Join the Bitchfest >>

Six Female Senators Call on Al Franken to Resign

Endgame.

Six women senators in quick succession on Wednesday called for Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) to step aside after a new accusation emerged from a woman who said the senator had sought to forcibly kiss her in a 2006 incident.
TheHill
--Anonymous
replies 100Dec 6, 2017 7:12 AM +00:00

Why not Susan Collins ?

--Anonymous
replies 1Dec 6, 2017 7:14 AM +00:00

Collins is a Republican, and all of these women are Democrats. No reason for Collins and Murkowski to get involved.

One reason they are calling for Franken to go is that the governor of MN is a Democrat and can choose Franken's replacement. I suspect if the governor was a Republican, then they would be pushing for some kind of censure, but not a resignation.

--Anonymous
replies 2Dec 6, 2017 7:18 AM +00:00

Thanks r2, I was just going to ask what the deal is if he resigns - if we can get a Democrat in there as his replacement or what. It doesn't seem like he can side-step this anymore

--Anonymous
replies 3Dec 6, 2017 7:20 AM +00:00

Dem are their own worst enemy. All the noise about Franken has been dying down in the absence of credible allegations, and those allegations weren't that serious anyway. And there they go, bringing it up again, trying to force out a good senator without due process. Absolute madness.

--Anonymous
replies 4Dec 6, 2017 7:21 AM +00:00

this makes me sad. Franken grilling Sessions on Russia have been some of the brightest spots in 2017.

--Anonymous
replies 5Dec 6, 2017 7:25 AM +00:00

I fucking hate politics. It's all very toxic.

--Anonymous
replies 6Dec 6, 2017 7:27 AM +00:00

R5, which is exactly why these women have been coming out of the woodwork with claims that can't be verified and pictures that don't back up the allegations. Unlike Moore and Weinstein, who everyone knew were sleazy, Franken's coworkers have defended him. Let him have his ethics investigation and let these women testify under oath.

--Anonymous
replies 7Dec 6, 2017 7:32 AM +00:00

I know, R7. I really believe the Franken allegations are politically stirred up.

--Anonymous
replies 8Dec 6, 2017 7:40 AM +00:00

He will resign tomorrow.

mobile.twitter.com
--Anonymous
replies 9Dec 6, 2017 7:43 AM +00:00

R8 I agree. It smells like a political hit on a strong democratic senator. I believe women will pay a price for all of this. Men will be scared to hire or promote them. Whatever happened to telling a man that touches your butt to keep his hands to himself, most will?

--Anonymous
replies 10Dec 6, 2017 7:46 AM +00:00
I believe women will pay a price for all of this. Men will be scared to hire or promote them.

Al franken was drafting a bill for safety of women in collage campuses which would destroy career of young male students just based on allegation from female accuser . Not much due process would be given to them .

May be you liberals should have thought about that before riding on that rapes hysteria on collage campuses for past 3/4 years

--Anonymous
replies 11Dec 6, 2017 8:03 AM +00:00

I would think that the forced resignation of the mildest offender would reset the bar for every current public servant who openly gloated about grabbing pussy.

--Anonymous
replies 12Dec 6, 2017 8:09 AM +00:00

Dear r11 it is not rape hysteria. I'm old. 57 years. When I went to college rape on college campuses was a problem. It has always been a problem. It was something they talked about at orientation and on some large campuses I visited there were stations throughout the grounds where girls could push a button and activate an alarm letting campus police know their location if they are being followed, assaulted etc .

So either you have never been to college or you are simply an asshole.

--Anonymous
replies 13Dec 6, 2017 8:12 AM +00:00

so while the Republicans are supporting their predators, the Democrats take the least abusive of their own and dissect him and eat him. Way to go Dems this should get the Dems lots of votes.....democrats in case you haven't noticed, few seem to care anymore about righteousness................. - ........................... we are never going to win

--Anonymous
replies 14Dec 6, 2017 8:14 AM +00:00

Where were these fucking bitches when Trump was talking about grabbing pussy?

Why wasn't there outrage about this fucking piece of shit running for President? Why didn't they appeal to their sisters across the aisle to stand against this kind of disrespect?

Cause they are full of shit. Important enough to shit all over their own. Not important enough to keep a guy from being President.

--Anonymous
replies 15Dec 6, 2017 8:16 AM +00:00
the Democrats take the least abusive of their own and dissect him and eat him

It's not like the Dems told the little Dickens to play David Cop-A-Feel.

