Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tabith''s Salon Takeover: Provincetown!

(Apologies in advance if the thread already exists. According to the search function, the words "Tabitha" and "Provincetown" are not used anywhere on Datalounge. Yeah, right).

I've often walked by the West End Salon in Ptown...had my hair cut there five or six years ago, but in the last few years, have gone to the Jonathan Williams Salon, which I like better.

Dougie the owner is a hot mess, but he's a Ptown original. I think he doesn't really want to change...and Tabitha understands that. She treated them with her usual vigor, but she really seemed to feel for Dougie.

Anyone know if the salon's likely to keep on?

by Anonymousreply 10707/02/2013

When was Tabitha in Provincetown? When did this show air?

by Anonymousreply 101/03/2011

Thanks, R3.

by Anonymousreply 401/03/2011

I think his boyfriend's health situation really got to her.

by Anonymousreply 501/03/2011

It's Tabatha, with three As.

by Anonymousreply 601/04/2011

Robbie was a piece of work. The only redeeming feature about him was at the end he seemed to have a full chest of hair coming out of that shirt.

by Anonymousreply 701/04/2011

I remember the owners boyfriend from 20 years ago. Raging alcoholic. Looks like wet brain syndrome has finally claimed him.

by Anonymousreply 801/04/2011

Sounds hot, r7.

by Anonymousreply 901/04/2011

That owner is an idiot. It was all about himself. He didn't give a shit about the clients and he deserves every misery his broke ass gets.

by Anonymousreply 1001/04/2011

I visit friends who live in P'town. I go twice a year. They always take me to The Mews at least once per visit. It is always full of locals. There is no way Tabatha took all those salon workers to The Mews and they did not know that all those actors didn't work there. No fucking way. That was so fake.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2011

A reality television show FAKED a situation? I'm shocked!

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2011

Didn't it seem like Dougie was far less into his husband than his husband was into him? The husband was always staring at Dougie with such loving eyes, and Dougie just seemed like he wanted to run away at the first opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2011

R14: I agree that Dougie was not really into the boyfriend.%0D %0D While I realize it was filmed over the summer, that crew is gross looking. I could smell Dougie right through my tv screen. The place looked gross after the renovation.

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2011

I saw a commercial. all I know is that one dude was wearing a FULL FACE.

by Anonymousreply 1701/04/2011

Was the person with the long hair covered in henna a man or a woman? %0D %0D Who was paying for all the spray tan that the annoying guy was using? %0D %0D So I guess Dougie is still buried in debt. On top of it, he has a sick husband to care for. Jeez, what a basketcase.

by Anonymousreply 1901/04/2011

No one here knows the guy that R16 and I mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 2001/04/2011

"Anyone think the owner (Dougie?) is on something?"%0D %0D I don't know, R18, but he was sweating like a whore in church.

by Anonymousreply 2101/04/2011

Dougie was surprised when Tabatha brought him to the beach to get married or so he said. And yet, Tabatha said "You each wrote a letter to the other to read at the ceremony". hmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 2201/04/2011

She had previously asked them to write a love letter to each other.

by Anonymousreply 2301/04/2011

Can she take out a marriage license without both parties agreeing in writing to do so?

by Anonymousreply 2401/04/2011

[quote]Can she take out a marriage license without both parties agreeing in writing to do so?

It's a gay wedding, Silly, they don't count.

by Anonymousreply 2501/04/2011

r25 Provincetown is in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has legalize gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2601/04/2011

R26, so --marriage license without both parties agreeing in writing to do so--can happen in Mass?

by Anonymousreply 2701/04/2011

I have know the owner for several years as a client, R10. He is not an idiot. He is a very talented stylist. He is extremely modest, generous, and is always looking for new ways to make his clients satisfied and comfortable.%0D %0D I'm glad that Tabatha was able to give him a boost of confidence. He has never given himself enough credit.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2801/04/2011

no r27 you cannot. gay or straight you both must go to your town or city hall.

