Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RuPaul''s Drag Race, Season 3: The Official Thread

Everyone got your DVRs all set? It's tonight.

9 p.m., casting extravaganza 10 p.m., season premiere (1.5 hrs) 11:30 p.m., Untucked

by Anonymousreply 60003/25/2011

I'll be watching, love the show and love Ru but what is up with that awful clown chortle they run pre and post commercial?

by Anonymousreply 101/24/2011

They lost me with the last season's winner.

by Anonymousreply 201/24/2011

I'm rooting for Manila Luzon.

by Anonymousreply 301/24/2011

I'll watch online tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 401/24/2011

Thanks for the reminder, OP. I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 501/24/2011

Sorry for the confusing formatting. That should have been:

9 p.m., casting extravaganza

10 p.m., season premiere (1.5 hrs)

11:30 p.m., Untucked

by Anonymousreply 601/24/2011

I'm bummed that Merle Ginsburg won't be back as a judge for Season 3.%0D %0D I had the pleasure of meeting her earlier this month, and she's as beautiful, charming, and open in person as you'd imagine.%0D %0D She didn't mention why she wasn't returning, but I got the sense that her reporting duties for "The Hollywood Reporter" (or is it "Variety"?--I was tipsy) are keeping her busy.

by Anonymousreply 701/24/2011

The guest judges this season are great!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 801/24/2011

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 901/24/2011

Manila Luzon is adorable out of drag and I love the Jersey queen and the plus size country queen who never flew on an airplane.

by Anonymousreply 1001/24/2011

I'm loving the white, furry member of the pit crew.

by Anonymousreply 1101/24/2011

I tried to watch this the other night when they crowned a winner. I was flabbergasted at how bad RuPaul was. She acted like she couldn't remember lines (not that there were any to begin with), she was not funny in her jokes, she was probably the worst host I've ever seen. Man, I couldn't watch that show on a regular basis because of her alone. There's more to drag than just looking pretty. She doesn't have anything else going for her.

by Anonymousreply 1201/24/2011

RuPaul isn't a "she".

by Anonymousreply 1301/24/2011

I already don't get the fascination with Raja. He's not all that.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2011

I don't know what they will do when it comes to the finale because none of them are black enough to win.

by Anonymousreply 1501/25/2011

Seems like they've had a lot of Puerto Ricans on the show. Do they form a large portion of the drag population?

by Anonymousreply 1601/25/2011

R12 is a stupid cunt.%0D %0D I loved the first season and liked the second season.%0D %0D So far, this season looks promising, and I would not have said that before actually watching tonight's first episode. Making it 90 minutes really did help, I think. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1701/25/2011

Out of drag...those boys are just plain fugly. Keep the pancake on girls!!!

by Anonymousreply 1801/25/2011

Don't have a favorite, yet.

Agree with r15

by Anonymousreply 1901/25/2011

Holy cow, Mariah sort of looks like Michelle Obama!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2001/25/2011

The winner gets a lifetime supply of Krylon to paint her face.

by Anonymousreply 2101/25/2011

Why did RuPaul bring back that sorry ass Shangela? She was eliminated in Season 2 and she was almost eliminated last night. And how does she keep that humongous afro tucked underneath her wig?

by Anonymousreply 2201/25/2011

How many people have ever seen this show? Is Logo that widely distributed. I live in Miami and we do not have it.

by Anonymousreply 2301/25/2011

Wow! I have not met anyone here who has Logo. But to be fair few people I know get the premium packages with HBO, Showtime (and I guess Logo) anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2501/25/2011

Wonder if they will address having to shut down production for a while. Rumor has it Ru had a heart attack. Well he's so skinny now, it wouldn't be a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 2601/25/2011

That's funny, r15 it seems like the producers were listening to all the online chatter from racists like you about the two black winners and went out of their way to limit black contestants and virtually ensure there would be no black winner.

Shangela and that big girl from NC? What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 2701/25/2011

Which one is a good buddy of Adam Lambert?

by Anonymousreply 2901/25/2011

It was nice to see Michelle Visage as a judge. Did she replace Merle? WEHT her?%0D %0D Shangela has a very thick beard. She can't shave away her 5 o'clock shadow. That's hot on a guy, not so hot on a 'girl.' They should have brought back Pandora Boxx.%0D %0D I've seen Mimi Imfirst's name but I've never seen her perform. Is she funny? Talented? %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3001/25/2011

Yeah, Mimi's pretty good. He looks like Matt Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 3101/25/2011

"Which one is a good buddy of Adam Lambert?"%0D %0D %0D Raja is Adam Lambert's pal. Lambert even appeared in Raja's audition tape.

by Anonymousreply 3201/25/2011

Raja seems full of herself.

Already thinks she will win it all.

Don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 3301/25/2011

Some of these bitches are straight up ugly-with or without foundation. The "Atlanta" group is espcially inbred looking. I didn't realize there was freakish aspect to drag in the Big Peach.

by Anonymousreply 3401/25/2011

I don't think the "girl" that was sent home first should have been sent home. Shangela and Stacey should have been the bottom 2 and one of them should have went home.

by Anonymousreply 3501/25/2011

What's with the quotes around girl, R35? It's proper in drag to refer to the queens as she and girl (ladies, etc.) What's your problem?

by Anonymousreply 3601/25/2011

"girl" "girl" "girl" Now get over it.. R35.

by Anonymousreply 3701/25/2011

r37 = "masculine" MARY!

by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2011

Phoenix has settled nicely into the Akashia/Sonique slot of Trifling Queen Who Talks a Lot of Shit But Leaves Early. Raja seems built to inhabit the Shannel/Raven Mean Queen spot, but seems reluctant to stand in it. Shockingly, both Alexis and Yara seem to be eschewing the Nina Flowers/Jessica Wild Latina Queen With a Heart of Gold position and instead are being Mean Queens!

I can't even begin to recognize the candidate for Rebecca Glasscock/Tatiana Passive-Aggressive but Beautiful Ingenue Queen, and it's impossible to continue the season without one. This could be trouble.

by Anonymousreply 3901/25/2011

At first glance, my money is on Raja. Nobody stood out like last year. I was hooked on Raven right away with Tyra being the obvious villian. This season's contestants seem very vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 4001/25/2011

I LOVE this show! Mariah helping Mimi out was classy...I love her! And Stacy is a stand-up, big girl from the country sans attitude. I would never have asked Phoenix what she thought of me....Watch out honey! That Puerto rican bitch cant remember her name is trash...very insecure. I think I have a crush on the Iowa queen...he is so cute out of makeup. Cant wait for next week!

by Anonymousreply 4101/25/2011

Stacy looks like Pique'Nique.

by Anonymousreply 4201/25/2011

God!! What a bunch of unattractive boys. No wonder they cover themselves in makeup and costumes.

by Anonymousreply 4301/25/2011

Addicted to this show...! FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 4401/25/2011

I think that these queens are HOT without the drag makeup.%0D %0D My faves are Raja, Manila, Phoenix (he almost seems like a straight guy), Carmen Carrera (cute PR boy), and Stacey Lane.%0D %0D And for those who don't have Logo (such as myself), you can catch the show on VH1 on Tuesday nights. That's how I watched the show.%0D %0D I want Raja to win. He is SUPER cute.

by Anonymousreply 4501/26/2011

Meh....it all seems kind of tired now.

by Anonymousreply 4601/26/2011

The one light skinned fat queen looks more like a woman without makeup than with.

Not a pretty queen in the bunch. Maaaybe Manila.

by Anonymousreply 4701/26/2011

You can also watch it on the Logo website...this is where I see all the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4801/26/2011

Why are they not doing the aftershow this year ? The show where they were all in the backstage lounge getting liquored up while they waited to find out who would be voted off .

by Anonymousreply 4901/26/2011

Shangela didn't deserve to come back. She sucked last year and doesn't seem to have learned that much. The only reason she won the lip-synch is because she didn't start the cat fighting. %0D %0D There's one who has Fetal Alcohol Face. One of the white ones, can't remember all of their names yet. He's really ugly out of drag and looks like a mouth breather.

by Anonymousreply 5001/26/2011

They are, Madge. It's called Untucked, and it follows the regular show, just like last season.

by Anonymousreply 5101/26/2011

[quote]There's one who has Fetal Alcohol Face. One of the white ones, can't remember all of their names yet. He's really ugly out of drag and looks like a mouth breather.

India Ferrah, the one with the jacked-up teeth?

by Anonymousreply 5201/26/2011

Finally watched the premiere last night.

Raja wins both competitions in the first episode? A skinny humorless bitch who looks amazing in a dress? Ru has a favorite. Raja wins. It's not even a contest. Sorry.

Mimi Imfurst gets called out as "camp drag." This is what infuriates me about this show. 99% of good drag is camp drag! Coco Peru. Jackie Beat. They are performers. Comediennes. You pay for a ticket to see an evening of their material. Who is going to pay for an evening of a skinny humorless bitch trying on dresses?? Like Pandora Boxx before her, Mimi Imfurst is one of the only girls on the show who remotely resembles someone who could make a full-time career out of drag, but Mimi is fucked, because she isn't a glamorpuss, she can't sew, and Ru doesn't see a lovely reflection of herself in her. She's D-O-O-doomed.

And again - with the sewing. I know they need that as a contest element. But you could be the most engaging, witty, original performer and personality on this show, but if you can't sew, you are fucked. If you are fat, you are fucked. If you aren't a boring statuesque boy who looks good in a size zero dress, you are fucked.

And yet, I will watch. But the show is a joke, squarely because of Ru's taste.

by Anonymousreply 5301/26/2011

[quote]But you could be the most engaging, witty, original performer and personality on this show, but if you can't sew, you are fucked.

But isn't that true of any drag performer? the best outfits don't come off the rack.

by Anonymousreply 5401/26/2011

R53, I do agree. The show really does seem to have a thing against camp queens.%0D %0D Camp is what makes drag so fun.

by Anonymousreply 5501/26/2011

I like Mimi, but I know her from NYC drag shows.

I feel really bad for that really, really fat one.

by Anonymousreply 5601/26/2011

and mimi turns on the high drama queen bullshit EPISODE 1, copious tears and sobbing and crybaby face. whatever. and she plays that glammed-up mother mary character here in the city already, what an uninspired thing to pick. %0D %0D she goes home early i hear. she certainly had a nervous breakdown on the facebook- disappearing, threats of suicide, if i remember right. it must have been about the ru show.%0D %0D i used to see her show at places around town, and it consisted of this, in a braying shrill voice: %0D %0D "WHO HERE IS A BOTTOM? WHO HERE IS A TOP? LET ME HEAR FROM THE TOPS! LIIIIIAAARRRSSSSS!!!!!" %0D %0D etc. etc.%0D %0D le sigh, i'll still watch.

by Anonymousreply 5701/26/2011

[quote]and she plays that glammed-up mother mary character here in the city already, what an uninspired thing to pick.

At least it was a character! What impression did Raja make except "I am thin and gorgeous"? WTF does looking chic in a dress have to do with drag? Is this show about drag queens or ladyboys?

It's more or less a beauty pageant. When the time for the "talent" challenges come, Raja will skate by because Ru is the judge. I mean, my God, Pandora got kicked off last season for the challenge where she CLEARLY did the best job, because she was "upstaged" by the drag mother who was doing the bit with her that Pandora choreographed??

Ru and that fucking Santino just want a beauty pageant and it's a fucking shame. Going on stage and lip-synching for dollars is small town drag bullshit and it's the only thing Ru's favorites could ever be good at.

That being said, among the Pretty Girls I like Carmen, Manila and Mariah. Mariah especially has the makings of a great reality show contestant. I'm not in love with her as a performer but she's great fuel for the fire. And she helped out Mimi!!

Ru hates funny girls because she is not funny. She is a pretty girl. And she only wants to be friends with the other pretty girls. Such a shame to see gays re-enact this high school trauma like this.

by Anonymousreply 5801/26/2011

I wouldn't say Ru isn't funny. I think he can be hilarious. And camp, and bitchy. Which is why it mystifies me that he is so anti-camp on his show.%0D %0D Maybe in his head he's elevating drag and dignifying it or whatever. But, ultimately, it's guys dressing up like women, you know?

by Anonymousreply 5901/26/2011

Absolutey agree about Raja. she is somehow well known in showbiz and I hope her contacts do not go too far on this show. personal favorite: I have to say Fenix. she has "life" written all over her face and she has a style that I like. I tend to agree about Mimic imfurst....she is wonderfully camp. Paul surely does not like camp type queens...love her but she just has an obvious dislike of campy queens.

by Anonymousreply 6001/26/2011

By now anyone who is a fan or a potential contestant of Drag Race HAS to know that being able to sew is an important skill on this show. If I was going to try out for this show, I would watch every episode over and over again to see what Ru is looking for and go to every sewing/design class at the local hobby shop.

by Anonymousreply 6101/26/2011

[quote]I'm bummed that Merle Ginsburg won't be back as a judge for Season 3. I had the pleasure of meeting her earlier this month, and she's as beautiful, charming, and open in person as you'd imagine.

Merle is very nice ... and smart as well.

by Anonymousreply 6201/26/2011

Anyone have a rough idea how many drag queens are out there? How many drag queens are there in, say, Minneapolis? Dozens, right? Certainly not a hundred? %0D %0D How about Atlanta? Hundreds? %0D %0D Omaha? Ten?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6301/26/2011

[quote]But the show is a joke, squarely because of Ru's taste.

I don't think it's *just* Ru's taste, but that the show is looking for a Ru Part II. Ru was never a camp goddess (except for the early years, but that's not what she's known for). Ru is a pretty, skinny model who looks great on the runway and photographs. And frankly, none of the winners have really amounted to much more than headlining Pride tours.

[quote]she goes home early i hear.

No spoilers, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 6401/27/2011

It's funny to me that anyone takes this show or its competition and judging aspects seriously. Even RuPaul knows that there's no such thing as a "drag superstar."

by Anonymousreply 6501/27/2011

I do wish that Detox, whom Ru wanted last season, would consider going on this show- she would mop up the floor with these amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 6601/27/2011

R66 = Detox.

by Anonymousreply 6701/27/2011

From a poster named BassInYourWalk at TWOP:

[quote]I've only personally encountered MiMi during her excursions to Philadelphia for performances here, but she basically epitomizes the absolute dregs of drag queen stereotypes. She's selfish, rude, on a high-horse and disinterested in anyone but MiMi. She has developed somewhat of a following and is definitely the most well-known of all of these contestants, but she will never ascend to the heights of a Jackie Beat, or a Lady Bunny, because she treats people like filth.

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2011

r67- I wish I was her, but alas, I'm one of those dreaded fraus that you detest. At least I'm childless, thin and don't work at an office.

by Anonymousreply 6901/27/2011

[quote]Ru hates funny girls because she is not funny. %0D %0D [quote] Ru is a pretty, skinny model who looks great on the runway and photographs. %0D %0D But she IS funny, and only turned spokesmodelly after she got some mainstream success. She founded her career on humor and camp (hello--"Starbooty"?????). Anyone who says otherwise has either a selective memory or just got off a bus from Peoria ("I saw her in the People Magazine!!!").

by Anonymousreply 7001/27/2011

R64: "cunt"?%0D %0D jesus!

by Anonymousreply 7101/27/2011

[quote]But she IS funny, and only turned spokesmodelly after she got some mainstream success. She founded her career on humor and camp (hello--"Starbooty"?????). Anyone who says otherwise has either a selective memory or just got off a bus from Peoria ("I saw her in the People Magazine!!!").

I'm in my early 30s and Supermodel is my first memory of Ru, I was in middle school. She and Santino seem to worship the glamorpusses; the campy witty queens don't seem to have a chance. Maybe the winner this season will surprise me! Or, maybe it will be another skinny guy who looks great in a dress and sounds like an idiot when he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 7201/27/2011

I'm Team Mimi as well, r72. First of all, I love the name. Is it Mimi Imfirst, or Mimi Imfurst? Either way it's hilarious.

