Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jack Kemp was very definitely a homosexual.

Here's the conversation between Nick Bryant, author and investigator of The Franklin Scandal and interviewer. Jack Kemp was the ONLY one he said was very definitely a homosexual.

Nick Bryant: Jack Kemp was very definitely a homosexual, so there is a good probability...

Interviewer: Who was a homosexual?? Who was a homosexual?

Nick Bryant: Jack Kemp.

Interviewer: Jack Kemp. Really? Okay.

Nick Bryant: You can Google Jack Kemp and gay Jack Anderson and Drew Pearsonand...actually in 1985, he was on the Today Show and he was asked if he was gay...

Interviewer: Football player, Jack Kemp. Former secretary of housing and development, Jack Kemp.

Nick Bryant: Yes.Former NFL quarterback... star quarterback..very good quarterback.

Interviewer: Yes.

Nick Bryant: And he was a good friend of Larry King, so there was a high probability he was compromised (blackmailed) also. And he ran for VP in 1996 with Bob Dole

Columnists Jack Anderson and Drew Pearson broke the news in 1967 that what they called "a homosexual ring" had been "operating" in Ronald Reagan's California gubernatorial administration.* And while Reagan publicly denied it, he had in fact fired his chief of staff and another aide after an internal investigation concluded that they were gay.

Kemp, then in his early 30s and the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, was at the time working on Reagan's Sacramento staff during the off-season. He had purchased a cabin in Lake Tahoe in partnership with Reagan's chief of staff; that's where some of the "homosexual parties" reportedly happened. Kemp later maintained that the cabin was merely a real estate investment and he never visited it. But the columnists had referred to an unnamed "athlete" who was a member of the "ring," a clear reference to Kemp. The rumor that would follow Kemp for the rest of his life had been born.

...a top aide to Reagan told the journalist Robert Novak that Reagan passed over Kemp for the vice-presidential nomination in 1980 because of "that homosexual thing."

by Anonymousreply 9609/03/2014

There seemed to be TONS of gay Reaganites back in the day, almost everyone that surrounded Reagan seemed to be gay.

Anyone remember?

by Anonymousreply 101/27/2011

Yup, have heard this one for years.%0D %0D Back in the good old days right up until Clinton was elected with blackmail was considered normal tactics, and in some case a legitimate way for public officials to earn a bit of money on the side.%0D %0D Read, "Stonewall, the Other Side of Silence" for the best and most accurate (anotated history by an actual historian from Columbia University) of homosexuality in the US in the 20th century. It is an eye opener and can put a lot of things people rant about on DL into perspective, including the role Clinton had in breaking the back of criminal activity accepted as the norm when it concerned homosexuals. %0D %0D The first sign of disgust in DC over "normal ways of doing things" came from FDR and ER who despised Hoover, who, big ole queen, was a master of the whole game.

by Anonymousreply 201/27/2011

[quote]an actual historian from Columbia University

As opposed to a [italic]virtual[/italic] one????

by Anonymousreply 301/27/2011

Also, the Bushes were up to their eyes in the Franklin Scandal. I don't think they participated, but they sure as hell played a huge part in covering it up and in financing it.

Larry King did not just supply children to pedos in power, he ran a huge intricate blackmail ring that assured the Bushes and others at the top of the power pyramid, that they would always have something to hold over political leaders.

They set up power cocktail parties inviting anyone that was anybody and provided all of the vices, including any kind of drug, young men and women, and children for the pedos. The house was wired with video in hopes that the literati and politicians would succumb. Hence the reason the Bushes were so involved.

Also, the investigator, Gary Cordary, who got the pictures as proof, and his 8-year old son, with the pictures in hand, blew up in a plane on their way home, on the day before the grand jury.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2011

This was the gay politician played by Larry Hagman in Primary Colors?

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2011

I assume you mean J. Edgar, not Herbert, charlie, or did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 601/27/2011

"There seemed to be TONS of gay Reaganites back in the day..."

BACK IN THE DAY????

by Anonymousreply 701/27/2011

r7 - lol.

Ok Bush as well, tons of gays in there & Bush 2 as well.

by Anonymousreply 801/27/2011

Would that be "the" Larry King?

by Anonymousreply 901/27/2011

What is it that would make gays work for those who would demonize and repress them? Self-loathing? The bucks? The power and prestige? All of the above?

by Anonymousreply 1001/27/2011

I think he must have meant Larry Craig.

