Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Palin''s expiration date is December 2012

I just figured it out. The Republicans are going to keep her around just long enough to rile up the base for 2012.

No, she won't be the nominee. That is clear. But if its Mittens, they're going to send her out to the deep deep red state areas to turn the vote out for him. She'll do her shrill screeching routine and might even be paid to do so.

After that, she's on her own. After today, its clear she has no ability to rise to any occasion or respectability.

At least I hope we only have another 20 months of this national nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2012

where's the "like" button on this thing?

by Anonymousreply 101/13/2011

[quote]I just figured it out.

Golly gee, Gomer Pyle, aren't you smart!

by Anonymousreply 201/13/2011

Everyone's expiration date is in December 2012.

by Anonymousreply 301/13/2011

I think the question the Repubs are asking themselves is, "Is Sarah Palin more of a liability than an asset?"

by Anonymousreply 401/13/2011

R4, they'll keep her appearances isolated to rallies in Alabama, Mississippi... and all those other places. She won't be on stage at the Republican convention.

by Anonymousreply 501/13/2011

Eat shit, R2. A few weeks ago she was considered a possible contender.

by Anonymousreply 601/13/2011

By whom, R6? Teabaggers?

by Anonymousreply 701/13/2011

[quote]might even be paid to do so.%0D %0D If she isn't a nominee, they will HAVE TO pay that whore to get her to do anything. She never does anything that doesn't put cash in her pocket.

by Anonymousreply 801/13/2011

R7, Barbara Walters used her last interview with President Obama to ask him what he thought of a Palin challenge in 2012. If you don't think the media is drooling over her candidacy, at least up until today, you haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 901/13/2011

Mitt Romney will NEVER get the nomination.

Forget the Mormon thing, he'll never shake RomneyCare

by Anonymousreply 1001/13/2011

R10, trust me, he'll find a way. He's a Mormon, and there is no liar slicker than a Mormon liar. Just wait.

by Anonymousreply 1101/13/2011

OK, R12. Just most of them.

by Anonymousreply 1301/13/2011

OP is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 1401/13/2011

I'll be nominated Sarah Palin to be the Republican party's 2012 nominee for president of the United States. The GOP deserves the best that they have to offer -- and she is it for them.

by Anonymousreply 1501/13/2011

[quote]Let's not label all Mormons as being evil, please.

No, let's do. And their CUNTS to top it off!

by Anonymousreply 1601/13/2011

I think she's too much of a fundamentalist Christian to support a Mormon, & so are her fans.

by Anonymousreply 1701/13/2011

Do fundamentalists even know what a Mormon is? The Mormons put "Jesus Christ" in the title of their Church of Latter Day Saints to throw the fundies off the scent. It might have worked.

by Anonymousreply 1801/13/2011

We knew when I was an active teenage fundie and in college. Mormons were the worst perversion of Christianity by Satan because they used Jesus and Christian language and symbolism to mislead and deceive. Seriously, they were considered much worse than pagans.

by Anonymousreply 1901/13/2011

[quote] they used Jesus and Christian language and symbolism to mislead and deceive.%0D %0D Just like fundy Christians do, LOL.%0D %0D I was wondering about Jewish conservatives and Sarah Palin this weekend. Palin and her fundy ilk have been using the language and symbolism of Christianity to decieve for decades and the media just goes along, painting Palin and other fundies as victims, paying attention to their fake War on Christmas bullshit and their claims of discrimination against Christianity in public schools down south.%0D %0D I wondered how Jewish pundits like David Brooks, Wm Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, who find common cause with these fundies because of the Christian fundy position on Israel, like it when language from the history of Judaism is misappropriated by this fundy lot.%0D %0D I see Jonah Goldberg admitted he didn't like Palin's use of "blood libel," but didn't call her out on all the fake Christian victimization she and other fundies pull.%0D %0D What's bad for the goose should be bad for the gander. She and her fake Christian victims should be called out by everyone for misappropriating the language of religion and race (nobody knows the trouble ole Sarry has seen!) for nefarious purposes.%0D %0D Conservatism is bad for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 2001/13/2011

