Join the Bitchfest >>

Want the REAL poop on why "Dr. Hahn", Brooke Smith, was fired from "GREY''S ANATOMY''?

She cant act and she's a bitch. Some believe she is deeply troubled. Sara Ramirez, a magical actress with astounding pathos and dead-on comic timing, HATED working with her, much less kissing her. Smith, clueless and unreliable and without apparent ability, would act like she hated kissing a woman, stopping taping to "get herself ready" then, after ten lousy takes, act like she'd done Ramirez, and the show, a big favor.

Ms. Smith has a habit, apparently, when she gets work, which is rarely -- and almost always the result of her mother being the most powerful casting agent in Hollywood -- of immediately alienating co-workers with her bizarre behavior and weird emotional bullshit, all supposedly her way of "preparing". Crying jags. Imagined attacks. Deep paranoia. More than once she has accused male actors of touching her inappropriately. GAY male actors.

As a stage actress in New York, she had some success, but was as often fired, more often "quit", and left at least one high profile project due to "artistic differences".

Smith is a tall woman with a deep voice, odd eyes, and can make an interesting first impression. The problem is, as Rhimes often said in meetings, was that what you saw was what you got. There was no one home. She had one facial expression. Her line readings were flat. She had no comic timing. The camera did not like her face. Lighting was difficult.

Her fellow actors on "Grey's" were seen, all too often, rolling their eyes, sighing, trying to both hide and communicate their frustration. Rhimes, busy with her spin-off, but hating Smith's dalies from day one, was finally made aware of Smith's emotional problems.

One director on "Grey's" had to give Smith actual line readings, in front of other cast members, which, understandably, upset her, but, you have to get the scene and Smith was incapable of taking even the simplest emotional direction so, when instructed on how to say a line, she would cry, stomp off, call Mommy...

Add to that the fact that she's personally unhinged, insanely insecure, yet, perhaps because of who her mother is, polluted with a pathological sense of entitlement, and you have quite a problem. A problem that, with no talent to back it up, became paramount.

Shonda Rhimes wanted a surprising lesbian storyline, and good for her, but the reaction, even on set, to Smith's sexual scenes and dialogue, even her simple kissing scenes, came off as, rather than charmingly outrageous or surprisingly flirty, as disturbing and uncomfortable. As one cast member said: "Icky."

Dr. Hahn was to have a complicated storyline involving Ramirez and then, when their affair became known, hospital politics, but Rhimes and the cast, loathing Smith personally and all too aware of her limitations as an actress, decided to just, without even a proper explanation, cut her loose.

--Anonymous
replies 218Nov 8, 2008 2:12 AM +00:00

Brooke Smith was the girl in the hole in Silence Of The Lambs. "It will eat what I tell it to eat!", or something like that.

--Anonymous
replies 1Nov 8, 2008 2:14 AM +00:00

If LOIS Smith is the Mommy, Rhymes better be sleeping with one eye open...

--Anonymous
replies 2Nov 8, 2008 2:15 AM +00:00

Rhimes releasd a statement like "Sara Ramirez is an amazing actress and her chemistry with Smith wasn't what we'd hoped."

Oops.

--Anonymous
replies 3Nov 8, 2008 2:17 AM +00:00

Lois Smith is a retired publicist, not a casting agent.

--Anonymous
replies 4Nov 8, 2008 3:02 AM +00:00

so who IS her mother?

link to her mother's casting agency webpage?

--Anonymous
replies 5Nov 8, 2008 3:06 AM +00:00

She was also in Series 7: The Contenders, a wonderfully sick satire of Survivor.

--Anonymous
replies 6Nov 8, 2008 3:07 AM +00:00

Where's that "scoop" from, OP? I heard ABC told Rhimes to get rid of Smith. At least, that's the story E! was trying to sell.

--Anonymous
replies 7Nov 8, 2008 3:09 AM +00:00

Do you have the real poop on something that matters?

--Anonymous
replies 8Nov 8, 2008 3:11 AM +00:00

If she was as awful as the OP implies then why did it take so long to get rid of her? It just seems a bit of a coincidence that the gay character disappears cause the actress is too much trouble.

--Anonymous
replies 9Nov 8, 2008 3:16 AM +00:00

"what you saw was what you got" is usually meant as a compliment registering genuineness, not as a disparagement registering superficiality.

Other than that I'd give this piece a B.

--Anonymous
replies 10Nov 8, 2008 3:17 AM +00:00

If this is true and the cast all hate her, why did Patrick Dempsey act all passive-aggressive and weird on Ellen as if he was really pissed at the executives for letting her go? Plus as R4 points out, it doesn't gel.

--Anonymous
replies 11Nov 8, 2008 3:28 AM +00:00

I've really liked Brooke Smith in everything I've seen her do. She's wonderful in WEEDS and I've seen her stage work. She's really grounded and does have, despite what the OP says, comic timing.

--Anonymous
replies 12Nov 8, 2008 3:34 AM +00:00

The story on E was the ABC suits were very uncomfortable with lesbian storyline and told Rhimes to 86 it. The weird thing was, even this explanation seems like bullshit to me. But in the wake of the prop 8 backlash, and given the kind of history that Greys's Anatomy has with anti-gay controversy with the whole Isaiah Washington mess, I can't imagine the E! story is going to down very well. So now this story appears so I'm really curious as to who's putting it out and why.

--Anonymous
replies 13Nov 8, 2008 3:35 AM +00:00

Brooke Smith is a FANTASTIC actress. This is bullshit.

--Anonymous
replies 14Nov 8, 2008 3:55 AM +00:00

How big was Denny Duquette's cock?

--Anonymous
replies 15Nov 8, 2008 4:11 AM +00:00

"Sara Ramirez, a magical actress with astounding pathos and dead-on comic timing"

Mrs. Ramirez, quit posting about your daughter.

--Anonymous
replies 16Nov 8, 2008 5:17 AM +00:00

As goes the presidency so goes the culture of the nation.

Girl on girl sex is only titillating under a fratboy presidency. Now that the adults are back in charge there will be an unexpected change in the culture. I mean Obama is a middle class guy with two young daughters to raise and he is naturally sober, not sober because he found Jesus. The Obama presidency and the culture of America as a whole will take a turn toward a "new Eisenhower era." Gaydom will be a little more tolerated than in the 1950s but gay marriage is not going make advances and no more gaysex on television. I voted for Obama and if this is what we have to take to get rid of George W. Bush I'm down with that. Hell, a little restraint might be good for the culture overall.

--Anonymous
replies 17Nov 8, 2008 5:48 AM +00:00

Focus groups hated her and the lesbian relationship, and both factors were seriously impacting the appeal of the Ramirez, who heretofore had always tested very well.

That's the bottom line.

--Anonymous
replies 18Nov 8, 2008 5:52 AM +00:00

"Sara Ramirez is an amazing actress and her chemistry with Smith wasn't what we'd hoped."

I'm sorry, but Sara Ramirez stinks. She has about 3 expressions that she can do. Even for TV standards she's subpar. And you have to be an utter moron to say that Brooke Smith can't act. Either that or you have never seen Smith on stage or in films.

--Anonymous
replies 19Nov 8, 2008 5:59 AM +00:00

"It just seems a bit of a coincidence that the gay character disappears cause the actress is too much trouble."

If the story is true, I'm not surprised that they would ditch the character instead of just bringing in another actress to play her. Other than the Becky switch on Roseanne (which itself was played for laughs and a wink of the eye to Bewitched), I don't think it's very common anymore in series TV to pull those Darren/Darren-type switches when actors vacate roles. I don't know if networks deem it too hokey now or feel audiences just wouldn't accept it, but it's far more par for the course nowadays that the character will simply be written out.

--Anonymous
replies 20Nov 8, 2008 6:03 AM +00:00

"Girl on girl sex is only titillating under a fratboy presidency."

Greetings from the planet Utopia.

It's an election, not mass hypnosis. Hooter to hooter will always mean something to the stright guys, no matter who's in the white house.

--Anonymous
replies 21Nov 8, 2008 6:03 AM +00:00

"Sara Ramirez, a magical actress with astounding pathos and dead-on comic timing"

Miss Ramirez, you really have a lot of nerve writing this hit job on your costar. Magical? You overplayed your hand shamelessly.

And, really, the bit about having a face that is difficult to light for TV shows an appalling lack of introspection, dear.

--The Prophetess
replies 22Nov 8, 2008 6:05 AM +00:00

Is Brooke Smith a Mormon?

Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 23Nov 8, 2008 6:09 AM +00:00

op, are you the same ABC insider who posted the Marcia Cross story on DL years ago?

--Anonymous
replies 24Nov 8, 2008 6:11 AM +00:00

The whole thing seems weird to me but there is one thing from Brooke Smith's side that might lend this theory a little credence. When she was interviewed about being let go, she said she was the one to tell Sara - and that Sara was so shocked it took her several days to get back to her.

