Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jon Knight of NKOTBSB - is he out?

Or did Tiffany just out him?

by Deborah Greply 4904/26/2013

I don't think he was out but he mentions Trevor Project on his twitter alot and he also mentioned Tiffany.%0D %0D [quote]@tiffanytunes Tiff, please don't lose any sleep over it! I know you weren't being mean and I found it to be funny!

by Deborah Greply 101/22/2011

The National ENQUIRER outed him, but he never release a statement one way or the other..

When he had that small twitter war with P Hilton, Perez used his advantage and made fun of him being in the closet and that shut him up.

by Deborah Greply 201/22/2011

So Jon is gay? Is Jordann gay as well?

by Deborah Greply 301/23/2011

I think he was quietly out but since NKOTB's popularity had faded, no one really cared. It was only a year or two ago when the National Enquirer was going to run a story from an ex-boyfriend that he publicly came out.

by Deborah Greply 401/23/2011

bump

by Deborah Greply 501/23/2011

As part of the hit Eighties band New Kids On The Block Jonathan Knight's poster was on a thousand teenage walls.

Now, with his band back together after 14 years, he has come forward to confirm rumours that he is gay.

The 39-year-old, the only member of the band not to marry or have children, made the revelation on a message board.

'I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay!,' he wrote. Jonathan Knight

'Apparently the pre-requisite to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption "I am gay".

'I apologise for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine!'

Knight continued by saying that there should never have been any confusion about his sexuality.

'If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn't even know me!' he said.

His comments came in response to an interview in which former Eighties pop star Tiffany, who dated Knight at the height of their fame, talked about his sexual preferences.

'Jonathan Knight, the quiet one, the shy one. He became gay later,' she said.

When the interviewer asked if she thought she had 'turned' him gay, Tiffany replied: 'I had issues with that, I was thinking maybe I did.

'But now looking back when we were dating he was so much fun we used to do facials together... he was so easy to talk to and he was fabulous.'

On realising that Knight had not talked publicly about his sexual preferences she apologised profusely on her Twitter feed.

But Knight was quick to reassure her not to worry, adding that her comments had made him laugh.

'Tiff, please don't lose any sleep over it!' he responded. 'I know you weren't being mean and I found it to be funny!'

by Deborah Greply 601/31/2011

What is it with these cunts who think they have breaking news with a link to a story from 10 days ago? There was a thread 10 days ago when the story came out, and another 2 days ago when Jon responded.

by Deborah Greply 701/31/2011

How severe is the social anxiety problem this guy has?

This week I saw NKOTB interviewed on The View and Watch What Happens Live, and Jonathan never said a word during either of those segments. I'm assuming the interviewers knew not to direct any questions to him, because they didn't

I saw them on the Today Show too, but I only saw them singing and didn't catch the interview. But I'm guessing he didn't talk during that one either.

Now he walked out in the middle of one of their performances yesterday?

Is he really that crippled by attention?

by Deborah Greply 804/05/2013

When did Tiffany become such a fat sow?

by Deborah Greply 904/05/2013

Yes, Jon's social phobia is severe.

by Deborah Greply 1004/05/2013

He seems like a prick on twitter. Just scrolled it earlier.

by Deborah Greply 1104/05/2013

How so, R11?

by Deborah Greply 1204/05/2013

r7 Well, cunt, seeing as the search function on this site hasn't worked for years, you will just have to be a little more forgiving that the 24 hours a day you spend on Datalounge is occasionally redundant.

by Deborah Greply 1304/05/2013

R8 If he doesn't like the attention, why doesn't he just call it a day? It's not like he doesn't have enough money already.

R11 I agree. Anytime I've read his twitter, he seems like a real asshole for no reason and acts like a bitchy high school girl.

by Deborah Greply 1404/05/2013

Is it 1988 again? Who cares?

by Deborah Greply 1704/05/2013

[R14] I can't speak for him, but most people with a disorder probably make some attempt to overcome it and strive to find a sense of freedom in their lives. Having wealth makes avoidance easier, but I imagine even wealthy people dream of being "normal" and make attempts to battle things.