--Anonymous
replies 16Dec 6, 2017 8:17 AM +00:00

You are right r14. Because we are not supposed to ever win again. Our wealthy overlords do not allow us representation. We need to stretch out our assholes because they are going to get bigly over used.

--Anonymous
replies 17Dec 6, 2017 8:18 AM +00:00

"Where were these fucking bitches when Trump was talking about grabbing pussy?"

They were very vocal about it at the time. Did you sleep through the election coverage?

--Anonymous
replies 18Dec 6, 2017 8:21 AM +00:00

Dems want the moral high ground. Franken not resigning helped dilute the Roy Moore condemnation. Dems can really go after him once Franken is gone.

That's the cold political reality of it.

--Anonymous
replies 19Dec 6, 2017 8:21 AM +00:00

The problem is that Republicans don't get to decide Roy Moore's fate. The people of Alabama do.

--Anonymous
replies 20Dec 6, 2017 8:22 AM +00:00
Why didn't they appeal to their sisters across the aisle to stand against this kind of disrespect?

That Kelly Ayotte woman did that . We all know how it turned out for her .

She still lost her senate seat and got her ass handed by by Maggie Hasan . Guess she was not enough feminist for people taste

--Anonymous
replies 21Dec 6, 2017 8:23 AM +00:00

That picture of him fake-squeezing the sleeping woman's boobs is DEADLY. How can Dems say "we're the party of women but we like Al Franken so forget it" is a slap in the face to women and a never ending gift to the Republicans. It's all about optics, as they say. Al can still continue his supposed good work but not as US Senator (pray he doesn't go back to comedy).

--Anonymous
replies 22Dec 6, 2017 8:25 AM +00:00

R20, the people of AL can only decide whether he's elected or not. The Dems can still go after him after he's elected, and some Republicans may be willing to help.

--Anonymous
replies 23Dec 6, 2017 8:25 AM +00:00

Can't remember if it is this thread but the person who said the GOP stopped funding Moore was wrong.

GOP leaders are increasingly confident in Moore's chances of victory despite the continued unease of some other Republicans.
AL.com
--Anonymous
replies 24Dec 6, 2017 8:29 AM +00:00
Dems want the moral high ground. Franken not resigning helped dilute the Roy Moore condemnation. Dems can really go after him once Franken is gone.

Franken was always a dead man walking. I hope Doug Jones took this time to lambaste Franken and Moore together, showing off his bipartisan chops to Alabama voters.

--Anonymous
replies 25Dec 6, 2017 8:35 AM +00:00

This is all about optics. Even if the women accusers were all plants (and I'm not saying they are though I put nothing past Republicans), Dems need to do this for credibility.

--Anonymous
replies 26Dec 6, 2017 8:45 AM +00:00

Isn't this going to set a precedent? From now on, they'll all have to resign if they engage in this behavior. What about all the suits that were anonymously settled? Will they be asking for those names?

--Anonymous
replies 27Dec 6, 2017 8:48 AM +00:00

So Collins and Murkowski are among the Sens damndibg Franken's resignation? Are they also demanding trump's?

--Anonymous
replies 28Dec 6, 2017 8:49 AM +00:00

Male Senators now demanding his resignation. The entire party is getting in lockstep. Al is gone.

--Anonymous
replies 29Dec 6, 2017 8:54 AM +00:00

Come on r26 you know they are plants. Franken is one of the few Dems that actually fights for and supports true Democratic policy. He was considereing running in 2020. Now you know what we will get? A Dem that is for all purposes a Republican, just like Hillary and just like Obama. There are not many like Franken and the Democratic party wants to make sure they do not get one of those kinds of Dems running for Pres. Just like they rigged the primaries in Hillary's favor to make sure Bernie didn't get the nod.

--Anonymous
replies 30Dec 6, 2017 8:55 AM +00:00

Perez called for him to resign.

--Anonymous
replies 31Dec 6, 2017 8:57 AM +00:00

R27, it definitely sets a precedent. It doesn't really matter if you actually engaged in bad behavior, you just need to be accused of it. Aside from the Tweeden photo, there is ZERO evidence of any of these (very minor) accusations. Franken has been a real fighter in the Senate and losing him will be devastating. A shame the Dems can't rally around a real threat, LIKE OUR FUCKING SHITSHOW OF A PRESIDENT.

