Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you believe in ghosts?

Serious replies only. If so, have you had an experience with one?

by Anonymousreply 49710/14/2015

Yes, I believe in ghosts. I once saw one in Nantucket. I've also had other paranormal experiences.

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2011

R1, did it have a horrible accent?

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2011

I do believe in ghosts. I do believe in ghosts. I do, I do, I do believe in ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2011

A ghost once gave me surprise anal. He pulled out and shot ectoplasm all over my face.

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2011

I believe that this thread will sit in my thread watcher for 2011 and will have mulitple parts.

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2011

When I was about 8 or 9 I was riding my bicycle up and down our street.

My grandparents had a house on the same street, both had died and the house was up for sale. It was a shotgun type house with a small front yard- the front windows were close to the street. I was turning my bike around in front of their house when I noticed a bald man looking out the window at me. He must have been very tall- the windows were low and I could tell by what I could see of his posture and the bend of his arms that he was leaning quite far over to look out at me. There was nothing ominous or frightening about it- he just was looking at me and I looked at him and then I rode back down the street.

I was just a dumb kid- I didn't think much of it. I told my mother when I got home- I had thought maybe someone was looking to buy the house. She didn't believe me, thought I was joking because there was no one in the house that day she was certain. When she asked me to describe the man, tall and bald- she was really shocked. She said it sounded like my great grandfather- and that my brother when he was a baby saw the same man in the house when he was about 3 years old. He was playing on the floor in the living room while my mother and grandmother had coffee in the kitchen- then he came to her and asked who the tall bald man was in the stripey jacket?

It is weird to think about it now because his expression was so matter of fact and the experience so ordinary- I have often thought it has to be a misunderstanding and that it couldn't have been a ghost. I don't know if I believe in ghosts- but I believe what we know for sure in this life is like a grain of sand on a beach.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2011

I don't believe until I see one myself or someone else proves their existence

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2011

Seriously, no.

by Anonymousreply 901/20/2011

Yes, I believe in them but I've never seen one. People I know and trust have, though.

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2011

I don't believe in "heaven" or "hell", but I do believe our soul does move on to another realm of existence when our body dies. I believe it is entirely possible that some souls, for whatever reason, remain in this realm or find a way to move between realms.

A parapsychologist I know told me that when the human soul moves on to the next realm it goes through a learning process and eventually learns that it can move between existences at will and at a moment's notice. These existences are actually multiple "heavens" that many religious people believe to be made by God. One heaven may be a beautiful forest, the next a beautiful tropical island, and on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 1101/20/2011

I say I don't believe in ghosts but I took a ghost tour (walking) one night while visiting London. By the tour's end, in an ancient graveyard, I was so freaked out by the various ghost tales about places along the way that I didn't want to go near them. Problem was, I had to walk past several "haunted" buildings to get to the Underground station for a subway back to my hotel. I invited a guy on the tour to go with me to a pub, my treat. I told him that there was a fabulous pub next to my hotel. He was very tall, a basketball player. I figured that, if a ghost that I don't believe in decided to come out of one of those building, it would see him before it noticed me. He never knew that the beer I bought him was payment for being my bodyguard to protect me from the ghosts - that I don't belive in.

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2011

I have had very eerie dreams in which dead loved ones have talked to me and I have felt "presences," but have never had an outright encounter with a ghost. I believe it's possible, though.

by Anonymousreply 1301/20/2011

I heard a ghost once. Waking behind me in a corridor that was sealed by those loud clunky sounding fire exit doors at both ends. It started out just walking at a steady pace behind me, but then started to move faster and faster. I thought it was a friend of mine about to play and prank or jump on my back so when I reached the other fire exit door, I jumped to the side, thinking my friend would go flying into the doors. So I did that but there was nobody there. I was told later that a construction worker died while working on that part of the buildling.

by Anonymousreply 1401/20/2011

I hate it when I come across this kind of thread after dark.

by Anonymousreply 1501/20/2011

Odd. I don't believe in ghosts, but have had experiences with them. My grandfather had a house on Cape Cod. We'd -- me, cousins, etc -- spent a lot of time there when growing up, and EVERYONE has had an encounter with a ghost. One night, my father, sister, and I heard someone walking up and down the steps, but we checked, and everyone was in bed. So what were those footsteps? My sister saw a somewhat shapeless form flipping through a magazine that was on her bedroom table. Several times! We'd all hear someone walking downstairs. So, I've heard evidence, but I'm still skeptical. Although I can't think of a rational explanation for all the events all of us have heard and seen, I still think there must be one. Either that, or there are ghosts in my granddad's house.

by Anonymousreply 1601/20/2011

Yes, I do. I've run into a few of them. The earthbound ones have absolutely nothing of interest to say. They are boring and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1701/20/2011

by Anonymousreply 1801/20/2011

R17, do you have an overly active third eye or something?

by Anonymousreply 1901/20/2011

by Anonymousreply 2001/20/2011

Something like that, r19.

by Anonymousreply 2101/20/2011

It's true, r17. I went through a period of having 'visitors'. Most of them are stuck, and no different to those who are alive and 'stuck'.

by Anonymousreply 2201/20/2011

The ghost thread again.

by Anonymousreply 2301/20/2011

Do you beleeeeeeee-eeve?

by Anonymousreply 2401/20/2011

get some sleep Shane.

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2011

Here we are, for you ghostie lovers.

by Anonymousreply 2601/21/2011

Anyone watch Ghost Adventures? A lot of you would probably like Zac, the lead ghost hunter on the show. It was fun and scared me. I don't know what to believe though. I will tell you this, when a teddy bear moves and the electric detector moves at the same time in a dark, empty underground lair, it's fucking freaky.

by Anonymousreply 2701/21/2011

I always watch Ghost Hunters. Zak and the other guys crack me up because they're so over the top - I'm not sure if I buy all of their experiences, but it is kind of creepy when they play back one of those EVP's or whatever they're called and a voice or footsteps (yikes) are heard. I've never seen a ghost but have had a few strange experiences. Once my sister and I were just sitting in our room talking and all of the sudden the front part of an oscillating fan just came off - it didn't drop off like something was loose on it, it looked like someone just yanked off its face, like it was pulled off and I still think that's weird, but I don't know what caused it.

by Anonymousreply 2801/21/2011

I believe in gusts.

by Anonymousreply 2901/21/2011

I believe in the classic DL 'Occult' thread, missing believed dead. I wish that could return to haunt me again.

by Anonymousreply 3001/21/2011

R30, it was a great thread. Fascinating and scary posts. Hopefully we'll be getting that DL archive sometime soon.

by Anonymousreply 3101/21/2011

No, I do not.%0D %0D Because I'm not an idiot who jumps to conclusions.%0D %0D To see something you don't understand and to immediately assume that it's caused by a disembodied "spirit" of a dead human being, is just ludicrous.%0D %0D Especially given that what you saw can probably be explained by any number of actual, probable situations or events (including a trick of your own perception ... it's all in your mind).%0D %0D It's just so strange to me that people are so willing and eager to jump to bizarre and nonsensical conclusions based on little or no evidence. See a light in the sky you don't understand? Well, it MUST be little green men with big eyes and no hair from Mars! %0D %0D What the fuck is wrong with people? Why can't you just say "I saw something I don't undertand" instead of having to make up complete bullshit stories about it?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3201/21/2011

What I can't understand are the responses from people like R32. Why all the anger? Why are some skeptics always calling others who do not share their beliefs "idiots" or stupid or whatever? They are so closed to other ideas that they are the ones who are idiots. %0D %0D I've seen things that seem to be paranormal and although I do believe in ghosts, I've always been able to question what I have seen and think perhaps what I experienced wasn't paranormal and maybe just a trick of the mind.%0D %0D So why are some skeptics such jackasses?%0D %0D Oh, I forgot: I'm on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3301/21/2011

Not sure if I believe in them or not. I'm a little skeptical but open. I've never seen one but I got a little freaked out one night because my cat was intently staring out from the kitchen towards the dining room with all the hair on her body standing on end. At around that same time there was a crashing sound. After investigating I found a small table had tumbled down the stairs. Just an overall weird experience. The cat was freaked out about something because she's never acted like that since.

by Anonymousreply 3401/21/2011

I was with a friend who had an experience once. It was at a theater in Pennsylvania, the Fulton Opera House. It's very haunted. While we were running a scene for a show in a rehearsal hall, the stage manager and the director gasped and looked at each other (I saw them react). I asked what happened and they were both pale white. They had seen a girl with dark hair in a white dress bolt past them and to the back behind the actors and then vanish, but nobody else paid attention and missed it. But the fact that they BOTH saw it and BOTH reacted to it freaked me out.

If there's any theater in the world haunted, it's the Fulton. It stands on the site of a pre-revolutionary prison and the back wall of the prison is part of the theater. In 1763, the last members of the Conestoga Indian tribe were slaughtered in the prison by an unruly mob. Anyone who has worked there at length invariably will have an experience they won't understand.

by Anonymousreply 3501/21/2011

A few years ago, my partner and I stayed at an old b&b in the Maritimes. He was attending mtgs during the day which left me time to wander around. The innkeeper encouraged me to poke around the property and check out the history of the place, so I did. I found a small, winding staircase that led to a landing and a bedroom with an open door. Lining the hall was a series of old photos. I looked at each one, the typical stony-faced black and white photos you see in museums. The final photo was of a heavy set woman, alone, seated, looking stern with her pulled back hair. It creeped me out. I proceeded thru the open door to the room (it wasn't a guest room) and walked to the small window to look out when all of a sudden, the closet door swung open with great force. I screamed (yes). Then told myself I must have stepped on a spot in the floor that pressured the door open. Later that night, at about 3am, my partner suddenly started talking in his sleep. Clearly and slowly. I hadn't told him anything about what happened during the day, yet he recounted step by step what had taken place. His first words were, "I saw your photo on the wall..." it was recited almost like a poem. I shook him awake, and I was shaking at this point, and he had no awareness of what he said. The next morning, I, very sheepishly, mentioned to the innkeeper we'd had some strange things happen. To which she replied, "oh Stella had an active night last night - she cleared all the stuff off the bureau in the room above yours, too!" We were stuck there one more night and needless to say, I kept a light on all night AND my eyes open!!!

by Anonymousreply 3601/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 3701/21/2011

R32 is just asking for a haunting!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3801/21/2011

Where was that R36? I love the Maritimes, I'd like to go.

by Anonymousreply 3901/21/2011

by Anonymousreply 4001/21/2011

R33, seriously, why do you think R32 is a jackass?%0D %0D Calling out idiots for being idiots isn't being a jackass.%0D %0D If someone hears a thump, and immediately jumps to the conclusion that there is some disembodied human spirit that is troubled or angry... how can you NOT mock such stupidity? %0D %0D Why do you coddle such utter idiocy and defend it?%0D %0D When people can't separate fantasy from reality, that's a problem. When people have absolutely no concept of logic or reason, that's a problem. When people let their imaginations run wild and confuse that for "factual evidence", it's a bad thing.%0D %0D So why do you lash out and attack anyone who says the blindingly obvious?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4101/21/2011

[quote]So why do you lash out and attack anyone who says the blindingly obvious? %0D %0D There's a huge difference between pointing out something that may be blindingly obvious and being downright nasty. You probably are unable to comprehend the difference. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4301/21/2011

How is stating a fact "name-calling"?%0D %0D What do YOU call someone who leaps to outrageous conclusions based on the flimsiest of evidence? I mean, besides "republican".%0D %0D And I know all about Troll-dar. You're trying to create non-existent controversy and you assume intentions not in evidence. No wonder you defend idiots.%0D %0D [quote]And, where on here did anyone say that they hear a little bump and automatically assume it's a ghost? No one does that. %0D %0D You're either ignorant, or a liar. I'll assume ignorant. I've seen and heard people do that all the time. Or exactly equivalent things. And you know they do that. So what are you trying to do here? Play some strange sort of devil's-advocate? Just stop it.%0D %0D [qutoe]It's naturally human to look for the real cause. It's when they can't find a real cause that they start to question things. %0D %0D That's fine. Where did I say I have a problem with that? I have no problem with that and in fact was very explicit in stating so. It's not the questioning that is the problem. It's teh jumping to absurd, outlandish, completely unsuppoted conclusions that is the problem.%0D %0D Even if you saw a ghostly apperition, captured it on film as a shimmering translucent *something*... the leap to assuming it's a "soul" or a "ghost" of a dead human is still a major leap. You know nothing of the sort. Why not assume it's an alien? Or a soul of an animal? Or a projection of a human from the future into our present? Or a trans-dimensional vision from a parallel universe? See? There are a million things you can think of... because you have no evidence to really rule anything out. What's wrong with "I saw something weird that I can't explain?" %0D %0D [quote]Since you have no countering explanations aside from "I don't know", maybe you should just keep your attitude to yourself, huh?%0D %0D How does THAT make any sense? I'm making a perfectly valid point, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.%0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4401/21/2011

One time I mistook semen for a ghost.

by Anonymousreply 4501/21/2011

[quote]There's a huge difference between pointing out something that may be blindingly obvious and being downright nasty. You probably are unable to comprehend the difference. %0D %0D You are apparently unable to as well. And about the ten thousandth time you've had to point out the same obvious fact, you'd probably be a little exasperated as well.%0D %0D Just because you're hearing something you don't really want to hear, doesn't mean the person speaking it is being "mean" or "nasty". Your irrational reaction is not my problem.%0D %0D Now grow up.%0D

by Anonymousreply 4601/21/2011

R44, it really wasn't necessary to post all of that...we already have ample evidence that you're an asshole. And, now we also know you have reading comprehension problems and obviously can't even read your own previous posts if you are serious about the "Name calling? What name calling?" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4701/21/2011

[quote]Now grow up.%0D %0D Please stand in front of your mirror, R46, and repeat that one hundred times. Maybe it will sink in.%0D %0D You exhibit the nastiness of a hate-mongering TeaBagger. I'll bet you were devastated when McCain-Palin lost.

by Anonymousreply 4901/21/2011

There is nothing funnier than an atheist who believes in ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 5001/21/2011

I hate when threads go all USENETy

by Anonymousreply 5101/21/2011

Thanks for ruining the thread by arguing about your opinions as if they were facts. Way to go.

by Anonymousreply 5401/21/2011

I think all of the ghost hunter kind of shows are complete bullshit (though the one with celebrities talking about weird experiences is fun, especially if you go in trying to figure out which ones are describing something real and which ones just want free publicity.)

But on the other hand, I do believe in ghosts because I saw one, it was in my college library, fully formed real looking woman in Victorian clothes who vanished (and I did search the whole floor to be sure).

Most people in my family have some kind of story. I have a niece who when she was very young (too young to make it up) described a nice old man who used to come and talk to her. One day she pointed him out in a family picture. It was her great grandfather who had died about four months after she was born.

There are others, but just the other day my friend was telling me how her grandson had called her sounding completely terrified and asked her to come get him where he and his friends had gotten together. When she pulled up, he was trying to rip her car door open before it had stopped and she saw the whole group of boys standing in the middle of the street staring at an open garage and all of them were terrified.

When he got in the car, he was frantically asking her "Do you see him? Do you see him?" but when she looked, no one was where he was pointing. She asked him who it was and he told her, I can't remember the name, but it was a friend of his who had been killed (shot) in that garage a couple of weeks before.

He told her they had all (a group of 10-11 boys) seen him standing there covered in blood and laughing at them when they had bolted at the sight of him. She said she'd never seen her grandson look that scared and he won't even go into that neighborhood anymore. But since the kid had been shot there and everything, she kind of saw it as a good thing if it kept him away from a place that was obviously dangerous.

My mother also told me once that she had an image of her grandmother waving goodbye the day she died (before she found out she had died).

I've heard of others, but those are ones which involved actually seeing someone who wasn't/couldn't have been there. But it always makes me laugh a little when people try to explain to me how I didn't actually see anything, and it was some singular, complex delusion that I somehow had stone cold sober in the middle of the day in a brightly lit room. Because that's somehow supposed to be more logical.

When weird stuff happens, I guess it's just a question of which outlandish sounding explanation happens to make sense to you.

by Anonymousreply 5601/21/2011

[quote]There is nothing funnier than an atheist who believes in ghosts.

There is nothing funnier than a Christian who judges atheists.

by Anonymousreply 5701/21/2011

[quote]There's too goddamned many stupid "do you believe in ghost" threads in this place. There seems to be at least one a month.%0D %0D And you lie like a hate-mongering Republican, too.

by Anonymousreply 5801/21/2011

[quote]And about the ten thousandth time you've had to point out the same obvious fact, you'd probably be a little exasperated as well.%0D %0D %0D ten thousandth time? Really? It's amazing that one person can pour out so much bullshit, but you manage to do it very well. Go back to Free Republic with the rest of the liars.

by Anonymousreply 5901/21/2011

My partner and I investigate haunted places and I have indeed experienced ghost activity. In one house, we had furniture stacked on the second floor of the house. I mean a heavy Victorian table stacked upside down on a vase and drawers taken out of cabinets stacked end to end on top of them. We have also picked up frightening EVP's which ghosts say thongs such as "leave us alone...we are dead". My partner is a psychic medium and used his abilities to speak to ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 6301/21/2011

Like I said, r60, it's just a matter of which outlandish explanation a person chooses to believe.

Since I was actually there and all, I can only perceive it for myself.

But lets say you're a hard working, and fairly boring college student. You don't like beer and have never seen the appeal of mind-altering substances. You do however love to read, and particularly love the old books they keep in the old library building, which they have built the new modern library around, keeping the the structure intact.

But since it's essentially connecting two buildings, the door between them metal and very heavy. The the floors are made of thick plates of glass, so the room is actually very bright and not given to shadows at all, since you get the light from below as well as above.

One day, you go up looking for a book and head into a room you've been in several times without anything unusual happening. You have a habit of glancing down each aisle as you pass by it, and have only seen other people on the floor the same time as you on one or two occasions, since only the really old books are kept there, but that makes you a little cautious about being caught there alone with someone.

You pass by one aisle and see that today is one of those days someone is there. A woman, facing one shelf with her arm raised to either grab a book or put it back or something. But her clothes seem a little strange, long sleeved shirt and long black skirt that kind of poofs out in the back. Her hair is up in a bun, you can't tell if it's white or blonde.

All that in and of itself isn't all that strange. I mean, it's college. It could just be some SCA kid who likes dressing up. But just before you make it completely past, you notice something else that seems strange. The lady seems to have heard you passing and turned toward you, but she moved very slowly,so slowly that she doesn't even get her face all the way around toward you before you pass out of sight.

So you stop after about another step and think for a moment about what you saw and that it just seemed a little strange. So after a couple of seconds, you lean back around to find there's no one there anymore.

You frown, and call out a "Hello?" or two, knowing the loud ass door is behind you, you walk to the end of the aisle and look and still don't see anyone. The room isn't that big and you just have to know, so listening carefully for anyone moving or the door, you make a circuit around the entire room only to find you are alone.

