Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

That STUPID fugly Blossom chick is ruining The Big Bang Theory!

There, I said it!

by Anonymousreply 24506/06/2015

OP, you couldn't be more right!

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2011

They really DID fuck the show up with her. Apparently she'll be a regular.

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2011

She has her own special kind of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2011

I'm watching, too ... and they just showed a commercial about self-examining for testicular cancer and made a comment, "why give a diamond when you can give the family jewels." WTF?

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2011

I stopped watching because she was on it all the time. She is not funny!!!

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2011

I thought she was a neurosurgeon now and super duper religious -? Why is she acting again?

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2011

I saw that, too, R7 and thought the same thing.%0D %0D On the topic--the whole show has gone downhill. This season has sucked.

by Anonymousreply 1101/20/2011

Major lesbian face.

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2011

They relied to heavily on Sheldon and his Asperger schtick. Which I still find funny, but the other characters are terribly underdeveloped and one-dimensional. And Sheldon's girlfriend only adds to this issue. The excitement about her flawed personality wore off very quickly. And Johnny Galecki is getting on my nerves. He is terrible in this show. I guess developing his character was futile because the acting wouldn't deliver anything.

by Anonymousreply 1501/20/2011

[quote]I stopped watching because she was on it all the time. She is not funny!!! I think she's brilliant. [quote]I thought she was a neurosurgeon now and super duper religious -? Why is she acting again? She has a PhD in neuroscience but is not planning to pursue her academic career. She did voice-overs while she was getting her degrees, then did a movie and a number of guest spots in various series. She's married with two sons, is writing a book on "holistic parenting" (whatever that is), is a vegan, and studies Judaism. Thanks, Wikipedia! [quote]To get things going they need to let Raj start talking to women - and have him come out of the closet. Raj likes women. He has sex with women. Rarely, but he has an undeniable hunger for them.

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2011

We get it R17, you like the show and know ALL about it. Shouldn't you clipping coupons or sewing little Aeriel's pageant dress or something?

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2011

I'm sure she's a very nice person, but she's absolutely hideous. She's makes Whoopi look like Halle Berry,

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2011

I thought the introduction of the character (essentially a female Sheldon) was cute. But I'm over it, and she's still there. Needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2011

I actually like the character, but I liked her better when Bebe Neuwirth played her on CHEERS.

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2011

Mayim is wonderful.%0D %0D And yes, Raj is cute - and hot.

by Anonymousreply 2201/21/2011

I hate this show with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 2405/19/2011

Mayim is goregeous. She could easily be a model if she wanted to.%0D %0D You people don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 2505/19/2011

Sheldon's mother is played by Laurie Metcalf as a fundie Christian. She is brilliant. The rest of the cast is a screwy mix of characters that, however irritating at times, is quite entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 2605/19/2011

R24, save your over-the-top hatred for a show worthy of your passion. With all the "reality" drek out there, there should be something worthy of your hatred.

by Anonymousreply 2705/19/2011

I love Amy Farrah Fowler! The Big Bang Theory is my favourite show and I adore all of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 2905/19/2011

I could not agree with you more. Her character is something I loathe because it almost makes the entire first 3 Season of Sheldon not Sheldon anymore, and I cannot stand it. When she appears I change the channel now.

by Anonymousreply 3003/09/2012

I love the girls in The Big Bang Theory. I especially love the episode of Amy giving Penny a comissioned painting of them both with Bernadette commeting about Penny's manhands in that hideous monstrosity behind Amy's back.

I wonder if Howard quit the astronaut program? I don't think it was mentioned when he had his terrible but hilarious experience at that training visit.

by Anonymousreply 3103/09/2012

I think he's still in the program, but I didn't see the last episode yet.

by Anonymousreply 3203/09/2012

I love the girls. I didn't like Amy at first, but she has since grown on me and now I adore her.

by Anonymousreply 3303/09/2012

Stupid? Darling she is smarter than you, your Mother and your Father combined.

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2012

I fucking love this show AND she has grown on me.

Found it hilarious when she gave Penny that huge painted picture of herself and then expected Penny to keep it prominently displayed.

by Anonymousreply 3503/09/2012

W&W r2

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2012

[quote]I'm sure she's a very nice person, but she's absolutely hideous. She's makes Whoopi look like Halle Berry,

So? All the guys with the exception of Raj (who is only kind of cute) are total dogs in the looks department. Wolowitz and Sheldon are FUG, no way around that. Leonard is only a slight step above them. The lack of any male eye candy is what kept me from watching for 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2012

R22 and R37 = Raj's mom

by Anonymousreply 3803/09/2012

I just started watching the show on TBS - never saw it before.

Why does Galecki feel the need to put on that nasally voice? It's too over-the-top to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 3903/09/2012

This show isn't funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 4003/09/2012

I stopped watching over a year ago when I found out Amy would be upgraded to series regular.. it was the last straw for me. She is awkward, painfully unfunny, annoying and.. did I mention annoying? It also doesn't help that Amy is totally changing Sheldon, and not for the better.. nah, Sheldon was supposed to be asexual.. now he's just a stupid horn dog. It's a complete and utter cop out and a retcon of his character. I liked that he was asexual, his view on sex was hilarious.. and now he's one of them. I don't find it realistic at all.

by Anonymousreply 4103/09/2012

I think the show is funny. But the weakest acting link is Galecki imho. So one-note, not showing any range, no matter what the writers throw at him.

by Anonymousreply 4203/09/2012

I personaly love the Amy Farrah Fowler character, and think she's good for the show. It was getting STALE before fore she was introduced.