Mimi totally fucked up with her costume, and then managed to pull it out of her ass to make a great character.

by Anonymousreply 7301/27/2011

Ru can't pick another black queen or the show would look rigged.

by Anonymousreply 7401/27/2011

[quote]Ru can't pick another black queen or the show would look rigged.%0D %0D Only to racists like you, whore.

by Anonymousreply 7501/27/2011

I've always thought it was Santino that didn't like campy queens, not Ru. Santino seems much more interested and impressed by a queen with great fashion sense and supermodel looks than one with a great sense of humor. Maybe I'm wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 7601/27/2011

[quote]It's funny to me that anyone takes this show or its competition and judging aspects seriously. Even RuPaul knows that there's no such thing as a "drag superstar."

It's my understanding the absolutely nobody takes this show seriously. Everyone appears to understand that it's a witty takeoff of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway, with prizes.

by Anonymousreply 7701/27/2011

Bebe Zahara Benet, or whatever her name is -- the winner of Season 1 -- seems to have gotten a major career boost from it. She tours a LOT and is featured at a lot of GLBT fundraisers.

by Anonymousreply 7801/27/2011

[quote]featured at a lot of GLBT fundraisers%0D %0D That's a career boost? Ugh. Poor bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7901/27/2011

My first memory of Ru was a piece in the Village Voice around 1991-ish featuring a photo of her in full drag alongside her manager (? memory is unclear)--both standing in the street. The piece highlighted their plans to turn "a 7 foot, blond, black man in drag" into the next big thing. It may have had a Musto byline. I'm going to see if its archived anywhere.

They were right. Helluva career! Love how Ru's turning into the elder statesman of drag. Before Sheree's friend from RH Atlanta debuted his song on WWHL last week, Ru evidently offered up some pointers. Sweet!

by Anonymousreply 8001/27/2011

In 1992 I was in Scotland for college, watching MTV in my dorm. They did a feature on RuPaul. "She" and Kurt Loder chatted as they walked through a suburban mall. Some dude asked Ru how tall she was. Ru replied, "Honey, with heels, hair, and attitude, I am THROUGH THE ROOF!" and let out her cackle. Since I'm 6'4", I use that line from time to time when people ask me how tall I am.%0D %0D The scene was totally hilarious and staged and made me remember the name "RuPaul."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8101/27/2011

Filipino drag queens are the best!

by Anonymousreply 8201/27/2011

[quote]Santino seems much more interested and impressed by a queen with great fashion sense and supermodel looks than one with a great sense of humor.

Santino seems much more interested and impressed by a queen with a clean syringe and a mattress on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 8301/27/2011

What an absolutely TERRIBLE cast.

by Anonymousreply 8401/27/2011

Who is the SCREAMING queen in the casting episode who squeals "Bring it on, baby! Bring it on to Momma!" Fucking hysterical! She was featured right after Detox.

by Anonymousreply 8501/27/2011

ew things...

This cast is definitely better than last seasons.

I hope we don't get another black drag queen. I would love to see an Asian, Latino, fat, etc., drag queen win. They almost never get representation. Ru is the ultimate black drag queen! No one is going to beat him!

My problem with the show is, they want these people to look like real women. Drag is suppose to be camp. It's suppose to be over-the-top. These judges come right out and say that so and so looks like a clown. It's drag, honey! If you want to see a woman, go to a Miss America pageant. That's my main beef with the show.

Whoever thought of "Untucked", is a genius. I love to see the queens being themselves. I would to see them all having to live in a house together, but I don't know if the producers have the money. "Untucked" is the next best thing. Pity it wasn't around for the first season.

by Anonymousreply 8601/27/2011

ew things...

This cast is definitely better than last seasons.

I hope we don't get another black drag queen. I would love to see an Asian, Latino, fat, etc., drag queen win. They almost never get representation. Ru is the ultimate black drag queen! No one is going to beat him!

My problem with the show is, they want these people to look like real women. Drag is suppose to be camp. It's suppose to be over-the-top. These judges come right out and say that so and so looks like a clown. It's drag, honey! If you want to see a woman, go to a Miss America pageant. That's my main beef with the show.

Whoever thought of "Untucked", is a genius. I love to see the queens being themselves. I would to see them all having to live in a house together, but I don't know if the producers have the money. "Untucked" is the next best thing. Pity it wasn't around for the first season.

by Anonymousreply 8701/27/2011

R66, the only thing people still on myspace mop the floors with IS a mop.

by Anonymousreply 8801/27/2011

Is Untucked online?

by Anonymousreply 8901/28/2011

Santino, bless his heart, wants to be respected as an expert on fashion and haute couture. However, his only type of credibiltiy is from Season 2 of Project Runway. A season, which Akashia from RPDR Season 1 accurately summed up with "He didn't even win his season!"%0D Good luck to frumpy or bucktoothed contestants!

by Anonymousreply 9001/28/2011

Shangela out of drag IS Antoine Dodson.

Also, according to the preview trailer (spoiler alert):

Stacy Layne ends up doing Mo'Nique as Mary Jones for the "Snatch Game" competition.

by Anonymousreply 9101/29/2011

Is it just me, or does Phoenix seem strangely masculine to be a drag queen?

by Anonymousreply 9201/29/2011

Yes R79, it is a career boost. Bebe is earning a living performing. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

by Anonymousreply 9301/29/2011

Shangela ain't got no gown. They should have brought back Mystique.

by Anonymousreply 9401/29/2011

Isn't it Fenix?

by Anonymousreply 9501/30/2011

I cant believe we still have bitter Pandora fans. Drag queens have to be glamourous on reality TV. It adds layers to the show, besides being camp. New fans of drag are not going to find LOGO to see busted queens, (lot of them are this season). They want to see men push the boundaries. Between Ru's ominous tone and the drama between the queens, this show is hilarious anyway.

I cant wait for Mariah to let her claws out on Alexis. What a cunt! I love Manila's look and personality. Raja's age is clearly her advantage. She is the one to beat.

by Anonymousreply 9601/30/2011

Alexis kills me with the perma-smile while talking smack. She comes across as every PR high school bitch ever created.

by Anonymousreply 9701/30/2011

Alexis and Phoenix need to be taken down a few notches.

I don't discriminate on the big gurls but Staci Layne Matthews is morbidly obese. Fattest queen to be on the show thus far. Phoenix is right...she DOES look sloppy and unpolished. She doesn't carry her weight well like Mimi does. She looks like she's one fried chicken thigh away from massive heart failure.

by Anonymousreply 9801/30/2011

Carmen Carrera is really cute. I like his body shape.

by Anonymousreply 9901/31/2011

r100, are you same self hating troll that shit all over the Rupaul threads last season? If so, if not, fuck off. Do not click on this thread again bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10101/31/2011

Oh grrrrrrrrrlfriend, you so sassy!

by Anonymousreply 10201/31/2011

Phoenix is such a douche.

by Anonymousreply 10301/31/2011

Shangela is a nasty bitch. Who the fuck cares if Mimi does camp? She is one to talk considering how awful her makeup looked tonight. I would have pulled off my wig and thrown down with that ho for throwing her drink at me.

by Anonymousreply 10402/01/2011

Shangela is one broke down nasty queen. She always looks like she's either on her way to the free clinic for her methadone fix or on her way back.

by Anonymousreply 10502/01/2011

Shangela is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 10602/01/2011

When did Shangela become such a nasty bitch? And should she really be the one talking about anyone's makeup?

by Anonymousreply 10702/01/2011

Stacy Layne Matthews has some strong ankles.

by Anonymousreply 10802/01/2011

lol r108.

Shangela needs to sat her ass down somewhere. She thinks she is the shit because she made it past week one, barely. Her ass is about to get the boot next.

by Anonymousreply 10902/01/2011

Mimi was exactly right - most of these girls are female impersonators. Mimi is a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 11002/01/2011

r110 = Mimi

Mimi sounds just like the queens on this board; insecure and NYC was the first thing to come out of her mouth. No surprise she has fans here. Just because her drag works in NYC, does not mean it will fly on television. Even if her camp was good, (Pandora was better) she is still not a 75k queen. And neither is Shangela, who shouldn't have came back in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 11102/01/2011

I dislike Shangela because she's always pulling out the 'lord chile' crap. Drives me nuts. And she sucks. %0D %0D Stacy Layne Matthews looks like a Woman of Walmart out of drag. When she referred to her 'curves' last night I did a spit take. She's a globe, she doesn't have curves. %0D %0D Mimi is pathetic. She's not funny, she's just mean and incredibly insecure. And she has a theatre company??? I feel for those actors. I'm not surprised to hear about the drama on Facebook, R57. %0D %0D I didn't like Manila Luzon(?) at first, but she's growing on me. I can see her making it to the finals. She's pretty enough and funny.

by Anonymousreply 11202/01/2011

What, pray tell, is the difference between a "drag queen" and a "female impersonator"?

by Anonymousreply 11302/01/2011

RuPaul Rules!

by Anonymousreply 11402/01/2011

[quote]Shangela is a nasty bitch. Who the fuck cares if Mimi does camp?

With her cracked-out demeanor, I thought Shangela was a camp queen too at first. But then I realized that's just the way she is.

by Anonymousreply 11502/01/2011

[quote]What, pray tell, is the difference between a "drag queen" and a "female impersonator"?%0D %0D The answer I've always heard is: Drag queens think they can give birth.

by Anonymousreply 11602/01/2011

What drives me crazy about Shangela (and any other queen like her) is that they use the words "keeping it real" as an excuse to a rude bitch whenever they like. To them, defining their vile, nasty attitude as "keeping it real" is a get out of jail free card. And frankly, someone needs to call her on it - being real and honest doesn't mean running roughshod over other people's feelings - and it certainly isn't supposed to give you a feeling of self satisfaction, like it does Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 11702/01/2011

"She's a globe; she doesn't have curves." Good line! Somebody should have written it for Shangela to say instead of the crackhouse witticisms she keeps dropping in the Interior Illusions Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 11802/01/2011

Raja is not all that. He looks exactly like man with some eyeshadow and lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 11902/01/2011

I also thought it was nasty of Shangela to try to call out Mariah as a tranny. However lovely a woman she makes, in the first episode Mariah was shown out of drag, sporting a beard.

by Anonymousreply 12002/01/2011

Pandora was better than Mimi. Pandora had a claim to be in the final two; Mimi doesn't seem any wittier than Pandora, and has none of her ability to pull out the glam. But still, I'd call Mimi more of a drag queen than most anyone else on this season.

by Anonymousreply 12102/01/2011

R119, especially since he's a makeup artist, his face should be fierce looking.

by Anonymousreply 12202/01/2011

I agree completely with R117 post. Being a self satisfied bitch is not " Keeping It Real". It's being a nasty bitch. For someone who resembles a burned out crack Brats doll she is the last one who should be talking about " Keeping It Real"....and why do all these queens insist on talking like 46 year old southern black women???

by Anonymousreply 12302/01/2011

[quote]Raja is not all that.

Yes she is...Raja has 43% of the viewers votes at Logo.com. The cute boy Carmen is 2nd with 11%.

by Anonymousreply 12402/01/2011

Here is Mimi Imfurst's Facebook page

by Anonymousreply 12502/01/2011

We should send Pandora Boxx and Sigourney Weaver to Egypt. Consider it datalounge's gift to world peace.

by Anonymousreply 12602/01/2011

So many unsavory references to boogers.

by Anonymousreply 12702/01/2011

Who gives a rat's ass about Shangela?

Who was eliminated?

Freaking DVR cut off the last minute when I recorded it on VH1.

by Anonymousreply 12802/02/2011

Reality TV is scripted. Certainly you know Shangela was brought back to play a role. She was hired to play the mouthy Jerry Springer show-esque sassy ghetto queen. Shangela gets a paycheck and the show gets ratings.

This isn't about finding the next drag superstar - it's about advertising revenue. Miss America ratings have plummeted through the basement - there's nothing fun about watching a beauty pageant(at least with figure skating you get the schaudenfraude of seeing someone splat).

Raja (or Sutan as he's called on America's Next Top Model) is annointed as one of the finalists. The short fat ones will disappear one at a time and it will be down to Mariah, Raja (should we start calling him Satan?) and someone else who will slither through the ranks and make themselves known - probably one of the latins.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that Shangela is not necessarily a cunt. However she is playing one (quite well) on TV.

by Anonymousreply 12902/02/2011

Phoenix was told to sashay away.%0D %0D I'm starting to like Delta Work (though I don't understand the name). He'd be handsome if he lost some weight.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13002/02/2011

Delta Work rhymes with Delta Burke

by Anonymousreply 13102/02/2011

[quote]Reality TV is scripted.

We know, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13202/02/2011

Pandora had some nice bits but this clip of the queens in WeHo last year proves she doesn't have the goods. Santino was 100% correct in saying she had little style. Take a look at the lame mess she's in. More to the point, see how lazy her performance is. No charisma at all. On the other hand, watch Jujubee take over the stage.

by Anonymousreply 13302/02/2011

Jujubee SHOULD have won last season instead of that mess Tyra

by Anonymousreply 13402/02/2011

anyone notice something about those abolut commercials they are running this year with the cast from last year? While all parts of each person are spotlighted, they really get good face shots of the peformers - except for Jujubee. You get a few face spotlights, but most are on her hips and body, unlike the others who get most shots of the face. I thought that was odd, as she's really pretty.

by Anonymousreply 13502/02/2011

I didn't notice the lack of close-ups of Juju in the commercial but the point of the commercial was how she fashioned her figure on the glamour of the "Hollywood" sign, so that might have been the reason.%0D %0D Of all the queens, Juju is the one that is the most surprising as a biological male.

by Anonymousreply 13602/02/2011

I like Pandora but I don't think she should have won last year. She always seemed self-conscious, like she lacked belief in the illusion she was trying to create. She did have some funny moments though. Jujubee should have won.

by Anonymousreply 13702/02/2011

"Here is Mimi Imfurst's Facebook page"

Oh yeah, I really believe that she's 28!!

by Anonymousreply 13802/02/2011

I actually like Mimi, pure drama. %0D %0D Oh and I thought for sure that JuJu was going to win last season. Tyra does give good runway but eh, no personality.%0D %0D I think a big girl is going to win this season but it won't be the big country queen.

by Anonymousreply 13902/02/2011

I appreciate MiMi's homage to Leigh Bowery. Those other queens, with maybe the exception of Raja wouldn't understand performance drag. All they seem to know is tired Vegas Beyonce on a budget.

by Anonymousreply 14002/02/2011

Can anyone recall why JuJu was eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 14102/02/2011

In spite of his strange teeth, India Ferrah is a cute-ish boy.

by Anonymousreply 14202/02/2011

I think Juju's problem in the show was that she wasn't the best competitor and often choked.

by Anonymousreply 14302/02/2011

JuJu's problem was she didn't have Ru picking her as the winner for the top-of-show contests and protecting her week after week the way Tyra did.

And fuck off with the Pandora hate. The girl was hilarious and stylish enough. She's not a female impersonator. What the hell is the point of Tyra's existence except to stand around in a dress? I love Juju and she did the best job last season based on the criteria of the contest; she also did not have Ru protecting her the way Tyra did.

by Anonymousreply 14402/02/2011

Pandora wore a wig and a dress. If she wasn't a female impersonator, what was she, a child psychologist?

by Anonymousreply 14502/02/2011

"Interior Illusions Lounge" = corner of the soundstage with a couple of couches, a bottle of Popov vodka and 12 bendy straws.