It's weird, but you're not really scared. You don't have any bad feelings about the place and it doesn't seem like you're not welcome there. So you shrug and head over to get your book and take off.

You've glanced down enough aisles to know what a person standing ten feet away from me looks like, so it's a little funny when people go out of there way to explain to you that you didn't actually see someone there. But you also know that since they didn't see it for themselves, that's a very natural reaction.

by Anonymousreply 6401/21/2011

Oh and for the sake of it, here is a picture of what this area of the library looks like with the glass floors.

That photo stream isn't mine though, I never took any pictures of the library, but it's distinctive enough that it wasn't hard to find one.

How a person would randomly imagine a whole person standing just a few feet away is as absurd to me as I'm sure my story sounds to anyone who is somehow graced with the ability to understand everything that is or isn't possible in the world.

by Anonymousreply 6501/21/2011

Ghost Hunters has a new investigator Adam Berry, who happens to be from Provincetown. He and his partner have their own paranormal business or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 6601/21/2011

I have never seen a ghost but I think they probably do exist. I watch Ghosthunters and those type of shows but I usually have to tape them and watch them during the day.

One time after my cat died, I was sitting in bed reading and I swear I felt the bed sink like when the cat would jump on the bed. It was near my feet. I felt my legs go down and I looked up from the book but saw nothing. I felt it only once.

by Anonymousreply 6701/21/2011

[quote]I mean a heavy Victorian table stacked upside down on a vase and drawers taken out of cabinets stacked end to end on top of them.%0D %0D Your ghost could totally be in New York Social Diary!

by Anonymousreply 6801/21/2011

"A parapsychologist I know told me that when the human soul moves on to the next realm it goes through a learning process and eventually learns that it can move between existences at will and at a moment's notice. These existences are actually multiple 'heavens' that many religious people believe to be made by God. One heaven may be a beautiful forest, the next a beautiful tropical island, and on and on and on."%0D %0D Your friend sounds like a schizophrenic. How would he know this to be true with any certainty?

by Anonymousreply 6901/21/2011

I never believed in them. Never really thought about ghosts. Never wanted to see one or was in the least bit interested in them. I thought it was all superstition and silly kids stuff. Then in the summer of 92 I found myself staying at a victorian era bed and breakfast in Boston. One night as I was getting ready for bed I turned and noticed a shimmering light hovering next to the bed. I was totally awake, not drunk or stoned and absolutely riveted to this soft glowing light. I watched as this light slowly revealed itself to be a youngish man with dark hair wearing a white t-shirt. He was only visible from the waist up. I could see his face, hair, arms,chest. The most remarkable thing was that the light generated from him!! He illuminated the entire corner of the room. It was not frightening or scary...more fascinating then anything. The apparition looked directly at me them slowly evaporated in a shimmering mist. The entire encounter lasted no more then five minutes. I was stunned and shaken up. When it happens to you it changes your perception on life. I now know that their is something going on....After life??? I don't know...but its something.

by Anonymousreply 7001/21/2011

The funniest part about the self-righteous asshole of a thread ruiner is that he's too stupid to have an understanding of alternate universe theories, multi-verse theories, extradimensional theories, etc., which could manifest in this universe as "ghosts".%0D %0D It's actually thought that the force of gravity is only a fraction of what it should be in our universe because all we feel of it is the part that has slipped through the bounds of another universe. Gravity, by its nature as a force, should be much stronger than it is and scientists can't now account for its weakness.%0D %0D If gravity, the entire basis of our universe, is extradimensional, then other energies and forces can be, too.

by Anonymousreply 7101/22/2011

I don't believe in ghosts, but ghosts believe in me.

by Anonymousreply 7201/22/2011

You know I had an experience and I can't say if what I saw was paranormal or could be explained away- I just don't know. I have no issue with those who say its impossible and no issue with the people who feel ghosts are 100% real.

I do know when someone gets excessively angry and insulting about a difference of opinion or viewpoint that person has a definite problem. Makes me wonder what they are trying to make up for with all the bluster.

by Anonymousreply 7301/22/2011

I've posted this before but I'll repost. My brother's little girl spent a lot of time as a small child at a plantation where her grandma was in charge of the preservation society. This plantation dates back to the some of the earliest settlers and also was home to a "witch" during all that hysteria. Grandma freely admits it's hauntd by several past occupants and used to hear my niece talking and playing with someone. When questioned she said she played with a little boy who used to live there but died a long time ago. Grandma has had to spend the night there on occasion and said she is never comfortable, not threatened, but as if she's being watched and definitely not alone.

by Anonymousreply 7401/22/2011

Can you imagine what an awful life the thread-ruiner leads that he has to come on here and vent anger at complete strangers? Wouldn't it be ironic if, after he died, he came back as a ghost?

by Anonymousreply 7501/22/2011

Don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I believe in residual energy, sorta energy recordings. Like if something really bad happened in a room, that bad energy will linger on long after the event is over.

by Anonymousreply 7601/22/2011

When my grandmother was dying, myself, daughter and mom were by her bedside. I kept seeing a dark grey form hovering at the top of the bed. I noticed my daughter looking around also so I asked what she was staring at. She described the exact thing I was viewing. The only one who did not see it was my mother who is an evil bitch to begin with.%0D Just after that my grandmother sat straight up in bed, pointed to the wall and said "the angels' are here. She passed later on that early morning. Didn't feel afraid but it caused me to think about the fact there can be other forms of beings I don't know about. RIP granny, I miss you daily.

by Anonymousreply 7701/22/2011

I certainly do.

by Anonymousreply 7801/22/2011

Who ya gonna call?

by Anonymousreply 7901/22/2011

Even sceptics can enjoy a good ghost story, so keep them coming!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8101/22/2011

[quote]It's just so strange to me that people are so willing and eager to jump to bizarre and nonsensical conclusions based on little or no evidence

This the basis for religion. So no one should be surprised that it's so pervasive.

by Anonymousreply 8201/22/2011

this *is*

by Anonymousreply 8301/22/2011

Ok here's my story: Unfortunately I was very young so I can't say it's a rock solid memory and for years I still wondered if I was dreaming or imagining things. I asked my mom about it last year and she said "I think so , I can kinda remember that." For my Mom, then means "yes, but I don't want to think about it too much."

My Mom moved in with my Grama - who lived alone after her husband died- right after I was born. The house was small, one level ranch house so I had to share a bed with Grama all growing up (yes we weren't rich.)

One night I was in bed and my grama was getting ready for bed and I was under the covers and my Mom came in to check on me and tuck me in. Grama asked Mom, "Do you have the tv on in the other room- or the radio?" Mom had just shut the house down for the night so no. Nothing was on. Keep in mind, this is a house wherein you can yell "Phone!" from one end of the other without effort. If the back bedroom door is open, you can hear everything in the house.

Grama, paused and said, "do you hear that?" We all listened and sure enough it sounded like a dinner party happening in the other room- except you could only hear it through the bedroom vents. It was the strangest thing. Mom went to check and see if anything was on but there was nothing the whole house was dark. She even went outside to see if the noise was from a neighbors house. Nothing. The whole neighborhood was quiet.

Through the vents we heard muffled laughter and plates clinking. A happy room of muffled voices. After a few minutes, it faded out. Mom and grama thought it was strange but nothing about it was threatening so we all - we they - just forgot about it. I heard it once more that night but never again after that.

At the time the sound was strange, it was not so much like a real sound coming from within the house but like the [italic] memory [/italic] of a sound. My Grandfather built that house for my Gama and him and I learned years later that my grandfather died in that room.

If it actually happened my own personal theory is that this was his happy memory. That moment when you're hosting a party and you take a break to go to the bathroom or kitchen or something and you can hear the waves of laughter coming in through the vents. I've had moments like that since then and I always take special notice because that relaxed happy noise is exactly what i heard back in that room as a small child.

I've never experienced anything like that since, never seen a ghost and I'm very skeptical of them but I can't deny anyone else their own experience or rule it out altogether.

by Anonymousreply 8501/22/2011

There were ghosts in the house I lived in during my teenage years, from '73 to '83. We'd hear loud footsteps-- stomping really-- going down the length of the library, but the second you'd touch the doorknob to yank the door open, it would stop. On several occasions various members of our family were heading upstairs to go to bed, i.e. that person would be the last one to go up, and the powder room door in the downstairs hall would partially close and the light would turn on.

Sometimes, right after you'd gotten into bed and turned off the light, you'd feel someone press down on your shoulder or kick the foot of the bed. It's hard to describe if you don't experience it yourself, but you'd have the feeling that who- or what- ever it did that was merely curious, not evil or bad.

On one occasion, I was grooving around the family room listening to loud music. My family was out, and I still remember that it was Rick James singing "Superfreak." I opened my eyes and there was a man walking across the room right in front of me, about 5 ft away. He wasn't transparent, but he wasn't 100% opaque either. You couldn't see through him, but could tell instantly that he wasn't substantial like a flesh and blood human. He seemed completely unaware of me. even when I gasped, and was gone within a few seconds.

I didn't say anything to my family about it, even though I was a bit freaked out. Frankly, I sort of wondered if maybe I had a brain tumor or something. About a month or two after this experience, my Mom and i were sitiing in the breakfast room talking and she was facing the kitchen. I saw her start and look at something very intently, then shake her head. I said "what?" and looked behind me, but nothing was there. It took a couple minutes to convince her to tell me what she'd seen. She finally said she'd seen a man walk across the end of the kitchen-- he'd walked from the pantry and disappeared into the oven. Her description of ho=im completely matched what I'd seen, down to his hair color, clothes, etc. She said he seemed completely oblivious to us, like he was just on his way somewhere.

Then there was the poltergeist, or whatever it was, that terrorized our 120-pound dog one afternoon. We've always thought that these were entirely different ghosts or manisfestations, maybe different dimensions. The stuff that happened with the powder room and our dog gave us all an extremely uneasy feeling, like something evil was there. The other manifestations felt very neutral and weren't worrisome.

by Anonymousreply 8601/22/2011

There are more logical explanations to ghosts than any evidence of them at all. In older times houses were reliant on kerosene lamps, torches and flame-generated light that naturally cast shadows that made it seem like things were moving. %0D %0D Moonlight coming into through a window could light up sheer curtains making them look like ghosts. %0D %0D Houses used to be made mostly of wood and would settle, which would generate the creaking noises that sounded like footsteps. Wind would whip through older houses through cracks and crevices again generating those sounds. %0D %0D I grew up in a house with upright steel radiators, clanging pipes and steam heat. The sounds you hear as the heat kicks on could scare the pants off anyone, and any cat or dog. %0D %0D Finally, we process dreams every night which come from the subconscious, and it may seem like you're "visited" by dead relatives, etc. %0D %0D And also, there are animals such as mice, squirrels, racoons, cats, dogs, and birds that can also be the source of "mysterious sounds." %0D %0D No, I don't believe in ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 8701/22/2011

R87, good to know it was just raccoons turning on the lights in our powder room and closing the door. That's a relief.

by Anonymousreply 8801/22/2011

R80, was there a part of my use of the word 'could' and my putting the word 'ghosts' in quotes that wasn't understandable? %0D %0D I said nothing about them being anthropomorphic in nature. Reports of ghosts are usually of whisps or shadows or cold spots or electrical manifestations. Those are all energy, force and light based. The reason I discussed the partial gravity theory was to explain what I was talking about. "Ghosts" could be considered holdover energy or partial energy seeping through from another dimension or universe.

by Anonymousreply 8901/22/2011

People dream about dead people all the time. It's the basis of ancestor religions and ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 9001/22/2011

R91, are you suffering from some form of mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 9201/22/2011

R85, that reminds me of something that happened in my house. Very late one night I was reading in bed when I heard muted voices that also sounded like a group of people talking - but it sounded like they were coming from outside. However, this happened in winter, it was freezing out, and it was like 1:00AM, so I knew there wasn't anybody outside (I live in the burbs of a major east coast city). Then the voices became louder and louder, though I still couldn't understand them, and began to move until it sounded like they were actually coming from my living room. Cautiously I crept downstairs and when I was about half way down the steps, the voices completely stopped.

by Anonymousreply 9301/23/2011

I don't deny that ghosts may exist, but I don't really believe they do, no.

by Anonymousreply 9501/23/2011

I don't believe in ghosts (maybe because the thought scares me), but two of my closest friends--very sane and trustworthy guys--have told me on separate occasions the kitchen of my house is haunted.%0D %0D The first friend claims to be a bit of a medium, in that spirits who've passed on "try to get his attention." He likened it to "being able to hear a station on the radio that no one else can hear, and it only comes in once in a while." The second friend doesn't claim to have any such abilities.%0D %0D Both, however, agree that the spirit of a man is bound to a very specific spot in my kitchen. (These two friends have only met once, and have never been in my home simultaneously.) They describe a feeling of cold---altough the spot is directly in front of the oven---and a male energy.%0D %0D The strange thing is that despite having lived in the house for nearly 10 years, none of us (me, my partner, or our dog) have ever seen, heard, or sensed anything odd in the house.

by Anonymousreply 9601/24/2011

I sure do!

by Anonymousreply 9701/24/2011

I love the ghost stories in this thread! Please keep them coming!

by Anonymousreply 9801/24/2011

Not a ghost story but an encounter with Shadow People. When I was in college, I rented a room out of a house owned by a crazy lady. She talked to herself all the time and one time I asked her who she was talking to and she replied, "The Angels." She would get into arguments with them in her room in the dead of night and I would hear her as she yelled at them. I often thought I saw shadows moving very quickly out of the corner of my eyes when I was there. Like you think you see a person standing off to the side, but when you turn your head, there's no one there.

One night, I was lying in my bed with my girlfriend and I was starting to drift off to sleep when a man stood up right next to my bed and scared the crap out of me. I jumped up and actually was sort of screaming and it was enough to wake my g/f who convinced me it was a dream. I figured it was since I was skeptic. I did however, describe the man I saw to her as being completely in shadow but wearing a type of fedora hat and a trench coat or cloak. Years later I was listening to a radio program where people were describing something known as "The Hat Man" as a very common "shadow person" that many people have seen. I went home and googled "Hat man" and got chills because the artist rendering on Wikipedia was EXACTLY what I saw.

After I moved out of that house, I've never seen anymore shadow people. I did once see my mom's cat who passed away in her house. When I told my mom, she laughed and said she and her husband had seen the cat several times in the house after it died.

by Anonymousreply 9901/24/2011

My story: I went to a graveyard in Westchester NY to pay my respects to a friend that passed. I took pictures of her stone, and when I uploaded them that night, there are faces in the pictures of a child and woman. I couldn't move for about an hour after seeing this. The next day, the stereo started coming on by itself and I would smell roses. I left lavender roses for my friend as they were here favorite. This went on for a year until I moved. My friends thought I was crazy, until they experienced the stereo just popping on randomly. It never did that before the graveyard visit. I don't know who or what followed me home, but I truly believe something did.

by Anonymousreply 10001/24/2011

Now see, here's where my skepticism comes out. There was something wrong with your stereo, r100. You should have taken it in for a fix. It was just a coincidence that it happened after your grave visit. You made that connection that it was related because our minds like to make patterns and connections when often there are none.

by Anonymousreply 10101/24/2011

R100 - can you post a link to said pics?

by Anonymousreply 10201/24/2011 ghosts are very common in hauntings. I have "felt' many a cat ghost in Cape May NJ. That towns b&b's are wonderfully haunted if any of you are interested....especially the House of Royal B&B, the John F Craig House. Also the. Bedford...ghost of an old African American housekeeper there. At the Columbia house...I had a dream about cats that was a bit unsettling as I had heard about cat ghosts in that Guest house. All of these places are beautiful b&bs bitches will love them.

by Anonymousreply 10301/25/2011

My Grandmother was a medium and very much a Spiritualist, so I grew up around this. For the most part I never felt what everyone else was picking up on. I spent alot of time in various places that were said to be haunted but while everyone else was going on and on I just waited. My office is in a haunted building, nothing. There were a few times that I have seen ghosts, but in otherwise very ordinary circumstances. Once in a former public building that was now a gallery, once on a street, that sort of thing. Never when slinking around old graveyards or the basements of abandoned mansions. I did see something and hear something in an abandoned childrens hospital, but that was the exception.

by Anonymousreply 10401/25/2011

I've had cat ghost experiences with two of my dead cats and I don't even believe in ghosts. Once, the girl jumped on my bed and snuggled up and the boy would often run by my ankles. It was fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 10501/25/2011

I was shopping once in a supermarket when I started walking behind this teenage girl. She was dressed strangely and I at first couldn't pick it out. then I realized that she was wearing these flared bellbottoms that just were so out of date. They were so dirty, splashed with mud. I was like what does she think this is the 60's? I realized that she was not from the area, she seemed to be so out of place. As I turned the corner at the end of the aisle she had stopped to look at something in a bin. I turned around again to see what she was doing and she was just staring at me and smiling this big smile. Her teeth were all rotted and some had fallen out. Her hair was seriously dirty and it was then that I realized she was some sort of ghost. The supermarket was on a major highway and many hitchhikers back I'm the 60's and 70's would use it to bum rides. This poor girl had clothes on from another era and for some reason picked me to come through to. Absolutely chilling...

by Anonymousreply 10601/25/2011

R99- Thank you. I saw The Hat Man twice when I was probably 7 maybe 10 years old. He walked past my window on two occasions. I recall it like it was yesterday but never told anyone. But yep, that's him. I saw him from the side, he slightly slump shouldered.

by Anonymousreply 10701/25/2011

What the hell is going on with these two posters having this ridiculously pointless, immature fight on this thread? What are you trying to accomplish by your angry rebuttals and blind psychological accusations? Do you really think you are going to make the other person cave in and finally agree with you?

Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is entertainment - lighten up, you are ruining it for the rest of us. Get some manners! Fucking DROP IT you idiots.

by Anonymousreply 10801/25/2011

This shadow man is intriguing and would make a great movie subject.

by Anonymousreply 10901/25/2011

The ghostly tales from real nurses are entertaining and in some cases disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 11001/25/2011

When I was about nine years old I was staying at my cousins apartment for the day. It was myself, my cousin Bobby who was five and his sister who was thirteen. At about noon we heard yelling from the apartment next door, but didn't think much of it. Kid's yelling isn't unusual. After a short time we saw smoke rolling by the balcony and ran out to see the apartment next door burning. The balconies shared a common divider wall that we could see through but it went to the ceiling and we were five stories up. I looked through and saw an adult lying on the floor and a young girl pressed against the sliding door trying to open it but it must have been locked. This was probably only a few seconds but it seemed like I stood there watching her pull on the door for a long time. I remember her arms jerking violently every time as if her bones would break. My cousin grabbed Bobby and I and we ran down the stairs as the trucks pulled up. It all happened very quickly but when we were downstairs I started screeming that there was a girl trapped, she couldn't get the door open. By this point I was hysterical. We sat on the lawn opposit the parking lot watching the building burn. When the fire was out we just waited for hours, unable to re-enter the building and shaking not from the cold but the ordeal. At about three I looked up at the burned out apartment and saw the fire investigators milling about, and then I saw the girl standing there just inside by where the door had been. I was so relieved and really thought that she had survived, but of course she had not. We found out that everyone had died, that the mother had set fire to the apartment and cut half severed her head with a butcher knife. Her two children burned to death. I was so convinced that she was alive that I managed to slip past the tape and hid in the hallway untill I could get to the apartment. I was stopped when I rounded the corner and actually saw her body on a stretcher being photographed. I knew that it was her even though she was so burned and contorted that she almost looked as if she were made of shiny wood. I saw her once again when helping my cousins retrieve there belongings three days later. I stepped onto the balcony and peered around into the apartment. I didn't expect to see anything but a burned out shell but I saw her standing back in the hallway. I burst out crying and must have fainted because I woke up downstairs where they had carried me. I didn't tell anyone about what I had seen, the girl trying to free herself, her body or her ghost for years.

by Anonymousreply 11101/25/2011

I also saw the Hat Man once! This was in 1999 and I had come home from work one afternoon and was very tired. I laid down on my bed, and my bedroom door was open. I was just drifting off to sleep (lying on my back) when to my right, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black misty shape just outside my bedroom door in the hallway. The shape was in the figure of a man about 6 feet tall, in profile, and he/it looked to be wearing a 1930s/1940s style fedora hat. I was terrified and I couldn't move. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out, and my arms and legs were paralyzed. I don't know how exactly long this lasted, but it might have been less than a minute. Then the Hat Man was gone and I could move again. I've never been so frightened in my life! I lived in that apartment for about 9 more months and never had any other incidents.

by Anonymousreply 11201/25/2011

Spectral earings.

Ectoplasmic caftans.

by Anonymousreply 11301/25/2011

I had a nieghbor who had a priest do an exorcism because of a "demonic stench". He ended up relacing his sewer line after several months. No more demon.

by Anonymousreply 11401/26/2011

I found that allnurses forum when my mother was home on hospice. I was looking to read about hospice experiences and found the ghost thread. There are some very interesting stories there.

I posted earlier in the thread about the man looking out the window at me, but there was another thing that happened that the allnurses mention made me think of . It might have been the drugs talking because my mother was heavily medicated near the end- she would have completely lucid moments and moments where at least we ASSUMED she was out of it. She was staring at a corner of the room intently- very odd expression. I asked her what was wrong and she said- Don't you see the man in the gray suit over there? She said he was standing and looking at her- she didn't know who he was- This was maybe two weeks before she died. I thought then it was either the medication or the fact that she was so ill. I read on the nurses forum that dying people go through a process called sundowning and that could have been it-- I don't know- no one can know for sure. Many times I would see her looking at what I saw were empty places in the room- and I didn't ask her why- and she didn't say. I was frankly afraid to ask- I couldn't accept that she was going to go. I wish I had asked her now.

by Anonymousreply 11501/26/2011

I had intimate relations with one once. What "ghosts" you say? I thought you said "goats".

by Anonymousreply 11601/26/2011

Please don't bump this after 7 p.m. Though I don't believe in ghosts, it's too spooky to read after dark and it's impossible not to open the thread when it pops up at any time.

by Anonymousreply 11701/26/2011

by Anonymousreply 11801/26/2011

I agree with r117.

by Anonymousreply 11901/26/2011

I have sat ain bed late at night reading datalounge and heard things in my kitchen. I have a small apartment and you get used to noises. This sounded like a glass clicking and someone crying. If I could tell you now that I didn't hear these things it would have been okay...but there I was. I looke around my bedroom door peering around the corner amd there shewas... a woman in the oddest clothing which if I could date I would say was 1930's era...a longer skirt. Pale as a ghost....I was scared shitless let me tell you. I turned away and looked back and she uad disappeared. W.t.f.

by Anonymousreply 12001/26/2011

here's a crazy veggie story:%0D %0D i had this crazy dream about a roller coaster ending in a slaughter house. there were butchered animals all over the place. i just became a vegie, so it kinda made sense. BUT i woke up startled about the dream, looked in the mirror across the room and there was a transparent "bozo" clown in the mirror laughing at me. i could not hear the laugh. thought i was still dreaming and pinched myself. nope,no dream and it was still there. i covered my head and asked god to make it go away.%0D %0D i had not read "the stand," but did have the book. (actually in the closet behind the wall where the mirror was! hmmm...). anyway, the tv movie did come out soon after and freaked me out. %0D %0D researching and asking, some said it may have been loki, the trickster spirit, playing with my head, or was it some other "thing." i don't know. i sure protect myself everyday. i have not seen anything like that since, and can't say i want to and i've seen lots of things.

by Anonymousreply 12101/26/2011

That sight with the nurses telling their stories is spooky as hell.

by Anonymousreply 12201/27/2011

by Anonymousreply 12301/29/2011

im convinced the house i lived in as a kid was haunted, or at least something weird as fuck was going on in there that i just cant explain, and my whole family agrees with that, so it wasnt just a case of an over active imagination. one day my dad asked whatever it was to leave because it was scaring us kids and after that nothing ever happened again. and no im not making this up.

by Anonymousreply 12401/29/2011

I have experienced the "name" phenomena. My experience is a little different because it was not directed at me but to my mother....And I heard it!! My mom was very close friends with a woman named Lillian. They were friends for at least 50 years and would often spend afternoons shopping and running around town together. Lillian had a very distinct sharp voice and could be heard through solid concrete if she wanted. She always called my Mom Pat and when visiting would start calling her name as she walked down the driveway to the house. We would hear "Pat...Pat..Pat.. Like a World War 2 air raid siren until Lillian walked in the back door. I was very familiar with her voice. Poor Lillian had a major stroke and died when she was 84 or so. My Mom took it hard and missed her dearly. About 6 months after Lillian passed away, Mom and I were shopping at a department store where Lillian and my mom would often frequent. The store was kinda empty with plenty of deserted isles and no sales people in sight. We were just walking together, I was holding Mom's arm for support when all of a sudden' as clear and loud as can be , we both heard ' PAT' in Lillian's unmistakable voice.!! I looked at my Mom and said " Did you hear that"....She looked at me as calm as a cucumber and said.." Yes, It was Lillian". I got chills up and down my spine!!! It did not sound like it came from anywhere in particular...not from behind or from in front. It just sounded like it was right in my ear. We talked about it often and later my Mom also told me she heard my father call her name after he passed away. I don't doubt it for one moment. Because of my Moms very accepting, relaxed attitude about the other side I have never questioned its existence or feared it. I can however spot a phony a mile away...Hear that Silvea Brown?? Also because of my own personal experiences I have come to accept that there is wayyyyyyyy more out there that us silly humans can ever comprehend. And thank God for that!!!

by Anonymousreply 12501/31/2011

Please don't wait until dark to post your spook stories.

by Anonymousreply 12601/31/2011

Gary Numan's song, "Are friends electric?", was inspired by a, 'Hatman' encounter he had as a young man in the London subway.

by Anonymousreply 12701/31/2011

Craig Mcmanus...your welcome ghost bitches.

by Anonymousreply 12801/31/2011

I, too, have experience the hat man, however I later discovered that he is most likely connected to experiences during Sleep Paralysis. %0D When I was visited by the hat man, I was overwhelmed by a feeling of pure evil, almost as if the hat man was the devil itself.

by Anonymousreply 12901/31/2011

I have experienced the " Caftan and Earrings Man". Frightening experience. He sang show tunes at the foot of my bed.

by Anonymousreply 13002/01/2011

Yes, very much so. Awfull experience.

by Anonymousreply 13102/01/2011

I was the one who posted the original Hat Man story. I do think it's possible it was related to Sleep paralysis but what's odd is it has only happened that one time to me. Usually people with Sleep Paralysis have repeated experiences. Mine happened almost 20 years ago and I've never had it happen again.

by Anonymousreply 13202/01/2011

My father claimed he saw his father's ghost at his office late one night over thirty years ago. He was having some heart issues at the time, and felt his father was trying to warn him. He hightailed it out of there, and my mother said he was terrified.

A few years ago, I was visiting, and watching the news in the family room. My dad's bedroom was just off it. In the corner of my eye I thought I saw a figure going into his room. I dismissed it. A couple of days later, my mother asked me if I had "seen anything". like a figure going into my Dad's room. She'd seen it too. Not directly but out of the corner of your eye. It happened to both of us a few times after that.

I figured it was my Grandfather warning my dad about his health. A month later he was diagnosed with cancer. He saw someone at the top of the stairs later on. My dad eventually died.

I put their house on the market soon after he died. My brothers girlfriend was there by herself sorting some stuff out one day. She claims she could hear something, like someone banging on a pot with a spoon.

When my dad was bedridden, I gave him a pot to bang on with a spoon if he needed help. Bad idea. He drove me crazy with the banging all the time.

When the girlfriend told me I thought, "Christ, he took that fucking pot with him into the afterlife".

by Anonymousreply 13302/01/2011

132- I had a single episode of sleep paralysis several years ago and believe me, once was plenty.

In a way I was lucky- mine happened in broad open daylight- I could see everything in the room but I was absolutely positively convinced that something in my closet was going to do awful things to me. I was terrified. I have no idea how long- it must have been only a few minutes- but I finally realized that was ridiculous. I took a while before I could move my body and then I went right online to find out what the fuck just happened.

I have no doubt- had that room been pitch black- I would have seen an alien, a ghost, a monster, the hat man- take your pick. Not to discount anyone elses experiences- but sleep paralysis- you believe what is happening like its the gospel.

by Anonymousreply 13402/01/2011

i used to get sleep paralysis all the time as a teenager, it's was so terrifying i used to just stay awake for as long as i could. this one time i felt something scratch down my back, like really digging its nails in and breaking skin and it was so painful and felt so real, but i couldnt move atall or make a sound. When i finally snapped out of it i even went to check in the mirror for marks but there was nothing. ive had hundreds of similar experiences, and every time there was this "presence" of pure evil, like something was watching me and meant me harm. The very worst ones were when i couldnt breathe because i really thought i might die. im so glad i hardly ever get that anymore because it really was hell.

by Anonymousreply 13502/01/2011

Nope. I once read this article about the physics of ghosts (or something like that). Basically it used common sense, logic, and the laws of physics to point out all the stupid inconsistencies in ghost stories. Ghosts are like God - once you use your brain to think them through - it becomes obvious that they don't exist.

There are no such things as demons, miracles, magic, wizards, witches, vampires, ghosts, spirits, gods, heaven, hell......

by Anonymousreply 13602/01/2011

r136 , please explain how a reasonably heavy glass slid by itself,without any force applied to it, aross a flat horizontal surface, to fall and smash on the floor. Or explain how a heavy chunk of metal could rise up in the air by itself and then fall back down again, in a room with all windows and doors closed??? And i wasnt alone in seeing these things, so i wasnt hallucinating, and none of us were on drugs or drunk. These are just a couple of examples out of the many strange incidents

by Anonymousreply 13702/01/2011

I've never seen a ghost and I generally don't believe in the paranormal, BUT:

When I was a teenager, we moved into a house that was around 40 years old. Everything creaked and I felt uncomfortable in it, but I wasn't paying the mortgage so my opinion didn't matter :)

Here's where the ghost story begins. I wasn't allowed to go out and party like normal kids, so I'd spend most of my time in my room listening to music. One night, I thought I heard a baby crying, so I turned down the music and listened more closely. It seemed like 3 or 4 times during the course of a couple of minutes, I heard what sounded like a baby crying. It sounded like it was coming from the basement, but eventually I just figured that my mind was playing tricks on me.

The following day I grabbed the mail, and as I was looking to see if there was anything for me, I came across a postcard that was addressed to the previous owner of our house. It was from a local hospital advertising a support group for parents who had lost young children.

Part of me wondered if the previous owners' baby had died, but it freaked me out too much to dwell on something like that.

by Anonymousreply 13802/01/2011

I was not paralyzed when I saw The Hat Man. He was not inside my room but I saw him outside the window. The first time I was 8. The curtains were open looking out onto the side of the neighbors house, there was a full moon. There were two windows in this room both looking out onto the same scene. The hat man appeared in the right window, he walked into the frame, turned and briefly for a second or two looked into my room, then proceed to go along towards the back yard. I called my dad and told him somebody was beside the house. Being from Texas my dad got his gun and went outside. There was nothing, it was a still and quiet evening.

The next time I saw two people. It was probably two years later and I was now sleeping in the back bedroom (which looked out onto the back yard). I was not thinking of the shadow figure I firs saw, in fact he was forgotten. Suddenly a smaller figure appeared at the window, it was bald and looked like the shadow my friend Kevin would make but Kevin lived across town and would never be in my back yard, the Kevin thing walked by towards the fence, then the Hat Man appeared as if he were following Kevinthing. Kevin thing was not running away they just seemed to be walking together. Hat Man looked in my window again and this time sort of nodded (I think). Again I ran to my Dad's room.

Both these figures, were they human would have walked straight into a fence and would have had a bunch of dogs howling like hell. 7

Dad got his guns and went outside, nothing.

I told him the whole truth and he explained it away by saying that someone was probably is the park and walked in between a streetlight and my curtains. The park was half a block away. These figures were inches from my window. I knew Dad was trying to console me or at least dimiss the problem.

I never saw either figure again but I still think maybe I will one day.

Years later my friend Dan told me that he has been seeing the HatMan for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 13902/02/2011

The question is, do ghosts believe in me?

by Anonymousreply 14002/02/2011

Me too, R35. When I was 17 and at uni I lived in a house with my friends. There were a lot of drugs, a lot of 'fast times' and so on leading to a point where we stole 4 shopping trolleys and rode them down the street. We ended up at a gas station and I managed to steal some pies, chocolate bars etc. Fine... The next morning I was lying in bed and I heard my flatmates talking about me in detail. (They were both actually at work at the time). Then came the knock at the door. The knock lasted for a while and the person who was knocking opened the door and came in (I was still in bed, but awake). He came into my bedroom (I remember the door opening nd feeling complete terror...He introduced himself as Sargent ______ and proceeded to interview me (in bed) regarding the shoplifting of the previous night. He went on and on. I was freaked out and told him a limited amount of details. My flatmates came home and I confronted them. Had anyone heard of sargent ______ etc - they all thought I was crazy. We rang all the pollce stations in the city - no guy going by that name existed. I never found out who he was but that name still freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 14102/02/2011

Why ghosts can't walk through walls, wear clothes, make footstep noises, talk, make things move, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14202/02/2011

There are no such things as ghosts. The dead do not return to the living. What is out there is even scarier. What people perceive as ghosts are really evil entities masquerading as so-called ghosts. That is it, Peeps, in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 14302/02/2011

After all this talk about the Hat Man -- I was browsing the NY Times website and accidentally clicked on this slideshow.

by Anonymousreply 14402/02/2011

One winter night I decided to go take a walk near the Mississppi river at around midnight. The further along I walked I started to sense something was watching or following me from within the trees. I got kind of uncomfortable and decided to see if i can find another path on the other side of the road. I crossed the road in hopes of finding another path. Well, it turned out to my surprise there wasn't any walking path but just a ditch! So, I ran back across the road to get back on the path, where I originally started, and to my surprise I saw a reflection of myself dress all in white running super fast through all the trees. My initial reaction was what the hell was that? But I kept calm and ignored it and started to walk back home. Eventually, I didn't stop to think about it again till I reached a bridge that cross over the river. As I was still trying to wrap my head around what I just saw, an sweet old couple stopped by, pull out of there car and asked me if I was alright. They thought I was going to jump into the river. lol! The End.

by Anonymousreply 14502/02/2011

r145, I think I saw your story in an old Tales Of The Darkside episode. A woman kept seeing her own ghost.%0D %0D Nice try, though!

by Anonymousreply 14602/03/2011

I am sure ghost do exist. I don't know exactly what they are but I have had enough experiences to know, for whatever reason, they are there and they can be real assholes.

by Anonymousreply 14702/03/2011

I'm kind of agnostic or athiest but I can not deny the paranormal. I know things happen that we can not find any logical explaination for. I would think anyone who is my age, would understand.

by Anonymousreply 14802/03/2011

We weren't allowed to believe in ghosts -- my Mom's father would lecture my Mom on how whatever it was she thought was a ghost had a logical explanation, and my father felt the same way, so we had both parents who scoffed at the idea, or at the idea of any paranormal activity.

All that said, one of Mom's and Dad's favorite shows when we were growing up were reruns of "One Step Beyond."

by Anonymousreply 14902/03/2011

I know of a voice story, a grandmother warning her daughter that her son was about ready to fall off some stairs. Three people heard the voice.

by Anonymousreply 15002/03/2011

"One time after my cat died, I was sitting in bed reading and I swear I felt the bed sink like when the cat would jump on the bed. It was near my feet. I felt my legs go down and I looked up from the book but saw nothing. I felt it only once."%0D %0D One of my cats died in an instant, hit by a car. I would often feel him jump on my bed, as he always did. Was it him or my imagination? I don't know.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 15102/03/2011

Your imagination. You wanted him to be there so much, which is natural.

by Anonymousreply 15202/03/2011

once or twice i have heard/felt something kick my bed, or bedroom door, i once heard my name called out to me as a child, it was a crystal clear female voice, i even asked "what?" but obviously got no answer. i heard/felt a lot of spooky shit as a kid but its become much less frequent as i get older, apart from my imagination freaking me out sometimes. Im still not sure that i believe in "ghosts" but i think its stupid to deny that these bizarre things do go on. Sure, some people lie and make up stories to scare people, but are we ALL making it up? and sure there are often logical explanations, but some of these things just can't be explained.

by Anonymousreply 15302/03/2011

r153 = Linda Blair

by Anonymousreply 15402/03/2011

I did not believe in ghosts until I saw the film of the Hampton Court ghost. Now I am not sure.

by Anonymousreply 15502/03/2011

I had that exact experience, R129 - hat man, horrible feeling of evil. I do not know what it was, but I do not think it was "sleep paralysis", which seems like an incredibly weak explanation.

by Anonymousreply 15602/03/2011

There are no ghosts, per se, but there is evil lurking out there, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 15702/03/2011

A ghost named Large Marge gave me a lift once.

by Anonymousreply 15802/04/2011

I gave Large Marge a lift one day.

by Anonymousreply 15902/04/2011

Large Marge was the d.j. at Bedlam last night.

by Anonymousreply 16002/04/2011

I believe in the ghost of neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 16102/04/2011

Yes sir. It was the worst accident I ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 16202/04/2011

I've never heard of the Hat Man until I started reading this thread. I did some research and the description made me freak!%0D %0D About 10 years ago, me and my BF at the time were standing at the bar of a local hang out. It was pretty empty and this guy comes in, trench coat, fedora, 50s or so. My BF and I looked at each other and one of us said, that guy looks like something out of the Twilight Zone. He really looked like something out a different era. He drank his beer and left. It gave us the creeps.%0D %0D About 2 years ago, BF is long gone, I'm living in the same neigborhood but different place. I see the guy come out of a building two doors from my apartment building, looking exactly the same.%0D %0D I have been living here 8 years or so. I had never seen him before (except at the bar that night and the bar is a 20 minute walk from here) and have never seen him since.%0D %0D Weird

by Anonymousreply 16302/05/2011

Never mind that,r163.Give us the scoop as to why the BF is gone!

by Anonymousreply 16402/05/2011

The hat men at r144 link are scarier than all fuck.

by Anonymousreply 16502/06/2011

I really need to pee but this thread has me too scared to move.

