Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Newark Mayor (and Gayle best friend) Cory Booker explains why he''s single

"I'm so pyscho-busy, my days don't finish until really late." - Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker, explaining why he's single. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9909/27/2013

How you doin', Cory?

by Anonymousreply 101/23/2011

He's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 401/23/2011

[quote]{quote] %0D %0D Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 1001/23/2011

a political friend in a position to know, offered that he is in a recent discussion about why he doesn't appear to have aspirations for higher office, more national visibility. She said it would be a problem for him.

by Anonymousreply 1101/23/2011

I think he's totally hot. How did he and Gayle meet? Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 1201/23/2011

Gayle's best friend is a euphemism for gay.

by Anonymousreply 1401/23/2011

Which stylist grooms Gayle's beard?

by Anonymousreply 1601/23/2011

[quote]"When Cory for ran against"

It looks like the majority of these posts ARE from Jersey.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1701/23/2011

I get Cory mixed up with hot DC Mayor Fenty. They should both hook up and rub their shiny heads together!

by Anonymousreply 1801/23/2011

Not sure about Booker. McGreevy? Oy. Vey. Did coke at a gay bar in NYC when he was the mayor of Woodbridge. I know the bartender who worked there. Told me McGreevy finally was banned from the place. Total piece of shit, and corrupt as the day is long. The "gay life" was just a cover for him to resign. The truth is that things were getting too close with respect to questions about contracts in NJ. Btw, McGreevy was physically abused as a child. Neighbors would hear the father beating the son. Dad? Ex-Marine and heavy drinker.

by Anonymousreply 1901/23/2011

If he married a blonde, his children could easily pass for white. I'm just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 2101/23/2011

R6 and R15, no I absoulutely do not have it reversed.%0D %0D Apparently you never heard the story about the time Sharpe's car broke down while going through Branch Brook Park, and him having some twink with him.

by Anonymousreply 2301/23/2011

I get a gay vibe from him. But I cannot believe he never had a single affair!

by Anonymousreply 2501/24/2011

It doesn't matter to me if he's gay or not as a straight man I'm for equality for everyone but if he's hiding behind women to hide his true self then I wouldn't vote for him because a lie is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 2603/09/2012

Yes but one can definitely understand his situation if he is indeed dating a white woman r26.

by Anonymousreply 2703/09/2012

A week ago today a house Cory owns in Newark burned. A TV report attributed it to squatters.

by Anonymousreply 3003/09/2012

Has he stated his position on gay Garden State marriage?

by Anonymousreply 3103/09/2012

Whatever sex life he has is out of Essex County. Cory lives in a two-family house on a main street in the South Ward, everyone knows when he leaves and arrives. It's like priests, sexual activity is never done in their diocese. Wouldn't want to embarrass the Bish.

by Anonymousreply 3203/09/2012

The guy is gay. He is on the soft DL to accommodate his political career.

Yes, it really is that simple.

by Anonymousreply 3303/09/2012

He is hot and smart and committed to hopeless causes, of course he is gay. We flirted a lot with each other back in the day at Stanford, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2012

Why in the world would he want to be mnarried? He has a great life. He probably has little time and less time or tolerance to be nagged about "not being home enough." So now we think everyone needs to have all the hassles of married life. Please. Is this still DL or have we turned into iVillage?

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2012

r36 nailed it. Quite well. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2012

For what it's worth, I have a friend who worked on his election campaign a few years back, and he says with confidence that Booker is gay. Much of his constituency is anti-gay, so he really can't come out.

by Anonymousreply 3803/09/2012

Hope he's gay. Think he's totally HOT.

by Anonymousreply 3903/09/2012

Don't know if he's gay or straight but CB is gay friendly and pro gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4003/09/2012

Don't remember who said it, but one commentator said he believes in gay marriage because we should be as miserable as straights.

by Anonymousreply 4103/09/2012

[quote]Don't remember who said it, but one commentator said he believes in gay marriage because we should be as miserable as straights.

Kinky Friedman said that when he was running for Governor of Texas.

Fun factoid: Booker and Rachel Maddow were friends at Standford and later on at Oxford where they were both Rhodes Scholars.

by Anonymousreply 4203/09/2012

He has the biggest booty of any politican I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2012

Never thought he was gay until I heard after this fire story that he was dating/BFFs with Gayle King. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4404/13/2012

He saved his neighbor from a fire yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 4504/13/2012

Cory Booker is always busy? Okay, fine--but that's now. He hasn't always been mayor. Has he always been "psycho-busy" his whole life?