A Realty Show playing loose and fast with the fact isn't new.

by Anonymousreply 2901/04/2011

[quote]He is extremely modest, generous, and is always looking for new ways to make his clients satisfied and comfortable.

Having them dance on a stripper pole? Horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 3101/05/2011

This was a weird ep, bc she didn't really do anything to change the salon, and it had almost none of the show's usual devices (including her ballbusting personality) -- it was more like a documentary about a salon than a regular ep of this show.

by Anonymousreply 3201/05/2011

I agree with you about the Search? functionality. I just tried to do several searches and returned invalid results or nada. I had to search on Google to retrieve the threads. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2011

I'm so tired of the beige life heterosexuals try to force on everyone. Dougie's salon is fun and unique. I think the show did a good job of cleaning up the salon without taking away the fun and unique style. I didn't like how they tried to standardize the behavior of the stylists to every other salon instead of working with the unique flavor.%0D %0D Dougie was not interested in his long-time boyfriend. When you take care of someone that long resentment builds. I think Dougie stays at the salon to avoid his boyfriend.%0D %0D I thought Robbie was really cute. The super effeminate voice did get annoying sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2011

Tabatha ain't no heterosexual, r34 -- or did you not hear her own joke about the closet?

by Anonymousreply 3501/05/2011

The episode made gay life and P-Town as a whole look trashy, dysfunctional, and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 3601/05/2011

R35 I didn't know Tabatha is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2011

I think she said something like "I haven't been in a closet for a very long time".

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2011

Tabitha has commented in interviews about being a lesbian. She also talked about it on Andy Cohen's public access show last year.

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2011

She mentions her girlfriend at the end of this interview:

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2011

That Salon was a train wreck. There is such a thing as being "unique" without being filthy and low rent. The owner needs to bury his alcoholic boy friend in the dunes. ...head first.

by Anonymousreply 4101/06/2011

Jesus R41 that is fucked up thing to say. The boyfriend was sweet. THey have been together for 30 years! %0D %0D Sasha is GORGEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 4201/06/2011

I'm so sorry Reply 42. You are right, that was harsh. What I meant to write was... feet first.

by Anonymousreply 4301/07/2011

Is Robbie a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 4401/08/2011

R8%0D %0D What's wet brain syndrome ?%0D %0D I've heard of cirrosis(sp?) as a complication from alcoholism but I've never heard of this.

by Anonymousreply 4501/09/2011

[r44]%0D %0D %0D I'd go with.... Bossy Bottom!

by Anonymousreply 4601/09/2011

Did anyone notice Ryan Landry in the very beginning when they were showing the town and the salon. He had glasses on and his hair was parted down the middle. he said something about it being the best salon in town.

by Anonymousreply 4701/10/2011

r47, I didn't see that. I love Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 4801/10/2011

pic of Tabitha's gf?

by Anonymousreply 4901/10/2011

[quote]Dougie was not interested in his long-time boyfriend. When you take care of someone that long resentment builds. I think Dougie stays at the salon to avoid his boyfriend.%0D %0D My feelings exactly. And I do not blame him.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5001/10/2011

That's very sad, though... I wonder if the BF is capable of taking care of himself to some extent? And if Dougie resents him so much, why doesn't he just leave him?

by Anonymousreply 5101/10/2011

I like the program where the haircutter owed like two thousand to the owners and kept insisting she would pay up over time. After Tabith's makoever, she was overheard still trashing the place. The owners voted to fire her and she went elsewhere. Later, she contacted an owner and still intends to pay up. I do not think they are holding their breath and she deserved to go.

by Anonymousreply 5201/10/2011

she is the south end tonight

by Anonymousreply 5301/10/2011

boston salon episode was great!

by Anonymousreply 5401/11/2011

She's not attractive but she's so mean, she's sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5501/11/2011

A vixen who knows her stuff

by Anonymousreply 5601/11/2011

She comes off like a domme, especially wearing all black and those spike heels all the damned time.%0D %0D %0D I'd let her fuck me (and top me as well!).