Kudos! More stories, please.

by Anonymousreply 16602/06/2011

R164, it had nothing to do with the Hat Man, at least I don't think it did.%0D %0D He moved to the states from the UK so we could be together, after 4 years or so, he still hadn't gotten on his feet or felt at home, missed his friends, family and England in general. We gave it shot and it didn't work. We are still friends.

by Anonymousreply 16702/06/2011

Hatman is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 16802/06/2011

These people believe in ghosts. Or else it's a publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 16902/07/2011

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 17002/07/2011

Thx 163/167 for the update.%0D %0D I always need to know these things. :)

by Anonymousreply 17102/09/2011

r172 = skanky

by Anonymousreply 17302/09/2011

Will the "pussy cheese" guy please give it a rest?

by Anonymousreply 17402/09/2011

i think there are lots of phenomena out there that we don't understand, which one day will have a logical explanation. with that being said, everyone in my family has had encounters with our parents & other (passed) loved ones, mostly sounds in my parents house (where my baby brother lives). my father likes to clear his throat and walk in the kitchen. my brother's family gets quite spooked.%0D %0D one night "something" moved my pink crocs across the room. i don't sleep walk. i take comfort in it, and sometimes laugh at my mother's little "tricks." she's a prankster, and had a thing about shoes. during stressful times, my father paces in front of my bedroom door to offer his presence as support and protection. i recognize his footsteps in his workshoes he always wore. sometimes when something good has happened without my knowledge, he hangs around to see my surprise and joy. he waits outside my door some more, just puttering around like all dads do. %0D %0D i think there are also "place memories" in which you can see a glimpse of a former resident or visitor. i don't think there is much communication involved in these events. i think quantum physics and certain philosophical beliefs about the "reality" of time can explain these events one day.%0D %0D i do not believe the dead can hurt us. fear the living, not the dead.

by Anonymousreply 17502/09/2011

There comes a point in your life when you realize:%0D %0D %0D Who matters,%0D %0D Who never did,%0D %0D Who won't anymore...%0D %0D And who always will.%0D %0D So, don't worry about people from your past,%0D %0D there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.%0D

by Anonymousreply 17602/10/2011

i'm a thread killer.

by Anonymousreply 17702/10/2011

R175 is schizophrenic, and R176 is an especially sophisticated Hallmark card.

by Anonymousreply 17802/10/2011

A few years ago, I was drinking to the point where I knew I had a problem. I was at my family's summer place,an old house that my grandparents bought when their kids were young, and has been the site of many family gatherings and vacations for three generations. I got up there early and planned to spend a few days there by myself relaxing. My parents and my sister and her kids were coming on the weekend.%0D %0D On my second afternoon there alone, I decided happy hour would start at 4 pm. I was planning to tie one on. I went to the liquor store and picked up my booze of choice and a few packs of cigarettes because I smoke like a chimney when I drink. I got back to the house, put the bag on the counter and went upstairs to put on my bathing suit as I planned to take a cocktail shaker down to the lake. On my way back downstairs, I swear I was pushed. I fell all the way down a flight of stairs, so hard that I had multiple fractures in my leg and hand.%0D %0D I believe the ghost of my grandfather, uncle or grandmother pushed me down the stairs to keep me from drinking. Both my grandfather and uncle died young of alcohol related causes. I feel like they interceded to keep me from harm that afternoon or to get me to stop drinking (and smoking) once and for all. %0D %0D Several days in the hospital, 2 months recuperating at my parents house in a wheelchair, six months on crutches, three surgeries and months of physical therapy was just what I needed to give up booze for good. That year was hell for me, but not drinking was relatively easy. I still get urges now and again but now I have a mental image of the ghost of my grandma (I think it was her, and she was angry at me) ready to push me down a flight of stairs to knock some sense into me.

by Anonymousreply 17902/11/2011

boo bump

by Anonymousreply 18002/13/2011

I've finally got some time to contribute to this thread, so this post will be long, probably in two parts. My answer is Yes, I do believe.%0D %0D To begin with, the females on my mother's side of the family are very intuitive. Both my mom and sister have called me through the years, when I've been in crisis, to find out what is going on. My niece was barely old enough to talk when her father was killed, and she began %E2%80%9Cseeing%E2%80%9D him regularly. She%E2%80%99d say things like %E2%80%9CPapi came to see me last night%E2%80%9D or, once, she and I were walking through the woods at my mom%E2%80%99s house and she said %E2%80%9CWhy is Papi watching us? Can%E2%80%99t he come with us?%E2%80%9D%0D %0D So I%E2%80%99ve always believed that there were things happening around me, but I just wasn%E2%80%99t tuned in.%0D %0D Until my partner and I moved into our home five years ago. %0D %0D This house was built in 1923, with a basement that was just renovated and finished out before we moved in. The new master bedroom is downstairs, with plenty of garden windows and light (not scary). However, the first night we slept in it we both heard music%E2%80%A6 very high, clear notes, like a music box or a carousel organ? We could never really identify it. We would get up to open the windows to see if it was the neighbors, we would go through the rest of the house%E2%80%A6nothing. It would even wake us up. We solved that problem by turning on a fan to make white noise and drown it out.%0D %0D Then we began to hear footsteps in the upstairs hallway. One particular example is that I was downstairs one afternoon working at my desk, and heard someone walking the length of the upstairs hallway, from the bedroom at the back of the house all the way to the front of the house. The dogs took off running upstairs, and I assumed that my partner had come in. But he had not.%0D %0D So skip forward a year or so, and now we%E2%80%99ve moved our desk and computer up against an external wall upstairs, which, if we%E2%80%99re sitting at it, means our back is to the hallway and center of the house. I began to feel presence, like someone was looking over my shoulder. Several times I would speak out to my partner, knowing that he was there, but he wasn%E2%80%99t. Sometimes at night if he was already in bed, I would be working at my desk (or watching TV) and swear that someone was standing in the hallway door.%0D %0D I finally told my partner what I was feeling, and he got a look of surprise on his face %E2%80%93 he was experiencing the same thing, from the same place.%0D %0D On occasion when we slept in the upstairs guest room, a female voice would wake us up talking, but just barely audible. Once we start talking, it stops. %0D %0D Our dogs, even to this day will wake up and charge, barking, into the kitchen, as if someone has just come in through the hallway or kitchen door.%0D %0D I understand that it is unusual (takes a lot of energy?) for a spirit to move things, but I have had a spoon on the stove fly over and bounce off of the kitchen island. This happened when a friend of mine was visiting and helping me cook, and it happened right under our noses %E2%80%93 I was kind of freaked out, but he took it in stride, then told me about the %E2%80%9Cvoices%E2%80%9D he had heard while he and his partner were sleeping in our guest room. We had not told him about our experiences in that room.%0D %0D Several years ago my partner%E2%80%99s brother stayed with us for about six weeks, and told us that he was having trouble sleeping in that room (we had not told him anything, either). He said that he%E2%80%99d be laying there and it sounded like someone was running a finger up the window blinds, and that he heard voices. He began sleeping with a radio on.%0D %0D More in the next post...%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 18102/21/2011

We had been here about two years when things started to get worse. We began hearing the %E2%80%9Cnoise%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94which sounds like someone dropping a stack of magazines on the hardwood floor, right in the middle of the upstairs hallway. Sometimes it would happen right behind our backs, sometimes we%E2%80%99d hear it when we were in bed at night. We could never find a source of the noise, and nothing was ever out of place.%0D %0D Then things began to start happening in the basement. We had never been afraid of the downstairs, but there were times when the hair on our necks would stand up, and again, it just felt like we were not alone. Sometimes I%E2%80%99d be walking down the staircase and my body would stop, as if it just didn%E2%80%99t want to walk all the way to the bottom. The air began to feel different, just %E2%80%9Cflat%E2%80%9D and stale. Not all of the time, but enough for us to notice and begin talking about it. Then my partner began to wake up at night and see a dark shadow, moving from our bedroom door, across the room past the foot of our bed, and out the wall. Several times he said that he would wake up and it was standing on his side of the bed, looking at us.%0D %0D One time I was in the bedroom and, as clear as day, I heard a male voice say my name. I started praying and left.%0D %0D We finally called the local %E2%80%9Cghost hunter%E2%80%9D group here in our town. They came one night to take EVPs while my partner, the dogs and I left to stay in a motel.%0D %0D Several weeks later, they met back at our house to give us the results. To begin with, they had researched and found out that there had been two deaths in our home--one from natural causes and the other by suicide. When they mentioned the suicide, my voice spoke and said %E2%80%9Cin the basement.%E2%80%9D I have no idea why I said that, but I know it is true and don%E2%80%99t ask me how.%0D %0D The EVPs were quite interesting. To begin with, they captured a little girl%E2%80%99s voice singing in our bedroom downstairs. That felt right to me, as the high, clear tones were like what we had heard a couple of years earlier. %0D %0D Next, was another EVP captured in our bedroom. As part of their protocol, the investigators will announce themselves and what they are doing as they set up sound equipment and move through the house. This one man (I%E2%80%99ll call him John) was setting up the microphone and introducing himself, and the minute he said %E2%80%9CMy name is John%E2%80%9D a male voice said %E2%80%9CJOHN!%E2%80%9D%0D %0D They spent a lot of time in the guest bedroom, recording many taps and knocks. Another EVP captured in that room was a female voice that said %E2%80%9CMy name is Tess.%E2%80%9D %0D %0D The group also recorded the follow-up session where they were giving us the results, and picked up yet another EVP. At one point they are telling us that they%E2%80%99d like to come back and do it all again with cameras, because they think there would be stronger evidence. A male voice says %E2%80%9CFind it!%E2%80%9D I use that one for my ringtone!%0D %0D The advice from the society was to 1) have the home blessed and the entities banished, or 2) set our boundaries with the entities and make them behave as if they were any other houseguest. Since we never felt in danger that was what we decided to do, and after praying and saging thehouse and setting our rules (no scariness, no more noise in the hallway, no more intimidating us on the stairway) things calmed down. We felt that more than anything, the entities were trying to get our attention, and we acknowledge them regularly now, saying things like goodbye, take care of the dogs, etc.%0D %0D More in the next post.

by Anonymousreply 18202/21/2011

Before you finish your post, r181, can you tell us if your 1920s house has a cooling cabinet?

by Anonymousreply 18302/21/2011

Enjoyed your posts very much GreenJeans. If you have any other experiences, please share. :)

by Anonymousreply 18502/21/2011

Green Jeans, I'm reading your stories on a sunny day, people all around me, and still i have goose flesh.

Thanks for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 18602/22/2011

Have you seen "Celebrity Ghost Stories"? It's a great show. I'm always blown away with the ghost stories they tell. I can't imagine what a celebrity would gain by lying about these things, so I tend to believe them all.

by Anonymousreply 18702/22/2011

Boo bump

by Anonymousreply 18803/03/2011

I find Celebrity Ghost Stories too boring to watch, between the lame "re-enactments" and the eternity it takes for the actor to finally spit out the story.

by Anonymousreply 18903/06/2011

Bumping for a good one I heard tonight.

My friend grew up in a log cabin her aging hippie parents built in the woods. The house was situated at a crossroads. Across the street was a picturesque 19th century cemetery, small and long since full.

At the age of six my friend told her parents all about her imaginary friend, "Ninna." She enthusiastically described Ninna as a girl slightly older than herself who had died in a fire. She added that Ninna had a sister Julia who was blinded in the fire but survived. Where she got this tale from she didn't know, only that it was what came to her as she scouted about the wooded lawn looking for invisible friends.

At one corner of the parents' property there was a large soft spot dug into the otherwise settled forest floor. The family used this as a burn pit of sorts. When there was no fire going my friend and her siblings played in and around it all the time.

Years after she told her parents about Ninna they informed my friend that the burn pit had once been the location of a one-room schoolhouse. It burned down in a fire in which several people including children were killed. Some of the victims were buried in the cemetery across the road.

My friend searched among the old tombstones for a girl named Ninna but never found her. The realization that Ninna must have been a nickname (for Virginia? Pennina? Lavinia?) didn't come to her until she was older and too spooked to go back and look again.

by Anonymousreply 19003/06/2011

That's some spooky stuff, GreenJeans. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 19103/06/2011

Fascinating posts GreenJeans. I wonder if such detailed accounts will make any naysayers think again.

by Anonymousreply 19203/06/2011

Loved your posts, Green Jeans!

by Anonymousreply 19303/06/2011

by Anonymousreply 19403/15/2011

no more bumps in the night, please

by Anonymousreply 19503/18/2011

ooh ooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooh

by Anonymousreply 19603/24/2011

bump in da night

by Anonymousreply 19704/10/2011

by Anonymousreply 19805/24/2011

No, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't believe in vampires, witches, werewolves, mermaids, leprechans, pixies, the Loch Ness Monster, or Bigfoot, either.

by Anonymousreply 19905/24/2011

Thanks for your immeasurable contribution, worthless, cranky asshole at R199.

by Anonymousreply 20005/27/2011

ok, I'll tell mine.

A few years ago I was on a business trip to another city. We were put up at the best hotel in town, which at the time was only about four years old. A colleague, who was staying in another room on the same floor, came by for a chat. The room had the typical hotel layout... the bathroom near the door forming a small hall, a king size bed, and two chairs and a table in front of the windows. My colleague was sitting in one of the chairs on my left, in front of the windows. I was sitting on the bed with my back to the wall. As we chatted, I kept seeing movement in the room, in my peripheral vision, so I would turn my head to my right, away from my friend, to try to see what it was that caught my eye several times. Finally, he asked me "What are you doing, are you ok?" I replied "Oh, nothing. I just thought I saw something." As soon as I said that, a figure appeared in the room at the foot of the bed. I hesitate to call it a ghost because I don't know what it was. But we both saw a figure in the room. I looked at my friend to see if he was looking at it, and he was. I'm not sure how long it was, maybe only a minute or so, but we both just sat there staring at this presence in the room. It, the figure, then moved across the room toward the door and bathroom, and disappeared from view. My friend then said to me "Did you see that?!" I wasn't sure what it was I saw, so I answered "Did I see what? What did you see?" He then described exactly what it was that I saw, confirming without a doubt that neither of us imagined it or hallucinated. We both saw exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. I then felt a bit spooked (pun intended) and said "I'm not staying in this room tonight. I'm going down to the desk and getting another room." He said "I'm not staying on this floor tonight, I'm going with you." He had brought his dog with him, which was still in his room down the hall. As we weren't coming back up here that night, we went to his room to get his dog. To get from his room to the elevator, we had to go back past my room. As we approached my room, the dog suddenly stopped and all the dog's hair on it's back stood up straight. He couldn't budge his dog, it refused to go further, closer to my room. It stood there frozen stiff, hair on end, growling with bared teeth, staring at the door to my room. So he picked up his dog and carried it past my room. For us two, this was the freakiest part, that the dog knew there was something in my room and was greatly disturbed by it. So we got our other rooms for the night. The next day I felt calmed down and a bit silly. I checked out of my replacement room and went back to my original room which I had not checked out of. I was determined that if there was something in my room, I would face it and deal with it. I stayed up late watching tv, waiting for the figure to reappear. Eventually I grew dead tired and went to sleep, a bit disappointed that nothing had happened. I'm not sure how much later it was, but I was awakened by the sound of someone walking around in my room, and I could hear the papers on the dresser being moved, you know that sound of shuffling paper. I had the clich%C3%A9d reaction, scared out of my wits I drew the sheet and blanket up over my head and lay there shivering with fright under the covers until I fell back to sleep again. The next morning, everything seemed normal and nothing else happened. While I tried to laugh the whole thing off, my colleague remained spooked by it, thanks in part to the reaction of his dog which he said had never before exhibited that sort of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 20105/28/2011

Great story, 201.

by Anonymousreply 20205/28/2011

R201, did you explain to the front desk why you wanted to move to another room - if so, what was their reaction?

by Anonymousreply 20305/28/2011

Very cool story, R201. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 20405/28/2011

Thanks, R202 and R204 R203, a "superior" in the company, who was there on this trip, had instructed the front desk to not allow any room changes without it being first approved by her. (control freak) So, because of that, the desk clerk at first refused to give me another room. I argued that this had nothing to do with the company, I was not changing rooms, I simply wanted an additional room which I was paying for out of my own pocket. Therefore, I explained, it was a private matter and not the company's concern. The clerk still refused, until eventually agreeing to it on the condition that I explain what was going on. I thought "Oh what the hell" and told her. She had no reaction other than being nonplussed. I then, with the cat being out of the bag, asked her if any such thing had happened before, if any hotel employees or guests had ever mention anything of the sort. She said no. I asked if any guests had died in their room. She said not that she knew of. The next day she ratted me out to the company superior who was in charge of travel and hotel arrangements. And of course that person told everyone. We, my colleague and I, became laughing stocks in the company and around the hotel. It was a long stay, about three months. But we knew what had happened and didn't allow the jokes and the ribbing to bother us. A couple of years later I was back at that hotel, and asked around if there were any stories of ghosts or hauntings and such in the hotel. Most said no, but a few said they had heard of only one instance, which was probably mine.

by Anonymousreply 20505/28/2011

Then, R205, I'm finding it intriguing as to why the specter/ghost/whatever chose to materialize to you and your colleague. Maybe he wanted a three-way? Hee.

by Anonymousreply 20605/29/2011

R201, could you describe the figure in more detail? Was the figure solid or translucent? Did it look like a person or was it just a mist?

by Anonymousreply 20705/29/2011

[quote]"I'm not staying in this room tonight. I'm going down to the desk and getting another room." He said "I'm not staying on this floor tonight, I'm going with you."

Never got that reaction. Do you think a ghost will kill you!?

by Anonymousreply 20805/29/2011

eerie bump

by Anonymousreply 20905/29/2011

Thanks for sharing, R201. I absolutely believe that you saw something.

by Anonymousreply 21005/29/2011

R207 I can't really, but I'll try. I remember it as being more of a solid, but not with a fully human form to it. It wasn't like we were seeing a person in the room. It was about the same size as an adult human, but without discernible human features, but almost. It was a shape, maybe like a cloud, and I remember it as having a grayish color. It definitely wasn't a white mist nor was it translucent.

R208 Did I say anything about fearing being killed? I don't need to justify my reaction to anyone, but you did read that I went back to the room hoping for another visit.

Thanks, R210 everything I wrote is completely true, and it wasn't just me.

by Anonymousreply 21105/29/2011

R201, would you allow me to put you under hypnosis so you can better recall what you saw? I can do it here on Datalounge with your permission.

by Anonymousreply 21205/29/2011

201, don't worry about the naysayers. I would be creeped out too and would definitely want to change rooms. I love hearing ghost stories but I don't think I'd want to see a ghost myself - it would scare the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 21305/29/2011

[quote]Did I say anything about fearing being killed? I don't need to justify my reaction to anyone, but you did read that I went back to the room hoping for another visit.