What? The first time I read that, it struck me as odd. Your co-star who you spend hours with almost every day tells you she was fired and you don't get back to her for days? Either Sara is extremely busy and VERY into her own world to not even have five minutes and the basic consideration to call and express her regrets, or Sara was actually glad and didn't know how to respond.

So, to hear this begins to make Sara's reaction a little more understandable.

--Anonymous
replies 25Nov 8, 2008 6:23 AM +00:00

What's the source of your information, op?

--Anonymous
replies 26Nov 8, 2008 6:33 AM +00:00

Fired for being a bitch?

No way!

--Ellen Parker
replies 27Nov 8, 2008 6:43 AM +00:00

This is bullshit. Smith is a far better actress than Ramirez. I guess that's not much of a compliment.

--K. Heigl
replies 28Nov 8, 2008 6:53 AM +00:00

"She cant act and she's a bitch."

That didn't stop Victoria Principal.

--Anonymous
replies 29Nov 8, 2008 6:58 AM +00:00

She's got 'crazy eyes'!

remote.lohudblogs.com
--Anonymous
replies 30Nov 8, 2008 7:00 AM +00:00

I liked Brooke in Crossing Jordan as well. I think it will take a while before we know the real story. We'll get different versions of why and then we will get the truth.

--Anonymous
replies 31Nov 8, 2008 7:03 AM +00:00

Wow. What unbelievably dishonest and nasty spin, confirming "Grey's Anatomy" as home to the ugliest set of vipers in network TV. Check out the reviews for Louis Malle's "Vanya on 42nd Street" if you want to know if Brooke Smith can act.

The fish rots from the head. So ask yourself why everything Shonda Rhimes oversees quickly turns into the Nixon White House.

--Anonymous
replies 32Nov 8, 2008 7:04 AM +00:00

Bulllllshit OP.

Ramirez is a moderate actress, and barely attractive. She should stick to Broadway.

Hahn was one of he best and most interesting characters on the show, and Smith FAR outshined everyone except for Sandra Oh, acting-wise.

I haven't seen anything where I haven't been impressed by her abilities.

Comic timing my ass.

I don't know what axe you have to grind OP, but Brooke Smith is a gifted actress, and they should have worked around whatever problems they had with her to keep her on.

--Anonymous
replies 33Nov 8, 2008 7:05 AM +00:00

I liked it OP!

--Anonymous
replies 34Nov 8, 2008 7:05 AM +00:00

If she was so horrible, why did they even start the storyline with Callie?

Hahn was a regular all last season so they had plenty of time to get rid of her before starting a heavily promoted storyline.

--Anonymous
replies 35Nov 8, 2008 7:31 AM +00:00

I call bullshit.

She appeared several times as a sweeps week guest star and then they promoted her to a regular cast member.

Wouldn't they have gotten a glimpse of her personality the many times she guest starred on the show in years previous?

--Anonymous
replies 36Nov 8, 2008 7:41 AM +00:00

If she was really fired for the OP's reasons then why has abc given the cast a gag order?

--Anonymous
replies 37Nov 8, 2008 7:45 AM +00:00

R32: Momma Smith.

--Anonymous
replies 38Nov 8, 2008 12:35 PM +00:00

OP is lying. If Rhimes hated her dailies from day one, then why did they keep asking her back as a guest star, and then promote her to a regular?

--Anonymous
replies 39Nov 8, 2008 12:46 PM +00:00

Nobody gives a shit about the obligatory lesbian doctor story on medical drama shows anymore.

--Anonymous
replies 40Nov 8, 2008 12:51 PM +00:00

OP here. This is a gossip site, right? My main motivation for the post was to dispel the rumor that Smith s canned because the nets didn't like the lesbian story-line. Not true. They have another one coming up via Meredith's friend who will be into guys and gals. With everyone going crazy cause of prop 8, and all the gay shit that's gone down on the show, I wanted to make it crystal clear what happened and why. This "It was a big surprise to me" crap makes it seem like the suits didn't like the girl-on-girl lovin' and pulled the plug. Nope. They ENCOURAGED the lesbic antics, they just didn't like Smith. As an actress and as a person. Her Q rating blew and focus groups disliked her intensely. We know, via "House" and many other shows, that dislikable characters can be very much liked by audiences. They can be audience favorites. Didn't happen here. Smith doesn't have the chops, the charisma, the humor. Smith's gigantic negs were pulling down Ramirez' positives. Smith she was rated in the highest numbers as being "unlikable", "unattractive" and scored astonishingly low on "looking forward to see what happens with her character", by focus auds and was, on set, a major pain.

On THAT set, it's one too many divas. Believe me, it's not a happy set. Everyone, at this point, is in it for themselves. Except for the exemplary Oh and the utter sweetheart Knight, who are the class acts of the "operation". Loved by cast, crew, nets, auds, everyone. Their likables are through the roof.

Prepare for Knight's role to expand, thank God, as he is a truly gifted actor who has been given damn little to do after his Romance With Blondie debacle... He's actually a classically trained stage actor who can do much more than puppy-dog up abd doen the hallways.

Oh should be dominating the show right now, she's the superior actor, the only one capable of Oscar-worthy performances, should she be given the chance, adored by audiences, loved by the nets, everything, but Rhimes is a control freak and she wants to TELL you who to like, who to watch, who to focus on.

And, yes, Heigl is and was being punished for so actively persuing a movie career AND for being a bit of a diva herself, although the minute you like her the least is the second she gets you laughing ad loving her.

So, that's that. Smith not fired by netties because of dyke storyline. Fired because she sucks, was hated by audiences and her fellow actors, and was driving everyone crazy with her emotional instability.

Trust me, there was a group cheer following the revelation that she'd exited the hospital for good.

--Anonymous
replies 41Nov 8, 2008 12:54 PM +00:00

Brooke Smith is an excellent actress in my opinion. She was great in Weeds. This sounds like someone with an axe to grind.

--Anonymous
replies 42Nov 8, 2008 12:58 PM +00:00

I know that what op is saying is true.

--Anonymous
replies 43Nov 8, 2008 1:03 PM +00:00

OP/R41, how do you know this? And don't try to sell "I'm close to the production", because your bullshit is stinking from a mile away. Brooke Smith was a recurring character long before she became a regular, so your story just doesn't pass muster.

Put up or shut up.

--Anonymous
replies 44Nov 8, 2008 1:04 PM +00:00

"Uncle Vanya", a movie 14 people saw, was released, what, fifteen years ago?

--Anonymous
replies 45Nov 8, 2008 1:04 PM +00:00

We say we want gossip, we want names. Well this is what I come here for. More please!

--Anonymous
replies 46Nov 8, 2008 1:06 PM +00:00

Please, r32, she SUCKS in Vanya on 42nd Street, which is otherwise (still) one of the greatest movies ever made.

--Anonymous
replies 47Nov 8, 2008 1:07 PM +00:00

Brooke Smith may be a bitch, but aside from Sandra Oh, she had the best acting chops on that lousy show. And given what a cartoon Grey's Anatomy is, Shonda Rhimes wouldn't know quality if it bit her on the ass.

R45, go back to the multiplex to watch "Role Models" again, OK? Smith was terrific on "Weeds", and that was last year. Asshole.

--Anonymous
replies 48Nov 8, 2008 1:09 PM +00:00

Op is full of shit and some abc pr wonk

--Anonymous
replies 49Nov 8, 2008 1:09 PM +00:00

I can usually tell that a post is reliable gossip when it inspires immediate, rabid negative responses from people calling it bullshit and demanding to know the source.

--Anonymous
replies 50Nov 8, 2008 1:24 PM +00:00

We need specific stories, this is all too vague and sounds like fan fiction.

--Anonymous
replies 51Nov 8, 2008 1:28 PM +00:00

R50, can't you read? People are calling bullshit because if Smith were that crazy, untalented and impossible to work with, then why have her on the show for so long and make her a regular?

--Anonymous
replies 52Nov 8, 2008 1:33 PM +00:00

Okay OP say we believe you? Care to explain then why the press has printed that the new Sadie character has been rewritten to be straight and not bisexual? If it was infact only Smith the problem then why get rid of all the gay?

--Anonymous
replies 53Nov 8, 2008 1:34 PM +00:00

I agree, R50. It sounds right.

--Anonymous
replies 54Nov 8, 2008 1:39 PM +00:00

I have worked with Brooke and she is indeed a nutbag. That's al I'm sayin'.

--Anonymous
replies 55Nov 8, 2008 1:41 PM +00:00

r53 is right that the new character who was supposed to be bi has been fully heterofied.

--Anonymous
replies 56Nov 8, 2008 1:46 PM +00:00

OP here. I'm off to wiser pastures. Just wanted those of you who were getting all "ABC CUTS THE DYKE" about this that there were clearly other factors at work. I am not an exec. Much of what I "know" was told to me by good friends on the show. People I've known for years. None of the actors, who are all very gay-positive and gay-sensitive because of the "homo" fiasco, believe that Smith, who I personally have no strong opinion about, was fired because the net was homophobic. I thought you'd want to know.