Palin's negative ratings are too high and too entrenched for her to win the election. However, her support is intense enough for her to get the Republican nomination.

by Anonymousreply 2101/13/2011

Sorry, but I believe she has spoiled over the weekend, long before her expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 2201/13/2011

Even if Obama is not 100% - the Repubs know they have no viable contender to run against him. This will be a throw-away election so they might as well let any of their current freaks run - if for no other reason than to get them out of the way now in preparation for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2301/13/2011

Palin is like Giuliani - high profile, high recognition and engaging personality.%0D %0D When it comes to winning a primary....big zero.

by Anonymousreply 2401/13/2011

Choke on your magic undies, Moroni.

by Anonymousreply 2501/13/2011

She won't campaign for anyone else. Sow Grizzly don't do nothing for nobody but Sow Grizzly!

by Anonymousreply 2601/13/2011

Yeah, per r26, I wouldn't expect SP to be a tool for the repubs. She goes "rogue," remember?

by Anonymousreply 2701/13/2011

Her expiration date will be when she announces that she is not running for president or if she does run and gets trounced during the first round of primaries.

She doesn't give a shit about being president, she is making as much $$$ as she can right now and the "will I or won't I" shtick is what is making her the $$$ now. Without that she's done and the freepers and crazies will move on.

by Anonymousreply 2801/13/2011

The only reason why Palin has been allowed to run amok all this time is that the RNC invested so much in grooming her for the vice presidency in 2008. They figured as long as she had a fan base that voted Republican she was worth the headaches. There are signs that they're now becoming aware that she's never going to be anything but a fuckup and a liability and are keeping their distance from her. But you never know with the Republicans. They're so rigid and doctrinaire that it takes them forever to let go of a losing strategy that used to work for them. Look at how much trouble they're having with letting go of the angry rhetoric. They just can't stop it, even when it's obviously in their best interests.

by Anonymousreply 2901/13/2011

I wssn't aware the Republican party spent any time grooming her. I thought she was shoved on us during the course of a weekend when McCain was told he could not select Dem/Ind. Lieberman as his VP running mate.

by Anonymousreply 3001/13/2011

[quote]I wondered how Jewish pundits like David Brooks, Wm Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, who find common cause with these fundies because of the Christian fundy position on Israel, like it when language from the history of Judaism is misappropriated by this fundy lot.

They find common cause with Palin on a lot more than that. Kristol is the one who created her. He pushed McCain to choose her. Brooks believes in most conservative policies. Krauthammer is a neo-con, but her favors the same muscular foreign policy that the conservatives do on matters other than Israel

by Anonymousreply 3101/13/2011

[quote]Palin's expiration date is December 2012

Yes, that is the target date when we plan to put her down. I imagine the full scope of the news will hit her right between the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3201/13/2011

I guess I won't have anything actually funny to do after December, 2012.

by Anonymousreply 3301/13/2011

The Republicans are distancing themselves from her gently because they cannot risk completely alienating her rabid fanbase. They need those votes. If Palin's devotees believe that the Republican powers-that-be have betrayed their Sarah, they will vote independent or third party in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 3401/13/2011

r5, you sound terribly elitist. Are you from New York City?

by Anonymousreply 3501/13/2011

If the media stops covering her rallies, appearances, books and giving her TV shows, we will know that TPTB have moved away from her.%0D %0D I have no idea why anyone thinks the media is liberal Jewish. The WWII generation of Jews were liberal. My partner is a Jewish Boomer and he is liberal but his entire extended family in the Boomer and younger age group is conservative. They have a stick up their arses about affirmative action as well as about Israel. They think the word "liberal" means "we give everything away to blacks and Palestinians and leave poor white people and Jews with nothing."%0D %0D They're just like every other white ethnic group, for goodness sake. They don't "control the world" or the media. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 3601/13/2011