--Anonymous
replies 32Dec 6, 2017 9:14 AM +00:00

And what was up with Gillibrand saying that he should have an ethics investigation, but she said they didn't have the ability to do it right? What the fuck does that mean? There wasn't enough evidence for them to find him guilty?

--Anonymous
replies 33Dec 6, 2017 9:24 AM +00:00

R30 Franken is good and better than gillenbrand and Schumer et al (and a hell of a lot smarter than either) but not that great. Russ Feingold he is not.

--R26
replies 34Dec 6, 2017 10:10 AM +00:00

When I hear people say “it’s about the optics,” it’s too bad the pics that emerged of Tweeden groping Robin Williams and that male guitarist got virtually no traction whatsoever in the media. To me it just proved that she was a fucking hypocrite and why I think this entire episode with Franken is nothing but a political hit job.

Okay, fine, take him down while the likes of Trump and Moore ascend to more and more power. But I better not hear not one more Rethug say a fucking word about Hollywood or Bill Clinton. They no longer have not one smidgen of credibility where it comes to either of those subjects.

--Anonymous
replies 35Dec 6, 2017 10:23 AM +00:00

By the way, I think the only reason they carted out all of those other women is because Tweeden got exposed. And don’t forget they were talking about something coming down the pike on Franken the night before on FOX.

Total. Hit. Job.

--Anonymous
replies 36Dec 6, 2017 10:27 AM +00:00

r24 they only changed their minds the day before yesterday. before that they were not supporting him

--Anonymous
replies 37Dec 6, 2017 10:47 AM +00:00
. Just like they rigged the primaries in Hillary's favor to make sure Bernie didn't get the nod.

Give it up, will you.

If anyone challenges you to prove (with links) how the primaries were rigged you will not respond, just like always.

Even Sanders says the primaries were not rigged.

Learn to take a loss like a grown up and stop lying.

--Anonymous
replies 38Dec 6, 2017 10:53 AM +00:00

Will Gillibrand call for Bernie's resignation. His essays about women liking to be gang raped should get him kicked out.

--Anonymous
replies 39Dec 6, 2017 10:53 AM +00:00

I thought this was grayed out? How’d it get resurrected?

--Anonymous
replies 40Dec 6, 2017 10:55 AM +00:00

TWENTY TWO DEM SENATORS + TWO INDEPENDENTS!

Here are the Democratic senators who have called for him to step down:

Dick Durbin on Illinois

Patty Murray of Washington

Kirsten Gillibrand of New York

Mazie Hirono of Hawaii

Claire McCaskill of Missouri

Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire

Kamala Harris of California

Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin

Debbie Stabenow of Michigan

Bob Casey of Pennsylvania

Joe Donnelly of Indiana

Sherrod Brown of Ohio

Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota

Ed Markey of Massachusetts

Michael Bennet of Colorado

Patrick Leahy of Vermont

Maria Cantwell of Washington

Dianne Feinstein of California

Jeff Merkley of Oregon

Tammy Duckworth of Illinois

Martin Heinrich of New Mexico

Ron Wyden of Oregon

Bernie Sanders of Vermont (independent who caucuses with Democrats)

Angus King of Maine (independent who caucuses with Democrats)

A year ago who would have thought it would be Franken the senate would effectively impeach.

www.slate.com
--Anonymous
replies 41Dec 6, 2017 10:59 AM +00:00

If she did that, R39, Sanders loyalists would ask for her resignation. Just ask Joy Reid. They started a media assault on her, demanding MSNBC to fire her.

--R38
replies 42Dec 6, 2017 11:00 AM +00:00

Al Franklin should not resign...that is so stupid!! Franklin is innocent.

--Anonymous
replies 43Dec 6, 2017 11:03 AM +00:00

An 8th Franken accuser has come out....progressive radio host @TinaDupuy who says that Franken groped her at a Media Matters party in 2009.

The Democratic Party needs to stand with women who have been harassed—and not defend the politicians who abused them.
The Atlantic
--Anonymous
replies 44Dec 6, 2017 11:05 AM +00:00

R19 "Dems want the moral high ground. Franken not resigning helped dilute the Roy Moore condemnation. Dems can really go after him once Franken is gone.

That's the cold political reality of it."