What is the Franklin affair?

by Anonymousreply 1101/27/2011

I read the book...all 600 pages, and it's amazing the sheer power deployed to keep this thing under wraps...the lengths the DOJ, the FBI, and the Secret Service went to in order to vaporize this thing. %0D %0D Three hijacked Grand Juries: Two in Nebraska and one in DC. And then the media took the word of DOJ, FBI and SS as Gospel, reporting like the puppets they are.%0D %0D The blackmail element is as integral to our political process as it was all throughout history, but even moreso because our leaders cannot be as overtly powerful as they were in ancient times so the blackmail aspect is crucial in retaining power.

by Anonymousreply 1201/27/2011

Any truth in the rumor that Jack Kemp was also a crossdresser?

by Anonymousreply 1301/27/2011

Could someone link some photos of the main cast here to get us interested?

by Anonymousreply 1401/27/2011

Here's old Jack with someone he no doubt slept with. Alabama Republican John H. Merrill.

by Anonymousreply 1501/27/2011

These people are all old or dead. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1601/27/2011

I do. Republican closet-cases who voted against anything decent their entire lives should be exposed WHENever.

by Anonymousreply 1701/27/2011

God, I never noticed that awful toupee until I clicked on R15's link.

by Anonymousreply 1801/27/2011

I grew up in Nebraska. I was already gone when the Franklin scandal broke, but I sat in a bar one night and listened to some people who knew what they were talking about give the roll call of people, mostly young gay men but also some women, who went MIA, I mean just disappeared in an instant, after it hit the news. maybe they were smart enough to skip town, but maybe they're buried in a cornfield. Who knows?

I've never gotten my head around just what happened and who was actually involved, but it 1/4 of the names I've heard batted around are true this thing was just unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 1901/27/2011

The Wikipedia page on Franklin is pretty good. I've linked to it. There's much more, but that gets you started.

Since this is a gossip site, I'll point out that Omaha World-Herald publisher Harold W. Andersen named in the article is the father of Kurt Andersen, of SPY Magazine.

by Anonymousreply 2001/27/2011

I've heard rumors that Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel belonged to the same gay sex club in Chicago.

One never knows, do one?

by Anonymousreply 2101/27/2011

thanks for all the great info.

by Anonymousreply 2201/27/2011

I've told this story before, but I've been a member of the downtwon San Diego YMBA for many years. However, I'm still considerably younger than many of the old-timers who have died or who are dying off. However, several of the older "Y" guys in mid-1990s talked about Jack Kemp being gay. The reason for the stories about Kemp surfacing again at that time was that Jack Kemp was the vice-presidential running mate of Bob Dole in the 1996 race for the presidency.%0D %0D According to the old-timers, Kemp frequented the downtown San Diego YMCA in the 1970s after his tenure with the San Diego Chargers football team ended. Kemp was discreet, but among several of the guys, he was known for hanging out naked in the Y steamroom and having sex there.

by Anonymousreply 2301/27/2011

Isn't this old news? I thought he was known for holding gay parties at a ski lodge somewhere. Or am I thinking of some other right-winger?

by Anonymousreply 2401/27/2011

[r16] get a clue

by Anonymousreply 2501/27/2011

And then there's Hitler, you know, seriously, German historian and scholar said he was definitely gay. Think about the pomp, the circumstance, the uniforms, and that salute, and I mean watch Hitler DO that Hitlerian salute, it SCREAMS & HE PINGS when he does it. It's very gay....he NEVER slept with Eva Braun btw....she was his faghag, in love with power....

by Anonymousreply 2601/27/2011

Well, he did have great chemistry with Ernst Roehm.

by Anonymousreply 2701/27/2011

Even my mother knew this.

by Anonymousreply 2801/27/2011

You know the sad part about all this? All the Americans who can't be bothered to pay attention...who just brush it aside as, "this can't be real", without even bothering to glance at the evidence.

So, these poor kids don't have a chance in hell. If these were children from middle to upper class families, you can be sure, Americans would tune in and this would be huge news.