BTW, the higher rating says she stays.

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2012

What are you talking about r41? He's not a horn dog.

by Anonymousreply 4403/09/2012

Sheldon is not a "horndog." Do you even watch the show? When he recently fled to Amy's apartment for the night they made a joke out of his sleeping on the couch. Amy said, "There's only so many times a girl can offer her bed." And this week, Sheldon's obligation to go to the birthday party with Amy was due to their "friendship agreement," not because they have a sexual relationship.

by Anonymousreply 4503/09/2012

I don't catch every episode, but from what I understand, he's still asexual. They're boyfriend/girlfriend in name only (and per written agreement). He and Amy don't ever actually touch, and Amy has a lez crush on Penny anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4603/09/2012

Isn't Sheldon a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 4703/09/2012

per written agreement.... I love that shit.

Sheldon is always bringing up the roommate agreement.

by Anonymousreply 4803/09/2012

Amy is the horndog, not Sheldon. A very frustrated horndog.

by Anonymousreply 4903/09/2012

In the latest episode Penny cracks a joke that Sheldon has not yet hit puberty (so Amy cannot use witholding sex to pressure Sheldon into treating her better). While Sheldon is a genius he's quite a spoiled infant brat in social situations. Was it ever established that Sheldon has Asbergers? The show occasionally makes a joke about his religious mom testing him for being crazy, but the test results were negative or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 5003/09/2012

I've only been watching the reruns on TBS. Love Sheldon - funniest TV character in years. The other guys are pretty funny too. Love Penny, love Amy.

Now which one is Bernadette and which one is Sara Gilbert?

by Anonymousreply 5103/09/2012

Love her, too. They can't ALL be male or blonde. Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 5203/09/2012

[quote]ruining The Big Bang Theory!

Isn't that like stepping on a bag of flaming dog shit?

How much worse can it get?

by Anonymousreply 5303/09/2012

your in my spot

by Anonymousreply 5403/09/2012

R37, it is a pity you missed the muscle hunk eye candy, Penny's ex boyfriend coming to the Holloween party. See what hate and indifference and being opinionated do to you?

by Anonymousreply 5503/09/2012

I'm a fan of Amy Farrah Fowler too. Bernadette is the one I can't stand - that voice is nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 5603/10/2012

Blossom wrote a book about parenting. She may have a PhD in neuro physics but her parenting theories are scary. Nursing her children beyond age 2 (and talking about friends who nurse till their children are age 5), never using diapers, even on infants, sleeping in one bed with your children (when you have plenty of room in your house...)

I dunnow...

by Anonymousreply 5703/10/2012

"which one is Sara Gilbert?"

The one who doesn't use the shitbra.

by Anonymousreply 5803/10/2012

Here is a video of her on NIghtline from this week where she talks about her nutty parenting practices. She flat out admits that her kids were never put down when they were babies. Those are going to be some hellacious brats... if they aren't already.

by Anonymousreply 6003/10/2012

If she'd put on those Blossom hats, all would be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 6103/10/2012

Love her, she is funny and a perfect match for Sheldon.

by Anonymousreply 6203/10/2012

Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon. She appears in a few episodes. She was also the girlfriend of Leonard for a while.

by Anonymousreply 6303/10/2012

[quote]If she'd put on those Blossom hats, all would be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 6403/10/2012

I like the show, and at first I didn't care for the Amy gal, but she's developed into an interestingly funny character. I get a kick out of her lesbian passes with Cuoco gal. Sheldon has been burdened with carrying this show, and the galecki guy is rather boring. Raj is the custest thing since vegetable curry and the Jew boy, Simon somebody, is hilarious. Bernadette is extremely funny while Cuoco is simply eyecandy for the straight males watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 6503/10/2012

[quote]Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon.

I'm not a fan of Sara on this show.

by Anonymousreply 6603/10/2012

Not near enough Laurie Metcalf on the show. She is so funny as Sheldon's mother.

Raj is fucking hot as hell. I saw a show last night where he strips down in a cafe and there was some nice fur action going on.

It's always fun to play "spot the bulge" when Galecki is on camera.

by Anonymousreply 6703/10/2012

Kunal Nayyar

by Anonymousreply 6803/10/2012

Kunal weds Miss India

by Anonymousreply 6903/10/2012

[quote]Sara Gilbert plays a character who is a foe of Sheldon. She appears in a few episodes. She was also the girlfriend of Leonard for a while.

Sara did a parody of "Blossom" on SNL. It was ugly.

by Anonymousreply 7003/10/2012

I just caught the rerun where Sheldon is modifying Penny's behavior by rewarding her with chocolates, and that was a great episode.

