Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Elijah Wood in The Hobbit

Elijah Wood Confirms Return in The Hobbit

It was recently reported that Elijah Wood will return for "The Hobbit" prequels, but now as Frodo Baggins, his role in "The Lord of the Rings." Now in an interview with IGN, Wood confirmed that he'll appear in "The Hobbit," adding that he will once again be playing Frodo. "We thought we were finished and the character doesn't even exist in 'The Hobbit,' so it was not even a pipe dream to imagine the possibility would be there for me to reprise the role of Frodo," he explained. "But they've come up with something that I think is kind of interesting and I think very fitting that doesn't necessarily infringe upon the integrity of the original novel. It's great. I'm really excited. I think [the role will] be relatively minimal. That's my impression. I actually haven't read anything yet." Peter Jackson returns to direct "The Hobbit" prequels, which will be filmed in Digital 3D and are scheduled to hit theaters on December 2012 and December 2013.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

Oh, my, this is too wonderful to be true!

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2011

What happened to Elijah Wood? Where is he? I don't think he's done anything since Everything is Illuminated.

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2011

Clop, clop, clop!

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2011

Read my mind, R3.

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2011

Having him, is the difference between $12 Million box office and $200 Million. He is the link that makes this movie quasi LOTR 4.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2011

Prance! Prance! Prance, I say!

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2011

Apparently Orlando Bloom may be in it too.%0D %0D [quote]A new report indicates that Orlando Bloom is set to earn $1 million dollars for his upcoming return as Legolas in The Hobbit. The catch is, he will only be in the upcoming Peter Jackson directed prequel for less than two minutes, which makes his return to the The Lord of the Rings universe a fleeting cameo. And an expensive one at that.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2011

They might as well bring Liv Tyler, Hugo Weaving, and Cate Blanchett into the fold.

Note: I don't find him very attractive now, but I remember seeing the first LOTR film and being blown away by Orlando Bloom's beauty. He was sooooo hot with long blonde hair and elf ears.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2011

Thank God, now I will go see this. Love me some Elijah Wood.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2011

My arms and legs just fell off!

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2011

Dominic Monaghan? They can dig up another beard for him just in time for a re-shoot.

Elijah Wood is past bearding, he doesn't do that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2011

He's not with his GF anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1201/13/2011

Sir Ian is returning, too

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2011

So Peter Jackson IS directing it? I was under the impression he was only going to produce.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2011

OK, now that we've gotten the Prancing Pony stuff out of the way...

How will they manage to fit Frodo into The Hobbit? He's not in the book...I don't think he was even born!

Will they bring Galadrial into the movie and her mirror?

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2011

OMG, I'm so excited! I won't be sleeping tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2011

Yes, r15!

by Anonymousreply 1701/14/2011

Sean Astin is currently eating to fulfill his role in the cameo.

by Anonymousreply 1801/14/2011

[quote] OK, now that we've gotten the Prancing Pony stuff out of the way...

*bats eyes*

by Anonymousreply 1901/14/2011

This is the best news I've heard in so long!

by Anonymousreply 2001/14/2011

me too r8. I only find Orlando attractive as the elf.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2101/14/2011

R15, he's just going to be the framing device. The movie will start with him reading from the book "There and back again", and he'll tie up the movie at the end, by closing the book. He will barely be in it. A few minutes at most.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2201/14/2011

My real concern is that they're doing two movies... one movie which will manage to shoe-horn all or most of "The Hobbit" into it, and a second movie that sorta "bridges the gap" between The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring (basically new, non-Tolkein material).%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2301/14/2011

"So Peter Jackson IS directing it? I was under the impression he was only going to produce."%0D %0D Originally, he was going to produce, and Guillermo Del Toro was going to direct. Then, Del Toro bailed during one of the delays in getting OKs from the studio, and Jackson took over as director. %0D %0D Del Toro will probably get partial credit for the script, but I wish he'd stuck around. I like them both, but Del Toro really is a better director.

by Anonymousreply 2401/14/2011

Thanks R22, I hadn't thought of that.

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 2501/14/2011

They aren't doing a bridge movie any more, apparently. They're doing an expanded version of The Hobbit which includes Gandalf's adventures when he leaves Bilbo and co. to fend for themselves and maybe some unfortunate subplots, such as the rumour that there will be an Elf-maiden called Itaril. And no doubt numbingly long battles lasting for hours.

by Anonymousreply 2601/14/2011

Who is going to play that leather daddy Beorn?

by Anonymousreply 2701/16/2011

No one every really talks about Elijah anymore. I know he broke up with his "girlfriend" so who is he dating now? Anyone got any gossip or seen him out and about with a guy? I still suspect he's gayer than an easter basket. Surely by now someone has some dirt on this guy that they can share.

by Anonymousreply 2801/31/2011

R28, there are a couple of threads at IMDB about it. One thread has sighting of him with another guy in San Francisco last year.

by Anonymousreply 2901/31/2011

Nice to see Elijah is slowly coming out.

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!