Further, I am privy to lots of fun inside stuff, but you people are far too lame to waste it on. I can see why no one posts any really juicy stuff here. Why bother? From now on, I'll keep what I know to myself. Peace.

--Anonymous
replies 57Nov 8, 2008 1:48 PM +00:00

Can we have more gossip on the GA actors? Is Heigl really such a huge bitch on set? And why wasn't she fired?

--Anonymous
replies 58Nov 8, 2008 1:49 PM +00:00

I think she was cut because she was being a dyke and she was not pretty. Men like pretty dykes.

--Anonymous
replies 59Nov 8, 2008 1:50 PM +00:00
They have another one coming up via Meredith's friend who will be into guys and gals.

Actually, that story line with new cast member Melissa George has been scrapped. Melissa's character was supposed to be bi, but they've now made her straight.

Do the math. ABC=hates gays.

--Anonymous
replies 60Nov 8, 2008 1:51 PM +00:00

OP, you would have been more believable if you started by saying that she was a 'bitch' and cut out the 'she can't act'. Some of us can judge an actor's performance and she's far from a horrible actress.

Also, if you hadn't oversold how 'magical' Sara Ramirez is as an actress, we could have bought the b.s. Alas, only fangirls or someone who write's PR blurbs would ever go on and on about a tv actresses' ability.

Just trying to help you for next time you're trying to sell a story.

My guess, reason the actress was fired was due to audience homophobia and the actress being considered old (she's over 40) and not movie star attractive (she's plain, at best average looking).

--Anonymous
replies 61Nov 8, 2008 1:54 PM +00:00

ABC doesn't hate gays. They had teenage boys making out on Desperate Housewives nearly every episode of season two.

But I do think when it comes to lesbians on TV, there's a certain "type" execs want to see, and Brooke just wasn't it.

--Anonymous
replies 62Nov 8, 2008 2:03 PM +00:00

OP if you do by chance come back, please know that a lot of us appreciate the inside scoop, we need more on this board, and I believe your post (for a cuple of reasons I won't go into)

BUT if you think you won't get flamed here, you haven't been on DL much....

--Anonymous
replies 63Nov 8, 2008 2:03 PM +00:00

ABC is all about the money. They don't want to rock the boat by having a storyline involving two plain looking women in a lesbian relationship.

Young men don't care for complex female characters, much less average lesbians. Fraus don't want shows that move away from the het.

Straight women who aren't traditional will support lesbian storylines but no one cares about non-discriminatory straight women. In addition, I'm guessing that fraus and homophobic men sent inflammatory emails and messages to the network. Those who supported the storyline likely didn't even consider emailing the network, thanking them from the story.

--Anonymous
replies 64Nov 8, 2008 2:32 PM +00:00

Aw come on, r63. Help the OP prove their story is true and spill what you know.

--Anonymous
replies 65Nov 8, 2008 2:36 PM +00:00

for a cuple of reasons I won't go into

Is one of those reasons that it's bullshit r63?

--Anonymous
replies 66Nov 8, 2008 2:39 PM +00:00

I was a huge fan of the Callie/Hahn pairing, and I have to admit, that something seemed off between Smith and Ramirez in a few of their scenes. I thought that perhaps they had a falling out and it was visible through their performances. And Smith often talked up how muh she enjoyed working with and even kissing Sara. In fact, she often came across as having a little girlcrush on her co-star.

Smith herself has claimed in an interview that the idea of playing a heart surgeon made her a little neurotic, but only because she wanted to give an honest portrayal, and she wasn't a real doctor. She wanted the portrayal to ring true.

I don't buy the poor actress thing, nor the lack of comedic timing. I have seen several of her performances, in totally different genres, and her acting is always brilliant. She was stunning, both physically and professionall in "The Broken Giant".

--Anonymous
replies 67Nov 8, 2008 2:48 PM +00:00

"Prepare for Knight's role to expand, thank God, as he is a truly gifted actor who has been given damn little to do after his Romance With Blondie debacle... He's actually a classically trained stage actor who can do much more than puppy-dog up abd doen the hallways."

This fan-boy nonsense undermines your central thesis, sir.

--Anonymous
replies 68Nov 8, 2008 3:14 PM +00:00

Good for Knight, but the George character is horrible. His character is actually the biggest asshole onthe show, and is played as mentally handicapped.

--Anonymous
replies 69Nov 8, 2008 3:24 PM +00:00

Note that OP leaves as soon as people point out the flaws in her story and ask for an explanation.

--Anonymous
replies 70Nov 8, 2008 3:28 PM +00:00

What I want to know is why did the official site remove every trace of Brooke Smith and the character Erica Hahn from their website as soon as her last episode aired? Even Burke/IW's crap stayed up for months after he was fired.

OP's story is just as ridiculous as the rumors going around that this was: 1) all an elaborate publicity stunt to enhance sweeps ratings and the actress is already back at work, or 2) she needed time off to travel to Africa to finalize the adoption of her Ethiopian daughter and they wanted to get people talking about the storyline to help gain sympathy for Hahn's character, or 3)where ABC did this, and timed it to come out just before the election in an attempt to cause enough outrage to defeat Prop 8.Since that failed, they will claim fan reaction brought the character back. Oh, and 4) Sara Ramirez quit in protest and will be gone after Feb Sweeps.

ABC did this because they don't want lesbians getting busy on their network, especially if the actresses look like women, instead of underfed children.

--Anonymous
replies 71Nov 8, 2008 3:32 PM +00:00

Typical troll.

Instead of answering people who are questioning your account, you stomp off in a huff.

She can't act? Nope. Sorry. Wrong answer.

--Ben, video star
replies 72Nov 8, 2008 3:32 PM +00:00

Boycott Utah.

Boycott Mormons.

Boycott ABC.

--Anonymous
replies 73Nov 8, 2008 3:54 PM +00:00

Hey OP,

I appreciate you posting what gossip you hear.

Thanks.

Any other scoop on people in hollywood?

--Anonymous
replies 74Nov 8, 2008 4:01 PM +00:00

Sandra Oh cannot act. She is terrible and the main reason I don't watch the show.

Sandra Oh is the Asian Deborah Messing.

--Nicky Nicardo
replies 75Nov 8, 2008 4:16 PM +00:00

As a Grey's Anatomy watcher, I can see that Brooke Smith's character didn't really connect with the audience. But isn't that Shonda's fault? I mean, even as far as the gay storyline is concerned, we've seen Callie struggle, deal with Sloan, etc., but we've seen nothing of Hahn's internal processes other than what she says to Callie. We also know absolutely nothing about what motivates Hahn apart from the gay thing -- last season, there was a whole storyline about how she hated Christina, but as far as I know there was never any actual explanation given for this -- just random, unexplained hatred. The character wasn't very nice, and her motivations were unexplained -- any surprise the audience didn't connect?

--Anonymous
replies 76Nov 8, 2008 4:16 PM +00:00

Thanks for the goss, OP. I never bought the ABC/phobe story because they're the most gay positive major network. Smith's character was mean and seemed out of place on the show. Love lezzies, but Smith sucked.

--Anonymous
replies 77Nov 8, 2008 4:25 PM +00:00

OK, does this thread seem like the OP is responding favorably to their own posts, pretending to be another poster? Or is that too obvious?

--Anonymous
replies 78Nov 8, 2008 4:28 PM +00:00

what r78 said.

--Anonymous
replies 79Nov 8, 2008 4:30 PM +00:00

Who's her girlfriend?

--Anonymous
replies 80Nov 8, 2008 4:31 PM +00:00

I believe the OP. Apparently people have never heard of someone's ego getting out of control as their part is expanded. She was probably well-behaved in the first season but as her role expanded this year, the diva shit began.

--Anonymous
replies 81Nov 8, 2008 4:38 PM +00:00

Diva-ish? Maybe. Psychotic and unable to act? Don't buy it.

--Anonymous
replies 82Nov 8, 2008 4:53 PM +00:00

She was on the show for 24 episodes over two years. If she was a lousy actress with psychotic tendancies, even those idiots at GA would have been able to figure it out. Hell, they have an alcoholic actor who goes on benders every once in a while and they haven't fired him.

I also agree with r78. Yeah, OP's game is pretty obvious.

--Anonymous
replies 83Nov 8, 2008 5:05 PM +00:00

Try harder next time OP

--Anonymous
replies 84Nov 8, 2008 5:06 PM +00:00

"Rhimes, busy with her spin-off, but hating Smith's dalies from day one, was finally made aware of Smith's emotional problems."

It took Rhimes 3 SEASONS to deal with an actress whom she hated from day one? Never knew show runners were this slow when dealing with problems.