I'm not crazy about a lot of what they do with the main characters, but guys like the owner of the comic book store and the guy who speaks with the lisp are pwetty funny.

by Anonymousreply 7103/10/2012

That hideous troll in the link posted by R68 is the one some of you are calling cute? Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 7203/10/2012

Agree R62 I think Amy is a fantastic addition to the show I started watching it when she came on You other idiots can go blow yourselves

by Anonymousreply 7303/10/2012

That link about Kunal is interesting 'unfortunately his Big Bang Co-Stars couldn't make it' to the wedding. Do they all hate him?

by Anonymousreply 7403/10/2012

What else is annoying about Galecki is that he is always squinting and looking up. Always.

by Anonymousreply 7503/10/2012

[quote]his Big Bang Co-Stars couldn't make it' to the wedding. Do they all hate him?

India is very far away.

by Anonymousreply 7603/10/2012

Love the show! Especially the exchanges between Howard and his off camera mother.

I agree R60, those kids will probably grow up to be both physically and verbally abusive to the parents.

by Anonymousreply 7703/10/2012

India is very far away.

The wedding took place over SIX days.

ALL of them make over $50,000 a week.

And NOBODY could pony up the time or expense?

Lazy ass cheap fucks.

Jim, his cute husband and Otis, at least, should have gone.

by Anonymousreply 7803/10/2012

It's possible that they were trying to avoid the media circus the whole cast being there would have created.

This is the first I'm hearing that he's even married, so maybe he wanted it that way.

by Anonymousreply 7903/10/2012

I think this is a case of comparing ordinary shit and shit with corn in it. Both stink, but one is slightly more fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 8003/10/2012

It's a funny show and she's very funny.

The BBT crap is odd and silly. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 8103/10/2012

Who from BBT would care what anyone from DL thinks? They're all making money, making great ratings.

by Anonymousreply 8203/10/2012

R72 That's what I was thinking. That guy is hideous, not cute!

by Anonymousreply 8303/10/2012

I love the show. I would want to see more of Sara Gilbert, but Mayim is great. The only addition that I feel meh about is Raj's sister.

by Anonymousreply 8503/10/2012

And, R84, of course, it can't then have a gay character either. Both Shelden and Raj's characters could have easily been gay but the pussy straight men couldn't handle that.

by Anonymousreply 8603/10/2012

I like Amy Farah Fowler -- I loved the way they introduced her girl crush on Penny from the first and how she carries it to the extreme logic of a scientific mind.

Her first three sentences to Penny:

"Are you a lesbian?"

"Please don't stare at my breasts."

by Anonymousreply 8703/11/2012

Uhm, ladies?

She has a PHD in Neuroscience.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 8803/11/2012

J'adore AFF. And Raj is a major hottie.

by Anonymousreply 9003/11/2012

Nice show about geeks. The introduction of the girlfriends (apart from Raj's sister) was a great idea and keeps the show 'fresh'.

They have some great recurring guest stars, like the mothers of Sheldon and Leonard, Raj's parents, Stuart (the comic shop owner), Kripke, and Zack (Penny's himbo ex-boyfriend).

by Anonymousreply 9103/11/2012

The female characters are all good...and Raj's sister is played unlikable (too perfect) on purpose - so that the other three can gang up on her, with hilarious results.

by Anonymousreply 9203/11/2012

One of the funniest scenes is Kripke and Stuart (in a towel) singing Don't Go Breaking My Heart while Levar Burton comes in.

by Anonymousreply 9303/11/2012

[quote]They have some great recurring guest stars, like the mothers of Sheldon and Leonard, Raj's parents, Stuart (the comic shop owner), Kripke, and Zack (Penny's himbo ex-boyfriend).

Stuart gets some great lines, and when they do the inevitable spin-off, his character could handle his own show.

by Anonymousreply 9403/11/2012

Amy: Should I go? I've been told, sometimes, I overstay my welcome.

Leonard: Wha ... who told you that?

Amy: Well, most recently my gynecologist.

by Anonymousreply 9503/12/2012

Bialik's recent performances on the show have gotten away from the wooden mannerisms; the Fowler character is now rather touching.

by Anonymousreply 9603/12/2012

I like how TBBT producers/creators have allowed their characters to grow and mature.

by Anonymousreply 9703/12/2012

r93, that's not exactly right. Stuart performs 'Walking on Sunshine' with Kripke and Zach when Lavar Burton pops in. 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' was a Kripke and Zack duo karaoke performance. The episode is quite hilarious.

One of my favorite episodes is The Love Car Replacement where the gang goes on a road trip with two separate cars to a panel discussion with guest star Rick Fox as Bernadette's exboyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 9803/12/2012

Yes, you are right R98. I conflated the two performances.

by Anonymousreply 9903/12/2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe it's your vision of Amy that's ugly? The only thing I don't like about any of the characters is Bernadette's voice. This is seen/heard as funny in the U.S., in the U.K. it'd be described as squeaky and annoying. And lighten up, people, it's a comedy not a documentary!

by Anonymousreply 10003/23/2012

Mayim's Old Navy commercials are quite fun too, especially at the end... "Oh... Joe!"

by Anonymousreply 10103/23/2012

I'm only now catching reruns and haven't got past season 2. So far her character is alright. Sheldon trying to get her laid because her libido has suddenly sprung to life was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 10203/23/2012