I'd venture to guess that most mayors are married.

by Anonymousreply 4604/13/2012

TV reports say Cory discovered the fire returning home with his "security detail." One of them was interviewed. Where were they returing from? Jim McGreevey's detail drove him to turnpike rest stops and waited until he was finished doing the nasty.

by Anonymousreply 4704/13/2012

Dont start r47. The man is a hero, if he already wasn't one. He can do what he wants with his spare time, he has no one to answer to.

by Anonymousreply 4804/13/2012

Not to be outdone by Cory Booker, Chris Christie just ran into a bakery and saved a tray of cinnamon rolls from burning.

by Anonymousreply 4904/13/2012

[quote]He has the biggest booty of any politican I've seen

Pics please

by Anonymousreply 5104/13/2012

r34 and r50, you can't make posts like that without giving more details!

by Anonymousreply 5204/13/2012

Do you think he masturbates?

by Anonymousreply 5304/13/2012

r53, I can't imagine him masturbating or having sex. No wonder he is such good friends with Oprah and Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 5404/13/2012

I think he is gay!

by Anonymousreply 5504/14/2012

I have read that Jesse Jackson is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 5604/14/2012

He has to be gay. And I'm not one to call everybody gay. But this guy is definitely one of the children.

by Anonymousreply 5704/14/2012

lol r57. Why does he have to be "one of the children"? Maybe he's asexual...

by Anonymousreply 5804/14/2012

Someone in the city project high-rise where Cory lived before moving into the South Ward would know who entered and left his apartment at all hours, but they're not telling.

by Anonymousreply 5904/14/2012

He's just a Mayor. I was a Governer.

by Anonymousreply 6004/14/2012

He has a hot male bodyguard like most str8 politicians.

by Anonymousreply 6104/14/2012

He and Adrian Fenty would make a hot couple.

by Anonymousreply 6304/14/2012

Sorry I'm not buying the white women preference thing because it doesn't mesh with a number of studies/polling data showing that around 90% of blacks approve of interracial relationships. And around 60% of blacks have been in an interracial relationship. Also he wouldn't be the first black politician with that preference to be elected to public office. If he had a white woman preference he could easily marry a black woman and have a white mistress. It's not like he's running for president. This man is gay.

by Anonymousreply 6504/14/2012

Is "friend of Gayle" a new slang term which means the same thing that "friend of Dorothy" used to?

by Anonymousreply 6604/15/2012

Yeah I vaguely recall reading about him on one of the black sites (lipstick alley?). The rumor was that he was having an affair with the white wife of some white politician - something like that anyway. I think he likes the pussy swirl.

by Anonymousreply 6704/18/2012

I'm willing to bet he dates white women. If he were gay, the black northern NJ politicians would have outed him by now. He's a well-educated, Kennedy-connected outsider, and he can't be bought. They hate him. Those old ladies in the projects who were his neighbors had his back and wouldn't let the politicians' lackeys sabotage him.

by Anonymousreply 6804/18/2012

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of Sharpe James? James did attempt to "out" Booker. He started whisper campaigns about Booker being gay and he still lost. And if he suspected that Corey was dating white women he would have started rumors about that too if he thought it would help him win. James threw everything but the kitchen sink at Booker and still lost.

by Anonymousreply 6904/18/2012

R50, same here. Other NJ Dem politicians know and say that's unfortunately what limits his aspirations for higher office. And he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 7104/18/2012

I do believe that CB is gay, Oprah & Gayle are more than just friends if you know what I mean (wink)!

by Anonymousreply 7207/22/2012

Everyone that's followed Sharpe James knows about his boy toys also!!

by Anonymousreply 7307/22/2012

[quote]FWIW, I was one of the people here who wondered if McGreevey was gay months before his "gay American" speech.

What was DL response when you said that? Was McGreevey talked about as being gay on DL before he came out?

by Anonymousreply 7407/22/2012

This thread is making me giggle. I worked in Newark for 35 years as a municipal employee. EVERYONE knew that Sharpe James was on the down low. Even back in the day when he was a phys ed teacher, before public office. Life long wife, family, and paid lady friend notwithstanding. As for him flinging gay charges against Booker, it takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 7507/22/2012

Yes, Cory is gay. I salute him for not following the McGreevy model of marrying two women and having two children just for appearances and to facilitate his political career. Women don't want to be the object of such devastating deception. I believe that Cory will run for governor and I think he could win. But he should come out before his opponent (whomever that will be) outs him. We don't need another scandal in NJ. Plus, I hope that the people of this state are sophisticated and modern enough not to refuse to vote for a candidate just because he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 7811/18/2012

He is a fruit. Plain and simple he packs fudge.

by Anonymousreply 7912/21/2012

Cory Booker: Gold Medalist in the Pronoun Olympics

by Anonymousreply 8012/21/2012

As a former Newarker retired in Ft. Lauderdale, I can only applaude Mr. Booker's sincere efforts to try to save what's left of this once vibrant but now improving city. His predecessors (Mayors Carlin, Addonizio, Gibson, James) were mainly thieves who ran the city further down and this man exhibits a positive approach and a difficult task. Why then, must you people worry about and pry into his sexual orientation and habits? Are you so pathetic that you need to fantasize about someone who is impressive and a strong figure yet out of your reach? Perhaps you should just buy a steamy novel, large vibrator and economy pack of D batteries and leave the man alone to do his job.

by Anonymousreply 8112/27/2012

Don't be an ass r81...why can't he be applauded for his efforts and be the subject of speculation about his sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 8212/27/2012

His got a Santa belly. Yech.

by Anonymousreply 8312/27/2012

Excuse me, but isn't the position of "Gayle's best friend" taken?

by Anonymousreply 8412/27/2012

[quote]Standford

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8512/27/2012

he's gay. Ask Barbra Steisand

by Anonymousreply 8612/29/2012

It has to be about a preference for white women. Cory is smart enough to know his own people just would not approve.