No YOU and HE said "I'm not staying in this room tonight. I'm going down to the desk and getting another room." He said "I'm not staying on this floor tonight, I'm going with you."

Why did you leave? I didn't say I didn't believe you. I want to know why people are terrified. There has never been a documented case of a ghost or spirit hurting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 21405/29/2011

R214 Fair question. Remember, I didn't call it a "ghost". I said that I didn't know what it was.

It's quite unnerving to experience such a thing. Instinct? Who knows? Why did the dog behave as it did? The dog, which wasn't in the room, and as far as I could tell couldn't see what was in the room, regardless had a very unsettling reaction as we approached the room from out in the corridor. The dog knew something. From outside the room the dog sensed something that was in the room, and he didn't like it. Perhaps whatever the dog sensed, also causes people to become unnerved. But, actually SEEING something and being in the presence of something that is clearly not part of this world as we know and understand it, is quite enough thank you. Again, I don't know what it was. Was it a living entity of some sort? It appeared, it moved around on it's own, and it clearly projected an energy that caused a frightful reaction from an animal that didn't even see it.

Fear of the unknown?

Why are many people afraid of the dark, when they KNOW there is nothing there in the dark that isn't there in the light?

I can't answer your question except to say "instinct".

by Anonymousreply 21505/30/2011

I can't even begin to imagine how you went back to that room. I would have slept in a car, sat up all night in the lobby or whatever. Anything but stay in that room.

by Anonymousreply 21605/30/2011

R201/215, thanks so much for sharing your story. I find it profoundly believable. %0D %0D FUCK Stephen Hawking for not believing in any kind of afterlife. How the fuck would he know any more than the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 21705/30/2011

[quote]FUCK Stephen Hawking for not believing in any kind of afterlife.%0D %0D How do you know this was connected with "afterlife"? Maybe it was someone's pre-arrival. Maybe it was a gay man scheduled to arrive and he didn't want to be involved with some messy vagina.

by Anonymousreply 21805/30/2011

R217 = clueless moron%0D

by Anonymousreply 21905/30/2011

214, have you never heard of the Bell Witch?

by Anonymousreply 22005/30/2011

Ever see "The Crucible" reply 220?

by Anonymousreply 22105/30/2011

Anyone ever hear about the ghost who wrote messages on Polaroid photographs?

Happened in Mt. Washington here in LA at the home of a gay couple.

One of the spookiest stories I've ever heard and it left me totally bewildered.

Probably deserves its own thread, but I'm done with the $18 thing.

by Anonymousreply 22205/30/2011

I believe shadows can move of their own volition.

by Anonymousreply 22305/30/2011

R222, I remember when Sightings did a segment on that back in the early 90's. I've seen other reports on it since then, too. It may have been debunked, I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 22505/30/2011

The videos are pretty convincing, R225. I honestly don't know how something like that could be faked on-camera, in full view of observers.

by Anonymousreply 22605/31/2011

[quote]But you said there has never been a "documented case" of a ghost harming anyone, which the Bell Witch case contradicts.

What is the Bell Witch? Is it a witch or a ghost? No, I will not be clicking on any links so just tell it here.

by Anonymousreply 22807/05/2011

What's most amusing about that R222 is that the author thinks a house built in 1906 is old and thus more susceptible to hauntings. Given that almost every property in any European city, and almost every property in the UK would be 'haunted'.

by Anonymousreply 22907/05/2011

Back in the late 60s/early 70s, my mother worked with a woman who said she was worried that the house she'd just bought was haunted. The house was in woods, on a hill, with a tall tower nearby.%0D %0D She could hear music and talking coming from various areas in the house. The weirdest thing was that she could hear music coming from the toilet.%0D %0D She told the woman next door who laughed and said it was from the radio station tower right behind them. Somehow, the sound waves got picked up in pipes. She said her daughter could sometimes pick up transmission from her braces, and they joked about it with the daughter -- at the time, America still had a mental health system with hospitals, and many a hospitalized psych patient claimed the FBI or CIA was sending them messages through the fillings in their teeth. The family would tell the daughter with braces that they believed she was an FBI plant in their households. The father would be talking at the dinner table and suddenly say to the daughter, "Now this is in confidence... you're not transmitting it to the FBI or KGB, are you?"

by Anonymousreply 23007/05/2011

Who was the actress (was it Lucille Ball?) who used to tell the story about how she had dental work done and the next day she was hearing a radio station unti she went back and had the dentist fix it?

by Anonymousreply 23107/05/2011

by Anonymousreply 23208/14/2011

There was a previous ghost thread that had some terrifying tales.

by Anonymousreply 23308/15/2011

going "bump" in the night

by Anonymousreply 23409/17/2011

It's a dark and stormy night. Winds at 50 mph.

by Anonymousreply 23510/09/2011

Where at, R235?

by Anonymousreply 23610/11/2011

It was a dark and stormy night on the 9th but the sun is bright today. 80 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 23710/11/2011

bumpity yay

by Anonymousreply 23810/12/2011

In my opinion, sceptics have closed minds, big egos and really aren't very bright. They actually think they can explain everything that happens on earth. Now, how stupid is that?

by Anonymousreply 23910/15/2011

I know there are ghost but I can't explain them. Sometimes I wonder why people are so afraid to admit the truth? It's somthing that should be studied.

by Anonymousreply 24010/15/2011

Bump in the night for Halloween fright

by Anonymousreply 24110/30/2011

My Dad told us that during the war, he and the others got so immune to horror that they thought nothing of using the deep fox hole they'd just captured from the Japanese even though the men they killed to get it were still in there.

Normally, they would have just pushed out their bodies to use as parapets, but it had been a rainy morning, so they stacked them into the muck on the bottom and sat on top of them to keep dry.

We wondered if that wasn't at all...scary, and he reminded us that they were dead.

Yes, but...still?

He laughed and said if there were ghosts (which he didn't believe) the first thing they'd do would be to get as far away as they could from New Guinea in WW2.

by Anonymousreply 24210/30/2011

The ghost of Any Winehouse has been seen in a recording studio.

by Anonymousreply 24311/25/2011

I could believe that about Amy Winehouse. Alcohol is a terrible thing to be addicted to.

Sometimes I wonder why some spirits would not automaticly leave an area where they were unhappy. I do believe in ghost, although I don't understand it and I don't believe in God.

by Anonymousreply 24411/25/2011

Bump in the night.

by Anonymousreply 24512/06/2011

I have NEVER seen a ghost, nor have I heard one or sensed it any other way.

However after my mom died when I was 13 years old I had some very vivid dreams about her. I realized it was just my mind trying to hold on to her and soon after the dreams subsided.

And I live in an area that was built between 1850 and 1900. So you'd expect lots of ghosts but alas, no such.

by Anonymousreply 24612/06/2011

Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I had a lot of strange experiences when I was young but they seemed to stop when I reached high school (except for the time I was at home sick and there was a knocking which started at my bedroom door and went all the way around the room) but weird things started happening again a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 24712/06/2011

I've never experienced a ghost or anything paranormal but friends of mine have.

by Anonymousreply 24812/07/2011

R243, she resembles a creature from hell if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 24912/07/2011

There's a You Tube clip titled "Most Authentic Ghost Footage of All Time?" that is pretty damn spooky.

It looks to be filmed at twilight or early evening but you can clearly see ghost soldiers patrolling the grounds at the Gettysburg field where it was filmed. (Although the filmer and his companion sound like Gomer Pyle's cousins.)

It had over 4 million views and I thought it would be one of those dumb ones where someone jumps out at you and screams at the end but it appears to be 'genuine.' I have heard that the Gettysburg battlefields have a high number of ghost solider sightings.

There's also another You Tube video titled "Hampton Court Ghost CCTV" that's pretty amazing as well. It was allegedly taken by security cameras at Hampton Court palace. You can see the doors swing open and a man of the Charles II era (long curly hair dressed in heavy robes with "Capt Hook" boots" walk out the door. Pretty darn spooky)

by Anonymousreply 25012/07/2011

I realy wish that DL poster would repost his picture - an old black and white pic of a courting couple/his gran and grandpa? standing in front of an orchid or field with this most demonic figure caught up high in the tree behind them sneering.

It was really amazing. Trick of the light/trees or something else? I wish I had saved it.

by Anonymousreply 25112/07/2011

Thanks r250, checking out those YouTube vids right now.

by Anonymousreply 25212/07/2011

[quote]Anyone ever hear about the ghost who wrote messages on Polaroid photographs?

Has Perez Hilton died?

by Anonymousreply 25312/07/2011

Have any of you see the photo(s) from Pat Montandon's old haunted house which is located at 1000 Lombard Street in San Francisco?

I ask because I saw the following mentioned in an review for her book 'The Intruders':

"Several years ago, in a British book on ghost photos, I saw a photograph of her and a photograph of one of the ghosts in her house, which at the time freaked me out so much I never forgot it."

Any ideas where the photo(s) or the book can be located at? Or the name of that book?

by Anonymousreply 25412/07/2011

there are no ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 25512/07/2011

The Hat Man that people describe further back in the thread sound like one of the more notorious Shadow People. If you google Shadow Hat Man up he pops. Lots of images too.

Sleep paralysis mentions the Shadow Hat Man.

The descriptions are always close; tall and thin, evil vibe, dark trench coat and fedora or floppy hat and sometimes red eyes. I'm sure this part inspired the Creeper character from Jeepers Creepers movie.

by Anonymousreply 25612/07/2011

R253, the Polaroid picture ghost writing pics were debunked by a columnist in an old issue of Fate magazine. He wrote that he had gone to college with one of the picture takers, in fact they had studied film and learned about special effects together at the U of MD. The Fate columnist (the late Mark Chorvinsky - who also published the fascinating Strange Magazine) also wrote that he wouldn't be surprised based on his knowledge of the guy, if the guy hoaxed the photos, because that was the kind of thing this guy would do.

Either Chorvinksy or another Fate columnist also wrote that it is totally possible to create hoax Polaroid photos in that way. Conclusion for me was that the photos were indeed fake.

by Anonymousreply 25712/07/2011

R254, I've seen the picture of the "ghost" or whatever it was - unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the book, but it was a book on ghost photography that was published in England at least 20 years ago.

The photo was taken in her house and showed what appeared to be a somewhat thin, wiry person going through a drawer. I can't remember if it was a dresser drawer, kitchen drawer or whatever. I do remember the photo was slightly blurry.

I also remember that this "entity" wore a hoodie-looking top with the hood covering the head except for the face. And it was solid, not transparent.

by Anonymousreply 25812/07/2011

One of my ghost experiences involved a figure in a hood with no face.

by Anonymousreply 25912/07/2011

Keep an open mind, but not so open your brain gets stale.

by Anonymousreply 26012/08/2011

Thank you very much, R258. I forgot to mention that I was also intrigued by the book 'The Intruders'(which I only read about because I saw it mentioned here at DL a few years ago) because some of the alleged events that took place sounded very creepy to me. Seemed like a good ghost story.

I have a few questions if you don't mind.

(1) Do you think the book is probably fairly well known/popular/easy to find? Probably not a lot of British books about ghost photographs.

(2) Have you read 'The Intruders' by any chance? If so, what did you think of it?

(3) So it looked like the ghost was looking for something in a drawer?

(4) Did you think it was an especially scary photo?

(5) Did the photo look legit to you, or possibly fake somehow?

by Anonymousreply 26112/08/2011

R254, you are in luck, I wracked my memory for the name of that book and finally came across it on Amazon. Link below.

I've read The Intruders and (if this is the right word) I enjoyed it. And I thought the photo, given the provenance, was very strange. However, if I just saw the photo with no explanation I probably wouldn't think twice about it. To me the strangest thing about it would be how thin the person was, and there was something about the posture that was odd.

If you get the book, let me know what you think.

by Anonymousreply 26212/09/2011

Oops, the above post should have been signed "R258."

by Anonymousreply 26312/09/2011

Nope. I live next door to a gruesome murder-suicide scene, and I can look into the vacant house out a bedroom window. Nothing happens over there...ever.

by Anonymousreply 26412/09/2011

Thanks so much, R262! Very nice of you. I've never read 'The Intruders' BTW, but I might do so in the future.

by Anonymousreply 26512/09/2011

I did when I was young but then I grew up. The scary things in life are real people, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 26612/09/2011

I don't believe in no ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 26712/09/2011

r264, not directed to you personally, but I don't understand how some people think every scene of a murder or suicide has to be haunted. Who knows why spirits remain earth-bound in the first place, but perhaps in the scenes of these violent episodes, there's no reason for them to do so.

by Anonymousreply 26812/09/2011

Im sorry for your loss, I wanted to say that I googled sundowning and it means some type of dementia that occurs during evenings or late afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 26912/09/2011

R71 I am so fascinated by this theories, paralell Universes and such, I red somewhere that we are just balls of consciouness. Basically just a reflection of a different Universe, if so I want to be in the real Universe.

Does anyone know anything about this?

by Anonymousreply 27012/09/2011

by Anonymousreply 27112/10/2011

by Anonymousreply 27212/10/2011

Friends of my partner and myself recently finished refurbishing a house from the 1800s and invited everyone in our circle to celebrate Christmas there, including staying overnight in one of the guest bedrooms if needed. They've had some interesting things happen during the renovation and I've experienced a few things when I've visited so I'm looking forward to sleeping there. (However, one of our mutual friends has a bf who was raised in a VERY Christian household and believes all ghosts are the work of the devil and has refused to visit.)

by Anonymousreply 27312/10/2011

R273, I certainly don't see that being more difficult to believe than to think that they are people. I think the idea that it's family members and people who can 'verify' things by answering questions is a deception. I think that an evil entity can have that power/knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 27412/10/2011

I was just in the theater a few hours ago. I kept feeling like someone was sitting next to me, but there was no one else in the row except my friend to my left. No one was behind us either. The theater isn't very old, but is in an old part of town.

by Anonymousreply 27512/10/2011

Not a ghost story but one of a psychic event in my life. I've told this story to friends, but never put it in print until this moment. When I was 21 I worked a third shift job. Most of the time I would end up napping in the evening, before waking up to go to work about 9. One November night the sound of an ambulance awoke me from a really strange dream...

I dreamed that my Uncle Joe had died and they were holding "visitation" for him in his home (something that was once a common practice). But in the dream it wasn't my Uncle Joe's home, but the home of a friend of mine named Mark. Joe and Mark physically resembled each other, both tall and thin.

In the dream my dead Uncle Joe, got up from his casket and walked outside and lay in the dirt. At this point, the sound of the ambulance woke me.

The next morning after work I learned that my friend Mark had been shot and killed, falling to the ground. His wife and niece were with him at the time and the niece was screaming "Uncle Mark! Uncle Mark!" The ambulance that was called to the scene (about 5 miles from my home) was the one that awoke me the previous night. I was dreaming this dream as the real life tragedy was taking place.

In my dream I confused my Uncle with my friend - possibly because they looked similar, or possibly because I was somehow picking up on the niece's screams. The location of the funeral visitation in the dream was my friend's home and he fell to the ground when he was shot. There are three points where this dream connected with the event happening while I slept.

There were a couple of other dreams like this previously - nothing as dramatic and nothing that scared me as much as this one did. I believe at this point I somehow blocked this from happening again, because that was the last one.

by Anonymousreply 27612/10/2011

Wow, r276, that is quite something.

Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 27712/16/2011

yes, very interesting, R276.

by Anonymousreply 27812/16/2011

I appear in Gwyneth's mirror and mouth the word "cunt" at her.

by Anonymousreply 27912/16/2011

by Anonymousreply 28001/05/2012

In all the Ghost hunter shows on TLC and Discovery...the Ghosts seem to respond only to the English language. I wonder if any spirits speak French? Vietnamese? Spanish?

by Anonymousreply 28101/05/2012

There have been a few instances where investigators couldn't make out an EVP and when it was played back for a client, they realized it was in another language besides English. I think it may have happened when Ghost Hunters went to Hawaii. (Of course Steve couldn't make it because he's afraid of flying among other things but that's a separate thread.)

by Anonymousreply 28201/05/2012

I don't want to see a ghost, it's a sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast and watch the evening news.

by Anonymousreply 28301/06/2012

I'd like to see a ghost but I'm not holding my breath.

Friends of mine apparently have seen them. In my one friend's old house he said how they had a ghost cat that was so realistic that guests thought that they owned a cat but they didn't have any pets when my friend lived there.

Another friend of mine who has seen ghosts said how they can take on certain emotions or some will get annoyed or even angry that you're there, and how they feel sort of like a fog or mist, and that you have the feeling that you're being watched and then they appear.

by Anonymousreply 28501/10/2012

I like to watch all of the paranormal shows (Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Celebrity Ghost Stories, etc) and while I believe, I've never seen a ghost although I've heard strange noises and sounds. I'd love to go on a ghost hunt or investigation.

by Anonymousreply 28601/10/2012

R261, thanks to your post I ordered The Intruders and have skimmed through it (haven't had time to read the whole thing yet).

What do you think was going on with her house? I felt that there was a chunk of the story that wasn't being told. Someone sent out a phony press release describing her as a call girl, she got harassing phone calls--that was clearly the work of an actual person or people. I am wondering of some of the weird stuff going on in her house (windows opening by themselves) wasn't the work of a person with a grudge. Maybe the notorious party girl was running around with somebody else's husband?

Still doesn't explain her friend's death before the fire. Or the fire itself, though it might come down to the illegal wiring. That was very weird, and creepy.

If you buy the book with the ghostly picture, please post it here!

by Anonymousreply 28701/10/2012

I'm linking to a photo- look at the first photo, in the hallway- I've seen the raw larger photo and it's much clearer- a woman with long black hair wearing a white top and black skirt, carrying a black bag, walking away from camera.

I said to the photographer, "That was an interesting choice, why did you put her there?" He said, "There was no woman there, and we don't have anyone on the crew that looks like her."

by Anonymousreply 28801/10/2012

Crap- didn't link straight to the pic.

8 rows down, 2nd row from the left, Asian guy with glasses on.

by Anonymousreply 28901/10/2012

R288, all I see are pics of models reclining--no one in a hallway.

Here are some pics of the Montandon house, in case anyone is interested. Looks like Pat is still alive and blogging too.

by Anonymousreply 29001/10/2012

I want to do a naked investigation with Steve and Dave Tango.

by Anonymousreply 29101/10/2012

R288, it's a bit dim, but you can definitely make her out as being there. She looks very substantial, though, like someone crashed the photo shoot and decided to leave.

by Anonymousreply 29201/10/2012

"My partner is a psychic medium and used his abilities to speak to ghosts."

by Anonymousreply 29301/10/2012

Besides Ryan Buell (sp?), are there any other gay or bi guys on any shows?

by Anonymousreply 29401/10/2012

This Christmas Eve, I picked up my jacket and my cellphone fell out. I looked at the display and it said, "Call Aunt Sue." My phone locks when it's not in use, and you have to press two buttons to unlock it. I hadn't used it for hours. The phone had unlocked itself, gone through the menu to the second page, selected saved phone numbers, gone to that menu, gone to the second page, 6th name down, and selected Aunt Sue's name and phone number.

