Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What''s With People Who Get Tattoos All Over Their Bodies?

What the hell is wrong with them? I'm referring to those who get whole arms and other parts of the bodies done. Do they actually think that it looks good? It also has to be incredibly painful. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 18806/11/2013

At the risk of this turning into yet another thread about how much DL hates tattoos, perhaps they just like it.

I mean, while it's the extreme minority of cases, I do find the occasional man with a full-sleeve hot.

by Anonymousreply 101/20/2011

they so crazy.

by Anonymousreply 201/20/2011

A certain amount of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 301/20/2011

starting in the late 70's, tattooing became *cool* again. Like all fashions, tattooing has had its day in this regard and reentered the realm of trashiness from whence it came. The only people getting tattoos now are Johnny come lately nerds desperately seeking a *cool* factor, not realizing that, um...it's over. I live in a smallish city where this is very prevalent. embarrassing really. these are the same nerds who get metal in their faces and tongues and those hoop earring piercings. all of them knobs "look at me. i got this cool punk look at the mall!"

by Anonymousreply 401/20/2011

It's gone out of hand, I can't stand looking at someone with a tattoo without smirking at them.

by Anonymousreply 601/20/2011

Gangs & prison.

by Anonymousreply 701/20/2011

Agree r5.

by Anonymousreply 801/20/2011

OP...yes I think they look good and yes it's very painful.%0D %0D r3...mental illness? lol, maybe but it has nothing to do with my ink.%0D %0D r4...I don't do anything to "be cool" or because it's the "cool" thing to do. It will never be over for people who get tattoos because they actually like them, I don't give a shit about people getting them for the wrong reasons. And I got attention from people long before getting any ink so that definitely wasn't a reason for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/20/2011

I never understood about tattoos. How in the world can you think that what was cool and fashionable and relevant at say, 20 will be desirable at 40 or 60 or 80 when your tattoo now has faded and droops down several inches below where it first started? Piercings grow out, hair colors and cuts can be changed, clothing thrown away but tattoos? Seems like it doesn't include too much long term planning.

by Anonymousreply 1101/20/2011

I think its a sign of very low self esteem%0D %0D its also the herd instinct...all those gay guys who get the barbed wire tatto across their upper arms is so tired - or around their ankles - time for a new script

by Anonymousreply 1201/20/2011

[quote]Also, most tattoo freaks have pscychological problems. It's been a proven fact.

Proven by whom?

by Anonymousreply 1301/20/2011

R14, that's pretty stupid. What the hell else is there to do in jail except eat, rape and get tattooed. Did you know 100% of British Royalty during Victorian times were tattooed?

by Anonymousreply 1501/20/2011

'pscychological problems' 'It's gone out of hand' Well, I may have tattoos but at least I can spell. I'm sick of the anti tattoo bias on this site. Okay, the trick you hired was tattooed - big shit. Fuck you, my partner doesn't mind. I guess that's the main thing.

by Anonymousreply 1701/20/2011

One is okay. People with sleeve tattoos or several all over their bodies are freaks to me. Plain and simple. Fringe people. I cannot relate and I don't wish to get too close to them. Live and let live but please, do it OVER THERE, carnival barkers.

by Anonymousreply 1801/20/2011

I liked Daniel Tosh's segment "Athlete or Prisoner?" on his show this week when he showed a variety of tattoos and asked the audience to guess whether the tattoo belong to a professional athlete or a prsioner doing hard time.

by Anonymousreply 1901/20/2011

Speaking of tattoos, Jesse James and Kat Von D. are getting hitched. Why does he bother?

by Anonymousreply 2001/20/2011

Dear Tattoo-Haters:

Thanks for sharing, but we don't care and don't want to fuck your prissy asses anyway.

With lots of inky love:

by Anonymousreply 2101/20/2011

Does this sleeve offend you, R18? I sure as hell don't mind it:

by Anonymousreply 2201/20/2011

[quote] Did you know 100% of British Royalty during Victorian times were tattooed?%0D %0D Really?%0D %0D What did Victoria have tattoed on her body and where was it? And her daughters, Victoria, Alice, Helena, Louise and Beatrice? What and where were their tattooes?

by Anonymousreply 2301/20/2011

Sonny Bill only offends me with his overratedness (is that a word?) let him prove his worth in the World Cup...you know he'll be off after that, anyway...

by Anonymousreply 2401/20/2011

Love you Gen.%0D %0D I'm not the office-worker type so that isn't an issue, but I read an article recently that said approx. 40% of all Americans now have at least 1 tattoo and/or piercing. In other words, get over your non-inked selves or you won't have all that many people to work in your offices.

by Anonymousreply 2501/20/2011

[quote]I do find the occasional man with a full-sleeve hot.

Amen, sister, amen.

by Anonymousreply 2601/20/2011

My dad had hula dancer tattoos, knives and other things from his navy days. They were from 1950. I was always embarrassed by them, it was a sign of our redneck origins.

by Anonymousreply 2701/20/2011

R24, I've heard he has questionable advisers.

I'm glad I'll get an opportunity to see for myself if he's overrated. NBC will be showing the RWC in the US.

by Anonymousreply 2801/20/2011

Victims of sexual abuse and/or severely low self esteem.

by Anonymousreply 2901/20/2011

One of the most pathetic sights when I worked in a nursing home were the saggy old man tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 3001/20/2011

I like people who get huge tats of their children's photographs taken at Sears or Wal-Mart.