by Anonymousreply 5701/11/2011

Ryan Landry is still alive????

by Anonymousreply 5801/12/2011

For the person who asked what wet brain is: you basically drink so much for so long that you damage your brain, usually permanently. I knew a couple of people with this problem. One had gotten sober (at least supposedly) but he still seemed "off" and slow witted. They both had a certain look of bloating throughout their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 5901/12/2011

it looked to me like dougie's bf may have had a stroke or some muscular disease. they have been together 30 years. most people just wouldn't dump their life partner b/c he got sick. at least i hope so. the little painted girl (was her name nicki?) was adorable. bravo keeps reeling me in...first RHOA, then RHOBH, now tabatha. damn you andy cohen. damn you.%0D %0D yes, i do realize this is all contrived and fake, but still i feel the siren's call...

by Anonymousreply 6001/12/2011

Sorry but this bunch seemed like they came from Ringling Bros. And Barnum & Bailey Circus freak show. That guy who had the tanning addiction, I just wanted to smack him. I couldn't stand his eyeliner, yuck! He seemed creepy to me. That short person who was had the painted body, what gender what that person? Yikes! This salon grossed me out!

However, that blond haired guy with the buzz hair cut who said nothing look like a hottie, and the guy who is tall and who had very short hair who also didn't say anything is a hottie.

If Dougie has resentment that his boyfriend is in a bad physical condition, tough! He sounds like a complete selfish jerk! If this is the case, then the guy has no idea what love and commitment is. For better for worse, through sickness and health.

by Anonymousreply 6101/12/2011

Great episode. I'd like to watch that crew every week. They should lose the fat manager, and focus more on the straight looking guy with black hair, or the big lipped dude.

by Anonymousreply 6201/12/2011

Who is Tabitha's gf?

by Anonymousreply 6401/12/2011

" Ryan Landry is still alive????

by Anonymousreply 6501/12/2011

Ryan Landry is alive and well, packing em in at the Ramrod all winter and in P'town all summer and taking legit acting gigs around New England. Just saw him be remarkably effective in a two-person adaptation of Turn of the Screw at The Stoneham Theater.

by Anonymousreply 6601/12/2011

After reading this post I was snowed in today and watched the show today (probably a rerun) and I have to wonder about the integrity of TAbAthA's long-term relationship.

The show I watched was a salon in South Beach with a really hot, really young owner. There was a party girl that worked there that TAbAthA totally seemed to take a liking to. She even promised that if the hairdresser would behave until she came back she would take her shopping. The end of the show was about the two of them shopping together ($3K worth - more than they probably spend producing an episode!) and TAbAthA looking smitten the whole time.

Just sayin' that if I was her long-term relationship I would have been pissed!!

by Anonymousreply 6701/12/2011

Tabitha's reward shopping is my favorite part of the show. How nice to give something unexpected to someone who improves and helps the business?

by Anonymousreply 6801/12/2011

r67, your annoying post was made just a little bit more annoying by the fact you got the amount of the shoping spree wrong -- it was $2,000., not $3,000.

by Anonymousreply 6901/12/2011

Also, wasn't the episode R67 mentions in Boston? I do admit that it seemed like Tabatha was developing a crush on Janida, though... I wonder what Tabatha's partner and relationship is like.

by Anonymousreply 7001/12/2011

" Ryan Landry is still alive????

by Anonymousreply 7101/12/2011

That was very strange that Tabitha took that girl shopping. She never took anyone else shopping like that before. You noticed that girl was sort of flirting with Tabitha a bit? That girl was talking to her friend how Tabitha was so hot in her clothes, hum?

by Anonymousreply 7201/13/2011

I think Dougie's quite a fool - to show the before with all the dirt and the double dipped wax prep stuff and then the after when he pretty much admits he hasn't made the changes, he likes it the way it is, who would willingly go there? Especially when you're dealing with your hair or body, you want to make sure the place is professional and that you'll come out looking better. That places doesn't seem reassuring.

by Anonymousreply 7301/13/2011

[quote]That was very strange that Tabitha took that girl shopping. She never took anyone else shopping like that before. You noticed that girl was sort of flirting with Tabitha a bit? That girl was talking to her friend how Tabitha was so hot in her clothes, hum?