It still is deeply upsetting to many, though you will not hear anyone admit it. It is not even related to the racism issue, it is because there are too many single heterosexual black women and not enough eligible, successful, heterosexual men of color (who don't have children).

by Anonymousreply 8712/29/2012

He's good friends with Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 8812/29/2012

Please the man is a bawlding pudge.

by Anonymousreply 8912/30/2012

So how does he get sexual satisfaction?

Nobody has seen him dating anyone?

Maybe he just does not like sex.

by Anonymousreply 9012/30/2012

He's straight. Here is he describing what he's looking for in a woman

by Anonymousreply 9312/30/2012

Cory Booker: "Pointing the finger at gays"

By Op Ed January 9, 2013

Editor’s Note: Every Wednesday, The Stanford Daily will publish an interesting opinions piece from The Daily’s archives.

Cory Booker ’91 M.A. ’92 is currently the Mayor of Newark, N.J. While at Stanford, he was a columnist for The Stanford Daily.

This article was published in Volume 201, Number 33 of The Stanford Daily on Wednesday, April 8, 1992.

I was in my tolerance stage of the “I don’t give a damn if someone is gay, just as long as they don’t bother me” stage. I was well trained in my tolerance. I stopped telling my gay jokes. Fags, flamers and dykes became homosexuals and people of differing sexual orientation and, of course, I had my gay friend.

Yet, while I was highly adroit at maintaining an air of acceptance, I couldn’t betray my feelings. I was disgusted by gays. The thought of two men kissing each other was about as appealing as a frontal lobotomy.

Allow me to be more direct, escaping the euphemisms of my past – I hated gays. The disgust and latent hostility I felt toward gays were subcategories of hatred, plain and simple.

While hate is a four-letter word I never would have admitted to, the sentiment clandestinely pervaded my every interaction with homosexuals. I sheepishly shook hands with gays or completely shied away from physical contact. I still remember how my brow would often unconsciously furrow when I was with gays as thoughts would flash in my mind, “What sinners I am amongst” or “How unnatural these people are.”

It takes too much energy to hate. Daniel Bao showed me that. He was our gay counselor at The Bridge when I was a freshman. A beautiful man whose eloquent and poignant truths began to move me past tolerance.

I still remember our first real conversation about homosexuality. I had no intention of listening to him; I only sought to argue and debate. Daniel, however, quickly disarmed me with his personal testimony. Oh, if only I could recount to you the entire conversation. He told me of people who religiously prayed to God to help them become straight. He told me of the years of denial and the pain of always feeling different.

And he told me of the violence – violence from strangers and family, horrible images of beatings, destruction of property and the daily verbal condemnations.

It was chilling to find that so much of the testimony he shared with me was almost identical to stories my grandparents told me about growing up Black. People found it revolting to share a meal with them and often felt it to be their duty to beat them so that they would learn proper living.

Well, it didn’t take me long to realize that the root of my hatred did not lie with gays but with myself. It was my problem. A problem I dealt with my ceasing to tolerate gays and instead seeking to embrace them.

In these efforts I have found another community with which I feel akin and from which I draw strength. The gay people with whom I am close are some of the strongest, most passionate and caring people I know and their demands for jus

tice are no less imperative than those of any other community.

I sometimes pray for the patience that Daniel so artfully maintained with me when I fired questions and condemnations at him – because, in recent years, I have grown increasingly angry at the hypocrisy that surrounds me.

But again, I will never point a finger when the finger is best pointed at me. Alas, occasionally I still find myself acting defensive if someone thinks I am gay or sometimes I remain silent when others slam and slander. These realizations hurt me deeply. I must continue to struggle for personal justice. This is my most important endeavor.

by Anonymousreply 9401/10/2013

I, like several people here, feel it doesn't matter if he is gay. He's still a great mayor and politician. However, if the question is simply 'Is he gay?' then I have this to say: We gay people seem to blessed (or cursed) with incredible gay-dar. People have told me that my is exceptionally honed, and the needle is far as it can go to the gay side here. That being said, he may or not be gay; it doesn't matter. I'm rarely wrong, though. You go Cory! (whoever you are).

by Anonymousreply 9501/13/2013

He likes Barbra Streisands son.

by Anonymousreply 9608/24/2013

He's come out!!!

by Anonymousreply 9708/31/2013

Looks like he's straight now.

by Anonymousreply 9909/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.