Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I prefer it over all other new channels. Son quintessentially New York and some how soothing to watch.

Greg Kiernan is almost robotic in his delivery, but he's grown on me. I'm told he has his own website.

(and who can beat "Weather on the 1's"?

by Anonymousreply 6703/25/2013

His name is Pat Kiernan and I don't think he's robotic - I think he has a really, really dry wit and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 101/08/2011

Oh good, more NY-centric posts. Life in NY is so very...fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 201/08/2011

Every morning Pat Kiernan's bare arms hang out of his suit jacket with shiny expandable watch band shining in our faces. Mustn't be able to afford a long-sleeved shirt at $200,000 a year.

by Anonymousreply 301/08/2011

Roma Torre always looks like she's on her period.

Pat Kiernan is from Canada. He's such a moron. One day he was complaining about his terrace. Nice way to let everyone know you're richer than your audience.

by Anonymousreply 401/08/2011

I'm told he's not even breaking even with his site and is considering whether to dismantle it or not.

by Anonymousreply 501/08/2011

Pat Kiernan is the President of my co-op board and lives in the penthouse of our building on the UWS with his wife and 2 small children (under 7).

When he moved in, he bought both penthouses, combined them and renovated them. Then, once he was elected Board President, he insisted the entire building upgrade its electric system (which we as tenants would each have to pay for - an assessment on top of our monthly maintenance charges) so he could have an air conditioner in every room.

Needless to say, he is not popular in the building, and when his term expires this spring, he will not be re-elected. ANYBODY but Pat.

by Anonymousreply 601/08/2011

Susan Jhun, who's married to Tech Guy Adam Balkin, has a sing song delivery and drags out the last word in every sentence. Still there thanks to EEO quotas.

by Anonymousreply 701/08/2011

His site should close down. The same news stories you can find in other multiple places.

by Anonymousreply 801/08/2011

The only thing I really like is the "In the Papers" segment in the morning. %0D %0D Maybe R6 can answer a question I have about Pat. Is that his own hair?%0D

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2011

[quote]Son quintessentially New York and some how soothing to watch.%0D %0D And you New Yorkers make fun of southerners' education. %0D %0D OH MY! OH MY!%0D

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2011

R6, I can't imagine NY1 pays well. It must be a hobby for him. How can he afford his lifestyle?

by Anonymousreply 1101/08/2011

I believe NY1 was transmitted throughout the country in the weeks following 9/11. Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 1201/08/2011

R2, how's the weather in Akron?

by Anonymousreply 1301/08/2011

I have SUCH a crush on Adam Balkin's asymmetrical eyebrows!!!

by Anonymousreply 1401/08/2011

Love NY1.%0D %0D Especially love ON STAGE. Want to do all kinds of nasty, sexual things to Frank Dilella.

by Anonymousreply 1601/08/2011

Frank is a cutie, all right, if not quite enough to make me forget Paul Lombardi. (WEHT?)

by Anonymousreply 1701/08/2011

Twice recently Frank said rih-PRIZING.%0D If anyone here knows Frank ask him to check a dictionary. The preferred pronunciation is rih-PREEZING,from reprise (rih-PREEZ).

by Anonymousreply 1801/10/2011

NY 1 has more screen freezes, pixels and audio drop outs of all stations on their system.

by Anonymousreply 1901/10/2011

I find their theme music so soothing. I also like how they give the guy credits on who composed the music, which I think is rare for a new station.

by Anonymousreply 2001/10/2011

Vest-pocket Lombardi moved out to Los Angeles about 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2101/10/2011

Last I knew NY1 was non-union. Street reporters start around $35,000. They have to carry the camera, set it up, and hope no one runs off with it while they do the stand-up. It's happened more than once.

by Anonymousreply 2201/10/2011

[quote] I can't imagine NY1 pays well. It must be a hobby for him. How can he afford his lifestyle?