No, Dems should have been able to go after Moore after Anthony Weiner went to JAIL. Dems should have been able to go after Trump after Bill Clinton was impeached. Dems should have been able to go after Vitter after Spitzer resigned. And so on.

Nothing is ever good enough because the GOP party and GOP voters don't actually give a shit about having predators in their midst.

I wish these six senators had said Franken should resign as soon as Trump resigns and Moore drops out of the race.

--Anonymous
replies 45Dec 6, 2017 11:05 AM +00:00

R44's article is a perfect example. A slew of Dems have turned on Franken, but the author's point is still that Democrats needs to do more. No discussion whatsoever about what the GOP should do about their predators.

Because everyone knows they won't do shit and there will be no consequences.

--R45
replies 46Dec 6, 2017 11:08 AM +00:00

" He immediately put his hand on my waist, grabbing a handful of flesh. I froze. Then he squeezed. At least twice."

Putting your hand on someone's chunky waist while moving in close to take a picture is a grope? Jesus, we are fucking doomed.

--Anonymous
replies 47Dec 6, 2017 11:11 AM +00:00
Dem are their own worst enemy. All the noise about Franken has been dying down in the absence of credible allegations, and those allegations weren't that serious anyway. And there they go, bringing it up again, trying to force out a good senator without due process.

Two more women came out with accusations against Franken today; it wasn't the Dems who brought it back up. I agree with others that this situation is a hit job and even IF all the accusations are 100 percent true, they are nothing compared to what Trump and Moore, are accused of. Unfortunately, though, if Franken stays, you know these accusations will keep rolling out, one by one, every time it seems like the scandal is dying down, and I get that at this point, the Dems can't just keep ignoring them while maintaining credibility in speaking out against GOP sex pests.

--Anonymous
replies 48Dec 6, 2017 11:16 AM +00:00

R48, All they have to say when speaking out against the Republican sex pests is... We will call for Franken to resign when Trump steps down and Moore drops out of the race and not a second before.

--Anonymous
replies 49Dec 6, 2017 11:22 AM +00:00

They should be asking, R27. I'm sure there will be Lots of Republican names on that list.

--Anonymous
replies 50Dec 6, 2017 11:23 AM +00:00

This man does not deserve his position of serving the fine people of Minnesota. He's a disgrace to the senate, to the country, and to women everywhere. Plus, he's rather gross.

Throw the bum out!

i.kinja-img.com
--Anonymous
replies 51Dec 6, 2017 11:25 AM +00:00

R48 "the Dems can't just keep ignoring them while maintaining credibility in speaking out against GOP sex pests"

Maintaining credibility with whom? GOP voters/leaders DON'T CARE.

--Anonymous
replies 52Dec 6, 2017 11:27 AM +00:00

Just threaten the women with the name Chandra Levy, that should quiet those cunts down.

--John Conyers
replies 53Dec 6, 2017 11:28 AM +00:00

Bill O’Reilly must be pissed. He’s been waiting for the downfall of Franken from the moment he was elected. He’d be popping champagne bottles on his show tonight.. if only he didn’t fall from grace months before for the same reason.

--Anonymous
replies 54Dec 6, 2017 11:33 AM +00:00

This is wrong. I do not know why the Dems insist on devouring their own. Al Franken is a powerful Dem. He went after Sessions when no one else did. They lobbed their softball questions and Franken went in for the kill. This is absolutely a calculated political hit job and the Dems are falling for it 100%. I just want to smack the shit out of the DNC and shout "WAKE UP" as long as you hold Dem Senators and Congressmen to a higher standard than the Reps do, we will continue to lose. When they go low, we need to go lower. This is a new political game just as this is a new America. We have to get down in the mud with them and fight on their terms or we will never have the majority again.

Demanding that Al Franken resign when he is the Dem fighting the Reps is such a moronic move. Why are we allowing them to destroy a powerful Dem with allegations. that he put his arm around someone for a photo?

So, Al Franken, a strong Senator who is fighting for what is right, is forced by his own party to step down while Trump and Clarence Thomas keep their jobs and Roy Moore is favored to win his race. To paraphrase Bobby JIndahl, the Dems have become the party of stupid.

--Cheers
replies 55Dec 6, 2017 12:08 PM +00:00
as long as you hold Dem Senators and Congressmen to a higher standard than the Reps do, we will continue to lose.

Two words: Hillary Clinton

Still lost.

