Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ryan Gosling

After seeing Blue Valentine, I finally 'get' him. I never really thought he was particularly handsome, and never saw his movies other than The Notebook, which I hated. But he absolutely blew me away in Blue Valentine. He was dirty, sexy, vulnerable, and had LOADS of charisma, even when his character was fat, ugly and balding. Definitely somebody that lights up more on screen than he does in photographs. He's also exudes a raw sex appeal and a manliness than a lot of popular leading men in Hollywood right now (think Taylor Lautner, Justin Timberlake, Robert Pattinson, Andrew Garfield) lack. God damn, the man is sexy and talented. And with the buzz building for BV, I think he could be a dark horse against Firth.

by Anonymousreply 54010/30/2013

The Blue Valentine has a budget for 1 million. Golsing basically did it for free.

by Anonymousreply 201/15/2011

Ryan Gosling is sex on legs!

by Anonymousreply 301/15/2011

I've always preferred Ryan Gosling over Ryan Reynolds. His twinkling eyes hold mischief and humor. Gosling looks like he'd like to throw back a few beers with you; Reynolds looks like he'd expect bottle service and a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 401/15/2011

A few years ago, I came home after watching "Lars and the Real Girl" at the theater, and I immediately made time to finally watch "Half Nelson". I've had a crush on him for a while now...haven't seen "Blue Valentine" yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll pass on "All Good Things"....bad reviews and Kirsten Dunst aren't my thing.

by Anonymousreply 501/15/2011

Ryan Gosling is clearly the superior Ryan. Ryan Reynolds looks like a he'd be an unbearable twat.

by Anonymousreply 601/15/2011

I think he has a kind of Jeffrey Dahmer surface appeal. Someone you'd go home from a bar shitfaced drunk with. You might be okay or you might just disappear.

by Anonymousreply 701/15/2011

I've seen him in only two movies: He's really good in Murder by Numbers, and he's heartbreaking in Half Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 801/15/2011

I've loved him since Ready or Not.

by Anonymousreply 901/15/2011

He has a very nice package.

by Anonymousreply 1201/15/2011

I've loved him since The Believer and Murder by Numbers. It is more than just his looks, he exudes charisma and doesn't take himself too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1301/15/2011

He was sexy in Remember the Titans too.

by Anonymousreply 1401/15/2011

He invented the pigeon.

by Anonymousreply 1501/15/2011

Will he ever be a movie star like me?

by Anonymousreply 1701/15/2011

He was amazing as a meth addict in Full Nelson, and a crazy boyfriend in Lars And The Real Girl. Always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 1801/15/2011

Justin Timberlake is a 'popular leading man'?

In his dreams.

by Anonymousreply 1901/15/2011

I saw Blue Valentine today - he's excellent, as is Michelle. Go see it.

by Anonymousreply 2001/15/2011

I think he's hot. He's got a sexiness about him that Reynolds doesn't have (or so I think). Reynolds has the body, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 2101/15/2011

What is a "leading man" and why is r20 such a dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 2201/15/2011

I love the phrase verificatia of sizemeat, but it does kind of sound like something that would be on a restaurant menu, like filet of sole or tournadoes of boeuf.

by Anonymousreply 2301/15/2011

"Ryan Gosling is clearly the superior Ryan. Ryan Reynolds looks like a he'd be an unbearable twat."%0D %0D I've 'had' both of these young Canadian stallions in more ways than one. Jealous? %0D %0D The casting couch is fun!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2401/15/2011

If you haven't seen Lars and the Real Girl - do. It's a great, unexpected movie.

by Anonymousreply 2501/15/2011

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2601/15/2011

Poor jealous R26%0D %0D I'm currently in LA for the Golden Globes. As I type, I am trying to decide whether Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds should be my first booty call of the night. %0D %0D The last time I 'had' Gosling, he was only 22 years old. He's certainly grown into his face. %0D %0D Reynolds is kind of a whiny bitch, but his abs are killer. %0D %0D Hmmm...m%C3%A9nage %C3%A0 trois? What a fun 'audition' this will be!

by Anonymousreply 2701/15/2011

menage a trois

by Anonymousreply 2801/15/2011

In this thread, we pretend to be over-zealous movie shills. Okay, GO!

by Anonymousreply 3101/16/2011

OP, I wouldn't include Andrew Garfield in that list (if you've not seen Boy A, do so, immediately), but, otherwise, I agree.%0D %0D Gosling is a terrific actor; even in The Notebook, he gave a wonderful, charismatic performance. But it didn't compare to his staggering work in The Believer, Murder by Numbers, Half Nelson, Lars and the Real Girl and Blue Valentine. Look at that: what an amazing cv!%0D %0D Plus, he doesn't take himself seriously: he does it, and does it brilliantly, without trying to show off and put up airs that he's the greatest thing since Brando (think Christian Bale, who doesn't have a tenth of the talent of Brando OR Gosling). He does seem like a regular guy who would be fun to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 3201/16/2011

How funny...true story here not long ago I was a a deli and I actually found myself staring at this incredibly sexy guy who turned out to be Ryan Gosling. He was with two other young- hipster types guys and I could not take my eyes off his ass! He caught me staring and gave me kind of a dirty look. The friend I was with recognized him and got excited and I explained he caught me checking him out and seemed rather annoyed by it.

by Anonymousreply 3301/17/2011

I thought "Blue Valentine" sucked really bad, but Ryan is a great actor. His best performance was in "Half Nelson".

by Anonymousreply 3401/17/2011

"The Blue Valentine has a budget for 1 million. Golsing basically did it for free."

Well, since he & Michelle Williams are producers of this film, he'll probably make a few cents.

by Anonymousreply 3501/17/2011

He was just on Jimmy Kimmel and is an excellent guest. Why doesn't he do more talk shows?

I really hope he keeps his feet on the ground, he is refreshing for Hollywood. I would hate to him develop into a overexposed Hollywood player, ala Brad Pitt, among others.

by Anonymousreply 3601/21/2011

He was hilarious on Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 3701/21/2011

Half Nelson is an interesting film and Gosling is a revelation in it. Not typical fare for the DL crowd but worth a watch. Also, for those who don't 'get' Gosling, this film helps explain his sensibilities, his artistic interests and his approach to acting.

by Anonymousreply 3801/21/2011

Taking off his shirt in Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 3901/23/2011

bump.

Anybody got any dirt on Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 4003/07/2011

r31 - I think we have a winner in r32.

by Anonymousreply 4103/07/2011

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is gay.

by Anonymousreply 4203/07/2011

Why do you say that R42? He doesn't ping for me at all.

by Anonymousreply 4303/07/2011

Have you seen any evidence of him being straight, apart from the PR relationship with Rachel McAdams?

by Anonymousreply 4403/07/2011

Ryan and Rachel seemed pretty natural together. Unlike Jake, or Taylor Lautner he actually looks like he likes women. Or he's very convincing at it.

by Anonymousreply 4503/07/2011

He is Mr. Cool. Can't wait for his new movie, Drive.

by Anonymousreply 4603/07/2011

I've liked him since I saw Murder by Numbers and then the one where he plays an attorney. Though he was sexy in both movies. He is not handsome at all and seems to have maybe an average body, but his confidence and attitude give him an understated swagger, which, to me, is always sexier than just physical appearance--i.e. he just seems very masculine and very sexy. Hot!%0D Never though Ryan Reynolds was sexy at all. Just another pretty boy, and not all that pretty either.

by Anonymousreply 4803/07/2011

R45= no idea what the closet is, or how comfortable a gay guy can be around his hag.

by Anonymousreply 4903/07/2011

No, he looked like he wanted to fuck Rachel McAdams. That didn't seem like a gay guy and his hag (as opposed to the numerous guys in Hollywood who can't seem to fake an attraction to women-Jake, Taylor, Joe Jonas, Ryan Reynolds). He actually looks like a guy who is sexually attracted to women. He's never ever pinged as gay so if he is, he's a very convincing actor.

by Anonymousreply 5003/07/2011

Has Ryan ever shown his ass?

by Anonymousreply 5103/07/2011

Yes R51. Check out Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 5203/07/2011

Wasn't that just wet underwear?

by Anonymousreply 5303/08/2011

Yes, Ryan showed his ass in Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 5403/08/2011

He looks pretty gay singing some of those zombie songs while he shoots loving glances at his male band mate from his group Dead Man's Bones.

by Anonymousreply 5503/08/2011

In the THR roundtable discussion, he seems easy-going, not full of himself like Franco and pretty down to earth. %0D %0D I don't think he's gay. There's a video of him grabbing Sandy's ass on a hotel balcony.

by Anonymousreply 5603/08/2011

Gosling is one of few actors who don't whore out his personal life to the press. We don't see him with famous women in showmance situations or on the cover of US Weekly. %0D %0D Even when he dated two name actresses, people didn't know his business or even get inundated with red carpet pics. %0D %0D He and Joseph Gordon Levitt are smart about this. No selling out personal business which makes them more believable in roles since their personal baggage isn't what one is thinking about when one looks at them onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 5703/08/2011

Interesting point, R57

by Anonymousreply 5803/08/2011

I like him. He seems really down to earth.

[quote]on why he got a job at a deli after his Hollywood hit, The Notebook:%E2%80%9C %E2%80%98I%E2%80%99d never had a real job,%E2%80%99 he says. The problem with Hollywood, he goes on, is that nobody works. %E2%80%98They have meals. They go to Pilates. But it%E2%80%99s not enough. So they do drugs. If everybody had a pile of rocks in their backyard and spent every day moving them from one side of the yard to the other, it would be a much happier place.%E2%80%99 %E2%80%9D

by Anonymousreply 5903/08/2011

Great actor. I wonder why Williams made the cut this year but he didn't. They were definitely a team in Blue Valentine. And Gosling in the "early scenes" is sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 6003/08/2011

Was he hated in Hollywood because he refused to play the game? Why wasn't he nominated for Blue Valentine? He totally deserved a norm based on the performance.

by Anonymousreply 6103/08/2011

Maybe there wasn't room for him amongst the 5 nominees this year.

He was nominated a few years back for "Half-Nelson".

by Anonymousreply 6203/08/2011

Hot.

by Anonymousreply 6303/18/2011

I'd like to fill his (w)holes with foods

by Anonymousreply 6403/18/2011

He doesn't whore out his personal life because he's gay. He's also a little peculiar. He's a friend of a friend. My friend says he's a nice guy overall, but he's moody (i.e. clinically depressed). He sometimes spends long periods isolating, sometimes renting motel rooms and just hanging out there alone. I asked my friend once if he's as sexy in person as he is on-screen, and my friend said that the answer is yes, assuming he bathed that day. :)

by Anonymousreply 6503/18/2011

fascinating

by Anonymousreply 6603/18/2011

R65, then who is that chick next to him? his beard? his hag?

I'm sad he's choosing to stay in the closet and potentially beard. I would expect more from him considering he's Canadian and they're more progressive up there. Than again, Hayden Christensen is Canadian and gay too, and we all know how much he likes to beard and hide in the closet.. sigh.

by Anonymousreply 6703/18/2011

So who are the men he dated if he's really gay?

by Anonymousreply 6803/18/2011

That's his assistant R67.

[quote]He doesn't whore out his personal life because he's gay.

But he also beards, which if he is in fact gay, IS whoring out his personal life. His relationship with Rachel McAdams was high profile and he talked about it a lot, and he was just video taped the other weekend hand in hand with Olivia Wilde in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 6903/18/2011

I saw that video of him and O.Wilde but it wasn't made by a pap but some woman who was there with her boyfriend and child. She stalked them.%0D %0D I think the rumoured hook up with that blonde girl recently was for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 7003/18/2011

There have been rumors of him and his Canadian male band mate with whom he also shares a DJ gig when he isn't filming. His band mate at one time was the boyfriend of Rachel's sister--interesting connection, eh?

by Anonymousreply 7103/18/2011

Ryan Gosling is obviously hot and a great actor, but I thought the REALLY smokin' guy in Blue Valentine was Mike Vogel. He can cum inside me anytime, lol (if you've seen the movie, you'll know what that's a reference to).

by Anonymousreply 7203/18/2011

He doesn't seem Charlie Sheen crazy, but I would guess that he has some mental/emotinal issues.%0D %0D I hope he's with us for a very long time!

by Anonymousreply 7303/18/2011

What I like most about him is that he is hot but not just hot, he's also a very good actor, which is a rarity in Hollywood. He also seems very low key and down to earth. I don't like actors who are into that Hollywood lifestyle, and he doesn't seem like that type at all.

I do wonder if he's really gay though, I don't get the gay vibe from him, but what do I know? lol.

by Anonymousreply 7403/18/2011

His twitter is kind of interesting to read.

by Anonymousreply 7503/18/2011

R1 - their careers will last a lot longer.%0D %0D I think a great example of someone who knew this, while in his 20s, is Johnny Depp. During and post-[italic]21 Jump Street[/italic], he was aware he'd have no future without challenging, quality material.

by Anonymousreply 7703/18/2011

There were rumours couple of years ago that he was on drugs, heroin and that's why he dissapeared for 2 years.%0D %0D He seems to put a smily face when in public but behind that he is serious.

by Anonymousreply 7803/21/2011

Rarely have the oscars shown how fucked up they are by their failure to honor Gosling with a nomination for Blue Valentine, the male performance of the year as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 7903/21/2011

True.%0D But for an Oscar you have to campaign. Maybe he doesn't want to do it.

by Anonymousreply 8003/21/2011

I agree R79. I have no idea why they had to nominate Jeff Bridges AGAIN, for an OK, purely adequate performance in True Grit. Ryan was robbbed.

by Anonymousreply 8103/21/2011

[quote]True. But for an Oscar you have to campaign. Maybe he doesn't want to do it.%0D %0D %0D %0D I think he campaigned as much as Michelle Williams did. They did a lot of press, luncheons and screenings for Blue Valentine. I'm really puzzled why they chose to nominate Michelle and not Ryan, as their performances were so interlinked. You really couldn't have one without the other.

by Anonymousreply 8203/21/2011

He was fired from The Lovely Bones because Peter Jackson thought he was too fat.

by Anonymousreply 8303/21/2011

"He was fired from The Lovely Bones because Peter Jackson thought he was too fat."