I think Sheldon and Leslie Winkle should have got together, if only because it's so unlikely. You can just imagine it - one of their name-calling sessions, then the pause, then the clinch...

by Anonymousreply 10403/23/2012

R100 - That's not Melissa's real voice, btw. She did it for the character. I think it suits the character.

by Anonymousreply 10503/23/2012

You can hear what I assume is her real voice (or pretty close) on her first appearance on the show. It's the ep where Penny first set her up with Howard.

by Anonymousreply 10603/23/2012

I know it's Bernadette's voice, not Melissa's, and it does suit the character. No criticism of the actress was intended, just personal taste, although I think the U.S./U.K. thing does apply. There was a U.K. comedy series - 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' (U.K. 'crisps' = U.S. 'potato chips') which had a similar-voiced character and it fitted her because she was an annoying prat, the voice (also not the actress' real voice) just added to the effect. In the U.K. we're up to the middle of series 5. Looking forward to Stephen Hawking's appearance - can't wait to see how him and Sheldon get on!

by Anonymousreply 10703/24/2012

Karen Walker, yes, I knew there was another one, just couldn't think of the show. Poor Howard - he's doomed!

by Anonymousreply 10903/24/2012

The writers need to use some of their brilliance and get Raj out of the corner tney've painted him into.

Bernadette and Amy came onboard as one-joke, one-note characters and they've been able to flesh their characters out and make them interesting. They should be able to do something better with Raj who is just desperate and pathetic now.

by Anonymousreply 11003/24/2012

I thought she was brilliant in the episode where Shelton buys her a tiara.

by Anonymousreply 11104/19/2012

They need to take her character off the show. She isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 11204/19/2012

They turned the show into the nerd version of friends when they added the Amy and Bernedette characters as regulars.

by Anonymousreply 11304/20/2012

I started watching Big Bang theory BECAUSE of Amy.

by Anonymousreply 11407/01/2012

I thought Amy's reaction to Penny's old boyfriend, Zack, was terrifically funny. Her little "hooo" whenever she saw him was perfect.

"Zack" was on The Amazing Race with his brother several seasons back. They quickly became favorites with the viewers with their offbeat and very funny interactions with each other. His brother is in several commercials being run now.

by Anonymousreply 11507/01/2012

The girls are all very funny. I think they've gone too far with the Amy-going-for-Sheldon bit, though.

And they need to tell the Raj actor that they'll add to his subplots if he loses weight. He's getting so fat it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 11607/01/2012

she was quite funny when she got a tiara

by Anonymousreply 11707/01/2012

We love Amy!

by Anonymousreply 11907/01/2012

That's Miyim Bialak? I thought it was Penny Marshall!!!

by Anonymousreply 12007/01/2012

What I like is the subtle but persistent undertone of unspoken homo desire between Raj and Wolowitz, but both are too straight-edged to acknowledge it properly.

You also notice that frantic skirtchaser Wolowitz really stops all that when he gets with Bernadette and becomes his homely, settled one-woman guy who doesn't much look at anything else.

There's also loads of unrequited gay tension between Penny and Amy. Amy is basically a hardcore, sock-wearing lesbian and Penny is a terrified straight girl who cannot get away from her. It's hilarious. The painting of Penny and Amy with Penny's 'manly hands' I think sort of symbolises that Amy would love for Penny to be her man, or her protector and that's she's submissive to Penny in her imagination.

I think my fav homo moment was when Sheldon unwittingly asked that HOT guy in the campus canteen for his number for a sexual hookup (intended for Penny) but of course the guy thought he was being asked by Sheldon and seemed delighted. Superb little moments like that.

I also boggle at how Leonard manages to snag all the women. It just seems beyond the realms of possibility but then some guys do have that under the radar appeal.

Sheldon's mom and Leslie Winkle are two major favs of mine. I also like Kripky (sp?). He gets hotter in a geeky way every time I see him because he's quite forceful and manly with his nerdiness and he's always up for a fight with Sheldon. There might be some unresolved tension there but it's played well enough to be written off as just rivalry.

They're such nerds, I love this show, and all the characters. I'm always surprised how anyone can pick holes in it.

by Anonymousreply 12107/01/2012

Moron, haven't you noticed that the men have horse faces?

Why the hell don't you write about that?

by Anonymousreply 12207/08/2012

I wish the men from the big bang theory were not so ugly! Especially the jewish guy.

by Anonymousreply 12307/08/2012

I would watch the show more often in the men were not sooo fugly!

by Anonymousreply 12407/08/2012

The show was ruined once the guys started to get women. the whole premise of the show was four nerds who could not get girls and that was funny. Now Wolowicz is married? ridiculous. the show has jumped the shark and thats unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 12509/20/2012

This is the best comedy on tv and has been since it's debut. Great writing. Every episode has a laugh out loud moment . Thoughtful casting. Laurie Metcalf is brilliant as Sheldon's mother. Great chemistry. All the actors, even the bit players, play off each other beautifully. It rates right up there with the great comedies of the fifties. And then there is Jim Parsons. Genius. He has brought to life a character as original and iconic as Lucy Ricardo, Ralph Kramden, Diane Chambers, Kramer, well, you get the idea. Amy is the perfect foil for Sheldon. They are one of tv's quirkiest and most endearing couples. Love them both and I hope they each bring home an Emmy this year.