Flyover fat white chicks love leg and ankle tattoos with girly girl designs (butterflies, flowers, etc.)

Gay men with tramp stamps (I.e. Reichen) scream "bottom!"

Jews with tattoos are "taking back" the Holocaust on THEIR terms!

by Anonymousreply 3101/20/2011

Tattooed dicks are a Saturday Night TREAT

by Anonymousreply 3201/20/2011

In the words of my old grannie, "Why would anyone put a permanent picture on their body they wouldn't be caught dead hanging on their living room wall?"

by Anonymousreply 3301/20/2011

For you R23. Perhaps you should see where you fall on the autism spectrum. Your pet interests seem to include being able to name the British family during Victorian times. That was impressive for about 7 minutes back before the internet.

by Anonymousreply 3401/20/2011

This thread is crazy. The posts about people being menatally ill if they have tattoos must be from the mind of some very sheltered people.

by Anonymousreply 3501/20/2011

It's the excessive piercings that creep me out. Tatooing and piercing are closely related.

by Anonymousreply 3601/20/2011

I like them

by Anonymousreply 3701/20/2011

Tattoos are hideously ugly. Yeah, once in a while you see one when it has a certain look and looks okay on the right guy based on how handsome he is, what he's wearing or how in shape he is. But that combination is very rare.%0D %0D The sleeves and excessive tattoo coverage is disgusting and ruins a person's body. And as they start to age, tattoos look even worse. And no, tattoos are not art. If you have something you need to write down, get a journal or buy some art, but stop writing and inking your body.%0D %0D And these women on the red carpet who have tattoos look horrible. For example, Angelina Jolie is probably one of the most beautiful women around. But showing her tattoos just ruins the whole look.%0D

by Anonymousreply 3801/20/2011

I can stand a few tattoos that can be covered with clothing but what freaks me out are the piercings and those huge gaping holes in ear lobes. Those people have some kind of body dymorphia problem or are screaming for attention.

by Anonymousreply 3901/20/2011

[quote]Angelina Jolie is probably one of the most beautiful women around.

Now, YOU'RE the one who has mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 4001/20/2011

I can't even go through the check-out line at Trader Joes when the cashier has those giant holes through their ear. I just go to another cashier.%0D %0D What the fuck are those holes all about? Why on earth would you intentionally put quarter-size holes in your ears?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4101/20/2011

look at this:

by Anonymousreply 4201/20/2011

A few tattoos on people of a certain generation - I'm thinking Gen Xers and early Gen Yers - is one thing, seeing as how tattoos were more taboo during their youth. But today's kinds/young adults tattoo collect out of some sick attentionwhoredom conformity complex. Very rare is the under 30 person who gets a tat just for personal meaning/themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4301/20/2011

I'm one of the more pro-tatt people here, and even I'm at a loss to explain the stretched earlobes, because those don't ever really go back.

I joked to a friend of mine in my O-Chem class who is about my age that she and I should pioneer techniques for earlobe reconstruction, because in about fifteen years, we'd have made a mint.

There are also a disturbing number of kids who have their lips pierced. I see one or two around campus who have their lips pierced twice.

Of course, my first thought was "how in the world do these kids expect to get an MRI" which is probably where my brain is.

by Anonymousreply 4401/20/2011

I hate those big ear hole things too. You can't cover those up with a shirt. And who are the assholes who get face tattoos? Do you really think that's attractive?

by Anonymousreply 4501/20/2011

I had an experience with a hot, professional guy that had a full sleeve.

I went rock hard watching him pull a perfectly pressed and starched white dress shirt with french cuffs over his masterpiece. HOT!

by Anonymousreply 4601/20/2011

How do people like Zombie Boy even travel? Who would sit next to this??

by Anonymousreply 4701/20/2011

He works in a sideshow right R47?

by Anonymousreply 4801/20/2011

Tattoos scream "meth"

by Anonymousreply 4901/20/2011

I'm in my mid 40's and have a number of friends who have one or two small, tasteful tattoos (and one or two friends with larger ones.) They are common in the crowd that I run in. I admire the way they look and constantly think about getting one myself. But what stops me is the thought of how I will feel about it in 20-30 years. Will it hold the same appeal? Will it just be an ugly stain or blob on my then-changed body? Therefore do I *really* need it now, anyway? It just seems so "of the moment." Not trendy per-se, but I recognize that it's gonna be there the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 5001/20/2011

r27: despite your father's tattos, I'm curious to know what kind of man your father was regardless of his redneck origins. Your comment seems more a reflection on how you think others saw him rather than how he might have actually been.

by Anonymousreply 5101/20/2011

What are the people who worry about faded or saggy tattoos going to do when the rest of their body starts to sag? I think they'll take it pretty hard.

by Anonymousreply 5201/20/2011

r44 there are already people who specialize in repairing stretched lobes.

by Anonymousreply 5301/20/2011

Would you hang the same piece of art in your house forever? No.%0D %0D Then why would you ink your body forever?%0D %0D Get a journal; write it down there.