Obviously that was the story they wanted leaked. The real story had more to do with Ryan's resistance to conform to Jackson's direction. Who knows, maybe there was a drug issue involved as well. One thing is for sure, there was more to the story than the public will ever know.

by Anonymousreply 8403/21/2011

He is really talented and quite hot.

by Anonymousreply 8503/21/2011

He said it was a sign that he and Peter had completely different ideas on the character and that it wasn't ever going to work. They didn't speak much during pre-production, and when Ryan turned up on set, he was 210 pounds and Peter immediately said, "this isn't going to work." %0D %0D I do think it was strange that an actor would gain 60 lbs for a role, without being told do so specifically by the director. Why would Ryan have thought gaining 60 lbs was at all appropriate without checking first? Very strange.%0D %0D But that could at least explain why he didn't work for 2 years. He had to lose 60 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 8603/21/2011

I have learned to never discount drugs as the underlying reason for an actor's dropping out of sight for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 8703/21/2011

The new movie he's working on, The Ides of March, directed by Clooney, looks interesting.

by Anonymousreply 8803/21/2011

I wonder of Gosling and Clooney are fooling around. I certainly hope so!

by Anonymousreply 8903/21/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 9003/21/2011

I tend not to believe R65. There has never been any indication that he is less than together. All the fan encounters I've read about are always positive. I have also never heard anything about him being gay, except maybe on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 9103/28/2011

%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9203/29/2011

Finally saw Half Nelson based on the recommendations here. Wow, great performance. He deserved that Oscar nom.

by Anonymousreply 9304/02/2011

"I have also never heard anything about him being gay"

That's because he has a good publicist. You hear who is gay on Datalounge more than you will--say, TMZ or Entertainment Tonight--because there are many gay people from the entertainment biz who frequent this site and there are MANY actors who are gay and closeted in Hollywood. It's simple math.

by Anonymousreply 9404/02/2011

He rather brazenly cruised me at the gym, R91.

by Anonymousreply 9504/02/2011

The doubters (that he is gay) can believe his publicity or can believe our anonymous poster at R95. I tend to believe an anonymous poster on Datalounge over a hollywood publicist any day of the week. It is all about what you WANT to believe.

by Anonymousreply 9604/02/2011

His performance in Half Nelson is one of my favorite performances ever. Some roles were meant to be placed by a certain person. This was one of those roles.

I also loved Shareeka Epps, she was outstanding.

I love that film.

by Anonymousreply 9704/02/2011

You'd be crazy to believe either an anonymous poster or a publicist if you want to find out the truth. R95 provided no details, why should I believe him?

Sure Ryan could be gay, he could be bi. Who knows? I don't think he is, but that's just a gut feeling on my part. There certainly have not been the kind of gay rumors about Ryan that seem to follow Justin Timberlake, Ryan Reynolds, Jake G, or Taylor Lautner, etc and they all have powerful publicists.

Half Nelson was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 9804/02/2011

God, he looks HOT in the trailer for Crazy, Stupid, Love.

by Anonymousreply 9904/06/2011

Yes he does.

by Anonymousreply 10004/06/2011

Very, very nice pictures R100. Wow. It's a shame though that the movie is being compared to Hitch because it makes me uninterested in buying a ticket.

by Anonymousreply 10104/06/2011

More pictures here:

by Anonymousreply 10204/06/2011

I hated The Notebook too but I'm trying to see his charm. I'm going to rent Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 10304/06/2011

So are those Ryan's legs? It's one of the pictures on the site that R102 linked to. %0D %0D It's an odd picture for a movie promo, but I'm in love with the hairy legged guy featured here. If they belong to Gosling, then he looks great above the belt and down below.

by Anonymousreply 10404/06/2011

I think it is Ryan's legs. I'm a leg man, I think they are the hottest part on a guy, and if those are truly Ryan's - I'm even more in lust.

by Anonymousreply 10504/06/2011

I think it looks better than Hitch, simply because it doesn't have Will Smith and Kevin James. Ugh to both of them.

As a summer movie this looks fun and I've heard the script is better than the trailer implies.

by Anonymousreply 10604/07/2011

Is he on steroids?

by Anonymousreply 10704/07/2011

This movie should propel RG into superstardom. What is it with Steve Carrel and shirtless hunks? Marky Mark's chest was also the best thing in DATE NIGHT.

And even if he is gay and closeted, who cares. Name me one out-and-proud actor (who is successful, that's the important part) who has been out of the closet since day one. Every actor plays the closet game at the beginning.

And however much I like Gosling as an actor, he does this sideways glance that he uses every so often that annoys me. The "I'm not looking at who I'm talking to because I'm too cool" look. Most of the time he doesn't even look remotely at the person, the closest he gets is the person's ear. He does it non-stop in FRACTURE, and mercifully he does it less in BLUE VALENTINE.

by Anonymousreply 10804/07/2011

Ryan Gosling is so frikkin hot! I wish he would stop doing those stupid chick flicks though..

by Anonymousreply 10904/07/2011

He has a better chest than Justin Timberlake.

by Anonymousreply 11004/08/2011

The trailer looks pretty good. The writer is Dan Fogelman, who wrote the terrific scripts for "Cars" and "Tangled" (but also the Vince Vaughn bomb "Fred Claus") and the directors are Glenn Ficara and John Requa, who helmed the much underrated (especially in these parts) "I Love You Phillip Morris."%0D %0D And isn't that out actor Dan Butler as Carrell's co-worker?

by Anonymousreply 11104/08/2011

R109- Except for "The Notebook," he has never done a chick flick. His films are usually dark.

by Anonymousreply 11204/09/2011

I agree R108, I think this movie with Steve Carell and then the one with George Clooney will take him to the next level. As a long time fan, I am not sure how I feel about that.%0D %0D Trailer:

by Anonymousreply 11304/24/2011

He seems to be picking higher profile roles lately. He's rumored to be doing a gangster flick with Sean Penn and a remake of Logan's Run.

by Anonymousreply 11404/24/2011

His movie Drive has just been selected for competition in Cannes. It is going to be really cool.

by Anonymousreply 11504/25/2011

Yes, it looks really good R115. It's going to be released in the US in September.

Cast looks amazing. Ryan, Carrey Mulligan, Christina Hendricks.

by Anonymousreply 11604/25/2011

Hot and nerdy.

by Anonymousreply 11705/02/2011

I hate the nerdy look on him.

by Anonymousreply 11805/04/2011

Still looks hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 11905/05/2011

His new movie Drive debut in Cannes with major buzz and was said to have made him a bona fide action star.

by Anonymousreply 12005/20/2011

He really knows how to wear his clothes, fantastic personal style.

by Anonymousreply 12105/20/2011

A friend of mine worked as a grip on "All Good Things." Said RG was a nice guy (a bit aloof), always prepared, and REAL easy on the eyes. The friend was there when RG went swimming in the lake in his briefs. Major package there.

by Anonymousreply 12205/20/2011

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 12305/20/2011

He looked very dapper at Cannes. %0D %0D [quote]Major package there.%0D %0D %0D Nice.

by Anonymousreply 12405/20/2011

Drive red band trailer.

Looks fucking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 12507/22/2011

I saw it. The movie itself is totally cutesy fluff, although well made by romcom standards.%0D %0D Ryan was great. Good comedic timing with Steve Carrell, good chemistry with Emma Stone, and of course he looked absolutely beautiful and HOT. His wardrobe in the movie was divine too. Boy can this guy wear clothing well.%0D %0D That said, I don't think Ryan should do any more of these movies simply because hes too good for them. Before CSL, they showed the trailer for Ides of March, which looks great. I'm much more interested in seeing Ryan in Drive and Ides, then any more comedies.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 12708/03/2011

I LOVED the movie. Though it was really good.

by Anonymousreply 12808/22/2011

The trailer for that movie looks incredible. Gosling has that "cool" factor, like Steve McQueen.

by Anonymousreply 12908/22/2011

Not many actors have the Steve McQueen "cool" factor. The only other besides Ryan Gosling I can think of is Michael Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 13008/22/2011

Isn't Drive a re-tread of The Driver with Ryan O'Neal and Isabelle Adjani?

by Anonymousreply 13108/22/2011

Anyone have a link or pic of 'fat' Ryan. If he's around 6ft tall surly he wasn't that overweight at 210lbs.

by Anonymousreply 13208/22/2011

Drive is the COOLEST movie of the year. It wasn't just great, it is a Masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 13308/22/2011

Cmon, does anyone know anything about this guy's private life other than the "affair" he had with Rachel McAdams many moons ago? I still harbor a hunch he is gay and together with that hot guy he started his gothic-like band with.

by Anonymousreply 13408/22/2011

I don't think he's gay but I have nothing to go on with that. Just my own personal opinion.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13508/22/2011

So because you don't know every detail about his personal life, he's gay? But when he was dating McAdams, some of you claimed he was gay because he was in a high profile relationship.

How about you don't assume he's one thing or the other simply based on the fact that he keeps his private life... private.

He lives in NY now. I suspect that's to get away from the invasive idiots in LA.

by Anonymousreply 13608/22/2011

R136, maybe you aren't aware of the fact that Datalounge is all about the "gay." Capiche?

by Anonymousreply 13708/22/2011

R137, I anticipated that response... which is why I specifically stated "one thing or the other." You can speculate all you want, but it's so dumb when in an attempt to speculate, you'll claim someone is gay for a reason and then claim they're gay for the complete opposite reason.

"He's gay because he has a private life and he's gay because he has a public life."

by Anonymousreply 13808/22/2011

The truth is, Hollywood is full of gay actors. It is completely natural to assume gay when a hot male actor is rarely seen in a relationship with a woman. I do not buy the alleged hook-ups with co-stars like Michelle Williams, or other actresses like Blake Lively, who are pushed by their agents onto any available actor to get her name out there.

by Anonymousreply 13908/22/2011

Ryan Gosling steping in to break up a fight yesterday.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 14008/22/2011

[quote] I do not buy the alleged hook-ups with co-stars like Michelle Williams, or other actresses like Blake Lively, who are pushed by their agents onto any available actor to get her name out there.%0D %0D %0D Eh, he never pretended to date Michelle Williams. They had to live in a house together to get ready to film Blue Valentine but there was never a hint of of any gossip regarding Ryan and Michelle being an item. I give you the Blake Lively thing, but actors do PR relationships for other reasons besides their sexuality. It ups their profile and any actor signed to a big agency is going to have to play the PR game in some way. Even the 'pure' talented actors.%0D %0D I don't think he pings, but that's just my opinion. I guess if he were in a ton of high profile relationships people would say he was just bearding. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 14208/22/2011

So. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 14309/01/2011

I think is hot, but I'm not that impressed by his acting skills, Michael Fassbender is way better.

by Anonymousreply 14409/01/2011

I think they are equally good R144. They are by far my two favorite actors.

I will say that while Fassbender has greater range, Ryan is more vulnerable and open on screen.

Hopefully both win Oscars very soon.

by Anonymousreply 14509/01/2011

Gosling has certain mannarism that appear in all his roles. His hand gestures. Fassbender on the other hand truly is different in every part, and he looks differently, so much you barely recoginze him.

by Anonymousreply 14609/02/2011

Now he's "dating" Eva Mendes. These pictures are clearly staged, and he has a new movie coming out soon. What's with taking these girls to really childish places? First he took Kat Dennings to Disneyland, then Blake Lively, now Eva Mendes. Plus taking Olivia Wilde to an aquarium. He's officially reached Gyllenhaal status.%0D

by Anonymousreply 14709/06/2011

He's a total hipster Try-Hard. Becoming the new James Franco in that "I'm so different than the rest"-shtick.

by Anonymousreply 14809/06/2011

As a fan of Ryan Gosling, this is very...disappointing.%0D %0D I guess even the most talented actors have the play the PR game.%0D %0D Blah.

by Anonymousreply 14909/06/2011

Yes, very disappointing. He doesn't need that, AT ALL ...

by Anonymousreply 15009/06/2011

He talks about struggling with fame and not liking a lack of privacy , then continually goes on staged PR dates. He's a fake and a hypocrite. Maybe they bonded over her coke supply? She's always had a drug problem and even went to rehab for it, plus he certainly ACTS like he's on drugs a lot of the time.

by Anonymousreply 15109/06/2011

I think pretty much every actor signed to a major agency is expected to play these PR games. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 15209/06/2011

R147, he also took Evan Rachel Wood to the aquarium when they filmed THE IDES OF MARCH earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 15309/06/2011

Hmm, I'm thinking this is just PR that he was probably forced to do to keep his name out there with his latest movies coming out and with Eva being his latest costar, he probably asked her to do it. Eva, Blake, and Olivia all have one thing in common: they all just got out of long relationships when they've been spotted with Ryan. Like all the other times, they probably won't be seen again. I'd be suprised if this is for real.

by Anonymousreply 15409/06/2011

Still, this is raising questions. When was the last time he was in a serious relationship that lasted longer than couple of sightings in tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 15509/06/2011

[quote]Still, this is raising questions. When was the last time he was in a serious relationship that lasted longer than couple of sightings in tabloids.%0D %0D %0D %0D Since Rachel McAdams. They broke up in 2008 I believe. He could be dating non famous women in the mean time (somebody on Jezebel said he dated her friend for awhile) but that's it.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 15609/06/2011

But why does he need to date these non-talented actresses?

