Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Piers Morgan

Sick of this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 14301/10/2013

I'm sure you're not the only one and he's hardly gotten started.

by Anonymousreply 101/17/2011

Who will his first guest be? Starts Monday night on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 201/17/2011

DOA.

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2011

Piers Morgan promotes himself as peerless, fearless

In an interview, Morgan %E2%80%94 a former newspaper editor and talk-show host in the U.K. %E2%80%94 says his style is brash, in the mold of fellow Brits Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsay.

His guests, he says, will "have a choice between having a safe, easy five-minute ride to plug their movie" elsewhere on TV, "which in the end is rather boring and unmemorable, (or) coming on for an hour and jousting with this rather annoying Brit. And if they succeed, they'll be the toast of America. That's got to be a good sales pitch, doesn't it?"

Morgan says that although CNN has had its "butt kicked" by the more politically leaning Fox News and MSNBC of late, he's a firm believer that "you can be lively and opinionated without having to descend into partisan political issues."

Supremely self-confident, Morgan, 45, draws a firm contrast with his predecessor, who famously lobbed softball questions with little research, by promising to prepare "too much" and surprise his guests %E2%80%94 asking Winfrey, for instance, if she has ever been "properly in love, to the point where your heart aches and breaks."

He expects to be "high-energy and unpredictable ... occasionally combative but never in a threatening way, more in a cheeky, probing way."

Unlike King's show, Morgan's mostly will be taped ahead of time, the better to promote high-profile interviews by teasing viewers with snippets. "We don't want to go into it so booked up that you can't react to breaking news," says executive producer Jonathan Wald. "But live for live's sake: There's no benefit to that."

Future guests include Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, Kid Rock, Rod Stewart and old mentor Donald Trump. But Morgan hopes to get King as a guest. "He'd be a great interview," Morgan says. "What a star. What a life: 40,000 interviews and eight (marriages)."

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2011

I like him I'd do him in a heartbeat. His first guest is Oprah

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2011

[quote]old mentor Donald Trump%0D %0D He was annoying American audiences long before he ever met up with his sol-called "mentor" Donald Trump. He's just name-dropping by using Trump's name as a mentor. %0D %0D You will never find me watching any program that features Piers Morgan or Donald Trump - two disgusting people.

by Anonymousreply 601/17/2011

I'm over him, and he hasn't even started.

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2011

Add me to the 'dislike' list. I've heard horror stories about this fascist, and I wish the Brits would keep him.

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2011

Ditto, r7.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2011

I just saw him gushing over the slave state of Dubai. He's a whore for money, like all of them.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2011

Howard Stern is on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 1101/17/2011

"Future guests include Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani. . . and old mentor Donald Trump."

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2011

His name alone is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2011

I only like him when he trashes Madaonasarus

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2011

The UK is fucking sick of him, that's why he's run off to America to annoy all of you.

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2011

who are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2011

Give him a break. Have you ever seen any of his interviews? They're good, probing, and he follows up on questions, never letting the celeb off the hook. I'll be watching tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2011

He presented fake photos of soldiers torturing Iraqis. The man is scum, and should have been tried!

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2011

He's a good interviewer, but his personality and his sense of self-importance are off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 1901/17/2011

Horrific. Middle America finds him repulsive already.

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2011

Charlie Brooker describing Piers:

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2011

I'm watching right now. I think he actually is a terrific interviewer, but Oprah is an awful subject.

by Anonymousreply 2201/17/2011

R22, why is Oprah an awful subject?

by Anonymousreply 2301/17/2011

There doesn't seem to be anything new coming from her. Her guard is too far up for this format. Now, Howard Stern tomorrow should be absolutely fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2401/17/2011

[quote]The UK is fucking sick of him, that's why he's run off to America to annoy all of you.

tee hee hee

[quote]Add me to the 'dislike' list. I've heard horror stories about this fascist, and I wish the Brits would keep him.

He's ostensibly more of a lefty, as befits the former editor of the Mirror. And this will never get old.

They rip him a new one.

by Anonymousreply 2501/17/2011

Piers was on CNN earlier tonight bragging about how many celebrities he knows, and claiming that he knows Prince William personally.

He also sucked up to Wolf Blitzer and told him he was his journalistic hero.

