Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

HOLLYWOOD ACTORS--who is the nastiest person acting in Hollywood?

Inspired by the Broadway Actors thread. We all know about Christian Bale screaming at his mother and sister and the tech guy. We all know about Russell Crowe beating guys up in bars and threatening to beat up the head of BAFTA for not letting him finish his poem on live TV. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 36203/10/2015

Anyone know how or where the Kirk Douglas rumour originated? I'd love the dish! TIA

by Anonymousreply 301/01/2011

Reese Witherspoon THREAD CLOSED!

by Anonymousreply 1001/02/2011

Maggie Gyllenhaal--unless, of course, you're someone she can use.

by Anonymousreply 1101/02/2011

[quote]Julia Roberts is a known bitch%0D %0D Julia's brother is by far worst. He sounds like a bonafine sadistic psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 1301/02/2011

Both Maggie and that creep husband of hers are total assholes and incredibly difficult to work with. Liam Neeson hated Saarsgard when they did KINSEY together. Barely spoke offscreen because Peter's a douchebag to everybody.

by Anonymousreply 1501/02/2011

I heard firsthand stories about M. Gyllenhaal from two different people who worked with her. She's awful to work with.

by Anonymousreply 1601/02/2011

With that fugly face Maggie G. should be lucky she's found work at all. She and her nose-jobbed brother, Jake, wouldn't be working at all if weren't for nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 1701/02/2011

Meryl Streep is reputed to be nice and kind to her crew, but it always feels forced and unnatural, much like her acting.

by Anonymousreply 1801/02/2011

R13, don't you mean bonified?

by Anonymousreply 2101/02/2011

Faye Dunaway. Someone once posted a rant she spewed on her managers answering machine. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 2201/02/2011

I'd say Mel Gibson is the obvious candidate, OP. Although he isn't acting much these days.

by Anonymousreply 2301/02/2011

[quote]plus the fact that you left her hysterical with vaginal lacerations... From his chin?

by Anonymousreply 2401/02/2011

Can't believe no one's mentioned Charlie Sheen yet.

The people who say Maggie Gyllenhaal, any specific gossip?

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2011

Jake Gyllenhaal threw a hissy-fit when they wouldn't kick another guest out of a Toronto hotel room, during the Film Fesitval, so Jake could have his favorite room. They offered him another room, but Jake still got pissed off because he thought he was so famous and important.

by Anonymousreply 2701/02/2011

The Twilight chick just seems brutally insecure about herself.%0D %0D I dont see animus.

by Anonymousreply 2801/02/2011

If true, R27, then that act outed him more than any Toothy Tile rumor or a hundred thousand US Weekly staged photo ops of him with his barbe du jour could ever do. That just screams "pissy difficult queen".

by Anonymousreply 2901/02/2011

If his parents weren't rich and important in show biz, Jake wouldn't have had that nose job and could be selling shoes at Nordstrom's now.%0D %0D Doesn't he realize he only got where he is because of nepotism and show a little humility and appreciation?%0D %0D He's a dime a dozen. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 3001/02/2011

Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston managed to outbitch Reese Witherspoon. They were allegedly hated by everyone working on "Friends"

by Anonymousreply 3201/02/2011

R26, Entertainment Lawyer revealed in 2009 that this blind item was about Maggie G:

"I was going to call this a jackass post, but in reality it is just typical celebrity behavior and so although jackass-ish, probably not full on qualifying for it. You decide. This movie actress is B list for sure. All of you know who she is. Mainstream popcorn movie leads and art house leads as well. I would say our married mother has A list name recognition. Anyway, our actress bought a hat. Not some cheap Avril Lavigne looking trucker hat, but a hat which actually costs money. Serious money. I think we should all be shocked that she actually paid for the hat in the first place. Well, for three months straight she wore that hat everywhere she went. Then after three months she went to the store and told them she didn't like it and wanted a full refund of her money. This was even though it had makeup on it, had her hair plastered in it and was obviously well worn. Even though the designer of the hats would have loved her endorsement he told her to take a hike. Nice."

(The designer is Santino Fonzarelli)

by Anonymousreply 3401/04/2011

Details, R37?

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2011

I've worked in TV for a long time, so I must have a high threshold for crazy. (I've been screamed at by the best.) But honestly, I didn't have a problem with Faye's message. No, she didn't sugarcoat anything. But it's her career and her image. She's paying these people to promote her, and she has the right to assert her opinions.

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2011

[quote]She seemed like a somnambulis in the two Twilight films I saw. The girl acts as if she's severely anemic, to tired to utter too much.%0D %0D I've never seen her Twilight movies but she was pretty good in the Runaways. My son was watching a movie one day called Vampires Suck, which sucked, but it was a take off on the Twilight series and the actress playing the Kristen Stewart role was the same way and my son laughed and said she had it down straight. Teen angst and long, smoldering gazes, but no sex, and mumbled lines.

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2011

[quote]Zucker/Ovitz rule apply.

What does this mean, R31? That Pettyfer is even worse than Zucker and Ovitz?

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2011

She's hardly an actor any more, but I was around Whitney Houston during the "Bodyguard" days and could not believe one person could be so rude and nasty -- like mentally ill nasty.

by Anonymousreply 4701/05/2011

Though Mel Gibson is CLEARLY bipolar, he isn't nasty on set. I know a few people who have worked with him/for him on movies and they've all said he is down to earth, doesn't jump to the head of the lunch line and makes a point of remembering everyone's name.

Jennifer Anniston is loved. Not a bitch at all. This I know 1st hand.

I've heard nasty things about Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and basically the whole cast of Gossip Girl.

by Anonymousreply 4801/05/2011

[quote]basically the whole cast of Gossip Girl Details, please, R48?

by Anonymousreply 4901/05/2011

Mira Sorvino was crazy mean.

by Anonymousreply 5201/06/2011

Arizona Dream is a really good movie.

by Anonymousreply 5301/06/2011

Charlie Sheen is a drunk and a drug addict, but he's not nasty or difficult to work with.%0D %0D Linda Fiorentino is such a raging bitch that her career imploded because she was blacklisted for her on set behavior. Kevin Smith's audio commentary on Dogma had to be censored because of a fear from the studio that she would sue over some of his comments about what a cunt she was to work with. Barry Sonenfeld (not exactly a nice guy, either) refused to work with her on Men in Black II.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5501/06/2011

[r54] Yes! A screenwriter friend of mine used to do Stiller re-write work and told many stories. One of my favorites was how he would refer to himself in third person as if he really were a "brand", i.e. "this is not a Ben Stiller type project", "does this conform to the Ben Stiller image?" while everyone else in the room tried not to bust out laughing. And this on projects like Zoolander. Pompous ass.

by Anonymousreply 5601/06/2011

I've heard Aniston is very nice as well. Courtney Cox on the other hand......

by Anonymousreply 5701/06/2011

"She's hardly an actor any more, but I was around Whitney Houston during the "Bodyguard" days and could not believe one person could be so rude and nasty -- like mentally ill nasty."

Could have been the coke and/or crack talking.

by Anonymousreply 5801/06/2011

Maggie Gyllenhaal%E2%80%99s is ugly! Yikes! This girl actually found a guy who married her? Her mother looks like a dike. She did a movie with actor Aaron Eckhart. Is he gay? He is a beautiful, handsome man! Wow!

R1, Natalie Wood's sister, Lana Wood, said she will reveal the bastard who raped her sister when the guy dies. I asked Suiselee if she knew anything about Natalie Wood getting raped by an actor? She said she never heard that???? That one shocked me.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I worked with this lady whose father worked in the entertainment industry. She wouldn%E2%80%99t tell me who her father was. She said, Bing Crosby called her father once, and said I'm going to come to San Francisco, and I want a woman in my hotel room when I get there. Bing Crosby said, I don't care if she is fat, ugly, whatever! Just make sure there is A WOMAN in that room ready to have sex with me. This lady I worked with thought Bing Crosby was nothing but a male whore.

Bing Crosby's widowed wife, Kathryn Grant Crosby lives up here in Northern California in the mega exclusive Hillsborough. I have heard from various people who have said she is plain evil and extremely vile.