by Anonymousreply 15709/06/2011

Apparently he's a huge momma's boy and lets his mother run his life. He really does seem immature and too child-like in articles I've read of him. I've heard that that's the reason why Rachel dumped him, his mother got too involved in their relationship and she got sick of it. And now it seems like he hasn't had a real relationship since Rachel, and every few months or so is seen on staged dates. There's definitely something "off" with him. Not too sure mommy will be too pleased he's "dating" former (still?) druggie Eva.

by Anonymousreply 15809/06/2011

Found this on another message board:%0D %0D %0D [quote]They are NOT a couple. I just got done saying this on another board. I was at Disneyland that night. My friends and I were a boat behind them on Pirates. There was no snuggling going on. When Eva got off the boat her arms were folded and Ryan didn't even touch her. This ish is staged. A girl I worked with on an indie project said Eva Mendes is a lesbian. %0D %0D Link is below.

by Anonymousreply 15909/06/2011

Yup, not one bit of that suprises me. The pictues are way too convenient and unconvincing. I've heard the Eva lebian rumors before. Still, can't help but lose some respect for Ryan for setting this up and going along with it.

by Anonymousreply 16009/06/2011

lesbian*

by Anonymousreply 16109/06/2011

So Ryan Gosling he's a famewhore ? He doesn't need to do this shit to get work, so why is he doing that ?

by Anonymousreply 16209/06/2011

Total staged photo-op. Looks like he's putting out all the stops to get as much publicity as possible so people will go see Drive. Crazy, Stupid, Love. didn't really do much at the box office and nobody's going to see Ides of March, so this movie is pretty much his last chance at becoming the star that everyone's been hyping him up to be for YEARS. He can be critically acclaimed all he want, but he doesn't really have what it takes to be a star.

by Anonymousreply 16309/06/2011

Is Eva a druggie? I thought she was just a drunk. It's so hard to keep track these days.

by Anonymousreply 16409/06/2011

r163, why do you think that Ryan Gosling does not have what it takes to be a star?

by Anonymousreply 16509/06/2011

Well he needs to lay low, he has been so overexposed .

by Anonymousreply 16609/06/2011

Ryan's parents live here (Cornwall, Ontario). It's our only claim to fame (ha ha). I understand he comes to town occasionally, but I've never seen him here. My brothers and I had our baby portraits done by a Ken Gosling. I wonder if he's any relation to Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 16709/06/2011

He starts interviews for Drive tomorrow so I'm sure someone will ask him about it. He brought this publicity on himself. The pictures do look staged. He's definitely pretty sloppy taking all these girls to the same place.

by Anonymousreply 16809/06/2011

Maybe he has a lifetime pass to Disneyland from his days in the Mickey Mouse Club.

by Anonymousreply 16909/06/2011

Please, R158. That was a blind item about whoever and shouldn't be present as fact because you think it was him.

As for his Disney dates, I have no idea if they are staged or not. I suspect he hooks up with plenty of non famous women all the time. I do think he is in danger of becoming a bit over exposed. I have liked him for years and he has never had as much exposure as he's had the last few months. Part of his appeal is that he has an air of mystery about him.

by Anonymousreply 17009/11/2011

STFU about Ryan Gosling, you philistines. He's a wonderful actor, absurdly handsome, and: He's the best we've got right now, as far as young talented movie star actor-guys go. You all are a bunch of awful queens. Leave RG alone!

by Anonymousreply 17109/11/2011

I'm so turned on by the fact that Ryan has been going sockless quite often lately. How I would love to remove his shoes and service his lovely feets!

by Anonymousreply 17209/11/2011

Can Ryan Gosling be a major movie star?

by Anonymousreply 17409/16/2011

I think that Ryan Gosling can be a major movie star.

by Anonymousreply 17509/16/2011

I just read his new interview where he said that he would like to have kids, but Hollywood ruined his relationships. And that the only 'relationship' he has right now is to his movies. Sounds like a closeted guy to me.. lol!

by Anonymousreply 17609/17/2011

I just saw 'Drive' and I liked him, he had a certain Steve McQueen vibe, but I didn't think it was a masterpiece overall. It felt like something Giorgio Moroder would have been involved in circa 1982 to me; something Richard Gere might have starred in once. I think that sums it up. It's a good film *because* Gosling stars in it.

---

'I'm not that good looking,' says Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 17710/04/2011

Ryan is an internal actor, Fassbender an external actor.

It would be interesting to see both in one movie.

by Anonymousreply 17810/04/2011

Hated Notebook, hated Blue Valentine. I only liked him in that Anthony Hopkins' film.

by Anonymousreply 17910/04/2011

I want to see Ides of March.

by Anonymousreply 18010/04/2011

[quote]I want to see Ides of March.

The trailer looked interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18110/04/2011

Crazy, Stupid Love was really good. He's insanely hot in it!

by Anonymousreply 18210/10/2011

Gosling was in that?

by Anonymousreply 18310/10/2011

Ryan was amazing in Ides of March. I think if he gets an Oscar nomination it should be for Drive. Philip Seymour Hoffman was the "star" of Ides for me.

My co-worker was saying that TMZ had footage of Ryan getting upset with George during the London premere. Said that George was joking around and made a crack about his olive green suit, then Ryan exclaimed something like "George Clooney isn't happy with himself" and looking pissed. I'd like to see that clip but can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 18410/11/2011

was one hot lookin Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 18510/11/2011

WTF R184, did that really happen?!? fuck.. them fighting kinda ruins my fantasy of the two hooking up! lol

by Anonymousreply 18610/14/2011

He's continuing his showmance with Eva Mendes. Love how they're just sitting in their car, knowing that paparazzi are taking pictures of them. They look at them, then she leans in and kisses them. They definitely didn't call them at all! Nope, not a staged photo-op *sarcasm*

I wonder if how long he's going to stage sightings with her. He lives in NYC nowand is only in LA filming. So they'll suddenly "split" when he's done filming or they'll keep this going till next year when their film is out. Either way, they're not even remotely convincing as a real couple.

by Anonymousreply 18710/17/2011

Yeah, they definitely called the paparazzi. They're just sitting in the car in the parking lot letting them take photos of them. Gosling's still new to the being really famous game. This is his first full on showmance, and he's doing a very poor job of convincing people.

by Anonymousreply 18810/17/2011

Who's his boyfriend? Somebody has to know.

by Anonymousreply 18910/17/2011

These photo-ops are even less convincing than Jake/Swifty or Leo/Blake.

All those commenters are wondering if Ryan does cocaine now because everyone knows Eva has been in and out of rehab for her coke problem. He does come off like a druggie at times with his odd/awkward behavior.

by Anonymousreply 19010/17/2011

There have been a few rumors that Eva is a lesbian (as well as being a cokehead and kind of crazy).

I think his relationship with Rachel McAdams was real and he always looked pretty enamored of her.

He always looks completely disinterested in Eva as she smiles and giggles for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 19110/17/2011

He was great in Ides, but he was better in Drive. Unfortunately Drive is probably too out there to get much award recognition.

The thing with Mendes is definitely a showmance, but I actually think he's straight. Like someone else said, he's new to being truly famous.

by Anonymousreply 19210/17/2011

It's pretty dumb of him to continually be dating/banging/showmancing all these actresses. What happens when Blake/Olivia/Eva and maybe even Rachel are all at the same awards party together? That'll be prety embarassing for him. At least Leo(minus Blake)/Clooney keep their PR situations strictly with models.

by Anonymousreply 19310/17/2011

Yeah, he doesn't look into her at ALL. I'm not seeing or feeling the chemistry from his side whatsover. She's leaning all the way over to "kiss" him and he doesn't lean in at all himself. These are definitely staged photo-ops. I wonder how long he's gonna keep doing this though. A LOT of people are already believing it's a showmance. He's going to look like a joke the longer this goes on.

by Anonymousreply 19410/17/2011

I don't know why in every Gosling thread there is always someone (agent?) who says they don't get a gay vibe from him. I get a gay vibe from Gosling, Ryan Reynolds, James Franco, George Clooney, got a gay vibe from Rock Hudson (when many were shocked he was gay). Oh, and by the way, my "vibe" is usually right.

by Anonymousreply 19510/17/2011

That's really good for you R195 but not everybody is going to agree.

FWIW, I do get a gay vibe from all those you've listed, but I don't get it from Gosling.

It's also simplistic to think that showmancing is strictly done to cover up sexuality. It's also used for PR purposes and of course Gosling and Mendes have a movie coming out next year. So who knows.

by Anonymousreply 19610/17/2011

R196, so his gay voice and gay mannerisms are not proof enough for you? everyone who knows how to read body language can see he's gay..

by Anonymousreply 19710/17/2011

He doesn't ping to me at all.

by Anonymousreply 19810/17/2011

Taylor Lautner, Marcus Bachman, Jake Gyllenhaal Justin Timberlake, THEY have gay voice. Gosling does not have gay voice.

Jesus, if you think he's gay that's fine, but he certainly doesn't have stereotypical gay voice or gay mannerisms.

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 19910/17/2011

[quote]Oh, and by the way, my "vibe" is usually right.

Yeah, yeah. Everyone think their vibe is usually right. I'm not an agent, and I think plenty actors are gay, but Gosling is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 20010/17/2011

I wonder how long he's going to keep this going to as well. I think he's filming a movie in Thailand after Christmas for 5 months. So either he'll "dump" her before then or she'll fly out there for another sighting. It'll be "awkward" promoting their movie if they've ended it beforehand or maybe they want to add that to the pubclicity for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 20110/17/2011

I think Gosling is straight. It's Mendes who is gay. Either way, this is laughably fake.

by Anonymousreply 20310/17/2011

Just because this is a gay website doesn't mean every actor is gay. Grow up R204.

by Anonymousreply 20510/17/2011

Sorry, OP...

All I saw in your original post was "Ryan Gosling" and "LOADS" and I've been working my hole with a frenzy ever since.

by Anonymousreply 20710/17/2011

R206 I'm male, and gay, and I do think their are plenty of gay actors. I just don't think Gosling is one of them. However, feel free to continue insulting anyone who doesn't agree with every point of your position.

by Anonymousreply 20810/17/2011

Frist stills of him and Cooper in Place Beyond The Pines. SO convenient though that these come out the same time that his 2 new movies are in theaters.....the same time he and Mendes are constantly being papped or spotted on twitter all over LA. I'm so sick of these fauxmances. They're not even remotely believable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21010/30/2011

First*

by Anonymousreply 21110/30/2011

R200, maybe because you are a straight female who has the hots for Gosling as oppose to the "plenty actors" you think are gay.

by Anonymousreply 21311/07/2011

Happy birthday Ryan!

He's 31 today.

by Anonymousreply 21411/12/2011

WOW. I just read this on his IMDb board. I knew there were always rumors that he had a nose job but it looks like he's had even more work done. The more I think about it, he HAS looked like a wax-statue the last year or so. I guess this was in preparation for his "starmaking" year.

Getting plastic surgery and staging fake PR showmances. What happened to the old Ryan? He's still doing good work but he really has sold out and gone Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 21511/22/2011

Well, he looks better with the nose job, so I can't fault him for that.

by Anonymousreply 21611/22/2011

I don't really see the other plastic surgery he's had, other than the nose. He's gotten in shape, lost weight, and gotten a tan. Other than that, I don't see a major difference.

by Anonymousreply 21711/22/2011

My friend has seen him at her tanning salon quite a few times in LA so he fake tans as well. Huge metrosexual. Are he and Manjaw Mendes still in that fauxmance? I've heard quite a few lesbian rumors about her.

by Anonymousreply 21811/22/2011

His PR team must have buried those photos. He's damn lucky they weren't made more public.

Even though he was playing a drug addict, he never looked more handsome or was sexier than in Half Nelson. He peaked in that film both looks and acting wise. I preferred him in those years. He's become very overexposed this year and puts on too much of an act now. He's not a box office draw and isn't the star Hollywood desperately hyped him up to be this year. Those staged PR sightings with that old drag queen are embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 21911/22/2011

I thought he was great in Half Nelson, but I thought he was equally superb in Blue Valentine. I will continue to say he was robbed of an Oscar nomination last year.

And I can't fault him for being overexposed this year because he was at least doing very good work, which is more than most Hollywood actors are churning out lately.

The Eva Mendes fauxmance needs to go though. Thank god we haven't seen many pictures of that nonsense lately.

by Anonymousreply 22011/22/2011

The nose job ultimately made him hot I suppose, but it's a little overly thin.

It is true that certain celebs I've only heard on Datalounge being gay, Paul Rudd is another making me wonder if he was just being himself on The Object Of My Affection.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they're not gay and obviously it would be great if it was true. With this in mind when I saw The March Of Ides I zoomed in on the fact he had a touch of gay voice at times (or a stuffy nose).

And Crazy, Stupid, Love is the best of the trilogy of Gosling films this year, amazing comedy.

by Anonymousreply 22211/22/2011

I preferred him too when he was more indie and more of a "secret". He's not a movie star, at least not in the way Hollywood wants him to be.

I suppose he and Mendes are going to have to keep staging sightings till their movie comes out next year. They have NO chemistry. I've never seen Ryan look less into a woman before. It must be sad to have to fake sightings and hang out with someone you clearly don't really like. He's never truly pinged for me, but she has. I've heard she and Jada P.S. have hooked up before. What's more shocking is that there are people still dumb enough to give her acting roles. She's one of the worst actors in Hollywood. She's pushing 40 and whatever looks she had (not much IMO) are long gone. Gosling won't be able to boost her dead career, so this PR stunt isn't going to do much for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 22311/22/2011

Hopefully the fake dates have stopped R223. There hasn't been one in a while.

It's glaringly apparent he can't stand her, especially when you compare it to how he seemed around Rachel McAdams. I think he genuinely dug her.

by Anonymousreply 22411/22/2011

So EVERY hot actor is rumoured to be gay on here, *sigh* . Wishfull thinking that is...and its annoying me.