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2011

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 2701/18/2011

Yeah, I doubt Piers is as close with Prince William as he claims.

Maybe he's met him a few times, but I doubt William considers him a close buddy.

by Anonymousreply 2801/18/2011

Oprah must be invested in him or she wouldn't promote him like this.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2901/18/2011

He's great!

by Anonymousreply 3001/18/2011

He's also been bragging that he can make celebrities cry in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 3101/18/2011

You do realize that 99.9% of what Morgan says, is bullshit, right? The guy lies through his teeth. He doesn't know anyone. He's the Glenn Beck of Britain. A total moron, who gets pointed and laughed at. Wacko.

by Anonymousreply 3201/18/2011

This week he told Anderson Cooper about the program he did a while back on how easy it is to get married in Las Vegas and how he and Paris Hilton got married to prove it.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3301/18/2011

His real name is actually Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan.

He's better than you.

by Anonymousreply 3401/18/2011

P-ughe

by Anonymousreply 3501/18/2011

[quote]He also sucked up to Wolf Blitzer and told him he was his journalistic hero%0D %0D He said the exact same thing to Anderson Cooper. What a liar!

by Anonymousreply 3601/18/2011

Maybe to pay Oprah for the interview, they gave her some commercials on CNN for that stupid network of hers. I like her less after this interview. Well, after every time I see her. And she was visibly flinching when forced to talk about her "boyfriend" but glowing when talking about Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 3701/18/2011

The interview was appalling. %0D %0D He's a lightweight. Everytime it looked as though she might say something deep he interrupted.%0D %0D His naff remark about loving Australians because England beat them at cricket. He thinks he's 'down the pub'.%0D %0D & ending the interview asking her what she thought about his interviewing techniques. What the fuck is she supposed to say to that?%0D %0D He's a 'gossip journalist'. Typical of the low brow, crappy interview you get on TV in England.

by Anonymousreply 3801/18/2011

[quarter]He's a 'gossip journalist'. Typical of the low brow, crappy interview you get on TV in England.

duh. He was a tabloid editor - known for being hard-hitting, which basically translates as all up in celebrities business.

by Anonymousreply 3901/18/2011

Well you're talking about him, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!!???

by Anonymousreply 4001/18/2011

I think Graham Norton is really good - and Jonathan Ross was, as well - but watching Piers makes me think that American interviewers are actually pretty damned good, at least compared with this guy. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 4101/18/2011

Jonathan Ross was very underrated as an interviewer. He was the equal to Parkinson IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 4201/18/2011

He'll fail MISERABLY and I can't wait!!

[bold] "Piers Morgan's Softball CNN Debut With Oprah Makes Larry King Look Hardcore" [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 4301/18/2011

I agree about the interrupting. It's almost as if he is more focused on the questions than the answers. He comes off as if it's all about him, not O.

by Anonymousreply 4401/18/2011

[quote]He comes off as if it's all about him,%0D %0D BINGO! Let's hope he quickly gets pulled from the show. I'd rather see Ryan Seacrest in that chair.

by Anonymousreply 4501/18/2011

I basically said this on another thread, but what is with this British invasion on American entertainment all of a sudden? I agree, this guy should have stayed in England. There were no American's who wanted this job? who could do this job? What the hell are they trying to do make this into another England? What next? on the HGTV channel they are going to teach Americans how to decorate in the British working class style of drab and depressing?

by Anonymousreply 4601/18/2011

[quarter]Jonathan Ross was very underrated as an interviewer. He was the equal to Parkinson IMHO.

Jonathan was excellent when he wasn't mucking about, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 4701/18/2011

I won't watch.

by Anonymousreply 4801/18/2011

I enjoyed the show last night. I would much rather listen to someone intelligent conducting an interview than listen to the screaming pundits that you see on the other cable news show. No wonder the rest of the world hates the U.S., we come across as rude belligerent assholes on news TV. I like Piers. I find him interesting and can't wait to see Howard Stern tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4901/18/2011

He's not live, he can't be current. Now no matter how lame Larry King was, he was on live when shit happened.

by Anonymousreply 5001/18/2011

I'm trying to work, but my parents are listening to Piers' interview with Oprah.