The pedophile priest scandal was and is still big news, and those boys/mostly teens were not subjected to the degree of abuse that these kids were, and still are subjected too. That is, if they even make it out alive.. They are victims of the most sadistic acts ever imagined.

by Anonymousreply 2901/27/2011

R19/20, Wikipedia is censored. I know because I've tried to add information and it's always deleted. The author said the same thing about Wikipedia. The author also said the Omaha World-Herald was the absolute WORST of all of the media outlets re this story, in addition to NYT, LA Times, Wash Post, Esquire and CBS. ABC just refused to deal with it.%0D %0D OTOH, he said reporters at the Washington Times, who had plenty of ammo and evidence on their side, deserve a Pulitzer for the their reporting; however they were shot down every time, by the Wash Post, who had no ammo or evidence to back them up. He said he knows who owns the Washington Times - Rev. Moon - but for whatever reason the reporters there really wanted to get to the bottom of the issue.

by Anonymousreply 3001/27/2011

Oh, and re those who disappeared. So many people were suicided...some even shot in the back of the head and still, they claimed suicide. Lots of the kids involved were so marginalized they didn't even have soc sec numbers...almost what you might call, "feral" children; therefore, easily disposed of.%0D %0D The FBI did a great job intimidating almost all of the molested, abused, and turned on to drugs witnesses except two who refused to recant: Alisha Owen and Paul Bassati (Johnny Gosh. They mostly threatened lots of time on perjury charges. %0D %0D Alisha Owen's trial ended up as the longest criminal trial in NE history. She was later sentenced to 9-15 yrs for perjury. Prior to that, her younger brother supposedly hung himself, but the author believes that it was a threat aimed at Owen to back down. %0D %0D Then, this boy Troy finally agreed to tell the truth in order to back Alisha up. In the courtroom, in front of everyone, two deputys literally attacked and dragged him into a room and threatened him.%0D %0D The Judge's response, when confronted by Owen's attorney was that he should read Billy Budd, and something like, in order for our system to remain secure, some evil must be allowed to happen. He later received a big promotion, as did many who cooperated on behalf of the government.

by Anonymousreply 3101/27/2011

Are you local, R31? Because if you are, you've heard the same names I have, and you know how weird it gets.

The Omaha World Herald connection can't be ignored. 3 people on the staff, including the publisher? I don't know about the other 2, but I guarantee you Peter Citron was up to his ears in all this (see obituary at link). I mean, he wend to prison for fondling boys, and made a career out of pretending he was a high school kid?

You had the Catholic Church and Boy's Town involved. You had leading businessmen, You had the Aksarben connection. Even Warren Buffet was named as a Franklin supporter.

It just blew the dial Omaha's Weird-O-Meter, and no one knew how to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 3201/27/2011

Kemp wore that horrible heavy white wig.

by Anonymousreply 3301/27/2011

You really should it and the publisher of the book is donating 50% of the book%E2%80%99s proceeds to organizations that assist abused children.

And there is a new movie coming out: Conspiracy of Silence.

by Anonymousreply 3401/27/2011

Power corrupts. Everyone knew this was going on but people were too ready and relieved to have an excuse to forget it. At least Clinton and Kennedy slept with consenting adults.

by Anonymousreply 3501/27/2011

That's what make this whole thing so evil R35. Who cares what adults do with other consenting adults. But, it's a whole different story when innocent children, many of whom have no one at all to protect them are used and abused, and sometimes even snuffed, by some of the most powerful, rich men in the world. It doesn't get any more evil.%0D %0D Check out that video at the scandal site. It shows Johnny Gosch, the newspaper boy that Paul Bassati was forced to help kidnap, and then he said was even more badly abused than he was as they were both flown to Washington DC over and over again, and that's saying something considering what happened to Paul.

by Anonymousreply 3601/27/2011

My dad practically grew up in Boys Town. He raved/raves on and on about how it saved him from pursuing a life of crime, and how good they were to him...better than most parents were to their children at the time, according to him. Granted, he's almost 73-years old, but still...%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3701/27/2011

how could jack kemp have been a football player- he looks like he was a midget!

by Anonymousreply 3801/27/2011

I actually met Jack Kemp a couple of times. He didn't ping at all.%0D %0D Having said that, my gaydar is famously bad.

by Anonymousreply 3901/27/2011

Ho could I have not known Jack Kemp wore a wig? It seems so obvious now.

by Anonymousreply 4001/27/2011

R37, they're saying that Boys Town was contaminated or infiltrated right around the time of Laurence King, which is decades after your father's time. I doubt this was the story all along.

It is interesting how it coincides with Ronald Reagan/ Bush terms.

by Anonymousreply 4101/27/2011

No, R32, but I read the book and researched this a lot. So much of this stuff is easily found on the Internet. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Warren Buffet's involved in this scheme in some way. He is NOT what he portrays to the public...not at all. But where did you see Buffet's name linked to this? I don't remember anything about him.%0D %0D Also, King started out as general manager of this rinky dink credit union with assets of only $100,000, yet he managed to steal $40 million? How is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 4201/27/2011

R42 A few weeks ago, Max Keiser on his show on RT seemed to imply that there was more to the relationship between Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger than business. At least that's how I parsed his words.%0D %0D Have you seen the latest Geico ad with the men dancing? It's very gay/bi.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2011

[quote]But where did you see Buffet's name linked to this? I don't remember anything about him.