Guy who said about someone on Jezebel claiming that he dated her friend, link please.

by Anonymousreply 22511/22/2011

Negative sideffect of claiming that EVERY hot guy in Hwood is gay, is that I can´t take things serious anymore. Seriously, if there is a hot actor people will claim he is gay on here.

by Anonymousreply 22611/22/2011

I have no idea if he's gay, but usually you'll hear murmurings about certain actors-outside of just DL (Clooney, Gyllenhall, Pattinson, Lautner, Renner) where you kind of assume, if that many people think these guys might be gay, well-where there's smoke there's fire.

Haven't really heard much about Ryan being gay, though.

by Anonymousreply 22711/22/2011

Guy who said about someone on Jezebel claiming that he dated her friend, link please.

by Anonymousreply 22811/22/2011

Straight actors are showmancing all the time now too. It's not particularly related to sexuality anymore. Gosling started staging these sightings with Mendes right when he began promoting his 2 new movies coming out and wanted his name everywhere. Those Disneyland pictures were staged then they sold them to UsWeekly. She of course happily went along with it because her career is dead and she desperately needs publicity. There's been nothing I've read that really points to Gosling being gay, but this is 100% fake.

As for the plastic surgery pictures, I think he was there for his mom who had work done recently. Although it says the 2nd time he went alone, but I don't know what he could have had done. The nose job was ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 22911/22/2011

I've always wondered about his obsession with older aging women is? Rachel McAdams is only 2 years older but still. Must have a big mommy complex. His whole Disneyland shtick is pretty sleazy too.

by Anonymousreply 23011/22/2011

The showmance with Mendes has continued.... and they're less convincing than ever. Have you seen all the photos of them in Paris at the cemetary (where you can SEE the paparazzi behind them setting up their cameras to ake pictures of them) and posing together at the the eiffel tower, and then AGAIN at the airport? So many photo-ops in only 2 sayd there! All he'll do is awkwardly hold her hand....he still won't kiss her of course. This is Leo/Blake redux. Tons of people,including many of his fans. arenow calling him out on this PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 23112/01/2011

He is one of those actors who slowly creep into your consciousness and suddenly it hits you. This guy is the real deal and even though you didn't really notice before, he's really hot. In Crazy, Stupid, Love, he is really sexy in a Himbo way. He isn't classically handsome but he is cool. It's so great to have a talented, charismatic, sexy actor on the scene who isn't a boy. You know? Ryan Reynolds always struck me as a mannequin, no charisma at all unfortunately. Chris Evans is pretty sexy too but not as charismatic or talented but he has potential.

by Anonymousreply 23212/01/2011

The Mendes thing is embarrassing and he looks totally uncomfortable and miserable doing it. And it's only making him look worse to his fangirls, not better. Some bearding arrangements are so fake and ridiculous even the fraus aren't fooled. He should just stop this.

by Anonymousreply 23312/01/2011

Gosling is not really rumored to be gay here. A couple people speculating is going to happen to any actor.

by Anonymousreply 23412/01/2011

So why the fauxmance with Mendes ? Is he gay, bi ?

by Anonymousreply 23512/01/2011

If he is so straight as some of the fraus on this thread want to believe, where is his REAL hetero love object? Shouldn't a 31 year old famous actor who is making the big money now be surrounded by straight females of all sizes, shapes and colors by now? I think he is gay and his PR has performed admirably in beating off such "terrible" rumors.

by Anonymousreply 23612/01/2011

I read on Lainey that Ryan wouldnt have no reason to do staged pics because he has another 3 movies lined up, but she thinks its very likely that Eva called the paps, after all being Gosling´s gf, is the most interesting thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 23712/02/2011

And I know for a fact that he is into women, ALOT.

by Anonymousreply 23812/02/2011

Well, the obvious question is, how do you know for a fact?

by Anonymousreply 23912/03/2011

I know someone that slept with him (a woman) and I even saw a pic of them kissing on her phone. That girl knows alot of high status people.

by Anonymousreply 24012/03/2011

Im always so paranoid when I write shite like that on here, like they gonna see it and know who I am *sigh*. Well atleast its nothing negative this time.

by Anonymousreply 24112/03/2011

R237, could you please give details? Was Ryan good in bed, or was he a cold fish? Is he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 24212/03/2011

Why be paranoid? It is not as if you had outed him. However, you might be more believable if you wrote as if you had at least a high school diploma, R237/R240/ R241.

by Anonymousreply 24312/03/2011

I dont know how good he was or if he was cut, but she seemed well satisfied with it, not sure wether it was because he was good or because she got laid with an A lister.

by Anonymousreply 24412/03/2011

Stop being a dick, R243. She has some good gossip, that's more than we can say around here most days.

by Anonymousreply 24512/03/2011

r 243, ha its comments like this that make me think twice before I post any gossip on here.

by Anonymousreply 24612/03/2011

R243 is just bitter because he desperately wants Gosling to be gay and doesn't want to hear gossip to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 24712/03/2011

One thing that I remember her saying, was that he was extremely catering.

I also wanted to say that its comments like 243 that make me hesitate to post something, and also being afraid that the certain person who told you, reads this and knows it was you. What Im doing is a bit sad...

by Anonymousreply 24812/03/2011

The um "gossip" does not seem credible in the least. I could write that I saw him in a three-way with some guys and captured it on my cell phone. But if I didn't show pics, and had nothing else to back it up to give the gossip some veracity, no one will believe it.

You fangirls need to get to bed--isn't there a soccer match to take Junior to tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 24912/03/2011

r 249, what the fuck are you even going on about? how many times did people post pictures on here to proove things? I dont have that pic of them kissing, my friend does. I wouldnt post it online even if I had it.

I just said that he definately is into women then I got asked to explain why, wich I did, otherwise I wouldnt of even bothered. I dont get why you think it matters wether you believe me or not. I will say this, for me staying under the radar and not selling out celebs to gossip rags has kept me a good circle of "friends". The shit I know, you wouldnt believe.

Oh and now that Im in the mood, Leo might be gay, but I sure as hell saw him in Ibiza in the club Amnesia in the VIP section eye fucking the female dancers, also saw him at Pacha.

by Anonymousreply 25012/03/2011

R249 is one bitter queen.

by Anonymousreply 25112/03/2011

God you're a bitter cunt, [R249]. You've insulted just about everybody in this thread who takes a differing opinion than you (they all must be fraus, of course) and then insult somebody here who actually might have some inside gossip.

What else could [R237] do but post what they know? You want them to post pics? Show "proof?"

It's internet gossip, asshole. Take it or leave it.

This is why nobody posts any inside gossip on DL anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25212/03/2011

r 249, what the fuck are you even going on about? how many times did people post pictures on here to proove things? I dont have that pic of them kissing, my friend does. I wouldnt post it online even if I had it.

I just said that he definately is into women then I got asked to explain why, wich I did, otherwise I wouldnt of even bothered. I dont get why you think it matters wether you believe me or not. I will say this, for me staying under the radar and not selling out celebs to gossip rags has kept me a good circle of "friends". The shit I know, you wouldnt believe.

Oh and now that Im in the mood, Leo might be gay, but I sure as hell saw him in Ibiza in the club Amnesia in the VIP section eye fucking the female dancers, also saw him at Pacha.

by Anonymousreply 25312/03/2011

Ryan was cool personified & oh-so-sexy in "Ides Of March."

And if you haven't seen it, i highly recommend the indie film “The Slaughter Rule,” where the football coach (David Morse) acts all macho but secretly harbors intimate feelings for his quarterback, played by Ryan Gosling ...the film is a bit dark but is well-acted all around.

by Anonymousreply 25412/03/2011

I recently just saw Lars and the Real Girl, and if Ryan is good at playing sexy and cool, he's equally as wonderful playing a chubby, nerdy, awkward man who takes a blow up doll for a girlfriend. Heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 25512/03/2011

What does your friend look like? What's his type? When did she hook up with him?

I've always believed Ryan is straight, but the Eva thing is definitely 100% a showmance. Don't believe anything Lainey says. She's doesn't know shit. Paparazzi in Paris do NOT hang around tourist places just waiting for celebrities to show up. To be papped in Paris, you basically have to call the paps yourself. The paparazzi laws there are a lot stricter there than in NYC,LA, or London. I know they had a pap/photographer follow them when they were at Disneyland (where paparazzi never hang around at night) then sold the pictures to UsWeekly. I'm guessing since he's going to be living in Thailand next year, that this is his promotion for that Derek Cianfrance movie they did. Cianfrance wanted Ryan and Michelle Williams to showmance but Michelle wouldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 25612/08/2011

Here's an idea: would the poster known as R237 or R240 please refer to other posters properly so we can read the fucking thread?

Who are these idiots on this board who can't surmise the use of "Rxxx" to refer to another poster? This way when we read your post all we have to do is hover the mouse over the referenced poster to read what they said.

Not 237 or r 237 but R237. See? Get it?

And you're just a sad attention seeker anyway.

by Anonymousreply 25712/08/2011

I think he is boring like most of the young actors and actresses these days.

by Anonymousreply 25812/08/2011

R257, hopefully they will get it, but there's no need to act like such a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 25912/08/2011

Now that Michael Fassbender is tossing his cock around screen, Ryan needs to follow suit - or be taken less seriously as an actor!!

by Anonymousreply 26012/08/2011

Ryan is so handsome in Crazy, Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 26112/08/2011

Ryan Gosling is Canadian and the pride of Canada.

by Anonymousreply 26212/08/2011

Ryan's "gone Hollywood".

I liked his look from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 26312/08/2011

I love the suits that he wears now, so classy and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 26412/08/2011

he was fantastic and smokin hot in DRIVE

by Anonymousreply 26512/08/2011

Would someone find out if he is uncut please?

by Anonymousreply 26612/08/2011

definitely cut

by Anonymousreply 26712/08/2011

link please, R267

by Anonymousreply 26812/08/2011

I find anyone who still hasn't overcome their hipster phase after 22 or 23 years to be ridiculous. He is 30 and puts on an act like those Twilight actors.

by Anonymousreply 27012/10/2011

Thanks for everything you've shared, r269. Just ignore those on here who seemed to have an attitude towards you. I personally loved hearing what you had to say about your friend and Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 27112/10/2011

Anyone who thinks Ryan is gay couldn't be more wrong.

Last year a friend of mine (female) was at a bar in LA waiting for her friends to join her. Ryan was there as well and he hit on her. They flirted for a bit and he bought her a drink, but then she had to go because her friends arrived. I know she gave him her phone # though.

Unfortunately, I'm not in touch with her anymore, so I don't know if he ever called her or not.

by Anonymousreply 27212/10/2011

R272

Ha, I have a very similar story, only that mine happened in NY!! This is funny, how many of us have female friends who nailed Ryan,lol.

Did your friend look anything like my friend?? I described her earlier.

by Anonymousreply 27312/10/2011

r240/269 - Well, I don't know that they actually hooked up. Like I said, I know she gave him her #. I wish I'd kept in contact with her so I would've known just out of curiosity sake. I'm assuming they did though. Who wouldn't, if they had the chance. lol

But yeah, he definitely sounds like a ladies' man, that's why I have to laugh when people claim he's gay.

My friend looked similar body wise to yours, except her hair was a lighter brown, shoulder length and she had brown eyes.

So this happened with your friend and Ryan in NY? He moved there this past summer, when did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 27412/10/2011

R274

That was actually at the beginning of the year not in the summer, he probably wasnt even living in NY at the time.

What bar in LA was it??

by Anonymousreply 27512/10/2011

The bar is in downtown LA. It's called The Varnish. He told her it's one of his favorite bars in LA.

by Anonymousreply 27612/10/2011

Isn't Gosling a Mormon? I'm assuming he is remaining a virgin until marriage.

by Anonymousreply 27712/10/2011

Forgot to add to my comment above that he moved to NYC this past July I believe. So yes, he must've just been visiting when he was with your friend.

by Anonymousreply 27812/10/2011

R277

Ahaahaa, that made me laugh!

R278 I guess so.

by Anonymousreply 27912/10/2011

What's so funny about it, R279?

by Anonymousreply 28012/10/2011

Gosling isn't a Mormon and hasn't been since he was a child.

You really don't see why your statement was funny, R277/R280?

Don't get out much, do ya?

by Anonymousreply 28112/10/2011

R281, unless you know him personally, how do you know his beliefs or whether he is a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 28212/10/2011

Because he's stated in plenty of interviews that he isn't a Mormon R282.

by Anonymousreply 28312/10/2011

Uh, he's a 31 year old man. He's had relationships with women (according to the gossip on this thread), so it's not really much of a leap to think he's not a virgin.

Jesus fucking Christ R282, either you're a performance artist or just a really weird, shut in. I can't decide which one.

by Anonymousreply 28412/10/2011

Are we supposed to like him because he is a baby goose?

by Anonymousreply 28512/10/2011

I think he's beautiful and he seems like a nice person too. Him and Eva are weird together, they just don't "fit" well. I really enjoy reading about the "hook up" stories. Keep 'em coming. It makes him seem more approachable somehow. He always seemed like he would be awesome in bed :)

by Anonymousreply 28612/10/2011

I agree, r286 he's beautiful, even more so in person. I had the pleasure of meeting him in Detroit when he was here filming Ides of March. He was one of the nicest celebrities I've met.