The banter is pretty nauseating, but he's not particularly horrible. He's just a kiss ass, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 5101/18/2011

He was fairly harsh with Anderson Cooper - picking on him about his white socks and the poles in his firehouse and what not. I felt vaguely uncomfortable. Then he sucked up to Oprah and looked ridiculously vulnerable with that last question to Her Majesty about how well he'd done with the interview. Now that was stupid. The O was insufferable. She thinks she's Mother Theresa but smarter.

by Anonymousreply 5201/18/2011

OP=Gayle King. She will never acknowledge you, not really.

by Anonymousreply 5301/18/2011

Does Oprah have her hair relaxed?

by Anonymousreply 5401/18/2011

%0D Piers Morgan premiere doubles Larry King average%0D %0D %0D Jan 18,2011%0D %0D 01:48 PM ET%0D %0D by James Hibberd%0D %0D CNN%E2%80%99s Piers Morgan Tonight premiere delivered big gains for the news network.%0D %0D With Oprah Winfrey as his first guest, Morgan was seen by 2.1 million viewers Monday night.%0D %0D That%E2%80%99s up 219% compared to Larry King Live%E2%80%98s fourth quarter average in the slot, and easily beat MSNBC%E2%80%99s Rachel Maddow (1.1 million viewers).%0D %0D Still, Morgan was edged out Fox News%E2%80%99 Hannity (2.4 million).%0D In the cable news key demo of adults 25-54 the results were similar: Hannity (600,000), Morgan (521,000) and Maddow (342,000).%0D %0D During an interview with EW, Morgan listed some celebrities on his %E2%80%9Cblacklist%E2%80%9D%E2%80%93 including Keith Olbermann, Howie Mandel and %E2%80%A6 Heather Mills? Yup. Check out that interview here. %0D

by Anonymousreply 5501/18/2011

We'll see how long Morgan's numbers last.

My numbers were pretty good the first week too.

by Anonymousreply 5601/18/2011

I've always hated people with lips and mouths like his. The fact that I cannot look at him means CNN loses another viewer for the 8:00 Central Time hour.

by Anonymousreply 5701/18/2011

His ratings will drop considerably and it really doesn't help that he's not live.

by Anonymousreply 5801/18/2011

[quote]I've always hated people with lips and mouths like his.%0D %0D He has a tendency to purse them.%0D %0D [quote]it really doesn't help that he's not live.%0D %0D I wonder why. I wonder of it was his idea. There's vey little live TV in England, which adds to the feeling of staleness of TV here.

by Anonymousreply 5901/18/2011

I really hope he adopts a live format. Thursday he's supposed to have Rickey Gervais, but if the show has already been taped, how are they going to discuss the Golden Globes fiasco? Talk about a missed opportunity!

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2011

[quote] Thursday he's supposed to have Rickey Gervais, but if the show has already been taped, how are they going to discuss the Golden Globes fiasco?%0D %0D I must have missed something here. How do we know it has already been taped? If Gervais is going to be on Thursday night, couldn't it be taped on Thursday afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 6101/18/2011

Howard Stern is on tonight.

by Anonymousreply 6201/18/2011

But it's taped. Less exciting. When will Piers go live? Parker Spitzer is even live now.

by Anonymousreply 6301/18/2011

This is why the whole taping thing is wrong.%0D %0D Wouldn't you want to get Howard's read on the Ricky Gervais thing?%0D %0D Can't - Howard was taped last week.

by Anonymousreply 6401/18/2011

I thought Howard's appearance gets taped on Wednesday. Are you saying he won't remember the Ricky Gervais thing past Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 6501/18/2011

Simple, because Piers is a control freak who cannot handle the idea of an intelligent interviewee getting the best of him.

by Anonymousreply 6601/18/2011

Fuck!! He keeps interrupting Howard just when he's on a roll -like with Jay Leno.

I didn't care when he did it with Oprah - she's just gonna pontificate about her magnificence or some new age shit - but this is ridiculous.

