Join the Bitchfest >>

Can John Edwards make a political comeback for 2019?

Considering everything that is going on, his sins seem like a walk in the park

--Anonymous
replies 69Dec 7, 2017 8:49 AM +00:00

And don’t forget that he’s well hung.

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 7, 2017 8:51 AM +00:00

Sorry but no. Our next Democratic Presidential candidate will have to be a virgin.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 7, 2017 8:52 AM +00:00

John Edwards is a garbage human being. I'd spit on him if I could

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 7, 2017 8:53 AM +00:00
John Edwards is a garbage human being. I'd spit on him if I could

Just because he had an affair?

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 7, 2017 8:54 AM +00:00

R4, While his wife was dying of cancer.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 7, 2017 8:55 AM +00:00

No, because he's a DEMOCRAT and he had an affair. If he was a Republican, R3 would look the other way.

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 7, 2017 8:55 AM +00:00

That thread about his dead wife used to always just use pop out of the blue. The one where she exposed her beasts or something. But you could click on it.,

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 7, 2017 8:56 AM +00:00

Party has nothing to do with. If you cheat on someone who is undergoing chemo, yet still traveling around the country to support you, you are a garbage human being. I would never support someone like that. It's well beyond heartless

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 7, 2017 9:00 AM +00:00

Heterosexuals are toast in both Hollywood and Washington after all you've done to make gay people feel uncomfortable.

--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 7, 2017 9:01 AM +00:00

"While his wife was dying of cancer. "

You mean, like Newt Gingrich?

--Anonymous
replies 10Dec 7, 2017 9:09 AM +00:00

Newt Gingrich is another trash person. Arguably worse than Edwards, I'd also happily spit on him. Not sure why you assume I'm a republican because I'm willing to call out shitty democrats. You seem like the partisan one here

--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 7, 2017 9:11 AM +00:00

No one of European descent who is neither gay nor Jewish can be trusted.

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 7, 2017 9:16 AM +00:00

The only people willing to call out "immoral" behavior are the Democrats.

Republicans don't fucking give a shit about it, so they'll vote a child molester into the Senate, and laugh all the way to the bank, then laugh at the Democrats for being so fucking politically naïve (just like Newt Gingrich and Laura Ingraham did last night).

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 7, 2017 9:17 AM +00:00

Still disappointed that his sex tape never leaked.

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 7, 2017 7:46 PM +00:00

Who cares if John Edwards had an affair. Fuck off fraus!

I will always be grateful to John Edwards and John Kerry for bringing gay civil unions to the presidential topics even though everyone was telling them not to.

And even when they lost an everyone was blaming gays for "losing" the 2004 election, they never backed down or threw us under the bus when it could have been so easy to do so. I remember a young Barack Obama being harsh on the gays for that.

John Edwards was a magnificent candidate, and just like Bill Clinton his affair was not putting government or anyone in danger. Look at the Repubes now, they want to bring a pedo to congress. Hypocrites.

--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 7, 2017 8:00 PM +00:00

r15 Bill Clinton is rumored to have slept with thousands of people, affair gives a wrong impression.

--Anonymous
replies 16Dec 7, 2017 8:07 PM +00:00

No one who has had an illegitimate child can be president

--Warren G Harding
replies 17Dec 7, 2017 11:17 PM +00:00

Not being able to tell the difference between an average affair and an affair of someone literally accelerating their death by traveling the country for you just reveals you lack a moral compass. You don't want your wife anymore? Fine divorce her and give her time and space to fight her cancer, don't use her as a prop only to set her up to be humiliated. It's borderline sociopathic. This woman gave him 4 kids.

--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 8, 2017 5:22 AM +00:00

You guys have to remember Elizabeth Edwards shares some of the blame for carrying on this facade. She knew all about the affair. Instead of leaving John, or even withdrawing from campaigning with him, she insisted they both go on, Even as she was undergoing chemo, She even went on Larry King Live to say John's policies on women's issues are better than Hillary & Obama!

In addition back in 1992 Hillary said (about Bill's affairs) "If I don't have a problem with it, why should anyone else care"?

So if Elizabeth wasn't that bothered by John affair while she was having chemo (by campaigning for him) if she didn't have a problem with it, why should anyone else care?

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 8, 2017 5:27 AM +00:00

"Who cares if John Edwards had an affair. Fuck off fraus!"

A lot of people care. Fuck off, you stupid cunt!

His wife was dying of cancer and he had a blatant affair with a coked out nut job. They even made a sex tape. Then the nut job (she wasn't even young and good looking) got knocked up and had his love child. The National Enquirer exposed him for the piece of shit that he is and that was that. His political career is OVER.

A "magnificent candidate?" Boy, you must want his cock REALLY bad. Because he's scum, a slimy sleaze who couldn't keep his dick in his pants. And what he chose to stick it into! Rielle Hunter! A 20 dollar hooker would have been more attractive and appealing.