You're really testing my memory, but as I recall Buffett was an early financial backer of Franklin. I forget if it was direct or indirect.

There's always been speculation about what makes the real Buffett tick. His public persona is carefully crafted, but his actual personal life is very well guarded and wildly different than what's in the press.

Don't forget that his wife lived by herself in San Francisco for decades (she moved there to to be a cabaret singer!). She introduced him to his longtime girlfriend and current wife, and for years the three of them sent out Christmas cards with all 3 of their signatures.

Even when they were married it was an odd relationship. She was the daughter of Buffett's father's best friend and campaign manager. She was Buffett's sister's roommate in college, and both families were very close. It has a very weird, almost incestuous, feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2011

Who was Kemp fucking? Anyone know? Top or bottom? I wonder what his children think about the news their father was a cocksucker.

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2011

Jack Kemp had a ton of children. I doubt he was gay. 1 child and gay, fine. Multiple? No way.

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2011

oh really?

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2011

[quote]Jack Kemp had a ton of children. I doubt he was gay. 1 child and gay, fine. Multiple? No way.%0D %0D R46. I once dated a married man who had six kids. Even he identified himself as gay--not bisexual--but gay. After 25 years of marriage, he finally separated and then divorced his wife and moved in with his then-boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2011

Closeter Orrin Hatch sired six kids.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2011

it doesn't take much to sire offspring

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2011

...maybe r46 was kidding?

by Anonymousreply 5101/29/2011

My first internet scandal was the Kemp thing--when he was running for V.P. The story about the orgies he allegedly sponsored started making the rounds. But only on the internet it seemed.

by Anonymousreply 5201/29/2011

Uh..R46, Ted Haggard has six kids.

by Anonymousreply 5301/29/2011

Orgies?! lol, these men were involved in rape, blackmail, and general deviant behavior. They acted like an out of control gang with complete power to do as they pleased with no consequence.

by Anonymousreply 5401/29/2011

There is absolutely no correlation between having one kids, many kids, or no kids and being a fundie closet-case.

MANY closet-cases are married with multiple children.

by Anonymousreply 5501/30/2011

I would help if you people could get you names right so the rest of us can follow this mess.%0D %0D Herbert Hoover? Larry King?

by Anonymousreply 5601/30/2011

In the early 90s, I had a co-worker in DC, now deceased, who was gay. A Reagan appointee (speech-writer at some agency, don't think it was HUD), he was approached by Kemp - a big-time pass one night at work. He didn't go for it, however.

by Anonymousreply 5701/30/2011

Has anyone noticed the resemblance between Jack Kemp and Ted Haggard?

by Anonymousreply 5801/30/2011

[quote]Jack Kemp had a ton of children. I doubt he was gay. 1 child and gay, fine. Multiple? No way.%0D %0D %0D Former Congressman Robert Baumann was famously arrested for soliciting outside a notoriously seedy gay strip joint, the Chesapeake House. He was a conservative Republican and father of four children. Gayer than Paul Lynde's clutch purse. %0D

by Anonymousreply 5901/30/2011

yes

by Anonymousreply 6001/30/2011

No, R58. But really, how hard is it to get it up six times?

by Anonymousreply 6101/30/2011

R4, it is Laurence King, not Larry King. People will think you are talking about the former CNN interviewer and that is not fair.

by Anonymousreply 6201/30/2011

Lawrence King of the Franklin Scandal:

by Anonymousreply 6301/30/2011

I grew up in the DC suburbs and went to school with the Kemp kids. I remember overhearing my parents talk about Jack Kemp being gay as if it were fact. This would be the late 70s into the 80s- before Kemp became a national candidate.

by Anonymousreply 6401/30/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 6507/22/2011

Sadly, my parents were big contributors to the Rethugs and Ronnie for his run at California Governor. They hosted dinners, cocktails in the garden and "koffee-klatches" for Nan, raising big bucks (in those days) for Ronnie's run.%0D %0D "Oh dear, we all know Jack is that way. Does it really matter?" As a kid, I didn't really know what "that way" meant. Now I do.

by Anonymousreply 6607/22/2011

Kemp was considered a moderate Republican which is supposedly why Dole picked him as his running mate in 1996 to appeal to mainstream voters.

by Anonymousreply 6707/22/2011

watched that doc abt king. wow. what's the latest on this??

by Anonymousreply 6807/22/2011

yeah what's the latest?

by Anonymousreply 6907/22/2011

Speaking of Dole-Kemp, Bob Dole turned 88 today:

by Anonymousreply 7007/22/2011

You cunts think EVERYONE are pillow biters.

by Anonymousreply 7107/22/2011

R26 wrote:

[quote]And then there's Hitler, you know, seriously, German historian and scholar said he was definitely gay.