I think you nailed it R66. He can't step aside and let his interviewees get the floor.

by Anonymousreply 6701/18/2011

[quote]He keeps interrupting Howard just when he's on a roll -like with Jay Leno.%0D %0D Because he's trite. He keeps it thin.%0D %0D I think he's a boringstraightguy. Really he just wants to talk about girls tits and sports.%0D Any depth or emotion embarrases him.%0D %0D This interview is the most boring I've ever seen Howard be. It's a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 6801/18/2011

He sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 6901/18/2011

I could kick myself for saying this but Piers needs to replay Oprah's interview and listen to the bit about staying in the moment. He can't be spontaneous. It could be that he's not smart enough to react in the moment - or maybe he's too nervous to relax and let go and fucking LISTEN.

Oh well, glad I got to see Howard tonight but I think I'll skip Condie tomorrow. I'd rather watch a repeat of her on Craig Ferguson or Letterman than a first-run with this guy. He's that annoying.

by Anonymousreply 7001/18/2011

It's pretty clear that Piers doesn't listen to show or understand Howard.

Larry King could had done this interview and quite frankly Larry would had been funny (unintentional - but still)

by Anonymousreply 7101/18/2011

STOP FUCKING INTERRUPTING PEOPLE! This is really a problem. Why doesn't a producer step in and stop him from doing that. Let your guests finish their thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 7201/18/2011

OK so he says he's gonna ask about America and Obama and he NEVER asks Howard what he thinks about Obama. Hell, Howard was gonna tell us and Piers interrupted him yet again. This is maddening and I'm a HUGE Howard fan.

by Anonymousreply 7301/18/2011

my lord he does interrupt

by Anonymousreply 7401/18/2011

STOP.INTERUPTING.PEOPLE.%0D %0D I hate to admit this, but Larry King was a way better interviewer. At least he'd listen and let people finish instead.

by Anonymousreply 7501/18/2011

I hope they haven't lost Ryan Seacrest's number.

by Anonymousreply 7601/18/2011

It sounds like they are in a hurry. It's an hour long and they're talking as though it's an hour long sound bite. Exhausting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 7701/18/2011

[quote]Charlie Brooker describing Piers

God, I wish they'd given the job to Brooker instead! Though he probably would have been smart enough not to take it.

by Anonymousreply 7801/18/2011

Wait.. Do you mean to tell me that this show is not going to be live?

If so, that is terrible. Another cable channel should have a competing 9pm show that is live and has a better host. The format of LK is needed in the market.

by Anonymousreply 7901/18/2011

I think Morgan will appeal to the straight male audience. Elsewhere they are saying he's great.

by Anonymousreply 8001/18/2011

What's with that stupid damned question - what's the thing you've loved most about your life and you'd do again if you could. He forced that thing on Anderson - on Oprah - and now, he interrupts Howard who's talking about something interesting and puts that inane question to him - and poor Howard struggles out with something about his kids.

WTF are you supposed to say? Gotta be a dead parent or your kids or something. It's like a damned Miss America pageant question - as are most of his pre-prepared questions.

I'd rather have Kelly Ripa. Hell, Kathy Lee would be better than this guy. And yeah, Larry King was way better. So's Barbara Walters. God, who isn't better?

by Anonymousreply 8101/18/2011

Regis should interview Howard Stern. I think Howard mention that he wanted to go on Letterman with Regis.

by Anonymousreply 8201/18/2011

I'm sorry to hear that, R80. Same morons who keep Jay Leno ahead of Letterman, I guess, as Howard Stern managed to somehow get said in the midst of Piers Moron's interruptions.

by Anonymousreply 8301/18/2011

In the British press they were so impressed that he made Oprah shed a tear. That woman is always welling up.

by Anonymousreply 8401/18/2011

He's surprising. Yes surprising

by Anonymousreply 8501/18/2011

Piers seems to think that a good interview means someone breaking down in tears or revealing something intimate or controversial.