by Anonymousreply 5401/20/2011

Is there anyone who has ever looked at someone without tattoos and thought%0D "he's/she's attractive, but they'd really be hot with some tats"? %0D %0D What tattoo can improve on the%0D look of smooth, natural toned human flesh?

by Anonymousreply 5501/20/2011

Just think how gross those people are going to look when they're older and the tats they have on their tits are now on their bellies.

by Anonymousreply 5601/20/2011

I know im in the tiny minority but I love a good fag with a tramp stamp.

by Anonymousreply 5701/20/2011

I went into a tattoo parlor with a friend who wanted another piercing in her earlobe and some kids in their late teens/early twenties were just hanging out in there socializing. It seemed like they were trying to be shocking by dropping "cunt" and other words, talking about drugs, etc. around us "old farts" because they would say it looking straight at us like they wanted a reaction. We had a good laugh when we left. They were trying way too hard to be rebellious and cool. I've decided that it's partly a scream for attention. If I were the shop owners I would have kicked their ass out for loitering. We were in there for a good hour and they were still hanging around when we left.

by Anonymousreply 5801/20/2011

[quote]He works in a sideshow right

No, he's in daycare.

by Anonymousreply 5901/20/2011

[quote]Just think how gross those people are going to look when they're older and the tats they have on their tits are now on their bellies.

Really, that argument is kind of pointless. The kind of people that get tats dont give a fuck about how they will look when they start to sag. Its about being young and living in the moment. And most women with sagging tits cover them anyway, with the exception of Aretha Franklin and a few others.

by Anonymousreply 6001/20/2011

Kelly Osbourne looks like shit. Like some on the Golden Globe red carpet women with willy nilly tats. Kelly is now having most removed because she knows they look terrible in high fashion.

by Anonymousreply 6101/20/2011

I was thinking more about bitch tits, not Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 6201/20/2011

Boring, ugly.%0D %0D Naked skin is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 6301/20/2011

I'm watching Debi Mazur's husband on THE TALK and he's adorable, but he's got these ugly tatts near his skinny biceps. %0D %0D Blek.

by Anonymousreply 6401/20/2011

[quote][R44] there are already people who specialize in repairing stretched lobes.%0D %0D Damn, damn, damn!

by Anonymousreply 6501/20/2011

Doesn't mean they couldn't stand a little more competition, Voice.

Most of the tattoos and piercings don't bother me much even if I think some of them look dumb. It's the scarification and self-amputations and bizarre genital augmentations that really creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 6601/20/2011

Luv ya too, metalhead.

R43 (and others): Just in case you didn't get it earlier. You wanna essentialize all people under 30 with ink as issue-laden attention-whores, sure, go ahead.

We don't have any of those on the DL. Especially the over-30 and tatoo-and-piercing-haters.

I have a few funny yet predictable tales of some squealing queens getting a glimpse of some ink and shrieking about how terrible it is to tattoo oneself. I'll spare you the particulars, pretty boring. But in the end, I think it's just control-freaky "white" guys who wish they were Martha Stewart getting ample cock in-between manicures.

And, for what it's worth, I think LA is paradise if you're into hot boys with lotsa ink. Great artists, too.

by Anonymousreply 6701/20/2011

My brother in law was in the Navy during the Vietnam War, when tattoos were still pretty much a lowlife thing identified with criminals, sailors and carnies. He said he considered getting one but thought better of it after seeing what happened to the tattoos on old Navy guys after twenty or thirty years. %0D %0D Your skin keeps regenerating and changing all through your life and tattoos get blurry and lose their original shape. You can get them redone or taken off, I guess. %0D %0D My mother used to say that young people deliberately uglify themselves in order to keep the old people off.

by Anonymousreply 6801/20/2011

Some of you with tattoos seem like nice folks, but I would not be attracted to you, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6901/20/2011

Most tattoo people are involved with drugs, because it's insane to be tattered up.

by Anonymousreply 7001/20/2011

Tattoos are for stupid people who think "essentialize" is a real word.

by Anonymousreply 7101/20/2011

Tattoo-hate is not just limited to datalounge. Loads of gay sites I visit have comment threads full of ink-hate. I have some very finely detailed tattoos that are just as clear as they were when I got them 15yrs ago. Sun damage causes the blurring and bleeding. I also keep myself in good shape so nothing, flesh or ink, is sagging yet. I researched the history of tattooing when I was studying and I read that in western cultures it prevails amongst marginalised people because it makes a statement about people's ownership of their own bodies. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I got my tattoos for myself and not to impress some prissy cookie-cutter queens with aspirations of being 'high class', whatever that's meant to mean.

by Anonymousreply 7201/20/2011

Tattoos are not just a deal breaker; they are a nonstarter. Period.

by Anonymousreply 7301/20/2011

It depends how many tattoos one has, and sometimes where the tattoos are placed.%0D %0D Kat Von D and the other wildly all-over tattooed woman who Jesse James had an affair with are extremist in the enormous number of tattoos all over every part of the body.%0D %0D The enormous crucifix on the back of the present The Bachelor, Brad Womack, is a huge turn-off and rather hideous because it is so HUGE and covering so much of his back.%0D %0D The lead singer of Maroon Five, Adam Levine, has ruined the attractiveness of his body with all-over excessive tattoos.%0D %0D It seems that many get more and more tattoos just to prove to themselves that their original tattooing was not a mistake.%0D %0D Sometimes a few tasteful tattoos is okay - but it is definitely a FAD and an attempt to be cool, and with-it, and hip.

by Anonymousreply 7401/20/2011

Hairy guys with tats, who then shave arms, chests, legs to show them off. Tats and body stubble.