I didn't watch Season 2, so I don't know how this happened, but the first season had some decent sponsors and prizes (Absolut, MAC cosmetics, etc.). This week the big prize was provided by Steve and Bill's Travel Agency Dot Com or some such.

by Anonymousreply 14602/02/2011

I think the money was $25,000 for the first two seasons, this season it's $75,000. The winners of the sci-fi challenge got new boobs from Boobs4Queens.com.

by Anonymousreply 14702/02/2011

Did you hear that, Lily Tomlin? That's Boobs. For. Queens. dot. com.

by Anonymousreply 14802/03/2011

Season 2 had a strong Absolut presence as well.

by Anonymousreply 14902/03/2011

No R150, it's why you hate yourself. There are many facets to gay life. Just as there are many facets to lives all over the world. It's a hobby and it's harmless. Can someone find Moriah's speech about kids in small towns doing drag? It was beautifully done.

I can't believe Phoenix went home.

by Anonymousreply 15102/03/2011

R144, why the venom? Who said they hated Pandora? I posted a reservation about her winning and maybe some others did too but I don't think anyone said they 'hated' her. You need to calm down.%0D %0D R140. besides the space challenge I think Mimi is pretty typical. From her facebook page and what she's done on the show, there doesn't seem to be much of a performance art aspect to her. Unless you count the crying jag.

by Anonymousreply 15202/03/2011

R152, I agree. Pandora was great but she was really limited in her presentations. Everyone loved her wacky Carol Channing but she never lived up to that moment. Ironically, she has recently upped her game in the presentation department, like the wild dress she wore to the reunion show with Hot Wheels all over them but it came long after Santino criticized her look in the show.%0D %0D I would also put Tammie Brown in the category of talented, entertaining queens who didn't really connect with the competition. In "Drag U", I thought Brown was better and more entertaining than Pandora, so you never know.

by Anonymousreply 15302/03/2011

I loved Tammy Brown!!!

by Anonymousreply 15402/03/2011

R143, I agree. She totally choked on the rocker episode. It was hilarious to watch, like she'd taken some Special K before going onstage to perform. Train wreck tv at its best.

by Anonymousreply 15502/03/2011

Does the new season suck so much that we're rehashing last season? I'll miss Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 15602/03/2011

[quote]I'll miss Phoenix.

Really? She has the personality of a grumpy truck driver. And she looks like one too. DO NOT WANT.

by Anonymousreply 15702/03/2011

[quote]She has the personality of a grumpy truck driver. And she looks like one too.%0D %0D Large Marge from PeeWee's Big Adventure.

by Anonymousreply 15802/03/2011

I was hoping Phoenix would stick around. She sounded like a major bitch and would have made for must see tv.

by Anonymousreply 15902/03/2011

[quote]I was hoping Phoenix would stick around. She sounded like a major bitch and would have made for must see tv.

Shangela would've shut her down, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 16002/03/2011

Maybe this is a complement but PHoenix is too masculine for drag - the face, the nose, the body.

Not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 16102/03/2011

LOL

by Anonymousreply 16202/04/2011

I don't think Shangela has the vocabulary to shut anyone down, R160. She's trying to be bitchy but doesn't have the brain power. Last season the main vibe I got from her was desperation and she's still got it.

by Anonymousreply 16302/04/2011

lmao r162

by Anonymousreply 16402/04/2011

It really bugged me when Shangela bitched about Carmen walking around the work room without pants: "Is this a sex competition or a drag competition!?" %0D %0D For this idiot, nudity equates sex. Talk about issues.

by Anonymousreply 16502/04/2011

I would have liked to see Carmen naked, he's a cute guy. But he must have tiny meat if everyone complained about seeing him nekkid.

by Anonymousreply 16602/04/2011

Or it was really fucking distracting to have a naked guy parading around, he probably did it to psyche everyone out.

by Anonymousreply 16702/04/2011

A "complement?" %0D %0D Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 16802/04/2011

Out of drag, some of the queens are cute boys.

by Anonymousreply 16902/07/2011

Carmen and Raja are cute. Rebecca Glasscock is still the hottest guy out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 17002/07/2011

I'm having a tough time getting into this season. In Seasons 1 and 2, there were a couple sweethearts and underdogs to root for, but everyone on Season 3 seems too self-aware and mean-spirited.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 17102/07/2011

Raja has become quite the cunt. You can tell she hasn't had any in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 17202/08/2011

Did that fat bitch just try to shoulder slam that queen???

MeMe Imfirst was a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 17302/08/2011

Yay, Mimi's gone! She was an insecure bitch with absolutely no self-awareness. 'I'm Mimi Imfurst, not Mimi I'm like everyone Else'. Is that mantra from her therapist? Her forced smile on the runway last night made her look like she was going to take a dump right there. %0D %0D And what's with all of the violence during the lip synchs? Next week one of those queens is gonna pull out a shiv.

by Anonymousreply 17402/08/2011

Manila has emerged as a favorite. Shangela is trying too hard to be the villian. Raja is better suited for that role.

by Anonymousreply 17502/08/2011

Raja is Sutan??? Damn, then he has some skills then. But still not as good as Mathu, Ru's makeup artist.

by Anonymousreply 17602/08/2011

Did Raja invent drag? One would think so after watching this show.

by Anonymousreply 17702/08/2011

WTF is up with Tyra's Absolut commercial? What does her son have to do with vodka and drag? Jeremiah, Jeremiah, Jeremiah...

by Anonymousreply 17802/08/2011

r178, it's just further confirmation that RuPaul really f**ked up with last season's pick. Now compare that Tyra a.k.a. (in baritone voice) "The Woman in Me" with the far classier JuJuBee. Hell, if Tatiana works her commercial better than Jeremiah's Mommy/Daddy.

Raven of course still looks as though she's about to jump off the stage and shiv somebody.

by Anonymousreply 17902/08/2011

I still love Raven.

by Anonymousreply 18002/08/2011

Well -- this thread is hardly on fire. WTF DL?

I was all on board for Mimi from episode one, but she crashed and burned so bad I was glad to see her go. I can't tell how much it's chalked up to editing to make her unsympathetic, but I also expected more from her creatively. Unlike Pandora, her "characters" were really bad and hacky. And she kept rocking these rip-off Jackie Beat looks, it wasn't good camp drag.

And I was shocked, but I came around on Raja. Her dig at Swamp Thing was funny. And I'm sorry, but Swamp Thing is still merely doing an OK job. They're treating her like the retarded child, all praise, only the gentlest reprimand. She's a great underdog and great material for the show, but not pulling her weight, so to speak.

And damn, as a Shangela hater, I have to admit, the girl has stepped up these last two weeks. She has a sense of humor, she has a performer's flare, she is not just a glamorpuss. She is definitely a contender.

Delta is a weird one -- outside of drag, she seems smart, sharp, aware -- but in drag, just nothing. No life, no personality. I am not into Delta but have nothing against her... just, nothing is happening there.

I feel like this year's queens have nothing on Pandora and Jujubee.

by Anonymousreply 18102/08/2011

These Bitches are just plain rough. Ru must have been scrapping the bottom of the drag barrel with this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 18202/08/2011

Manila is delightful. I hope she makes it to the final three. %0D %0D Raja cannot open her mouth without being condescending. I liked Stacy's fitness cut way better than hers. Rupaul usually makes it a point to eliminate contestants that say they are above the competition, ie truckdriver Phoenix. Raja better pack her shit.

by Anonymousreply 18302/09/2011

The judges seem to love Raja's "style." She ain't going anywhere. Raja, however, should watch out for Manila and Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 18402/09/2011

Mimi's humor reminds me of Ant's: hacky, exaggerated, stereotypical and, above all, unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 18502/09/2011

Really dislike all those bizarre, colored-contact lenses that some girls wear.

They are freaky and strange-looking.

Carmen is very pretty.

Still don't see the appeal of Raja, she's the real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18602/09/2011

Wow, Mimi went nuts! When she picked up India, I thought she was going to body slam her on the stage. That was the craziest reality shit ever!%0D %0D Now that the connection was made between Raja and "Sutan" from America's Next Top Model, I'm not surprised that she's such a cunt. Everyone on ANTM, from Tyra, to Mr. and Miss Jay, to Nigel, to the makeup people are all nasty bitches. They honestly think that they are IT. Bunch of deluded douchebags.%0D %0D I love big girl Stacy. She is so adorable. She's just shy, and those of you ragging on her are just ugly inside mean girls. Trashing Stacy isn't going to make you any prettier, or any richer, or any more desireable, so just shut the fuck up already.%0D %0D I'm hoping one of the big girls wins. It's about time.

by Anonymousreply 18702/09/2011

Shangela's tiny boy nips keep popping out of her dresses when she does runway walks. It's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 18802/09/2011

This episode I could finally see why Ru brought Shangela back. The "Halleloo Hoop" segment was funny.

by Anonymousreply 18902/09/2011

re: Halleloo.

ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 19002/09/2011

I noticed that Ru didn't tell Mimi that she was going to be moving on to a great future. She basicallly just said that you've been part of a great group (i.e. don't let the door hit you on the way out, crazy bitch!).

by Anonymousreply 19102/09/2011

OMG! That's so true yet so funny r191. LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 19202/09/2011

mimi always had that pained grimace on her face, and it always read as desperate; i'm not surprised she had a meltdown: competing the way the other girls did wasn't working, because she has nothing but shtick and self-doubt fueling her; so picking up a contestant in a last-ditch effort to make an impression suddenly made perfect sense. she can be a desperate, terrified dolt. %0D and her lipsync at the end was a direct rip-off of her drag mother sweetie. sweetie was featured on an earlier season of rupaul, and was in "starbooty" too, and is drag royalty here in nyc. watching mimi's gestures and face i was struck by the realization that she doesn't have an original bone in her body.

by Anonymousreply 19302/09/2011

Raja needs to watch it. She's on the express train to cuntville. Raven should be a cautionary tale for her.

by Anonymousreply 19402/09/2011

Post-elimination interview with Mimi here:

What the !@#$ was Mimi Imfurst thinking?!

by Anonymousreply 19502/09/2011

Raja is the most handsome!%0D %0D Or should I say pretty handsome~

by Anonymousreply 19602/09/2011

mimi can't seem to open her mouth without quoting a show tune. in THIS interview it's "9 people's favorite thing."

by Anonymousreply 19702/09/2011

I wanted Mimi to be good, just because of her name and the fact that Musto mentions her once in awhile.

When I first saw her, I thought that's it? Still I was willing to give her a chance. By the last episode I was hoping someone would throttle her.

No one got her. She's "New York". No bitch, everyone got it. And it wasn't good. Take some Prozac, tone it down, and get a job at the Dress Barn.

by Anonymousreply 19802/09/2011

[quote]Rebecca Glasscock is still the hottest guy out of drag.

Hottest guy out of drag is Raven.

[quote]'I'm Mimi Imfurst, not Mimi I'm like everyone Else'.

If she thought that, why did she have to creat "zany characters" every single time?

I loved Shangela in the premiere last season and am glad that she's made it this far this season. She talks so fast and is a bit screwball and I love her for it.

Alexis looks like my niece.

I like Stacey, too.

by Anonymousreply 19902/09/2011

Yara from PR is a cute little guy. His makeup is absolutely horrible though. His features get lost in all the heavy makeup and the light contacts did not help.

by Anonymousreply 20002/09/2011

Shangela is human waste.

by Anonymousreply 20102/10/2011

"Get ha awfa meee!

Mimi turned out to be pretty pathetic. I liked her at first, but she's a mess in every possible way. She's filled with self-doubt and seems desperate for acceptance.

I still don't see Raja. There isn't anything there in my opinion. I look at her and just see boy.

Raja gives good runway, but I'm tired of girls winning the whole thing just because they give good runway. Isn't she a professional makeup artist? Why is her makeup a mess?

I like Alexis. I love a bitch with a smile.

by Anonymousreply 20202/10/2011

Yara, Mariah, Carmen, and Raja are the cutest boys out of drag.

Shangela reminds me so of Lana Turner in facial structure and bitch face. That sideways glance he gave Alexis after hearing that he wasn't exactly welcomed back was pure mid-career Lana.

Manila is the one to watch. She's the total package.

by Anonymousreply 20302/10/2011

R187

I was thinking that this is the year of the big gurl, but now I'm not so sure. At first I thought Mimi and Delta Work were contenders, but they both turned out to be very blah.

Yes Stacy is huge, but I will admit that she does seem very sweet and she is adorable at times.

by Anonymousreply 20402/10/2011

Stacy lacks personality. Pure death for a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 20502/10/2011

Yeah, there are quite a few of them with no personality to speak of. It makes me miss JuJu even more.

by Anonymousreply 20602/10/2011

I foresee a spinoff: "Drag Queen Wrestling"

by Anonymousreply 20702/10/2011

Shangela rules!

by Anonymousreply 20802/15/2011

"You go for it, Stacy. You eat that chicken, you bitch."

I love her!

by Anonymousreply 20902/15/2011

Out of drag, India Ferrah is a beautiful boy. Too bad she's been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 21002/16/2011

Predictions for next week anyone?

Winner & Loser?

by Anonymousreply 21102/16/2011

You think so, R211? I thought he had a touch of fetal alcohol syndrome face. And his body was hideous. I know everyone gives the large girls grief, but there was a shot of him in this last episode that was so gross. He was just so flabby, no definition at all. A true testament ton spanx. %0D %0D Most of the girls this season could use a posture class. It looks like they're trying to stick out their chests to look like breasts, but for most of them it just accentuates their guts. %0D %0D Manila reminds me of Lypsinka when she's on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 21202/16/2011

Don't see the appeal of Raja, she is a total bitch, way, way overrated.

Carmen needs to stop relying on her bod, girl, put some clothes on!

by Anonymousreply 21302/16/2011

Stacey... I'm glad she's getting some sort of break, but she's like a lot of small-town Southern queens whose entire personality is based on some stereotype of what a drag queen should be. There's no original personality there -- just a lot of referring to other drag queens as bitches and wearing generic versions of what she finds glamorous.

Compare her to Ongina or Nina Flowers from the first season, whose drag personas were actual creations of their own personalities. There's no one this season who's even close when it comes to holding interest.

by Anonymousreply 21502/16/2011

You guys are right, they're ALL pretty boring, save for maybe Shangela and Carmen (who's been nominated for that logo new now next award so she obviously is a top 3 contender).

Raja is pretty and all but a major bitch with zero personality. Her job on the anchor desk was painful. When I see a drag show, I don't want to look at a pretty bitch, I want to be entertained.

The only three that are doing anything at all interesting are Shangela, Carmen, and Manila. I think they will be the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 21602/17/2011

Raja just wants to be a mute female model.

He's of the same mean ice queen vibe as Raven.

The LA bitches can be really mean-spirited - not truthful or outspoken, but just mean.

by Anonymousreply 21702/17/2011

Damn I miss Nina Flowers.

by Anonymousreply 21802/17/2011

Why was that one fat girl from LA trying to start shit with Raja? I can't help but love Stacy and her backwoods personality.

by Anonymousreply 21902/18/2011

Hmm -- I started off hating Raja as a pretty girl, then was sold on her creatively, and now I'm not so sure she's that pretty or creative. I mean, okay, she is Doing Something out there -- but she sure isn't feminine. That Marie Antoinette getup did not look like drag, it was more or less androgynous. Raja is getting into Ongina territory here. I hate to say it, but Shangela is quickly upstaging her.

And yes, Raja is painful during all the challenges. Ru is definitely protecting her in that department.

by Anonymousreply 22002/19/2011

Reply 210.

"Out of drag, India Ferrah is a beautiful boy."

Maybe on Planet Pig Face.

by Anonymousreply 22102/21/2011

"India Ferrah is a beautiful boy.