There's nothing wrong with just a nice, friendly chat without all the dramatics.

by Anonymousreply 8601/19/2011

I'm impressed with Howard Stern - never cheated.

by Anonymousreply 8701/19/2011

I didn't watch any of the interviews nor do I care to watch Piers Morgan's interviews, but someone said they couldn't get over the fact that Oprah was saying how Martin Luther King Jr. would be so proud to see her having her Montecito mansion, her place in Chicago, her this, her that, me! me! me! All along someone said the guy was kissing Oprah's fat ass. She said the guy is a lousy interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 8801/19/2011

I agree with R70. When Oprah talked about being in the moment, I thought, "that's why she's such a great talk show host." She listens to what people have to say and continues accordingly. %0D %0D She also doesn't interrupt people like Piers. And, also unlike Piers, she'll ask follow up questions to clarify what a guest has just said. That's something Piers should have done when O said love was her brand. Instead Piers made some dumb comment I don't remember.%0D %0D And when O said she doesn't argue with Stedman because of something a guest said on her show once, he interrupted her again! that's something I wanted to hear. %0D %0D I've only seen the O interview but he came off as an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 8901/19/2011

According to Howard today, they taped a two hour interview and then edited what they wanted to show. He said he didn't get interrupted. It made it seem that way due to the editing.

by Anonymousreply 9001/19/2011

Piers drops 40% in viewers on night 2.

by Anonymousreply 9101/19/2011

It was a big mistake to start big with the big O. He should have started "low" and then continually interview more famous people than the one before in order to raise his rating on a steady line upwards.

Now his ratings will sink lower each time he's on air.

by Anonymousreply 9201/19/2011

Good point, R92

by Anonymousreply 9301/19/2011

Agreed, r92.%0D %0D I would expect lower ratings tonight with Condi Rice.

by Anonymousreply 9401/19/2011

Piers Morgan as a replacement for Larry King%0D %0D Parker Spitzer or whatever%0D %0D Who the hell is making these decisions at CNN?!

by Anonymousreply 9501/19/2011

Except for the interruptions (which weirdly closed off avenues of conversation that could have been really interesting), I didn't find the interview that bad.%0D %0D But Howard is a big boy who can handle himself. With other celebs Morgan's style is gonna seem like bullying.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9601/19/2011

[quote]Who the hell is making these decisions at CNN?!

Jon Klein, who was fired, brought those shows on board. He's still on Twitter talking about how well his programming decisions turned out. Totally clueless.

by Anonymousreply 9701/19/2011

[quote]I'm impressed with Howard Stern - never cheated.

From everything I've heard about Stern his whole deal is basically an act. In real life he's supposedly a very normal guy with traditional values. What he does for a living is a complete performance.

by Anonymousreply 9801/19/2011

It's nice of Howard to defend this guy but I saw him talk over Howard and interrupt his train of thought.

by Anonymousreply 9901/19/2011

I've heard that too, R98. He's a very mellow guy in real life. I also wonder if the odious Ann Coulter is actually just an elaborate piece of performance art. As for Piers Morgan-this show isn't going to be a success. Another failure for John Klein. But rumor has it CNN's Headline News is creating a show for Deepak Chopra. Now that might actually work for them.

by Anonymousreply 10001/19/2011

Isn't this guy another one married to a much younger woman?

He seems incredibly pompous and obnoxious. I did enjoy his calling out that pig Odorosa when they were on Celebrity Apprentice. She went for the juggler by badmouthing his kids, he really gave it to her.

Is he still continuing the talent show with Sharon Osborne and Howie Mandel!?

by Anonymousreply 10101/19/2011

His interview with Condoleeza Rice is absolutely madenning. He doesn't listen and keeps interrupting. After Ricky Gervais tomorrow, I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 10201/19/2011

He's now in third place, behind Hannity, and Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 10301/20/2011

You have to be an idiot to think of Ann Coulter and Art in the same sentence.%0D

by Anonymousreply 10401/20/2011

The opening to tonight's interview with Ricky Gervais was some of the most painful television I have ever watched... especially the bit about spanking Ricky Gervais. Even Ricky was creeped out by it -- and I don't think that was a comedy bit on his part.

