Join the Bitchfest >>

Alec Baldwin is pissed at Stephen Colbert and John Oliver

AV Club:

Indeed, he seemed especially angry at the ways guys like Colbert and Oliver use their platforms—which are inherently reactive to the day’s and week’s events—to comment on and push moral positions.

Alec Baldwin’s attempts to quit Twitter don’t appear to be going very well; although he has, as promised, stopped using his old @AlecBaldwin account to vent his various grumpinesses into the world, that’s just turned out to mean a lot more activity on the account that’s ostensibly connected to the Hilaria And Alec Baldwin Foundation, a charity whose primary goals appear to be supporting the arts, and also complaining about TV shows and personalities that Baldwin doesn’t like.
The A.V. Club
--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 7, 2017 5:33 AM +00:00

Err, John Oliver's show was never some fluff late-night promo stop. He doesn't even do that at all. It was always a commentary on the news and society.

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 7, 2017 5:50 AM +00:00

I can hardly wait for Colbert to take this on. But it's a problem some of the posters here had. Groping a 17 year old girl, who didn't like it, I guess since it is rape we shouldnt mention it. Some old president grabbing constituents butts? Ha Ha! Hes an old man, dont be a snowflake even if it made you feel lower then dirt, powerless, worthless, humiliated, and dirty because of what makes you a minotity - your sex. We should rank the victims and behavior and if it wasn't too bad, if it wasn't rape, we should ignore it. I guess the same could be said about gays and establishments not wanting to serve us because we are gay. Like the case of the baker in the USSC. It's not like he raped these two gay men. Held them as slaves or burned them in ovens. I mean seriously, it is about gay marriage. He didn't kill them or beat them. It's not about being made to feel lower then dirt, powerless, dirty, worthless, humiliated by what makes you a minority - being gay. Oh, wait! It kinda is the same in how behavior is used by people in power to make sure because of your minority your person doesn't count.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 7, 2017 5:57 AM +00:00

Sorry, since it isn't rape we shouldnt care^

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 7, 2017 5:59 AM +00:00

One hypocritical beneficiary of heterosexual privilege lecturing other hypocritical beneficiaries of heterosexual privilege. Tell me why do we let breeders decide what constitutes morally acceptable behavior after all the crimes against humanity they have committed, especially when this cracker breeder goy asshole has a well-known history of hetero male violence and rage as well as homophobia. If either Jack McBrayer or Ricky Schroder treated people like that he'd be blacklisted but since he is neither gay nor a Republican, Alec gets chance after chance after chance.

This. Has. Got. To. STOP!

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 7, 2017 6:17 AM +00:00

I agree with this part:

Talk shows were once promotional pit stops for some blithe chit chat about movies, etc.

I don't watch talk shows, who falls under this category? Fallon? Ellen? It's definitely out there.

I disagree with this:

Now the likes of @iamjohnoliver and @StephenAtHome have flipped that and they are beginning to resemble grand juries.

Neither of them have flipped because they were never conventional talk show hosts, they were both spawned from the Daily Show and it's social and political commentary.

Notice, if you will, that I don’t express a preference. If I could bottle the sanctimony here...

Hmm...

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 7, 2017 6:19 AM +00:00