On what ring of Hell would India Ferrah be considered a " beautiful boy " ?

by Anonymousreply 22202/21/2011

Last week's Detroit 187 was about the murder of a transgendered performer.%0D %0D Shangela did the opening number. She looked great.%0D %0D Jai Rodriguez had a much larger speaking role. He played a drag performer too. He looked terrible in drag.

by Anonymousreply 22302/21/2011

It will be interesting to see what caused the delay in production a couple of months ago. It was some kind of medical emergency, IIRC. The show was supposed to start airing before Xmas, and that's why the first show had a Xmas theme, even though it aired in January.

by Anonymousreply 22502/21/2011

tonight - the snatch game!

by Anonymousreply 22602/21/2011

The spoilers were right! In Untucked you could see Mariah writing the C-o of "Congratulations (Winner's Name)" on the mirror!

by Anonymousreply 22702/21/2011

I call bullshit on Yara Sofia being in the bottom. I thought her Amy Winehouse was a scream. But I can't argue with SLAM's win. Her Mo'nique was vintage SNL.

by Anonymousreply 22802/21/2011

Shangela needs to go home. Her "My Fair Chubaka" outfit was dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 22902/21/2011

I'm so happy that Stacy won this week rather than Raja. In my opinion, Raja's outfit looked a hot mess, plus she's another hard bitch like that damn Raven from last season.

by Anonymousreply 23002/21/2011

I was wondering how Alexis would make Alicia Keys funny, but she was perfect. That queen who played Pink last year should have done the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 23102/21/2011

Funniest line of the night - Ru as SLM hit the runway:

Her name used to be Stacey Lane Bryant before she got married!

Ru making fun of the fat girl!

by Anonymousreply 23202/22/2011

Shangela coasted this week. Delta thinks that there can be only one "big girl" with a chance so she is constantly putting down Stacey. However, she gave her phone call to someone not in the clique, so she must not be all bad. Scared, maybe? Raja did rely on two jokes to portray Tyra Banks, but she was funny and knew how to perform for the camera. Her runway was interesting, too. She does remind me of Raven - arty and snide but also funny and fun to watch. I suspect she is putting on for the camera most of all.

by Anonymousreply 23302/22/2011

Untucked is the funniest show on TV. It's actually more entertaining than Drag Race. Delta's story about the Civil War Bride on the deserted road had me in tears.

by Anonymousreply 23402/22/2011

Delta is hilarious on Untucked, its like she only decides to be funny when the competition is over. Thats why she's been in the bottom two. Stacy finally figured that one out, and Delta is just being a hater!

Raja's runway was ok, didnt see why it was so impressive.

I really enjoy Shangela, she is one of the few likable queens this season.

by Anonymousreply 23502/22/2011

[quote] really enjoy Shangela, she is one of the few likable queens this season.%0D %0D I HATE her - as Raja said, she's all about telling you what she thinks but does not want to hear any response or rebuttal.%0D %0D As her "helpers" disappear from the competition (first India and now Mariah), she's going to be leaving soon too, since no one in "the clique" will do her hair and makeup for her (and you know SLM can't help her at all - the girl can barely help herself!)

by Anonymousreply 23602/22/2011

r236 = RAJA

by Anonymousreply 23702/22/2011

I liked this episode but think we saw some scripting.

First, Shangela is clearly being coached on her role. She's on orders to stir shit up and she is doing a great job of it.

Second, the phone call was clearly scripted. They were ready with the meaningful coverage of Shangela when she lost. The queens must have known about the prize before the contest. It was a nice moment but it was too perfect.

Now, beyond that...

SLM's Precious was exquisite. As good as Pandora's Carol Channing. But her runway was just embarrassing. She deserved the win but come on.

Raja has no comedy chops. Her Tyra was no good. And more and more I realize how un-feminine Raja is. She's kind of an androgynous gender fuck. Very stylish, very creative with the outfits, but not what I'd call a drag queen.

Carmen is dumb as a box of wigs and not that terribly stylish. She'll be gone soon.

Shangela's Tina was fine and her runway was great. She'll make it to the final three.

by Anonymousreply 23802/22/2011

My favorite part of this episode was Carmen being forced to act excited about Amber Rose as a guest judge lol

by Anonymousreply 23902/22/2011

This season is beginning to grow on me.

I thought Stacy deserved to win, just because her Monique was perfect. Runway, well girl needs to work on that.

Delta is beginning to work my last good nerve.

I love Raja's aesthetic but it's more performance art than drag, IMHO.

But I have no idea who could be the breakout star and become the winner.

by Anonymousreply 24002/22/2011

I really hate Raja. She's just not funny. And that "I don't do beauty pageants. I'm too rock-n-roll" was so pathetic. It's fucking drag, honey. It's not punk rock. I think the bitch is CONFUSED.%0D %0D Also, on the newscaster challenge, something was definitely up. Stacy Layne Mathews' team was SO much better than the pretty clique.%0D %0D Stacy's team was funnier, wittier, and more entertaining than those dry bitches who just IMITATED newscasters, and didn't do anything original.%0D %0D And Manila Luzon was so NOT funny. Her talking-Asian schtick was like watching a bad Margaret Cho impersonation.%0D %0D I think that RuPaul convinced Raja to be on the show for the "celebrity" factor. Because Raja is not entertaining in the least bit.%0D %0D Shangela LaQueefa Watson should have won that challenge. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 24102/22/2011

Still don't get the appeal of Raja.

WTF was up with that runway get-up?

That is not drag, at all. Her outfits look more like costumes than drag glamour.

by Anonymousreply 24202/23/2011

Worse Joan Crawford Ever!!!

Did that stupid bitch even know who Joan Crawfort was? Other then the hanger and the eye brows referenced, I am positive that dull queen had no idea who Crawford was. For that alone she should sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 24302/23/2011

Shangela is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 24402/23/2011

"Compliment, Compliment, THEN Question!"

by Anonymousreply 24502/23/2011

I was disappointed the little Puerto Rican boy in drag didn't do Iris Chacon.

by Anonymousreply 24602/23/2011

I didn't have any problem with Shangela - until I watched "Untucked." That shrill voice droning on and on, I had to mute the TV. Why don't any of those other queens give her a verbal smackdown? I'm sick of them just rolling their eyes and walking away.

by Anonymousreply 24702/23/2011

Ooooh, Miss Mariah got in a dig on the runway. "Carmen Carerra should be up here because all she did was a bitchier version of herself." BWAHAHAHA! I hate Carmen and her bullshit, so kudos to Mariah for that smackdown.%0D %0D And speaking of digs, how did the show allow Manila Luzon's insult during the broadcast challenge go on the air? When RuPaul asked Manila which television personalities she admires, Manila said "my favorite talk show queens - Mario Lopez and Ryan Seacrest!" I was shocked they let that air.%0D %0D Oh, and I would have sent Delta Work packing. She did a shitty Cher impression, and her costumes are fucking terrible.%0D %0D And did anyone else think that Carmen Carerra, with her witch's nose, looks more like Kim Kardashian than Jennifer Lopez?

by Anonymousreply 24802/23/2011

Carmen and Alexis have the exact same witch nose.%0D %0D I prefer Mariah's insult to Raja: "I so loved your washed up supermodel impression."

by Anonymousreply 24902/23/2011

I liked Mariah, she is prettiest queen to ever be on this show. But her Joan Crawford was indeed depressing. She looks completely different with facial hair.

I love that Shangela for her big mouth! It sounds like Raja and Shangela did a little more than make corn bracelets together, but whatever. Shangela is emerging as the front runner of the season.

The nude challenge next week is going to be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 25002/23/2011

"Making corn bracelets" = new euphemism for fucking

by Anonymousreply 25102/24/2011

Corn? When did we shuck corn??

by Anonymousreply 25202/24/2011

yes, SLM's outfit looked cheap, and looked a little "mother of the bride." but it looked good on what is essentially a giant blob. it made her look like she had something going on, a shape. %0D %0D Delta's outfit, and outfit(s) really, are well-made and nice materials, but only accentuate her gigantic pussybelly. it's gross. she needs to understand that being proud of her big body is fine, but that doesn't mean we want to see it in a catsuit and take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 25302/24/2011

Delta Wurke is REALLY big. That protruding belly is hard not to notice, and I think it will get in the way of her winning the competition.%0D %0D By the way, what's a LaQueefa?

by Anonymousreply 25402/24/2011

I doubt that SLM has two pennies to rub together. Good for her for pulling it out. I wish she wasn't Shangela's little bitch tho.

by Anonymousreply 25502/24/2011

What did ya'll think about SLN admitting that she fucks straight guys without them knowing that she's really a man? And who would fuck someone that fat? I still love her though.

I still LOL at Delta telling the story about the Civil War Bride ghost. She is so much funnier and warmer when she is not onstage.

by Anonymousreply 25602/24/2011

' And who would fuck someone that fat?"

Black Guys.

by Anonymousreply 25702/25/2011

I really like Raja. Her smeyesing so hard that she was vibrating was hilarious. Her doing leg lifts on the runway was funny. She's smarter than any other queen there except for Delta, which is why those two get along so well.

by Anonymousreply 25802/25/2011

Stacy Lane Matthews' hole must be so RANK!

by Anonymousreply 25902/25/2011

Shit, I missed that revelation. Did SLM have the operation? In a small town like that, she's looking to get killed.

by Anonymousreply 26002/25/2011

SLM didn't have no operation. She's so fat that it would be hard for anyone to tell what sex she was. She probably hides her dick in a fold of fat and just sticks her ass in the air.

by Anonymousreply 26102/25/2011

[quote] Did SLM have the operation?%0D %0D She looks like a female anyway. Very feminine facial features, and she seems to have little to no body hair.%0D %0D Just chop off her itty bitty, and she's a genuine big 'ol heffa!

by Anonymousreply 26202/25/2011

Raja is like Tyra Sanchez, last year's winner. Good runway,bitchy attitude and dull monotone voice, I can't understand why you'd go through all the motions of artifice without working on the voice and personality.

by Anonymousreply 26302/26/2011

i agree, none of them are black enough to win. thats why im expecting shangela to win, because she is black, and has attitude, and like tyra, nobody else likes her.

by Anonymousreply 26402/28/2011

Although I liked SLM, I really was not surprised that she was sent home. She was really out of her league. Shangela is quickly becoming a bore. All talk and nothing to back it up. And what was with that gold glitter Oldsmobile hubcap on her shoulder?? Shangela's outfit tonight was a Ghetto nightmare. No wonder everyone despises her. Raja looked like the mascot of a Mexican Day Of The Dead festival. More creep then couture.

by Anonymousreply 26503/01/2011

Ill miss SLM. "I dont want to see any more fucking cake!" lol

Raja is right about Shangela, but she is SO unlikable. How does she even have a drag career?

I thought Yara deserved to win, he is adorable. Everyone else's cotoure looked like it was glued together.

by Anonymousreply 26603/01/2011

Good riddance to that obese mess. She looked horrendous tonight packed into that blood red sausage casing.

by Anonymousreply 26703/01/2011

With every new episode I like Raja less and less. Her attitude sucks and Delta is right there with her. Raja you are many things darling but pretty isn't one of them. And yes that was a read.

by Anonymousreply 26803/01/2011

I like Raja and Manilla. Delta not so much. The Puerto Rican drag queens are pleasant enough. I also enjoyed SLM, but her competition really outdid her inn the lipsynch.%0D %0D I can't stand Shangela. She's clearly Ru Paul's favorite, and another talentless drag queen will win this year. I figured it was between her and Mariah at the start. But Mariah wasn't talentless or self-absorbed enough to catch Ru-Paul's attention.

by Anonymousreply 26903/01/2011

I liked Mariah, she was incredibly sweet. It's a shame that she forgot the words to that song because Delta is not a good performer.

I started to feel a bit sorry for Shangela after it appeared that everyone had turned on her tonight. But then I remembered that she was the ring leader in that group attack on Mimi. So my pity for her didn't last very long. I don't think she's going to win though. I feel like it's going to come down to Raja and Delta, which is going to suck.

by Anonymousreply 27003/01/2011

Have their ever been any black male guest judges on Rupaul's Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 27103/01/2011

Agreed..Raja's personality is becoming less and less likable. Shangela is a trouble maker and when they give it back -she plays innocent. I am not rooting for anyone this season. Although -I think Carmen has the cutest face as a man.

by Anonymousreply 27203/01/2011

Most of the bitch fights on this show are contrived. I betcha the dolls go out together for a cock-tail after each taping.

by Anonymousreply 27303/01/2011

"i agree, none of them are black enough to win. thats why im expecting shangela to win, because she is black, and has attitude, and like tyra, nobody else likes her."%0D %0D Wrong again, stupid. Raja wins, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 27403/01/2011

[quote]I still LOL at Delta telling the story about the Civil War Bride ghost.

Me, too. That was totally what Shangela's dress looked like.

As for Shangela, I like her drag. The girl can emote.

by Anonymousreply 27503/01/2011

[quote]I feel like it's going to come down to Raja and Delta, which is going to suck.

Yes, you can hate on Shangela, but she's really just creating conflict that keeps reality TV going! When she leaves it will become Raja's Dragrace, because she thinks she is the center of the universe. Rupaul knows how much that will suck, so I expect Shangela to make it to the final three.

by Anonymousreply 27603/01/2011

I agree, r276. I also think Shangela will make it to the final three, along with Raja and Manila.

I like Raja, and think she comes up with the most interesting concepts. But I see her as more of a performance artist than a drag queen. Shangela can be good, but she's too brittle.

Manila is the one I'm betting on.

I was just watching Untucked, and whoever thought of getting them liquored up after the runway deserves a Pulitzer. Or maybe a Peabody.

by Anonymousreply 27703/01/2011

Hmmm. the way Shangela was stuck into the line-up as a "surprise" makes me wonder how scripted her entire story-arc is. And how much their Untucked interaction is directed by the filming crew or someone. "Let's go spy on the other girls!" Puh-leeze.

by Anonymousreply 27803/01/2011

R277, I agree about the genius of getting them drunk. I rewound the scene with Raja's eyes lolling back in her head a couple times til I stopped laughing!

by Anonymousreply 27903/01/2011

[quote]"Let's go spy on the other girls!" Puh-leeze.

Exactly. It's all just a little too obvious and overdone.

by Anonymousreply 28003/01/2011

You have to admit that "Untucked" is the funniest show on TV right now. The editing is brilliant. It's actually more entertaining than the main Drag Race show.

How delusional is Delta to think that she could ever be considered a "Heather"? A 350 lb. Heather???

by Anonymousreply 28103/01/2011

I like the fact that Manilla isn't afraid to laugh at herself.She was an early favorite of mine so it would be great if she could pull it off; but Raja has been the chosen one from the very start. I don't see Raja losing.

It would be great if one of the Latino queens could pull it off. Well, not Carmen. I thought the comment she made about not wanting to talk about "gay stuff" with her husband was weird and I'm still not sure what to make of that comment.

R278

Yes Untucked seems a bit scripted this season. Last season it seemed more real. However, Raja did appear legitimately angry with Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 28203/01/2011

I think Raja will win. She's the most polished and original of the batch left. But I feel like she's really just a high fashion model. ZERO personality onstage. I can't imagine Raja hosting or emceeing anything would be much more than a costume parade.

by Anonymousreply 28303/01/2011

R282: Oh no question. that's genuine. (I am completely Team Raja/Manila for the final 2.) I just kinda think Shangela's instructions were to just make sure to keep everyone on an uneven keel. The M. C. Escher puzzles of illogic she weaves makes my head hurt...

by Anonymousreply 28403/01/2011

Shangela drives me nuts. Her 'Hallelu!' crap, the constant trying to bring tears to her eyes during judging, it's all nauesating. %0D %0D And if the bitch knew she wanted to come back, why the fuck didn't she learn how to sew? If she does make it to the final three, it will be entirely because of the script.

by Anonymousreply 28503/02/2011

Why is it a requirement for drag queens to sew? That seems like a ridiculous contrivance for the show. %0D %0D Very telling that Delta and Co. have chosen to model themselves after a clique of high school mean girls. So mature. %0D %0D And Delta, dear, you are NOT one of the pretty ones. You are an obese, mean spirited hag.

by Anonymousreply 28603/02/2011

I loved it when Billy B (who does Gaga) ripped Raja a new one on her makeup skills. HAH.

by Anonymousreply 28703/02/2011

Billy B is responsible for Lady GagGag? Then the bitch has no right to judge Raja - Raja's makeup is almost always perfect.

