Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Former Gov. Mark Sanford And His Argentinian Mistress-Turned-Girlfriend

Well, they're not hiking the Appalachian Trail.%0D %0D Photo:

by Anonymousreply 5512/29/2012

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2011

See? Gay Marriage destroyed Mark Sanford's sanctified Christian marriage!

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2011

The poor fool is middle-aged. Like a lot of middle-aged men he probably thinks he has found a new love and a new life.

They won't be together for long.

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2011

Sanford has a TERRIFIC body for a man his age. I'd hit that.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2011

I don't see much of a body.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2011

I don't agree with his politics, but he clearly married a woman with a horrible personality only because she looked good on paper (pretty, educated, wealthy).

I support anyone who's able to find true love.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2011

Oh, lord, R6. You can't be serious.

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2011

"I support anyone who's able to find true love."%0D %0D You said it! The heart wants what it wants!%0D

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2011

"I don't agree with his politics, but he clearly married a woman with a horrible personality only because she looked good on paper (pretty, educated, wealthy)."

Because his personality is NOT horrible?

Btw, he looks like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2011

Good for him.

If he were some 55 year old female who'd left her husband and family for a swinging cock, you'd all be applauding her.

I hope he's having an awesome time and hope they're married. Anything would be better than that droopy sad sack shrew he had back in that miserable hillbilly holler he's from.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2011

R10, if he was a 55yo female, posters would be calling her a whore who was only using the men for whatever she could get out of them.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2011

Karma takes a fall.

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2011

Is thaat the best photo they could get? That couple could be anyone.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2011

More photos

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2011

When you see a guy reach for stars in the sky you can bet that he's doing it for some doll.

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2011

MS was pushed to the top by his rich castrating ambitious breeder Christian wife.

He realized this mid-life and he's decided he is gonna live his own life on HIS terms!

It's a life journey not unfamiliar to many gays and lesbians.

(BTW, he has BDF).

by Anonymousreply 1601/28/2011

>>>If he were some 55 year old female who'd left her husband and family for a swinging cock, you'd all be applauding her.%0D %0D %0D %0D No we wouldn't

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2011

R10 is an idiot. Does he really think this is true love?

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2011

Is r10 kidding? She would be called a whore, a slut, a frau, a bitch, and those would probably be the nicest terms.

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2011

At least he wasn't smoking the pole like mine. I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIRST LADY.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2011

What's BDF?%0D %0D Far as I am concerned, anything that takes down politicians like him, is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2011

Another good for him. He did exactly what others expected of him for most of his life. %0D %0D The ex-Mrs Sanford showed her true colors when she wrote a book about her divorce. %0D %0D Too bad about his politics. Maybe his Argentinian friend will open his eyes to life's realities.

by Anonymousreply 2201/28/2011

It's been TWO YEARS since their relationship came into public view.%0D %0D So two years later, these photos show that the two of them are still in love and together.%0D %0D I'm really happy for Mark Sanford - that he found love and happiness and joy and enjoyment.%0D %0D It's a wonderful gift in life to find love and happiness.%0D %0D The two of them have last about three years so far. Who wouldn't want a beautiful, shapely woman in Argentina who he considers his soulmate? %0D %0D She looks very beutiful, and very lovely for age 43. Lucky man.

by Anonymousreply 2301/28/2011

You know, life's too short to spend it with someone who doesn't make you happy. Who am I to judge his choices? I hope he's finally happy and at peace.

by Anonymousreply 2401/28/2011

sorry, beautiful%0D %0D Also, she is an accomplished woman - I think she is a journalist.%0D %0D It's interesting that she is still interested in Mark Sanford now that he is no long Governor of South Carolina.%0D %0D If anything, he's probably just a run of the mill businessman now - and it appears she is still interested in him. (I have not heard what he's been doing for a living since leaving the governorship) I thought maybe she was originally interested in him because he had somewhat high status - but obviously not.

by Anonymousreply 2501/28/2011

He made the right choice

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2011

>>He realized this mid-life and he's decided he is gonna live his own life on HIS terms!%0D %0D %0D %0D Yes, and he hurt his entire family doing it on his terms! He embarrassed his kids, his wife, his parents to within an inch of their lives and he doesn't give two shits about it. He turned his family's lives into a national laughingstock%0D %0D %0D %0D And the entire time he was carrying on this affair and using government funds to conduct it and to hide it, he was bitching and moaning about the Democrats and their behavior. He went into hysterics over Pressident Clinton and Monica Lewinsky

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2011

He looks to be still nuts deep in lust.

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2011

R27 writes:%0D %0D Yes, and he hurt his entire family doing it on his terms! He embarrassed his kids, his wife, his parents to within an inch of their lives and he doesn't give two shits about it. He turned his family's lives into a national laughingstock.%0D %0D moralist R27, all of the above does not really matter. That's what happens during divorce. People get hurt. It cannot be helped when one wants out of a marriage.%0D %0D I do think he had too many kids - four kids is a lot - but I'm guessing his christian ex-wife wanted them.%0D %0D The only thing I would criticize him about is using state funds to travel to Argentina - not sure how many times he did that though - maybe only once - and he apparently was carrying out some economic development for the state during one of the South American trips.%0D %0D I don't give a damn if he criticized Clinton and Monica.%0D %0D It's interesting that he was a rising star in the republican party - including being considered for Vice-President and considered a potention candidate for President.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2011

Any recent pics of the sons? Are they getting hot yet?

by Anonymousreply 3001/28/2011

[quote]It's interesting that he was a rising star in the republican party - including being considered for Vice-President and considered a potention candidate for President.

Thanks for saving the USA, Argentinian soulmate.