--Anonymous
replies 20Dec 8, 2017 5:30 AM +00:00

r11 I think what r10 is implying by brining up Gingrich is that Gingrich is still/and has been working for the GOP even after it was revealed he was fucking around while his wife had cancer. Shit he was even running for President.

But Edwards got run out of town and never has been heard from. At some point we have to consider what is the greater good. For the GOP the greater good is having their way politically and not letting anything get in the way. It also means a lot of people suffer.

For the Progressive wing of the Democrats the greater good would mean health care, restrictions on wall street and banks, education, environmental issues, jobs, social policies protecting gays and womens rights, protecting Social Security and Medicare...We will throw away a great politician who would fight for all that because we judge his personal life. And in the meantime more of our rights get eroded, more jobs lost, more young people in debt, more people in poverty... because the Republicans keep winning.

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 8, 2017 5:34 AM +00:00
His wife was dying of cancer and he had a blatant affair with a coked out nut job.

Again Elizabeth hit the road for John (while she knew about the affair and undergoing chemo). The recurrence of Cancer gave her the best reason to drop out of campaigning. But instead she hit the road for John.

--Anonymous
replies 22Dec 8, 2017 5:34 AM +00:00

"So if Elizabeth wasn't that bothered by John affair while she was having chemo (by campaigning for him) if she didn't have a problem with it, why should anyone else care?"

Oh, I'm sure she cared a LOT. But she didn't want his political career to be destroyed, which is why she tried to make the best of it by helping him keep it going. I'm sure she was devastated by the infidelity. Who wouldn't be?

--Anonymous
replies 23Dec 8, 2017 5:34 AM +00:00
I'm sure she was devastated by the infidelity. Who wouldn't be?

So she weighed the options, what is best for America? John being president or his cheating on me (which only affect her and her family)

--Anonymous
replies 24Dec 8, 2017 5:36 AM +00:00

I voted for Edwards in the NY primary in 2004 an, of course Kerry / Edwards in the general but I feel it's time for the Democrats to start promoting younger candidates. Edwards is 63, so that makes him 67 in 2020. We need a JFK-like candidate who is smart, articulate, and youthful to go up against that wheezing old fool.

--BTW, Nixon was only 47 in 1960
replies 25Dec 8, 2017 5:43 AM +00:00
Edwards is 63, so that makes him 67 in 2020.

But he has good genes and he still looks like he is in his 50s

--Anonymous
replies 26Dec 8, 2017 5:46 AM +00:00
We need a JFK-like candidate who is smart, articulate, and youthful to go up against that wheezing old fool.

Canada elected Justin Trudeau

--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 8, 2017 5:46 AM +00:00

There are more than a dozen intelligent, fun, attractive democrats have haven't publicly done shitty things who are about to run for president. Edwards can stay in exile.

--Anonymous
replies 28Dec 8, 2017 5:47 AM +00:00
There are more than a dozen intelligent, fun, attractive democrats have haven't publicly done shitty things who are about to run for president.

List them

--Anonymous
replies 29Dec 8, 2017 5:47 AM +00:00

Right 24 and that's is how Dems need to start thinking. Moral high ground is great, fucking wonderful but right now it's too high a price. So many people are suffering. Some many families on the verge of financial dire straights. And health care, families going bankrupt paying for illness or paying for drugs that allow them to function. There is a bigger picture, Martin Luther King was a womanizer and just think, today he would get shouted down and his contribution cut short because of personal failings in spite of his brilliance as an orator and fighter for civil rights.

People really need to grow up and learn to use their brains instead of allowing themselves to be lead in whatever sensational direction the airwaves are trying to lead them.

--Anonymous
replies 30Dec 8, 2017 5:49 AM +00:00

JFK was a womanizer so ya know, he shouldn't be allowed to contribute.

--Anonymous
replies 31Dec 8, 2017 5:50 AM +00:00

Gillibrand, Murphy, Harris, Brown, Kloubacher, Terry McAuliffe, Steve Bullock, Hickenlooper, Jason Kander, Booker, Cuomo, Mitch Landrieu, Eric Garcetti. Dems are fine

--Anonymous
replies 32Dec 8, 2017 5:51 AM +00:00

Fuck Eric Garcetti.

Fucking useless closet case asshole. He's done nothing for Los Angeles. Fucking poser loser privileged shit stain.

--Anonymous
replies 33Dec 8, 2017 6:01 AM +00:00

You may not like them all but the list was for R29. I'm no great fan of Booker for example. My point is that we have many valid contenders for 2020 without pulling from the bottom of the disgraced barrel.