Social phobia/social anxiety disorder has nothing to do with "liking" attention or not. The attention causes one to become ill. It's a dysfunction that makes everyday life difficult. If I got sick every time I stepped out my front door, I could "choose" to never leave my house, but I would probably still try- especially if I knew it was irrational and I could work at it.

by Deborah Greply 1804/05/2013

if you have social anxiety, don't be in the spotlight...duh!

by Deborah Greply 1904/05/2013

Jonathan is more attractive than his brother now, but Joey McIntyre has aged well too.

by Deborah Greply 2004/05/2013

[quote]if you have social anxiety, don't be in the spotlight...duh!

Exactly. He's already got tons of money, so if he's so damn scared of being in front of an audience, GTFO of showbusiness.

Plus, like others have said, he seems like a real prick on twitter, so it's hard to feel sorry for a prick.

by Deborah Greply 2104/05/2013

What happened to Tommy Page?

He's gay too, isn't he?

I wonder if he and Jonathan ever hooked up.

by Deborah Greply 2204/05/2013

I guess JC is never coming out. Looks like 98 Degrees is one of the few boy bands without a gay member. Whose the gay one in Backstreet Boys? Howie D?

by Deborah Greply 2304/05/2013

I have social anxiety. Can't speak at meetings or god forbid a class, but I love to be onstage. I could never accept an award if I ever won one (it will never happen).

I would try out for Survivor in a heartbeat, but the tribal councils would kill me, let alone make it to the end and have to defend my position.

Or give a toast.

by Deborah Greply 2404/05/2013

"Can't speak at meetings or god forbid a class, but I love to be onstage."

Bizarre.

by Deborah Greply 2504/05/2013

What has he posted on Twitter that sounds prickish. All I ever see are posts about NKOTB's music and tour or Jon's personal life.

by Deborah Greply 2604/05/2013

[quote]Whose the gay one in Backstreet Boys? Howie D?

Well, he's married with kids (not that that means a thing), but back in the day I could've sworn he was gay. I'd hoped it was Kevin, but Howie always pinged to me.

by Deborah Greply 2704/05/2013

According to Wikipedia . . .

"In a January 2011 interview, singer Tiffany stated that Knight is gay, which Knight then confirmed, saying 'I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay.'"

by Deborah Greply 2804/05/2013

They call each other by adult names now like Jon, Dan, Joe, and Don. Jon was on Oprah's show about 8-10 years ago. His social anxiety was very severe then. He was shaking and crying. It was quiet a sight. I think it ALL has to do with him hiding his homosexuality. The group formed when they were young, during their formative years. Once you develop a behavior in those years it's difficult to lose it. He's actually a lot better today.

by Deborah Greply 2904/05/2013

I guess I don't understand why he would agree to go on a tour if the anxiety can be so debilitating. They could have reunited without him like Backstreet Boys did (for a while).

Obviously they aren't expecting him to talk during interviews (since he didn't for any of them this week). But if the guy can't even handle lip synching his background vocals and dancing on stage with the rest of them, then it seems obvious he's gotta sit this one out.

by Deborah Greply 3004/06/2013

There was an episode of True Life on MTV called "I Panic" and one guy had really bad, debilitating anxiety and couldn't drive over into Jersey or Brooklyn (I don't know NY) anyhow he became friends with Jon and/or Jordan who also suffered from it and they seemed really cool. He finally was able to drive into where ever and meet up with them. He was gay also.

by Deborah Greply 3104/06/2013

R30 Exactly. He won't say a word in interviews, and he's scared to be on stage even though everyone else does all the work, so why is he even there? He sure is lucky to be making all that money considering he really doesn't do much.

by Deborah Greply 3204/06/2013

Am I the only one who finds it unbelievable that they regrouped?

by Deborah Greply 3304/06/2013

Poor Jon, I feel for him. He should talk to Donny Osmond who suffered from the same anxiety for a long time. He got therapy and is doing so much better.

by Deborah Greply 3404/06/2013

Donny Osmond will suggest he try conversion therapy.

by Deborah Greply 3504/06/2013

I thought maybe he would have another twitter comment or explanation about walking out during the show, but so far there has only been that initial "I'm sorry" that he posted right away.