We were at the same restaurant and I wanted to go up to him, but I was kind of nervous. But he caught my eye as I was passing his table and I guess he could tell I recognized him. He motioned for me to come over and he introduced himself and vice versa. I said hello and that I heard he was here filming a movie. I told him it was nice to meet him and he said it was nice to meet me too. It was such a quick exchange, but it just amazing. :)

by Anonymousreply 28712/10/2011

R277 Ryan a virgin? I think it's time for your medication if you think that.

by Anonymousreply 28812/13/2011

Is his family still Mormon? Does he have lots of moms?

by Anonymousreply 28912/13/2011

Did you feel like he was trying to pick you up, R287?

by Anonymousreply 29012/13/2011

No, not at all, r290. It was a quick exchange. Just a nice experience to get to say Hi to him in person.

by Anonymousreply 29112/14/2011

doesn't ping to me one bit.

shame.

by Anonymousreply 29212/14/2011

He sure likes the ladies. But I just don't understand what he's doing with Eva Mendes. I'd prefer to see him with someone more down to earth. Anyone who's gotten him in the sack is damn lucky.

by Anonymousreply 29312/14/2011

She's a cokehead. They're probably just drug buddies.

by Anonymousreply 29412/14/2011

I don't understand it either,r293. It really is an odd pairing in my opinion. Most everyone thinks it's a showmance though. I tend to agree. But who knows?

I've heard that too, r294. I hope that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 29512/14/2011

My guess would be that they actually might fuck now and then but it's nothing like any romance the tabloids would try to turn it into, while their publicists help it along as such.

by Anonymousreply 29612/14/2011

Someone on this thread really wants Gosling straight.

He pings to me and his showmance with Eva and lack of "real" longterm relationships with women over the past 3 or so years are other pieces of circumstantial evidence more believable than this person upthread who claims he is really into women. Anyone can come here and say they have real evidence he is a pussy hound--so sorry, I am not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 29712/14/2011

What actual facts do you have to back up your theory that's he's gay, r297?

There are several facts that I think prove otherwise. The fact that he was in a relationship with Rachel McAdams for 3 years is a good start.

Also, I'm the 1 who posted that he flirted with my FEMALE friend at a bar in LA. And there was the other person who posted here that her/his? FEMALE friend slept with him. Yeah, you're right he's gay.

If you don't believe any of the above, well that's your right to. But some of us know the truth. Try giving us some actual facts that he's gay and then we'll talk.

by Anonymousreply 29812/14/2011

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29912/14/2011

Wow! Ryan started out in a fem(centric) Disney career. It lends even more credibility to his being gay since so many male child stars grew up to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 30012/14/2011

LOL

by Anonymousreply 30112/14/2011

The Canadian Mark-Paul Gosselaar! lol @ the blatant fagg.

by Anonymousreply 30212/14/2011

They all had to start out somewhere. lol

by Anonymousreply 30312/14/2011

Maybe there is a possibility he's bisexual? He seems like a very sexual person in general.

by Anonymousreply 30412/14/2011

What?!?! He's using me for my drug connections?!?!

by Anonymousreply 30512/14/2011

Looking at some old pictures, he really needed that nose job. Good plastic surgery there. He's really grown into his looks.

by Anonymousreply 30612/14/2011

Ryan & Eva walking around Paris while being followed by the paparazzi:

by Anonymousreply 30712/14/2011

Showmance. And I don't even think he's fucking her. If you look at any of the pictures of them together, you could cut her right out of the frame and nothing would change. He barely even looks at her. She's doing all the work.

by Anonymousreply 30812/14/2011

I completely agree, r308. There's another video of them having dinner in Paris while being filmed by the paparazzi and they definitely know they're being filmed. You can tell they're just playing it up for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 30912/14/2011

Ryan just got nominated for 2 Golden Globe awards. There's been talk on here about his sexuality. Does that really matter? He's a great actor and these nominations prove that.

by Anonymousreply 31012/15/2011

Anyone know if Ryan keeps his pubic bush natural or is he a shaver/trimmer?

by Anonymousreply 31112/15/2011

He's had a pretty good year. Getting two GG noms is excellent.

And he looks fucking hot in a suit.

by Anonymousreply 31212/15/2011

But he didn't get a SAG nomination, which is much more prestigious since it comes from his peers instead of the dubious group that makes up the foreign press. Additionally, I haven't seen him on any list of critic's awards thus far, which might have helped get an Oscar nomination. He will probably not make the cut again this year for the Oscar nomination, which he really deserved last year for Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 31312/15/2011

Does Ryan Gosling sing anymore? Why hasn't he done a musical lately?

by Anonymousreply 31412/15/2011

[quote]Ryan just got nominated for 2 Golden Globe awards. There's been talk on here about his sexuality

Who gives a crap if Ryan sleeps with a man or a woman? The man is talented!

by Anonymousreply 31512/15/2011

He has a band. Dead Man's Bones. They are pretty good, although slightly pretentious. You can look up their videos on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 31612/15/2011

He and a really cute guy (Zach Shields) comprise the band. They used to be photographed a lot together and were papped on a beach together (not sure if it was the Caribbean)--sans girls--a while back as well. Haven't heard whether they have been performing recently--maybe because Ryan has been either filming or promoting his movies.

by Anonymousreply 31712/15/2011

That's what I was saying, r315. It really shouldn't matter, but I guess to some people it does. All I care about is following his career and enjoying his performances. He's been filming movies back-to-back. So we'll have a lot to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 31812/15/2011

As it's a gossip site everything matters. I'm happy about the Crazy, Stupid Love nom. Would like to have seen him nominated last year for Blue Valentine.

Wonder if Eva will be his GG date.

by Anonymousreply 31912/15/2011

"Wonder if Eva will be his GG date".

That's a given. Isn't going to premieres and award shows the purpose of a good beard?

by Anonymousreply 32012/15/2011

He was in my neighborhood last night shooting "Gangster Squad." I'm very sad to say I did not see him...

But they did an amazing transformation of Figueroa St.

Someone (not me) took photos and posted them on Flickr. No Ryan pix, but fantastic set/production design.

Today, the neighborhood is back to Dollar Store hell...

by Anonymousreply 32112/15/2011

Ryan doesn't look very into Eva. Yet it is said (from not very reliable sources, mind you) that he's so in love with her and wants to settle down with her, etc. I don't buy it. In old photos with Rachel, there's no question that he's in love. Maybe he's lonely, and Eva's available. Who knows...

by Anonymousreply 32212/16/2011

I don't buy it either, r322. There's just something about that pairing that's so odd. But like you said, maybe he's lonely, who knows?

I agree, I think he really was in love with Rachel. Too bad they couldn't make it work. They were a cute couple.

Thanks for the link to the pics, r321. There are also several videos on youtube of them filming Gangster Squad, most of them with Ryan in them.

by Anonymousreply 32312/16/2011

Watch Ryan get screwed out of an Oscar nomination - AGAIN. Should have been nominated for both "Lars.." and "Blue Valentine".

by Anonymousreply 32412/16/2011

It's a shame if Drive doesn't get nominated for an Oscar. It was the best movie of this past year in my opinion. And he was fantastic in it. An Oscar worthy performance for sure. But I'm not holding my breath on it.

I loved both Lars & Blue Valentine. I'm a fairly new fan of his and I've now seen almost every movie he's done. He's such a versatile actor and I'm looking forward to seeing his upcoming movies next year, especially Gangster Squad.

by Anonymousreply 32512/17/2011

This has been a bad week for Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. First came news that the two are fighting about Ryan’s “Gangster Squad” costar Emma Stone and Eva’s ex-boyfriend George Gargurevich. Now, two new reports (via Celebitchy.com) suggest not only that Ryan’s friends want him to dump Eva — and get back together with his ex-girlfriend Rachel McAdams! — but also that Ryan isn’t as into the relationship as Eva is.

In Touch is claiming that Ryan’s friends, who are apparently all fans of “The Notebook,” want him to get back together with Rachel because “she’s fun and a fellow Canadian” — and because they don’t like Eva.

“A friend tells In Touch that Ryan’s pals haven’t warmed up to Eva and hope he will rekindle his romance with Rachel McAdams, whom he dated for more than three years before they split in 2008,” the mag reports. “They like Rachel a lot more — she was as close to Ryan’s friends as she was to Ryan himself.”

Rachel has been in a relationship with Michael Sheen for a year and there are rumors that the two could get married, so it’s doubtful that she and Ryan will get back together at this point. But Ryan could be available again sometime soon, because Star is claiming that Eva is the one pushing the relationship, and things are moving too fast for him.

“Eva was more touchy and affectionate than Ryan,” an “observer” tells Star of the pair’s dinner date Dec. 2. “He looks into her, but she seems even more into him.”

Of course she’s into him — like George Clooney said, Ryan should have been People’s Sexiest Man Alive! But Ryan and Eva have only been together since September, so it could definitely be “too much, too soon” for him, like Star theorizes. And he’s been linked to several women over the past year, so chances are good he’s just enjoying being single and doesn’t want to get too serious with anyone at the moment. Add in the problems they’ve already encountered in just three months of dating, and it doesn’t look good for these two. But they’re both hot and should enjoy it while they can!”

by Anonymousreply 32612/17/2011

Ryan Gosling looking soulfully into my eyes as he cums inside me = perfect happiness

by Anonymousreply 32712/17/2011

I would believe a relationship between Ryan and Clooney much faster than Ryan and Eva.

by Anonymousreply 32812/17/2011

Drive was listed in People as 1 of the best movies of 2011. I have to agree.

If you've seen Drive, what did you think of it?

by Anonymousreply 32912/18/2011

Now he and Eva are doing Funny or Die videos together. When the hell did he become such a famewhore? This showmance has gotten ridiculous and embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 33012/20/2011

Eva looks like a tranny there.

by Anonymousreply 33112/20/2011

I found him creepy and mis-cast in Crazy Stupid Love. I didn't blame Carell's character for not wanting his daughter with him, even after his alleged "change".

by Anonymousreply 33212/20/2011

No matter how hard they try, The Place Beyond the Pines is going to flop.

by Anonymousreply 33312/20/2011

Well, it's a small indie production, so it was never going to be a 'hit.' However, it doesn't strike me as the critical darling BLUE VALENTINE was.

That clip just wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 33412/20/2011

Did anyone see All Good Things - He was playing crazy in that, kind of similar to Stay.

PS: Didn't it seem like the person that was based on was guilty - even though they did not charge or arrest him for the murders...Yet he is featured on one of the special feature commentaries...

by Anonymousreply 33512/20/2011

Eva is full on drag-queen. Ryan loves the trannies!

by Anonymousreply 33612/20/2011

He played one in All Good Things

by Anonymousreply 33712/20/2011

That wasn't even remotely funny. He's the absolute definition of overrated. Fassbender and Hardy can act circles around him.

by Anonymousreply 33812/20/2011

The dude has always been a phony. I can't believe so many people have fallen for his contrived, "I'm so private and don't want the attention" act. He's a douche and he's 100% contributed to his overexposure. I have to give him props though that so many people have fallen for it.

by Anonymousreply 33912/20/2011

He is absolutely overexposed and he should go away until his next movie comes out, whenever that is.

by Anonymousreply 34012/20/2011

Guess the "Hollywood attention" that ruined his relationships with Sandra and Rachel doesn't bother him anymore. He's really changed his tune.

by Anonymousreply 34112/20/2011

I've never understood the attraction to him. He, Dicaprio, and Timberlake are little man-children and immature little boys. All WAY too close to their mothers and haven't emtionally developed past age 12.

by Anonymousreply 34212/20/2011

Daniel Craig or Michael Fassbender remain private unlike this guy who preaches one thing but then flaunts this showmance. It's ridiculous how he changed within a year.

by Anonymousreply 34312/20/2011

I remember last year he kept playing up dating runmors with him and Michelle Wiliams for Blue Valentine which was directed by Derek Cianfrance, who directed TPBTP. Michelle kept outright denying it though, she woulodn't showmance. Eva has no career anymore besides those awful Pantene commercials. Cianfrance has to be paying of Gosling a LOT to do this showmance. They'll "split" immediately after the movie comes out next year.

by Anonymousreply 34412/20/2011

I'm sorry but the lengths he was willing to go to appear desperately plain and emasculated in Blue Valetine give him a pass on any narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 34512/20/2011

His acting in that film was SO hammy and over the top. He's so obvious in his acting. The perfect "look Ma I'm acting!" performance. He has 2 modes: over the top and obnoxious, or dull and bland. He was awful in Ides of March. Watch his face when he bursts into Paul Giamatti's office, his face was laughable acting. His "talent" is greatly exaggerated and this showmance shows what a fake he is in his real life.

by Anonymousreply 34612/20/2011

R343: There are more telling reasons why Daniel Craig remains private about his personal life.

Let's not go there, today, okay?

by Anonymousreply 34712/20/2011

I thought his acting in Blue Valentine was great, but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 34812/20/2011

That video was embarassing and so is this fake relationship. The Place Beyond the Pines must really suck. Then again if the movie couldn't attract better actors than Eva Mendes, who is terrible and Bradley Cooper who is mediocre, well that explains it.

by Anonymousreply 34912/20/2011

I thought it was too, r348. I also thought he was excellent in the movie Half Nelson which he got an oscar nomination for. He gave another great performance in Lars & The Real Girl. His best movie so far though in my opinion is Drive.

I think he's a very diverse actor. I could care less about his personal life. I just enjoy watching his movies.

I'm not sure how good The Place Beyond the Pines will be though. The 1 I'm looking forward to is Gangster Squad.

by Anonymousreply 35012/20/2011

I don't think he's that diverse. He just chooses his roles well that fit into his limited range. He's definitely not a chameleon. And this PR stunt is not very convincing. He's being outacted by Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, kinda sad.

by Anonymousreply 35112/20/2011

R347 - what are you inferring about Daniel Craig?

by Anonymousreply 35212/20/2011

Which movies of his have you seen, r351? In the past year he's played 3 totally different characters. Drive, The Ides of March & Crazy, Stupid, Love couldn't be more different from one another. To me, being able to portray 3 totally different characters is being diverse.