Haven't seen the rest of the interview yet (it's on now on the west coast), but so far, it's pretty dreadful. Piers should know better than to try to compete on the funny with a comedian... sadly, he does not.

by Anonymousreply 10501/21/2011

he's a snooze

by Anonymousreply 10601/21/2011

So his ratings have already fallen? I didn't think it would happen that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 10701/21/2011

comment from above link:

"I know a few seniors who thought Larry King was wonderful, and they turned Piers off midway through the first night, so I thing Piers is going to lose some of Larry%E2%80%99s viewers"

by Anonymousreply 10801/21/2011

Piers will only the highest rated show on CNN, but he'll never be able to lift the rest of the line up to beat Fox and MSNBC. CNN can't be saved. Maybe Ted Turner could save it, but other than that, it's finished.

by Anonymousreply 10901/21/2011

Is CNN getting rid of Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 11001/21/2011

The British press will [italic] rip [/italic]him APART after this train wreck ends. Quickly.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

by Anonymousreply 11201/21/2011

Haven't the British press been boasting about how great it is to have a Brit replacing Larry King?

by Anonymousreply 11301/21/2011

His interview with Gervais was boring, which is some achievement! I'm surprised: not a good interviewer. God help me: I actually prefer Larry. His questions were marshmallow, but he was warm and cosy.

by Anonymousreply 11401/22/2011

Larry was better at letting people talk.

by Anonymousreply 11501/22/2011

I don't think we should give Piers any more advice, not like he reads DL. It's better to let him be the disaster he is so he gets canceled.

by Anonymousreply 11601/22/2011

God, some of you petty bitter queens are beyond ridiculous. You just make up facts and figures about this man's new show and expect others to believe them simply because you've lied yourselves into believing them.

Face it, you're just a pack of jealous little chat board queers whose main ambition is to tear down as many people a day as possible.

You all must lead very sad and bitter lives to have turned out this miserable.

by Anonymousreply 11701/22/2011

[quote]His interview with Condoleeza Rice is absolutely madenning.

Yikes how could you watch anything with or about Condoleeza Rice? Couldn't do it. Piers is flailing. Trying to be edgy he asks Howard how big his cock is and Howard answers honesty 6 inches, which he has stated for decades on his show. When Howard asks him how big Piers is, which is an average question for a Howard guest, Piers gets indignant and says Bigger than yours! and changes the subject

by Anonymousreply 11801/22/2011

r117 = Celia

by Anonymousreply 11901/22/2011

Rice is revolting. Reminds me of how much I hate her. She is still lying about 9/11 and the Iraq War.

by Anonymousreply 12001/22/2011

R117, take your meds.

We're not making up the numbers. The numbers show Piers is dropping:

by Anonymousreply 12101/22/2011

[quote]I'm surprised: not a good interviewer. God help me: I actually prefer Larry. His questions were marshmallow, but he was warm and cosy.%0D %0D He needs to face the fact that his "journalistic" career on Fleet Street amounted to nothing more than gossip-mongering with little regard for the object of the gossip, nor the "truth" and provided absolutely no preparation for a job as an interviewer. It's absolutely no surprise that he's a dreadful interviewer. I realize that the object of gossip maybe more often than not doesn't deserve regard but Morgan's lack of subtlety and hamfistedness, not to mention underhandedness was just beyond the pale. Subtlety, I think, is a must for an interviewer. "How big is your penis, Howard?" Sure, it's Stern's schtick, but not his.%0D %0D He worked as a "showbiz" reporter for The Sun and later as editor for The Mirror and News of the World. These are the bottom feeder tabloids in Britain. They pay shifty "sources" for information and they have a looooong record of fabricating stories. His first mentor was Kelvin McKenzie at The Sun, a man who has been described as someone who would sodomize his mother for a good story. Everything you need to know about him is on Wiki if search for "Kelvin McKenzie" and "Hillsborough tragedy." I don't think Morgan had any training or appreciation for researching stories or people or even how to instruct underlings how to do it. The tabloids certainly don't bother too much.%0D %0D Morgan is just too self-absorbed (not in the Oprah way) to be a good interviewer. I think he lacks the capacity for empathy or at least a genuine interest in interview subjects to pull it off. He also seems too pompous to accept advice or guidance from his staff (after all, he's the one who had the staff before and thinks he knows how to run the show). It sounds like the pomposity and supercilious vibe he gives off isn't good for facilitating an interview or a conversation.%0D

by Anonymousreply 12201/22/2011

Why did we get this loser when Jonathan Ross is out of a job?

by Anonymousreply 12301/22/2011

"Subtlety, I think, is a must for an interviewer."

