Join the Bitchfest >>

Sid Vicious's GF Nancy Spungen

She was an evil person, born that way. Some speculate Aspergers or Schizophrenia.. Sid picked the wrong woman!!

Offsite Link
--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 7, 2017 8:52 AM +00:00

SIDNEY, YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME NUFFIN'!!

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 7, 2017 8:55 AM +00:00

I read the book her mother wrote and she said when nancy was a baby and she picked her up or tried to give her affection that Nancy would go stiff like a board

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 7, 2017 9:46 AM +00:00

"I Don't Want to Live This Life" is the book by Nancy's mother. It's a very good read and explains that Nancy was messed up her entire life. What her family went through is heartbreaking. There was never any hope for this kid. She was born nasty.

--Jude
replies 3Dec 7, 2017 10:05 AM +00:00

I appreciated that in the book Nancy’s mom doesn’t really blame Sid. She saw her daughter’s violent death as an inevitability.

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 7, 2017 10:11 AM +00:00

I remember that book well, R3, even though it's been decades. Yes, she was a bad seed. Courtney Love is similar.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 7, 2017 10:12 AM +00:00

Courtney Love’s upbringing was a nightmare. Both her parents are awful people. Very different early life than Nancy’s.

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 7, 2017 10:15 AM +00:00

Nothing to do with schizophrenia or autism/ Aspergers.

Sociopathy is the clinical term for her syndrome.

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 7, 2017 11:23 AM +00:00

r7, Nancy was autistic . She had no social skills, blind rages, excessive cruelty and just a miserable person to be around.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 7, 2017 12:48 PM +00:00

Sid leveled her karma.

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 7, 2017 12:48 PM +00:00

chrissy hynde goes OFF on nancy in the auto bio Reckless: My Life as a Pretender

An exclusive excerpt from Reckless: My Life As A Pretender, singer-songwriter Chrissie Hynde’s new memoir, on her experiences with Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols
National Post
--Anonymous
replies 10Dec 7, 2017 1:01 PM +00:00

This is Nancy's younger sister Susan, who Nancy particularly terrorized during their childhood. She is VERY successful in the food industry . YAY!!!!

susanspungen.com
--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 7, 2017 1:13 PM +00:00
Nothing to do with schizophrenia or autism/ Aspergers. Sociopathy is the clinical term for her syndrome.

Read the article, Poo Shoes:

The family brought her to a succession of doctors, psychologists, and clinics; at 11, she was diagnosed with schizophrenia

The doctors who actually examined her know more than you. despite your penchant for labeling everyone a sociopath.

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 7, 2017 1:33 PM +00:00

She was a Courtney Love-type, a calculating hanger-on obsessed with snagging a Rock Star.

Most people say Sid was a sweet, gullible, not very bright addict. And that Nancy was probably murdered by one of their shady acquaintances.

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 7, 2017 1:37 PM +00:00

r12, I am happy you told the Asperger apologist off, I believe back then they were not familiar with Autism and aspergers(Nancy was born in 58) so they thought Skizo, BUT they never told the parents. They found out AFTER her death.

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 7, 2017 2:04 PM +00:00

I always thought she was bipolar or had borderline personality disorder that she tried to self medicate with heroin? The book her mom wrote is HARROWING!

--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 7, 2017 4:05 PM +00:00

funny, i just got Sid & Nancy from the library Monday....2 discs. LOVE OLDMAN, in this and everything. where is his oscar??

there was a lot of debate and back and forth about Nancy's mom and that book and a lot of it was not so hot so about her....i

read it years ago but it's gone now......not something i need to re-read.

--Anonymous
replies 16Dec 7, 2017 4:47 PM +00:00

Yeah “and I don’t want to live this life” is not a book you want to revisit, but I’m glad I read it.

--Anonymous
replies 17Dec 7, 2017 5:03 PM +00:00

In the book, Nancy’s mom said Nancy was born with the cord wrapped around her neck. I don’t remember the details but I think she was blue or had been deprived of oxygen during birth. She was violent since she was a toddler. She tried to stab a phone installer when she was two or three. Her mom said she was unusually strong for her age too.

I think Nancy was probably born brain damaged and it affected her whole life. The rest of the Spungen family were intelligent, relatively happy people and Nancy’s behavior ruined all their lives. None of them had mental illness and it’s likely it was the difficult birth, but no one listened to her mother or took her seriously. They blamed her mother for being a bad mother instead.

If Nancy was born today, they probably would have done a C-section and she probably would have been okay. In those days, male doctors didn’t listen to female patients and labor proceeded around their golf games and personal convenience.

--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 7, 2017 6:03 PM +00:00

we;; since they are both dead junkies nothing matters then does it?

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 7, 2017 7:13 PM +00:00

I suspect there was never going to be a "right" woman for Sid. I think he was either gay, or bi with a 90% preference for men. In my opinion, there's more to the breakup with Lydon than just a friendship between two straight men, destroyed by drugs, Malcolm McLaren and a 1970s version of Yoko.. and I don't think Lydon ever got over Sid.

--Anonymous
replies 20Dec 7, 2017 8:45 PM +00:00
I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Nancy was a drug mule, but she could fit a length of rubber tubing, spoon, zippo lighter and box of handy wipes up her flue and still have room for a can of Elnett and a box of Milk Duds.
--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 7, 2017 8:56 PM +00:00

^I must read Chrissie’s book!

--Anonymous
replies 22Dec 7, 2017 9:16 PM +00:00

Psychopaths are charming, manipulative, smart and often very successful. I think Courtey Love is one. Sociopaths are disordered and impulsive, unable to hide their mental illness, like N. Spungen. My sister, a borderline with bipolar disorder, is very much like how Spungen's mother describes her daughter in the book--miserable, angry and self-destructive from birth.

--Anonymous
replies 23Dec 8, 2017 11:26 AM +00:00

Her mother said she never stopped crying. That reminds me of that movie “We Need to Talk About Kevin” where she is also cursed with a child with an anti social personality disorder. I feel bad for Nancy’s mother, how exhausting that must be to never bring comfort to your baby, even after dosing it with antipsychotics and tranquilizers. When I read the book it seemed like moving Nancy to NYC was the best thing, because it liberated her family from Nancy’s craziness and also enabled Nancy to pursue what she thought was going to make her happy: being a hanger-on/groupie to rock stars. No parent wants their child to die, but in Nancy’s case it must have seemed both inevitable and a relief. The story was probably completely played out for the family and they were ready to move on.

--Anonymous
replies 24Dec 9, 2017 5:16 AM +00:00

--Anonymous
replies 25Dec 9, 2017 9:25 AM +00:00

R20 is hilarious in his desperation.

--Anonymous
replies 26Dec 9, 2017 9:41 AM +00:00

This is probably the 30th thread where the same, Asperger's-afflicted, maniac OP has started a new thread based on a tip he got from ME in a previous thread.

This time, he stole my post @ r 503 in the "Real Jerks Rock Musicians" thread as if it's he's breaking original news or observations.

DEAR OP: Sid & Nancy are old news to everyone else and they've been discussed to DEATH. LITERALLY!

Nobody wants to drudge through this again and you don't get points for namedropping. This should have stayed a footnote in the other thread!

You're not cool enough to start threads, so just STOP.

I have heard Sting is very pompous and full of himself.
the DataLounge
--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 9, 2017 10:21 AM +00:00