Not to mention they went to a boutique called FCUK.

by Anonymousreply 7401/13/2011

Tabith's face reminds me of one of those hairless egyptian cats. Im sure if you stroked her back she would purrrrrrrr

by Anonymousreply 7501/13/2011

The Provincetown episode is coming up at 2PM!

by Anonymousreply 7601/13/2011

She'd be a fabulous Bond girl.

by Anonymousreply 7701/13/2011

God, I just want to slap Robbie so hard his spray-tan flies off.

by Anonymousreply 7801/13/2011

tabatha said there was a three month wait list to see her. i wonder if it is actually her or just her salon? has anyone been to her salon? do they give you a beverage? pamper you? how much for a basic wash/cut/blowout? i want tabatha to cut my hair!

by Anonymousreply 7901/13/2011

will tabatha cut/blowout my pubes?

by Anonymousreply 8001/13/2011

[quote]That guy who had the tanning addiction, I just wanted to smack him. I couldn't stand his eyeliner, yuck! He seemed creepy to me. That short person who was had the painted body, what gender what that person? Yikes! This salon grossed me out!

You're not gay, are you, R61?

by Anonymousreply 8101/13/2011

the little painted t-girl was nicki (sp?). she was really cute in her street clothes. her eye make-up & hair were lovely, and i loved the little flirty top she wore in one scene. she was a-DOOOR-able.

by Anonymousreply 8201/13/2011

Her is your answer R81, are you?

by Anonymousreply 8301/14/2011

More about tabs 3month wait. I think her salon is in Jersey

by Anonymousreply 8401/14/2011

RE: She'd be a fabulous Bond girl.%0D %0D %0D Great observation, R77.%0D %0D I think the reward shopping was just that.%0D No intention to pick up the girl.%0D %0D Tab's did not expect her to shape up like she did nor be such a good haircutter / stylist.%0D %0D %0D I liked the Boston Episode

by Anonymousreply 8501/14/2011

She owns Industrie Hair Gurus in Ridgewood, NJ (which is a wealthy suburban area).

by Anonymousreply 8601/15/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 8701/15/2011

tabatha's NJ salon:

by Anonymousreply 8801/16/2011

I'm pretty sure the show was filmed in 2009. When I was there in January 2010 they were talking about it. Every one of them told me that Tabatha was a bitch.

The salon is still pretty dumpy; at least downstairs. The only decorating change Tabatha made was to paint all the molding blue.

I think Robbie is gone - he told me in Jan 2010 that he was going with his sister to Brazil, I think. In any case, I didn't see him this past summer. He was not as insufferable in real life, though he is excitable and tan. Those blue eyes are stunning and not contacts as far as I could see. He had a killer body and though he was a bit out there, he was very nice to me and I am old. Definitely a flamer, but very comfortable in his skin.

Charlene is a sweetheart.

The front desk is still whacked.

There are much better salons to go to, and the difference in price is not all that much. I think most people go to the West End Spa just for the actors and the stage.

by Anonymousreply 8901/17/2011

I'd want to hang out with Tabatha over most of those people, R89. I think her bitchiness in that episode was probably provoked; she seems pleasant whenever the salon makes a palpable, more permanent change.

by Anonymousreply 9001/17/2011

I don't think she is as bitchy as she is at telling a harsh truth. Why do women get called a bitch whenever they aren't all sugar and sweetness? No one would blink twice if a man called it like it was.

Being a bitch would be calling someone fat, or, whatever...she just calls people out on their sh*t.

I saw Tabatha in Provincetown over the summer, so, I assumed that was when she shot the episode in question.