Double deal-breaker!

by Anonymousreply 7501/20/2011

[quote]Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I got my tattoos for myself and not to impress some prissy cookie-cutter queens with aspirations of being 'high class', whatever that's meant to mean.%0D %0D Word.

by Anonymousreply 7601/20/2011

R76, but you would not have even thought of getting tattoos if you had not seen other people getting them and if it were not a fad and if it were not considered cool or rebellious or anti-status quo.%0D %0D You are product of your environment.%0D %0D Since getting tattoos is not an original thought or an original task, you are following what you see.

by Anonymousreply 7701/20/2011

[quote]Since getting tattoos is not an original thought or an original task, you are following what you see.%0D %0D You know, try as I do not to be rude about anything, I think I have that right in this case: I've read a lot of dumb things here over the years, and that's one of them.

by Anonymousreply 7801/20/2011

Not much of a deep thinker, are you, Voice of the Night.%0D %0D Psychology, sociology, social psychology, and anthropology, motivational behavior, and fads go right past you, I see.

by Anonymousreply 7901/20/2011

There are a lot of threads on DL where the so-called liberal gays on the site prove themselves to be conservative, judgmental, and ridiculous. This is one of them.

It seems impossible for some people on DL to accept that adults will live their lives the way they want to, not caring one whit whether some anonymous DLer approves or not.

by Anonymousreply 8001/20/2011

R61, good example bringing up Kelly Osbourne.%0D %0D She is a perfect example of how one's focus can radically change in just a few short years.%0D %0D And, thereby, making one deeply regret getting tattooed.%0D %0D She went from an overweight, immature, rebellious, trying to be edgy person to one who delights in wearing evening gowns and skin-baring dresses and involved in fashion as a job where revealing tattoos looks trashy and unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 8101/20/2011

Whenever I see excessive tats on someone, I wonder how much $$ was spent on the ink. The person probably has zero in savings - lives paycheck to paycheck. %0D %0D Full disclosure: I have a small tat on my arm. I was 27 and was rebelling against the oppressive corporate environment in which I was enslaved. (that showed them !!)

by Anonymousreply 8201/20/2011

I do hope people who are getting more tattoos are doing it because they like it. Because if they think it's a social statement or edgy or anything like that, they're wrong. They are now a cultural cliche now that everyone has them and has them in abundance.

by Anonymousreply 8301/20/2011

I'm the dork here... I just think the human skin is so much better than the ink they get. I guess it is just a difference of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 8401/20/2011

I was at the beach in Sydney today and it seemed like every second person had a tatoo. One guy had both arms covered in them and a hideous tat on his calf. This is such a flashy, trashy city.

by Anonymousreply 8501/20/2011

This is fucking hot...

by Anonymousreply 8601/20/2011

Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8701/20/2011

R85, but Sonny's still hot as hell. Too bad he got caught with a woman in the stall and not a guy. Would've been hotter

by Anonymousreply 8801/20/2011

R72, you said it far better than I ever could; thanks.

R71, it's been a verb in English since the 17th c., so bite me. (And no, English isn't my mother tongue but I know enough to look up a word and make sure I'm using in correctly before I put it in a sentence.)

VotN (et al.): Any ideas why the regulars around here are even more judgmental than usual the past few months? As if there's some estrogen-related meltdown in the queer data cloud. Freaky.

by Anonymousreply 8901/21/2011

[quote]VotN (et al.): Any ideas why the regulars around here are even more judgmental than usual the past few months? As if there's some estrogen-related meltdown in the queer data cloud. Freaky.%0D %0D Tattoos have always been a prickly issue here. There are probably a half-dozen of us who like them and have one or two or twelve, and a large populace that feels compelled to tell us that we're mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 9001/21/2011

This thread is PROOF that datalounge is full of age 50+ queens who never leave their basements. You must all be so...old. Who gives a fuck what it will look like when you are 70, you won't be getting fucked then anyway, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 9101/21/2011

I don't mind prison tats, but really elaborate work just makes someone look as totally vain and self-obsessed as gym bunnies. People who spend that much time obsessing over their bodies do not have time to read anything good.

by Anonymousreply 9201/21/2011

I still can't understand why people ugly themselves with tattoos. It is so trailer park trash

by Anonymousreply 9301/22/2011

[quote] This thread is PROOF that datalounge is full of age 50+ queens who never leave their basements. You must all be so...old. Who gives a fuck what it will look like when you are 70, you won't be getting fucked then anyway, grandpa.

Go join a Circus, you tattoo freak.

by Anonymousreply 9401/22/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 9505/06/2011

I love the DL pearl-clutchers who freak out over circumcision, tattoos and piercings.

If it bothers you so much, don't look at them, don't touch them and don't fuck them.

And I am fairly certain that they will return the favor.