--Anonymous
replies 85Nov 8, 2008 5:15 PM +00:00

Think. Think. Think harder.

--Anonymous
replies 86Nov 8, 2008 5:57 PM +00:00

Exactly, r85. Especially surprising is Rhimes would promote Smith to a regular, since this is someone she "hated" from day one.

--Anonymous
replies 87Nov 8, 2008 6:12 PM +00:00

Research is our friend, OP>

I always heard that Smith was a bit rebellious growing up, so I seriously doubt she would run crying to mama Lois about getting parts. In fact, didn't she get a realtor's liscence in NYC prior to getting Grey's because she was getting out of the business?

And with all this free publicity and public sympathy, she'll be on a new show no time. ABC's loss.

--Anonymous
replies 88Nov 8, 2008 6:28 PM +00:00

Just in the past two years she's been on Weeds, Grey's and Dirty Sexy Money. She won't have trouble finding work, but that's not really the point.

--Anonymous
replies 89Nov 8, 2008 7:51 PM +00:00

Private Practice is better anyway.

--Anonymous
replies 90Nov 8, 2008 10:26 PM +00:00

"They had teenage boys making out on Desperate Housewives nearly every episode of season two."

Good grief. They kissed in only a couple of episodes. And as you point out, that was back in season 2. What season is DH in now, r62.

I'm almost convinced that this is all damage control by ABC and what better place to get the ball rolling than on a gay message board.

As others have pointed out OP, why is the new character being de-gayed? Let's face it, ABC bowed to pressure from the religious right and homophobic audience members. I don't know how many anti-gay comments I've seen on the internet by "former" Grey's Anatomy viewers.

--Anonymous
replies 91Nov 8, 2008 10:50 PM +00:00

This is NOT damage control by ABC. You think they even know DL exists? You idiots. Flacks don't flack here. Why bother? It has seventeen members.

--Anonymous
replies 92Nov 9, 2008 12:24 AM +00:00

The OP lost me with the "I personally have no strong opinion about Smith" after all the OTT vitriolic ranting about her physical appearance, height, voice, etc. Not the kind of thing you say about someone you have no strong opinion about.

--Anonymous
replies 93Nov 9, 2008 2:56 AM +00:00

a 'magical' actress? WTF?

--Anonymous
replies 94Nov 9, 2008 3:08 AM +00:00

OP, if you have the guts to come back, is there any truth to the rumor that Smith got into an argument with Eric Dane over the Callie/Erica storyline and Ramirez sided with Dane, which caused friction between Smith and Ramirez?

--Anonymous
replies 95Nov 9, 2008 5:11 AM +00:00

I'm more inclined to believe Smith was a bad fit, which is apparent from watching any scene she's in as opposed to ABC being anti-gay with its trannies on Ugly Betty and Dirty Sexy Money, Lesbianca on AMC, gay son on Desperate Housewives and firing Isaiah Washington.

--Anonymous
replies 96Nov 9, 2008 5:15 AM +00:00

Smith has zero charm or personality and played the same beyotch on Weeds.

--Truth hurts, ladies
replies 97Nov 9, 2008 5:18 AM +00:00
Smith has zero charm or personality and played the same beyotch on Weeds.

And Crossing Jordan.

--Anonymous
replies 98Nov 9, 2008 5:28 AM +00:00

What does that have to do with anything? Angela Lansbury played bitches, witches and evil cunts for years before she went all cute and fuzzy in "Mame", Disney movies and "Murder She Wrote".

Try again.

--Anonymous
replies 99Nov 9, 2008 5:31 AM +00:00

Why would a series need three seasons to figure out a bad fit? That sounds like a load of shit.

Supernatural got rid of two actresses after appearing in 6-7 season episodes b/c it realized the actresses and/or characters were bad fits. Why would GA need three seasons and 24 episodes to come to a similar conclusion about an actress? And do it in the middle of a gay storyline? Obviously, things were fine before but once the gay story got rolling, ABC got cold feet b/c of feared backlash. Instead of firing the lousy writers, they fired the one person who wasn't responsible for the drecky writing or creation of the attempted ratings grabbing plot.

--Anonymous
replies 100Nov 9, 2008 5:33 AM +00:00

Brooke Smith is one of my favourite actreses. She was very memorable in Silence of The Lambs (singing Tom Petty!) and is terific in Series 7. She's always interesting, perhaps best cast as Toni Colette's best friend in In Her Shoes.

I watch thing just BECAUSE Brooke Smith is in them!

--Anonymous
replies 101Nov 9, 2008 5:45 AM +00:00

Yes, that's the film I forgot to mention, Series 7, r101!

She was great in that, and got great reviews.

OP is full of shit. Sara Ramirez is a limited Broadway belter, and her q ratings are zero. Give me a break. No one cares what happens to her character. She's not going to make it past this season.

All this bullshit about acting on a Shonda Rhimes cartoon just makes me giggle.

About the only real acting that came from this assorted ensemble of f list movie and stage actors was from Smith and Oh. The rest are having the peaks of their careers and won't go any further.

Puhleze OP, you have no idea what you are talking about.

--Anonymous
replies 102Nov 9, 2008 7:30 AM +00:00

"Smith, clueless and unreliable and without apparent ability, would act like she hated kissing a woman, stopping taping to "get herself ready" then, after ten lousy takes, act like she'd done Ramirez, and the show, a big favor."

You do know that Smith kissed Sandra Oh when they worked on Stop Kiss? If she could play lesbian love scenes live, in the theatre on a daily basis, I doubt she would have a problem doing it on a tv set.

--Anonymous
replies 103Nov 9, 2008 8:09 AM +00:00

You don't really expect us to believe that it took everyone involved THAT long to figure out they can't work with her?? She first appeared on the show 2 years ago, and was asked back repeatedly until they made the character a regular.

Dempsey on Ellen the other day gave me a completely different impression as far as how the cast feels about the whole deal, compared to what the op is saying. First, reading the statement from abc saying "this is what they want me to say...." and later when answering whether this is ok he saying "it is...for them". I'm sorry, but I think his opinion on the matter is pretty damn obvious, and nothing like what the op is claiming. Unless we're to believe that for some reason he's faking it. Who knows.

As for Brooke Smith's acting abilities, I can only say for myself that I've always liked her. I do think the writing for Hahn could've been better though.

--Anonymous
replies 104Nov 9, 2008 10:37 AM +00:00

Posted on the official site, taken from a LiveJournal comm. The original poster works for Big gay Media and received this in an email from a set source after it was announced that Smith had been fired:

"Brooke was fired cause she was too Gay and did not fit into the American TV idea of what a woman should look like.

Sara had filmed all her parts in 5.6 and was in NY when she received a message off of Brooke on her voicemail. She was shocked and outraged but due personal reasons was not able to get back to Brooke until she was back in LA when she went to see her (Brooke)

Sara quit straight away saying she couldn't stay on the show. However her contract states she has to give them a notice period. All actors do in Sara case it's 10 episodes. Including 5.7 this would mean she leaves 5.16.

TR was so appalled by the way it was handled he went home claiming he was ill. His scenes from 5.6 where cut.

None of the cast will be giving interviews they have all been gagged. The best we can hope for is a comment off of Sara when she leaves. ABC have given them all a pre prepared statement that they all have to give."

--Anonymous
replies 105Nov 9, 2008 1:51 PM +00:00

What? Brooke was too gay?

--Anonymous
replies 106Nov 9, 2008 2:02 PM +00:00

bump

--Anonymous
replies 107Nov 9, 2008 2:19 PM +00:00

TR was only in two short scenes that episode and PD made a big deal about pulling out the prepared statement when he was on Ellen this week.

I thinkthey meant that Brooke appears too gay, not that she is too gay...unless someone knows something I don't.

--Anonymous
replies 108Nov 9, 2008 2:26 PM +00:00

105, is that illiterate livejournal entry attributed to anyone?

--Anonymous
replies 109Nov 9, 2008 2:41 PM +00:00

109- no name given, but they work for a Big Gay Magazine in the UK. This was from their GA set source.

--Anonymous
replies 110Nov 9, 2008 2:47 PM +00:00

109 it was sent to the UK gay media

--Anonymous
replies 111Nov 9, 2008 2:51 PM +00:00

This does gel with reports of Sara looking for digs in NYC within the past two weeks.

It also explains Dempsey's demeanor on Ellen, especially the "Very interesting" comment at the end of his interview.

--Anonymous
replies 112Nov 9, 2008 2:55 PM +00:00

I've been on DL too long not to recognize the trollish style of this thread and so many others: drop a gossip tidbit, come back once or twice to add to it, get all huffy that people aren't believing you and/or are asking for additional information, and then storm off, calling DL and DLers lame.

But then return to the thread numerous times, saying how much the OP was credible and how PR flacks would never waste time on DL because there are only a handful of posters and we're not important enough to be worth the time.

There's probably a macro for trolling on DL.