I have heard many horrible Martha Stewart stories from various people. Here are some of what I have heard. I worked with this lady who used to work for Macy's in San Francisco once. She said, Martha Stewart came to do a book singing, and this lady%E2%80%99s boss was in charge of everything. She said Martha Stewart would say to the guy, my water isn%E2%80%99t could enough! Do you want me to tell your manager and get you fired?! Change my water this instant! Martha made the guy run around pouring in sweat, and at the end of the day he was extremely sick to his stomach and kept throwing up. I worked with this one guy whose friend worked with her, and he said she was a major bitch. Another guy I worked with knew someone who worked with her, and he said when here daughter was getting married, Martha wanted the wedding reception on her property in the Hamptons. She spent a huge amount of money transporting these hedges to be planted in back of the property creating a topiary maze wonderland. When her daughter got married elsewhere, Martha was so mad that she took her anger out on these beautiful hedges. She took a chain saw and hacked away like a mad woman. She must have learned this tip from the Mommie Dearest guide 101.

by Anonymousreply 5901/06/2011

Somehow this "On 'Regis & Kelly' Kristen Stewart was in a very short dress and very high heels, she looked totally awkward and uncomfortable in that get up." doesn't make me think this: "This is a young woman who is either totally clueless about how lucky she is OR she simply believes she IS so talented and above it all, she doesn't have to promote her films." Everything in your post reads to me like she's introverted and unhappy. Maybe clueless too, but not "above it all."

by Anonymousreply 6001/06/2011

I also like Susan Sarandon's politics. However she is always pulling, "Do you know who I am"? I witnessed this when I was a student at NYU working in the nearby City Bakery -- which is near her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 6201/06/2011

[quote]This is a young woman who is either totally clueless about how lucky she is OR she simply believes she IS so talented and above it all, she doesn't have to promote her films.%0D %0D She sounds depressed.

by Anonymousreply 6401/06/2011

Natalie Wood didn't keep it a secret that Kirk Douglas had raped her. Right after it happened she went to her friend Dennis Hopper in hysterics and told him. But there wasn't anything else she could do about it. If she'd tried to press charges it would not only have meant the end of her career (which her maniacal stage mother would never have tolerated) but since there was no such thing as rape kits or DNA testing it was just the word of a teenage starlet who may or may not have been a virgin against an A-list movie star. Any lawyer or policeman at the time would have told her she'd be better off to just go to a doctor and have her wounds stitched up, maybe get tested for STDs and try to forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 6601/06/2011

[quote]Arizona Dream is a really good movie.

Agree. And it's another title Netflix doesn't have.

by Anonymousreply 6701/06/2011

"Barfly" is a terribly amateurish, and dreary movie. It looks and feels cheap too.

by Anonymousreply 6901/15/2011

more please

by Anonymousreply 7102/03/2011

r67, Arizona Dream for you:

by Anonymousreply 7202/03/2011

Tommy Lee Jones is an ass.

by Anonymousreply 7502/03/2011

Alex Pettyfer is getting bad press -

by Anonymousreply 7602/10/2011

Alex Pettyfer is bipolar? His behavior is strange.

by Anonymousreply 7702/10/2011

A lot of posters on Deadline were trashing Pettyfair as well a few weeks back when that movie about the racing driver no-one outside of the UK gives a stuff about was announced. He's going to have the shortest career in Hollywood if his first films don't do add bank.

by Anonymousreply 7802/10/2011

R61 I've heard that Tim Robbins is the biggest, whiniest pussy around.

by Anonymousreply 7902/10/2011

R63, that's just the tip of the Faye iceberg, trust me.

She would blow up in a ridiculous rage, then a minute later turn on a dime and be noxiously sweet as pie. Scary, scary woman.

I say that and I've worked with Mel "Everybody shut up and fucking listen to me!!!" Gibson and thought he was nice.

by Anonymousreply 8002/10/2011

r76,I guess the people who commented in the Nikki Finke/ site about Alex Pettyfer were right all along..

They have been saying he's a nasty piece of work for months now.

by Anonymousreply 8102/10/2011

Mark Wahlberg he hasnt really changed much since his Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch days. Even though he doesnt drink and party like back in the day- his homophobic ways havent changed. Yes sure everyone praises him because he gives money to charity, is a catholic married with kids man. He has a major disdain for make-up artists and hairstylist especially if they are male. Fuck you and the Fighter Marky Mark!

by Anonymousreply 8202/10/2011

The Faye thing - hardly a tirade. It's a business call, she's not degrading anyone, and she's simply telling her manager how to market a product. It so happens that product is herself, so it makes her sound self-centered.

by Anonymousreply 8302/10/2011

"a catholic married with kids man" Yes, a good Catholic who got his wife knocked up several times before he married her.

by Anonymousreply 8402/10/2011

About Kirsten Stewart - I think it's possible that her shyness is percieved as nastiness. She seems very shy, introverted, awkward, but it doesn't mean she is nasty. I personally find those qualities in public figures extremely fascinating. She seems real person, not some PR trained doll, like some of the young actresses.

by Anonymousreply 8502/10/2011

What about the actors and actresses who worked on NUMB3RS?

by Anonymousreply 8602/10/2011

I notice from Pettyfer articles linked that Pettyfer and Lautner share an agent and a sugardaddy/producer (Jackman's ex, Palermo). Lautner just has better pr, since they made the press about his diva tantrums disappear.

by Anonymousreply 8702/10/2011

[R85] Shy people generally do not: stand on a balcony with a cigarette hanging from their lips so both hands are free to flip the bird call the fans who gave you fame "retards" pose in a photo shoot flipping off the camera wear skin-tight and way-short skirts whine that her stripping/lap-dancing scenes were cut from the film WTTR wear a t-shirt with "get off my dick" emblazoned on the back be openly photographed kissing women on and on...

by Anonymousreply 8802/10/2011

I can't stand Mark Walberg. If that is how he feels about the makeup artists and hairstylists then he is in the wrong business. Hollywood and the entertainment business from day one have had a lot of gays working in that industry.

by Anonymousreply 8902/10/2011

What did Mark do to these people?

Maybe he really is deeply closeted.

by Anonymousreply 9002/11/2011

r85, I don't know much about anyone else, but Rob Morrow is a huge asshole. He was such a prick on his latest show (the one that sank quickly) that they almost fired him (and the rumor was that he was the real reason Joely Richardson left after doing the pilot). A nasty piece of work, and now it's biting him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 9102/11/2011

[quote]Kathryn Grant Crosby lives up here in Northern California in the mega exclusive Hillsborough. I have heard from various people who have said she is plain evil and extremely vile.

No. That's not true about Kathryn at all. She's a little ... loony, given. Not in an evil crazy way, kind of in a harmless bag lady kind of way. And she is fierce in her protection of Bing's image and estate, even though at one point it put her on the opposite legal side from her children. But she's really a gracious and kind lady.

She's also now recuperating from a horrible car accident that nearly killed her - and did kill her second husband - this past November.

by Anonymousreply 9202/11/2011

Some of the things being said about Pettyfer and his behavior toward women is disturbing (to put it nicely).

by Anonymousreply 9302/11/2011

[quote] Lautner just has better pr, since they made the press about his diva tantrums disappear.%0D %0D Dish, please.

by Anonymousreply 9402/11/2011

I'm surprised about the Halle Berry stories. On the episode of Punk'd where she was refused entrance to her own premiere, she had every reason to throw a hissy fit but seemed nothing but calm and bemused.

by Anonymousreply 9502/11/2011

R95, she knew that there was a lot of media covering the event.

by Anonymousreply 9602/11/2011

R92, I'm sorry to hear that about her. However, about her not being nasty your highly wrong. I have known many people that new her and that have waited on her and she is a mega bitch. Maybe she has changed with age, but I stand by my claim 100%.

by Anonymousreply 9702/11/2011

Also, Katharyn Crosby's daughter is a major demon seed.

by Anonymousreply 9802/11/2011

R88 Are you serious? You sound like such a prude. OMG she wears short skirts, she is nasty whore. Only thing on your list I don't like is calling fans retards (if she actually did it). And being pictured kissing woman is sign os nastyness? Really? I don't even like this girl, but you sound ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 9902/11/2011

Dame Helen Mirren is classy and swell except when she drinks. Then she keeps flashing her giant boobs and asking who wants to sit on Her Majesty's Throne.

by Anonymousreply 10102/11/2011

I nominate the Scientologists and Tom Cruise. Much better to have to dodge a telephone than to be the subject of organized intimidation.

by Anonymousreply 10302/11/2011

Regarding Kristen Stewart: There are MANY stories of her being a complete cunt to fellow actors and crew. Not many have very nice things to say about her.

She's openly dismissive of her fans (even if they are batshit).

She compared being photographed by the paps to being raped (she always likes to play the victim).

During an Elle interview she refused to enter a restaurant and made the writer go fetch her food because she thought she would get recognized, {while said restaurant only had 3 people total inside),

One of the actors she auditioned with for Twilight said she was extremely dismissive and refused to speak to him. He ended up talking about the part with the director instead.