In fact, I am certain of it.

by Anonymousreply 9605/06/2011

I don't get it either. I see really young guys and gals sporting huge body sized tattoos. Most of them will grow to regret it in the next 10 or 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 9705/06/2011

I find some tatoos becoming, as long as they can't be seen while wearing a business suit. But if you look like you fell asleep wrapped up naked in the Sunday paper comic section - -R86 - - Ohhhhhh noooooo! That's gone too far.

by Anonymousreply 9805/07/2011

I don't mind tattoos at all but half the people who get them just get some lame flash thing or something that's important to another culture that they know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 9905/07/2011

R99 is describing my lame ex who has a Lion of Judah tattooed on his back. He's a white dude who doesn't even smoke pot and the only reggae music he owned was Bob Marley's greatest hits. I broke up with him when he proved to be a real live racist. But still that tattoo, what a moron.

Another friend of mine has a Ganesh tattoo even tho she knows nothing about Hinduism. Apparently she decided to change one very important color in the picture from blue to red b/c it looks better on her and it's offensive and stupid looking to actual Indians.

by Anonymousreply 10005/07/2011

Full sleeves can be kind of sexy but tattoos have become so expected these days that single tats that aren't really well-done and creative usually just look dumb. My smartest friend from high school has a tattoo of a dinosaur on her wrist.

by Anonymousreply 10105/07/2011

You don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 10205/07/2011

They're just not for me, but God Bless anyone who wants to go get one or transform their entire body.%0D %0D I'd be curious to hear their thoughts the day they decide they'd like to have them all removed.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10305/07/2011

I don't mind them on the right guy ( like Adam Levine lol). But I do wonder if they consider how they're going to look at 65 with all those tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 10405/07/2011

i really believe people who are overly tatted have some kind of look at me issue. It's a definite red flag.

by Anonymousreply 10505/07/2011

[quote] One of the newest trends in body modification comes in the form of corset piercings.

Now this is gross and I would imagine extremely painful!

by Anonymousreply 10605/07/2011

They're very uncomfortable in their own skin, so they try to hide behind all those tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 10705/07/2011

You talking 'bout ME?

Hmm, let's see....mom murdered when I was a teen, severe drug addictions, difficulty with relationships (married three times), left music business to direct porn.....

by Anonymousreply 10805/07/2011

Tattoos aren't a trend like dyeing your hair pink or getting a Tin Tin or whatever stupid kind of trendoid haircut, things which can change pretty much change immediately.

With tats you are pretty much stuck with drawings on your body for a long period of time! In most cases, for the rest of your life.

My understanding about the removable process, it's just as painful as getting the tattoos, that's why most people who start to hate their tats end up keeping them.

by Anonymousreply 11005/07/2011

That should have read: "things which you can pretty much change immediately."

by Anonymousreply 11105/07/2011

I am both fascinated and repulsed by tats. And I readily admit that the repulsion is cultural bias. There is a guy in my building who has his arms completely covered. I can't help staring and I asked him if that bothered him. They are an all-over design and it is hard to make out what it is all about, although I wouldn't mind a few hours of alone time with the hottie discovering what they all are.

Another good friend has quite a few and some of them are amazing and beautiful works of art. Each has a personal meaning to him and he actually had a hand in the design of them. I wrote a blog piece about my favourite one - a stunning Phoenix tat that surrounds his nipple. A collared, long-sleeve shirt will cover all of his artwork.

I just hope he doesn't get his ears stretched. That does skeeve me a bit.

by Anonymousreply 11205/07/2011

Here's a list of Dave Navarro's tattoos and what each represents for him.

There's also clip of Navarro getting a tat of his late mom done by Kat Von D on her "LA Ink" show.

Many posters here can't stand Kat, but she's looks great in this clip, she has beautiful facial skin, it's luminous.

Nikki Sixx is also in this clip, so it's definitely pre Jesse James.

by Anonymousreply 11305/09/2011

[quote]I wrote a blog piece

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 11405/09/2011

Why waste your time getting multiple tattoos, when you can just get one large one on your back. Of your World of Warcraft character.

by Anonymousreply 11505/11/2011

I can appreciate a well drawn, well colored original tattoo.

Not so much a fan of tattoo #36 that someone picks off a wall.

Also not a fan of tats on darker skin- I think darker skin is gorgeous in itself and tats ruin the texture (they tend to scar).

I work with actors, and almost all the ones under 30 have a tat somewhere that I have to cover up. A lot of them regret them because of work, some say, "fuck it" and get more. I was sort of shocked to see that Sly Stallone's chest is completely tatted.

Here's a website of broken dreams:

by Anonymousreply 11605/12/2011

Brands belong on cattle...

by Anonymousreply 11705/12/2011

The only time I care is when it's a really hot guy with a great body and his tattoos look ridiculous. Case in point: Josh Wald continues to add stupid tattoos all over his gorgeous body. Just do not understand it. Fortunately, for many of his photos, the ink gets photoshopped out.

by Anonymousreply 11805/12/2011

What a bunch of judgmental assholes on this page. Don't just assume people are mentally ill or seeking attention simply because they want to get their bodies tattooed.

Why not take the time to ASK THEM PERSONALLY why they got tattooed before you go jumping to conclusions about them. If you asked 10 different people I'm sure you'd get 10 different answers. I'm getting my whole body tattooed because it's a beautiful art form that's been in existence for centuries. Whenever I go into the shop and pay my tattooist to add a new tattoo to my collection I look at it as supporting the arts. Art is subjective. What one person may deem ugly another may deem exquisite.