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2011

sorry, potential%0D %0D His four sons looked quite homely and almost ugly in photos.%0D %0D They look nothing like their father.%0D %0D Several of the sons look like the character on the cover of MAD magazine or Howdy Doody-ish.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2011

[quote]Anything would be better than that droopy sad sack shrew he had back in that miserable hillbilly holler he's from.

You people slamming Jenny Sanford are ignorant idiots, making assumptions not based in fact. Why do you all assume she was Lady Macbeth, pushing a sad-sack husband into a career he did not want?

FYI, her great-grandfather founded the Skil powertool company. She's not from some "hillbilly holler;" she's from wealthy Winnetka, IL. She was on the fast-track in her Wall Street firm, and former colleagues still speak highly of her talents.

The girl married DOWN, and paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2011

Gee, 33, that just makes me think even more that she pushed him to succeed. That Wall Street drive. She had to have been tough for a woman to have successfully been on a fast track even only 25 or 30 years ago. She transferred her ambitions onto him. There was hell to pay when she realized that her surrogate wasn't going to take her to the White House or even the VP house.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2011

Only on DL would a politician who peddled his career on 'family values' and opposed gay marriage get a pass for being a douche to his wife and his children. As long as he's happy, then that's all that matters, right. I mean, he was trapped into that loveless marriage with the rich heiress; he was forced into politics, he was driven to cheat on his wife because she was a meany to him. He's just an all-round victim in this entire process.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2011

[quote][R10], if he was a 55yo female, posters would be calling her a whore who was only using the men for whatever she could get out of them.

Yes, because it would be true. The rules are different for women.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2011

When a man cheats on his wife it's ALWAYS the wife's fault.

When a man has a lot of children he was FORCED to have them by his wife.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2011

I'm happy he's found love. His former wife, Jenny, seems remarkably strong.%0D %0D But I still think his original excuse about where he was when he went missing "hiking the Appalachian Trail" was the funniest thing I heard during that whole year of scandals and celebrity news...and that even included Michael Jackson dying.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2011

Uh, he lied to his constituents -- he lied to his staff -- worst of all

he lied to his wife! his life partner! the mother of his children.

he has no integrity. he was a dick -- he HURT A LOT OF PEOPLE.

He could have handled this so differently. If he doesn't want to be with Jenny forever, fine. But don't cheat on her just because you don't want to either pay for or suffer politically from a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2011

R39. Well get a load of little ol' self-righteous, sanctimonious you!

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2011

Please. What did he do to his children? Am I at iVillage? No woman or man is happy when their spouse falls out of love with them or maybe realizes they were never loved in the first place. There is almost always embarrassment or bitterness during divorces. As for the public airing and embarrassment of it all - well, that's what comes with having the privileges and perks of being a part of a governor's family which his whole family benefited from and will continue to benefit from in the future. Some of you need to get a grip. Yea, he handled it badly but it is by far not the worst thing in the world to experience. I'll bet those sons prefer this life with THIS experience to being the sons of a no-name out of work accountant.%0D %0D Maybe this "awakening" will also awaken a better view on the world for this guy. Some people - especially men, god love 'em - need to be hit over the head with a two by four before they get what life is really about. %0D %0D I ain't shedding one tear for his privileged and wealthy family.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2011

Oh, nevermind. I just read all the posts in this thread, and the pro-Mark posts are definitely trolly.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2011

Troll at r30, if you want to have a thread about morals then then just come out & say it. But don't be dishonest about it.

Unless you're just goading for a flame war.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2011

Yeah, he lied. He lied to everyone, betrayed everyone, and, most of all, he had been lying to himself. But that's what people do when they are in thrall to an "amour fou."

Clinton lied about 11 blow jobs. Big Dick Face Sanford lied about his Buenos Aires mistress. Yes, it hurts everyone involved. BUT:

Far worse is lying about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq or supporting the public option in health reform or being a "fierce advocate" for sexual minorities...

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2011

What did he do to his children? %0D %0D %0D %0D He embarrassed them in front of the entire country. There scummy father told the world he loved this new woman and no longer loved their mother. He was constantly trying to call her and see her. And he lied to them for at least a year. When he was with his girlfriend he told them he was at some conference or some other lie. They'll remember that. He'd preferred to spend time with his girlfriend over time with his children. They will remember that too

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2011

ALL MEN and ALL WOMEN who want out of a marriage and want a divorce, do some lying before the disentanglement begins and do some lying while the disentanglement takes place.%0D %0D The lying is a given.%0D %0D The lying is a given in all marriages where an affair takes place and where either the husband or wife has cheated with someone else and then wants out of the marriage.%0D %0D People stuck in unsatisfactory marriages are always the first to crucify and criticize in the most sanctimonious way.

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2011

He's hot. I want to lick him all over. I don't want to talk to him, however. Just lick him. And suck his cock.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2011

Men hunt. Women wait.

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2011

I think a lot of scorned women are posting on this thread. Life is hard. It's harder when you have to go through it without real love. He found love. Sometimes that's messy. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2011

The guy is a major homophobe. Why are you all defending this creep? He's a member of The Family. Fuck you people are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2011

He's a "family values" hypocrite. Why is DL going easy on him? Because he's a straight guy? Whoever said "if he were a 55 year old woman" must be brand new to DL. A woman would have been ripped to shreds, *especially* if she were a Republican against gay rights as Sanford is.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2011

I can't believe we're nearly at 50 posts, and yet only the last few have lambasted him for being a nasty hypocritical 'family values' homophobe? This disgusting turd needs to be raked over the coals for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2011

I know he's a tampon-eating scumbag, r52, but will it change anything if I post some long rant about him?

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2011

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 5412/29/2012

I hope his ex-wife runs against him for Jim DeMint's House seat. That would be truly popcorn-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 5512/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.