--I see troll people...
replies 113Nov 9, 2008 3:05 PM +00:00

How astute, troll 113.

--Anonymous
replies 114Nov 9, 2008 3:10 PM +00:00

I think the original post was utter bullshit.

Post 105...I'm seeing how that may be a little more of the real thing, especially after actually seeing the "prepared staement" get pulled out.

--Anonymous
replies 115Nov 9, 2008 3:12 PM +00:00

r113 you are a true DL hero

--Anonymous
replies 116Nov 9, 2008 3:19 PM +00:00

@r113 You have no idea who posts what. Just sayin.

--Anonymous
replies 117Nov 9, 2008 3:55 PM +00:00

>>ABC doesn't hate gays. They had teenage boys making out on Desperate Housewives nearly every episode of season two.

You exaggerate, r62. I remember one scene where they were actually making out and a couple others where they might have kissed or been affectionate. Regardless, that was back in season 2 after the huge ratings DH drew its premiere season. They were no doubt given carte blanche at that point. But since then all the gay characters have been completely neutered. Well, okay, Andrew seduced his mom's boyfriend but that was hardly a gay-positive moment and nothing was shown.

I don't really buy into the 'ABC is homophobic' argument but their bottom line is to make money. The minute there's backlash and/or ratings fall, it's safer to reign in the gay content.

--Anonymous
replies 118Nov 9, 2008 5:27 PM +00:00

You know what was off, r67? The writers. The chemistry was great in S$, and in some of their scenes in S5, but the shit with Mark and Callie having a gay panic every week was a no go.

--Anonymous
replies 119Nov 9, 2008 5:27 PM +00:00

We told it to put the lotion on it's skin or we'd fire her. She refused.

--ABC
replies 120Nov 9, 2008 5:56 PM +00:00

I don't know the real reason she left, but all I know is that i HATE what they have done to her character. Turning Hahn into a huge bitch. I just hate it - this will probably make me quit the show. I liked the actress a lot; agree some of the writing with the Callie/Hahn story could have been better, and I completely hated the Callie/Mark sex. Grey's/ABC really blew it with the potential for what I thought was going to be a great plotline.

--Anonymous
replies 121Nov 9, 2008 6:07 PM +00:00

What does that mean, 5.6, etc?

--Anonymous
replies 122Nov 9, 2008 6:24 PM +00:00

This is OP is beyond full of shit, and a flat out liar. This story is completely made up. No one applauded her leaving. Quite the contrary. You are either an ABC flack, or some stupid cunt that has some retarded fangurl ax to grind.

If there was ANY applauding done over the departure of any cast member, it was done over Isaiah Washington, who was the definition of a dickwad asshole. You want to talk about unprofessional? Girl, don't get me started. There's a reason his little bitch ass hasn't been able to make anything more than some Hallmark crap since he left.

I personally know people in the cast (having worked onstage with some and maintained relationships afterward), not secondary sources, and EVERYONE was shocked by Brooke's departure and how it was handled. She had become a series regular, and was liked on the set, AND by the staff.

This was exactly as reported by Ausiello. ABC became squeamish, and despite the fact that Shonda is a lesbian, with her failing ratings and the drudgery that is Private Practice barely staying on the air, she had no choice but to listen to the money.

"The REAL poop" (or pile of shit more accurately) is that the OP is a lying bitch, and she'd best shut the fuck up. Also, Sara is most likely leaving the show as stated above, the plotline was running out on her character anyway since Shonda can't get past cartoon portraits of one or two seasons.

She's not going to be the only departure this season.

This show's revolving casting door is as annoying as any of the Law and Order bullshit.

Oh, and OP, in the future, when you try writing fiction? Stick to something you know, because you are not in show business, mmkay?

--Anonymous
replies 123Nov 9, 2008 6:25 PM +00:00

Sorry, but I think R123 sounds a lot more credible than the OP.

Besides all of the reasons already given for why OP's story sounds like bullshit, Shonda Rhimes is known to be a HUGE control freak and takes the progression of the show's storylines very seriously. If she was unhappy with Brooke Smith she would have at the very least given the character a proper exit to explain her disappearance. But having her exit abruptly and without a proper send off? The only reasonable explanation is that the network ordered that she be dumped IMMEDIATELY.

Btw, R123, I've never heard that Shonda is a lesbian before. Why isn't that more well-known? Especially given how the Isaiah situation went down?

--Anonymous
replies 124Nov 9, 2008 7:10 PM +00:00

What does that have to do with anything? Angela Lansbury played bitches, witches and evil cunts for years before she went all cute and fuzzy in "Mame", Disney movies and "Murder She Wrote".

Angela Lansbury is also more talented and more attractive than Brooke Smith.

Try again.

--Anonymous
replies 125Nov 9, 2008 7:42 PM +00:00

R123. Wow, you are one fierce bitch. Hoo! We's all better atch out for gloeious you! You utilize such a down African American patois! And, threatening people on an anonymous board? THAT takes BALLS! I believe whatever your fierce, press-on nailed, insider-than-inside feces stick of. Testify!

--Anonymous
replies 126Nov 9, 2008 7:51 PM +00:00

R124. Shonda being a lesbian isn't well known because Shonda isn't a lesbian. This disqualifies as legitimate poo her every utterance.

--Anonymous
replies 127Nov 9, 2008 7:53 PM +00:00

113 is why the DL sucks now. Too serious. Suspicion everywhere. Everyone's a liar. Everyone's an asshole. Have you noticed that the good gossip got up and left about a year ago? All that's left are tweaked out queens and deadly serious lesbians. It's sad.

R120? BRILLIANT! Sometimes, so suddenly, there's God!

--Anonymous
replies 128Nov 9, 2008 7:58 PM +00:00

I bet they bring Isaiah back if the ratings continue to tank.

They can also bring back his mother, the first 'black bitch' in prime time.

(Also, the first black nurse!)

Patrick and Eric can play bodyguards to T.R.

--Anonymous
replies 129Nov 9, 2008 7:59 PM +00:00

OP here. I've posted a few times anonymously. Not additional info, just opinions about stuff. It seems to me that part of the problem here is that some people would RATHER Smith have been booted for her gay storyline than for her skills or her attitude. It's juicier. More fun.

Okay, then. Answer me this. They've been collecting data, reactions, on the Hahn/Ramirez relationship for months. If viewers were put off merely by the lesbian aspect of Hahn's character, they could easily have dialed it back and KEPT Smith right where she was. ON the show.

Neither character had ever slept with a woman before. It was totally plausible, even MORE plausible, that both characters were just experimenting.

When the Knight/Heigl relationship was making viewers and execs feel all icky, they didn't FIRE anyone, they CHANGED THE STORYLINE. And, with lead characters and at a much higher risk, of losing viewers. Many in the cast were expecting, actually, for Hahn and Ramirez to boff, look at each other, laugh, then call it a day and go back to men. Back to work. THAT part, Ramirez's part, of the arc was working. Testing out cock then pussy then cock then pussy...

What, rather WHO, the test audiences (and the suits) didn't like was Smith. The actress. The chracter was coming off as bitchy-bitchy rather than interesting-bitchy. And, anyway, lesbian relationships are a dime a dozen these days. I think there's one now on "Blue's Clues". Did you not see the hot girl-on-girl action on "House" a few weeks ago? THAT actress wasn't fired -- they probably doubled her salary -- because the scenes WORKED.

The Hahn/Ramirez scenes didn't, Smith wasn't liked, and, rather than do the really rather easy job of re-focusing on her character's life as a surgeon, it was agreed that it was the easiest way, and the best time, to get her out the door.

The net, in fact, aware that they'd be accused (and rightly so) of being homophobic, approved Smith/Hahn's big "Leaves" speech. Her big realization that she was gay, as a kind of good-bye gift to the character and to Smith and to, in a way, the gay viewers.

I personally wish no ill on anyone who's a nice person. My vitriol was fed by sources, very close, day to day sources, who shared stories with me of her bizarre and unkind behavior to other actors. Maybe she's going through a rough period. Who knows. Gossip, like a joke, loses it's effectiveness when it has to be explained.

At the end of the day that's all it is, you know -- Gossip -- enjoy it or not, believe it or not. Okay, back to your bitching.

--Anonymous
replies 130Nov 9, 2008 8:23 PM +00:00

The actress on House is really bad. If you read the boards on that show you'd know that a majority of fans hate the character Thirteen and think the actress was miscast. In addition, a number of straight women had a problem with that storyline b/c they feel that the writers of House are using the character for titilation and not exploring the story correctly.

You can't compare that storyline to GA since the actresses on House are porn viewers expectations of lesbians and bisexuals. They test well with young men. GA had average looking women playing bisexual/lesbian characters.

You also completely changed your story OP. Your initial claim was that the actress was batshit crazy and fired for being a terrible actress. Now you are claiming that it was mainly viewer response that led to the firing, which was very different from your original post. If you had come up with this story initially, you would have been more believable. You still sound full of shit with your back tracking on the original post.