She gave the finger to the paps while on a boat cruise in Australia when the reason they were following her is because she was on a PR trip promoting Eclipse. It wasn't her own personal vacation.

She openly started texting while at a press conference for The Runaways.

Apparently some fan was at a bar with her and she was sitting on her friend's purse/jacket. When they asked Kristen to get up, she was rude and hid her face.

She refused to take any pictures with the crew of On the Road and hid herself in her trailer.

I don't think shyness is her problem. I think she's probably had her ass kissed her entire life and she smugly thinks she's so 'talented' and 'edgy' she can be dismissive and rude to people.

by Anonymousreply 10802/12/2011

by Anonymousreply 10903/10/2011

Did any of the many posts regarding Kristin Stewart mention that she's a DRUGGIE?! She was photographed with a pipe on her porch.

by Anonymousreply 11004/28/2011

Gene Hackman, although old now, doesn't work as much as he could due to his horrendous temper. He's also generally bitchy to people around him.

His career pretty much fizzled out because of it; he's a great character actor, but apparently not worth the hassle.

by Anonymousreply 11104/29/2011

Yeah, nastiest people in Hollywood were always Scott Rudin, Joel Silver, David Geffen...cheapest, George Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 11204/29/2011

Alex Pettyfer, without question.

by Anonymousreply 11304/29/2011

A friend of mine worked on a Nicholas Cage film and said Cage belongs in a mental hospital. Totally fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 11504/29/2011

[quote]Alot of teen girls can't help acting like spoild, self centered, bitches, Kristen is probably just following the trend. Kristen Stewart is in her 20's. Too old to be acting like a stupid teen. Doesn't surprise me about Nic Cage. He sounds insane. Wonder what the other Coppolas think about him.

by Anonymousreply 11604/29/2011

I always wondered if Sharon Stone lost her career because she was so demanding and unreasonable?

by Anonymousreply 11704/29/2011

He has no charisma or likability whatsoever, R115. Complete lack of appeal.

by Anonymousreply 11804/29/2011

I think Nic is kind of nuts...doesn't it run in the family?

by Anonymousreply 11904/29/2011

Reese Witherspoon seems nasty and mean.

by Anonymousreply 12004/29/2011

r112, why do you put Geffen in that group? Details?

I thought he was in the HW school of fucking people over, but he wasn't nearly as personally vile as Silver or Rudin (although Rudin has good taste for an exec).

by Anonymousreply 12104/30/2011

R54 R56 Friends who worked on Tropic Thunder said that Stiller made it into a job from hell. He was on a major paranoid-diva trip with serious anger issues. I worked on a show with his mom, and she's a trip, a real potty-mouth, though his dad is cool. The cast of Tropic Thunder, when doing their press junket, would avoid answering questions about Stiller. One cast member, I don't remember which, when asked by a reporter about Stiller's on-set behavior simply said that Stiller "has his own unique style" and let it drop. When I was young, I used to hang out with some of Bing Crosby's grandkids. They all hated him. They were quite open about saying that their grandfather Bing was a lowlife asshole. For decades he was seen by the public as a male "America's Sweetheart", yet it seems that those who knew him have nothing pleasant to say about him. He must have had a GREAT press agent!

by Anonymousreply 12204/30/2011

Errol Flynn = cruel, sociopathic, wore a mask of gallantry.

Maurice Chevalier = evidently a surly grouse when the cameras weren't rolling.

Yul Brynner = Nasty overblown ego. All about Yul ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 12404/15/2012

Tom Hanks

by Anonymousreply 12504/15/2012

Annie Meara's a doll. Jerry vague.

by Anonymousreply 12604/15/2012

I think we should lighten up a bit on all of these people. They BANK for Hollywood, and not every good worker is going to be the life of the party, or even nice.

SO much else could be going on in all these situations, or maybe they really are just rotten. Even if they are, so what?

by Anonymousreply 12704/15/2012

Not an actor, but Katy Perry is a total asshole. Treats anyone below the line like garbage. I have 2 friends that worked with her separately (grip and makeup) and hate her with the white hot heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 12804/15/2012

R128 I'm not surprised one bit. I could always see through her bullshit. I don't know why anyone like the bitch, but gays are stupid and like bitchy female singers for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 12904/15/2012

I've always gotten a bitch vibe from Katy Perry, so that's not surprising to hear. She seems beyond fake and full of herself. I will enjoy the demise of her career.

by Anonymousreply 13004/15/2012

[quote]She seems beyond fake and full of herself. I will enjoy the demise of her career.

You and me both.

by Anonymousreply 13104/15/2012

" I don't know why anyone like the bitch, but gays are stupid and like bitchy female singers for some reason."

Then perhaps said stupid guys should peruse this old article about their idol's a gay event:

by Anonymousreply 13404/15/2012

R32 & R57 I've heard from gossip here and other spots that on her own Jen is basically fine but she tends to befriend bitchy women and her personality changes. There was a thread here a bit back about her and Cox on the Friends set tahat made her seem like an insecure twit stuck in the 9th grade.

by Anonymousreply 13504/15/2012

TMZ has ANOTHER Mel Gibson rant on their front page right now. He's no peach.

by Anonymousreply 13704/18/2012

Maybe Mel's rants are some sort of performance art or mockumentary ala Joaquin Phoenix. It's either that or he's just batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 13804/18/2012

Jean Claude Goddamn (what an effing "jerk"!). I ran into him in Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. Thought his s*it didnt gf speaks French so she ripped into him when he pulled out his jacket and started in with his "Da women love me!" speech. Russel Crowe was booted out of - and barred - from every bar/pub in Canmore, Alberta, during filming of Mystery, Alaska. He wanted to 'have' all of his beers bought for him (asshole). All jerks, women are the worst! Yes, i have met many 'stars' and they only 'play' nice people on TV. Mind you, Luke Perry was 'very' nice in Calgary, Alberta, during his filming.

by Anonymousreply 13907/23/2012

Sarah Paulson was thrown off of the film "Claire's Cambodia" because of her behavior. It's in pre-production but she was soo far gone with her pre-production demands demands that they replaced her.

It was all...I will not walk upon that set when the time comes unless I have blah blah blah...and all of that kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14007/23/2012

What did she ask for?

by Anonymousreply 14107/23/2012

God, I love these threads.

by Anonymousreply 14307/23/2012

An Oscar-winning editor I know told me Barbara Striesand is the nastiest, rudest, most conceited woman in Hollywood and it's not even close. I've also heard Angelina Jolie is hated and considered a humourless, self-important bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14407/24/2012

r 144 here. I have another one. I have friends who work in the film industry and I was told that when Steven Seagal worked on a recent film set, he was so rude, disrespectful and touchy-feely with the women on set that a memo was sent out to female cast and crew warning them to stay away from him. Apparently he's well known to be a total pig.

by Anonymousreply 14507/24/2012

What is the Costa Rica movie Faye is talking about?

by Anonymousreply 14807/24/2012

Agree with 147. A friend worked with Angelina on a film in Hong Kong and said she was very professional and didn't ask for special favors, ate the same lunch as the rest of the crew.

by Anonymousreply 14907/24/2012

R144, I believe you about Barbara Striesand. I have read and heard some much negativity about her. People say, but she had a staff that has been working with her for 40 years. If she was so vicious, she wouldn't have people working for her for such a long time. I think when it comes to people she can benefit from, she probably treats them very well, but anyone and everyone else they dirt to her. I once read that most of what she does in her life is calculated to center on her!

I hated Oprah's show ,but I decided to watch it when she interviewed Barbara Striesand. When various people in the audience were asking her questions, she would answer them by looking in another direction verses looking directly at them. I thought she was so rude,and these stupid frau kept screaming over her, whatever!

by Anonymousreply 15007/24/2012

Contrary to R133's post a friend worked with Billy Bob Thornton on a film and positively gushed over BBT, saying that he was amazingly nice, down-to-earth and (as inexplicable as it may seem to us DataLounge denizens) quite attractive with tons of charisma. Displayed no attitude towards the crew or towards civilians.

R145, in the early 1990s I dated a guy who worked with Steven Seagal during Seagal's mercifully brief heyday as a box office phenomenon and he said that Seagal was truly awful.

[quote]When various people in the audience were asking her questions, she would answer them by looking in another direction verses looking directly at them.

Not sure if Babs is renowned for her shyness but this trait is very common amongst shy people. In fact I do this myself and it is not intended as a slight.

by Anonymousreply 15107/24/2012

R151 that is true about shyness because I too was once extremely shy,and I would do the same thing. But I have read she thinks the public is beneath her so in her case it seems questionable.