by Anonymousreply 12609/20/2012

R125, as you eat that turd taco you apparently relish, would you mind using consistently correct punctuation so that you can appear at least minimally normal? Your laziness and/or stupidity are distracting when we try to focus on your brown teeth.

by Anonymousreply 12709/20/2012

Love this show..That is all. Jim Parsons is the funniest man on TV.

by Anonymousreply 12809/20/2012

Jim Parsons is wonderfully gifted and MB as Amy has been a good foil.

by Anonymousreply 12909/21/2012

Love it. And I love Amy.

by Anonymousreply 13009/21/2012

[quote]Leonard manages to snag all the women. It just seems beyond the realms of possibility but then some guys do have that under the radar appeal.

Magical thinking and the millionth attempt by Hollywood at social engineering.

Victim cultures were behind the Sexual Revolution, as well. It was their only way to get dates with elite feminine stereotypical women.

by Anonymousreply 13109/21/2012

How many women has Leonard snagged in five years? Penny. Raj's annoying sister.Sara Rue's character. Sara Gilbert's character. Maybe one more.

by Anonymousreply 13209/21/2012

Hate the Priya character.

by Anonymousreply 13309/21/2012

Did I miss the season premiere? If not, when is it?

by Anonymousreply 13409/21/2012

The new season begins next Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 13509/21/2012

season 6 premieres September 27th.

by Anonymousreply 13609/21/2012

I think the funniest season was season 2. The episode where Penny gives Sheldon that napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy is classic and then she tells him he wiped his face on it and Sheldon freaks because he got Nimoy's DNA.

by Anonymousreply 13709/21/2012

Thanks, r135 and r136.

by Anonymousreply 13809/21/2012

r124, you think the men on that show are ugly? Well, the guy who plays Raj certainly isn't and Sheldon is cute in his own way.

by Anonymousreply 13909/21/2012

R137 - That's one of my favorite episodes, especially when Sheldon hugs Penny. But I do like the addition of Amy and Bernadette.

by Anonymousreply 14009/21/2012

Another great one is when Sheldon got drunk before he had to give a speech for an award he received at the university. He ended up taking his pants off and mooning the audience.

by Anonymousreply 14109/21/2012

New cast picture.

by Anonymousreply 14209/21/2012

Interesting fact:

Kaley Cuoco means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian.

by Anonymousreply 14309/21/2012

I think Jim Parsons is cute though I'm not loving the longer hair. I think the shorter cut is more flattering and gives Sheldon an otherworldly look that fits the character. Guys like Leonard get girls because he is sensitive, funny and smart. And when Galecki loses the glasses he's quite attractive. Helgerg has a face made for comedy. And I mean that in the best way. He is a brilliant comic actor. And the writers know it. He gets the best lines. It's rumored that Raj will get a love interest this season and I hope it's true. Kaley doesn't seem to get the attention Parsons does but she is no less talented and Penney's love/hate relationship with Sheldon has mined some of the best moments on the show. In a parallel universe, Penny would be Sheldon's dream girl. And that makes me smile.

by Anonymousreply 14409/21/2012

This show was only good the first two seasons. Since then the writting has dropped in quality. Blaming actors just doesn't cut it with me. It was a cute show at first but from season three onward they were just recycling jokes from seasons one and two, only with girlfriends. The only really good long running comedy on TV these days is The Office.

by Anonymousreply 14610/12/2012

I think The Office has been in decline since the fifth season.

by Anonymousreply 14710/12/2012

I want to see Amy end up with Lesie Winkle. Not only would they make a great couple, but Sheldon would have fit if he lost a non-girlfriend to his professional rival.

I want to see more of Leslie anyway, the bad girl of the Cal Tech physics department. Wha a character!

by Anonymousreply 14810/12/2012

R148 - I love Leslie Winkle, and Amy would be great with her.

Kaley (Penny) lost the weight she put on the last two seasons, and her arms look great.

by Anonymousreply 14910/12/2012

did anyone else notice that amy cant move her hand for the past 3 episodes of season 5 (e 2,3,4). also it looks fake and unrealistic, i always thought that there was something wrong with her arm this just proves it.

by Anonymousreply 15010/19/2012

Mayim Bialik was in a car accident and almost lost her hand r150

by Anonymousreply 15110/19/2012

Get a load of Nancy Drew @r150. "fake and unrealistic". The new slogan for FOX NEWS.

by Anonymousreply 15210/19/2012

Jim Parsons is the sexiest, thinking of Jim gives me the most amazing orgasms I've ever had in my life. Thank you Jim!

by Anonymousreply 15310/19/2012

Don't worry. TBBT blew long before she showed up.

by Anonymousreply 15410/19/2012

Sheldon, Wolowitz, Stuart, Kripke and Leslie Winkle are my favs.

by Anonymousreply 15510/19/2012

I love the whole cast OP is an ass.

by Anonymousreply 15610/20/2012

Damnit. I can't find the Is Raj gay thread so I will post it here:

Raj (about being best buds with Stewart now): It's like we both had these holes in our lives and now we fill each others' holes!