Besides, Billy's creepy tattoos going up the sides of his neck look like he has leprosy. Use some coverstick, queen!

by Anonymousreply 28803/02/2011

Billy B is teh HAWTNESS.

by Anonymousreply 28903/02/2011

It is a contrivance of the show, R286 and it was the main reason Shangela was kicked off last year. %0D %0D If she wants to MC a Hot X Buns contest in Atlanta, she can pick up a little number from Dress Barn, but if she wants to win RuPaul's Drag Race she should have learned how to sew. %0D %0D And yeah, Delta Werk is too dumb to realize that the only reason the 'popular girls' keep her around is so that they look better.

by Anonymousreply 29003/02/2011

This is my first season watching. How did Shangela get to come back?

by Anonymousreply 29103/02/2011

Well, look at her, r291--clearly a product of reanimation.%0D %0D And on a Logo budget, which also explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 29203/02/2011

Shangela oughta be kicked to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 29303/02/2011

He hardly "ripped" her r287. He even said later that he couldn't criticize anything else since she was pretty much perfect.

by Anonymousreply 29403/02/2011

No comments on the naked bodies?

by Anonymousreply 29503/02/2011

Body talk? Carmen's crazy because she thinks her body is so amazing. It's okay but she has no tone at all. Same thing with Manila who even had a bit of a gut. I thought the one who usually wears those scary contacts looked good. Not my type but in shape. Don't like his personality but Raja's photo was the best.

by Anonymousreply 29603/02/2011

R296

Carmen swears that's her natural body shape but it's way too feminine. I think she is pumped.

by Anonymousreply 29703/02/2011

R286

I can't stand Delta. She looks a complete mess every week, her lip-sync sucks,she has no stage presence, and she's a complete bitch. Yet she's still on the show. If she can be so horrible and still be there I think she has a good shot of making it to the end sadly.

And the whole superior thing, is she nuts? Who says things like that?

by Anonymousreply 29803/02/2011

Sometimes when I am watching this show I have flashbacks of several friends I lost to AIDS in the 80s and try to imagine what their reactions would be. When Ru said that one line about the cake being delicious and I want another piece, I kept thinking how absolutely astonished my old friends would be that a show like this is even ON THE AIR.

by Anonymousreply 29903/02/2011

Delta is even fatter than SLM. If you're going to be that fat, then you had better have a heart of gold, like SLM. Delta is delusional to think that she can be both morbidly obese and a mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 30003/02/2011

r294- he could've said something about the pantaloons, but when one makeup artist criticizes another on their job ("it's too creepy"), trust me, that is ripping her.

by Anonymousreply 30103/02/2011

It was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 30203/02/2011

R297, what's pumped? Do you mean she takes hormones? Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 30303/02/2011

"Pumped" = injected with silicone

by Anonymousreply 30403/02/2011

It's being reported that Raja has been friends with Ru for over 15 years and the "fairness" of the judging being jeopardized.%0D %0D Delta's look this week was horrible on the runway! I couldn't figure out what the raves were for???%0D %0D I did like when Shangela pointed out that Raja has been at it for 15 years and Shangela only a little over a year and yet they were both in the same place in the competition. Raja couldn't argue with that.

by Anonymousreply 30503/02/2011

R300, as Laura Linney said on "The Big C", you're either fat and jolly, or a skinny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30603/02/2011

You can't be fat and mean, Delta. You can be a jolly fat girl or a skinny bitch, but you can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 30703/02/2011

R305

If that's true I will lose all respect for Ru. I never would have thought that she would be so shady.

by Anonymousreply 30803/03/2011

[quote]Body talk? Carmen's crazy because she thinks her body is so amazing. It's okay but she has no tone at all. Same thing with Manila who even had a bit of a gut.

I think she meant her body is amazing for a drag queen. Drag is not about having a toned body (look at Delta!) Its more about curves, if you're doing female illusion. I think Carmen's natural curviness is hot, but I like femmy shaped guys anyway. I do find his relationship with his boyfriend to be a little off putting though.

by Anonymousreply 30903/03/2011

[quote]I think Carmen's natural curviness is hot, but I like femmy shaped guys anyway. I do find his relationship with his boyfriend to be a little off putting though.

Didn't know he had a boyfriend. What's off-putting about it?

by Anonymousreply 31003/03/2011

Spoiler Alert! I know who won.

by Anonymousreply 31103/03/2011

R310

I think Carmen is married.

by Anonymousreply 31203/03/2011

Oh r311, I think we already know who. It's that fugly ass Raja-Ghoul.

by Anonymousreply 31303/03/2011

R311: so nu?

by Anonymousreply 31403/03/2011

r310 he said he doesnt talk about gay things with his husband. He also said that his husband is really masculine, IIRC. Sounds like their marriage is based on traditional MF gender roles. Im guessing his husband only fucks him in drag!

by Anonymousreply 31503/03/2011

[quote]Didn't know he had a boyfriend. What's off-putting about it?

Carmen said that he and the boyfriend never discuss "gay stuff" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 31603/03/2011

R315

I thought that comment was so odd but no one pressed her on it. He said his husband isn't apart of the gay scene and they don't talk about gay things as if being gay and talking about gay things is bad. That really turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 31703/03/2011

post 317

"He said his husband isn't apart of the gay scene and they don't talk about gay things

Obvious...Black on the down low.

by Anonymousreply 31803/03/2011

[quote]Obvious...Black on the down low.

Or guido (Carmen's from Jersey).

by Anonymousreply 31903/03/2011

Can someone please explain how/why Shangela got to do another season? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 32003/03/2011

She threatened to tell everyone about RuPaul's boob job.

by Anonymousreply 32103/03/2011

r320, it never really was explained. %0D %0D My guess is that the other applicants were so bad that they decided to ask her back. Like any talent based reality show, there are only so many 'superstars' out there, so it's not surprising the well's run dry. %0D %0D R305, where did you see that about Raja and Ru being pals? I'm not shocked by that.

by Anonymousreply 32203/03/2011

R318

I think he's Puerto Rican, but I'm just basing that off the picture they showed of them together. I wonder if Carmen wants to be a woman instead of just a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 32303/03/2011

"Gay things" sounded to me like it was just that the guy wasn't into the "scene". Meaning they didn't talk about wigs and Mariah Carey and the Housewives of Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 32403/03/2011

Here's the "Scandal" from Perez Hilton's site.%0D %0D Don't read if you don't want possible spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 32503/03/2011

r320 Shangela went through the auditions again for this season.

Im watching RuPaul closely, didnt he get hospitalized for a heart condition or something while they taped this last year? I also noticed he didnt do much promo for this season like he did the last two.

by Anonymousreply 32603/03/2011

What kills me about Perez is that, aside from the blatant favoritism, his fat fugly ass believes that Raja deserves to win. Whatever!

Considering this would be the second bad choice in a row (Tyra over JuJuBee - yeah, right), Ru's playing with ratings fire. I love the show but I would not be sad if the ratings took a sharp dip and get yanked off television. Way to go RuPaul. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 32703/03/2011

Well that's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 32803/03/2011

[quote]Why is it a requirement for drag queens to sew? That seems like a ridiculous contrivance for the show. %0D %0D As a drag queen, I can tell you for certain that when you go out shopping for gowns, NONE of them really work until you make alterations. Then, to add your own polish, you accessorize the hell out of the outfit, and sometimes repurpose a gown altogether.%0D %0D Drag is a creative process, stemming mostly from the fact that you have to fit a MAN into WOMEN'S clothing, and make it fit right, yet still be feminine.%0D %0D THAT's why you need to know how to sew. All good queens do it, OR they have people they've hired to do it.

by Anonymousreply 32903/03/2011

We need some wig snatchin on this season!

by Anonymousreply 33003/03/2011

I'm really bored with this show already. The challenges are so lame.

by Anonymousreply 33103/03/2011

Only boring people are bored.

by Anonymousreply 33203/03/2011

I have grown to despise Raja, Manila, and Carmen. Nasty and ugly bitches on the inside and out.%0D %0D I was sad to see SLM go home. She made the show interesting because I don't often get to see country bumpkin drag queens. Plus, I thought she was cute.%0D %0D Shangela is okay, but she has a bad complexion. She's "meh" as a man, but is quite beautiful as a woman. And how can you not appreciate the name LaQuifa.%0D %0D Delta is a big fat bitch. She's Heather 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 all put together!%0D %0D I like the two latinas. They're both very nice, and they don't have attitude. I hope one of them wins the competition, but you just know that RuPaul has it in the bag for Raja.

by Anonymousreply 33303/03/2011

Finally got around to watching the episode. I cannot believe that Raja won.

What the hell? Bitch's dress was too short and you could see her fucking underwear.

Her make-up is still weird looking. I guess that spoiler is true.

Delta is a total bitch, but I still like Carmen.

by Anonymousreply 33403/03/2011

spoiler, you morons. Raja won it.

Crap TV!

by Anonymousreply 33503/03/2011

Stacy Layne Matthews and Mimi Imfurst are teaming up for an all-star dragavaganza at one of Mobile, Alabama's most exclusive nightspots!

Get your tickets, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 33603/03/2011

You'd have to pay me to go see that talentless MiMi Imfust train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 33703/04/2011

Mimi made a music video.

by Anonymousreply 33803/05/2011

Im not watching anymore if Shangela goes home.

by Anonymousreply 33903/05/2011

Then u ain't watching it no more R339.

by Anonymousreply 34003/05/2011

Raja as the winner was easy top pick after the first episode. I liked her at first but even before reading the spoiler, I changed my mind. She just seems like she has an ugly attitude and the whole thing with the heathers group is such a turnoff. Can't wait until those 4 start turning on each other. Especially Carmen (a nose job would help with the illusion) and Delta. The whole asian thing with the other chick is wearing out quickly. At least last year's group generally appeared to be friends.

by Anonymousreply 34103/05/2011

Wouldn't RuPaul know and be friendly with most of the contestants? The drag community ain't that big.

Raja and Manila are leaps above the rest of the contestants this season. I have no problem with Raja winning, but I'd love it if that spoiler is just a red herring and Manila actually won--she's the total package.

by Anonymousreply 34203/06/2011

Someone needs to tell Delta Dumptruck that she is no Heather.

by Anonymousreply 34303/06/2011

I just watched Untucked and I can't wait until Delta leaves. I felt sorry for her before because of her insecurity, but now that she thinks she's one of the pretty ones she's a total bitch. %0D %0D And she looked like Baby Jane Hudson going to the Junior Prom in her couture outfit.

by Anonymousreply 34403/07/2011

There's probably one more season that they can fill with camera-ready drag queens. After that, they'd have to really scrape the bottom of the barrel, unless they truck in queens from other countries, which could be interesting.

Ru should have saved Shangela for an All-Star season of queens who competed before but didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 34503/07/2011

Ugh, I LOATHE Raja. She's like the poster child for flyover fag hags who think they're "fashionistas" because they bought an "it" bag.

by Anonymousreply 34603/07/2011

I will refrain from commenting until I watch tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 34703/07/2011

Rupaul, oppressor of transsexuals.

by Anonymousreply 34803/07/2011

The Untucked exchange between Raja and Shangela about knowing each other IRL was weird. Why would Raja approach Shangela and fawn all over her and offer to help dress her for the reunion after Shangela was the first one kicked off of the show? "I just loved your style and attitude!" After only one episode Raja became a Shangela fan? Something about that story smells fishy (no pun intended). %0D %0D Although I'm no Shangela fan, it was shitty of Raja to bring that up on camera.

by Anonymousreply 34903/07/2011

What is it with Shangela and corn?

by Anonymousreply 35003/07/2011

I think Raja mentioned she saw Shangela perform in LA after she got the boot on the show and that their friendship began there backstage...

by Anonymousreply 35103/07/2011

r349, I think Raja and Shangela are both social climbers and they are both frustrated that the other is there to air dirty laundry. Either that or they have some kind of history.

by Anonymousreply 35203/07/2011

Miss r340:

by Anonymousreply 35303/07/2011

Delta got what she deserved tonight, trying to pretend she's one of the Heathers. The rest probably loved having her just to be the first to go and do the dirty work. I wonder if the Heathers break up after Raja's claim she wants Delta to stay (What about the other Heather who had to lipsink?) For the rest of the season, it's obvioiusly Raja vs. Shangela but at the end, when Raja wins, she and Shangela make amends. Of course I could totally be wrong if Shangela goes home next week. One final thing, Raja is performance art, not really drag.

by Anonymousreply 35403/07/2011

Shangela shut those bitches down!

by Anonymousreply 35503/07/2011

Count me as Team Hallelu too!

by Anonymousreply 35603/07/2011

Raja is a very handsome guy and I suspect that he was totally spoiled as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 35703/08/2011

He wasn't as cute as me as a kid!

by Anonymousreply 35803/08/2011

Delta is a genuine, nice person. Shangela is shit on legs.

by Anonymousreply 35903/08/2011

Delta is an insecure mess r359, and she came unraveled at the right time. %0D %0D There were some really flattering shots of Raja this week. He might be a cunt but he has a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 36003/08/2011

Raja mentioned that Delta does shows throughout SoCal. Is that true? What type of shows does she do? Has anyone seen her perform?%0D %0D Do the contestants know what the challenges are in advance so that they'll know what clothes to pack? Are we supposed to believe that Raja made that Carrie outfit in the workroom in a day?

by Anonymousreply 36103/08/2011

Asians do tend to spoil their cutest male children and Raja was probably the cutest of the cute.

by Anonymousreply 36203/08/2011

Genuinely nice people don't call other people "boogers," or say that they are inferior. Delta is clearly a legend in her own mind and long overstayed her welcome. I can't imagine that anyone would pay to see one of her shows.

by Anonymousreply 36303/08/2011

[quote]Genuinely nice people don't call other people "boogers"%0D %0D But drag queens do. "Booger drag" is part of the occupational lingo.

by Anonymousreply 36403/08/2011

What show are you guys watching? It's obvious Shangela is RuPaul's favorite and she's going to win. And they're giving her a much better edit than she deserves. It's almost as bad as with Tyra last year--where she was also obviously favored by RuPaul and the violent fight she got into with Tatiana was edited so you didn't see what a psycho Tyra was.%0D %0D Raja's going to win? I don't get that at all. She might be there until the end. And I'm sure she has some pre-existing deal with the show. But it's screamingly obvious Shangela is RuPaul's pet this season.

by Anonymousreply 36503/08/2011

With all the vaguely racist online chatter about the first two winners being black let me assure you that there is NO WAY a black queen will win again, even if they are the best.

I like Shangela a lot. She is young, fresh, and has more personality than anyone this whole season. However, she will simply not win for the reasons I stated before. No fucking way. I do believe she'll make the final three though.

Raja is stiff and boring and OLD and has zero personality. She's also a nasty bitch as well.

I really enjoyed watching Delta get her comeuppance this week considering what a total cunt she's been over the past few weeks.

I don't know whether to believe the spoiler or not, but I do think Carmen or Raja will win.

by Anonymousreply 36603/08/2011

R365 is probably right. Shangela doesn't deserve to win but they're giving her the underdog edit. Can't stand all that 'hallelu' crap. Is she some sort of Baptist drag queen? And out of drag she looks like a Mcdonald's Fry Guy.

by Anonymousreply 36703/08/2011

I hate Shangela's personality, but I have to admit that when her makeup is done right, her face is exquisite: her smile, her eyes, her bone structure... she's beautiful. When she stands there during the judges' critique, whether smiling, smirking or pouting, I can't take my eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 36803/08/2011

I hasten to add that I'm Team Manila all the way. Manila is the most beautiful drag queen ever.

by Anonymousreply 36903/08/2011

[quote]Is she some sort of Baptist drag queen?