R151, is Billy Bob Thornton bisexual? I always get that vibe about him.

by Anonymousreply 15207/24/2012

"Agree with 147. A friend worked with Angelina on a film in Hong Kong and said she was very professional and didn't ask for special favors, ate the same lunch as the rest of the crew."

I don't believe you, R149.

There's no WAY that Angelina eats lunch!

by Anonymousreply 15407/24/2012

GENE HACKMAN, now retired, is ALWAYS worth the 'trouble'.

by Anonymousreply 15507/24/2012

I tend to believe R145. About 7-8 years ago, I was staying at the same Vancouver hotel with Seagal. In the elevator, he would harass women, make loud, nasty comments to them, and get really belligerent and rude towards other people riding the elevator.

by Anonymousreply 15607/24/2012

I knew some people who worked in a hospital where Seagal's child was a patient. He was a nightmare. Mean, nasty, demanding and not even trying to be nice or grateful to the people trying to help his child.

by Anonymousreply 15707/25/2012

[quote]A friend worked with Angelina on a film in Hong Kong and said she was very professional and didn't ask for special favors, ate the same lunch as the rest of the crew.

I feel sorry for the crew having to eat two radishes for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 15807/25/2012

Has anyone else worked with or has a friend who had dealt with Barbara Striesand and had horrible experiences?

by Anonymousreply 15907/25/2012

[quote]Has anyone else worked with or has a friend who had dealt with Barbara Striesand and had horrible experiences?

read my book

by Anonymousreply 16007/25/2012

R160, what about Christopher Andersen's biography on her?

by Anonymousreply 16107/25/2012

Gene Hackman is a really nice guy period. He is basically retired but is welcome to work anytime he wants.

by Anonymousreply 16202/03/2013

Most loved on set: Angelina Jolie (polite, professional, witty, patient, helpful) Most disliked on set: Reese Witherspoon (distant, rude, ugly facial expressions, hides in trailer)

by Anonymousreply 16302/03/2013

My cousin was in the last Twilight movie and actually hung out with Kristen Stewart. My cousin said that Kristen is very shy but cool to hang out with. She is a huge pothead. My cousin also said that Rob and Kristen were very nice to the cast and crew but kind of over Twilight bc of the way it was being pumped out for money. Apparently Kristen and Rob's acting wasn't considered important and they weren't allowed time for any rehearsals, that kind of thing, and were both frustrated at being made fun of so much for being terrible actors when they couldn't do anything to change it bc it was what the studio wanted. I straight up asked my cousin if Kristen was a bitch and cousin said no, not at all just very shy and guarded but lovely one on one or in a small group. Dakota Fanning on the other hand wouldn't acknowledge the lowly no-names on the set and was supposedly a total bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16402/03/2013

Brad Pitt is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16505/21/2013

I'm surprised no one mentioned Val Kilmer who used to be the biggest asshole on movie sets and had such a diva attitude. Now he's fat and washed up LOL.

by Anonymousreply 16605/22/2013

Brad is a lovely person. Above and below line adore him.

by Anonymousreply 16705/23/2013

R159, I once took acting with Omar Sharifs' nephew. Reported that Babs broke records for unbelievable perfectionism, especially when it came to dance performances. Heard of Spielberg's 100 takes of just a falling leaf? Try working with Babs.

by Anonymousreply 16805/23/2013

Pitt is an asshole and a overrated actor.

by Anonymousreply 17005/23/2013

R159 Peter Bogdanovich didn't enjoy directing her much saying she wouldn't take almost any direction at all.

by Anonymousreply 17105/23/2013

Here is Billy Bob being an utter asshole (with handy subtext subtitles).

by Anonymousreply 17205/23/2013

Shut up, Jennifer at R170. You're old and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 17305/23/2013

R172 that was painful. I felt bad for the interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 17405/23/2013

Are they filming the New American Horror Story in Hollywood? If so: Patty Lapone

by Anonymousreply 17505/23/2013

Fuck off Angelina Fan (173).

by Anonymousreply 17605/23/2013

Details on Jessica Alba?

by Anonymousreply 17705/23/2013

A friend worked on a Jennifer Lopez movie and said she was such a bitch that the crew guys, who all were talking about how hot she was before they started the film, all hated her about 2 weeks into it. She was just nasty to people, and treated the crew like they were nothing.

Angelina Jolie is very nice to the crew. I saw her at a crew screening and she was chatting people up, totally cool and not a diva at all. She also looks like a lollipop in person. Huge head.

Another friend worked with Daphne Zuniga and she was a nasty, entitled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17805/23/2013

[quote]Patty Lapone

Turn in your gay card!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17905/23/2013

I remember hearing about Val Kilmer being a psycho and putting out cigarettes on people on movie sets a few years ago....

by Anonymousreply 18005/23/2013

Michael Douglas makes Issur look like Santa Claus

by Anonymousreply 18105/23/2013

suzanne somers was a vicious bitch on the set of "she's the sheriff"

by Anonymousreply 18205/23/2013

Jennifer Lopez isn't just a bitch to crew; she's a bitch to other celebrities. Shirley Manson told a story about meeting her and how Lopez did this whole alpha dog routine. Manson tried to frame it in a positive light, but it really made Lopez sound like a crazy bitch.

Also, I remember Amy Sedaris making a veiled dig about Lopez's nastiness (they were in Maid in Manhattan together) during an interview on Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 18405/23/2013

So how did Clooney survive making Out of Sight with JLo? Is that why they didn't make another flick together, even though supposedly they had fab chemistry? Did they f*ck on that movie too?

by Anonymousreply 18505/23/2013

Thank you, r172. That was great.

by Anonymousreply 18605/23/2013

Here ya go. Kristen Stewart being about as nice as she can get.

by Anonymousreply 18705/23/2013

What a little cunt. I can't wait for the day that she's over and wishing people will recognize her and want to photograph her.

by Anonymousreply 18805/23/2013

Actually, JLo has calmed down some she got rid of Skeletor. She is still a Diva, and she definitely expects things to be done her way. But she has learned to be calmer and to be more professional.

Getting that gig on American Idol helped. She couldn't show her ass, figuratively speaking, because she had to be part of the team and be flexible and nicer. She also has the example of Christina Aguilera, who while infinitely more talented as a singer, is a true despicable bitch and a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 18905/24/2013

r184 stfu spreading lies! Why do you feel replace and forget key elements of the story. SHIRLEY MANSON dissed JLO in a magazine that got some press talking about punching her in the face... After that JLO and Shirley were doing a photoshoot for the cover of Rolling Stone with a whole gang og famous bitches, Jlo walked up to her like a G and was like HI IM JENNIFER, alpha'd that lil Irish fairies ass back into her place as she shook and was owned by JLO walking backwards after the handshake staring at her like Bitch I aint the one!@

by Anonymousreply 19005/24/2013

Wow, JLo posts here. Thanks for taking the time to share your side of the story. Unfortunately, while you were doing so, your leased piece toddled off to find the nearest glory hole. Better put a LoJack on that ass. I guess that would make it a JLoJack.

by Anonymousreply 19105/24/2013

Karma has been unkind to that pig Steven Segal.

He now weighs close to 300 lbs balding and bad dye job on what little hair he has left.

by Anonymousreply 19205/24/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 19305/24/2013

Yep. JLo is a pretty much hated by all the crews she's ever worked with. This happened about 10 years ago...

At 8AM she walks into the Craft Services Truck and the craft service woman (older lady, who everyone loved) was helping a crew guy. JLo is holding a bowl a cereal and demanded milk. The woman finished helping the crew guy and turned to get the milk for her and JLo threw the bowl of cereal at the woman for taking too long and stormed out! Then JLo tried (or did) get the woman fired! The crew wasn't happy when word spread on set.

Celebs are really dumb, because they don't realize that these stories spread from show to show. Behind the scenes crew people talk. And stories of bad behavior spread quickly and linger for years and years and years.

by Anonymousreply 19405/24/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 19505/24/2013

[quote]I remember hearing about Val Kilmer being a psycho and putting out cigarettes on people on movie sets a few years ago....

You don't happen to have his number, do you?

by Anonymousreply 19605/24/2013

[quote]Has anyone else worked with or has a friend who had dealt with Barbara Striesand and had horrible experiences?

I sat through "The Mirror Has Two Faces" - does that count?

by Anonymousreply 19705/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 19805/24/2013

I hate it when wannabes try to cop an attitude.

Case in point, Jesse Eisenberg from the Social Network, who totally was a jerk to a reporter, who was merely doing her job.