Not r347, but I think they might be referring to the rumors that Daniel Craig is still in the closet. Not sure though.

by Anonymousreply 35312/21/2011

He's become a huge famewhore and has contributed to his own overexposure. I'm sick of him and really wish he' go away. He's the definition of a try-hard. Anybody who's 31 and stills acts like a hipster is pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 35412/21/2011

Craig could have stayed with his previous girlfriend if he needed a beard instead of creating attention with Rachel Weisz.

by Anonymousreply 35512/21/2011

Craig and Weisz have known each other since college, where they briefly dated then. Most people still don't even know they're together because they're private and don't showmance and beg for attention like Ryan and Eva. Gosling's a phony and a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 35612/21/2011

I don't think Weisz would beard for Daniel Craig. I always felt Daniel Craig really liked women.

by Anonymousreply 35712/21/2011

I think Craig and Weisz are for real, maybe he's bi but prefers relationships with women and they both know each other already for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 35812/21/2011

[quote]His "talent" is greatly exaggerated

True. I wouldn't mind him if he weren't so overrated but that media types continue to want to over praise him which makes him annoying.

by Anonymousreply 35912/21/2011

I actually think his acting is that great, and he's definitely one of the top actors in his age bracket. That said, he seems to be taking smarmy, douchebag lessons from his new pal Clooney, which is a huge turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 36012/21/2011

I enjoyed Drive but I feel it is over-praised. His character in that was ridiculous too. People would ask him questions or say something to him and he'd just stare blankly and not respond or acknowledge the person. If someone acted like that around me I would keep my distance and certainly wouldn't "befriend" him.

by Anonymousreply 36112/21/2011

Has anyone here had him? Looks like he'd be a great f**k.

by Anonymousreply 36212/22/2011

Yes, I'd like to know how he is between the sheets :) Must be a fabulous fuck. But I hate that he's dating Eva Mendes. I hope I don't read that they got engaged over christmas and are expecting a baby. If I do, then I hope the world really is coming to an end in 2012. Ok, I'm being dramatic, but yes, I would be quite upset. She's just not down to earth enough for him. She seems like a high maintenance princess.

by Anonymousreply 36312/26/2011

I agree r363. I find it to be an odd pairing. I also agree that she seems like she's high maintenance and Ryan seems just the opposite.

Most people think it's just a showmance. I tend to agree.

I have my doubts they spent the holidays together. I think he spends them with his mother and sister in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 36412/26/2011

I like Eva and Ryan together. I like him and Zoe Saldana alot more though.

by Anonymousreply 36512/26/2011

Ryan was actually spotted in LA on Christmas Day. Can't believe he chose to spend Christmas with Eva over his mom. Must be pretty serious.

by Anonymousreply 36612/26/2011

Serious, as in seriously fake.

by Anonymousreply 36712/26/2011

I'm surprised to hear that. I thought he'd spend Christmas with his mother. But yet I have to agree with r367....seriously fake.

by Anonymousreply 36812/26/2011

Actually r366, someone from Halifax just posted on their Twitter that Ryan's mother lives around the corner from her and she saw Ryan there on Christmas. Eva was with him.

Where did you hear that he was spotted in LA on Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 36912/26/2011

Yep, r370. I honestly thought his mother lived near Toronto, but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 37112/27/2011

I think people who don't like her with Ryan are just plain prejudiced because she's too ethnic looking. She's gorgeous and from the interviews I've seen her do, she's warm, down to earth and funny. I wouldn't be surprised if its the real deal for him.

by Anonymousreply 37212/27/2011

Ethnic? She looks like a tranny and has a full on manjaw. Hilariously overrated lookswise. Plus, she's been in rehab for coke. She's trash but I don't think he's any better really.

by Anonymousreply 37312/27/2011

Somebody on twitter said they met him at Ralph's in LA on christmas day. But I'm pretty sure his mother lives in Burlington, Ontario.

by Anonymousreply 37412/27/2011

Juging by his "sex" scenes in Ides Of March and Crazy,Stupid,Love, he looks boring as hell in bed.

So are he and Eva gonna make their showmance red carpet debut at the Golden Globes? I;m sure she's excited, it's the only way she'll ever be able to go to those anymore

by Anonymousreply 37512/27/2011

I thought he moved to NYC?

He and JT should become friends again. They're both "dating" the two most basic chicks in Hollywood. Mendes is the definition of a butterface plus she's getting old FAST.

by Anonymousreply 37612/27/2011

R373, 375,376,etc, you really have it hard for Gosling. You think Reynolds/Lively is less PR than this? Their romance is OTT, every week there is a pic of their PDA that it smacks of sickening PR The paps have a thing for Gosling because he's hot right now while RR is basically over and desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 37712/27/2011

I don't think he is in Halifax, N.S. No one goes there. If he went there, it would be because he has quit acting and has gone into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 37812/27/2011

How can you judge how he'd be in bed in real life r375 when he was playing a role in a movie? It's called acting for a reason. So I can't see how you can base that on a role.

I don't think he was in Halifax either since I heard his mother lives in Burlington which is in Ontario. It's nowhere near Halifax.

by Anonymousreply 37912/27/2011

I'm going to have to ignore the bearding shenanigans because, boy, this is a fine looking man.

by Anonymousreply 38012/29/2011

Thanks for the link to those pics, r380. He's just beautiful. ~ sigh ~ I'm sure he's preparing for his upcoming role. I heard the movie starts filming in Feb.

by Anonymousreply 38112/29/2011

Well, he's going to look good in this movie, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 38212/29/2011

He looks like a hipster,poster douche. His body is overrated as well and disproportionate. Nice top, but he's got girl/ skinny chickenlegs and no ass.

by Anonymousreply 38312/29/2011

More for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 38412/29/2011

I think he's very sexy. He's not conventionally hansome, but there's just something about him. I don't get a gay vibe from him, but a possible bisexual vibe. He could very well enjoy both men and women. I wish more women ( or men) would come forward with their encounter stories.

by Anonymousreply 38512/29/2011

He's really becoming more annoying and more of a tool the more famous he gets, with the PR stunts and the pseudo-eccentric crap. I feel like Clooney's had a terrible influence on him.

by Anonymousreply 38612/29/2011

Is he becoming a tool in RL? He seems like a sweet guy, I'd hate to think he's changing. His dating/getting serious with Eva doesn't help matters. She's supposedly a jerk, so I hope it's not rubbing off on him.

by Anonymousreply 38712/30/2011

Ryan and Eva are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Here they are jetting off somewhere for New Year's. But boarding 'separately' for 'privacy.'

Yeah. Right.

by Anonymousreply 38812/30/2011

If the Academy is to get it right, they should nominate Ryan Gosling for Drive over the overrated Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 38912/30/2011

Christ, she looks more manly everytime I see her. Her manjaw is so prominent.

by Anonymousreply 39012/30/2011

Does Ryan have enough pull to get Eva decent film roles? I mean, her career is pretty much finished. She's getting old, she still can't act, her looks have faded. It's desperate times for her.

by Anonymousreply 39112/30/2011

Of course they have to spend the holidays together. After that crappy Funny or Die video, if they spent the holidays apart it'd be even more proof that they're fake.

by Anonymousreply 39212/30/2011

Anyone notice a bit of a pattern of the women he dates? Not just that they're older, but kind of masculine looking? Sandra Bullock is still attractive, especially now, but she's got a manjaw. Rachel McAdams, who is very pretty but even she has a bit of a masculine jawline. And Eva is pure transvestite a lot of the times. And his whole "I think like a girl" shtick, it's like he's as gay as possible without having to act on it.

by Anonymousreply 39312/30/2011

Yes, I did notice r393. Ryan seems to date mannish type of women.

by Anonymousreply 39412/30/2011

I've read sightings of him at tanning salons and at nail salons. Eva seems like the high maintenace type, so I guess they enjoy getting their nails done together.

by Anonymousreply 39512/30/2011

Eva Mendes and boyfriend Ryan Gosling cover their faces as they arrive in New York City via JFK airport on Friday night (December 30).

by Anonymousreply 39601/01/2012

[quote] VillageVoice Which ethnic actress must be getting a career boost out of publicly dating that sizzling actor? (She’s a lesbian!)

by Anonymousreply 39701/01/2012

This is getting embarassing. Paparazzi pictures every single day now. And now he tries to hide his face, you can see he's getting annoyed now. This showmance is not going to last much longer.

by Anonymousreply 39801/01/2012

You all know that Rachel McAdams is a lesbian, right?

by Anonymousreply 39901/01/2012

Their PR team without a doubt has JJ on their payroll. He always debuts and puts their pictures at the top of his site and even referred to them as a "superstar" couple. There is also fake UsWeekly stories about them,including "sources", 2 of the biggest signs this is nothing but PR.

by Anonymousreply 40001/01/2012

Gosling's character was annoying and whiney in "Blue Valentine."

by Anonymousreply 40101/01/2012

If McAdams is gay, does that mean Michael Sheen is too and Sandra Bullock?

Why would Ryan beard for her or Eva unless he's gay himself?

by Anonymousreply 40201/01/2012

A couple posters outing Eva as a lesbian here. Her 10 year "relationshiip" with that George dude always made me suspicious. She was never with him.

by Anonymousreply 40301/01/2012

Derek Cianfrance, who directed their movie, is one of Ryan best friends. Ryan did whatever he could to promote Blue Valentine, including those Blake Lively sightings and all the rumors about Michelle Williams. Ryan always played them up and they would hold hands at the primieres of their films just so people would speculate. Apparantly Ryan only has a small supporting role/extended cameo in this new film, so he might not have to/be able to do much promotion for this. Doing a showmance and bearding for Eva IS his promotion for this film.

by Anonymousreply 40401/01/2012

Kinda goes to show how overrated his acting is. Me and Blake are more convincing than this.

by Anonymousreply 40501/01/2012

Sorry, Ryan Reynolds @ R405, but Lively's gay hopping with popular actors (Remember Leo D. just before you?) only makes you as suspect as Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 40601/01/2012

Gosling should have been Gatsby in that remake.

by Anonymousreply 40701/01/2012

I've heard the rumors about Eva and Jada. Also heard that Eva and Cameron Diaz have hooked up. Hasn't Diaz said she was bi?

by Anonymousreply 40801/01/2012

I've seen all his work and Half Nelson is the only performance that impressed me. Overall, he's mediocre and dull. He makes the most out of his average, overrated talent though so I guess I can't fault him.

by Anonymousreply 40901/01/2012

Why are they leaving a hotel when he has a place in NYC? So they're not even staying together. And the paps rarely hang around the East Village either. Another staged photo-op.

by Anonymousreply 41001/01/2012

I've hated this guy ever since he went to that MTV Movie aAwards thing wearing and posing in a "Darfur" T-shirt. He's a pretentious douche who really isn't anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is (he really is the next Clooney)and now that he's so overexposed, people are starting to catch on.

by Anonymousreply 41101/01/2012

LOL @ their fake kissing. Look at the pictures close up. Her face is turned away from him,he's not even kissing her. That blind item HAS to be about them.

by Anonymousreply 41201/01/2012

I've heard Ryan is a total sweetheart, but I also heard things about him treating the women he hooked up with like sh*t. I'm sure he's no angel but I'd like to think he's a decent dude. Not just really good at convincing us of his nice guy image when he's really a prick.

by Anonymousreply 41301/01/2012

He's about to go to Thailand for his new movie for about 5 months. I wonder if their contract will be up during that time and they'll announce their "split", or if they'll wait till they're movie is out in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 41401/01/2012

Blake and Leo's contract ended when he went to Sydney, good call.

by Anonymousreply 41501/01/2012

No, Blake went to visit Leo at least once in Sydney but I guess you couldn't get daily photo ops once Gossip Girl began filming again in NYC while Leo was stuck in Sydney for several more months. Also, Leo looked annoyed and miserable with Blake. Ryan looks...resigned.

by Anonymousreply 41601/01/2012

Isn't he having a long term affair with his (hot) (female) assistant who is always with him?

by Anonymousreply 41701/01/2012

He has the face of a 10-year old altar boy with that bad haircut. And the fake kissing is sad and hilarious.

His assistant is pretty (prettier than Eva- i can't call what's bigger, her nose or her jaw.) but she looked very young. Ryan likes aging, past their prime women.

by Anonymousreply 41801/01/2012

Well, if nothing else, he DOES know how to dress. The coat he's wearing in the pics taken on New Year's Eve is Burberry and it costs almost a grand.

I was LOL at the pic of them kissing as well, r412. So fake it's not even funny. It's sad actually.

by Anonymousreply 41901/01/2012

Is he still with that assistant? I haven't seen her around in a while, unless he dumped her for Eva.

by Anonymousreply 42001/01/2012

They'll split after the movie is in theaters. No point in going through with this if they won't keep it going till their movie is out. That's what this is all for. If the film couldn't attract better "actors" than Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes, plus Greta Gerwig dropped out I think, and Ryan really does only have a small supporting role, then I'm guessing the movie sucks.

by Anonymousreply 42101/01/2012

Well, he did say that Raquel Welch was his childhood crush. Even though she's a basic ugly version of her, Eva does resemble Raquel and it explains his preference for women with masculine features. He's quite immature and childish the obsessions with Disneyland, magic,and candy so it looks like he's living out a shallow childhood fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 42201/01/2012

Looks like he introduced Eva to his mom. Wonder if she approves?

by Anonymousreply 42301/02/2012

How do you know? More staged photo-ops?

by Anonymousreply 42401/03/2012

Ryan and Mom going to the movies. I think they said Eva met them there or something.

by Anonymousreply 42501/03/2012

Wow, they're getting papped everywhere they go. Who are they, Brad and Angie? Gosling still has never attracted that much paparazzi attention and nobody gives a crap about Eva Mendes. That BI is definitely them.

by Anonymousreply 42601/03/2012

Diaz has hinted at her attracted towards women, then backtracked, then hinted again. She's not straight. R408

by Anonymousreply 42701/04/2012

Ryan goes barefoot.

by Anonymousreply 42801/04/2012

Thanks for the link r428. 1 word: YUM. And yes, I do have a foot fetish. That and the fact it's Ryan I'm totally turned on right now. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 42901/04/2012

I have a feeling Ryan's slept with all the women in Hollywood. He just gives me that playa vibe. Plus his supposed hook ups with other women too.

by Anonymousreply 43001/05/2012

Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender should play gay lovers.

by Anonymousreply 43101/05/2012

I'd let him FMH until I couldn't walk anymore and then some more.

by Anonymousreply 43201/05/2012

I had lunch next to him in LA in May and he is utterly underwhelming and mediocre looking in person. The most overrated person in Hollywood right now, bar none.

by Anonymousreply 43301/05/2012

That's funny, r433, when I met him in Detroit where he was filming Ides of March I thought he was even more attractive in person. So we have different opinions on him. Plus he seemed like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 43401/06/2012

OMG - Blue Valentine sucked. We watched it yesterday and I wanted to cut my eyes out with pinking sheers. Were we supposed to care about these people? The balding loser who drinks beers at 8am and paints a few houses and the brain dead doe eyed housewife who appears to be in a constant state of "did this just happen"? - "where am I?" - "How did I get here?".....albeit, that is the Michelle Williams school of bad acting - but I take my clothes off, so I'm edgy.