--Anonymous
replies 131Nov 9, 2008 8:33 PM +00:00

OP- just the fact that you keep referring to the "Hahn/Ramirez" scenes makes me doubt your tale. Ot' was "Hahn/TORRES".

But thanks for playing.

--Anonymous
replies 132Nov 10, 2008 1:04 AM +00:00

seems to me that we'll see in about ten episodes, if Ramirez is still on the show, which version of the story was right.

--Anonymous
replies 133Nov 10, 2008 5:59 AM +00:00

I want the real poop on Sara. Is she as gay friendly as everyone seems to think? Is she sticking around?

--Anonymous
replies 134Nov 10, 2008 6:03 AM +00:00

I can see Sara Ramirez quitting in a fit of anger. Her manager would convince her to stay on the show though, it's not as if she's got a booming film career.

--Anonymous
replies 135Nov 10, 2008 6:22 AM +00:00

I can't believe that anyone watches either of these crappy, unbelievable shows.

--Anonymous
replies 136Nov 10, 2008 6:52 AM +00:00

Sara seems gay friendly - she didnt HAVE to do the bi stuff on grey's - shonda sought her out personally for a part on the show which means she has high status and could have said no to the storyline. She also did an MTV ad ages ago where she kisses another woman.

--Anonymous
replies 137Nov 10, 2008 1:24 PM +00:00

Both Sara and Brooke appear to very gay-friendly, and both seemed very enthused to portray the gay/bi storyline.

This is a case of the suits freaking out and calling it quits. Even ABC News called the studio on it today.

--Anonymous
replies 138Nov 10, 2008 2:53 PM +00:00

OP , I'd be inclined to believe you if you could offer up specifics regarding her behavior. Generalizations mean nothing.

--Anonymous
replies 139Nov 10, 2008 2:57 PM +00:00

wow, I think I'm going to scoop all over the floor.

--the scoop troll
replies 140Nov 10, 2008 3:03 PM +00:00

I've posted this before. Sara is undoubtedly gay friendly or gay herself. I've seen her at gay bars and clubs with other women.

--Anonymous
replies 141Nov 10, 2008 3:07 PM +00:00

" Smith, clueless and unreliable and without apparent ability, would act like she hated kissing a woman, stopping taping to "get herself ready" then, after ten lousy takes, act like she'd done Ramirez, and the show, a big favor. "

Really? That is very interesting, because I heard that maybe she liked it a little too much...

--Anonymous
replies 142Nov 10, 2008 3:55 PM +00:00

Its the same story here on DL for the last few years, someone actually posts some good gossip and gets ripped to shreds.

I believe OP does believe his/her own story, and probably has credible sources. Perhaps r123 does too. It doesn't mean there isn't some truth to both sides, as a cash machine like Grey's has so much spin it would make a whirling dervish dizzy.

The facts from many sources are Heigl is a bitch and wants out, Pompeo is a dumb bitch, Dempsey is a self absorbed ass, Justin Kirk-well I don't know, what was that quasi rehab/narcolespsy thing anyways? Its also widely known that Christina Oh and TR Knight are pretty nice, hard working and try to stay out of the drama.

The sad fact is Grey's was a pretty good show until sometime in season 3 when it went to hell and lost a lot of what made it entertaining in the 1st place. Maybe Shonda's spread too thin, maybe its the writing, maybe its the WELL known clash of the egos and tension on the set. The actors are certainly not best friends.

Actually the behind the scenes drama is probably a better show than the current season.

--Anonymous
replies 143Nov 10, 2008 3:56 PM +00:00

"I've posted this before. Sara is undoubtedly gay friendly or gay herself. I've seen her at gay bars and clubs with other women. "

Forget Shonda and her Grey's mess.I wanna hear more about Sara and the gay bars.

--Anonymous
replies 144Nov 10, 2008 4:20 PM +00:00

Sara is VERY into girls and also into one of her former castmates.

--Anonymous
replies 145Nov 10, 2008 4:50 PM +00:00

would that former castmate be the one who got the spin off? Her name escapes me.

--Anonymous
replies 146Nov 10, 2008 4:59 PM +00:00

So are they seeing each other or does Sara just have a crush on her and the question r146 asked?

--Anonymous
replies 147Nov 10, 2008 5:17 PM +00:00

Kate Walsh?

--Anonymous
replies 148Nov 11, 2008 11:24 AM +00:00

r142, I agree. I always thought she acted like she had a crush on Sara the way she talked about her. I remember reading in one interview about her husband thinking she was gay the first time they met (and I would too). Might be something to that.

r141, tell us about Sara and these gay bars!

--Anonymous
replies 149Nov 11, 2008 12:08 PM +00:00

well, we only have to watch what Sara does to confirm what really happened. if she quits, then we know why...

--Anonymous
replies 150Nov 11, 2008 12:28 PM +00:00

I've always thought the Hahn character was a breath of fresh air -- sorry the actress didn't work out. The "sense of entitlement" someone felt is probably from her being a Brown grad.

Dempsey probably hedged his reaction because the casting agent mother could get him blacklisted in a hot second, or at least do some serious damage to his future employment prospects.

--Anonymous
replies 151Nov 11, 2008 12:31 PM +00:00

r151- Brown? She went to the American Acadamy of Dramayic Arts and didn't graduate.

And her mother is retired powerhouse publicist, Lois Smith.

r149- there was a USA Today video interview where the interviewer actually asked her if she was into girls. Her response, "Uhm...not really."

--Anonymous
replies 152Nov 11, 2008 1:29 PM +00:00

Now we have Isaiah Washington standing up for Brooke Smith (while promoting his own return to the show) and new guy, Kevin McKidd saying he would have liked to have seen the Hunt and Hahn characters clash onscreen.

This does not sound like something people would say about an actress deemed "difficult">

--Anonymous
replies 153Nov 13, 2008 6:26 AM +00:00

bump for real gossip

--Anonymous
replies 154Nov 13, 2008 1:29 PM +00:00

Before they axed her Smith turned in one of the best monologues we're likely to see on television this season.

She should be getting an Emmy not a pink slip.

So, on the one hand we have OP's tale. On the other hand we have this clip of the 'You are glasses' scene from Grey's which we can all watch on youtube.

You be the judge.

Erica Hahn & Callie Torres (Grey's Anatomy 05x06) - My whole life... My whole adult life, I have been with men. And it always felt, you know, fine, good, but...
YouTube
--seeing clearly
replies 155Nov 13, 2008 2:19 PM +00:00

That WAS amazing. Thanks.

--Anonymous
replies 156Nov 14, 2008 2:28 AM +00:00

Well, I watched last night, and it was just really strange.

I don't care, doctors don't just "disappear" like that. And how did everyone know she was "gone for good", but nobody knew WHY? How'd they get that information, anyway?

I dont' buy the OP's explanation, but I have no clue what else it could have been either. Just ... very weird.

--Anonymous
replies 157Nov 14, 2008 6:21 AM +00:00
Now we have Isaiah Washington standing up for Brooke Smith (while promoting his own return to the show)

What, what, whaaaaaaaat?

IW is coming back to Grey's? WTF?

--Anonymous
replies 158Nov 14, 2008 6:52 AM +00:00

Ramirez has always seemed to be a sensible person, and got her start and success as a NY stage actor -- that usually means someone with her feet firmly planted on the ground.

She just bought a house in L.A. and is now seeking a place in NYC (good time to do it, if you have the cash.) I really, really doubt she's going to quit because a fellow actor didn't cut it with TPTB.

--Anonymous
replies 159Nov 14, 2008 8:35 AM +00:00

"Justin Kirk-well I don't know, what was that quasi rehab/narcolespsy thing anyways? Its also widely known that Christina Oh and TR Knight are pretty nice, hard working and try to stay out of the drama."

Justin Kirk is not on this show. And the name of the actress is Sandra Oh.

--Anonymous
replies 160Nov 14, 2008 9:50 AM +00:00

Why is Izzie seeing her dead boyfriend?

Is the tried and true inevitable brain tumour storyline next?

--I''m waiting for an unknown twin storyline ....
replies 161Nov 14, 2008 10:07 AM +00:00

They can write a story involving a love affair between a dead person and a living person, but they not only can't write a love story between two women, they fire one of the best actresses on TV?

And where is TR KNight? A few lousy lines in the last few eps? I'm starting to think the ABC News story about decreasing storylines for gay characters AND actors is true.

ABC should be ashamed.

--Anonymous
replies 162Nov 14, 2008 12:37 PM +00:00

Howabout you check out TV shows The L Word and Dante's Cove if you're so into the LGBT action, 162.

--Hahn sukd
replies 163Nov 14, 2008 12:48 PM +00:00

Before they axed her Smith turned in one of the best monologues we're likely to see on television this season.

