kisses with men in 2 movies, looked very comfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if his bisexual rumours turn out to be real.

by Anonymousreply 4606/13/2013

He's known in certain circles as Huge Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 4706/13/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 4806/13/2013

Isn't he the poor man's Henry Cavill?

by Anonymousreply 4906/13/2013

He is older than Henry Cavil but looks very young. Id screw him any day.

by Anonymousreply 5006/13/2013

He played an autistic guy in some movie as the main character... and I fell head over heels in love with him. I mean, holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 5106/14/2013

Claire Danes is very thin and flat chested so i'm guessing he butt fucks her a lot and in one of those bangs some of his British baby batter made its way to her shaved NY raised vajayjay!

by Anonymousreply 5206/14/2013

Backwards don't you think you have that, R49?

by Anonymousreply 5306/14/2013

I hope his show lasts for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 5406/14/2013

He's quite a good actor--he's terrific in Hannibal. He also can look both very handsome when dolled up and less remarkable when he's Will Graham.

by Anonymousreply 5509/24/2013

I have seen both Hugh Dancy and Billy Crudup in a Broadway show, and they are both incredibly good looking in real life as well as in photos. Claire Danes must be doing something right to have snagged both of them.

by Anonymousreply 5609/24/2013

He was so cute in that movie Evening. His homo chemistry with Patrick Wilson in it was most delicious.

by Anonymousreply 5709/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.