Scott Lively, the author of [italic]The Pink Swastika[/italic] and the source of this misinformation, is not an historian. He's a professional homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 7207/23/2011

I have no idea if Kemp was gay or not, but I can tell you he had a very thick juicy monster cock.

by Anonymousreply 7307/23/2011

R73, did you play football with him and see him in the lockers?

by Anonymousreply 7407/23/2011

Or did you SUCK IT firsthand (as it were)??

by Anonymousreply 7507/23/2011

R24, no, you're remembering correctly. Kemp's gay parties were well known.

by Anonymousreply 7607/23/2011

Some of the black commentators on CNN were saying recently that Jack Kemp was one of the few Republicans who had good relationships with black folks from his years of playing football and tried to get the Republican Party to reach out to them.

They didn't, of course.

by Anonymousreply 7707/23/2011

Most always now anyone that gets the Horatio Alger award is a homo. Alger was not allowed to teach in Ms due to his involvement with little boys. John Bush, Reagan, Maya Angelo all the ones that get praise but have no talent per say but to hide others doings. I assume that this is why no one else was prosecuted for the inside containers of Fulminated Mercury as a fag probably did it.

by Anonymousreply 7809/02/2014

You do not sound crazy at all R78.

by Anonymousreply 7909/02/2014

R78- sounds like a deranged and crazy homophobe.

However, good thing he bumped this thread. What is the deal w/Buffet's private life? We will never know I guess..

by Anonymousreply 8009/02/2014

You gay boys must know that Jack Kemp mentored none other than Paul Ryan. They were very close,very close, mouth to dick close.

by Anonymousreply 8109/02/2014

R81, I can smell your cunt from here.

by Anonymousreply 8209/02/2014

[quote]He had purchased a cabin in Lake Tahoe in partnership with Reagan's chief of staff;

Is this the same guy who was referenced int he Philomena?

...oh wait that was the Chief Legal counsel, Hess.

by Anonymousreply 8309/02/2014

The wonderful thing about all of this is that you can claim that anyone, absolutely anyone, was involved and these 83 idiot will believe it.

by Anonymousreply 8409/02/2014

On Aug. 31, 2012, the Washington Post headlined a story: [bold]What Paul Ryan learned from Jack Kemp[/bold]

The moron at R84 would rather that you don't know about it.

The story begins: [italic]When Paul Ryan began ascending as a young congressman on the House Budget Committee, his old mentor, Jack Kemp, was concerned.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 8509/02/2014

NYTmes --- Aug 12, 2012 - WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney's running mate, Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin, is a self-styled disciple of the late Jack Kemp

by Anonymousreply 8609/02/2014

Wisconsin Public Radio - Aug 18, 2014 - Is Paul Ryan The New Jack Kemp?

by Anonymousreply 8709/02/2014

Can we get back to the Franklin scandal?

by Anonymousreply 8809/02/2014

it appears that Kemp's "go to" players were wide receivers and tight ends.

by Anonymousreply 8909/03/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 9009/03/2014

What r55 said. I can't believe the stupidity of the "he had a wife and kids!" posts. How can anyone claim this as proof or even indication of sexual orientation these days? How many married fathers have been outed over the years? How can anyone be so willfully blind in 2014?

by Anonymousreply 9109/03/2014

R91 a LOT of straight marriages are bogus for appearances sake for the so called 100% straight marriages out there, which include religious wackos. Nothing ever really is as it appears to be. It's all done to create and keep careers.

by Anonymousreply 9209/03/2014

NNBD used to list his sexuality as "Matter of Dispute." They've since changed it to "Straight."

by Anonymousreply 9309/03/2014

*NNDB

by Anonymousreply 9409/03/2014

So how does all of this connect to Frank Gifford?

by Anonymousreply 9509/03/2014

[quote]Is Paul Ryan The New Jack Kemp?

I'd rather have Paul Ryan than Jack Kemp.

by Anonymousreply 9609/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!