You mean that "leaves" shit? Please, it was pretentious, and unbelievable coming from that character. No wonder Callie freaked.

I tuned in to the show in interest and support for the lesbian storyline, but it failed, imo. I didn't buy that either character was, or would be, interested sexually in the other. Their chemistry was almost non-existent.

--Anonymous
replies 164Nov 14, 2008 12:55 PM +00:00

What's the deal with this show? What is going on with Katherine H and the dead ex love Denny. Any information on why they are doing this storyline arc, it seem pretty stupid since they just hooked her character up with Alex. I know everyone thinks she is leaving, but doesn't her contract go 6yrs, cannot see the network letting her go, especially since she is one of the most recognized names outside of the show and they are in a downward ratings and revenue trend.

Any inside gossip on this?

Brooke was fired before the big leaves scene aired and still the network aired it. The have people who watch the episodes weeks before they are aired before the masses, if the network was afraid they would have edited the episode and cut the scenes. So that means she was cut because she was a problem behind the scenes or she did really poorly on the focus groups. Greys has been on a downward trend and Shonda, nor the network can afford to allow things to move downward without taking action.

As for other actors saying anything they knew the actress was fired long before the public found out, the scenes had already been filmed and nobody is ever going to tell you the truth when it comes to what goes on behind the scenes. The aren't going to say something like the actress was a pain in the ass and her co-worker hated doing lovescenes with her because of this, especially while being interviewed by a Ellen.

I rather know what the heck is going on with this back from the dead Denny crap and how long he is sticking?

Ausiello doesn't know much, so I would not use him as a good source.

--Anonymous
replies 165Nov 16, 2008 4:54 AM +00:00

Anyone watch French Channel TF1 and the show "50mn inside"? Did they really air a segment where they reported that this was all a huge publicity stunt that backfired and now the network is in a quandry to fix it?

--Anonymous
replies 166Nov 16, 2008 5:09 AM +00:00

If this firing was all about Brooke's bad behavior why de-gay the lovely Melissa George?

And "we'll never find out what went on behind the scenes?"

Hello? How did we find out about the Isaiah Washington-TR Knight behind the scenes drama then?

Obviously the Grey's Anatomy set is a leaky dysfunctional mess. One of those little bitches will spill soon enough.

--Anonymous
replies 167Nov 16, 2008 5:23 AM +00:00

Here's the real poop:

madonnablog.files.wordpress.com
--Anonymous
replies 168Nov 16, 2008 6:50 AM +00:00

Sara went to Juilliard and Brooke went to American Academy. The problem was a clash between two different acting styles.

--Lee Strasberg
replies 169Nov 16, 2008 7:52 AM +00:00

r166, they just posted it on YT.

--Anonymous
replies 170Nov 16, 2008 8:51 AM +00:00

Wait...so Sara Ramirez has a thing for Kate Walsh?

--Anonymous
replies 171Nov 20, 2008 9:42 AM +00:00

Actually,it's Walsh who has a thing for Ramirez.

--Anonymous
replies 172Nov 20, 2008 10:11 AM +00:00

Walsh is hot. I would love it if she were gay. They should bring her back to do some seens with Ramirez.

Hot.

--Anonymous
replies 173Nov 20, 2008 10:30 AM +00:00

"And where is TR KNight? A few lousy lines in the last few eps? I'm starting to think the ABC News story about decreasing storylines for gay characters AND actors is true."

More attention needs to be brought to this aspect of things. TR Knight is one of the mainstays of the show and was on the verge of a big storyline with the intern who has a crush on George thing. Now that's apparently been scrapped and he's barely on the show, with absolutely no sign of a storyline anytime soon. He's like a waiter whose hours have been cut by management, in hopes that he'll quit so they don't have to fire him.

It's fucked up.

--Anonymous
replies 174Nov 20, 2008 12:11 PM +00:00

Sara and Brooke are actually very close and Sara has been heartbroken over Brooke's firing.

The TR Knight lack of screen time is indeed suspicious,

--Anonymous
replies 175Nov 20, 2008 12:57 PM +00:00

More info r171 and 175!

--Anonymous
replies 176Nov 21, 2008 2:44 PM +00:00

Just because Sara is gay-friendly, doesn't mean she's gay. I wish though...

--Anonymous
replies 177Nov 25, 2008 4:29 PM +00:00

For R165 - scoop on Heigl

Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 178Nov 29, 2008 9:16 PM +00:00

Brooke Smith is a good actress and her chemistry with Sara Ramirez was intriguing. I loved the story line, and so did lots of lesbians on AfterEllen.

It was a shock when they yanked the storyline suddenly and fired Brooke.

OP's story is total crap. Where the hell did u get it, OP? No response so far from OP.

--Anonymous
replies 179Nov 29, 2008 9:29 PM +00:00

OK r130/OP, you've responded again. And the whole post has the fingerprints of ABC execs all over it. Feeble excuses for their clearly homophobic decision.

Hope ABC has been inundated with LEAVES in the post! (Part of the protest by viewers outraged by the erasure of the Hahn/Torres storyline.)

Bah! ABC are cowardly. I'm not watching GA from now on.

--Anonymous
replies 180Nov 29, 2008 9:48 PM +00:00

I've always wondered about Kate Walsh. Her success at GA was so fast, I remember her interview with Ellen when she said she was single. Less than 6 months later, when all the buzz was happening around her upcoming new show Private Practice, she's suddenly engaged, and married before the series started.

I find the timing rather convenient...and highly suspicious. Smacks of bearding.

SO yes, her interest in Sara might be thue...

--Anonymous
replies 181Nov 29, 2008 10:06 PM +00:00

The whole thing seems weird to me but there is one thing from Brooke Smith's side that might lend this theory a little credence. When she was interviewed about being let go, she said she was the one to tell Sara - and that Sara was so shocked it took her several days to get back to her. What? The first time I read that, it struck me as odd. Your co-star who you spend hours with almost every day tells you she was fired and you don't get back to her for days? Either Sara is extremely busy and VERY into her own world to not even have five minutes and the basic consideration to call and express her regrets, or Sara was actually glad and didn't know how to respond. So, to hear this begins to make Sara's reaction a little more understandable. by: Anonymous treply 25t11/08/08 @11:23

She was at a memorial service for her best friend � personally I think Smith was very uncaring and uncompassionate calling her that weekend. She could have waited till Sara was back in LA it made no difference she was still sacked!

--Anonymous
replies 182Dec 4, 2008 11:37 AM +00:00

"She was at a memorial service for her best friend � personally I think Smith was very uncaring and uncompassionate calling her that weekend. She could have waited till Sara was back in LA it made no difference she was still sacked!"

It affected Sara's storyline as well, and maybe Brooke was concerned that Sara was gonna get canned as well and wanted to give her the heads up. I mean they trashed a major storyline that had been heavily promoted all summer long. When something big goes down at work, people kinda wanna know ASAP.

--CB
replies 183Dec 4, 2008 11:44 AM +00:00

It is completely beyond me how anyone in the right mind would buy into this crap!

This reads like an actor's rant who lost a part to Brooke Smith at some point of their career and is now jealous as hell and takes every opportuniy to bash her annonymously on the Internet.

How sad is that?

Here are the real facts:

1) It is common knowledge that Sara Ramirez and Brooke Smith have become friends, and that they have nothing but respect and admiration for one another. You can find proof of that all over the 'net (interviews on YouTube, articles, etc.).

2) You have to be blind (or have no sense for what good acting is) to call Brooke a lousy actress. That is ridiculous. She's an amazing character actor.

3) Chandra Wilson and others on set had repeatedly praised Brooke and her addition to the regular cast. You can find for that by merely watching the season 4 DVD set's behind-the-scenes footage. I'm going to summarizing the essential statements from the top of my head: She comes on set and totally owns every scene, her presence is strong and powerful, and she has the ability to bring a rare, raw quality to any scene which is great to play upon as a co-actor, and so on. The clips also show that Brooke is anything but insecure when it comes to acting, she's actually a very down-to-earth personality with a great sense of humor (just watch her interact and joke with her colleagues!).

So... this whole thing is nothing but a rant of an angry, mean and (obviously) jealous person who is desperately trying to sell you a bunch of ugly lies in order to taint Brooke Smith's reputation. Don't buy them!

--DocCovington
replies 184Dec 5, 2008 6:35 AM +00:00

I don't care how close Ramirez and Smith are, or how good of an actress Smith is; there was still no believable heat between the characters, and the story fell flat.

I tuned in last night out of curiousity and the few brief flirty moments between Callie and the British intern were far more interesting than anything I saw happen between Callie and Smith's character.

--Anonymous
replies 185Dec 5, 2008 6:48 AM +00:00

First of all, she is Australian, not British (which shows how much common knowledge you have ^^).