[quote]She doesn't give a shit about being president.%0D %0D I heartily disagree. She's clearly dumb enough to want to rule the world...

by Anonymousreply 3701/13/2011

All this helps Huckabee - I was hoping Huck and Palin would split the Far Right vote, but if she's out of the picture, he might be just sane-seeming enough to win the nomination over Mittens, and that makes me sad (and scared.)

by Anonymousreply 3801/13/2011

I wonder if the "crazy guy" who shot Giffords knew all this would happen, and if his intention was to derail Palin.

by Anonymousreply 3901/13/2011

"Sorry, but I believe she has spoiled over the weekend, long before her expiration date."%0D %0D Period end of story.%0D %0D However R37 is alos quite correct, which should make it all quite amusing as REAL Republican candidates emerge.

by Anonymousreply 4001/13/2011

Arghh! This be the perfect time to rear my head!

by Anonymousreply 4101/13/2011

"Even if Obama is not 100% - the Repubs know they have no viable contender to run against him."%0D %0D I wish that were true. But Obama cannot win again. Many white people sat out the election because they were certain a black man would get trounced. The looks on their faces the next day was priceless- just stunned and dejected. The whole teabagger thing is a safety valve for their anger. They'll all be out in force come Nov. 2012 to vote for ANYone but Obama. %0D %0D And there's no ACORN anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4201/13/2011

I don't see an expiration date stamped on anyone's foot!

by Anonymousreply 4301/13/2011

r42: Reagan's voter approval ratings at this time in 1983 were 35%. Yesterday Obama's were 48%. Who was re-elected in 1984?%0D %0D Do not--repeat, do not--count Palin out. Do not underestimate the Tea Party. Who would have believed O'Donnell would win the primary in DE? Who would have believed that Angle would have won in NV? Who would have believed that Paladino would have won in NY?%0D %0D Who votes in Republican primaries? The hard core, that's who. Let's say for the sake of the argument that in the IA caucus next year the voter turn out with Republicans is 60% of your registered voters. In a field of 7 or 8 candidates, if Palin gets 30% she could win. This would come to only 18% of the total number of Republicans in the state. %0D %0D Could she get 30% of the vote in a crowded field? Sure. Remember she has visibility, thanks to the media--and look at her opponents. Romney? Zzzz. Pawlenty? Zzzz. Huckabee? He has a chance, and it would not surprise me to see Huckabee and Palin fight it out by mid-March in the southern primaries. Imagine--one fundies trying to outdo the other on the subject of Creation and Jesus.%0D %0D Would the Republicans try and stop Palin? Maybe. And maybe not. Think about it: you are John "I'm getting choked up--I need a double shot of Scotch" Bohner. You are Speaker of House and the most powerful Republican in the country. Why not let Palin lose so that you can hold on to your power?

by Anonymousreply 4401/13/2011

I don't think many people rule her out as the Republican nominee. But most think it would be political suicide for the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 4501/13/2011

I still want to see her run so I can have a front row seat for her crash and burn. I think secretly that a lot of the frontrunners feel the same way. A couple of debates to expose her and she's out of the way for good.

by Anonymousreply 4601/13/2011

I want to see her crash and burn like Lonesome Rhodes in "A Face In the Crowd" was exposed: an live mike or camera catching her dissing her base.

by Anonymousreply 4701/13/2011

That would be so wonderful, R47. I've wished for an end like that to Rush Limbaugh's career.

by Anonymousreply 4801/13/2011

Surprisingly, this post was pretty accurate.

Palin is even persona non grata on Faux News, these days. I guess we can say that she has officially "expired" from the public eye.

Just in time for December 2012. Good call, op!

by Anonymousreply 4911/28/2012

I agree. Let's label them as disturbed freaks.

by Anonymousreply 5011/28/2012

Palin's main problem is that she's past her sell-by date as a sex object.

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.