Perhaps. Piers Morgan certainly doesn't possess it. How did we get to the point where a CNN interviewer is asking a guest how big his cock is?

by Anonymousreply 12401/23/2011

When he talked about taking Ricky into a closet and giving him a spanking, I felt physically ill... and I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 12501/23/2011

So why does Howard keep telling everyone he has a small cock? If he is 6 inches then he is certainly not small.

by Anonymousreply 12601/23/2011

Piers has many peers much more qualified than he.%0D %0D Not watching him or CNN any more.

by Anonymousreply 12701/23/2011

[quote]Why did we get this loser when Jonathan Ross is out of a job?

Totally agree. For all his naughtiness, Ross is genuinely likeable, comes across as a caring individual, and not least, is a very under-rated interviewer. Because his subjects like him, they open up.

by Anonymousreply 12801/23/2011

I'm not sure who I dislike more, Morgan or Ross.%0D %0D Ross is a good interviewer? All he does is talk about himself! He's unbearable.%0D %0D The funny thing about Piers Morgan is that he's just inflated his, erm, achievements. Saying he has a "highly watched" interview show in the UK is just bollocks. Interviewing Danni Minogue, Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Susan Boyle right after The X Factor for an ITV audience hardly makes him a draw - Piers Morgan is incidental to that equation.%0D %0D They didn't mention that he was fired from The Mirror for a complete lack of journalistic integrity and is such a tabloid slimeball that a court settled against him in favour of Naomi Campbell!%0D %0D For some reason, CNN is giving him a big push over here, as if anyone cares. He must've lied and said he had a following in the UK. He's basically Simon Cowell's wing man on Britain's Got Talent. He's a nothing.%0D %0D Plus Larry King's show was LIVE with callers. Who wants to watch a taped interview every night? It's a stupid show.

by Anonymousreply 12901/23/2011

[quote]Is CNN getting rid of Anderson Cooper?

Haven't heard anything about that yet. He might leave before his daytime show gets going though.

by Anonymousreply 13001/23/2011

[quote]Ross is a good interviewer? All he does is talk about himself! He's unbearable%0D %0D He also has a speech impediment. No one would understand in him America. He just would not appeal to them. Trust me, if Ross had been able to have had a career in the US he would have been over there in a flash, years ago.%0D %0D It shows how low brow TV is in England that there is such a lack of intelligent interviewers. Ross & Morgan are just giggling, gossiping morons along with Norton & Alan Carr.%0D %0D England is the last place CNN should be looking for an intelligent current affairs interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 13101/23/2011

R131, those are all comedians and their chat shows. Those are comedy shows. Most celebrities really require and/or deserve nothing more than that.%0D %0D There are more probing interviewers like Mark Lawson or Melvyn Bragg on Start The Week or whatever on Radio 4.%0D %0D So how many times did you watch Charlie Rose last week, then? The U.S. media isn't much better, turkey face. You're confusing the elevation of nonsense to relevance with actual relevance.

by Anonymousreply 13201/23/2011

No one in the UK likes him. No one.

by Anonymousreply 13301/23/2011

"England is the last place CNN should be looking for an intelligent current affairs interviewer."

Jeremy Paxman and Jon Snow.

by Anonymousreply 13401/23/2011

He sucks.....................

by Anonymousreply 13501/23/2011

R122 I'd rank the Star and the Sport lower than the Mirror et al. At least the NOTW has a track record for breaking celebrity news.

As for Hillsborough - McKenzie is still a bastard for that whole affair.

I agree R134

by Anonymousreply 13601/25/2011

How did his interview with Rudy go tonight?

by Anonymousreply 13701/25/2011

Let's send him to report right from the meltdown sites in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 13803/18/2011

I noticed that his show didn't seem to be on last night. It looks like it was preempted by Anderson Cooper's coverage of Japan.

Bad sign?

by Anonymousreply 13903/18/2011

Piers Morgan is a pompas ASS! Have no use for his childish rants;. UK, please come get you,re boy!!

by Anonymousreply 14012/20/2012

Aside from Don Lemon he's the best that CNN has. At least he has the balls to call people out.

by Anonymousreply 14112/20/2012

my fav!

by Anonymousreply 14201/08/2013

I have a newfound respect for Piercy!

by Anonymousreply 14301/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.