Gosling, love him. Great actor. Not here. He sucked - to his credit, this character was simply....semi - retarded. Ambitionless high School drop out who draws and plays ukelele in the moonlight and has the mentality of a 12 year old.....oooooh, how artsy and cool....SO INDIE FILM MATERIAL.

WORST MOVIE EVER.

by Anonymousreply 43501/08/2012

Ryan Gosling seriously should be nominated for "Drive"...like, OMG!!

by Anonymousreply 43601/08/2012

r434, saw him when he was filming "Crazy. Stupid. Love", and thought he was drop dead GORGEOUS!

by Anonymousreply 43701/08/2012

Have to admit he is hot in Crazy, Stupid, Love. I am beginning to think he is a lot more like the character he played in it. Himbo. Drive was pretty awesome but kept thinking, "DiNero impression. Still, he was good and totally watchable. His legs weren't that skinny either.

by Anonymousreply 43801/08/2012

Is it wrong to want to dip this guy's toes in honey and suck them?

by Anonymousreply 43901/08/2012

Not at all, r439. God only knows what other fantasies he's inspired. I have quite a few of my own. ;-)

Also, r434 here and I agree r437. He really was even more gorgeous in person and polite too.

by Anonymousreply 44001/08/2012

Good actor, likeable man, nice body, fugly face.

by Anonymousreply 44101/08/2012

Love Gosling, but shit, "Drive" was a bad movie!

by Anonymousreply 44201/10/2012

I have fantasies where he rapes my mouth. First I beg for him to stop until ... I start begging for more. He slaps me around a little too, then finishes by pushing me down and fucking my hole.

by Anonymousreply 44301/10/2012

Nice! r443

I've had similar fantasies myself involving Ryan. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 44401/10/2012

He manages to make walking through an airport look hot.

by Anonymousreply 44501/12/2012

The 20 Most Flawless, Perfect Pictures Of Ryan Gosling At The Airport.

by Anonymousreply 44601/13/2012

He's a butterface. That face is fugly, and it would of been even worse if he hadn't gotten a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 44701/13/2012

I love the way he bulges in white briefs.

by Anonymousreply 44801/13/2012

OMG. I feel like screaming "the emperor has no clothes." I can't seriously be the ONLY person who sees that this guy is totally ordinary in every sense; that if you didn't know he was a celeb, you wouldn't even notice him walking down the street. He's so bland and boring looking-- not even worthy of second glance.

by Anonymousreply 44901/13/2012

You're not the only one, R449.

He's been around for years and suddenly he's getting the huge push as a sex symbol and leading man. Nothing's changed except his publicist.

by Anonymousreply 45001/13/2012

I finally saw "Blue Valentine" last night and was left wondering what the fuck the big deal was. I've seen better dissolving marriage dramas on Lifetime. And Michelle's character was such a bitch he should have dumped her and found just about anyone else to take to the "future room"

by Anonymousreply 45101/14/2012

Those who say he's fugly etc. must need glasses. I worked with him on 1 of his movies and I can tell you, he's a beautiful man in person. Not only that, he's a total sweetheart. He was so nice to everyone in the cast and crew. He would take the time to chat and joke around with crew members in between takes. He's very down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 45201/14/2012

I sympathized with Michelle's character. Dean was a lazy, alcoholic man child. Even with Ryan Gosling's face, I would have asked for a divorce too.

He was a part time painter, full time drunk and thought raising their daughter meant laying around and playing games with food. He wasn't contributing anything, he didn't want to change, he didn't want to grow up. At a certain point you have to give up on a person like that.

by Anonymousreply 45301/14/2012

He's not a bad actor by any means, but he's not as good as his hype. He's just a pretty good actor, not great. His movies tend to get very overhyped by critics. I thought Blue Valentine (and his acting in that was SO obvious and hammy) and Drive both sucked. He actually showed more talent and potential in his earlier fims (starting from The Believer and ending with Half Nelson) that I don't think he's really lived up to, in spite of the incredibly annoying hype and overexposure he gets. He was also better looking when he was skinnier and not buff IMO.

by Anonymousreply 45401/14/2012

He better not get nominated of an Oscar for his laughably overrated, dull performances in Drive or Ides of March. I'm so sick of his hype and I'm not even remotely impressed by him. He's ugly too.

by Anonymousreply 45501/14/2012

Please say you're joking, r455. Ryan was brilliant in Drive.

by Anonymousreply 45601/14/2012

I agree, r456. Ryan was brilliant in Drive. I cannot wait to get it on Blu Ray. Definitely a 1st day buy for me.

by Anonymousreply 45701/14/2012

He wasn't that good in Drive. He walks around and broods in every damn movie he does (Ides Of March, All Good things, Stay, etc.) There was nothing new about his acting in that film. On top of that the movie was overrated, shallow garbage, so I'd say also he doesn't deserve to be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 45801/15/2012

Apparantly he's in Thailand doing a new movie and he's skipping the Golden Globes. I think he already skipped the Critic's Choice awards too. So, there goes his Oscar chances.

by Anonymousreply 45901/15/2012

His appeal is lost on me. I see a very ordinary looking man with little sexiness. Plus his acting is dull and unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 46001/15/2012

Look at his profile in those pics, he doesn't have side jaw, it goes str8 up, making his face longer. He is aight. But let's be real, he aint all dat gurl. Those fucking skinny jeans on men (blech) and those highwaters with no socks in that airport pic. No gurl!~ Danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 46101/15/2012

Agree with R449, R450, R458, R460. I thought Drive was rather pretentious. I think Ryan Reynolds has limited range. I'm not saying he isn't a nice person to work with, I'm just saying he is a lot like the character in Ides of March. He's a lot of hype and doesn't live up to expectations.

I've seen four movies now, that were hyped to death with Ryan Gosling. I was disappointed in all of them. Crazy Stupid Love, Drive, Blue Valentine and Ides.

I agree he's over-hyped and there's a huge push for him. His recent "popularity" is manufactured like Ryan Reynolds, and Bradley Cooper.

I think Cooper and Gosling will be around because they're pretty steady and they now have powerful BFFs. Leo De Caprio is Bradley's go-to guy, and Gosling is Clooney's new buddy.

I think Reynolds should go into real estate. Next year's big deal will be Channing Tatum. You heard it here first. Steven Soderbergh likes him.

by Anonymousreply 46301/15/2012

Drive is a divisive film no doubt, but I loved it. In large part to its magnificent score, I had to get the soundtrack album right away.

As for his looks, he might not be the best looking technically and I can see why some wouldn't like him, but he just oozes sex. He just has it.

Talent - possibly a bit overrated, but a good actor and great in things like Half Nelson. Anyone who pisses off that bitch Timberlake is alright by me.

by Anonymousreply 46401/15/2012

From the new Out magazine feature on couples in love...

Is this what Gosling would look like if he hadn't had a teenage nosejob?

This picture makes these two guys look just a little like Gosling and Matt Damon...but just a little.

by Anonymousreply 46501/18/2012

I normally find him very dull, a male version of Scarlett Johanson. Dull, boring. Looks overrated, just like Scar Jo. BUT, I did see him in that movie with Steve Carell and Julianne Moore, and it was the first time I found him remotely attractive. But his acting, was, meh, dull. Other things I have seen, dull as well.

by Anonymousreply 46601/18/2012

[quote]Next year's big deal will be Channing Tatum. You heard it here first. Steven Soderbergh likes him.

Except that he can't act and he mumbles when he speaks. His fan base is very adolescent and won't translate to adults.

by Anonymousreply 46701/19/2012

Like him but hate most of his films.

by Anonymousreply 46801/19/2012

In Life & Style Mag it says that Ryan wants to get married someday and have kids. Eva doesn't like the idea of being married or having kids. And there's the deal breaker right there.

That plus Ryan's mother feels as though Eva is a bad influence on him and his friends don't like her either.

Yeah, I can't see this turning out well.

by Anonymousreply 46901/21/2012

r 469, and you know this how? Star mag?

by Anonymousreply 47001/21/2012

Oh god, there are still people who think this sham is real? Yet it's happened to be documented and photographed every single step of the way, but it's totally genuine! Stop being so naive. That blind item basically outed them.

I'm sure Eva was devastated that he skipped out on those award shows. She's so irrelevant now, she's not even on Stacy Keibler level anymore.

by Anonymousreply 47101/21/2012

This was in Life & Style Mag. The other part about it not turning out well is just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 47201/21/2012

Eva's now walking his dog while he's in thailand. Guess they're still together. Drat :(

by Anonymousreply 47301/23/2012

Sound like a great bearding arrangement. "I'll stage photo-ops with you, you watch my dog while I'm gone, all while we promote our movie coming out soon."

Eva is a dyke dyke dyke. Have any of you seen pictures of her beard/"bf", George? He SCREAMED gay. This is a fake relationship, they'll "split" about a month after their movie comes out. Anyone who thinks this is real is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 47401/23/2012

I agree R474.

by Anonymousreply 47501/23/2012

I like that he's vegan and has a rescue doggie.

by Anonymousreply 47601/23/2012

[R476] He's not a vegan. He's spoken out about chickens being slaughtered, but he's always admitted that he eats meat.

[R474] Yup, her "boyfriend" indeed always looked incredibly gay to me. I remember seeing pictures of them on a yacht surrounded only by gay men in speedos. Eva has always seemed struck me as a lesbian.

I'm not even the first to call out "showmance" but this is definitely a PR arragement for their movie, which is going to need all the publicity it can get. Why else has the normally-private Ryan suddenly become an attention whore?

by Anonymousreply 47701/23/2012

I've noticed that too, R393. He seems to only date older, manly looking women, though I'm totally getting the "he bearding for her for their movie" vibe as well.

by Anonymousreply 47801/24/2012

Interesting theory. I go back and forth about what I think is up with them. Maybe he just really likes her and thinks she's sexy, but the photos of them (body language) say otherwise. But if it is indeed a bearding situation, why would he spend christmas and new years with her, and introduce her to his mother?

by Anonymousreply 47901/24/2012

Did you see pictures of Eva and him at Christmas and New Years with the mother? If you did, his mom may be in on pushing his career forward since she pushed him into being a child star. Don't believe them when the parents say the kid wanted it, not them.

by Anonymousreply 48001/24/2012

I think Ryan is really hot. He's been one of my favorite actors since I saw The Believer.

by Anonymousreply 48101/26/2012

He was robbed. He should have gotten an oscar nom for Drive, just like Michael Fassbender for Shame.

by Anonymousreply 48201/26/2012

Can one of the "Ryan got robbed for Drive" fans please explain what was so difficult about his performance that it merits an Oscar nom? I can stare into space and ignore people too!

by Anonymousreply 48301/26/2012

Love Gosling, but Drive was an awful film, and Ides of March wasn't that good a role to compete against the others. Gosling SHOULD have been nominated in past years both for Lars and the Real Girl AND Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 48401/26/2012

r483, it's true, he doesn't say much at all in Drive. However it's how he conveys his emotions through his expressions without needing words that makes his performance so good. There's more to it than staring into space and ignoring people. So I think that's why he was worthy of an Oscar nom. Well, in my opinion anyway.

by Anonymousreply 48501/26/2012

I wonder when Eva will start appearing in Thailand. She had her photo taken with his dog the other day. I still have a hard time believing this relationship. But Ryan doesn't seem like the type to fake a relationship to promote a movie. It it's real, his taste in women sucks. She's beautiful, yes, but she's apparently very bitchy. Shame, really.

by Anonymousreply 48601/29/2012

R486, How is he not the type to fake a relationship? He played up dating rumors big time with Michelle Williams when they were promoting Blue Valentine, but it was Michelle who wasn't willing to go along with it. Then came the random Blake Lively sightings, again when he was promoting Blue Valentine, directed by the same guy as their movie. I think he's VERY much willing to fake a relationship for a movie. Almost all celebrities have done it and despite how much he and his PR team would heave you believe, Ryan is just like every celebrity in Hollywood. And she isn't all that beautiful. Maybe if you like aging drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 48701/29/2012

If its a showmance, theyre pretty good actors and seem to like each other. The other showmance----Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana---is not working.

by Anonymousreply 48801/30/2012

R488, how so? They have absolutely NO chemistry at all in their staged photo-ops. I've never seen Gosling have less chemistry nor look more awkward with a woman before. Both showmances are fake and unconvincing as hell. I don't get why people put Gosling on a pedastal and say he wouldn't do something like this. If he's so private and if this is real, then why are they famewhoring it and going out of their way to try and get attention? These PR stunts are always for their upcoming movies.

by Anonymousreply 48901/30/2012

He should've had a showmance with Emma Stone they had chemistry to burn in Crazy, Sexy, Love but I guess she's gotta make a straight boy outta Andy Garfield.

by Anonymousreply 49001/30/2012

Bingo, 490.