The day after Christmas was the first year anniversary of my dad's death. He and Sue were very close, and without fail he would have called her if he had been alive. He also would have told me to call her. After that happened, I felt very strongly I should call her, on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas. I called, Sue was going to be gone all day Christmas and I wouldn't have reached her. I told her what happened. Dead silence. Sue is a born again Christian and they don't believe in ghosts. It's actually really offensive to them because they think the only spirits that walk the earth are damned or some such rubbish. Dad used to call her all the time to argue about politics and religion, and he enjoyed "getting her goat" greatly. He didn't belong to her religion and believed in the afterlife.

I felt terrible for upsetting her, as I had forgotten her beliefs, and I got the distinct impression she was offended. At the same time, I wondered if Dad did it on purpose just to tell her she was wrong. He would. He also would have really, really wanted to call her, because she's moved to a nursing home recently and he would be afraid she was lonely.

by Anonymousreply 29501/11/2012

r 295, ever heard of Occam's Razor? You mean the first explanation you came up with to explain your cell phone acting funny was ghosts?

by Anonymousreply 29601/11/2012

Season premier of Ghost Hunters tonight, started at 8pm but will repeat. They're investigating Kings Island amusement park.

by Anonymousreply 29701/11/2012

I had an incubus in my apartment in California...I'd wake up with a raging hard on and the strange feeling of a wet mouth on my cock, and a finger in my ass. I'd never come, but I'd see a strange dark but colored cloud hovering above my bed.

by Anonymousreply 29801/12/2012

what's the difference between an incubus and a succubus?

by Anonymousreply 29901/12/2012

incubus: A male demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping women

succubus: A female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men

by Anonymousreply 30001/13/2012

R298 how do you know it was an incubus and not a succubus?

by Anonymousreply 30101/14/2012

301, good question. I wonder if there's a completely different set of demons who target gay men and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 30201/14/2012

lescubus? gaycubus?

by Anonymousreply 30301/14/2012

I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe living people are susceptible to all manner of hallucinations.

by Anonymousreply 30401/14/2012

[quote]I wonder if there's a completely different set of demons who target gay men and lesbians.

Are there also transgendered ghosts?

by Anonymousreply 30504/07/2012

Fascinating story R295. Did Aunt Sue ever mention it again?

by Anonymousreply 30604/09/2012

Cool story R295.

by Anonymousreply 30704/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 30804/12/2012

I think I might. At night, I often get a feeling that somebody is standing in my doorway of my bedroom watching me sleep. I get that "somebody is watching me" feeling intensely. I turn-over and I often see the presence of a man but then it quickly disappears. I have woken up from it as well. One night, I was freaked out so bad by it that I threw my pillow at "him", and the presence disappeared.

I do feel like there is somebody else living in my house.

by Anonymousreply 30904/12/2012

Did you ever have a radio that would not turn off, even when you unplug it? I had a cheap batteries. Finally I threw it away. I walked in my room and there was all kinds of static coming from it, even though it was turned off. It made me uncomfortable.

Is that something that is normal with radios?

by Anonymousreply 31005/16/2012

To 309, do you think he might just be watching over you? Maybe he's fond of you?

by Anonymousreply 31105/16/2012

I was serious about the radio. I just wanted a logical explaination.

by Anonymousreply 31205/16/2012

It's always fun when someone adds a new ghost story.

by Anonymousreply 31305/18/2012

Bump in the night

by Anonymousreply 31405/18/2012

I don't like to read threads like this after dark.

by Anonymousreply 31505/22/2012

I wonder if the site of The Our Lady of Angels fire, in Chicago is haunted? 92 kids died a rather sudden death.

by Anonymousreply 31607/09/2012

I'm not afraid of ghosts but demons now that is something different

I just recently moved in my apartment and one night i woke up with the feeling there was someone leaning against my back, this happened several times or I would wake up and feel someone's breath on my face only it's a single bed and I sleep alone. every time it would scare me awake every time I would say 'in the name of Jesus Christ be gone' so it went my parents came from out of town and slept at my apartment my mother said to me she felt as if someone was leaning against her back while she was asleep and it wasn't my father she kept complaining till I told her my story. I just said do what I do chase it away

by Anonymousreply 31707/09/2012

My partner and I rented a house in Las Vegas back in 2001 - we both saw separately, but constantly, an old man in the hallway and a little girl in the kitchen. It wasn't at all threatening, but we both wrote down all the details we'd seen and then exchanged them - they were exact. The weird thing was that it was just a run down tract home with nothing special about it.

We have a new house in Dallas that we're in the middle of renovating - I've seen someone out of the corner of my eye walk by my office door more than once. The dogs don't react, though, which is kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 31807/09/2012

[quote]Are there also transgendered ghosts?

Funnily enough, R305, a good friend told me a creepy transgendered ghost story the other day. I just called him to verify I had the details correct.

His sister-in-law was a live-in resident of an old terrace house that was being used as a drug rehab. in inner-city Sydney in 1984. It was early evening and she was the only person on the premises at the time.

She heard a noise that sounded like it was coming from the entrance hall so she went to investigate. She confronted a man standing on the stairs.

She asked him, "Can I help you?"

At that the man's face turned into a woman's and he/she fled up the stairs.

A bit freaked out by this, my friend's sister-in-law ran out the front door and went to find her sister who lived in the same neighbourhood. Together they returned to the rehab. and searched the place thoroughly but found no evidence of anyone else in the building.

Later they found out that a transman (woman?) had suicided there two years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 31907/09/2012

I like your story r276. I'm just curious, are you saying that the that the ambulance that woke you from the dream was the same that was called to the scene? How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 32007/09/2012

r250 were actually fooled by those videos? The Gettysburg one is so obviously a fake and the Hampton has been debunked.

by Anonymousreply 32107/09/2012

To 317, it could have been the spirit of a dog or cat that had always slept with it's owner.

by Anonymousreply 32207/09/2012

There is other footag of a Gettysberg Soldier. I believed it.

by Anonymousreply 32307/09/2012

My mom claims a ghost hides her earrings.

by Anonymousreply 32407/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 32507/18/2012

Not really a ghost story....

A few weeks after my grandmother died, I was home alone and began to think about her. I was pretty close to her as a chile. I began crying because the last time I saw her, she was feeble, forgetten who I was but was trying so hard to smile and be courageous. At that time, I believed in the afterlife so I wondering how she was after death, if she was ok.

I decide continue my mournfest and dig out old cards from family that I had stored away years before. In a stack, I found a birthday card she sent me years before when I was 18. This was the only card I had ever received from her. In the card, all she wrote was "Happy Birthday. I'm ok here". I thought it was an odd birthday message. I think it was her trying to tell me she was ok and stop the fucking crying already.

by Anonymousreply 32708/21/2012

Why would she write "I'm ok here"? Was she very old?

by Anonymousreply 32808/21/2012

Can ghosts perform exorcism on each other?

by Anonymousreply 32908/22/2012

I live in an old house that was built in 1908. One night I was at my computer at the front of the house and there were three loud bangs on the front door. It was night out and I was alone in the house. I got up and went to the door which was about two feet from where I was sitting. Opened the door and there was no one there. It took me no longer than 5 sec to open the door. I was standing outside and my partner pulled in the driveway right after. We looked up and down the street and there was no one. I thought nothing of it at the time but it happened three more times .Three out of the four times I was home alone. The last time it happened I was with my partner and my cousin who had come over for dinner. We heard the loud banging and my partner went to the door open it and no one was there.

by Anonymousreply 33008/22/2012

no. but I believe in magic in a young girl's heart.

by Anonymousreply 33108/22/2012

I had the same thing happen to me, only it was only one bang on the door and it was after midnight. I got up and openned the door. No one was around. There have been many deaths in my building.

by Anonymousreply 33208/22/2012

My partner claims to have seen a horse grazing in our street last night.

by Anonymousreply 33309/30/2012

I'll start watching celebrity ghost stories. There is a fraud named Amy on a ghost show who works with an Italian-American detective. She, is a fraud and shouldn't be filmed without extensive eye makeup on. Looks like an old midwestern hausfrau from Illinois. You know who I mean?

by Anonymousreply 33409/30/2012

I'm bumping this thread because Adam Berry of Ghost Hunters came out of the closet while investigating the site of the UpStairs Lounge fire of '73 in New Orleans. He actually said he was gay while trying to contact spirits of those gay men who perished in the fire.

I'm happy for him. And I'm happy or Ghost Hunters because I'd never heard of this tragedy before and it's heartbreaking.

Congrats, Adam.

by Anonymousreply 33609/30/2012

Thanks for sharing that news r336.

by Anonymousreply 33710/01/2012

[He actually said he was gay while trying to contact spirits of those gay men who perished in the fire]

later and off camera, one of the gay men's spririts tried to fuck him raw

by Anonymousreply 33810/01/2012

[R335] Amy told a little girl in one episode that as a child she was obsessed with Lizzie Borden case and on another episode went to the LB house and did a "reading". In another she tells homeowner that memories can't communicate with him. She claims the prisoner who is alive and 50 miles away doing time for killing a gay man tells her to shut the fuck up, bitch. There are many other inconsistancies like a reality star named Adam who was also on LA Ink, etc. She's irritating as all get out, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 33910/01/2012

I'd hardly call that coming out since it was commonly known Adam was gay before. See the link from February of 2011 below

by Anonymousreply 34010/02/2012

a thread that goes bump in the day.

by Anonymousreply 34110/07/2012

No. I think that human beings are very sensitive to the presence of other human beings, and we are liable to misinterpret certain cues, like sounds that remind us of somebody walking around or vocalizing, as being evidence that something's really there when it isn't. I also think that on some level we're not really able to comprehend death. It just doesn't make sense to us that somebody can be here one minute and then be gone forever the next. When a person is gone from our lives we fill in the blank with memories, and sometimes those memories respond to those cues I mentioned before and make us think we're in communication with a dead person. It's also very common for recently bereaved people to have vivid dreams about their dead loved ones. I think this is normal psychological phenomena and it's fine. The trouble is when greedy assholes like Sylvia Browne go around tricking people into thinking that they have special powers to communicate with the dead. That is a particularly evil form of exploitation.

by Anonymousreply 34210/07/2012

r340, I doubt Ghost Hunters audiences read After Elton. I don't even read After Elton. I meant it takes a lot of courage for Adam to come out on the show during an investigation. On his show, he officially came out. I'm sure many of Ghost Hunters viewing audience were shocked by that revelation.

It would be nice if like r337, you could simply be happy for him instead of snarky.

by Anonymousreply 34310/07/2012

We are surrounded by energy. What we label as ghosts is energy (can be as simple as a sound, voice, scent, etc.) that triggers the emerging of unresolved issues from our own unconsciousness. Some people call these experiences dream or nightmare-ish like, because vivid memories clash with the present and kind of turn into a double exposed mental image. Usually when these type of things happen we have the urge to push the vivid memory back into our subconscious (because we aren't mentally prepared to deal with the issue at hand out of nowhere) and that's where the fear and struggle come from.

It's basically like a headache or some other bodily symptom. Your body alerts you with a message of pain that something's going wrong and instead of listening and following the root of the message we just take pain medication to shut the symptom's painful message up without ever looking for the reason why the painful message was sent in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 34410/07/2012

bump in the day

by Anonymousreply 34510/13/2012

There are some who say they don't believe in ghosts yet wouldn't go near a graveyard after dark.

by Anonymousreply 34610/16/2012

It's almost Halloween and no ghost stories?

by Anonymousreply 34710/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 34810/26/2012

Going bump in the day.

by Anonymousreply 34911/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 35011/30/2012

R346, is that from something or are you just saying that? It's strangely very poetic.

by Anonymousreply 35111/30/2012

Tlelate Maureen Regan, and her husband both, on different occasions claim to have had a ghost come into their room while staying overnight at the whitehouse, and sat at the edge of their bed.

by Anonymousreply 35211/30/2012

I had a ghost once grab me and hug me

by Anonymousreply 35311/30/2012

yes and i have more experience with than i would have wanted.

by Anonymousreply 35411/30/2012

Every minute of every day we are being penetrated by wandering cell phone packets. Who knows how much of this our brain actually can identify...

by Anonymousreply 35511/30/2012

I had a ghost give me a kidney punch. Mean old bastard.

by Anonymousreply 35611/30/2012

Yes. I have had encounters all my life.

by Anonymousreply 35711/30/2012

It can be disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 35811/30/2012

[quote]There are some who say they don't believe in ghosts yet wouldn't go near a graveyard after dark. I'd probably fall in this category. I'd rather not go to a graveyard at all because they are a sad place, but I definitely would not go at night. Not because of ghosts, but because I know my mind will feed into all the supernatural movies and TV things I've seen and I would definitely scare myself.

by Anonymousreply 35911/30/2012

Interesting take on it R359

by Anonymousreply 36012/01/2012

I've had male energies enter both my mouth and anus.

by Anonymousreply 36112/01/2012

I've never had THAT and I've never seen one but I have had experiences that can only be blamed on a ghost or poltergeist...whatever that is. It's annoying if you believe it is a person whom you've known in life and cared about but often disagreed with.

by Anonymousreply 36212/11/2012

I don't know if I believe in ghosts. But I do believe there are many people who are not lying when they've had paranormal encounters. Just what they experienced is the question. Was it mental? Was it natural? Was it paranormal? Was it beyond the realm of ghosts? Whatever it ways, you can tell when someone's lying and when some is genuinely telling the truth when they've encountered something unexplainable.

by Anonymousreply 36312/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 36405/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 36506/18/2013

Wow at this video. An ancient Egyptian statue rotates by itself in a case

by Anonymousreply 36606/23/2013

I told this on the Yosemite thread. I never saw the ghost. But I stayed at the Wawona, a haunted hotel in Yosemite park. Our room was one of four in a cottage. A locked door connected two rooms. I have never seen a ghost but that night my friend and I were in bed with the lights out when guests arrived next door. They were kind of speaking in loud voices for a moment. We heard them come in, saw the light come on around the edges of the connecting door, and then they settled down and got quiet. We went to sleep.

When we woke up in the morning and left, the room was unoccupied, the curtains open, the beds made. I asked the desk who checked into the room next to mine the night before. "No one sir. That room is empty."

My friend, who does not believe in these sorts of things, saw what I saw. We couldn't explain it.

Later, I read about a plane crash there and how people helped the injured pilot into one of the rooms in the cottage.

It's a spooky place. It even looks haunted...

by Anonymousreply 36706/23/2013

Yes, I believe. As a child to high school age, I had a lot of strange things happen around me. My partner and I live in an old farmhouse which was remodeled and we've both experienced some very strange things over the years.

by Anonymousreply 36806/23/2013

Paul Mooney says that only white people believe in ghosts, and that blacks don't have time for none of that.

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 36907/26/2013

Half the people on Celebrity Ghost Stories are black.

My fave was the actor who played Bubba in Forest Gump: weird, terrifying, and totally credible story.

(Also voodoo is mostly practiced by black people.)

by Anonymousreply 37007/26/2013

I've never experienced a ghost personally, but two of my friends think they have--and I believe them.

The first friend had moved into her mother's house a week after the mom had died. While we were having breakfast to catch up, she pulled out her phone and showed me a picture of the spices that are usually up against the wall arranged in a square pattern. She asked, "Do you think a cat could do this?" And I said no. She said that the spices had moved in the hour that she had left to run errands, and the cat was the only other living thing in the house.

My second friend is Jennifer, but called Jen by everyone--only her husband used to call her Jennifer. About two nights after he committed suicide, she was up late by herself, and in a moment, the dogs started barking happily as if someone had gotten home. And then she heard her four-year-old son speaking in his sleep. And when she peeked into his room to listen to what he was saying, it was, "I'm so sorry, Jennifer."

by Anonymousreply 37107/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 37309/05/2013

Ghosts aren't so bad but you have to beware of the long-leggedy beasties.

by Anonymousreply 37409/05/2013

Bumped for people to tell us of their encounters with the paranormal for Halloween!

by Anonymousreply 37510/17/2013

Yea, get your kids to forget about ghosts a Nd hang with us

by Anonymousreply 37610/17/2013

More spook tales, please!

by Anonymousreply 37710/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 37810/17/2013

I love these threads but sadly have nothing to offer.

by Anonymousreply 37910/17/2013

I like the one at R201

by Anonymousreply 38010/17/2013

Ghosts are "real" in the same way that religious experiences are "real." We perceive something happening and interpret it according to our cultural preconceptions. Somebody puts out a film clip of Bigfoot and suddenly everybody's seeing Bigfoot in the woods near where they live. A movie comes out about alien abductions and suddenly everybody's being abducted by aliens. Somebody sees the Virgin Mary in a Cinnabon and suddenly pictures of major Christian religious figures are popping up in all sorts of weird places. It's a pretty universal phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 38110/17/2013

Two years ago I began taking formal tarot card lessons once a week and during the process, I was very open. When I would practice the cards at home, I would have very strange happenings...false knocks at the front door, the doorbell going off and no one was there, etc.

I had my partner comb several streets in the neighborhood to see if someone was pranking us or on the same doorbell frequency. We could not find any evidence that this was anything other than a spirit or ghost. Both of us and guests heard the sounds at various times.

I had placed a glow-in-the-dark ouja board in my downstairs hall as a joke ro keep myself from going to the kitchen to snack in the middle of the night. I often wondered if something just let itself in. I have since taken it down and disposed of it.

At other times, my personal items have been jokingly hidden or moved by someone or something.

by Anonymousreply 38209/13/2014

I attended college in Sault Sainte Marie, which is a very old city in Michigan. Many times, while walking with close friends, someone would pass us on the street and say hello (strangers) and then disappear into thin air. Usually it was single men and they looked flat or not completely there or alive. One woman ghost/being had a mute dog. It happened several rimes before I realized what it was. It's very snowy there and the people left no snow prints either.

I wasn't terrified, but it was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 38309/13/2014

[quote]I had my partner comb several streets in the neighborhood to see if someone was pranking us or on the same doorbell frequency.

My, what an obedient little partner you have.

by Anonymousreply 38409/13/2014

Might have told this before, hope not in this string. Forgive me if I repeat myself but this is the oddest thing and I wasn't the only one who witnessed it.

We'd been traveling through beautiful Yosemite and decided to stay in a hotel there called the Wawona. I remember feeling strange as I walked up to it. It LOOKED haunted.

There were four rooms connected by doors that had been a small house at one time and was now four different single rooms. Around 11 pm one night, just as we were going to sleep, my friend and I saw the lights come on through the edges of the connecting door. There were the sounds of a group of people in the room. I figured they'd got in late and were settling in. Soon, the noise stopped and the light went off. Me and my friend went to sleep

The next morning, checking out, I passed the windows to that room and the curtains were pulled back. There was no one in it. The beds were all made and it was early in the morning. At the front desk I asked if someone had checked into that room. They said no. I didn't pursue it.