Have nice day. Daniel J Cartier Avid tattoo aficionado.

by Anonymousreply 11908/07/2012

Daniel J Cartier maybe you could be hung in an art gallery.

by Anonymousreply 12008/07/2012

I just got lost in that bad tattoo blog and wound up on the blog of an autistic guy who has been in prison for nearly 20 years for loaning his car to a guy who was found not guilty of using that car to get to a place to kill a different guy. Anyway, the autistic guy was housed next to a guy called Tattoo who tattooed Mrs. Tattoo on his wife's forehead and she's on the ugliest tattoo site and a couple of mugshots. This is the autistic prisoner's blog:

by Anonymousreply 12108/07/2012

This thread is like being at church. Prissy gay church full of old marys clutching their pearls.

by Anonymousreply 12208/07/2012

Get a load of Ms. R122.

by Anonymousreply 12308/07/2012

Aren't tattoos expensive? How do all of the trailer trash people afford them? The cashier at the local 7-11 must have about a thousand of them but they are all the same color. Dos that make a difference or are they homemade? I am fascinated by this thread

by Anonymousreply 12408/07/2012

I have an ex who was a squat punk and they did have a couple of tattoo guns amongst the group and would give each other and themselves terrible tats when they were fucked up which was pretty much 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 12508/07/2012

The autistic prisoner turned out to be a Tea Party bigot. He can rot in prison forever. Don't read his blog or sign his petition.

by Anonymousreply 12608/07/2012

Getting Tattooed all over or just with a small design,whichever way you look at it, it's very personal to that individual and you should never be ignorant by judging a book by it's cover. The fact some people dislike Tattoos is personal to them,however they best keep their opinions to themselves as a heavily tattooed person may be a better person or more intelligent than that person who has made it their business to pass judgement.

by Anonymousreply 12710/31/2012

What a total crap fest r127 is. If it's alright to compliment a person, it is also alright to voice dismay at self inflicted bit of ugliness in the eye of the beholder.

Those with tattooed body parts or in total are simply more senselessly vain than others. It's no different from those with bones stuck their nose or big lip expanders used by some African tribe people.

It may float their boat, but no one has to keep their dismay to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12810/31/2012

I've been watching a show called "Four Weddings" lately. It's about four trashy loudmouths with no class who have extravagant weddings that cost tens of thousands of dollars. Every week it's four different trashy loudmouths.

Apparently now all wedding dresses in America are the same white full skirt with a strapless corset above, whether the bride weighs 100 lbs or 400 lbs. Nothing on earth would make a single one of these women cover their arms, not even flabby batwings on a 250 lb woman with the body of a potato sack. And more often than not, their arms, back, chest and neck are covered with tacky, black, or faded tattoos. Every one of these has to be shown, whether in church, or an expensive, tasteful venue like a hotel or marina, regardless of religious prohibition or the hapless eyes of the participants. All of these women are told they are beautiful, even the one who looked like a stuffed sausage jammed with a shoehorn into a lace curtain sarong, giant arms and backfat exploding over the top of the corset.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 12910/31/2012

Saw and listened to Daniel J Carter on the web. Congrats, and I wish you well.

by Anonymousreply 13010/31/2012

Every older person I know with tattoos says they regret getting them. I guess it's like being reminded of all the stupid shit you did back in your 20s every time you look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 13110/31/2012

I expect to be covered in them by the time I'm 25. Because, you know, that's like what all the real trend-setters are doing.

by Anonymousreply 13210/31/2012

You guys are silly. There are tons of trashy idiots with crap all over their bodies. However, there are a lot more people with beautiful works of art that have been put there by extremely talented artists. Luckily for the majority of you, their intentions are not to please, or disgust the public. It's not about what you think, it's about what they want.

I am covered from my neck down to my toes, and have never been diagnosed with a mental condition. I am also happily employed, I don't have to cover my tattoos and am in a very legitimate and lucrative line of work.

To make assumptions about 1 person based on what they wear or how they look is pretty narrow minded.

by Anonymousreply 13311/18/2012

sleeves are hot on the right guy. on the wrong guy, they just look like a silly affectation.

by Anonymousreply 13411/18/2012

it's been my experience that almost everyone I know with tattoos get them so they'd seem cool or 'edgy.' It's a very "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 13511/18/2012

Tattoos were hot 60 years ago when a sailor would tattoo a naked woman or something like that on his forearm. Tats lost their hotness when gays started doing it.

by Anonymousreply 13611/18/2012

I know one guy who is very good looking and he has basically ruined his body by having it COVERED in tattoos. He has both arms totally covered, has a big one on his neck, a big one on his lower back, two on one hand, and a big one on his chest.

