Join the Bitchfest >>

What if?

Does anyone here wonder what would have happened if Rapp hadn't pushed Spacey off of him? Do you think Spacey would have had sex with Rapp if were willing or hadn't resisted, or was Spacey only interested in if there was a challenge/resistance?

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 6, 2017 6:25 PM +00:00

There'd have been a trial and we'd have been spared all those crappy "performances" by Spacey .

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 6, 2017 6:35 PM +00:00

Not necessarily, R1.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 6, 2017 6:40 PM +00:00

What if nobody cared, OP?

What if people minded their own business?

What if people let the affected parties work this out among themselves, in the absence of uninvolved people speculating pointlessly about it for weeks on end?

--What if your meds worked, OP?
replies 3Dec 6, 2017 6:49 PM +00:00

r3, you realize you are on a gossip site, right?

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 6, 2017 6:52 PM +00:00

Anthony Rapp had been performing on Broadway for four years by the time he crawled into Kevin Spacey's bed. He was young, but inexperienced in show business. Men who like young boys like them because they are inexperienced and very easily controlled. After years in show biz, Anthony Rapp was never going to be easily controlled. And his actions that fateful evening prove it. So, what would have happened, who knows? But it would not have lasted long. Spacey would have sent the kid packing very soon after he really got to know the him.

I'm curious how many OTHER older actors' beds young Anthony Rapp crawled into, literally or metaphorically. Spacey just can't be the only one. No way.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 6, 2017 6:55 PM +00:00

Ack! That should be "He was young, but NOT inexperienced in show business."

Grrrr.

--R5
replies 6Dec 6, 2017 6:56 PM +00:00

Wow ... you really are a disgusting person, aren't you, R5? Rapp didn't "crawl into Kevin Spacey's bed," except in your fevered imagination. He sat on the bed to watch television. Is this really so difficult for you to comprehend?

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 6, 2017 6:57 PM +00:00

He did't crawl into Spacey's bed though, R5. Spacey picked him up and put him there, then got on top of him.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 6, 2017 6:58 PM +00:00

But Rapp used his incredible powers of mind control to FORCE Spacey to pick him up, etc.

--A regular Steve Harrington
replies 9Dec 6, 2017 7:04 PM +00:00

R7 agrees that Anthony Rapp put himself onto Kevin Spacey's bed.

I do not have the power over time and space to divine the young man's reason for putting himself there. But I do know show business and a 14 year old who has been working in the business since he was a small child is aware of the need to be careful around adults in the business.

And why was he out late at night partying in NYC unsupervised? The worst thing Kevin Spacey could have done to the kid was throw him out at that late hour. Anything he ran into on his own in the dead of night in NYC would be worse than anything Kevin Spacey could serve up.

--R5
replies 10Dec 6, 2017 7:09 PM +00:00
R7 agrees that Anthony Rapp put himself onto Kevin Spacey's bed.

That's because I was going from memory. When I checked, however, I found that R8 was correct and I was wrong. And you were even more wrong, not to mention disgusting.

I do not have the power over time and space to divine the young man's reason for putting himself there.

He didn't. Next?

But I do know show business and a 14 year old who has been working in the business since he was a small child is aware of the need to be careful around adults in the business.

Oh, bullshit. You really are a piece of work, aren't you?

The worst thing Kevin Spacey could have done to the kid was throw him out at that late hour.

No, the worst thing that Kevin Spacey could have done was to assault the 14-year-old boy, which he did.

--hiorw[
replies 11Dec 6, 2017 7:11 PM +00:00

Free Kevin Spacey!

--Once he's locked up.
replies 12Dec 6, 2017 7:11 PM +00:00

You thirsty as fuck, OP.

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 6, 2017 7:20 PM +00:00

Rapp said he got up to leave and that Spacey picked him up, R10, and Spacey invited him to the party, that's why he was there. Instead of asking why Rapp went to the party, how about asking why Spacey invited him in the first place.

The 70s and 80s were a different time, and that's not Rapp's fault. Look at the Broadway Annie kids for example, they recall partying at Studio 54 in the late 70s when the show first came out. No way would that happen today, nor would a 14 year old be left unattended at an adult party. I saw an interview with Rapp from a few years ago. His family was poor, he was raised by a single mom, and the family relied on his income when he was working in NY.

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 6, 2017 7:22 PM +00:00

The people that know the score know that Spacey did in fact fuck Rapp and that he is having a hard time reconciling the fact that it caused him a lot of anxiety and confusion about his sexuality, which is why he didn't tell the whole story, and also why he never told his parents at the time. If you know him, you know he was a bit of a late bloomer and didn't realize he was attracted to men until he was at least 13 or 14, and didn't even have a relationship until he was 18. The Spacey thing fucked him up because at the time he felt that Spacey saw through him before Anthony himself even realized he was into men. He was a confused kid to start with and Spacey made it worse.

--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 6, 2017 8:01 PM +00:00

Your sources?

--Anonymous
replies 16Dec 6, 2017 8:46 PM +00:00

I'm just someone that knows, R16.

--Anonymous
replies 17Dec 6, 2017 9:23 PM +00:00

You're an idiot, R5. He didn't "crawl" into Spacey's bed. What the hell is wrong with you?

--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 7, 2017 12:20 AM +00:00

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 7, 2017 8:52 AM +00:00

"When he arrived at Spacey's apartment, Rapp quickly realized that he was the only nonadult there — which, again, did not worry him, since he so often had found himself in similar situations as a child actor. The bigger issue: "I didn't know anyone," he said. "And I was quickly kind of bored."

Rapp said he ended up wandering into the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, and watching TV well past midnight.

At some point, Rapp said he turned to see Spacey standing at the bedroom door. And that's when he first realized that everyone else had left the party. They were alone.

“My memory was that I thought, Oh, everybody's gone. Well, yeah, I should probably go home,” Rapp said. Spacey, he recalled, “sort of stood in the doorway, kind of swaying. My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk.” Rapp doesn't remember Spacey saying anything to him. Instead, Rapp said, “He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me."

Rapp was already in the bedroom, in Spacey's bed. Spacey never should have touched a kid, this kid, any kid, but read carefully and at least know what you're bitching about. This 14 year old was already running around NYC alone in the middle of the night. In the Buzzfeed link, he talks about hanging out at Limelight. At 14. He should not have been touched by an adult, but the kid was lots of problems waiting to happen. If he's so deeply troubled today, it has to do with a lot more than having Kevin Spacey unsuccessfully come on to him.

The Star Trek: Discovery actor says women speaking out about sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry has compelled him to come forward about the Oscar winner.
BuzzFeed
--R5
replies 20Dec 7, 2017 10:47 AM +00:00

Why are people questioning Rapp attending the party but not questioning Spacey's motivations for inviting him in the first place? And, yes, R5/R20, Spacey did pick him up and place him on the bed.

Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14.

It doesn't say that Spacey pushed him down on the bed, it says he "picked him up, placed him on his bed," which indicates that at that point, Rapp was not in Spacey's bed. Maybe he had been moments earlier, but you're making sound as if Rapp crawled into bed with Spacey, or was lying there waiting for him. Why are you so intent on victim blaming here?

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 7, 2017 11:22 AM +00:00