Later a grumpy Howard Wolowitz about Raj: At least my mother made her boyfriend climb out the window!

by Anonymousreply 15710/20/2012

Nice try. OP is right. It's a fun cast, and then there's that Mayam chick. Once she was added to the cast, the show started going downhill. It's just gasping for air now. I like it, and I watch it...but it's so over.

by Anonymousreply 15810/20/2012

Mayim is a hoot, I'm glad she's a regular now.

Fun (or more like sad) fact: Johnny Galecki and Sara Gilbert (Leslie) both attended Glenn Quinn's funeral. All three were on Roseanne back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 15910/20/2012

I wonder if Galecki suggested Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf for the parts of Leslie Winkle and Mary Cooper? They are both perfect in their roles and it is a testament to how good they are that I don't even think of them all as being former "Roseanne" cast members.

by Anonymousreply 16010/20/2012

R160 - perhaps. Johnny played Darlene's boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 16110/20/2012

Creator/producer Chuck Lorre was a writer on Roseanne during the Tom Arnold years.

Chuck Lorre wrote him some Cybil.

I'm surprised that Goodman hasn't shown up [he'd make a great Penny dad]..

Glad Baranski, Metcaf, and Gilbert did.

BYW, Galecki didn't have to suggest; Lorre hired them for the same reason he hired Galecki.

Easy to work with professional.

[Sheen was an anomaly.]

by Anonymousreply 16210/21/2012

R162 Penny's dad was already played by Keith Carradine.

Casey Sander, who was a regular on "Grace Under Fire," another Lorre show, plays Bernadette's dad.

by Anonymousreply 16401/30/2013

r163 is a nut job. Helberg didn't say anything bad about his daughter. He was a proud Papa. Ferguson was the one disparaging children under two years old. And he was kidding. He has a son that age. Helberg was trying to tell the story of how he discovered that his daughter got her first tooth and Ferguson kept interrupting him. Did you watch the show or lip read with the sound off?

by Anonymousreply 16501/30/2013

I just love Amy Fowler, she makes me happy :)

by Anonymousreply 16601/30/2013

R15 Ever since the (rare) condition of Asberger Syndrome was popularized, every oddball is said to have it. They don't. If anything, it has confused efforts to diagnose autism properly. Shelton does not have it.

by Anonymousreply 16701/30/2013

now now, Mayim Bailik beat the odds and was able to get onto another hit show and to match her up with the comic genius Jim Parsons was a stroke of casting heaven. Her character has introduced a new dynamic in the show that makes it even better. Her character has evolved from a female Sheldon to a love lorn Geek. She has made the show better. Her character's infatuation with Penny has made some of the funniest moments in the show.

by Anonymousreply 16802/08/2013

When will the man hate stop R163? Maybe therapy will help. You obviously need it.

by Anonymousreply 16902/08/2013

Jim parsons is hot.

by Anonymousreply 17002/08/2013

No, I've defended the show upthread (about a year ago) but this season's gone to shit. Amy is nothing but a horny loser obsessing over a douchey fuggo like Sheldon and Penny is not too far from being the same towards fatty Galecki.

The Howard character has improved a lot though.

by Anonymousreply 17102/08/2013

[quote]No, I've defended the show upthread (about a year ago) but this season's gone to shit.

I agree. Not surprising though - the show is in it's 6th season and it seems that most long running shows start wearing thin by the time they get to the 6th season.

by Anonymousreply 17202/08/2013

R173 = Blossom

Just because ratings are high doesn't mean the quality is good. It's simply a matter of long-running shows having dedicated viewers who feel that they've invested to much time to stop watching now. Friends, ER, and How I Met Your Mother are all perfect examples of this.

by Anonymousreply 17402/08/2013

Anyone else think Kripke is kind of sexy? I don't know why but I want to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 17502/08/2013

R175 Nope, just you. He's all yours.

by Anonymousreply 17602/08/2013

Amy deserves to remain on this show for her 'Tiara' scene alone. Best comedy scene that year imho.

by Anonymousreply 17802/09/2013

[quote]Her character's infatuation with Penny has made some of the funniest moments in the show.

I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.

Anyone think we'll see anything like that any time soon?

Stupid lesbians don't know how good they've got it.

by Anonymousreply 18002/09/2013

R180 Another reason not to watch this stupid show. So sick of all the faux-bi female shit. Why can't it ever be bi-curious men?

by Anonymousreply 18102/09/2013

Big hug for r179 :)

by Anonymousreply 18202/09/2013

Raj has exhibited some undertones of same sex attraction. It's not stated directly, but it is played with (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 18302/09/2013

[quote]I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.

I guess you don't know me, my best bud Scott, our token gay friend Danny, and my love/hate fuck buddy Derek?

by Anonymousreply 18402/09/2013

They started with the bi-curious, gay angle with Raj years ago and it looked like they were going to make him gay. But then they got scared, probably figuring people already thought all their chracters were gay, since being butch was hardly a leading quality.