Debutantess of the Deep South, bitch. Get it straight!

by Anonymousreply 37003/08/2011

Oops, at R369 I meant I'm R368 who wouldn't be caught dead... whatever. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 37103/08/2011

God, Delta is such a fat old bitter queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 37203/08/2011

[quote]Delta is a genuine, nice person. Shangela is shit on legs.

No she's not dear. She's a bitter cunt along with the rest of the Heathers.

The Heathers are why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 37303/08/2011

R348, why is RuPaul an "oppressor of transsexuals"?

by Anonymousreply 37403/08/2011

Missed this last night -- what did they LSFYL to? I read on another board that Manila tore it up, but they didn't mention the song.

by Anonymousreply 37503/08/2011

Shangela is going to win. RuPaul makes all the decisions and it's so obvious who she wants to win. Shangela gets all the breaks and was even invited back on the show after being eliminated in a previous season.

Last night, the comedy was horrible, and Shangela was not any better than the queen on her knees yet Ru rushed to give Shangela the win for that skit. It's obvious Ru has already decided who's won. She decided it before the other contestants knew Shangela was coming back on the show.

This show has as much blatant manipulation of the game going on as Big Brother does.

Now sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 37603/08/2011

[quote]why is RuPaul an "oppressor of transsexuals"?

You can't compete on the show if you're transgendered.

by Anonymousreply 37703/08/2011

I forget what they lip synched, but yes, Manila TORE it up. You have to youtube it.

by Anonymousreply 37803/08/2011

It was this r375.

by Anonymousreply 37903/08/2011

R375, it was MacArthur Park, and Manila was brilliant. Delta didn't even try.

by Anonymousreply 38003/08/2011

saw an Orbitz commercial with Shangela, Manila, and Carmen. They looked good, but its strange that the commercial was released before the season was over.

by Anonymousreply 38103/08/2011

Are they cutting up the lipsynchs much more this season? I feel like we only get to see 30 seconds of the performances. %0D %0D Manila totally reminds me of Lypsinka, that's why I like her so much.

by Anonymousreply 38203/08/2011

[quote]Last night, the comedy was horrible, and Shangela was not any better than the queen on her knees yet Ru rushed to give Shangela the win for that skit.%0D %0D I think Yara deserved to win too, even though I like Shangela. And Shangela auditioned with the rift raft again to get casted.%0D %0D As someone said before, that ho Raja is guaranteed the win. She had 46% of the fans votes on LOGO and she is still leading with 30%.

by Anonymousreply 38303/08/2011

Yes, the contestants are told what outfits to bring with them, like a funny outfit, western outfit, etc., so they have a pretty good idea what the challenges are going to be before the show starts taping. I'm sure they prepared their stand-up routines weeks ago, even though they were as lame as could be.

Delusional Delta really choked last night. She is funny during the Untucked show, but she craters when she's onstage. It's a shame that SLM was sent home before Delta because I think she would have been really funny last night.

by Anonymousreply 38403/08/2011

I thought it was hilarious how excited they all tried to act about Rita Rudner coming in to assist them. I'm sure most of them didn't even know who she was. I'll give her credit though, bitch looked good.

by Anonymousreply 38503/08/2011

The highlight of Untucked last night was Carmen tucking her dick right behind Raja's head LOL. She tucked it ALL the way back, that shit looks like it hurts like hell.%0D %0D Carmen really shouldn't wear jail stripes anymore, he looks he came from a Puerto Rican concentration camp. Somebody get him a sanwich.

by Anonymousreply 38603/08/2011

Shangela owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 38703/08/2011

Who on earth is telling Carmen that her body is so amazing? It's totally toneless and she's got a flat ass.

by Anonymousreply 38803/08/2011

I thought Carmen's standup was the winner. "Sit on a toilet and become a mother"

by Anonymousreply 38903/08/2011

Does anyone think that Raja's actually hot as a dude?

by Anonymousreply 39003/08/2011

"rift raft," r383? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 39103/08/2011

There was absolutely no point in bringing Shangela back. She lasted ONE episode last season. For something like this to happen, there's a blatant "fix". It's embarrassingly obvious. Is Shangela fucking Ru? If he/she/it wins, I'm through with the show. Who wants another black drag queen to win again? C'mon! I'm want an Asian, or a fat girl to win. Something different already! Jesus. It's nothing more than a bunch of RuPual clones for the win. Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 39203/09/2011

OK, RuPaul compared Yara Sophia to Andy Kaufman.

by Anonymousreply 39303/09/2011

I don't care if the winner is black but I do care if they suck and Shangela sucks. I hope Manila or somebody else pointed out to Shangela that her comedy routine was based entirely on a stereotype so she should shut the fuck up when somebody else uses one.

by Anonymousreply 39403/09/2011

To all you Shangela haters:

WHATEVAH!

Shangela owned those %E2%80%9CHeather%E2%80%9D bitches this week and you know it. Shangela worked the comedic competition from beginning to end and got what she want, the elimination of one of Raja-Ghoul%E2%80%99s Pink Ladies wannabees. They know it, Shangela knows it, and Shangela%E2%80%99s group knows it. Mind you, the bottom two was both %E2%80%9CHeathers%E2%80%99. Plus, if you watched UNTUCKED, not one of those she-devils try to come after Shangela like they did last week because, again, SHANGELA OWNED THEIR ASSES.

DON%E2%80%99T HATE! CONGRATULATE!!!

by Anonymousreply 39503/09/2011

R395, you're beautiful

by Anonymousreply 39603/09/2011

So drag queens speak a different language than the rest of us? Saying someone is a booger and inferior are really compliments? Maybe in Bizarro World. Face it, Delta is as ugly on the inside as she is out.

by Anonymousreply 39703/09/2011

Yara Sophia is a real dark horse who seems to be hitting her stride.

by Anonymousreply 39803/09/2011

If Manila doesn't win this I'll be devastated. I adore her.

by Anonymousreply 39903/09/2011

Thank god she took out those awful contact lenses. I think Yara is the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 40003/09/2011

Who is the Drag Race shill trying to create false suspense and "outrage" by repeating this tired "Shangela wins!" bullshit? Everyone knows Raja wins.

by Anonymousreply 40103/09/2011

The editing of the lipsync for your life was ridiculous. It looked like the Charlie Sheen remix.

by Anonymousreply 40203/09/2011

Manilla's lip-sync performance was really good. After watching that performance I can't believe that she isn't going to win. I have a hard time believing that any of the queens left are better performers.

Thank god Delta is finally gone; I couldn't stand her. She was horrible pretty much every week and should have been eliminated long ago.

by Anonymousreply 40303/09/2011

R397

I was shocked when Delta had the nerve to say that she was superior SLM. She could have said that she has more experience or whatever else but to say that someone is inferior to you is just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 40403/09/2011

R363

Exactly! She would have to pay me to come see her boring ass perform.

by Anonymousreply 40503/09/2011

It's obvious now why Delta hated Mimi so much. They had too much in common. both of them were insane. %0D %0D Can anyone tell me why Shangela threw the drank at Mimi during Untucked? I missed that episode but they show it during all of the previews.

by Anonymousreply 40603/09/2011

Mimi accused Shangela of having a Sugar Daddy. But the whole incident seemed very scripted and rehearsed. Shangela is a terrible actress. She needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 40703/09/2011

Wow, Delta just melted into a big heap of jello.%0D %0D She's supposed to be a star performer, who would "kill" on-stage. And she was the WORST of all the queens.%0D %0D Looks like all that bitterness bought her a ticket back home. Sucks to be you, Delta Pork!%0D %0D Raja leaves me cold. I just can't stand her. She's boring, unfunny, and pretentious. Same with Manila. They only thing that either of them has going for them is that they're skinny.%0D %0D And the worst bitch of all has to be Carmen. Rita told her to try and look for something inside that she doesn't like, and of course Carmen didn't have a clue. So her schtick was to criticize and make fun of fat women. Nasty fucking slut.%0D %0D The Spanish girls proved once again that they were the sweetest contestants. They helped Shangela with their make up, and they gave really cute performances. I want one of them to win.%0D %0D Shangela deserved her win. Her performance was spectacular, and she made Raja, Carmen and Manila look like fools. I would pay to see Shangela. I wouldn't pay to see those other hags, because they're neither funny nor amusing.

by Anonymousreply 40803/09/2011

Shangela's act was tired as hell this week. Unfunny, unoriginal but polished. Borrring. I like how she says that she doesn't attack with knives, but she attacks with strategy.

Right. That and drinks thrown in the face. But I guess that was "strategy" too. She's scum. And those boils on her face make me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 40903/09/2011

Hi Manila!

by Anonymousreply 41003/09/2011

[quote]The Spanish girls proved once again that they were the sweetest contestants.

Which girls are from Spain?

by Anonymousreply 41103/10/2011

I've been rooting for Yara all along. She's the only one who doesn't appear to have an ounce of bitch in her...and she's cute as hell out of drag.%0D %0D I can't believe how ridiculous Shangela is with her little "revenge" plot, and "strategy". If she had played nice to begin with, she wouldn't have had a reason for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 41203/10/2011

Shangela is pure Ghetto trash. Compared to the other queens, She looks like a man in a dress.

Raja has the personality of a deep fried Banana chip.

Delta Hog is back home being a "Heather" all by herself.

by Anonymousreply 41303/10/2011

Delta was more a "Heifer" than a "Heather"

by Anonymousreply 41403/10/2011

"Shangela is going to win"

Bless the Lord, there are still dreamers in the world!

by Anonymousreply 41503/10/2011

Shangela was brought on to play a role.

She is playing it.

It's pretty clear she's there to mix it up.

Eh, not as good as last season. Pandora, Jujubee... no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 41603/10/2011

I loved Yara's stand up, the BF and I were cracking up. It seems like the queens from PR/Cuba (like Nina Flowers) are well rounded talented ladies. And I emphasize the word lady.

by Anonymousreply 41703/10/2011

r416, I truly believe that Jujubee was one of the best contestants ever. I loved her and RuPaul should realize that she %E2%80%9Cfucked it up%E2%80%9D by choosing Tyra a.k.a. (in deep bass voice) The Woman in Me, as the winner. That%E2%80%99s why I hope these rumors of Raja-Ghoul winning aren%E2%80%99t true. That would be two undeserving winners in a role and that could damage the show, especially if the additional rumor of Raja-Ghoul and RuPaul being long time friends are true.

by Anonymousreply 41803/10/2011

I think the one thing Shangela does have that most of the contestants lack this season is energy. Her stand up routine wasn't particularly funny, but she had a lot of energy and commanded that stage. %0D %0D Raja is like a more talented version of Raven, who basically slept walk through last season and mabye changed facial expressions once. %0D %0D Manila is young and probably not much more experienced than Shangela, but she's a natural. But I bet she won't win.

by Anonymousreply 41903/10/2011

[quote] Raja is like a more talented version of Raven, who basically slept walk through last season and maybe changed facial expressions once.

r419, the main thing that Raja-Ghoul has in common with Raven is just the pure nastiness. Tatiana read her right at last season%E2%80%99s reunion when she called Raven %E2%80%9Cunhappy and empty%E2%80%9D to her face and Raven had no response. I see Raja the same way, just a nasty unhappy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 42003/10/2011

Delta put up "The Heathers" page on FB. She's such a sad bitter cunt.

by Anonymousreply 42103/10/2011

Manila and Sahara Davenport are constantly out being photographed together in character but clearly as a couple. I have to wonder about the dynamics of that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 42203/10/2011

Reruns of last season were on yesterday, and it was clear that Sahara Davenport and Shangela were friendly (not implying any shucking, just friends), but yet Manila seemed to resent Shangela from the start. Wonder about the backstory there. Also, I saw DJ Pierce (Shangela's male alter ego) emceeing a comedy special on Logo, so she must have impressed somebody. Doesn't mean she will win though, because Ongina from season one did the same emcee gig before and she wasn't a winner either

by Anonymousreply 42303/10/2011

The Puerto Rican drag queens are always the nicest. The L.A. drag queens are always mean as snakes.

by Anonymousreply 42403/10/2011

[quote]but yet Manila seemed to resent Shangela from the start.

Because Ru dragged Shangela's eliminated ass back onstage and keeps giving her "another chance", praising her and letting her win competitions in which she's clearly not the best.

by Anonymousreply 42503/10/2011

Speaking of trolls re: Shangela. Who is trying to make her out to be the underdog on this thread? Do you buy wholly into the crass manipulation of the show, or are you somehow connected to the asshole named Shangela?%0D %0D And no way is Raja as huge a cunt as Raven (or Shangela for that matter). Raven was constantly picking at, criticizing and undermining everyone else. Raja doesn't talk any more shit tha Shangela--who is the #1 offender in that regard. (Especially now that Delta is gone).

by Anonymousreply 42603/10/2011

"For the love of God, somebody please shit in my mouth!"

by Anonymousreply 42703/10/2011

I'm sorry but you cannot be the next top drag queen or whatever if you can't do your own fucking makeup. Period. Shangela is clearly in on the fix as she mutters lines in the Interior Illusions Lounge fed to her by the producers so she can be the next Raven. They are all right when they say she can dish it out but she can't take it.

I like Delta but clearly she is one sad ass fat clown drag queen. I really don't like watching fat drag queens have a melt down as they invariably do on this show. I enjoy her look. I always see a whiff of Jennifer Coolidge in her face which cracks me up. But she deserved to go home the minute she put on that t-shirt for the Main Stage.

by Anonymousreply 42803/10/2011

Are they going to address why the show's taping was interrupted due to someone's health emergency? Do we know who it was?

by Anonymousreply 42903/10/2011

I assume not. Weren't we all hearing abour Ru's ticker towards the end of the hideous Drag U run? Was THAT show truncated?

by Anonymousreply 43003/10/2011

[quote]I'm sorry but you cannot be the next top drag queen or whatever if you can't do your own fucking makeup.

Whatever. One moment you say drag is about camp, and the next you call out someone for not having make-up skills. Shangela is a funny drag queen who will have years to perfect her damn makeup. Hallelu to your ass too!

by Anonymousreply 43103/10/2011

Despite his supposed makeup skills, Raja never looks like anything more than a man with makeup.

by Anonymousreply 43203/10/2011

Raja is butt-ugly, and if she wins the title I'll be done with this show!

by Anonymousreply 43303/11/2011

You people need to look at The Heather facebook page that Delta created. It is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 43403/11/2011

[quote]You people need to look at The Heather facebook page that Delta created. It is pathetic.

Who says Delta created it? Just because her picture is featured right now doesn't mean it's her page. I'm thinking it was placed in rotation after she got booted off the show, and each of the four Heathers will be featured when THEY get booted off.

by Anonymousreply 43503/11/2011

Take a look at it. She is promoting herself mostly and not the other Heathers.

by Anonymousreply 43603/11/2011

r431 Hi Shangela!

by Anonymousreply 43703/11/2011

R434

Delta is such a delusional fat cunt! Her lonely ass needs to drop this whole Heathers thing and go to hell. She's not alone because of her weight, she's alone because she's a miserable bitter bitch.

by Anonymousreply 43803/11/2011

Delta didn't create that page!

by Anonymousreply 43903/11/2011

[quote]Does anyone think that Raja's actually hot as a dude?

I think he is. Unfortunately he has that stank attitude. Do not want.

by Anonymousreply 44003/11/2011

[quote]Does anyone think that Raja's actually hot as a dude?

EWWWW!

by Anonymousreply 44103/11/2011

Last year the Untucked show made me loathe most of the queens and did nothing to make me like any of them. Has Untucked made you like any of the queens this year? It seems to help to solidify enmity.

by Anonymousreply 44203/11/2011

I love Untucked. The editor catches the most hilarious close-ups during their conversations. I actually prefer it to the main show. It's Emmy worthy.

by Anonymousreply 44303/11/2011

As cunty as Delta is, she was the star of Untucked. She really unloaded on everyone while sipping her Absolut.

