Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Update On The "Girls Will Be Girls" Sequel!!!

Hello from Evie!

Jack Plotnick here : )

Well, I%E2%80%99m thrilled that this is actually going to happen. I truly thought there was no WAY we%E2%80%99d be able to afford to do a %E2%80%9CGirls%E2%80%9D sequel. Thanks again to everyone who donated!!!

So, I woke up at 5 am yesterday with my mind racing! All of a sudden I realized, %E2%80%9CHoly shit! If this is really happening%E2%80%A6we gotta MAKE it happen!%E2%80%9D

There is NO crew. And no budget for one. No one is building the sets. No one is buying my costumes. No one is keeping Richard sober (kidding). I gotta do all that! Memories of the first %E2%80%9CGirls%E2%80%9D shoot were flooding my brain.

-Tying wood panels that are larger than my car to the roof of my car. Sure that at any second they would fly off and kill the drivers behind me.

-Living with nothing but a single chair in my apartment, because all my furniture had become set dressing.

-Throwing out my back AND breaking my finger while lifting furniture out of a truck%E2%80%A6 three days before we began shooting!

%E2%80%A6Oh god, am I ready for this again?

Sure%E2%80%A6why the hell not? Ha!

Richard has wisely decided to NOT destroy his house this go around and I concur. That means we won%E2%80%99t be painting any of his walls. But, he wants this movie to be as colorful as the first. %E2%80%A6Curtains and set dressing will have to provide the pizzazz.

Michael Warwick and I went downtown and scoured the fabric stores for just the right material to make all the curtains%E2%80%A6at $3 or less a yard! If we went over budget, it would be taken out of something else, and Varla might not get fed her daily 2 tons of krill.

It was exhausting but exciting, like a treasure hunt, and in the end I LOVED what we found. (And we were only yelled at by one shopkeeper, %E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99ve already brought it down from $5! Take it at $3 or GET OUT!%E2%80%9D)

As far as set dressing goes%E2%80%A6that%E2%80%99s where maybe YOU come in, Dear Reader.

If you have some fun stuff that you think would fit into Evie%E2%80%99s home, and you care to share it with us for a few days, we would be eternally grateful!

We are looking for anything kitschy, over the top, perhaps dated from the 60%E2%80%99s-80%E2%80%99s. Anything! Whether it be a vase, telephone, sculptor, pillow, piece of furniture or ashtray. The accent colors we are working with are red, turquoise, pink, white, purple, silver, metallic, lucite%E2%80%A6or we%E2%80%99ll take anything fun!

We are also in need of 5 or 6 dining room chairs that would match the colors of a sunset (wood, yellow, orange, purple etc.) If you have something and are open to us borrowing it for a few days please contact me at my email address: info @

Also, we are looking for people who might want to work on the set as%E2%80%A6well%E2%80%A6anything! PA, set dresser, boom operator%E2%80%A6fluffer. Tee hee. If you have any interest to help out on the set, even just for a day, PLEASE contact me. If you%E2%80%99re there for more than a day, I%E2%80%99m sure you would get a credit in the movie. Cool, huh! The shoot dates are tentatively Jan 31st- Feb 21st.

Well, my next thing to tackle is Evie%E2%80%99s wardrobe. If you see me at your local used clothing store, do me a favor and ZIP ME UP!

xo Jack

by Anonymousreply 1212/31/2013

And Varla's first starring movie, Varla Jean and the Mushroom Heads, is now in post-production. Love the description:

[quote]Varla Jean assembles a cast for an ill-conceived and inappropriate children's show to be aired on a local New Orleans television network.

by Anonymousreply 101/07/2011

So what's the status on this project?

by Anonymousreply 202/23/2013

Last I heard they were shooting for 2012 but it got pushed back to 2013. They were filming last year though, they just didn't finish it.

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

The reveal of the guys penis nearly killed me in the first one.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

The tiny dick stuff was mean-spirited. It appeals to people who really do think men with small penises are worthless and deserve humiliation and abuse. It reminds me of one of the Scary Movie parodies where one of the characters has a very small penis and says that it's like a birth defect or disability, and people don't think it's ok to be cruel about that. The statement is treated like a joke, when in fact it's perfectly correct.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

R5 = Idiot.

Considering that the Girls film and video skewer everyone and everything, it seems that small-penised persons can take it with the rest of us.

We're sorry about YOUR small penis, R5, but you really need to get over it without acting like such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

Can you watch this online somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

The film has been done for ages. All those people who payed for this film to be made via Kickstarter should file a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

I'm really looking forward to both films.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

It's just a statement of fact, r6. It's mean-spirited and appeals to people who are mean-spirited, as your post perfectly illustrates. I like the movie, but it's very uneven, much like Sordid Lives.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

Anyone have an update on this project? Coco's new holiday video has me interested. Evie?

by Anonymousreply 1212/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!