Now, I haven't gotten around to seeing Social Network. It's been sitting forever on my DVDR. Now, I don't know whether I ever will see it.

by Anonymousreply 19905/24/2013

theres tmz video of joan cusack acting like a condescending cunt to a camera man. i was just like 'wow, who does she think she is, really?' then her again of all people put precious down?

by Anonymousreply 20005/24/2013

J-Lo didn't really start with the diva shit until after Out of Sight and she was being touted as the next big thing. At that point, she was still relatively unknown so Clooney woulldn't have put up with her shit if she'd pulled it. Then Out of Sight was a big hit and she thought that was because of her. Then she did the infamous magazine interview.

by Anonymousreply 20105/24/2013

R201, Thanks for the info. Did they f*ck on that movie, and that's supposedly why there was decent chemistry?

by Anonymousreply 20205/24/2013

R201, I think you'll find Out of Sight wasn't much of a box office hit. It only grossed about £78M world-wide. It was more of a critical hit.

by Anonymousreply 20305/24/2013

R190, Shirley Manson is Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 20405/24/2013

Shia Ladouche

by Anonymousreply 20505/24/2013

You gotta love stories like R194.

There are probably half a dozen labor laws and union that would lead to a very nice settlement if that actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 20605/24/2013

r206, I don't think so, unless it was hot cereal.

by Anonymousreply 20705/24/2013

R206, How would you find a lawyer to sue when the guilty have unlimited income, resources, and power and you don't?

by Anonymousreply 20805/24/2013

You know, it kills me to see people like Kristen Stewart, and Ashley Greene and some of these other forgettable flavas of the moment, especially the one's who's 15 minutes of fame have definitely run out. They are so rude, and so pompous, and self important. What assholes. And they have groupie/friends who indulge that.

by Anonymousreply 20905/24/2013

That Billy Bob radio thing was amazing. I knew he was a dick but I'd never actually seen him BE a vicious bastard. Wow.

JLo fucked every guy on "Anaconda". She let Nicholson get his kink on with her ass for the role in "Blood and Wine". In those days she was less of a diva but still bitchy with the crews.

The formerly attractive Val Kilmer was a cunt and holding up filming on "The Island of Dr. Moreau". Brando (of all people) walked up to him, ripped the phone out of his hand, threw it, and told Kilmer he was confusing the size of his talent with the size of his paycheck.

In "The Ghost and the Darkness" (great white hunters in late 1800's) Michael Douglas was completely disgusted by Kilmer's behavior. During the film's promotion, and afterwards, Douglas publicly insulted and talked trash about Kilmer.

His wife finally divorced him because he would get so wasted that he couldn't remember whether he wore condoms when he went out fucking around all the time.

Getting fat isn't what destroyed Kilmer's career, it was being such a dick to everyone around him.

by Anonymousreply 21005/24/2013

JLo was an unbearable bitch during the 2002 shoot of Maid in Manhattan. She treated Ralph Fiennes very badly, literally pushing him off of her in the bed scene when Wayne Wang yelled "Cut!" She obviously preferred dark meat in her personal life and she was repulsed by Fiennes. And she had the gall to have her people plant a story in the Post that she and Fiennes were possibly in an off the set romance when he was in the middle of his relationship with Francesca Annis.

by Anonymousreply 21105/24/2013

Jennifer Lopez's fame is/was a big step down for U.S. culture. Just some big corporatized urban flava faux yearning soulful hooch. Her act went sour and her beauty got android. Before she embalmed herself into whiteness with plastic surgery, she made Latins look bad.

by Anonymousreply 21205/25/2013

So how did Clooney put up with her antics?

by Anonymousreply 21305/25/2013

What did Billy Bob do on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 21405/25/2013

You could watch the video or here is the short version

CBC incident

On April 8, 2009, Thornton and his musical group The Boxmasters appeared on CBC Radio One program Q which was widely criticized and received international attention after Thornton was persistently unintelligible and discourteous to host Jian Ghomeshi.[14][15] Thornton eventually explained he had "instructed" the show's producers to not ask questions about his movie career.[16][17] Ghomeshi had mentioned Thornton’s acting in the introduction. Thornton had also complained Canadian audiences were like “mashed potatoes without the gravy."[18][19] The following night, opening for Willie Nelson at Toronto's Massey Hall, Thornton said mid-set he liked Canadians but not Ghomeshi, which was greeted with boos and catcalls.[20] The Boxmasters did not continue the tour in Canada as, according to Thornton, some of the crew and band had the flu.[21]

by Anonymousreply 21505/25/2013

After looking at the pics of K-Stew at R187, I have to ask, why doesn't she just quit? Go to college, law school, whatever, just get out of the business if its so awful. There's always someone prettier and younger to take your place, sugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 21605/25/2013

But college and law school are haaaard, R216, and are quite a change from a life of accepting millions for acting like a stupid, whiny teenager.

by Anonymousreply 21705/25/2013

This cunt

by Anonymousreply 21805/25/2013

Liza Minnelli. I've heard horror stories about this entitled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21905/25/2013

I don't think "Faye's Tirade" really qualifies as bad behaviour either. You guys have this fantasyland idea that Hollywood is just full of well-meaning competent people just trying to do what's best for these cranky, narcissistic actors. It's not so. Every actor has to constantly be making an effort to maintain and further their career - it doesn't just get handed to them (though most of you would like to think you're the ones handing out careers). People have to assert and protect themselves. It's easy to imagine that's it's some easy straightforward job where everything goes your way but it isn't. And most of this behaviour is from people who probably initially gave other people the benefit of the doubt and got totally fucked for it. It's pre-emptive defense serving their own self-protection because no one else will protect them. (Not J-Lo, of course.)

Faye has every right to asset herself and protect her own interests.

by Anonymousreply 22005/25/2013

J-Lo was very difficult during her stay at our Hotel. The horrible little woman had a huge entourage of 100, demanded white furniture, and the walls to be painted white with fresh flowers every day....and her perfume sprayed, before she entered a room. The highness did not get what she wanted, naturally. The Hotel refused to paint the walls entirely and change the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 22105/25/2013

[quote]I heard firsthand stories about M. Gyllenhaal from two different people who worked with her. She's awful to work with.

She does appear bitchy on screen, it's her brother that's the nicer sibling.

by Anonymousreply 22205/25/2013

Oddly enough, Helen Lawson isn't at all like her reputation. She's warm, kind, and thoughtful to the crew and public. Despite a demanding schedule, Miss Lawson is always ready to chat with a fan, talk with a grip about his family, and to appear at charity events--without the demands that the young Hollywood set make! Miss Helen Lawson is really a lady.

by Anonymousreply 22305/25/2013

J-Lo was very difficult during her stay at our Hotel. The horrible little woman had a huge entourage of 100, demanded white furniture, and the walls to be painted white with fresh flowers every day....and her perfume sprayed, before she entered a room. The highness did not get what she wanted, naturally. The Hotel refused to paint the walls entirely and change the furniture.

What kind of mental illness does this woman have? Jesus.

I get the feeling regarding Stewart that she actually really likes the attention and would starve without it.

by Anonymousreply 22405/25/2013

When Yul Brynner performed on stage touring with a revival of The King & I, he insisted that his dressing room had to be painted a certain color and have certain accoutrements. The rationale was that since he was traveling so much, he wanted something familiar and some continuity to make him feel at home & comfortable. He eve had a couple of chairs he took with him from one city to another. He was a sweet man, not at all demanding in person, and a wonderful sense of humor. Very warm.

by Anonymousreply 22505/25/2013

ann jillian was an animalistic bitch on the set of 'it's a living', it's rumored crystal bernard emerged nude and ravaged from ann's dressing room after having disappeared from set for hours. ann's people covered it up.

by Anonymousreply 22605/25/2013

R226 sounds like horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 22705/25/2013

R225 Yul made a very tasty strawberries Romanoff

by Anonymousreply 22805/25/2013

R218, who the hell is that? She's a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 22905/25/2013

Diana Ross is a horrible diva who throw coffe cups at staffers and screams at people You are to refer to her thru her staff and only call her Miss Ross and you are not to look at her or ever speak directly to her.

by Anonymousreply 23005/25/2013

No she didn't r231. How is she a dyke stereotype? Don't answer that. You sound demented.

She's also one of the most liked by cast and crew. Sorry but no. Your dislike of her isn't her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 23205/26/2013

Sorry r231, I didn't finish my thought. The paparazzi you speak of was a 17 year old that is a wanna-be paparazzi. He started saying shit to her and her kids while taking her photo aggressively. She didn't hit anyone but told him to fuck off. The Grove backed her up and the "lawsuit" that his parents threaten, never happened because he didn't have any evidence. Please don't make shit up.

by Anonymousreply 23305/26/2013

She did more than that, R211. She asked Fiennes to dinner, he went, then the paps she'd called descended on them like locusts.