Someone told me that their friend works for NY1 and makes a decent salary. I can't imagine it has a ton of overhead.

by Anonymousreply 2301/10/2011

I work in Chelsea Market, where they film, so I see all their anchors walking through the building all the time. Pat is pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 2401/10/2011

r24, NY1 doesn't "film" anything. They use digital recording, which is sometimes referred to as tape. The use of celluloid film is the news business was passe twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2501/10/2011

We'll all know John Schimo's gay, despite his denial.

by Anonymousreply 2601/10/2011

Schiumo's from Great Kills, Staten Island, home of the Down-low guidos... It's always amusing to see the male grooming that goes on during one's ascension at NY1. Schiumo's had it, Balkin, and yet Roger Clark is still disarmingly schlubby, tongue-tied, and all but spits and foams when he talks on camera.

by Anonymousreply 2701/10/2011

So is Schiumo really gay? I think he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 2801/10/2011

Mr. On Stage, Frank Dilella, had an affair with DL fave and open marriage advocate Cheyenne Jackson.

Yeah, that's a real class act theater reporter there.

He's a regular John Gassner.

by Anonymousreply 2901/10/2011

I have cablevision here in Brooklyn. NY1 used to be on channel 1 but recently move to channel 8. Does any one know why? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 3001/10/2011

Interesting, R29. Did Cheyenne's partner find out about it?

by Anonymousreply 3101/10/2011

Yes, that's Pat's real hair.

I don't know what his salary is, but he bought the penthouses just when the building was going co-op about 10 years ago, so he probably got them fairly cheaply.

Personally, I prefer the darker, Italian reporters they have: Rocco Vertucci and Joe Malvasio, and despite the fact that his face looks like he's been in too many boxing matches, the adorable Bobby Cuza.

by Anonymousreply 3201/11/2011

OP writes like she just suffered a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 3301/11/2011

[R2] do you bash all the personal stories that are more "local" than any New York story?

All the stories about crimes, weather, and other posts about life outside of New York?

Since when is DL only for posts that everyone can relate to geographically?

You do know how to skip these New York posts don't you?

Oh no, you don't.

by Anonymousreply 3401/11/2011

Bashing DL NY'ers is the lifelood of the flyovers.

by Anonymousreply 3501/11/2011

R17 and R21 - Paul Lombardi moved back and is now selling real estate.

by Anonymousreply 3601/11/2011

by Anonymousreply 3701/11/2011

r30, you're lucky having NY1 and News12. In Manhattan we're stuck with NY 1. They're lousy when it comes to "Breaking News." It takes them three hours to cover an important event.

by Anonymousreply 3801/11/2011

R30, it is rumored that Cablevision will be using channel 1 for its new remote storage DVR service.

R38, I think NY1 is way ahead of Bronx/Brooklyn News 12 when it comes to breaking news. Of course, News 12 does cover some stories that NY1 and the other local news outlets do not.

by Anonymousreply 3901/11/2011

Besides DiLello, is anyone at NY1 gay - and OUT?%0D %0D Is Bobby Cuza gay?

by Anonymousreply 4001/11/2011

I always thought Pat was cute. But when he dressed as Gomez Addams for the Halloween Parade coverage, he looked kinda hot. The dark slicked-back hair made his blue eyes pop. I wish I could find a decent screen capture.

by Anonymousreply 4101/11/2011

THE HOTTEST reporter on NY1 is Mark Kottler. Loves me that little Jew boy.

by Anonymousreply 4201/11/2011

At r36s Halstead link, it mentions that Paul Lombari is a tutor at Covenant House. His specialty must be must be teaching kids to develop a gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 4301/11/2011

From 2005 New York Magazine: Pat Kiernan, %0D $200,000, Anchor, NY1. Chuck Scarborough, $3 million, Sue Simmons $2.5 million. Must've all had raises over the last five years. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4401/11/2011

I've a huge crush on Roger Clark- a definite Irish bear. Anyone know anything of his personal life?

by Anonymousreply 4501/11/2011

Well, Herb, if he is indeed from Staten Island, he's about two beers away from a Kinsey 6...

by Anonymousreply 4601/11/2011

I thought Roger Clark was from Queens. Recall something about losing weight for his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4701/11/2011

R2 here - it sure is easy to get you defensive NY bitches in a tizzy - and you immediately lead with "you're in a flyover state." Face it, it is a vile, dirty city full of self-important, manic assholes who don't know how to relax. Good luck with that snow tonight bitches.