The scene of Carmen tucking last week while Raja bitched on and on was award worthy. I also loved when Alexis told Mariah she wasnt shit like it was nothing. Mariah's face was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 44403/11/2011

Interesting interview w/ Delta. She kinda dug her own grave on the show, on Untucked she was given a bulldozer. Not sure if the interview helps her case.

by Anonymousreply 44503/11/2011

R442

I like Untucked but you do have a point. The only people I began to like more as the series progressed was Jujubee and Tatiana. Sonique, Morgan, and Raven were just mean as hell and Untucked didn't do them any favors. Although, at the reunion Sonique did kind of explain why she came off so bitter on the show.

by Anonymousreply 44603/11/2011

I like how Delta and a few others in their exit interviews on new now next mentioned Phoenix as the nicest and or/most talented. We hardly got to know her, and I have a soft spot for big noses...

by Anonymousreply 44703/11/2011

R445

Wow! She still hasn't gotten over her issues with SLM. I still don't like her but at least she's owning her bitchiness and not trying to sing a different tune now that the show is over. I had no idea Raja was her drag mother; I guess I wasn't paying attention. They're both bitches so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 44803/11/2011

What exactly do the duties of a "drag mother" entail? Let's hope she doesn't have to wipe Delta's ass or change her diapers!

by Anonymousreply 44903/11/2011

lol r449

by Anonymousreply 45003/11/2011

I would say with the exception of Nina Flowers, EVERY Latina drag queen confuses a thick spanish accent and Latin flavor with personality. It's getting really tired. Well, every one except Carmen Carrera, who has no personality.

by Anonymousreply 45103/14/2011

I just saw last weeks episode.

How the hell is a bucket of blood all over you supposed to be funny?

I'm so glad Delta is gone.

Still hate Raja, someone mentioned he looks like a boy in make-up, it is true. No illusion or transformation or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 45203/14/2011

I miss Nina Flowers r451. But really, Yara and Alexis cant help their thick accents because they are both native Ricans.

I also miss Santino. I know he would have ripped Raja a new one for the crap she thinks is genius on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 45303/14/2011

??

by Anonymousreply 45403/14/2011

Delta was so sad. I never got why she was chosen. She didn't have that 'it' factor and on stage she was bland and boring and certainly looked without any fashion sense. Offstage she seemed bitter, sad and not at all friendly. I'm glad she's gone...Now I like Shangela

by Anonymousreply 45503/14/2011

I like Untucked because it shows people explaining themselves and describing recent events and insulting each other--while wearing ridiculous outfits and makeup. They are trying to be taken seriously while wearing a bucket on their head or holding a wig in place or tucking their dick between their legs. Lots of entertainment value.

by Anonymousreply 45603/14/2011

R451

I see your point but I think it's really an issue of typecasting (is that the word I'm looking for? I'm having a moment lol).Yara and Alexis seem to be this season's version of Jessica Wild, Raja this season's Raven, Manilla this season's Jujubee (though not nearly as good). I guess the show figures that Latina queens with thick accents are good for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 45703/14/2011

[quote] I also miss Santino. I know he would have ripped Raja a new one for the crap she thinks is genius on the runway.

GUESS NOT. On tonight's runway, Santino practically came all over Raja. Santino recognizes that Raja is doing high drag, not the crappy low camp some of those other bitches are serving up (I'm looking at you chicas...)

by Anonymousreply 45803/15/2011

Really boring episode. The remaining contestants have no C.U.N.T.

by Anonymousreply 45903/15/2011

The queens hit rock bottom in this episode, except for Alexis. I lmao @ Shangela bitching about Santino.

I can't tell if Carmen's body is enhanced or not.

by Anonymousreply 46003/15/2011

R458: i like the term "high drag" to describe raja- there are layers of meaning in what he is doing, as reflected through a mirror of 70's and 80's pop culture.%0D %0D shangela is getting on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 46103/15/2011

So "high drag" means not having much talent?

by Anonymousreply 46203/15/2011

Shangela is pure Ghetto trash. Her runway outfit was embarrassing. The Marilyn Monroe reference hurt my ears. Raja was correct in saying that Shagela's dress was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 46303/15/2011

"High drag" apparently means looking like a man with eyeshadow and being a personality-free cunt

by Anonymousreply 46403/15/2011

Wow, "ghetto"--that's fresh and new.

by Anonymousreply 46503/15/2011

Alexis' PSA was hilarious. Bam! Bam! Bam!

Ru made a big mistake by eliminating all of the big girls too soon. They definitely added something to the show that is now missing.

I despise Carmen. No personality, class or humor.

by Anonymousreply 46603/15/2011

Will the PSAs be broadcast on Armed Forces Network so that each and every service member will get a chance to enjoy them?

by Anonymousreply 46703/15/2011

Raja looks a bit familiar.%0D %0D I feel like I have seen her somewwhere before

by Anonymousreply 46803/15/2011

Shangela's dress was a mess but she has more CUNT than any of these tired ass bitches. I mean can you imagine going to an event hosted by Raja or Manila or Carmen? They have zero sense of personality or comedic timing, which Shangela has in abundance. THAT is why she's still around, and THAT is why she'll make top 3 I bet. She is practically the only spark left at this point.

by Anonymousreply 46903/15/2011

I agree that Shangela is a contender for the top queen, she is really entertaining. But she is a total user, especially the way she treated sweet Yara. I know Raja wishes she didnt waste so much time in the competition barking at Shangela. It makes her come off as no fun.

by Anonymousreply 47003/15/2011

This season sucks so bad that I really don't give a fuck anymore who shantes and stays or who sashays away.

by Anonymousreply 47103/15/2011

It doesn't make any sense that the last 3 winners(if Raja does indeed win) have no real hosting skills. Isn't that the main thing these queens do, i.e. hosting shows and events? Wouldn't Ru want to chose someone like Jujubee, Shangela or Nina Flowers who can really promote the show?

by Anonymousreply 47203/15/2011

I agree. There really isn't anyone to root for. Plus we all know Raja is going to win anyway, UGH!Phoenix was such a dude, but I do wonder what the show would have been like if she was still there. She seemed pretty creative. Mimi was a little crazy but I think she should have been on the show a lot longer, she was entertaining. Once Shangela is gone it will be boring as hell. This is probably the worst cast yet.

by Anonymousreply 47303/15/2011

I adored country queen, SLM. You wonder what she'll do now to support herself.

by Anonymousreply 47403/15/2011

What, no mention of how la Weir was more glammed up than all the queens onstage? Mary! Bisexual, my ass. The last pussy she saw was her momma's.

by Anonymousreply 47503/15/2011

I finally see what is wrong or "off" about Raja

Bitch is cross-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 47603/15/2011

La Weir certainly gave Raja a much-needed reading

by Anonymousreply 47703/15/2011

Once again, "The Raja's going to win" meme. Clearly, Angela is RuPaul's favorite and will win.%0D %0D I think it should be pretty clear by now, this show is not a competition. It is just as fake as any other bullshit reality series. I enjoy it for what it is: a little slice of "fake" gay culture. But if by season three you can figure out the winner from the opening episode, it's not a competition.

by Anonymousreply 47803/15/2011

Troll-dar is so much fun! I wonder who all those hightlighted posters could be?!?!? Sign me up for a 99 cent reality show so I can trash people too!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47903/15/2011

[quote]Raja looks a bit familiar.

I was distracted by how much he looked like Sarah Wayne Callies during the runway this week.

by Anonymousreply 48003/16/2011

Obitz? The latest in discount death pool trackers?

by Anonymousreply 48103/16/2011

[quote]Raja looks a bit familiar. I feel like I have seen her somewhere before%0D %0D His real name is Sutan, and is the makeup artist for America's Next Top Model. He usually gets more air time than he normally would warrant.%0D %0D Or maybe his real name is something else, I don't know.%0D %0D I do agree he has a higher concept than the other queens. The American Indian garb was genius.

by Anonymousreply 48203/16/2011

[quote] I do agree he has a higher concept than the other queens. The American Indian garb was genius.%0D %0D What Raja is doing is NOT drag. It's just fashion.%0D %0D Raja is not a drag queen. He's a performance artist. And a whore.

by Anonymousreply 48303/16/2011

There aren't any front runners this season but boy there's a lot of dead wood. I don't know who I dislike more, Shangela or Carmen Carrera. %0D %0D Carmen is dumber than a box of hair and isn't nearly as pretty as she thinks. And if she's getting hormones or whatever the other queens suspect, why does she look so flabby? %0D %0D Shangela kisses RuPaul's ass any chance she gets and constantly makes it all about her. If something happens to somebody else, nobody cries harder than Shangela. And she's not a good enough actress to pull it off. Total phony. %0D %0D Wasn't it nice of the camera crew to film all the queens above the belly button during the bra challenge? None of them have good torsos, except maybe Yara.

by Anonymousreply 48403/16/2011

There is no way Shangela is winning this. The editing has been making her out to be a raging jealous bitch when I don't think that's necessarily the case.

by Anonymousreply 48503/16/2011

"Raja is not a drag queen. He's a performance artist."%0D %0D Actually, he's a fashion stylist and a model. Performance art requires an ability to perform, not just appear fierce on a runway in interesting clothes and make-up.

by Anonymousreply 48603/16/2011

Raja is the only one left who hasn't been in the bottom 2, which means that we haven't seen whether she's good at lip syncing. Manila's lip sync was a revelation and she showed lots of personality during the bra challenge. ML's now my favorite.

It also seems that, at least for the past two weeks, Untucked has focused on other queens' bitchiness rather than Raja's or Manila's: last week it was Delta; this week was Shangela and Alexis.

This makes me wonder if they're definitely in the final two. I wouldn't be surprised if they and Shangela (just for the drama's sake) are the final three.

by Anonymousreply 48703/16/2011

Alexis is my favorite after this week's show. Drag should be fun, not brooding or high-fashion. Alexis is the very definition of "fun drag".

by Anonymousreply 48803/16/2011

yes, we need to see raja lip synch.%0D %0D raja should be styling shangela.

by Anonymousreply 48903/16/2011

Manila did look like shit as a blond.

by Anonymousreply 49003/16/2011

Manila needs to learn about makeup. She's either powdered to hell and back up between her brows, or covered in dripping liquid eyeliner.%0D %0D Yara needs to learn to blend her foundation better. Her cheek bottoms always have a line before the neck begins.%0D %0D I don't know if it was just editing, but Shangela certainly does employ everyone's help over and over, but cannot be bothered to help anyone else in the slightest. It appears that Yara had a simple question about whether or not doing her shoot nude would be a good idea. Shangela could've just found a clever way to encourage her to do something more original...instead she told her to be quiet because she needed to focus. Yara has been her go-to person for makeup tips too. %0D %0D I think Raja is the only one who has any business doing drag in this show, period, as far as camp factor, and makeup perfection. True, we've not seen her lipsynch, and she needs to work on her presentation and make it more feminine. But that can be learned. I wish Ru would point that out to her.

by Anonymousreply 49103/16/2011

Raja is a fashion model and has GREAT costumes and runway. But his monotone speaking voice and lackluster personality just don't have star quality.%0D %0D I think he wins, but I truly believe overall, Shangela would be the prettiest AND most entertaining queen if I were to go see one of them in a show.

by Anonymousreply 49203/16/2011

Watching re-runs from last season, I had forgotten how much better it was over this season. And the production values seemed better last season, too.

by Anonymousreply 49303/17/2011

I think Raja's funny, and he seems to be smarter than the other girls. I think that's why he got along so well with Delta. Like it or not, those two could communicate with a level of wit and irony that the other girls can't quite muster. Shangela in particular seems sort of dumb, though not so dumb as Carmen.

Anyway, Raja's smeyesing and her standup were funny, and here costumes are fabulous. I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 49403/17/2011

Raja has had 20+ years to perfect her "presentation." If she doesn't have it by now, she ain't gonna get it. And you must have missed the part where Raja and her porky compatriot communicated like two high shool mean girls. Neither one of them are rocket scientists. Delta, in particular, is a mess of neurorses.

by Anonymousreply 49503/17/2011

Thanks R482, ANTM is exactly where I first saw him.

by Anonymousreply 49603/17/2011

It's a shame that Delta couldn't bring the humor and wit that she showed on Untucked to the competition. Her take-down of Mimi on Untucked was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 49703/18/2011

Does anyone know the name of the white (maybe latino) male model with the beard on the show?

by Anonymousreply 49803/19/2011

I can guarantee you that out of all these queens, Shangela is the one booking the most shows. She's the only one that has the showmanship aspect of drag down. I mean, I don't want to just look at a pretty bitch onstage, I want to be entertained!

by Anonymousreply 49903/19/2011

Gurl, spill the tea! Halleloo!

by Anonymousreply 50003/20/2011

[quote]Does anyone know the name of the white (maybe latino) male model with the beard on the show?

Apparently his name is Shawn Morales.

And yes, that does look like fun.

by Anonymousreply 50103/20/2011

I just started to watch the show online and decided to watch season 1 & 2 complete with the untucked episodes on Logoonline.com. Mostly I feel that this season no one is really funny in an out of the box sort of way.

What Ru seems to want first and foremost is someone who can pass. I kept wondering what it was about Carmen that they keep liking so much coz pretty she ain't. but then I realized, Carmen can pass for a woman. Ru does not want the best illusionist, she wants someone who can pass as a woman and then know how to glamorize that.

Anytime Ru is not in drag, he tries to emphasize his "masculinity." The quotes are there because his idea for masculinity is so darn stereotypical. He wears those heavy black rimmed glasses, he makes sure his chest hair shows at the untucked episodes which are filmed after the show is done and he doesn't have to wear drag. He wears a sorry looking mustache. All this to emphasize just how much he can pass as a woman when he is in drag.

In both season 1 and season 2 the contestants eliminated were those who least looked like a woman of that group.

I think this year Ru got the message and we see lots of different kinds of queens, not just the Carmen type. That's refreshing. But I bet the winner will be someone who can pass as a woman.

BTW Just how gorgeous was Shannel in season 1, and just how shallow?? Good lord, how many times did she have to tell us just how much she loves herself?

by Anonymousreply 50203/20/2011

I watched the first season of Drag Race, then drifted away. I caught a few minutes of the new season today and I got to wondering.... I realize that they (probably) do their own makeup, but what about the outfits and hair?

The stuff they wear on the show is not something you can go to the local dress shop or wig store and pick up. Do the girls use their own outfits or does the show have dressmakers/seamstress on-board behind the scenes to whip up their outfits for each show? The same question on wigs -- some of those wigs are crazy elaborate. Are there wigmakers/hair stylist taking their orders from the girls, to create the perfect style for their outfit of the day.

by Anonymousreply 50303/20/2011

When the B-52's "Love Shack" video came out in 1989, very few people realized that the hot sistah with the afro dancing down the line "Soul Train" style was Ru Paul's first "mainstream" appearance. It was cool seeing her become widely played on MTV and stand her ground in a disturbing encounter with Milton Berle on the VMA's in 1983.

by Anonymousreply 50403/20/2011

Okay bitches - since you know everything and have already leaked that Raja wins, tell us the rest of the order.