I don't know if he has psychological problems or not, but he's going to regret that shit when he gets older and they start fading, drooping, and the wrinkles set in.

by Anonymousreply 13701/17/2013

Has the guy who got his entire body tattooed as a zombie committed suicide yet?

by Anonymousreply 13901/17/2013

Tats were hot until gay guys got them and then they weren't. Posing is never attractive. Why did so many gays get tats and now so many hate them?

by Anonymousreply 14001/17/2013

My grandpas heavily tattooed and he's a multimillionaire. The person makes the tattoos, not the other way around. Fuck haters and do what makes you happy. People who call other people 'sick' for being heavily tattooed, are pretty sick themselves. What makes your shit not stink like mine?

by Anonymousreply 14101/24/2013

Yes, because someone is a multi-millionaire, they are exempt from the circus crowd!

by Anonymousreply 14201/24/2013

There's a study or two around showing an elevated incidence of borderline personality disorder in tattooed people which increases with extensive tattooing and other body modifications. As you might expect.

by Anonymousreply 14401/24/2013

[quote]You eldergays had your bell bottom pants and platform shoes, we have tattoos. I think tattoos are a helluva lot less embarrassing.

Well, Sonny, my bell bottoms and platforms are long gone, 30 years ago.

What will you be doing with your tattoos in 30 years? Still wearing them?

by Anonymousreply 14501/25/2013

What is up with relatively classy women who have full sleeve tats?

by Anonymousreply 14601/25/2013

I've said this before but...they ceased being edgy and cool when my mother went out and got one and her soccer frau neighbor got her nipples pierced.

When grannies start on the trend it's over.

by Anonymousreply 14701/25/2013

I am cracking up at R129. So true. Brides coming down the aisle with tats is gross.

[quote] All of these women are told they are beautiful, even the one who looked like a stuffed sausage jammed with a shoehorn into a lace curtain sarong, giant arms and backfat exploding over the top of the corset.

Too bad these girls can't be talked out of these dresses or put on a shrug to cover that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 14801/25/2013

R143, that's the dumbest comparison ever. I left my bell bottoms back in 1973. Where are your tattoos going to be in forty years? Oh, that's right: all over your crepe-y neck, your chicken-skin left arm, and your sagging, jowly face.

Really, just dumb, dumb, dumb.

by Anonymousreply 14901/25/2013

I like most tats, I don't have any myself.

As an eldergay, one of many things that drive my crazy are the batshit gays that hate tats. They constantly complain about how you'll look when you're old.

Well I got news for you sweeties, when you're above 50, people stop checking you out. Tattoos or not.

by Anonymousreply 15001/25/2013

Well, I got news for you, R150. When you're above 50, and have tattoos, people *do* check you out. Just not in the way you'd like.

Seriously, I know someone who's >50 and in need of near-constant attention. He got a bunch of tattoos, and is now something of a laughingstock in his community. I just roll my eyes and thank God it's not me.

by Anonymousreply 15101/25/2013

A tattooed Matt Gone poses before the opening of a five-day tattoo exhibition in Venezuela.

by Anonymousreply 15201/25/2013

It's a desperate ploy for attention. Look at me etc.

by Anonymousreply 15301/25/2013

Tattoos disrupt the body's electrical alignment, otherwise known as chakras. This explains the prevalence of tattooed persons and drug addictions, alcoholism, crime, and imprisonment.

The real question is: what came first, the misaligned chakras or the personality disorders? Did the tattoos cause the disoprder, or did the person get tattoos in an unconscious way to heal this misalignment?

I think its a good topic to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 15401/25/2013

R152, that is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 15501/25/2013

What always cracks me up is these guys that cover their bodies in artwork and quotes. It's all for attention, but if you start reading their tattoos in line at the grocery store, they turn around all defensive and say something to you like, "What the fuck you lookin' at, fool?"

by Anonymousreply 15601/25/2013

R156, True. LoL. It's happened to me too.

by Anonymousreply 15701/25/2013

I work in HR for a very large company. I look at tattoos the same way as clothing...what is appropriate for the job and position. Accounting or promotions, not a problem. Customer service or leadership positions, major problem. If someone gets an overly noticeable tattoo, they've automatically scratched themselves off the hiring list for many positions.

by Anonymousreply 15801/26/2013

[quote]My grandpas heavily tattooed and he's a multimillionaire. The person makes the tattoos, not the other way around. Fuck haters and do what makes you happy. People who call other people 'sick' for being heavily tattooed, are pretty sick themselves. What makes your shit not stink like mine

Your grandpa must look like crap. You do realize that tattoos are a sign of insecurity with a leaning toward being a pyschopath.

by Anonymousreply 15901/26/2013

[quote]What is up with relatively classy women who have full sleeve tats

They were never classy.

by Anonymousreply 16001/26/2013

[quote]I think it is very sexy. Old people over 35 hate it of course. People my age (23) think nothing of someone having tattoos all over. I do not think less of a person if they have tattoos all over, even on their faces. Its just a generational thing. You eldergays had your bell bottom pants and platform shoes, we have tattoos. I think tattoos are a helluva lot less embarrassing

Yeah, but you can change your style of clothes with the changing times. Tattoos are permanent, and a major mistake when you get older.

by Anonymousreply 16101/26/2013

[quote]One is okay. People with sleeve tattoos or several all over their bodies are freaks to me. Plain and simple. Fringe people. I cannot relate and I don't wish to get too close to them. Live and let live but please, do it OVER THERE, carnival barkers

I run the other way when I see someone covered with tattoos. Just, Ewwwwwww!

by Anonymousreply 16201/26/2013

[quote]Thanks for sharing, but we don't care and don't want to fuck your prissy asses anyway

I don't want your tattooed dick, either.

by Anonymousreply 16301/26/2013

Enough with this nonsense about tattoos will look awful when you get older. Tattoos look like shit when you're yournger too.