Secondly: Callica had so much chemistry that they made my toes curl! =)

Watch those vids on YouTube for proof: v=jx1mUfghKzI&fmt=18 v=3oVH9rR7-kY&fmt=18 v=LPQ33WEFq9k&fmt=18 v=HjYRPLWT87M&fmt=18

The awkward moments we saw during season 5 were merely (very, very) bad writing. If you want to see how they could have been written instead, read this:

myshadeofgreys . blogspot.com

Cheers!

--DocCovington
replies 186Dec 5, 2008 11:43 AM +00:00

^Fuck off, fangurl.

Jessica Capshaw is going to be playing a love interest of Callie.

--Anonymous
replies 187Dec 6, 2008 4:24 PM +00:00

To the person that posted coment # 33, you need to get your f*^#ing eyes checked, or maybe you have eyes like Brooke. Sara is the most georgeous person on Grey's now, and fyi, they execs loved her so much that they offered her a spot on the show of her choice, and created a role just for her. They did not do that for any of the other actors, not Meredith or any of the original 5. So.

--anonymus
replies 188May 16, 2009 3:15 PM +00:00

I agree with r188. Sara is a very talented actress, regardless of what the rest of you think. And furthermore more classy than anyone on the show. You people here are all entitled to your opinions, but why chastise others for trying to report stories, just because you dont like to hear it. We all love a little gossip and some of us even live for it, (the ones that have no life that is). But regardless, In my opinion, if you don't like an actor's or actresses' work then don't effing watch them. And furthermore, for those of you that want to bash Sara, you go right ahead if it makes you feel better. All I have to say about that again is get a effing life. We all know that sometimes actors and actresses let their egoes get in the way, and will at times get on others people's nerves. Maybe Brooke was a bitch, maybe she wasn't, but instead of jumping to the wrong conclusion and bashing people just cause you feel like it, is totally wrong. In case you forgot they are still people like you and me and have feelings too. Their job is to entertain us, and some of them are far better than others. Some just think they are, and it's up to us to decide who we think is the best of the lot. That's what makes fans of the respected actors and actresses, and as fans, of course we don't like to hear bad things about the people we love. Sometimes the gossip is good, sometimes bad, and sometimes quite funny. That's why its gossip. Ok so I was ranting, but I had to get that off my chest. We are all human, nobody is perfect, (even though some of us think we are) but get a grip people. Life is to short to be bickering and the unnecessary bad-mouthing is not necessary. We the fans are the ones that make the actors and actresses famous. You either support them or you don't. but don't attack someone just because they don't like what you like. I respect both Brooke and Sara, regardless of their personality, or what goes on in their personal lives, but bottom line is we are forgetting the most important thing, they have a job to do, and that job is to entertain us. We either like it or we don't. If we like we watch, if we don't, then we won't watch. Its as simple as that.

--Anonymus
replies 189May 18, 2009 2:56 PM +00:00

Proof that Brooke Smith is mentally ill:

She supported Ralph Nader for President.

In 2008.

2008 Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader endorsed by TV and film actress, Brooke Smith. The star of hit Television shows as Crossing Jordan, Grey's Anatomy an...
YouTube
--Anonymous
replies 190May 18, 2009 3:17 PM +00:00

Oh TR, take a chill pill.

--Anonymous
replies 191May 18, 2009 3:17 PM +00:00

I saw her today down on Gansevoort St being taken to the set of a movie. I was told it stars Sean Penn and Naomi Watts and she plays Naomi's friend.

--Anonymous
replies 192May 18, 2009 3:20 PM +00:00
Brooke Smith is a FANTASTIC actress. She can't act at all, lezzie.
--Anonymous
replies 193May 18, 2009 3:50 PM +00:00

Op, you got the, no taste lezzies, who want to lick BS's cooter, all in a tizzy.

--Anonymous
replies 194May 18, 2009 4:00 PM +00:00

R189, paragraphs are your friend. Nobody's going to wade through that mess.

--Anonymous
replies 195May 18, 2009 4:52 PM +00:00

Sorry, was just ranting on and on.

--anonymus
replies 196May 18, 2009 5:10 PM +00:00

"Sara is a very talented actress, regardless of what the rest of you think."

OK, I have only seen her on the show and I think she is rather bad. She may be talented, but she's not showing any of her talent on GA.

--Anonymous
replies 197May 18, 2009 6:15 PM +00:00

To r197. FYI, she had a part in Spiderman, You got mail, Law and order SVU, and was also in other tv shows too. And if you want to hear her sing check our Spamalot.

--anonymus
replies 198May 18, 2009 6:32 PM +00:00

People, please leave the woman alone. What the f*^@ did she ever do to you??

--anonymus
replies 199May 18, 2009 6:35 PM +00:00

So r188 = r189 right?

--Anonymous
replies 200May 18, 2009 6:48 PM +00:00

This is borderline Prancing Pony crap, grow up!

--Anonymous
replies 201May 19, 2009 6:00 AM +00:00
The actress on House is really bad. If you read the boards on that show you'd know that a majority of fans hate the character Thirteen and think the actress was miscast. Translation: Jealous fat girls!
b/c they feel that the writers of House are using the character for titillation and not exploring the story correctly. Yep, jealous fat girls.
--Anonymous
replies 202May 19, 2009 9:10 AM +00:00

OP lost all credibility in his opening line "Sara Ramirez is an amazing actress." LOL! Sara Ramirez is the real bad o' crazy on that set, just ask the folks at "Spamalot."

--Anonymous
replies 203May 19, 2009 9:20 AM +00:00

This is the most lunatic thread that was ever on DL, and that's saying something.

I hope original OP overdosed on too many eggnogs at Christmas.

--Anonymous
replies 204May 19, 2009 9:25 AM +00:00

204 = drama queen. It isn't even close to being a lunatic thread.

--you must new or illiterate.
replies 205May 19, 2009 9:33 AM +00:00

I love the one loony who keeps mistyping the word "anonymus" in the line for your name, not realizing that A)if you don't type anything "Anonymous" (spelled properly) shows up automatically and B) that the typo immediately gives them away, and yes, 188 and 189 are the same person.

--Leave blank to post anonymously
replies 206May 19, 2009 11:06 AM +00:00

R188, possibly in your delusional little fantasy world this happened, but it did not happen in reality, and no one on this planet besides you thinks she is beautiful. Certainly not enough for TV. She's a good theater singer, that is all.

--Anonymous
replies 207May 19, 2009 11:32 AM +00:00

This thread has definitely gone off the deep end, especially with the mentally ill frauen OP dredging it up six months after no one cared any more.

--Anonymous
replies 208May 19, 2009 11:34 AM +00:00

I guess there are some of you that have nothing better to do than to discuss things that they know absolutely nothing about, and love to speculate and assume that they know the facts. Well we all know what happens when you ASS - U - ME. You go ahead and make assses of yourself. but you won't do it to me. You all need to get a f*@king life. I love S.R. regardless of what you f*@king asses think, and so do a lot of other people.

--Anonymous
replies 209May 20, 2009 12:55 PM +00:00

Where did all the fangurls come from?

--Anonymous
replies 210May 20, 2009 1:33 PM +00:00

Hey, I get that you all are just speaking your mind. However, you guys are behaving like bunch of jack asses. I'd hate to have to live up to your standards in everyday life. FYI of course no ABC PR people are posting here. What would be the point? You guys are a bunch of anonymous cowards- who just love to bash and flame. Get over yourselves.

--Anonymous
replies 211May 21, 2009 11:01 AM +00:00

To r207. You need to get your effing eyes checked, or maybe you still can't see through your 2" thick glasses. you are obviously blind, buck toothed and have severe acne. You're just jealous because no one thinks you're pretty. I too think that she is gorgeous, and am a photographer by profession. I can only imagine what you look like and believe me, it's not pretty.

--Anonymous
replies 212May 21, 2009 11:03 AM +00:00

This again?

Yawn.

At least you're leaving the Name space blank now r188/189/etc.

--Anonymous
replies 213May 21, 2009 11:07 AM +00:00

This has probably been said already but isn't/wasn't her mother a publicist (not a casting agent?)

--Anonymous
replies 214May 21, 2009 11:24 AM +00:00

I take it you people are all unemployed with no life whatsoever.

If you had one, you all wouldn't have the time to spend bashing people or people who don't know you or really don't give a shit about you.

As far as I am concerned this wreaks of jealousy, and just seeking attention.

Grow up people

--Anonymous
replies 215May 21, 2009 1:36 PM +00:00

Why is it always the most obscure, "who cares?" sort of people who inspire the most venom and insanity on this board?

--Anonymous
replies 216May 21, 2009 1:45 PM +00:00

R215 sounds like a 12 year old.

--Anonymous
replies 217May 21, 2009 1:47 PM +00:00

R207 I don't see anyone taking your picture and showing it off, or asking you for an autograpy. I know, it's becaues you're so ugly that no one wants YOUR picture. Jealousy will get you nowhere.

--Anonymous
replies 218May 22, 2009 1:21 PM +00:00