I don't understand owners that must beg to have her come in and fix their mess refuse to actually listen to her advice. She obviously knows what she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 9101/17/2011

A little off topic but did you all see that Chef Robert Irvine is doing something like what Tabatha is doing? Except with restaurants.

It looks like he shows up and cleans house, from top to bottom.

He closes the place and fixes it up, gets a new menu, everything for the tired owners.

by Anonymousreply 9201/17/2011

R91

You're absolutely right about sloppy use of the term "bitch". I was quoting what they said but I should have made the same comment you did about it being sexist.

I suspect they had Tabatha in as a lark or as free advertising. If you go into that "spa", any sentient being could make a list of must-do changes in 10 minutes or less. The place doesn't look any different or operate any differently. Downstairs, in particular, is a sloppy mess. And it wouldn't take a "re-do"; all it needs is someone to clean it up and make a few storage changes.

As I said, they aren't significantly cheaper than any of the other "spas" in town; they either like it just the way it is - they think it is "edgy" - and manage to still make money, or they have a loyal clientele that just about keeps it afloat. They are all actors on a stage in their own production.

Other than what they claimed, none of us really know whether they are raking in the money, or on the brink of bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 9301/17/2011

r89 - they shot it this past summer.

by Anonymousreply 9401/17/2011

Smart lady + some hot guy salon men.

by Anonymousreply 9501/17/2011

The guy with the buzz cut was the massage therapist. His name was Daniel. I had an amazing massage by him in the summer before the show filmed. I heard he has quit. It's a shame, he was the only good thing that place had going for them. Any idea how to find him??

by Anonymousreply 9601/18/2011

No good stories about Robbie or the hot message guy?? Shame....

by Anonymousreply 9701/21/2011

I knew nothing about this salon until this show, except I do know that I hated walking by it when walking down Commercial Street. The stupid bubble machine, and the tackiness of it all. The fact that their best stylist has left, but their worst stylist has yet to be fired is a sure sign that there will always be problems with this place. I'll have to disagree with Ryan Landry about this place. It's tragic, really.

by Anonymousreply 9801/22/2011

I opened the door for Tabatha yesterday going into the E! offices. I said "hi, Tabatha!" She smiled and thanked me. Very gracious and fierce in her black stiletto-heel boots. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 9901/22/2011

Why is Tabatha at E???

by Anonymousreply 10001/22/2011

These reviews are much more positive than I would have expected after seeing the place on TST.

by Anonymousreply 10101/22/2011

prrrrrrrrrr fect!

by Anonymousreply 10201/22/2011

R77 you are dead on. She would be the ultimate Bond villian or associate. You need to start a petition.

by Anonymousreply 10301/25/2011

PLEASE JUST MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY!!!!!!! Last chance to fame and he fucked it up again. Now we all can concentrate on what's really important. The PLANET on which we live! Hello people!

by Anonymousreply 10403/16/2011

I just watched this today up here in Canada and although he is not to everyone's taste I am in love with the manager, John I think his name is. He is just adorable!

by Anonymousreply 10505/01/2011

Get a grip people .. This is TV. The shop shuts down for an entire week; fills with cameras, hot lights, directors, producers. No actual clients. They pick and choose which employees they want there. Every situation is controlled and contrived; they decide a story line and fit everything nearly in.. The shop chosen has little control how they are portrayed .. Dont base your opinion of any hair salon on what you see in this or any "reality" program.

by Anonymousreply 10601/15/2012

The West End Salon, The Place to go for Cutting Edge Beauty Treatments, Massage, Henna Tattoos and Kick Ass Haircuts and Color. Check Out The Autographs of The Celebrity Clients. The Service Went From Good to Great Thanks To Tabatha and The 80 Hours She Spent With Me.I Have Talent in My Hands and Lots of Love in My Heart. If its a Trim or A Dramatic Makeover, I'm Your Guy! A Big Thankx To BRAVO and NBC for The Experiance of A Lifetime.........

by Anonymousreply 10707/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.