I forget which of her exes she was trying to make jealous at the time.

by Anonymousreply 23805/26/2013

Ok well I'm going to step *that way* r237 and you can play in your sandbox by yourself. Have Fun.

by Anonymousreply 23905/26/2013

Wasn't she with Ben at the time r238? Or was this right before?

by Anonymousreply 24005/26/2013

R237, actually you're the one with the imaginary big dick.

Anyone as randomly hostile as you are obviously has personal dick issues.

by Anonymousreply 24105/26/2013

Where on earth did you get the idea that r242 / r234 was an adult?

by Anonymousreply 24405/26/2013

Does Maggie Gyllenhaal still have a career? I still haven't gotten over how vomitous she was in Batman or that they considered her "pretty". In what universe is she pretty? Her nosejob is distracting! I can't look at that plastic face!

by Anonymousreply 24505/26/2013

R1, did you also murder Jean Spangler?

by Anonymousreply 24605/26/2013

R226, do you mean "ravaged" are you saying she is a vicious lesbian or just a vicious person? t

by Anonymousreply 24705/26/2013

R211, in all fairness to J Lo, Ralph Fiennes may have been with Francesca Annis, but he was a pig and still may be. A lot of actors aren't very gentlemanly, and think it's a lot of fun to use their "love scenes" to grope and cop a feel, or do worse if they can. Ralph is one that no matter how meticulously choreographed a scene is, he will take advantage. Gerard Butler is another one.

by Anonymousreply 24805/26/2013

Maggie G was great in Secretary...

by Anonymousreply 24905/26/2013

I've seen several of indie films and Maggie G was very good in all of them. Actually I don't think she's ugly at all. She is very pretty, or call it attractive most times, and I like her look. She is interesting looking. I swear with a lot of these actresses they are similar looking they are almost clones of one another. They are types.

by Anonymousreply 25005/26/2013

How about Sean Penn? He seems rather nasty.

by Anonymousreply 25105/26/2013

Agree with R250. I enjoy interesting looks like Maggie G's. She also seems brighter than most of those with cookie-cutter looks.

by Anonymousreply 25205/26/2013

Did anyone see Maggie G in "Won't Back Down"? Her character was such an obnoxious insufferable bitch. I could barely get through the movie. The only saving grace in the movie was Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 25305/26/2013

"Nice" doesn't necessarily mean "emotionally mature" or "not clinically narcissistic." They pursued Hollywood careers for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 25505/26/2013

"interesting looking" does not equal "Well Hello Beautiful, and oh you ARE beautiful".

Chris Nolan is shit when it comes to casting women.

by Anonymousreply 25805/26/2013

[quote]in all fairness to J Lo

There is never a need to be "fair" to Jennifer Lopez. She's a wretched sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 25905/26/2013

I like Maggie in Mona Lisa Smile, but heard that the girls were all bitchy toward each other during filming. The film was called the "the Mona Lisa Bitches" among cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 26005/26/2013

For hating Jodie Foster so much, R242, trolldar shows you can't stop posting about her.

by Anonymousreply 26105/26/2013

R251 - The late Jerry Nachman (once the editor-in-chief and VP of MSNBC among other things) told a story about being seated next to Sean Penn at an event. Nachman said that Penn was hostile to everyone. When anyone would try to engage him in conversation, he would either grunt, curse, sneer and/or turn the other way. I don't recall the event, but I think the crowd was mostly liberal politicos and journalists. Nachman described Penn as being practically pre-verbal and he couldn't understand why Penn even bothered to come to the event in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 26305/26/2013

Why is Andy Dick thee most hated person in Hollywood? I personally could never ever stand him.

For many years Raquel Welch was thee most hated person in Hollywood BIG TIME!!

BTW, why hasn't anyone written and kiss and tell bios on a lot these people? They would make great bios.

by Anonymousreply 26405/26/2013

[quote]Ellen: Pro and friendly. Remembers names and talks to crew. Shakes your hand and looks you in the eye. Won't shoot the shit with you because she's in and out. Fine by me.

R235, you have her exactly.

by Anonymousreply 26505/26/2013

[quote]I enjoy interesting looks like Maggie G's. She also seems brighter than most of those with cookie-cutter looks.

Agree about the looks but not sure about the smarts. She and Jake interviewed each other for a one page feature in the New Yorker a few years ago and both came across as somewhat deficient in that department.

by Anonymousreply 26605/26/2013

R266, I based my appraisal of her intelligence on what I saw of her on the PBS shows Independent Lens and Finding Your Roots.

by Anonymousreply 26705/26/2013

Maggie's odd looking but does occasionally give an interesting performance. It's possible that she could have a career in supporting roles if she cleans up her reputation for being a cunt at work.

I hope she's been saving her pennies.

by Anonymousreply 26805/26/2013

Maggie G and some of these others are precious on set, and yes, they can be a pain in the ass, but there is nothing unusual about that. It is not uncommon for certain actors to have their heads up their own asses. But that doesn't qualify as nasty.

There are some A list movie stars who are so boorish and so crude you'd be appalled at what people have to clean up behind them. And yes, I'm taking about sullen little bitches like Kristen Stewart and a lot of these younger ones.

by Anonymousreply 26905/26/2013

Re: Jodie Foster. Years ago, I remember she was on some talk show, and the guests were complaining about things their staff (domestic) do. She bitched about finding a coffee cake in the fridge, and finding out it was purchased on the grocery budget, but she doesn't eat it, or something to that effect. Wow, what a stingy attitude. What, a lousy coffee cake? Please. I thought less of her after that.

by Anonymousreply 27005/26/2013

She doesn't have domestics in her house r270. Now or ever, this I know.

Just to close this up, link?

by Anonymousreply 27105/27/2013

R271 Could you post a link substantiating your claim that she does not now nor has she ever had domestics in her household? You know, just to close this up.

by Anonymousreply 27205/27/2013

Sorry, I've heard it from real people. You claim to know by a talk show, which odds are, will be available. Link?

Unless you don't mind interviews that she and reporters mention it. That I do remember reading, but I doubt you want that. I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 27305/27/2013

So you heard something from a friend of a friend? And now you are demanding that someone else verify a statement which was broadcast to trump your foaf claim?

by Anonymousreply 27405/27/2013

A while ago, I read that at least two stars, namely Jennifer Lopez and Barbra Streisand, demanded they not be looked in the eye by their maids, or homeworkers.

I thought it funny at the time, because why in the world would anyone demand such a thing?

by Anonymousreply 27505/27/2013

Barbra who?

by Anonymousreply 27705/27/2013

[quote]A while ago, I read that at least two stars, namely Jennifer Lopez and Barbra Streisand, demanded they not be looked in the eye by their maids, or homeworkers.

I know firsthand that this is indeed true about Jennifer Lopez. I have had the misfortune of having to work with her several times. Well, to clear things up, she doesn't demand that you not look her in the eye, her assistant does it for her. Her assistant lets you know that you are not to look Jennifer directly in the eye, nor are you to speak directly to Jennifer. You are to speak to her Assistant.

She has gone so far as to whisper into her Assistant's ear anything she wants to say to you and the Assistant then speaks it to you.

And yes, the directive not to speak to or look directly at Jennifer was given while Jennifer was sitting in the room.

by Anonymousreply 27805/27/2013

About not looking JLo in the eye: actually I'd be happy to oblige. Currently I have an insufferable new boss and never look at him while interacting with the incompetent douche. I haven't looked at him in weeks and that's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 27905/27/2013

[r271] You're wrong. I know someone who lived and worked in her home for years.

And she's not nasty. As much as you want to believe it. She's super cool. considering she doesn't know anything other than "being famous". There's no behind-the-scenes dirt on her in hollywood. Nothing but complimentary stuff. (Or, at least the compliments out number the mutterings.)

She's no JLo. (that's the difference)

by Anonymousreply 28005/27/2013

THe whole "not looking someone in the eye" has been around for years, and believed it or not, it actually makes sense. Here's why:

When you step on set there are about 100 to 200 employees working and running around, and guess what? All of them want to establish a relationship with the STAR (ie: starfuckers!) It gets exhausting talking to every person on set. It can totally zap your energy and become a big distraction.

if you've ever been to a wedding reception when you knew EVERYONE there, it is impossible to converse with everyone and it burns you out!!!

To avoid the temptation by the workerbees who can suck the energy out of the star, they adopt the "dont look at the star" rule. it works. (When a Production Assistant starts giving the star acting notes, you understand why the rule exists. and yes, it happens all the time.) Even crew people are a little kooky. I avoid most of them, too.