Now supposedly Raj will have a real girlfriend. It will be interesting to see how they do this since they still are carrying on with this "can't talk unless drunk" crap.

by Anonymousreply 18502/09/2013

[quote] It's simply a matter of long-running shows having dedicated viewers who feel that they've invested to much time to stop watching now. Friends, ER, and How I Met Your Mother are all perfect examples of this.

While you can make a case for "ER" and "Friends" "How I Met Your Mother" is not a hit ratings wise

It's year end ratings were/are

54 2005 - 2006

61 2006 - 2007

70 2007 - 2008

49 2008 - 2009

42 2009 - 2010

48 2010 - 2011

45 2011 - 2012

Year end rating -> Rating year

by Anonymousreply 18602/09/2013

One and one is two

It's mathematics

There's no dividing me and you

The numbers don't add up

When I minus you there's no solution

It's as simple as can be

It's mathematics

Like the sum of you and me

Just the right amounts

And that's what counts

In mathematics

by Anonymousreply 18702/09/2013

[R178] I loved that tiara scene! That was hilarious! Biaylik may not be conventionally pretty or play a sympathetic character but the writers have given her more to work with and Mayim Bialik is genuinely very talented. A lot of the fan boys don't like the original premise messed with but the characters have to breathe and grow. Howard can't be a horndog living at home forever.

While I'm in no hurry for the Sheldon character to actually have sex, I'm thrilled that he actually has a girlfriend, as uncomfortable as it is for him. She's as smart as he is, she calls his bluff and makes him do things he doesn't want to. Hurray for Amy!

by Anonymousreply 18802/09/2013

Only Leslie Winkle was a good foil for Sheldon.

They should bring her back.

by Anonymousreply 18902/09/2013

They've outgrown the one-note Leslie Winkle character. And Sarah can only do one note.

by Anonymousreply 19002/09/2013

[quote]I live for the day they have some bi-curious guy making such comments towards a hot straight guy.

How about Leonard's infatuation with David Underhill?

by Anonymousreply 19102/09/2013

I liked Mayim on "Blossom", but I just don't like her on this show (then again, I don't like the show at all).

by Anonymousreply 19202/09/2013

R193 Did you really think that a thread titled, "That STUPID fugly Blossom chick is ruining The Big Bang Theory!" was going to be a fan thread??? And where did I write that I watch the show on a regular basis?

Dumb ass motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 19402/09/2013

It's a good thing, for many of you, that someone's worth is not tied directly to their appearance.

by Anonymousreply 19603/11/2013

I work in a hospital and have noticed that this show has replaced "Two and a Half Men" as the senior citizen favorite.

by Anonymousreply 19703/11/2013

Brenda Morgenstern > Amy Farah Fowler

by Anonymousreply 19803/11/2013

R197 Do they know Jim Parsons is gay? Tell them and they will switch back.

by Anonymousreply 19903/11/2013

i didn't know it was possible to be more annoying than that purse lipped gay faced queen. yuck!

by Anonymousreply 20003/11/2013

Is she ruining the show or is it the writers?

I thought when she was first on the show she was pretty good and not a bad addition...and than over night she became a sex hound wanting not only Sheldon but also Penny.

Than her character started to go down hill. To this day I have no clue why Penny and Bernadette hang out with her. They don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 20106/11/2013

The Sheldon character is ruining the show. He's become a whiny, self-entitled, selfish douche. I don't know why anyone would still be his friend especially Amy. She is really pathetic to put up with his crap. It's another reason to dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 20306/11/2013

This whole show has gone down the drain the past season.

by Anonymousreply 20406/11/2013

I don't mind her. But it kind of bugs me that they brought her character in to make Sheldon seem straight when he so obviously isn't. Better they should have left him as an Aspie without any sexual insight or awareness.

by Anonymousreply 20506/11/2013

They didn't bring her character in to make Sheldon look straight.

by Anonymousreply 20607/31/2013

Sounds like someone got turned down, by even the ugliest girl in class.

by Anonymousreply 20710/05/2013

I love her, as do most of the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 20910/05/2013

The gay innuendos between Raj and Howard are nothing of the sort, THEY don't view them as such(Howard's lightbulb DOES go on a few times, while Raj NEVER sees the gay angle to their conversations) Both are good friends, and therefore, not above being honest and talking about what transpires between them. Of course, the writers want to drive that point home, just to mine another laugh or two. And now, as Ma Hofstadter says, "I have to urinate."

by Anonymousreply 21010/05/2013

I totally agree. I wish they had either picked a different actress or not created Amy at all.

by Anonymousreply 21112/01/2013

Howard and Raj are the new Chandler and Joey.

by Anonymousreply 21212/01/2013

The show has gotten very bad. The science/nerd angle has given way to Friends. The big difference between TBBT and Friends is Friends had far better writing. TBBT has become impossible to watch.

by Anonymousreply 21312/01/2013

R213 I agree. The show has lost its' way.

by Anonymousreply 21412/01/2013

Was this show ever really funny? Sheldon is so fucking annoying

by Anonymousreply 21512/01/2013

The Thanksgiving episode where Sheldon and Bernadette's father bond over football and beer was hilarious. And it's always good to see Zach.This show still makes me laugh out loud. I will never understand the concept of hate watching. It seems that the show's most venomous critics watch it every week and then come here to complain. I offer you a puzzled expression and a snort of derision.

