Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Let''s list topics on DL of which we are really sick.

Inspired by the "Let's List People we are really sick of right now" thread.

Please provide a reason for your disgust at that topic.

I'll start by writing that I am sick of the "Let's List People we are really sick of right now" thread. Why? It's because of unnecessary capitalization.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5702/18/2013

"Footballers in Love." I don't know who these people are but I'm tired of seeing this always at the top of DL. %0D %0D Anything to do with Broadway. Yuck. %0D %0D Jared and Whozits, Mariska, etc. %0D %0D I miss threads requiring imagination on the parts of posters, like the "Let's Pretend We're Sumerian Housewives." %0D %0D I miss good EST threads, the ones that whip people up into a lather, like "I'm not running a B&B here." That's my all time favorite thread.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 101/13/2011

When will you dim bulb queens learn that punctuation and spelling have nothing to with grammar. Got it?

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 201/13/2011

I own this thread. Refudiate and reload!

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 301/13/2011

While I agree the "Sumerian Housewives" thread was funny, I'm sick of most of the other "Let's Pretend we're..." threads. They're so cutesy and over-earnest. They're mostly witticism pissing contests, and the "Let's Pretend We're..." part makes me think I'm in Romper Room instead of Datalounge.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 401/13/2011

Agreed, R4, though let's exempt the 'let's pretend we're some element or situation that creates Thanksgiving drama' thread -- that one was a DL triumph.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 501/13/2011

I haven't opened an Anderson Cooper thread in years, unless accidentally. I don't care whether he's gay or not. He looks like a pasty amoeba-like creature as he described himself. I don't get the appeal or the interest. I too dislike the Jared and Jensen threads, and the course they all take, although I think they are both attractive guys. I also like their program but don't know why there is such fervor among DLers about them.

I like the Shorpy old picture threads because it brings out some creativity and keen observations, although I rarely post on them. The CBS Sunday Morning Troll posts, though not frequent, are cute. He has a certain joyful, yet snidely knowing, way of writing.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 601/13/2011

Let's keep this thread active until The Hobbit comes out.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 701/13/2011

The fairly recent "Let's pretend we're Portland, Oregon" may be my favorite thread in the history of Datalounge, so it's not yet a thread genre that's fully exhausted.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 801/13/2011

ANYTHING to do with Jake Gylenhaal(sp?)

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 901/13/2011

I love you, R7.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1001/13/2011

Torta, you beat me to it. I also am sick of the guys with holes threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1101/13/2011

Helen Lawson

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1201/13/2011

I see it's that time of the month again -- let's make a list + let's make a thread rehashing old Datalounge threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1301/13/2011

I'm sick of threads that whine about other threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1401/13/2011

Matt Bomer and his kids thread. Two or three trolls that have managed to keep that thread afloat. He's good looking and gay. Deal with it bitches!

Same with Anderson Cooper.

And the ten threads that sarah palin has at any given moment, chronicling her every. move.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1501/13/2011

Any mention of Sarah Palin is beyond annoying and attracts the dumbest posters. The site would be better if people would get banned for mentioning her.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1601/13/2011

Any thread that has "tasteful friends" in the subject line.%0D %0D Ugh.%0D %0D

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1701/13/2011

[quote]And the ten threads that sarah palin has at any given moment, chronicling her every. move.%0D %0D %0D But that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the run-up to the election after McCain picked her. EVERY thread got turned into a Sarah Palin thread -- and that was back when we had a political forum and a gossip forum. All the Palin haters rammed their hatred into all the gossip threads. I totally loathe the bitch but the jackasses who ruined every gossip thread with anti-Palin crap, ruined the place for nearly three months. I complained so loudly, that I got banned for awhile while they continued to jam Pallin at us 24/7 as if we were going to vote for her if they didn't warn us about her.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1801/13/2011

It wouldn't be the same without a Jake Gyllenhaal thread in DL

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 1901/13/2011

the endless "footballers in love" threads, which should be called "the footballers standing next to eachother" threads. Make it stop.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2001/13/2011

"the endless "footballers in love" threads, which should be called "the footballers standing next to eachother" threads. Make it stop."

Those are actually girls who are into football m/m slash..I investigated and check around and that's who are posting in that thread.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2101/13/2011

The Public Sex Troll has been the scourge of DL for years.

How many hundreds of threads has he started over the years on glory holes, dirty bookstores, public restrooms, road stops, saunas, gyms, bathhouses, et cetera ad nauseum?

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2201/13/2011

Threads started by idiots wondering why other websites are down.

Threads started by idiots asking about topics that are common knowledge or could easily by answered with a simple web search or looking it up on wikipedia or imdb.

Threads started by sex addicts asking about or celebrating slutty sexual behavior in public places.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2301/13/2011

The sex-negative, sex-phobic, "sex is icky" trolls who can't stand the thought that someone else might be having fun in a way their delicate hot-house-flower sensibilities don't approve of are the worst.%0D %0D

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2401/14/2011

Any thread featuring a uptight prissy queen complaining about " celebrating slutty sexual behavior in public places".