As for assistants, they are there to solve problems and can deal with all the silly "problems" that come up all day. This way, the star has peace to study their lines and prepare.

by Anonymousreply 28105/27/2013

No one except that nut case in page 13 called her nasty r280. It's been established for years that she's has a good reputation.

by Anonymousreply 28205/27/2013

Actually [r271], I take it back. You're not wrong. But, we're both right. At times, she has needed help, probably-- because of work. I remember, my friend working for periods of time-- bouncing in and out of her life.

by Anonymousreply 28305/27/2013

That could be r283. She supposedly never had an assistant, that's true and untrue. She doesn't have a regular one but I remember something about hiring a temp during a project. In and out, not regular.

by Anonymousreply 28405/27/2013

britney fuckin spears. hate the bitch

by Anonymousreply 28505/27/2013

r196, aren't you really James Dean?

by Anonymousreply 28705/27/2013

Just because people work for a star for years does not mean they are some great boss. It's like a marriage - abusive crappy relationships go on all the time.

by Anonymousreply 28805/27/2013

It's the same for Jerry Lewis, he has a dreadful reputation but has had the same staff for decades.

by Anonymousreply 28905/27/2013

Bill Maher is totally nasty. Hates women. Uses them to get his nut, but that's all.

Sean Penn also is a nasty boy... and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 29005/27/2013

r278 How does someone get like this? I mean really, what brings you to this point?

by Anonymousreply 29105/27/2013

J-LOW pretty much started the "don't look at me in the eye" attitude, which pretty much set her career in a downward spiral.

by Anonymousreply 29205/27/2013

[r292] After 15 years of treating crews like shit-- and her knowing that she has a shit reputation amongst crew people-- I'm sure the "don't look me in the eye" thing is actually SHAME on her part.

by Anonymousreply 29405/27/2013

Oh, that's nonsense, r292. JLo didn't start it. Maybe you mean when she did start doing it her career went south? But her career looks pretty solid to me. T'was Skeletor who screwed up her career.

I remember years ago when I used to be a little PR minion, we were handling a personal appearance for Michael Jackson, right around the time after Thriller.

We were ordered by his advance people not to speak to him or to look at him, especially not to look him in the eye. The people who gave us those instructions were actually frightened they'd lose their jobs if he was at all displeased.

by Anonymousreply 29505/27/2013

r296 MJ is one of the few people I'd actually give a pass on this point.

Regardless of his personal life, he was the last, great music performer, i.e. someone who was multi-talented and put on a real show.

I've heard stories of jaded industry vets gawking at him like he was a zoo animal.

Thriller was as big as the Beatles back in the day.

r281, there's a difference between 'don't engage the star' and 'don't make any eye contact at all, however brief or you will be fired'.

by Anonymousreply 29705/27/2013

Oh, shit! We forgot the NASTIEST, MEANIST, AND MOST MANIACAL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29805/29/2013

IMHO these stars tell crew and hotel workers not to look at them, because they're can't make anyone else do that. Of course they'd like to stop the fans from being as intrusive as they are, from bothering them in restaurants or stalking them online. They can't make the fans stop staring, but they can make hirelings do it, so they do.

It's an abuse of power and a terrible coping mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 29905/29/2013

I think that these men are big assholes:

Sean Penn

Michael Fassbender

Christian Bale

Josh Brolin

by Anonymousreply 30005/29/2013

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 30105/29/2013

I think you'd be shocked to discover who beats women in H'wood. Nicolas Cage for one. He is certifiable. Nuts.

by Anonymousreply 30305/29/2013

Michael Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 30405/29/2013

You can't just list names with no explanation, R300, R304. There has to be some reason given, some example, some rumor to cite.

by Anonymousreply 30505/29/2013

R305 3 of the listed are wife/girlfriend beaters. Not sure about Bale.

by Anonymousreply 30605/29/2013

The Fassbender thing is iffy at best, especially when you know more details about the accusation. And I know a number of people who've worked with him who said he's a total pro and an absolute gent. One of the nicest, most laidback people they've ever worked with. Treats everyone from techs to interns to extras with respect.

by Anonymousreply 30705/29/2013

We all know Charlie Sheen and Jack Nicholson have beat up women. Nothing new but who actually killed a woman? Besides Phil Spector and Robert Blake? I feel sure there are a few secrets in those Hollywood Hills.

by Anonymousreply 30805/29/2013

[quote]Another friend worked with Daphne Zuniga and she was a nasty, entitled bitch.

How dare you!!

by Anonymousreply 30905/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 31005/29/2013

Natalie Wood was most certainly killed, or in any case not helped.

by Anonymousreply 31105/29/2013

The loser [bold]Dakota Fanning.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 31207/10/2013

Mel to the Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 31307/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 31407/10/2013

I think everyone should read the article in the July 10, 2013 edition of the British newspaper, Daily Mail, which is about late actor Orson Welles. The piece is based on tape recordings recently found in a garage that a certain writer friend of Mr. Welles made over several lunches the two had back in the early-mid '80's. Other than his dishing on many of Hollywood's great actors, Mr. Welles also tells of how most good actors were dumber than a bag of leaves. He didn't have too many good things to say about most of his counterparts. The article was called, "The Rudest Man in Hollywood"

by Anonymousreply 31508/16/2013

Matthew Fox. That guy is seriously scary.

by Anonymousreply 31608/16/2013

[quote] Mr. Welles also tells of how most good actors were dumber than a bag of leaves.

A truism that Joe Public will continue to be oblivious of despite the fact that many onscreen people are truly simple people - lovely, sometimes, but simple. This is not to say that Welles wasn't an awful and rude drunk, though.

by Anonymousreply 31708/16/2013

(312) my son worked with dakota on his first film and she was nothing but polite and kind.

by Anonymousreply 31812/03/2013

R301 and the wife in question was of course Rula Lenska, minor DL icon. They were often in the tabloids here and always described as having a "stormy" relationship. Actually sounded quite exciting apart from when Dennis got handsy.

by Anonymousreply 31912/03/2013

Reese Witherspoon

by Anonymousreply 32012/03/2013

Shocking about Rula Lenska.

by Anonymousreply 32103/16/2014

ooh where to begin?

Alex Pettyfer - was so hated by the cast of Magic Mike they left him off the promotional advertising.

Maggie G - She out did Val Kilmer in attitude making the batman moive they were in. She was hated so much they cut 50% of her scenes.

Christina Aguilera - the crew on the voice are not allowed to talk to or even look at her. Cher did not like her one bit during Burlesque because she treated the crew like shit.

RIta Moreno - Berated a flight attendant who dared to call her Rita, demanding she be called Ms. Moreno.

Lindsay Lohan - Paul Schrader publicly claimed he was finally free of Lindsay when the shooting of The canyons was done and she failed to show up to Cannes after promising to do so. He went on to describe in articles, interviews and print what a nightmare she was to work with.

Goopy Paltrow - Legendary snob.

Teri Hatcher - it seems she is well liked the first year of any show she is on then hated at the end. When her career was dead and she was doing Radio Shack commercials with Howie Long, she was such a primadonna even Howie ended up hating her.

Barbra Streisand - she calls it being a perfectionist but everyone else who works with her calls it being a giant bitch.

Famke Jannsen - mostly more impressed with herself than anyone else.

Sharon Stone - convinced it is her age that is holding her back from getting an oscar - puts herself in the same category as Streep and Close. The reason she does not get hired is because she is a huge cunt and a horrible actress. Got an award from france and wore it to the opening of an envelope for a year straight.

by Anonymousreply 32203/16/2014

That's disappointing to hear about Famke Jansen.

by Anonymousreply 32303/17/2014

There are probably nastier people in TV land than film people.

by Anonymousreply 32403/17/2014

Mel Gibson is in the top ten.

by Anonymousreply 32503/18/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 32603/18/2014

[quote]unless you're rich and famous and can do something for him.

That's how some people work their way to stardom.

by Anonymousreply 32703/18/2014

I liked Reese Witherspoon until that police run in she had when her husband was charged with DWI.