Who are the top 5 and in what order do they fall?

by Anonymousreply 50503/20/2011

Please don't answer r505's question. Some of us don't want the rest of the season to be spoiled for us.

by Anonymousreply 50603/20/2011

They are allowed to bring five suit cases each. They each get their own hotel room (unlike Project Runway where they share hotel suites. They bring their own clothes and wigs and shoes etc. They apply on their own makeup which they bring from home but is also supplied by one of the sponsors. Many of the challenges include making an outfit of sorts so fabrics, sewing machines are supplied. Pandora said she made all the outfits that she wore on the show. At times Ru will mention which company provided shoes or fabric or wigs for the challenge. The contestants are also known to borrow from each other (with permission of course).

by Anonymousreply 50703/20/2011

I just watched a re-run of the casting show and Ru said a performer by the name of "Venus D-Lite" was going to be one the contestants. She was found at the open call along with Delta. Well, what happened to her? I don't recall ever seeing her on the show.

by Anonymousreply 50803/20/2011

Venus D-Lite was the plastic surgery victim Madonna imitator who was eliminated the first show after physically attacking the other loser during the lip synch for your life.

by Anonymousreply 50903/20/2011

Venus was first to be eliminated (in the Xmas episode).

by Anonymousreply 51003/20/2011

"And you must have missed the part where Raja and her porky compatriot communicated like two high shool mean girls."%0D %0D The Heathers/Mean Girls mashup is insanely lame and corny. It makes me embarrassed for them, especially Carmen, who clearly had no idea what Delta and Raja's old asses were talking about half the time.

by Anonymousreply 51103/21/2011

Carmen is the least intelligent contestant ever. I cringe every time she describes her look as "fishy". I'm not the troll who pastes all that obnoxious shit about stopping the violence but I really thought we were beyond referring to women as "fish".

Do you think she's too stupid to understand the reference?

by Anonymousreply 51203/21/2011

"Fishy" is pretty standard drag argot for real-looking. Yes, it's crass, but it's considered a compliment to call someone that.

by Anonymousreply 51403/21/2011

Is there a screencap of Carmen's husband online? I had assumed he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 51503/21/2011

"Do you think she's too stupid to understand the reference?"%0D %0D Actually, yeah. I think Carmen is too stupid to understand much of what happens in the world. This queen is very, very dumb. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 51603/21/2011

[quote]On the casting show, they showed Carmen's ugly boyfriend, who has a child.

I dont get how guys can be with guys who have kids with a woman. It is so icky to me.

by Anonymousreply 51703/21/2011

That dollar store fabric ,off the shoulder mess Shangela was wearing tonight proves once and for all that She is pure Ghetto Trash.

by Anonymousreply 51803/21/2011

I agree that Shangela looked tore off. But she makes me watch.

by Anonymousreply 51903/22/2011

Yara's body is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 52003/22/2011

Honestly, I didn't like Shangela's lip-sync. She just does way too much.

by Anonymousreply 52103/22/2011

Manila is funny. I loved that she had a matching fan for her disco outfit on Untucked.

I think Shangela and Raja will be having the same fight with each other 20 years from now, about the same shit. And it will be just as entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 52203/22/2011

And you just KNOW the finale will come down to Raja and Shangela.

Like Ru doesn't know the history between those two.... come on, every gay in West Hollywood knows that story.

by Anonymousreply 52303/22/2011

Do tell, r523

[quote]hat dollar store fabric ,off the shoulder mess Shangela was wearing tonight proves once and for all that She is pure Ghetto Trash.

See, I thought that was the character of Shangela. Just like Ru's is "Super Model."

by Anonymousreply 52403/22/2011

That music producer was really cute. I don't blame Alexis for being distracted!

by Anonymousreply 52503/22/2011

"And you just KNOW the finale will come down to Raja and Shangela.%0D %0D %0D Like Ru doesn't know the history between those two.... come on, every gay in West Hollywood knows that story."%0D %0D %0D R523, I don't live in West Hollywood and I don't know that story. Please enlighten us.%0D

by Anonymousreply 52603/22/2011

I love how Raja, with her typical lack of a shred of self-awareness, snarked that the other three were off talking about nothing important, and then proceeded to spend her time bashing them.

by Anonymousreply 52703/22/2011

RAJA Rules!

by Anonymousreply 52803/22/2011

Carmen Electra was sure drunk last night. And why was Michelle Visage showing her titties? Nobody wants to see that.

by Anonymousreply 52903/22/2011

Michelle just wants to get her money's worth, r529.

by Anonymousreply 53003/22/2011

Visage was comparing her real boobs with the queens' fake ta-tas.

by Anonymousreply 53103/22/2011

[quote]Visage was comparing her real boobs with the queens' fake ta-tas.

Specifically, Alexis's strap-on breasts for her hip-hop costume.

by Anonymousreply 53203/22/2011

Didn't Alexis say she got them from India? Didn't the judges hate them on her as well? Duh!

by Anonymousreply 53303/22/2011

I just do not get all the talk on Untucked about Carmen being "pretty." She can paint well, but since when were a long face, weak chin, and hooked nose "pretty?" Don't think she's cute as a girl or a boy.

by Anonymousreply 53403/22/2011

I think Carmen is cute as a boy, but she definitely phoned in her 'lip synch for your life' performance.

by Anonymousreply 53503/22/2011

I think Alexis won those titties.

Carmen sure does love to constantly remind us that she has a husband.

by Anonymousreply 53603/22/2011

So who got voted off last night? I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 53703/22/2011

R537

Carmen

by Anonymousreply 53803/22/2011

Alexis mentioned Carmen's "hooked witch's nose" last night on Untucked.

They really should give an Emmy to the editor of Untucked. The way he edits together the comments and facial reactions is priceless. Last night was especially brilliant.

Manila was gunning for Carmen last night.

by Anonymousreply 53903/22/2011

Carmen is dumb as a box of hair & not even pretty.

by Anonymousreply 54003/22/2011

Tatiana from last season was far prettier than Carmen. I'm still pulling for Manila, even though I'm certain she won't win. I just like her.

by Anonymousreply 54103/22/2011

I'm so sick of HIDEOUS Alexis. Horrible looking in and out of drag. That "hip hop" look was a real train wreck. She's not cute, not interesting, not smart, not clever and looks a mess always. Wish she'd go away forever.

by Anonymousreply 54203/23/2011

Will it really be as fun now that Carmen is gone?

by Anonymousreply 54303/23/2011

R542 = Carmen

by Anonymousreply 54403/23/2011

Next to go should be Alexis. I was very impressed with Yara - I guess they held off on this so Carmen could be the pretty almost naked one.

Like others, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Alexis' comment about Carmen's witch nose.

And Shangela is full of shit about the silicone enhanced body. If Carmen had the money for shit like that, she would have better clothes and a nosejob.

Back to blowjobs after the last set for Ms. Carrera. RIP

by Anonymousreply 54503/23/2011

Alexis is trash. No Style, no taste, no sophistication, wit humour...nothing. Please boot her and her hip-hop mess next.

by Anonymousreply 54603/23/2011

R518, is Shangela ghetto trash? I'm not sure, because you've only said she is ghetto trash about 300 times in this thread. It's a very creative insult by the way.

by Anonymousreply 54703/23/2011

Shangela might be a bitch on wheels but she is more entertaining than most of the queens on the show which is why they brought her back.

by Anonymousreply 54803/23/2011

might be?

by Anonymousreply 54903/23/2011

[quote]mimi imfurst

First to go, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 55003/23/2011

STFU - first to go?

by Anonymousreply 55103/23/2011

By your reasoning, r502, Raja shouldn't win- he looks like a guy in drag. He would never pass as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 55203/23/2011

I am just watching out of habit ... not loving or rooting for any of the people left. None of the contestants this year really won me over.

Feh.

by Anonymousreply 55303/23/2011

I'm with R553. The challenges and judges are fun but I'm not rooting for anyone in particular. But I am rooting against Shangela. She just drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 55403/23/2011

I know what you mean, there really isn't anyone to root for this season. But I did root against a few people, mainly the "Heathers." I know Yara is a fan favorite, but she's starting to annoy me, sorry to say.

by Anonymousreply 55503/23/2011

Untucked is so amusing. Drag Race exists so I know what they're talking about in the Interior Illusions Lounge. Even that name is amusing. The best thing about Drag Race is RuPaul and her comments, every one of which includes some gay culture reference.

by Anonymousreply 55603/23/2011

How can Yara annoy anyone? She's the only one with an ounce of sweetness on that entire set.%0D %0D Notice how she was the only one that the cunty music producer with the tintin hair didn't directly insult? That says something.%0D %0D Shangela really served it up on that final lip synch. First time I've been impressed with her on this show. And she's ridiculous to accuse Carmen of plastic surgery, that's ridiculous. What's plastic about that no-toned relatively thin hairless body? There's nothing impressive happening there.%0D %0D And Shangela is equally ridiculous to go on and on about people being negative and how it has to stop. She's clearly the one to get that dialogue going.

by Anonymousreply 55703/23/2011

Carmen's body looks like a loose rubber band. I can't imagine what surgery Shangela thinks she's had; whatever it was supposed to accomplish clearly missed the mark.

by Anonymousreply 55803/23/2011

I like Alexis and Yara, the rest bore me.. I also like the pit models, they are hot! And very hung from the looks of things.

by Anonymousreply 55903/23/2011

Raja wins and deserved to. There ya go.

by Anonymousreply 56003/23/2011

R553 here. I agree. Raja should win but it's king of like most presidential elections. Winning is nice ... but was there any real competition? A vote FOR someone is most likely a vote AGAINST the other contenders.

by Anonymousreply 56103/23/2011

Raja out of drag turns me on.%0D %0D More interesting IN drag, though.

by Anonymousreply 56203/23/2011

Shangela at least has stage presence. It's a shame she doesn't have better make-up and clothing.%0D %0D Raja and that monotone voice and lack of onstage personality really bug me. She's a great costumer and a great clothes hangar. %0D %0D But if I were going to see a show hosted by one of these contestants (and let's face it, that's basically what these girls have in their future) I think Shangela would be the most entertaining and the quickest wit. Raja would just be one great outfit after the next but nothing else.%0D %0D It's a shame you can't combine those two.

by Anonymousreply 56303/23/2011

[quote]It's a shame you can't combine those two.

I think theyve already been combined, and semen was exchanged.

by Anonymousreply 56403/23/2011

Yeah, we get that Raja wins. No one really cares, because he's boring. He's boring out of drag. He's boring in his little heels. He's boring. There's no there there.

by Anonymousreply 56503/23/2011

*There's no there there.*

You clearly aren't able to make value judgements regarding talent, style or taste...do you live in a trailer dear? Some sort of backwater hovel perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 56603/23/2011

Hi Raja/r566!

Bitch, you are boring. And cross-eyed. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 56703/23/2011

Raja is VISUALLY interesting. Will give him that. But vocally and personality wise - there's just not much going on. %0D %0D Much like Tyra of last year.

by Anonymousreply 56803/23/2011

Excuse me while I retire to the Interior Illusions Lounge. There's an Absolut specialty cocktail just waiting for me.

by Anonymousreply 56903/23/2011

You fail, R567.

by Anonymousreply 57003/23/2011

Bring back... my girls!

by Anonymousreply 57103/23/2011

lol

by Anonymousreply 57203/23/2011

My funniest moment of the season so far:

RuPaul: And now it's time to lip synch (with bulging eyes) PARA SU VIDA!

by Anonymousreply 57303/24/2011

That was beautiful, R573. I was just thinking of that a few days ago. And it was the best moment of the entire season. %0D %0D I don't think Shangela's witty at all. Like I said before, the only thing she's got going for her is energy. If some of those other girls had stepped it up in that department she would have been eliminated a long time ago.%0D

by Anonymousreply 57403/24/2011

I love the show and Untucked but I have to say this season's contestants have left me cold. If it weren't for the editing creating campy drama and tears, I would not still be watching.

by Anonymousreply 57503/24/2011

I shudder to think what a catastrophic bore this season would've been with no Shangela. I think she was brought in as a ringer when they got a load of the bores they'd cast. Can you imagine this season with no Shangela? Carmen being "pretty," Raja being a robot? Ick.

by Anonymousreply 57603/24/2011

This season would have been a lot better had they kept either SLM or Delta until the end. Those 2 big bitches brought it.

by Anonymousreply 57703/24/2011

I agree about Stacy L. Matthews r577. I wish she would've lasted longer.

by Anonymousreply 57803/24/2011

Who wants to see fat people in drag? There's enough lookalikes at Walmart on a Saturday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 57903/25/2011

Can someone from West Hollywood explain the Shangela / Raja past to us who are not in the know? It will certainly help us enjoy the next few episodes with the backstory. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 58003/25/2011

Raja styled Shangela for the reunion show and Shangela ruined the clothes and didn't genuflect for the stupid ass ear of corn bracelet that Shangela wore for that special.

To Raja's credit, Shangela looked fantastic. Raja did an outstanding job on the make-up, hair, costuming and continuity.

by Anonymousreply 58103/25/2011

Raja has style...and...well, that's it. She's a big zero in the wit, warmth and charm departments. I can't imagine anyone going to a club to watch her do runway.

by Anonymousreply 58203/25/2011

17 more comments and then this thread is full.

by Anonymousreply 58303/25/2011

[quote]Raja has style...and...well, that's it. She's a big zero in the wit, warmth and charm departments. I can't imagine anyone going to a club to watch her do runway.

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 58403/25/2011

The reunion is going to be the best show of the season with the Heathers vs. the Boogers. I want to see SLM and Delta go at it. Shangela and Raja will probably come to blows.

by Anonymousreply 58503/25/2011

[quote]This season would have been a lot better had they kept either SLM or Delta until the end. Those 2 big bitches brought it.%0D %0D Exactly! The show is a snooze fest now. They are desperately attempting to manufacture some humor and/or drama but it is a colossol failure without the big girls. And the challenges are so unimaginative.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 58603/25/2011

I wanted to see SLM or Delta play musical chairs last week. They would have sat on those skinny bitches.

by Anonymousreply 58703/25/2011

Sorry, but BOTH fat queens couldn't handle the competition. How soon we forget.%0D %0D And R580, if you read this thread, you'll get the whole backstory over and over between Raja/Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 58803/25/2011

These must be the weakest challenges on any competitive reality tv show. You only really get to see the performers shine during the lip sync at the end of the show. I miss the heavy girls and the drama.

by Anonymousreply 58903/25/2011

[quote]BOTH fat queens %0D %0D Don't forget fatty number 3 Mimi Imfurst who screwed herself over by picking that dreadful India queen up during the Lipsync. If she hadn't done that she might not have been eliminated so early. She really brought the crazy and was great TV so I was sorry to see her go so soon.

by Anonymousreply 59003/25/2011

good point, I already forgot about Mimi. Man was she a mess.

by Anonymousreply 59103/25/2011

Having them compete in a game of musical chairs was the low point of any season. What's next? A game of hot potato?

by Anonymousreply 59203/25/2011

My vote is for Manilla although Jara is the best. If her English was just a little better she would have been able to really give a show. Way prettier than Carmen. But Manilla has it all. She can do glamor, and she can do funny, and she can do the lip-sync thing. AND she is not a beautiful black drag queen. No way Ru will go for another black drag queen after all the criticism of the last two seasons that she was voting for herself.

by Anonymousreply 59303/25/2011

One more thing. My bet is Raja is a blast after a few drinks. He is staying off the Vodka while the film. he is too smart to give up control while the camera is filming. Besides, Raja is not about being a drag queen, he is all about being a gender bender and I am not sure it's the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 59403/25/2011

I agree about Raja being more of a gender bender than a true drag queen. It's no coincidence that Adam Lambert is a good friend of his.

by Anonymousreply 59503/25/2011

Raja isn't black either, R593. He's Indonesian.

by Anonymousreply 59603/25/2011

A lot of their clothes and wigs are already put together before the challenges, so they dont have to compete for resources most of the time. I think that would make the competition even more messy, creating that stuff in front of the camera.

Shangela totally played Carmen. I think the only person who cant outsmart him is Raja, which why Shangela hates his guts.

by Anonymousreply 59703/25/2011

IMHO, Raja is the most interesting. The african zulu masai princess warrior was brilliant, and avoided becoming minstrel.

Manilla does the most "drag" than the others. In spite of her snark, I like her. I understand that she doesn't win, but I thought she was the best of the bunch.

As much as I like Raja aesthetically, he (and I make a point of not saying she) has always been a guy dressing up in interesting costumes. There was no illusion.

For me, Manilla had the right amount of over the top and style. But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 59803/25/2011

One comment left!

by Anonymousreply 59903/25/2011

Done!

by Anonymousreply 60003/25/2011
Need more help? Click Here.