Later, I looked up the place on the Internet. There was an article about a small plane that crashed on the hotel grounds in 1920. The pilot was badly injured and they pulled him into the cottage we had stayed in. Apparently he passed away there before the ambulance could make it.

Didn't realize it then, but others have seen his ghost there. I didn't see anything but the lights coming on, and the sounds of people making a ruckus.

I do remember walking up to the hotel and thinking it just looked haunted (see pic). I never thought I'd witness what I did though.

by Anonymousreply 38509/13/2014

And he's hot r384. Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 38609/13/2014

I've heard calling a spirit a ghost is like calling a dwarf a midget.

I believe in a spirit, Jay Sebring.

by Anonymousreply 38709/13/2014

by Anonymousreply 38810/07/2014

Of course I don't believe in ghosts. OTOH, I'm not going to read this thread after dark.

by Anonymousreply 38910/07/2014

Ghost Hunters starts its 10th season tomorrow evening at 9pm on SYFY. Looks like Grant is back. I knew that the show couldn't realistically survive without him, so his return doesn't surprise me. Betting that he got a nice bump in salary to return to the show. I am still upset that they ended Psychic Kids which was always entertaining tv. However no one could top the greatness that was Derek Acora from the long ago canceled Ghost Adventures.

by Anonymousreply 39010/07/2014

Just looked up Ghost Hunters tonight, wondering if it had been cancelled. New episodes start tomorrow. Adam and Amy have left, apparently they wanted more money and got the boot instead.

Thank god, they're the primary reason I quit watching, along with KJ.

by Anonymousreply 39110/07/2014

Derek Acorah was the faker from Most Haunted. Ghost Adventures has Zack of the too-tight shirt.

by Anonymousreply 39210/07/2014

Grant is only returning for the 200th episode, not for the entire new season. He's stressed that fact a few times on his Twitter and Facebook feeds.

by Anonymousreply 39310/07/2014

I don't believe in ghosts or anything paranormal but an aunt had a story I thought very odd. She wasn't the type to say things that weren't true or talk about spirits or ghosts.

However on the night my grandfather died she had a dream where he was complaining that his feet hurt. She told my grandmother who of course thought it was a very strange dream to have when someone dies.

My grandmother was then told by the mortician that he had trouble getting the shoes on my grandfather's feet.

My grandmother immediately went out and got a larger pair of shoes for the mortician to put on the body.

I don't believe in any kind of life after death but this was pretty bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 39410/07/2014

Why did Grant leave in the first place? They made it so secretive.

by Anonymousreply 39510/07/2014

He started a company making apps or something and to "concentrate on his music"

by Anonymousreply 39610/07/2014

R395 I think that the show's filming schedule was keeping him away from his family too much so he chose to leave the show. I didn't know about the music angle, but I do remember reading that he wanted to try something new. I am willing to bet that neither Grant or Jay are plumbers for Rotter Router anymore. Being on a tv show for 10 years has got to pay more than an on-call plumbing service. The show stopped showing them making plumbing calls after about the 5 season, so I am guessing that those careers are now behind them.

by Anonymousreply 39710/07/2014

Grant creates music, makes board games and still does convention appearances. I'm sure all of that is done according to his schedule rather than trying to fit it in.

by Anonymousreply 39810/07/2014

oh please, that show is so fake.

by Anonymousreply 39910/07/2014

R399 just fell off the turnip truck

Of course it's fake. But like Zac's girly screams and Derek's demonic possesions, the fake is most of the fun.

by Anonymousreply 40010/07/2014

R383, interesting. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 40110/07/2014

Yes, I've witnessed two, but not able to comprehend nor describe it.

by Anonymousreply 40210/08/2014

I believe in roasts

by Anonymousreply 40310/08/2014

Monday night before going to sleep,I thought of my old acquaintance, Marian Seldes, dying. When I woke up it was all over the news.

by Anonymousreply 40410/08/2014

Several members of my family have had incidents with ghosts. My grandmother was once woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of knocking and saw a friend of hers standing at the foot of her bed. The next day, she discovered the friend had died the night before, exactly at the time my grandmother heard the knocking. Coincidentally, the friend had the habit of knocking on wood whenever she entered a house. When my grandmother died, several family members had dreams with her in them.

Shortly after a great-aunt had died, her daughter (my cousin) had a dream where she appeared and said, "The pink is nice and I really like it, don't worry about a changing it". The next day, my cousin was told by the cemetery custodian that my great-aunt's headstone had arrived late the previous day. When she went to see it, my cousin discovered that the gravestone company had mistakenly ordered and engraved rose quartz instead of gray. She kept it, telling people she knew her mother liked it.

I've had quite a few experiences, at my childhood home and other places. Too many odd coincidences and strange events.

by Anonymousreply 40510/08/2014

Recently I had been asleep maybe 15 minutes and something caused me to wake up. My bedroom is not pitch black at night, and as I looked around in the darkness, I saw what looked like a huge waft of smoke floating just below the ceiling and coming into the room from the bedroom door. Right away I thought FIRE!!!! which of course scared the crap out of me and sent my heart racing.

But there was no fire. My smoke alarm goes off when you blow a candle out or boil water, so as panic-stricken as I was, I was not worried. And no sooner had I seen it, it wasn't there anymore.

But it was something.

by Anonymousreply 40610/08/2014

by Anonymousreply 40710/08/2014

how many threads are you going to post that shit on?

by Anonymousreply 41110/13/2014

I do believe in ghosts and have seen a couple. Both times they were transparent and vaporized upon my realization I was seeing them. They were as real as you or me.

The spirit leaves the body but that electrical energy, which manifests itself in the human brain running the body, can in the afterlife project an image of its earthly self.

The consciousness does not die when the body does. It lives on, transgressing into another form of life free of Earthly bounds.

Don't know why they want to come back here to this boring place when they can do so much in the afterlife unimagined.

by Anonymousreply 41310/13/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 41410/13/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 41510/13/2014

A friend who definitely doesn't believe in ghosts and is very level-headed had a odd experience.

At her office people would compain stuff wasn't where they left it, or things would turn up in unlikely places. She put it down to forgetfulness or distraction - it was a busy office, a branch of the DHSS (UK government welfare). One day she was sitting at her desk and a heavy stapler shot off her desk, flew across the room and crashed into the wall.

No one was standing nearby, we don't get earthquakes here... she couldn't think of a natural or rational explanation.

by Anonymousreply 41610/13/2014

Bump for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 41810/18/2014

Not in the traditional sense, but I am open to the possibility of there being some sort of scientific phenomenon of sorts where by occurrences can leave behind some sort of echo or imprint in time, that we can perhaps perceive in certain circumstances. But I don't believe in ghost interacting with people in real time.

I've had some frightening experiences where I saw figures or felt things pressing down on my bed, but it was usually when I was sleeping and just waking from a sleep or just falling asleep and I eventually realized what I was experiencing was actually sleep paralysis. I was literally seeing my dream activity over-layed on top of my real vision.

by Anonymousreply 41910/18/2014

R416, was your friend alone in her office?

Scary, I would probably believe her.

by Anonymousreply 42010/18/2014

If it's just an echo how could they share things in the future.

by Anonymousreply 42110/18/2014

There's No such thing as god1

There's No such thing as the devil.

There's no such thing as ghosts! They are the fabrications of crooks like that Long Island Medium cow. They are her bread and butter.

There's no such thing as heaven.

There's no such thing as hell.

And, yes Virginia, there's no such thing as Santa Claus.

by Anonymousreply 42210/18/2014

If man is a descendent of apes, and man has a soul, does that mean apes have souls?

by Anonymousreply 42310/18/2014

[quote]The consciousness does not die when the body does. It lives on, transgressing into another form of life free of Earthly bounds.

by Anonymousreply 42410/18/2014

R383, when you saw the people, did you think the clothes were out of date? Or did their clothes seem sort of generic, like suit or skirt and blouse? What about hats? In the old days, nobody would go outdoors without a hat.

I'd be interested in knowing if you could date the age of the ghosts by their clothing.

by Anonymousreply 42510/20/2014

Obviously cats leave some kind of imprint, I have felt one of my cats continuing to jump on my bed, after he was gone. It eventually stopped but it wasn't my imagination when it happened it was something that was very recognizable.

by Anonymousreply 42610/20/2014

Damn, R422, what's your life? You come out of ur mum, suck titty milk for a few years, grow up, suck cock for a few years, then just vanish without a trace except a rotting corpse? Saddest bitter older queen ive ever heard. Along the same line as animals, nothing greater than what's right in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 42710/28/2014

R422 is right though. R427 sounds like the unhappy one.

by Anonymousreply 42810/28/2014

by Anonymousreply 42910/28/2014

R416, I used to work in an office with a similar issue.

Fresh out of college I took a job as a litigation paralegal at a law firm. They packed us all, maybe about 25 at one point, in a room and we worked from 8:30 to 5:00 PM. They always left the last three rows of the room empty.

Occasionally, if there was a deadline they'd ask us to stay late. So maybe five of us would be sitting with supervisors at the front of the room and the back of the room there was nothing but desks and computers.

Around 8:30 one night we heard typing coming from the back of the room. Not computer typing but old school typing on a typewriter typing. This would happen every time we ended up staying late.

After working there a year I left and moved to NYC. A few years later I ran into, and became friends with, one of the supervisors from that place, which is now closed. Randomly one day I brought up the fun we had working late and she mentioned the ghost of, "The Typist."

The supervisors all knew because they always worked late and never told us that a woman (a typist) had died years earlier in the back of the room (which is why they always left that part empty) and at night you could hear her typing. They never wanted to scare us so they never mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 43010/28/2014

BTW - to 319

I totally believe that every "ghost" show is fake except for Ghost Hunters primarily because they do have episodes where they actually don't find anything.

Also, Donna, who doesn't get along with the producers of the show and left did a bunch of really fascinating interviews about the filming of the show and the processes involved. She definitely came off like a pissed off former employee but one thing she never said (even though she openly bashed nearly everyone) was that the show was faked.

I can also add that there used to be a show called, "Paranormal State" on A&E which was about a ghost hunting team at Penn State University. The show was complete and total crap BUT originally the group, which was there when I was a student was an actual legit group of ghost hunters. Once they got a show, the fakery started. It's sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 43110/28/2014

There's a ghost in the Chicago area called 'Resurrection Mary'.

by Anonymousreply 43210/28/2014

R430, thanks for posting. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 43310/28/2014

FF fucking Racist at r417.

by Anonymousreply 43410/29/2014

[R417] is now FF

by Anonymousreply 43510/29/2014

When I toured what is my now current apartment, there was a chill in the air. I didn't think much of it because I was raised in a house with 4 ghosts. After I moved in I was taking measurements of the place, when I touched this one wall I became extremely uncomfortable. again, I put it aside and went about installing a floating shelf on it. I became more and more uncomfortable but chose to not be swayed by this entity. I lived in the apt for about 7wks or so before I got the 1st attack. I was home alone when I touched the wall. My world went upside down. I couldn't walk, couldn't see properly, I laid on the floor, focused as hard as I could. I'm epileptic and thought it was a seizure. Seizures don't last 20mins+. I was able to crawl into the bldg's hallway, calling out to my neighbors for help. An ambulance was called and when I left the apt. I felt much better. I had a 2nd attack a few days later, it happened again when I touched the wall.It was then when I realized what was happening. I touched the wall again and began praying, channeling all the spiritual energy I could. I have a very powerful spirit, if you believe in such things. It didn't work, I was being psychically attacked by an entity that was stronger than me. I'd never encountered that before. I called my sister for help, she prayed (Christian) with me, sang hymns, read from the Bible. She helped me center. I went to a local priest for help that same day, he didn't believe me. So I went back to it. I got some sage, spreading the smoke around the house, all the while praying and singing. I challenged the wall again, it wasn't just an entity it was a demon gate. I sprinkled salt along the borders of the while, commanded the door be closed, asked the asked to help me and carry my prayers to God. After a while, the energy stopped. the wall felt normal. My sister advised that I leave the wall alone, I'm stubborn and attached that shelf.

It seemed fine until a couple of weeks ago, when the shelf came crashing down.

by Anonymousreply 43610/29/2014

by Anonymousreply 43710/31/2014

One of our neighbors growing up was an old Native American woman who had been a nurse on the battlefield during WWI. She would talk about being in the operating room (a tent lit by kerosene lamps) and watching the souls of the men leave their bodies as they died. She said they were like small clouds of fog, and they would drift up to the top of the tent, pause for a couple seconds and then dissipate into nothingness.

What was interesting was that she claimed this would happen wile the patient was apparently still living. It would be 30 to 60 seconds after the cloud that anyone would notice the patient had died. She mentioned it a couple times, but everyone treated her like she was crazy, so kept her mouth shut during the war.

My family moved away, and we hadn't seen her for probably 20 years, and then one night we started talking about her at length, no reason, we just started talking about her out of the blue. Next morning my Mother got a call from another old neighbor that Mary had died the night before, just as we were talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 43810/31/2014

Dear R422 just for clarification. What you state is your opinion, not answers. Neither fact or fiction, since you don't actually know. No one living does. That's the bitch of life.

by Anonymousreply 43910/31/2014

Nice story, R438. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 44010/31/2014

I believe in roasts

by Anonymousreply 44110/31/2014

R422, you are calling a lot of strangers liars, simply because you haven't had an experience yourself. That's being absurdly ridiculous. I have no explanation for ghost but they do seem to exist. We as humans always say something doesn't exist, if we can't explain it. We'll call a million strangers liars rather then admit that we simply don't know.

by Anonymousreply 44210/31/2014

R442, what does being a stranger have to do with anything?

There's never been any credible evidence for the existence of anything supernatural. Not one thing. Including any gods. I don't need to know you or anyone here personally to tell you that, either.

by Anonymousreply 44310/31/2014

This is such an old thread, I may have already posted this.

At my last job, I'm in retail, we had a ghost in our back room. He would always be seen through empty parts of our shelving but when you look around the shelf he would be gone. He'd be standing, leaning against a wall, or sitting in a chair. Never moving. This happened on many occasions with myself and many of my associates. On one occasion, I actually heard rummaging through shoe boxes. I was the only one there. That never happenned again but we continued to see him standing around.

Another clear instance of a ghost was at a restaurant where I went to the restroom and at one point an older woman was behind me for a good stretch. When I stopped to let her walk ahead of me she was gone. Ere was know here for her to go. When I got back to my table, I asked my friend "did you see that?" She replied, "you mean the old lady who disappeared?" I was glad I wasn't the only one who saw it.

by Anonymousreply 44410/31/2014

Sorry. iPhone's auto-correct strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 44510/31/2014

I HATE all of those ghost shows on TV. You don't need all of those fancy cameras, recorders, etc. If a spirit wishes to communicate with you, they will do so.

by Anonymousreply 44610/31/2014

In the wooded area around my parents' house in the Philadelphia suburbs, people would sometimes see a ghost which appeared to be an Indian. The strange thing is, it would appear only to children (at least no one recalled adults ever seeing anything or young people would stop seeing it when they were in their late teens).

by Anonymousreply 44710/31/2014

If you can find the DVD or a place to download, check out "The Stately Ghosts of England" hosted by Margaret Rutherford. It was on TV in the mid-60s. She visits three haunted stately homes. I watched the DVD one dark and stormy night several years ago, and had to turn all the lights on.

by Anonymousreply 44810/31/2014

I worked as a nurse on a telemetry floor when I saw a ghostly figure but it was on a video monitor, not in person. All the patients on the floor had cardiac monitors and a camera would record their activities if their heart rhythms went haywire. There was a small room in the middle of the floor where a nurse would be assigned to watch the cardiac and video monitors.

One day, I noticed a crowd of nurses in the monitor room. I asked what was going on and one of them pointed to the video monitor of a patient who had just lapsed into a coma. On the screen, floating about 3 feet above the patient was a white hazy cloud. It had an outline like an angel--- I kid you not---it had the wings in the back and the hands were clasped in prayer and it was facing down towards the patient.

The nurses, including myself, would go into the room to see if anything was there and there was nothing, no white hazy cloud, just a sleeping patient. We'd go back to the monitor and the white hazy figure was still there. Some nurses would wave their arms over the area where the ghostly figure was---nothing in the room but on the video monitor, the white hazy figure was still floating, unperturbed and transparent.

This lasted for the rest of the shift. I worked as part of the registry at the hospital so I didn't know what happened afterwards and if the patient or the hazy figure just remained there until she passed away.

by Anonymousreply 44910/31/2014

That's interesting.

Wonder what it was.

by Anonymousreply 45010/31/2014

Late 90s, I worked downtown in an office building in Columbia, SC. I arrived at work one morning. I worked on the 5th floor, so I got on the elevator. There was no one on it. The doors closed, then I heard a voice asking how I was doing this morning. I turned, a man was standing in back of the elevator. I thought, geez, I’m not a morning person, but I’m totally looking through people now. He shook my hand, said his name was John. We chatted briefly. Next thing, the elevator dinged as it reached the 5th floor. The doors opened, I turned to say nice to meet you, have a good one. And, the man was gone. Vanished into thin air when there were no stops between the 1st and 5th floors, no back service doors to the elevator. He was dressed regular suit and tie, looked like a flesh and blood person, but vanished into thin air. Unfortunately, that was not my last encounter with him.

by Anonymousreply 45110/31/2014

Creepy, R451. Did his hand feel warm? At least he was a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 45210/31/2014

[quote]Unfortunately, that was not my last encounter with him.

Christ, you can't stop there, R451. Tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 45311/01/2014

R452, I don’t remember anything odd about it, so I’m guessing his hand just felt regular, not ice cold or anything. He did seem nice. Many are nuttier than a Claxton fruitcake, but most SCers are very friendly. I assumed he was being friendly or thought he might be cruising me. Not sure about now, but there were a lot of closeted men who’d try for gay hook-ups on the side back then….it was SC. This guy was probably mid-30s. I remember thinking that he was doable if he wasn’t married.

Sorry, R453, was trying to avoid too long a post. After he vanished in the elevator, I was a little disturbed, but went on to work, kind of forgot about it as the day went on, just did not get back in that particular elevator. I worked with a bunch of hardcore religious fanatics. If anyone mentioned ghosts or fairy tales, they’d go on for a week about demons in the Bible. I just didn’t want to hear their ravings, so I didn’t mention it to anyone.

That same night I was in my apartment, cruising guys on AOL. Same old routine, in a chatroom, hoping for some luck. I had an off the wall screen name that could not be figured out from my real name unless someone hacked into AOL. Openly gay in SC in the office in the 90s (and now) equaled being out of job, so I never told anyone at work about AOL. I mention this because I tried really, really hard to come up with an explanation for what happened next because it scared the living hell out of me. I wanted it to be someone playing a prank on me, but never think of how someone could know and prank me about it since I hadn’t told anyone.