I agree, R489. No chemistry. He could not look more bored, awkward and and uninterested in Eva. Look at any of their staged pictures. You could cut her right out of the frame with no problem. Ryan pays her no attention.

Finally saw Ides of March. He was good in it, but the movie never really rose above "meh" for me. He is amazingly hot though. And it's not really even about his looks, because you could find more conventially attractive men. He just exudes something raw, sexual and masculine. He has the IT factor.

I'd like to see him in another movie with Michael Pitt. They'd melt off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 49101/30/2012

It's not a showmance. Eva's been spotted with Ryan in Bangkok, ands they weren't going out of their way to be photographed. It's the real deal. Ryan's taste in women is terrible. She's a known bitch. Very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 49202/02/2012

They have been giving fans the brush off, refusing pics and not looking very happy when recognized. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 49302/03/2012

Here's Eva on the cover of the March issue of Marie Claire Magazine. I just don't find her attractive....in a womanly sort of way anyway. lol Honestly I think this is a terrible pic of her. Inside she reveals how she landed the ‘hottest guy in Hollywood.'

Here's a pic of the cover.

by Anonymousreply 49402/05/2012

It's funny how people can analyze a relationship by a few pics. Maybe they look unhappy because there are flashbulbs popping in their face every time they go out?

Btw, I think she's hot.

by Anonymousreply 49502/05/2012

[quote]Here's Eva on the cover of the March issue of Marie Claire Magazine.

That's a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 49602/07/2012

Ryan is such an idiot. She's gonna hold onto him for dear life, he's boosting her career, but she is hurting his. He was so much more hot before Eva. She sucked the hotness out of him. I can't look at him the same anymore.

by Anonymousreply 49702/07/2012

Lainey has the first pictures of Ryan and Eva in Thailand. You know if that stupid twat is getting the scoop on these two it's because their pubicist is feeding her the info. She's the female equivalent of Ted 'Twilight' Casablanca.

If gossip bloggers are blowing smoke up your ass about a particular couple, you know it's a showmance!

by Anonymousreply 49802/08/2012

Why do I have the feeling Rachel McAdams may have been the last female Ryan was interested in sexually? Would explain why he's only hooked up with talentless bimbos since then. Could it be for bearding purposes? I've heard lesbian rumours about Eva Mendes. Would it be completely unreasonable to wonder if they are bearding for each other? They look platonic together. I don't see any heat or attraction between them. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 49905/16/2012

[quote]What do you think?

I think you are a gay version of an idiot fangirl.

Anyway, agree that Ryan is not traditionally handsome (beady eyes, pointy chin), but he's sexy, smart and funny.

by Anonymousreply 50005/16/2012

I loved Drive and though Gosling was awesome, it's not really an Oscar worthy film or performance, it's too stylized for those old coots.

by Anonymousreply 50105/16/2012

I think Ryan and Eva are a showmance. All these "exclusives" about them in People Magazine and US magazine give it away.

by Anonymousreply 50205/16/2012

[quote]I loved Drive and though Gosling was awesome, it's not really an Oscar worthy film or performance, it's too stylized for those old coots.

Exactly - Denzel won an Oscar for a similar role but it was a make-up Oscar. No one wins for these throwaway roles (except Sandra Bullock) unless they were robbed the year before

by Anonymousreply 50305/31/2012

Ryan Gosling/Sandra Bullock Blind Item 1: As has been the case throughout the past week or so, many of these blind items interact with some of the same players appearing in more than one. Actor #1 is your puzzle piece this week to be joined with another blind. It seems to be Academy Award week this week in the blind items and today is no exception. This actress has not only been in this spot before, but has also won an Academy Award. This actress who is still very much an A list actress has not worked much in the past two years but still maintains that status. Much like The Backstabber, this actress also has tried to hold the title of the world's sweetheart. Everyday though, our actress lives with a secret. A big secret. One that she thinks if revealed would cause her to lose any future roles and would also make the public at large feel like they could never trust her. Lets call her Secret Keeper. For the past 20+ years our actress has been in the closet. That in of itself is not the biggest deal in the world, but it is the way she chooses to create this fiction around her which is probably the greatest acting job ever. Generally when it comes to the world of beards it is a very male dominated world with gay men finding women to act as beards. Our actress has become a master of the beard and has told friends she used Katharine Hepburn as her role model. Secret Keeper has always had that innocent look in movies. She tries to stay out of the tabloids and to never draw attention to herself except when it comes to one very important thing. Men. Some of the best looking, most gorgeous actors in the world have been linked to Secret Keeper, but they never actually go out. It is probably fair to say that Secret Keeper has been linked with three of the hottest actors on the planet. All of them A list and all of them supposedly wanting to date Secret Keeper. The truth is none of them have ever dated Secret Keeper but sure are happy to hang out with her. They keep her secret safe while making it look like she is desirable and wanted and all heterosexual. She also keeps their secrets. The first actor who went along for the ride with Secret Keeper was supposed to be a long term thing. He is an A lister through and through and only shows up on television in cameos. Although these two were supposedly together for a year or more, no one ever saw them out in public. She is not good in public with affection and men. Despite her Academy Award, she is not that good with men on the screen either. Most of her relationships on screen are not about long kisses and sex scenes. In fact, it is really really rare that she ever kisses a man on screen. Anyway, she and Actor #1 had a thing until she found out about some things he was doing to other women that she found repulsive. He was setting them up and acting more like a pimp than an actor. Plus, he wanted a relationship that involved sex with a woman and Secret Keeper did not play that game so they split. Unlike her other bearded relationships, Secret Keeper never speaks to Actor #1 because of his past actions. Actor #2 was second on the playlist after Actor #1. He is also an A lister, but probably would never have achieved it without the help of Secret Keeper who showed her appreciation for his year of service by introducing him to people that took his career from a "hey, that guy is pretty good, to an automatic greenlight if this guy is on board." The secret she keeps for him is that, despite the fact that women crave him, he does not always reciprocate. His longest term relationship was a struggle for him because he was always going back and forth between men and women and his B list actress girlfriend did not appreciate that. Actor #2 did introduce Secret Keeper to someone who has become a fixture in her life. Actor #3 is also A list and is perfectly happy to let the tabloids think that he has sex with Secret Keeper everytime he is single.

by Anonymousreply 50405/31/2012

Ryan Gosling/Sandra Bullock Blind Item 2: They don't, but he hates the tabloids anyway and feels like he is sticking it to them each time. They do really care for each other and when he is involved with someone they can't hang out because then people might suspect they are just friends. It is only when they are both "single," that he can come over and the tabloids go crazy. In what is probably the best example of her acting skill, our actress even faked a marriage. The couple never had sex, but when he began to stray and get caught, it had to end. She had to play the hurt wife, even though she didn't care at all about the affairs, but the fact that she was going to have to end it and lose her perfect cover. At the present time, Secret Keeper just stays at home and has her few select, very very long term companions that she sees who pose as maids or assistants or whatever makes them innocuous to the paps. Secret Keeper is probably the best ever at keeping a secret. Secret Keeper: Sandra Bullock Actor #1: Matthew McCounaghey Actor #2: Ryan Gosling (Rachel McAdams) Actor #3: Ryan Reynolds Husband: Jesse James

by Anonymousreply 50505/31/2012

Ryan is BI???

I seriously doubt that, right? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 50605/31/2012

Oh I remember that BI. It's from CDAN from a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 50705/31/2012

R506 I'm with you. That would really surprise me, but the girls he's been linked to and now this Eva Mendes PR shit...hmmm

by Anonymousreply 50805/31/2012

R499- You are not in Ryan's mind. You can't possibly think for his cock or brain. You have no clue if he's interested in Eva sexually or PR stunt. It Could all be PR it might not be. Eva is very attractive and sure her acting skills are C list. I don't find it that hard to believe they are attracted to one another. She doesn't have to be Rachel McAdams because you want her to. Maybe he's bored and wanted something sexy and spicy.

by Anonymousreply 50906/01/2012

@497-Eva was doing alright on her on. She may not be alist yet she isn't hurting either. How do you know the other women he dated weren't trying that same thing? Maybe she's different and he likes it. He's a grown men and can decide for himself. Because he's dating a woman you don't approve of doesn't mean the end is near for him. He's still very sexy hell ever sexier now.

by Anonymousreply 51006/01/2012

I saw "Blue Valentine". It's a good movie, but very depressing and intense. There's only one "hot" sex scene in it that I remember: Gosling's character is undressing William's character and ends up eating her out. That's at the beginning of their relationship. After six years of marriage they go to a tacky "theme" hotel in an effort to rekindle their long gone passion, and it's a disaster. The sex scenes there are excruciating to watch: he trying to pleasure her and it's obvious she has no sexual attraction to him at all anymore. There's also a scene near the beginning of the movie where William's incredible jerk of a boyfriend (this is before she takes up with Gosling) is fucking her from behind. That too, is excruciating to watch: no love, no feeling, nothing but a cock going in and out.

by Anonymousreply 51106/01/2012

i thought you guys were talking about Eva Green

by Anonymousreply 51206/04/2012

Nope...we're talking about that crazy Eva Mendes and her big bag of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 51306/07/2012

Eva Green's really beautiful in an unconventional sort of way.

Gosling's sexy can't deny that, but I've honestly never gotten a gay vibe from him.

by Anonymousreply 51406/07/2012

He's hot. Do you think his ass is smooth or hairy?

by Anonymousreply 51506/08/2012

Happy 32nd birthday, Ryan Gosling!

by Anonymousreply 51611/12/2012

Gosling is Hot is Gangster Squad, but what is up with his voice choice. Very Harvey Milk (via Sean Penn).

by Anonymousreply 51702/03/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 51802/15/2013

Whyhas Ryan never taken a gay role? Is he homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 51902/15/2013

Ryan is excellent in Lars and the Real Girl too.

by Anonymousreply 52002/24/2013

Wasn't there some Mickey Mouse clips of he and Justin Timberlake acting super queeny when they were kids?

by Anonymousreply 52102/24/2013

I would love to see those, r521. Link anyone?

by Anonymousreply 52202/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 52302/24/2013

this again

by Anonymousreply 52403/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 52503/01/2013

I love Ryan and would marry him. He's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 52603/02/2013

Would he have as big a career if his name were Ryan Duckling?

by Anonymousreply 52703/02/2013

Just to brighten everyone's day.

by Anonymousreply 52803/23/2013

"Blue Valentine" is one of the best movies about the beginning and end of a relationship. It's so REAL. You totally understand why they fell in love and you totally understand why their relationship goes to hell. The sex scenes in the hotel are excruciating but hyou can't look away; he's doing his best to pleasure her but her sexual feelings for him are completely dead.

I thought both Williams and Gosling should have been nominated for Oscars for it.

by Anonymousreply 52903/23/2013

I still can't figure out why Michelle was nominated and Ryan was not.

by Anonymousreply 53003/23/2013

Anyone see The Place Beyond the Pines (aka The Meatrack)?

by Anonymousreply 53104/05/2013

Supposedly Ryan is playing a parody of himself in the movie that was booed at Cannes (same director as DRIVE).

by Anonymousreply 53205/23/2013

[quote]Timberlake never lost the gay voice. Gosling did but probably by adopting his fake accent.

I think Ryan still has it, if you zoom in close enough to most men you could find it - especially if you isolate their voice from watching them.

Obviously kids high pitched voice is something else, but I dunno. I was very distracted during March of Ides, it sounds like he has a stuffed up nose. The more I paid attention to it I've decided I don't like his voice. :( Important for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 53305/24/2013

Did you hear his voice in The Gangster Squad? Gayest. Voice. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 53405/24/2013

[quote]After six years of marriage they go to a tacky "theme" hotel in an effort to rekindle their long gone passion, and it's a disaster. The sex scenes there are excruciating to watch: he trying to pleasure her and it's obvious she has no sexual attraction to him at all anymore.

In the scenes that take place that morning when he and the daugher wake her up when she's trying to sleep in, it's clear she can barely stand to be around him. She wants him to leave her alone. The more she disengages, the harder he pushes. He can't stand being ignored by her. It's fascinating to watch because he can't leave her alone, watching her every movement and then picking at her about everything she does. He's so hyper-aware of her that she has no personal privacy. His voice fills in all the spaces. He's suffocating her.

He's the kind of person who, if she asked him to let up on her, would push even harder, demanding that she defend herself. He doesn't comprehend that she responds to him picking at her by becoming more remote because that's foreign to his nature.

He comes up with the idea of going to the tacky motel and pushes until she agrees, even though she says she doesn't want to go. Then it all blows up in his face. The reason it's so hard to watch is that we all see it coming. It's inevitable. He retaliates by getting drunk and going to her job and taking over her workspace until she gets fired. There's no going back after that.

It was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 53505/24/2013

Rumor is he's going to be a Jedi in Ep. 7.

Will he the hunkiest man in Star Wars history?

by Anonymousreply 53607/24/2013

They cut out a scene of him stripping down to his underwear in The Place Behind the Pines, but now it's on the internet, and he has a gigantic bulge:

by Anonymousreply 53708/05/2013

Love him with the glasses in R528 pic.

I had the exact same reaction as the OP after seeing "Blue Valentine." It made me realize what all the fuss was about.

Here he is with Michael Fassbender in an upcoming Terrence Malick film.

by Anonymousreply 53808/05/2013

I attribute his confidence to a probable big cock and the fact that Sandra Bullock was fucking him when he was 22.

by Anonymousreply 53908/05/2013

Ryan said he moved to West Hollywood when he was 16. Do you think he had a lot of fun? I'm thinking, yes.

by Anonymousreply 54010/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.