And I'm not hiring you if I see you have tattoos. And you'll never know why because I won't tell you. So if you think I'm practicing discrmination--you're right. Next candidate, please.

by Anonymousreply 16401/26/2013

[quote]My brother in law was in the Navy during the Vietnam War, when tattoos were still pretty much a lowlife thing

It's still a lowlife thing.

by Anonymousreply 16501/26/2013

What r164 said!

by Anonymousreply 16601/26/2013

[quote]And I'm not hiring you if I see you have tattoos. And you'll never know why because I won't tell you. So if you think I'm practicing discrmination--you're right. Next candidate, please.

Cunts like you are why the workplace is so miserable. Hope you enjoy it when someone decides not to hire you because they don't like gays.

And no, I'm not a tattoo lover - don't even have one.

by Anonymousreply 16701/26/2013

The cashier at the grocery store yesterday made me sad because he was very young, late teens, and already covered in them. You could see them on his neck above his collar and on his hands. I hope he is not stuck in low paying jobs his entire life because of visible tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 16801/26/2013

People with a lot of tattoos were sexually, physically, or verbally abused as children. They hate themselves so much they try to hide behind tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 16901/26/2013

I have a crush on a girl who works at my bank. She is very pretty, feminine and classy until I checked her out on the net and saw she has a full sleeve !!! It just looked so incongruous. Does she have mental problems?

by Anonymousreply 17001/26/2013

Remember when Ricky Martin starting going crazy and getting all those tattoos in the early 2000's? I wonder if these people really do have some kind of issues (his were obviously being in the closet).

There's a guy I know who everyone thinks is gay (but he won't admit it) and he has tattoos everywhere - on his back, both arms, his chest, and his legs.

by Anonymousreply 17101/26/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 17201/26/2013

R172. Making fun of people who like Judy, Liza and Barbra does not make tatoos attractive--and offering your opinion about tattoos is what this particular thread is all about.

by Anonymousreply 17301/26/2013

Does anyone have a tattoo (or more) of Judy, Liza and/or Barbra?

by Anonymousreply 17401/26/2013

If you don't like INK, don't get it!

Pretty simple.

Some of you need to get a life, find a hobby, get out of the basement and do some volunteer work.

by Anonymousreply 17501/26/2013

[quote]This thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that homosexuals are the most jaw-droppingly arrogant, judgmental, ultra-paranoid, snobby, elitist, cold-blooded, reptilian demographic of cunts on earth. And exactly the reason I prefer hanging out with straight guys over you miserable, stuffy old queens. And no, I don't have a tattoo anywhere on my body.

You are so wrong on so many levels! Many straight people hate tattoos on people as well.

by Anonymousreply 17601/26/2013

R163, I actually know someone who got his dick tattooed. And then he carried around pictures of it and would just whip one out and put it on the table in front of you during dinner. No shit.

Total attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 17701/26/2013

[quote]Some of you need to get a life, find a hobby, get out of the basement and do some volunteer work.

I agree, people need to stop the tattoo craze, and concentrate on getting a decent job. Finding a hobby is a much better solution than inking themselves.

by Anonymousreply 17801/26/2013

There's nothing sexier than a tattooed, roided-out, worn out, popper-sniffing, dope shooting, prolapsed assholed, fist fucking, whip cracking, piss drinking poz pig.

by Anonymousreply 17901/26/2013

My question exactly r46

by Anonymousreply 18001/27/2013

What indeed is wrong with some of them? This video has gone viral. Some mom is getting a toddler tattooed while he screams.

by Anonymousreply 18101/29/2013

Time for you medication, R182

by Anonymousreply 18301/29/2013

R182, is a flamer!!!

by Anonymousreply 18401/29/2013

R182 is the gayest gay who ever gayed. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 18501/29/2013

On second reflection, I take back what I said about 182. I had knee jerk reaction. He is right.

by Anonymousreply 18601/29/2013

I don't think that you get tattoos because it is a 'trend' or 'in style' or that you want to seem like you are rebellious. It is incredibly short sighted to think this, you are judging people by something that may mean a lot to them. Sure if you get a giant picture of Jack Black on your arse its not going to be very meaningful. I have a half sleeve and it means a great deal to me, and it makes me feel happy every time I see it. I did not get it to impress anyone I got it because I liked it and that it reminds me of happy times and when I was going through some depressing times with death everywhere around me. Who cares what you look like in 20 or 30 years, for all we know Earth could have taken a turn for the worse when oil runs out and wars break out over the last drops of clean water. Do us a favour and keep your opinions to yourself because quite frankly if we really cared what people think of us and our tattoos, do you get them in the first place? Yea some people like football, some people like hockey, some people are attracted to skinny people, some people are attracted to fat people. Some people are attracted to people with tattoos and some are not. Life is too short to want to impress every single person on the planet. Would you care if I died tomorrow? No. So why would you care if people have tattoos? You don't, so stop whining and do somethings else with your time instead of ranting about something that isn't important. Live the life the way you want to live it, fuck everyone who tells you otherwise. Now here's some hot girls with tats, I much prefer them with tattoos than without them mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

by Anonymousreply 18706/11/2013

The frauen at work all have them.

by Anonymousreply 18806/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.