by Anonymousreply 21612/01/2013

R216/Jim Parsons, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 21712/01/2013

Bazinga R215!

by Anonymousreply 21812/01/2013

This show has needed to die for a while.

by Anonymousreply 21912/01/2013

R215 the show used to be much funnier. I don't blame Mayim for that. It just happens as sitcoms get set in their ways.

by Anonymousreply 22012/01/2013

R220, Mayim is annoying as hell, awkward to watch, and just overall cringeworthy. I've read lots of people stopped watching after she was added, or they continue to watch, they just don't like Amy and want her killed off.

by Anonymousreply 22112/01/2013

Amy has added a lot to the show, as has Bernadette.

by Anonymousreply 22212/01/2013

[quote]Mayim is annoying as hell, awkward to watch, and just overall cringeworthy.

I agree. I can't stand her character. I don't know why so many people think she's funny. She's not.

by Anonymousreply 22312/01/2013

Added a lot to the show? If you mean annoyance and lesbianism, then yes.. she has added a lot! LMAO. Are you insane? She's the worst character added to any show. She's awful. I can't believe she has any fans at all. As I said, Amy is hated everywhere. She only has a few crazy stans, much like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 22412/01/2013

she is nasty!!!!!! can't stand her!!!!! get rid of her!!!!! gross!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22512/26/2013

She's not funny.

by Anonymousreply 22612/26/2013

I can't stand her at all. The show went down the drain after her character came on.

by Anonymousreply 22712/27/2013

There's no radar strong enough to locate Leonard's 'charm.' Galecki looks like Vincent van Gopher, about five foot one with that huge head, pee- hole squinty eyes and monobrow. And 'sensitive'? When he was with Priya (yeah that could happen) he was ready to end his friendship with Penny because the Indian beyotch was jealous! Add in his whiny, smothering insecurity and I can say I hate this character completely.

by Anonymousreply 22812/28/2013

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22911/06/2014

Thanks for that cogent response R229

by Anonymousreply 23011/06/2014

She is a first class person.. However her character on this show is truly horrible.. Shame on the writers and executives for providing her with juvenile and frankly pathetic material.. Friends and I rarely watch an entire episode anymore šŸ˜Ÿ

by Anonymousreply 23111/10/2014

DL will be thrilled to know that Lego is coming out with a Mini Big Bang set. They look kind of creepy. I have no idea who would actually buy this stuff. Well nerds and geeks and I guess there may be quite a few of them around.

by Anonymousreply 23211/11/2014

I don't know if I've posted her before or not but I loathe the Amy character.

They've gone back to her being all inappropriate and gross with Penny again. I thought they were past that. They had stopped doing it for a while.

It's crriminal that those people make that much money.

The show is not that funny anymore and it has turned into a Friends wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 23311/11/2014

You are mostly a bunch of hateful and angry at life meeples. Small and colorful. I love 'that blossom chick'. IMPO, she saved the show. Now stop being so horrible. Go figure out why you hate life so much and quit saying such ugly things. Find happiness instead of bitter. I think you need some Jesus. :)

by Anonymousreply 23402/18/2015

Wow ... can't believe someone dug this up. But I'll take the opportunity to say that this show is officially in the crapper. Used to be a big fan, but this season has been lame and unfunny. The only time in the last couple of seasons it has been funny are with guests stars (Bob Newhart and Billy Bob Thorton), which goes to show they have run out of stories for the characters. Characters are predictable, stories are nonexistant. And WTF was with the Thanksgiving episode where Raj's father sat in the background with only a few lines to say?! They finally bring one of Raj's parents on after all these years for ... nothing? Ironic the stars are getting a million an episode now because it is at the lowest in quality ever.

by Anonymousreply 23502/18/2015

You're absolutely right, OP and R235.

by Anonymousreply 23602/18/2015

Blossom and the girlfriend of the Indian guy are ruining the show. Occasionally Blossom is funny but normally she is a Debbie Downer type character who disrupts the flow of the show. Raj's girlfriend is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 23703/03/2015

This past show was interesting. I read here on one of the many threads that Penny and Sheldon would be interesting. I agree.

I want them to be end game now.

He challenges her and she makes him dig into his feelings and questions his actions.

I can't unsee it now.

by Anonymousreply 23803/03/2015

I love Amy, she's adorkable when she smiles.

I am glad that Raj's girlfriend is gone. Raj is hot.

by Anonymousreply 23903/03/2015

I agree. Raj is the hottest guy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 24003/03/2015

I don't need to watch visually unpleasant things so I stopped watching the show once she became a regular. She's grating.

by Anonymousreply 24103/03/2015

I can't stand her either. I have no idea why she's popular.

by Anonymousreply 24203/03/2015

It's funny that she wants Penny AND Sheldon and is just generally horny. I've always found her a delight.

by Anonymousreply 24303/03/2015

love her. hope they keep her, she is funny as heck

by Anonymousreply 24403/03/2015

Heh -- Amy as maid of honor

by Anonymousreply 24506/06/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!