What arrogance. Total turn off. "Uh, do you know WHO I AM because you're about to find out ?"

by Anonymousreply 32803/18/2014

This may already be in the James Franco Thanksgiving thread, but Julia Roberts is a bitch to staff in press junkets. You can see some of it leak when she is unhappy or high. If you are another actor fine, but to non-celebrities, she and Reese Witherspoon are two of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 32903/18/2014

Based on anecdotes told to me by family members in the biz, the following were the worst: -Nic Cage -Jennifer Aniston -Demi Moore -Gwyneth P -Gary Busey (not playing with a full deck) -Kelly Preston -Sean Penn -Jenna Elfman -Mariah Carey -Ellen DeGeneres -Jonah Hill

by Anonymousreply 33002/22/2015

r330--who was the worst onthat list accoding to them?

by Anonymousreply 33102/22/2015

four-way-tie between Cage (whackadoo), Preston (thinks she's an A-lister because she's "married" to one, a complete bitch on wheels), Elfman (psycho) and Demi Moore (whackadoo)

I'll also add to that list: -Ben Stiller (ugh) -Lady Gaga -Bieber (spoiled brat) -Jennifer Garner -Kris Jenner -Jill Scott -Anita Baker

by Anonymousreply 33202/22/2015

Thanks r330/r332. Ben Stiller I have heard stories about his behavior way back in the 90's, but Jill Scott and Gaga are surprising since they are "all about their fans". What did those two do?

by Anonymousreply 33302/22/2015

Hm. That's the first I've seen Aniston on a list for being difficult. What'd she do?

by Anonymousreply 33402/22/2015

Roseanne used to burst into the writers' room and fart on scripts to show her disdain.

Sean Penn would beat the shit out of Maria Bello but she'd keep coming back for more.

Tim Robbins would hit on everyone's wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc. No shame, no class.

Kevin Spacey is basically the gay Robbins. On the set of Usual Suspects, he convinced Bryan Singer's barely 18 y.o. boyfriend to hold his balls while he masturbated in his trailer. Singer and the rest of the cast deplored him.

by Anonymousreply 33502/22/2015

Roseanne had the power to fart on command? That's amazing!

by Anonymousreply 33602/22/2015

I've worked with literally hundreds of famous folks and they have their good days and bad. The difference between them and us is when we're curt or cranky or distant, nobody tells their friends what dicks we are.

That said, there is a level of sheer fucking craziness (personality disorders, etc) in Hollywood that I can't imagine would be tolerated in other industries.

And for what it's worth, I've found the most outspokenly "liberal" pro-prolateriat celebs (Streisand, Sean Penn, Garofalo) are downright nasty/dismissive to their fans and crews while the repugs (Mel Gibson, Adam Sandler, Patricia Heaton) are overwhelmingly kind and gracious. Heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 33702/22/2015

There's a podcast of Kevin Pollak and Rainn Wilson. Pollak hates McBongo and both he and Wilson had worked with him. Pollak was pushing Wilson to criticize Mc. Wilson criticised Mc's big entourage including his asshole brother who got beaten up in a bar fight. Very amusing. Otherwise, all Wilson could come up with was Mc was too beautiful, he hooked up with Penelope Cruz and they looked like a couple of Greek gods and Mc had a personal chef whipping up sushi for him in Morocco. Wilson said Mc's a really nice guy. Wilson asks Pollak how horrible Mc was, causing Pollak to hate him and Pollak admitted he's a sweet, very gentle guy and then goes into a diatribe about Mc's crappy Oscar speech and how crazy Mc must be.

Very weird. Pollak must be a real asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33802/22/2015

No one's mentioned Helen Hunt. I've never heard even one remotely pleasant story about her.

by Anonymousreply 33902/22/2015

Has Katherine Hiegel or however you spell her name been behaving herself on that series of hers?

by Anonymousreply 34002/22/2015

I have a Helen Hunt story for you. The movie Twister was filmed in the Ames, Iowa area (home of Iowa State University) and I have a couple friends who lived there at the time. They said Bill Paxton got along great with the crew and the many locals they hired as extras. He hated Helen Hunt and used to call her Helen Cuh-Hunt to all the cast and crew, who all heartily agreed with the moniker. She was utterly despised by the locals, too. Apparently they had hired some as gophers on the set. Helen Hunt was so awful that they couldn't find one who could last all the way through the shoot. They finally had to bring in someone from Hollywood to do the job because the locals wouldn't put up with her.

by Anonymousreply 34102/22/2015

on the flip side who are the nicest stars, especially the BIGGEST STARS who are the nicest? anyone have first hand experience or knowledge?

or is it a matter of this being a oxymoron, meaning being a HUGE movie or tv star and being at the same SUPER NICE to everyone does not compute?

what is everyone's definition of being nice anyway? just curious...

by Anonymousreply 34202/22/2015

Taylor Schilling is rumored to be a racist.

by Anonymousreply 34302/22/2015

[quote]Roseanne had the power to fart on command? That's amazing!

I fart in your general direction!

by Anonymousreply 34402/22/2015

Back when Premiere MAgazine was still around, they used to do a fantastic Oscar Behind The Scenes Expose every year. Basically they would do the column during Oscar Time but it would be the Oscar telecast of the prior year. It was really excellent behind the scenes stuff. The article I refer to is the year that Helen HUnt was a presenter for Best Actor (it was the year after she won, so this was the late nineties?)

Anyway, she came across as the nastiest CUNT alive. Total bitch.

I never looked at her the same way again and have never read a nice thing..

by Anonymousreply 34502/22/2015

"Taylor Schilling is rumored to be a racist."

Spill the tea on this one, please.

by Anonymousreply 34602/22/2015

Are you sure you aren't confusing her with Verne Schillinger?

by Anonymousreply 34702/22/2015

[quote]Taylor Schilling is rumored to be a racist.

So is Reese "do you know who I am?" Witherspoon. She's rumored to loathe black people and to not want any in her movies. She's a Southern belle type from Tennessee though, so I'd surprised if she wasn't a racist.

by Anonymousreply 34802/22/2015

Some of the stories shared above could be just one off situations, e.g. someone having a bad time. Especially when it involves private situations (there is really no good excuse for being unprofessional). While others seemed to have a consistently bad reputation from several sources across a period of time.

by Anonymousreply 34902/22/2015

I don't think she's much of a actress, but I've dealt with Aniston on several occasions for my job which often involves celebrity charity events. She was always a pro and did the "heavy lifting" others wouldn't - meeting people without cameras or press- specifically cancer patients. Always stayed beyond her agreed to time if there were people to see and had a genuine good attitude to everyone. I was cynical about her going in, but have nothing but good things to say about her.

Worst to deal with on charity work? Paltrow. Kind in front of the cameras and press a a self-important prima donna when they're gone. Total bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35002/22/2015

R348, Sounds like my kind of gal!

by Anonymousreply 35102/22/2015

R348 Witherspoon was in a very good movie this year called The Good Lie about Sudanese refugees and she played a supporting role, wasn't the White Savior and got the film funded. Odd behavior for a racist.

by Anonymousreply 35202/22/2015

Ellen is horrible and entitled. My friend worked on her show and said she is a nightmare, a hunty, and thinks her shit don't stink.

She is snobby and aloof to her staff and all the little people.

Another Leona Helmsely in the making.

And now she is on HGTV and the shopping channel and she is flipping houses and developing sitcoms?

Is she trying to be the white Oprah? She is annoying and her humor is so so so lame.

by Anonymousreply 35302/22/2015

[quote]on the flip side who are the nicest stars, especially the BIGGEST STARS who are the nicest? anyone have first hand experience or knowledge?

Sigourney Weaver is a doll. Very friendly, down-to-earth, and gorgeous. Will sit and talk with you like you've been best friends for years.

John Lithgow. Same as Sigourney, but not as gorgeous.

Barbra Streisand is always mentioned here in these nasty-celeb threads. I've had a number encounters with her and each time she was very kind and friendly. I don't get the hate for her.

by Anonymousreply 35402/22/2015

Not really a big star but .. I worked on a very popular soap and they were bringing on more color to the show (ie they were bringing on a black family). One of the actresses was supposed to have a romance with one of the new black actors. She went to the top brass and told them in no uncertain terms, she was from the south and that would just not work for her or her fan base. Her family did not want to see her in that type of romance...she pulled every card except for "I will not kiss a black man.." Yeah this was 1994 not 1964...but she got her way and the black family they brought on..quickly got brushed off.

by Anonymousreply 35502/22/2015

Which network, R355?

by Anonymousreply 35602/22/2015

Bullshit R355

by Anonymousreply 35702/22/2015

I've heard locals can't stand Kelly or John Travolta. Apparently they expect everyone in the world to act like willing shit eaters, the way people in Hollywood do.

by Anonymousreply 35802/22/2015

Patricia Arquette.

by Anonymousreply 35902/22/2015

by Anonymousreply 36003/10/2015

Meryl is a total psycho, she stabs people in the back all the time. She'll send hate-mail to people on set she doesn't like. Once she even posted her own shit to the director. Awful two faced woman.

by Anonymousreply 36103/10/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!