Oh and by the way, I live on Maui.

by Anonymousreply 4801/11/2011

"Is Bobby Cuza gay?"

No. He posts quite a bit on Craigslist looking for women. He likes to smoke pot and have sex with women.

by Anonymousreply 4901/11/2011

Cuza has a terrible lateral emission, like former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

by Anonymousreply 5001/13/2011

Any truth to the rumor that Pat Kiernan is a crossdresser?

by Anonymousreply 5101/13/2011

Doesn't Pat Kiernan also work for a financial network as well. I seem to remember reading a profile that said he rushed out of NY1 to an afternoon show on another network

by Anonymousreply 5201/13/2011

When Pat makes only $200,000+ the poor bo definitely needs a part-time job. He should head back home and work for CBC.

by Anonymousreply 5301/13/2011

Roger Clark lives in Astoria.

I see him at the Steinway Street station all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5401/14/2011

Frank DiLella's brother is much cuter

by Anonymousreply 5501/14/2011

More about Cheyenne and Frank's affair, please. Who on earth was the top in that pairing??

by Anonymousreply 5601/14/2011

R48 is a fat poi eater.

by Anonymousreply 5701/14/2011

from a fan facebook page: Born in the Bronx and raised in Queens and Staten Island, Roger took an extended leave from his hometown in the 1990s to work at a series of radio and TV stations in towns like Oneonta, Newburgh, White Plains and Poughkeepsie.

I'm a regular 'enry 'iggins and can spot a Sta-en Oil-lin accent a mile away...

by Anonymousreply 5801/14/2011

Paul Lombardi is back on TV here in NYC!! He's hosting PBS pledge breaks on WLIW Channel 21. He interviewed Elaine Stritch on a pledge break for a PBS Oscar Hammerstein documentary. And yes, he is still hot!

by Anonymousreply 5903/23/2013

The sight of Roger Clark on the screen, makes me reach for the remote so fast, I think I broke the sound barrier. Is he brain damaged, dropped on his head at birth? Looks like he smells mildewy.

Also hate the blond on weekend mornings too. Voice like nails on a blackboard.

Love, love, Weather on the 1s and In the Papers,

by Anonymousreply 6003/23/2013

r60 the blonde (note correct spelling for a female) is Kristen Shaughnessy.

by Anonymousreply 6103/23/2013

I've worked on a feature film crew twice at NY1 and twice Pat Kiernan has wandered over to our craft services table several times to eat our food. We wanted to walk up to him and say, "Dude, don't you make a decent living? Enough with the mooching."

by Anonymousreply 6203/23/2013

Pat sold his UWS apt and moved to a shitty looking house in brooklyn.

NY1 is known to be cheap, the cheapest in NY, in terms of pay, but many reporters start out there and move on to other networks.

The one person i absolutely can't stand is Lewis Dodley. He sounds like he's mumbling and can't pronounce the words properly, i switch channels the second he's on.

I love "in the papers" as well and also "the call" at night. John Shumo (don't know how he spells it) just had a baby boy. John also teaches at a local college if i remember correct from reading his bio a while back.

by Anonymousreply 6303/24/2013

Who cares that orange and blue are the city's official colors, they're drab compared to other stations and Cablevision's News 12.

by Anonymousreply 6403/24/2013

r63, I also like "In the Papers" and "The Call," though it's best when staffers fill-in for Schiumo. Maria, a face for radio, should stick to her weekday DJ job. "Road to City Hall" is good, especially on Wednesday when Herson Barrero (sp?) and Curtis Sliwa debate ten subjects in ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 6503/24/2013

Did John Schiumo give the name of his son? His father was John. Father died a month before John got married in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 6603/25/2013

John Schiumo is the best Call person around. He's calm, reassuring, smart, and has a good sense of humor. He knows exactly how to get rid of a nuisance caller without being rude. Maria, on the other hand, is frenzied and comes across as mean and impatient. She's kinda scary. It's a tough hosting job, but give John props for being first-rate.

by Anonymousreply 6703/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!