The recent posts since then have been about him enjoying a Napa winery trip with his friends. So apparently he's fine so long as he's not on stage and doesn't have to talk to anybody that he doesn't want to talk to.

by Deborah Greply 3604/07/2013

Have the New Kids had to cancel anything now because Jon can't perform?

Are they going to go forward without him?

by Deborah Greply 3704/10/2013

I had no idea who Colton Haynes was before coming to DL. Now that I've watched some episodes of "Teen Wolf" I've concluded that the interest in him here far outstrips his charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. And his beauty. You would think someone who could max-out more than 3 threads would be the next Tom Cruise. Colton is NOT.

I think his gay publicist has kept this ball rolling at DL. No other reasonable explanation for it.

by Deborah Greply 3804/10/2013

I wonder if he and Joey fucked in 1989.

by Deborah Greply 3904/10/2013

[quote]Am I the only one who finds it unbelievable that they regrouped?

Why is it any surprise? The middle-age fraus are still standing in the audience screeching at every song as if they're still young girls. The NKOTB are making a mint of money.

by Deborah Greply 4004/11/2013

I can tell some of the middle age frau fans are posting in this thread by the way they get all defensive and won't admit that if someone is too scared to speak in an interview and too scared to sing when that's their job, then they have no business being in the entertainment industry. If he's still scared to be on stage after almost 30 years, he needs to give it up.

by Deborah Greply 4104/11/2013

Their latest album bombed, selling a pitiful 53,000 copies and the single from it didn't even chart. Why do they bother recording new stuff?

by Deborah Greply 4204/11/2013

Wow r42, that's gotta be disappointing for them. That's only half as many first week sales as that album they put out in 2008.

I wonder how tickets for the package tour with 98 Degrees and Boyz 2 Men are selling. Maybe nobody will even notice if Jon doesn't show up to any of those concerts.

by Deborah Greply 4304/11/2013

Jon just gave an interview to Gay Times UK which I can't find online yet.

I will be curious to see if the talks about his anxiety disorder and what sort of plan he had for dealing with going back on tour.

by Deborah Greply 4404/16/2013

One thing that bothered me about him even in the 80's was his face looked weak. Something about him looked like he was feigning an interest in being in the pictures and videos but it wasn't coming through as genuine. His brother had a more confident look, as did all the other boys.

by Deborah Greply 4504/16/2013

He's aged nicely and has beautiful hair.

by Deborah Greply 4604/17/2013

Apparently Jon is continuing with the tour, and continuing to show up at press events and not speak. Brava!

He tweeted that Joey McIntyre ran in the Boston Marathon last week. Apparently Joe finished in less than 4 hours, so he was though before the bombs went off.

by Deborah Greply 4704/26/2013

The money must be good to put himself out there like this.

by Deborah Greply 4804/26/2013

[quote]Jon just gave an interview to Gay Times UK which I can't find online yet.

I read some excerpts from it on Queerty and he sounds real bitter and obviously has some self-hate issues. He was bitching and whining about being outed, yet said everyone already knew he was living a gay "lifestyle". Well if everyone already knew, then why were you so upset about being "outed" unless you're not truly happy with yourself?

[quote]Apparently Jon is continuing with the tour, and continuing to show up at press events and not speak.

How the fuck did this no-talent ever get into show business? He runs off stage when his band mates want him to sing, he doesn't say shit in interviews - what exactly is he there for? I wonder why he gets paid to do nothing.

by Deborah Greply 4904/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.