--Anonymous
replies 34Dec 8, 2017 6:03 AM +00:00
Gillibrand, Murphy, Harris, Brown, Kloubacher, Terry McAuliffe, Steve Bullock, Hickenlooper, Jason Kander, Booker, Cuomo, Mitch Landrieu, Eric Garcetti. Dems are fine

No one could pick them out of a line-up

--Anonymous
replies 35Dec 8, 2017 6:05 AM +00:00

I get you 34 but let's at least name good candidates. Garcetti has done nothing and recently was told by the Democrats in California that he wasn't going to run for Governor. They don't want him in the state house because he's useless, horrible. Why would you even want to promote a guy that can't do the job?

--Anonymous
replies 36Dec 8, 2017 6:07 AM +00:00

Maybe so 35 but Garcetti was on the short list for Hillary's VP last election. So incompetent he's dangerous and not very smart.

--Anonymous
replies 37Dec 8, 2017 6:09 AM +00:00

He disgusted me on two non-consecutive occasions

Forget Arnold Schwarzenegger or John Edwards. One of the greatest political sex scandals happened to Grover Cleveland. Journalist Charles Lachman reveals the sordid details of rape, an unwanted child, and the coverup.
The Daily Beast
--Grover Cleveland
replies 38Dec 8, 2017 6:10 AM +00:00

No one would've picked Edwards out of a line up until he ran for president. Now they remember him for being a shitty dude.

--Anonymous
replies 39Dec 8, 2017 6:29 AM +00:00
No one would've picked Edwards out of a line up until he ran for president.

No one would imagine Trump POTUS

--Anonymous
replies 40Dec 8, 2017 6:32 AM +00:00
No one would imagine Trump POTUS

The Simpsons did. And Senator Tillis joked about it years ago. A clip was found this week.

--Anonymous
replies 41Dec 8, 2017 6:33 AM +00:00

R41 the operative word is "JOKE"

--Anonymous
replies 42Dec 8, 2017 6:37 AM +00:00
Heterosexuals are toast in both Hollywood and Washington after all you've done to make gay people feel uncomfortable.

That's right!

--Kevin Spacey, Bryan Singer, Barney Frank, Larry Craig, Wes Goodman
replies 43Dec 8, 2017 6:39 AM +00:00

The economy is at an all-time high and unemployment is lower than it has been in years (4%). It was just announced today. Then there's the stock market that's booming. Trump, unless he dies, is getting a second term.

--Anonymous
replies 44Dec 8, 2017 6:43 AM +00:00

Who said Edwards was hung?

--Anonymous
replies 45Dec 8, 2017 6:43 AM +00:00

LMAO R44 is sniffing glue. Trumps approval is something like -19. No president with a rating that bad at election time has ever been re-elected. It definitely is astounding that despite a good economy Trumps numbers are still historically bad. It goes to show how much people hate the SOB. He barely won election the first time, remember. 80,000 votes out of of like 140 million or something like that. I think virtually any democrat beats him.

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.
FiveThirtyEight
--Anonymous
replies 46Dec 8, 2017 6:48 AM +00:00

IIRC, didn't John Edwards speak out against marriage equality?

--Anonymous
replies 47Dec 8, 2017 7:02 AM +00:00

Don't forget the electoral college #46. Any Democrat will probably get more popular vote but the wonderful job the GOP did of gerrymandering has tilted things toward Repugs.

--Anonymous
replies 48Dec 8, 2017 7:03 AM +00:00

Honest question, did any major politician strongly support marriage equality?

I can't remember.

--elder gay with memory issues
replies 49Dec 8, 2017 7:04 AM +00:00

His sins seem minor? He had an affair with one of the vilest women on the planet, had a child with her while his wife was dying of cancer. Those horrible videos that bitch made as his campaign videographer? Those alone should be sufficient to banish him forever. Imagine being Elizabeth Edwards watching those as the chemo's dripping into your arm, knowing that you toddlers are going to be raised around that twat?

No. He can never ever come back.

--Anonymous
replies 50Dec 8, 2017 7:10 AM +00:00

R50 Are you a straight woman?

--You can always tell
replies 51Dec 8, 2017 7:30 AM +00:00

R46 80,000 IS ENOUGH TO FLIP ANY OF THEM TOSS-UP STATES:

"OK. It is also true that both sides can play this game. Adds the Cook Report:

By the same logic, just three counties re-elected President Obama in 2012: Miami-Dade County, FL; Cuyahoga County, OH and Philadelphia, PA. "

An election analysis shows how close the presidential election really was — you could argue that it boiled down to three counties in three states.
Arkansas Times
--Anonymous
replies 52Dec 8, 2017 7:52 AM +00:00

R52 That's idiotic He won those counties by FAR more than 80,000 votes, it was millions in fact. Those were huge landslides. No one is saying the states Trump won shouldn't count. The point is he just barely won them. At that point the weather at the polls could have made the difference. If you want to go jerk off to Trump there are other threads to indulge your fantasies. This one has nothing to do with him

--Anonymous
replies 53Dec 8, 2017 7:57 AM +00:00

R53 Obama's margin in 2012 for FL is 74k, OH 160k, 300k in PA. Hardly landslides.