Go back to the convent Sister Priss.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2501/14/2011

Have fun trolling the parks, whores! Hope you don't get arrested or gay-bashed!

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2601/14/2011

I'm a big fat straight retarded chick and I made a fucking quilt out of my son's underpants.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2701/14/2011

Any threads pretending that prissy or steroid boobed guys are hot

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2801/14/2011

Are chest implants okay R28?

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 2901/14/2011

[quote]Hope you don't get arrested or gay-bashed!%0D %0D Liar.%0D

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3001/14/2011

Reply 26 = 600 pound shut in too ugly to troll the park. Spends his time fashioning miniature replicas of the cast of Glee out of dried cat feces.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3101/14/2011

The "let's present" threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3201/14/2011

R25/31 is on a first-name basis with the nurses at various free clinics in the tri-state area, and has a strain of gonorrhea named after him.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3301/14/2011

[quote]It wouldn't be the same without a Jake Gyllenhaal thread in DL

And it wouldn't be the same without an Anderson Cooper thread in DL either.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3401/14/2011

headbands

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3501/14/2011

There is nothing "sex negative" or prissy about being sick of one troll's tiresome obsession.

BTW, those of us with an active sex life don't need to post fantasies on a gossip board. I'm sure the Public Sex Troll hasn't actually had sex since the mid 1970s.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3601/14/2011

Threads about no-name people but presented as if everyone should know who he or she is.

wHat ever happened to a pic a little backstory?

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3701/14/2011

ALL of the Sarah Palin threads.

ALL of the Real Housewives threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3801/14/2011

Threads I could do without:%0D %0D theater, opera, soaps, being underwhelmed, glory holes, let's present..., Jake, Anderson, Sarah, lesbians, footballers in love, straight sex, politics, medical advice, old people dead or alive that no one cares about anymore%0D %0D Things I wish there were more of:%0D %0D current gossip, blind items, let's pretend, let's trash (city), jealous much troll, homosex troll, recipes, tasteful friends, sex with famous people, dog breeds, fashion, relationship advice, good EST's,

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 3901/14/2011

The underwhelmed threads serve the good purpose of collecting the random thoughts we have. Sometimes you just want to make stupid posts. Better to have them mostly in one thread than spread out. Or so they say.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4001/14/2011

recipes, Valley of the Dolls

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4101/14/2011

I'm sick of topics that don't have a topic. Threads where the OP has a link to an article or youtube video and just says "I Can't Believe This Is Real," "Fucking Hilarious," "What The Hell Were They Thinking," or some shit like that. Why can't you give us a fucking description? I don't want to click on some strange link with no idea what it might be.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4201/14/2011

All the threads about NYC

Give it a rest!

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4301/14/2011

I like theater threads because (a) I'm interested in theater and (b) there seem to be enough DLers who work in professional theater that there is usually some interesting gossip in them.

I would like to see the racist and freeper troll initiated threads ignored and boycotted so that they die quick deaths rather than hanging on and continuing to pollute the site.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4401/14/2011

There are currently 500 threads on DL started with the sole purpose of driving up Huff Poo's page count. Arianna's minions are certainly getting their $18 worth.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4501/14/2011

JARED AND JENSEN FANFRAU WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%0D If I ever either one I will tell them to take their fraus and shove them up their straight married asses. They're ruining my dl experience.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4601/14/2011

I agree with R43.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4701/14/2011

Reality tv shows and "I'm starting to feel so much better about Obama".

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4801/14/2011

"Let's Pretend We're a Piece of Furniture that was Moved Between Seasons, thus Creating a Huge Continuity Error on 'The Golden Girls.'"%0D %0D Ugh.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 4901/14/2011

The "Let's pretend sarah palin is President" thread that is now gathering steam.

The Jake & Taylor thread.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5001/14/2011

I'm with R37.%0D

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5101/14/2011

any thread about celebrity encounters b/c it turns into a little guessing game, even if OP asks you to only dish if you give names. geesh. %0D %0D "i had an encounter with a certain b-list actor while he was starring on a soap. this soap has a name beginning with the letter 't.'%0D he isn't out, but...we water-boarded each other all night long...boy was his wife pissed...his shitzu's name is pork-pie..."

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5201/14/2011

We never talk about MEEEEEE anymore. No one ever asks about who I am or what I mean anymore.

Or maybe nothing is worthy of me.

anymore

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5302/25/2011

Any thread that has the phrase "tasteful friends" in it. Dear god.%0D

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5402/25/2011

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5502/28/2011

The only thing I'm sick of is going to the gossip section and seeing political threads.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5602/28/2011

Up.

by I''m not a grammar troll. I just wanted a reason to pretend to not like it.reply 5702/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.