Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Californication

I've caught a few episodes over the course of its run and I can't really get into it but I've tried. David Duchovney is some kind of self-destructive sexaholic that I just can't get any sympathy for him. I do like his friend (the guy who played Charlotte's husband on SATC). I don't like his daughter either. She is so unattractive and I can't get past that wide nose and surly attitude. I am enjoying Episodes though. Could someone please explain his character's problem?

by Anonymousreply 905/27/2014

I LOVED Californication UNTIL this season. I am not feeling it at all. Pretty sure I am done with it.

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2011

Gee...a two post thread. Is the show really that unremarkable?

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

I loved the first two seasons (and I am not a fan of Duchovny). I especially loved Kathleen Turner as the oversexed agent but the show lost me in the third season...which looks like around the time when this thread was started.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

"David Duchovney is some kind of self-destructive sexaholic"

Typecasting. He has real life sex addiction, as well.

And, of course, he's bi but I never met a sex addict who wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

I'm gonna hijack this and steer in different direction for a quick second....

Has anyone ever noticed that Even Handler never looks anyone in the eye when he's acting? It's so bizarre! He stares at david d.'s adams apple or his chin or some other spot. Has any director ever stopped him and brought up the eyeline issue??? Am I dork for noticing this?

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

[quote]And, of course, he's bi but I never met a sex addict who wasn't.

If they'd made his character bi it might have been more interesting...but it wouldn't have sold to the market audience.

This was definitely made with young hetero males in mind. Stupid ones.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2013

I caught this for the first time last Sunday night after [italic]Nurse Jackie[/italic] and thought it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 705/27/2014

I watched an episode or two but could not get into it.

by Anonymousreply 805/27/2014

Natasha McElhone is one of the most gorgeous creatures alive. She really hasn't nailed down an American accent but her acting is decent enough. Handler, Duchovny and Tobolowsky all have faces made for radio. The Hank Moody has more luck sexually than the prettiest pretty boy.It's all really unbelievable but it's been fun at times. Entourage was a sexier younger take on the dark side of Hollywood. The people on this one are ugly with the exception of NE though.

by Anonymousreply 905/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.