Join the Bitchfest >>

Do you go for men who are more or less physically attractive than you?

I just talked to a guy who told me he ignores hot guys out of principle, as he knows it’s a lost cause and they won’t be interested in him.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 7, 2017 12:43 PM +00:00

I usually go for better looking.....and I usually get them too.

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 7, 2017 12:58 PM +00:00

Better looking. I'm in my 20s and consider myself a 7-8/10 tops (if that) but I go for 8-9s. 10 would intimidate and 6 would bore. However, I'm in a long relationship with a 7-8 (that's becoming more and more 8 with his diet, mentality, and exercise over time), though we're open so I have options. He was someone that I considered about as good looking as me, if not a little less, but by now generally is better looking, if partially due to me relatively letting go (no gym, etc).

My crushes and guys I attempt or do something with are at least 8s in my mind. It seems to work because while I may consider myself a conventional 7, I have features that really attract some others (eyes, height, demeanor, whatever). There was a 9 I think I have/had a shot with but that's a longer story (we're still friends and things get closer yearly, heh). If a 10 propositioned me there's actually a chance I'd decline because I'd feel like crap next to them - I'm certainly good generally but damn.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 7, 2017 1:03 PM +00:00

I usually go for guys to whom I'm attracted - some are better looking, some not.

On a 1-10 decile scale - I will usually go one up or one down -that gives me a range of 30 percent of the available population of gay men - I'd say that's a fairly wide range of people.

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 7, 2017 1:04 PM +00:00

I'm R2. Also I'd say my relationships have ranged 5-8 and hookups ranged 6-8, so while I aim higher, I only close it with those I consider on or a little below my level. That said, most of those worse experiences were in my teens or earlier twenties, which came with insecurities and sudden horny actions, so my tastes are somewhat more exclusive now. I have known lots of guys that are 8-9 that I didn't do anything and they identify as straight but the flirtation and opportunity was off the charts and I didn't go for it, so I really should man up and decide I deserve 8-9s and not 6-7s. I'm returning to college and there's clearly awkward but interested 18-20 year old or more confident 20-22 year old guys that seem to be just waiting for me to proposition (it may also stop men in their tracks if they hear I'm in a relationship without knowing the context).

But basically, yes I go for a little more attractive (aka the good looking ones), and if I shape up myself from gym etc, and I still keep good enough looks into my 30s, I'll be going for the hottest in my broad age range (20s-40s; bye 18-20 year old kids).

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 7, 2017 1:10 PM +00:00

What in the hell is this? The DL version of “The Adding Machine”, by Elmer Rice?

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 7, 2017 1:13 PM +00:00

If you go for a hottie, you will always have to be on guard that someone better than you will catch his eye.

Who needs that perpetual worry?

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 7, 2017 1:44 PM +00:00

I’ve started not to even look at hot gay guys and it drives them crazy!

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 7, 2017 8:12 PM +00:00

The amazing thing about the advent of Grindr was access to gorgeous men that I would likely never have had access to. I am a 6'1", lean, handsome faced top - above average cock but no huge muscles or particularly outstanding muscular features (I run and that is about it from an exercise standpoint..). I have fucked many gorgeous, young, bubble-butted muscle studs in the last 8/9 years - and I credit this to hookup aps. While I do not avoid bars (and have been fortunate with some sexy men there as well), Grindr brought in an amazing plethora of closeted hot ass. Craigslist did too but to a lesser degree. Giving myself a numerical value seems absurd, but some of the guys who I have had the good fortune of fucking I would rate at the top of the chart. Hotter than Hell these men...

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 7, 2017 8:35 PM +00:00