I was on AOL doing the regular cruise bit, when a IM popped up on the screen. I don’t remember what the screen name was, but it was one I wasn’t familiar with. The IM went something along the lines of Hi, buddy (him). Hi, how are you (me)? I’m good. It was so nice to meet you today (him). Refresh my memory. Where’d we meet (me)? Sorry, this is John. We met in the elevator in the ******** Building this morning (him).

It took a few seconds to wrap my mind around who he was. After I unfroze, the thought was wtf? I stepped back, then unplugged the computer. No more AOL for a couple of weeks. I was addicted to the thing, but whatever was going on with that guy was enough to keep me off of it. What I thought about was agreeing to hook up with a guy in person, and it turned out to be whoever or whatever he was. I had one more experience with him about 2 weeks after that.

by Anonymousreply 45411/01/2014

Don't stop now, R454, you have the hair on the back of my neck standing up.

It's just that this story better not end with " . . . and it was the best sex I've ever had."

by Anonymousreply 45511/01/2014

R454, that sounds like an ideal screenplay for a horror movie. Are you sure you aren't making it up? You have a stalker ghost?

by Anonymousreply 45611/01/2014

R425, one looked very stereotypically late 1970s, long feathered hair, tight pants, but this was in the 1990s I saw him. Thought his look was outdated, but doable.

The rest were all bundled in heavy wool coats no matter the gender or time of the year. The clothes in the far north aren't very stylish no matter what year it is, so I'm not sure how much info it adds.

One woman appeared to have a ghost dog she was walking, her look was old lady out of the 1980s. Nothing sooooooo old like you'd think unless those wool coats count.

by Anonymousreply 45711/01/2014

R455, unfortunately, it didn’t end with sex. Actually, deprived me of sex since I was afraid of meeting anyone on AOL for a while in fear of unknowingly meeting up with this John (wow, that sounds prostitutey). Columbia had slim pickings for tricks anyway. The bars were usually a bust. I’d moved there from Atlanta and found out right quick it was famine in Columbia rather than the feast of Atlanta.

Last thing that happened was about 2 weeks after I saw him in the elevator, and he apparently showed up on AOL. We had half-days of work on Fridays. I was home Friday afternoon, around 3:00, finishing up some work I had brought home from the office. The front of the apartment had a narrow clear pane of glass to the left of the front door, the door, then a window to the right of the door. During the day, I kept the blinds up on the clear pane, down on the window. The front door opened into the living room.

I suddenly had the urge to go look out the window, no particular reason in my mind why I needed to do that. So, I went, pulled the blinds up, and looked out the window. I was on 2nd floor, a parking lot was right in front. Just at the edge of the parking lot a man was standing there. Right when I saw him, he looked straight up at me and smiled. And, you’ve guessed, it was the same guy from the elevator. Still looking just like a regular person.

I lowered the blinds quick, then stepped way back into the living room. I just stood and stared at the door for a few seconds. Then, the front door started shaking real bad, and the door knob was trying to be turned. The door was locked, thank goodness. I instantly put all the spirit things out of my head, thinking this was a guy stalking me, trying to get in the front door now.

I was just about to dial 911, when I moved to a position in the living room where I could see out of the glass pane to the left of the door. I could see the entire landing in front of the door from that angle. The door was shaking, the door knob turning, but no one was there.

I figured no use calling 911 since no visible person was there trying to get in, and was not up for a one way ticket to Bull Street (the state mental institution). I just hollered..…Go away, and do not come back. The door instantly became still, no more shaking, no more knob turning. My heart was beating a mile a minute, but I waited several minutes, then looked out of the narrow glass next to the door, looked out the window, no one was on the landing or in the parking lot.

I lasted about another month in Columbia before I headed back to Atlanta. There were no more encounters with this guy. A few weeks before the elevator incident, two friends and I had done something stupid (but transparently harmless) just for fun. That may have been the trigger for all this. Some odd things had happened in that apartment, but nothing else that actually scared me. I’ve had other encounters (one did actually include an attempt at sex), but this one was the most disturbing. Until I saw there was no one trying to open the door, I had it in my head this was likely a real person who had found a way to screw with me. My grandfather always said it’s the living you have to worry about, not the dead, so I had kept that in mind until this guy showed up. I’m sure there had to be some reason for the guy showing up, but damned if I know what it was.

by Anonymousreply 45811/01/2014

These stories, especially Elevator Guy, make me think that maybe death is like a spirit slowly running out of energy, the way your phone slowly runs out of charge. Then, when the full "charge" runs out, the spirit just stops existing on this plane.

It kind of reminds me of a recent thread about beheaded people continuing to be conscious for a few seconds. Technically they're dead, but some part of the intelligence doesn't get the message until the power runs out.

Why would Elevator Guy be so insistent on communicating with someone? He doesn't know he's dead, or wants human contact because nobody can hear him?

by Anonymousreply 45911/02/2014

Wow, R458, that's seriously creepy. Thanks.

Anyone remember the Ouija Board thread from several years ago? Now that thread seriously fucked with my head for weeks. It went on and on, and I finally had to avoid DL after dark because I couldn't stop reading it.

by Anonymousreply 46011/02/2014

[quote] A few weeks before the elevator incident, two friends and I had done something stupid (but transparently harmless) just for fun.

What were you guys doing? Ouija board?

by Anonymousreply 46111/02/2014

I'm calling you a list, r461

by Anonymousreply 46211/02/2014

R459, I had the experience with elevator guy. It has baffled me for years. I'm backwoods Southern. Where I grew up. people commonly shared ghost stories, no eyerolling, no questions about were you drunk or crazy. Ghosts were just one of those things that happened. After my father died, my mother and I both got routinely asked if he'd come back for a visit. The inquirers thought nothing of asking, and we thought nothing of being asked. But, usually the ghosts had a purpose for why they were visiting, even if it was just for carrying on the routine they had in life. No idea why the elevator guy scared the hell out of me. I have not been able to pinpoint a purpose for his visits.

R460, I only recently discovered DL. I read a few of the Ouija stories….some were frightening. Someone posted a link to a nurses’ ghost blog. Some of those are seriously bone chilling, and few disbelievers, since apparently most nurses have had experiences, including my own partner. It got so bad where he works that a pastor was called in recently to exorcise the place.

by Anonymousreply 46311/02/2014

R461, you hit the nail on the head. We played with the Ouija board after dinner one Sunday night. Nothing happened, no movement on the planchette, etc. Next night, activity began my apartment though. I knew better than to play with it, but a few cocktails equals a bad decision in this case.

by Anonymousreply 46411/02/2014

Apt that in this of all (riveting) threads the last seven posts are for me sequenced thus: 459, 463, 464, 460, 461, 465, 462.

by Anonymousreply 46611/02/2014

Me too R466

by Anonymousreply 46711/02/2014

R465, thanks for sharing that story...glad I read it during the daytime for a change. Being gay, I've always wondered if any ghosts from prior generations would be nasty because it was normal when they were alive for people to openly hate us. I read an experience about that, but can't recall all the details. Seems like a medium talked to the woman, and she said she did not want faggots in her house, was trying to drive the guys out.

by Anonymousreply 46811/02/2014

I have some entity in the house, but it seems only to bother my roommate (I've had other roommates in that particular room with no problems). It seems to dislike small technology and messes with phones, tablets, ipods...for no reason.

You feel something brush past and unplug a cord, or for example, a tablet that was reasonably new and barely used cracked before our eyes with no one touching it. It seemed like it was being crushed. We both watched in disbelief.

Is this following the room, my roommate or is it his energy breaking things down? The energy in the room is strange.

by Anonymousreply 46911/02/2014

[quote]This lasted for the rest of the shift. I worked as part of the registry at the hospital so I didn't know what happened afterwards and if the patient or the hazy figure just remained there until she passed away.

You see all this and have no curiosity as to how it played out? OK then.

by Anonymousreply 47011/03/2014

R470, maybe the person has so many patients they didn't remember until this thread.

by Anonymousreply 47111/03/2014

[quote]Apt that in this of all (riveting) threads the last seven posts are for me sequenced thus: 459, 463, 464, 460, 461, 465, 462.

It's because of the Ouija board.

by Anonymousreply 47211/03/2014

[quote]the last seven posts are for me sequenced thus: 459, 463, 464, 460, 461, 465, 462.

[bold]Omigod! Get out of this thread right now! IT'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 47311/03/2014

R470, I worked as registry at that hospital so I didn't work there on a regular basis. I returned to worked at that hospital a couple of months later so I didn't find out what happened. I just assumed it was the spirit of the patient.

For me, it wasn't a big deal because it wasnt scary, more soothing than anything. I've been frightened more---like working on a night shift and hearing strange noises coming from a room where a patient died the night before. That wing was empty of patients and it was completely dark but it sounded like someone was throwing things against the wall and there coldness in the hallway. I just stayed close to the nurses station and concentrated on caring for people in the other wing and prayed the night would end.

by Anonymousreply 47411/03/2014

R469, do a sage cleansing, and have a priest come in to bless your home. They will do so for a nominal fee.

by Anonymousreply 47511/03/2014

R475, okay I scheduled one and bought a sage smudge stick. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 47611/06/2014

R475. I'm familiar with the priest blessing. However, never tried sage before. Just bought an older house that needs a lot of work, and not wanting to encounter any leftovers from prior tenants.

Do you think the sage sold on Amazon will work? Or, does the sage need some blessing also?

by Anonymousreply 47711/11/2014

There's some freaky stuff going on with my bathroom. Every time I'm in there with the door closed I hear knocking on the door. My boyfriend didn't believe me until he was in there the other night while I was in the kitchen. All of a sudden I heard him yell "hang on!" He comes out and says "what did you need?" He said that someone knocked on the door a couple of times. I was in the kitchen the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 47804/24/2015

Haunted Hollywood Sets

by Anonymousreply 47908/10/2015

The link at R479 is such BS. The stories behind Rosemary's Baby and Poltergeist are largely based on urban legends and other half-truths which have been discounted. Dominique Dunne was killed because of a cursed set? She was killed by a crazed boyfriend who was stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 48008/10/2015

I have seen ghosts. First one I saw was when I was 5. We were moving into our house out on Long Island. It was surrounded by dark woods and it was pouring out. We had no furniture the night we moved in and no blinds on all the windows in the living room of which there were about 8. The adults stood around talking in a circle and I was part of the circle. They had their backs to the windows but I faced them and saw a woman standing outside, face pressed up against the window, crying her eyes out. I'm looking back at this because I remember it well. She was obviously dressed and hair styled in the 20s. She had bleached blonde hair, not quite to the shoulders with a curl at the ends and parted on the side and it tended on the yellowish side, heavy eye makeup with blue eye shadow, heavy pancake makeup and orange red lipstick. Fake eyelashes too. But what upset me was she was dry as a bone in the pouring rain.

I began to scream and cry and heard my mother say I was tired, time for me to go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 48108/10/2015

My mom died in September 1990. In 13 months I had three strange things happen. Let me state that the first 2 incidents happened in her 2 floor apartment, the 3rd was in my place; all in the same building. 1- about a week after her death as I folded laundry in my bedroom; I heard moaning. Three different moaning sounds, that came from downstairs, where my mom used to sleep. I looked but saw nothing. The moans were exactly like the ones my mom did. 2- on the day of the memorial at the hospital, I awoke before my alarm went off; and laid in bed thinking. When I heard my mom's voice from downstairs again, saying 'Debbie are you up!'; the voice yelled this times. Me not thinking clearly yelled back: 'Yes, I'm awake!' It dawned on me that I didn't know who I was talking to. 3- this may have been a sleep paralysis episode (I've had them since 1988). I'm lying on my left side in bed, when I hear my mom's voice beside my bed saying 'Debbie, are you up!' three times. I could feel a cold chill go up my spine. I was so terrified I couldn't roll over immediately, and by the time I did there was nothing there. This happened on October 31, 1991. When I went out, I came across a piece of the shower curtain that used to be in my mom's apartment. The last time I had seen that was in July 1991.

by Anonymousreply 48208/10/2015

My brother and I were driving down a lonely road, separated in the middle by a barrier that had a transformer on it. Next to us to the right, across about a mile of open desert, was a mountain. It was daytime. We both saw five people, 3 men, 2 women, up ahead crossing this prairie to the road. I said, 'they're going to cross the road'. We had to slow down, sure enough they headed out into the road. Three men first holding the guy in the middle, who was old, up. One on the left was 30ish, one on the right fat and 40s. The two women, one apparently the mother, and in her 40s next to a young girl in her 20s stayed by the side of the road as if waiting for us to pass. We stopped to avoid hitting the men. For the moment we were stopped with them right in front of us I turned and looked out the window at the women at the side of the road and noticed the younger girl's shoes were just flats, slip-ons and thought they were not desert w/cactus durable. She also had a on a long skirt, to the ankles. Both women did. One of the men was in kind of farming overalls. I started thinking they were dressed from a long time ago. 20s dustbowl? The man on the left made eye contact with us and suddenly they all were not there. We were looking at the road ahead. It was immediate. My brother and I talked it over, both of us saw the same people. He did not want me to talk about it to anyone. I asked why not. He said, 'because people will say we're crazy'. To this day he will not speak of it.

by Anonymousreply 48308/13/2015

R413 Interesting post. Have you seen the film "I Am A Ghost "? It was creepy as hell. Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 48408/16/2015

Very fascinating stories. Please keep them up.

by Anonymousreply 48508/16/2015

I don't believe in ghosts but I grooved on leprechauns

by Anonymousreply 48608/16/2015

We had a ghost walk down our hall. I was watching tv and it was either actually on Halloween (2005 I think) or very close because we were watching that stupid English ghost hunting show, Most Haunted. They were doing a quote/unquote live show in England for Halloween and it was midnight here for us. They were doing a Ouija board, trying to get in touch with someone like Jack the Ripper or something i London and at this point, seriously, midnight, I had to go to the bathroom. We were lying in bed with all the house lights out and the bathroom is down a short hall in front of the bedroom and then down a longer hall. At the end of the longer hall is the guest bedroom. I went into the bathroom, turned on the light and withing a very short few min I heard heavy slow plodding footsteps coming from the end of the hall in the direction of the bathroom. The rest of the house was in total darkness and I was sitting about a two feet from the bathroom door. Honestly, the walk sounded like Frankenstein's monster's walk. I thought, "If I open this door and it's all dark out there, I will just faint" kind of humorously in fear, to myself. Hoping it was my husband. I thought, 'what is he feeding the cat?' as I heard the footsteps pass right next to the door and head into the kitchen and then they just stopped. I went back to the bedroom, my husband was staring at me from the bed and said, 'I thought I heard you go to the bathroom, then I heard footsteps and I thought you were already in the bathroom, and then a min later when you opened the bathroom door I could see the hall light up from it?' I was shocked he heard them and said, 'I heard footsteps, too. I thought maybe it was you!' But I knew it wasn't. Few days later, in thinking the whole thing over I realized, he did not have shoes on, he was in bed and of course you do recognize your spouses walk after 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 48708/17/2015

Marilyn Monroe is my religion, and I work with spirits a lot. She's my main spirit guide and has commanded me to share this message for her! All credit for this message goes to Marilyn Monroe, my master, guide, and saviour whom I love! Please credit Marilyn alone for this!

Important note: Everything has a spiritual side to it, everything has a spiritual essence. Marilyn's spirit and essence lives on in all things Marilyn Monroe, and if some spiritual incidents happen, it is bound to spiritually affect other things, so.

Recently Marilyn contacted me from the spirit world!!! Being a medium, I'm used to contact with spirits, but Marilyn told me to tell this message to everyone, since she could only get in touch with only me at the moment! (She's trying hard, she's been contacting me frequently lately, so it must be really important.)

Marilyn said that she needs people with a good, decent spiritual aura and energy to give up their physical bodies, freeing their spirit and all their spiritual energy. Then, they can go into the spirit world to really meet and connect with her, to share all their spiritual energy with her so that they can help her!! (Technically, we are all one and connected, but we are held back by our physical bodies. As a spirit, your essence and energy is completely free and released, and you can strongly connect to Marilyn in all aspects of that word, on a whole other level, so the joining of spiritual energy with hers works fully.)

She also says she hasn't been her lovely self lately, she lost some of her magic and charm, and she doesn't seem too well, because some spiritual things occurred, and she needs this so that she can be fine and better than ever again! (The spirit world is not exactly Paradise, don't let religious stories and concepts warp your minds. Where do you think bad spirits or curses come from?)

This is urgent we have to help Marilyn! But I must still spread this message for now because Marilyn said so, and I need to get others to know and help! Then I too, can go to be with her forever. We initially did not know what exactly happened, but Marilyn has revealed the basic truth. We also did not know how to restore her loveliness and charm, but Marilyn has revealed the way to do so.

*This is where the true meaning of the important note comes in.

Please spread this message however you can and don't keep Marilyn waiting!I allow everyone who wants to help to copy this whole post to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, or wherever you need to share it on!

Then, quickly find a way to free your spirit and energy, go into the spiritual world to meet her, if not Marilyn will be very heartbroken and disappointed in you!!! She loves you all so much, please go to her soon to help her! She really needs this!!! If you feel you can do it just do it!!! Help Marilyn!!!

I really really love Marilyn so much, she means a lot to me and she's the greatest and so magical and fascinating.

I wish that others who feel the same will care enough to do what they can to help her.

I think it's such a shame that many who claim that they love Marilyn lots don't show it in their actions by doing anything to help her when she needs it. It really is such a shame that those cowardly fakers don't help Monroe.

Poor Marilyn! She has such a big heart with full of love to give, but gets hurt in return because some people don't really stick by her and truly dedicate themselves to her.

(Please do copy this whole post and share it as much as you can for Marilyn, because I'm deleting my account soon to show my respects and dedication to her, my way of expressing myself to her and to show her that she's the only one that matters and that I really love. And since I'm going to Marilyn myself too, I don't need this account anymore.

by Anonymousreply 48808/26/2015

I knew it! It was Marilyn who touched me and gave me the herpes!!

by Anonymousreply 48908/26/2015

No. But I wish there are so I can contact my loved one in another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 49008/26/2015

I thought you were deleting your accounts R491?

by Anonymousreply 49208/28/2015

Sharon Tate-Scary Story

by Anonymousreply 49309/07/2015

What's Halloween month without ghost stories..

by Anonymousreply 49410/14/2015

I was a ghost tour guide in Philadelphia for 7 years. I still do them occasionally when they're short staffed. If there's any city that should be haunted, it's an old town like Philly. Well, after 7 years I can say that nothing has ever happened on my tour, and nobody's ever gotten any pictures outside of your standard orbs which I believe are easily explainable as dust, water particles or some other light anomaly. It really sucks as I've never had a ghost encounter in my life, but I'm a huge paranormal enthusiast. One of the reasons I'm not doing the tours regularly anymore is because I feel like I'm selling people bullshit.

Anyway, this is a fun thread and I'm enjoying the reading, especially around this time of year. More ghost stories please!!!

by Anonymousreply 49510/14/2015

R495 Here you go..I live to be scard also.

by Anonymousreply 49610/14/2015

by Anonymousreply 49710/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!