--Anonymous
replies 54Dec 8, 2017 8:16 AM +00:00

R35, and no one could pick Edwards (or Bernie Sanders to give a recent example) out of a line up before they ran for national office, so what?

I don't care that Edwards had an affair, what is terrible is that he was stupid enough to father a child with his mistress and very stupid to use campaign contributions to cover this up. Also, he was extremely stupid to allow her to videotape him after one of their encounters. The Dems should avoid stupid people, period.

--Anonymous
replies 55Dec 8, 2017 8:39 AM +00:00

Trumps margins in MI, PA, and WI were like 1/8 of those Obama margins lol 45,000 votes in PA is VERY different from 300k. Dream all you want. Your kid got lucky. Grow up, get over it

--Anonymous
replies 56Dec 8, 2017 8:39 AM +00:00

Oh, and the stupidest thing of all, is that, as a white guy, with those looks, with his Southern accent, with his message of working/middle class populism, and with a heavyset, less attractive wife who was dying (and later died) of cancer, he could have gone on to become a Democratic superstar even after Kerry's loss. He could have had it all.

--R55
replies 57Dec 8, 2017 8:46 AM +00:00

Exactly R55 neither basic morality nor self preservation was able to stop him from doing this. Dems don't need him.

--Anonymous
replies 58Dec 8, 2017 8:48 AM +00:00

"So she weighed the options, what is best for America?"

"Best for America?" More like best for his political career. Elizabeth Edwards was a very smart, ambitious woman. She wanted her husband to have an important political career; I don't think she supported him because it was "best for America." She supported him because she wanted him to be a star politician. And he might have been one, if he hadn't fucked it up so royally. John Edwards is DUMB. He's a an absolute clod. He has about as much chance of having a "political comeback" as Anthony Weiner, another up and coming political candidate who threw it all away because he couldn't control his urges.

--Anonymous
replies 59Dec 8, 2017 10:01 AM +00:00

He talked about the "two Americas" while back in North Carolina he built a huge mansion that proved which one he was a part of.

--Anonymous
replies 60Dec 8, 2017 10:22 AM +00:00

I wonder if he's ever hooked up with guys. He seems like the kind of vain douchepest who would get an ego boost from letting a gay guy suck his dick.

i.pinimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 61Dec 8, 2017 10:26 AM +00:00

Just his allegedly big dick and his hair. That's all.

--Anonymous
replies 62Dec 8, 2017 11:14 AM +00:00

He needs to stay away. His career is over.

--Anonymous
replies 63Dec 8, 2017 4:06 PM +00:00

So what ever happened with that Rielle tramp? Did they get married, go their separate ways or just continue an affair?

--Anonymous
replies 64Dec 8, 2017 4:27 PM +00:00

If you run on a ticket and lose you should be banned from trying ever again. I'm so tired of hearing Clinton, Sanders and Biden speculation. On the other side of the aisle they are always ready to trot out another Bush. Ridiculous. There should be an age cap too. Fed with choosing between a mummy and a cadaver.

--Anonymous
replies 65Dec 8, 2017 4:36 PM +00:00
Gillibrand, Murphy, Harris, Brown, Kloubacher, Terry McAuliffe, Steve Bullock, Hickenlooper, Jason Kander, Booker, Cuomo, Mitch Landrieu, Eric Garcetti

Backstabbing SJW fool, Gayvoice, female Obama, Senile, Fat Frau, Clinton Corrupt, Boring white male, Stupid name, Loser, Closeted and Corporate whore, northeastern Italian, empty suit won on family name, superficial media whore.

--The RNC prep work team
replies 66Dec 8, 2017 4:59 PM +00:00

If the candidate has any sort of anomaly- even a prominent mole- the Trumps will turn it into schoolyard chant ("Pop that zit! Pop that zit!").

And that's what Kardashian/Real Housewives-fed Americans go for now: smackdowns. The best at throwing shade wins.

--Anonymous
replies 67Dec 8, 2017 5:19 PM +00:00

Did you ever see that video of him doing his hair? The result was better than Cheeto's of course but still... He was obsessed with his apperance.

Also, he used that guile and probably his dick to get a fat perosnl gift from Bunny Mellon in her dotage to pay off that coked up skank he had knocked up. And still she went public. He could n't even handle that right

--Anonymous
replies 68Dec 8, 2017 5:32 PM +00:00

R48, while gerrymandering affects federal & state legislative races, it has NOTHING to do with the electoral college. More Democrats have to move away from solid blue states to purple & red ones.

--Anonymous
replies 69Dec 8, 2017 6:18 PM +00:00