--Anonymous
replies 56Dec 6, 2017 12:14 PM +00:00

Actually R56, Hillary is the perfect example of what R55 is talking about.

How may Hillary "supporters" begrudgingly conceded she was an inferior candidate? How many people said they were holding their nose to vote for her? How many Dems complained it should have been Bernie/Biden/anyone else?

When Roy Moore supporters talk about preferring a pedophile to a Democrat, they sure as shit don't say it like they're ashamed.

The old adage proves to be true over and over again. Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line. And when Democrats are not in love, they don't go to the polls.

--Anonymous
replies 57Dec 6, 2017 12:29 PM +00:00

R51 Alright comrade. Back to the russian troll farm with you!

--Anonymous
replies 58Dec 6, 2017 12:37 PM +00:00

We're doomed. Trump is thriving. The pedophile will win next week. Bannon is getting cheers. Republicans will never impeach. Franken who didn't take any shit will be gone. America is dying.

--Anonymous
replies 59Dec 6, 2017 12:44 PM +00:00

THIRTY TWO DEM SENATORS

13 female and 19 male -- called on Franken to resign as allegations of sexual harassment against him continue to mount. Republican Sen. Susan Collins also called on Franken to quit.

Sens. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, Kamala Harris of California, Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Maria Cantwell of Washington, Dianne Feinstein of California, Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii also joined in the call for Franken to resign.

Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania was the first male Democratic senator to call on Franken to resign just after noon Wednesday. Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Michael Bennet of Colorado, Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Ron Wyden of Oregon, Martin Heinrich of New Mexico, Sen. Tom Udall of New Mexico, Tom Carper of Delaware, Chris Murphy of Connecticut, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Gary Peters of Michigan, Jon Tester of Montana and Sherrod Brown of Ohio also called for Franken to step down. Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois -- the Democratic whip -- also called on Franken to resign just before 1 p.m. ET.

Independent Sens. Angus King of Maine and Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who both caucus with the Democrats, also called for him to resign.

I don't see a single senator actually defending Al. That's a clear indication what an asshole they must think him.

Ten Democratic senators -- seven female and three male -- called on Sen. Al Franken to resign Wednesday, marking the first time any senator has called on the Minnesota Democrat to leave office as allegations of sexual harassment against him continue to mount.
CNN
--Anonymous
replies 60Dec 6, 2017 1:47 PM +00:00

Thank you, R4. This is all getting way out of hand.

Franken needs to stay. Better the devil you know, but also he may be innocent overall. Very weak, evidence-less accusations. I'm starting to think more men may be innocent. Sex mores have become way more conservative in the past two years. If you hit on someone who doesn't like you, you're a creep. A predator. Regret sleeping with Tom, Dick or Harry? They raped you.

--Then feminists wonder why they're single!
replies 61Dec 6, 2017 2:07 PM +00:00

We're going to lose in 2020 with this spineless bullshit. I honestly don't care if he sticks his tongue down anyone's throat. He is a good senstor.

--Anonymous
replies 62Dec 6, 2017 2:14 PM +00:00

R38, Pocahontas disagrees with you. As do most Dems not in the Clinton cult.

--Anonymous
replies 63Dec 6, 2017 2:17 PM +00:00

He needed to go. He’s a terrible person and it’s for the best that he be driven from public office.

--Anonymous
replies 64Dec 6, 2017 2:18 PM +00:00

Have we not been through this before? Do you not realize the Dem females want him to resign because there is more shit? Do you not realize the sooner he resigns the less traction this will have as more come out? It's called cutting your losses. They have talked about the sexual harassment on the hill by lawmakers. Think the women calling for his resignation might know something more then you do? Trust me, they do.

--Anonymous
replies 65Dec 6, 2017 2:18 PM +00:00

I get the impression Chris Matthews doesn't think Franken should resign. He just gave a fairly impassioned statement on his program to Kasie Hunt and one of the female Dem congresswomen saying basically that it's not right how Franken is being asked to put service above self but none of these other assholes are doing the same. He didn't flat-out say that he thinks Franken should stay, just that he's fucking tired of the bullshit.

If anyone saw it and knows how to post it, please do.

--Anonymous
replies 66Dec 6, 2017 2:40 PM +00:00

zzzz

--His Name was Albert Franken
replies 67Dec 7, 2017 6:10 AM +00:00

R65 do you not realize that the Dems demanding Franken resign while NOT demanding the same of Trump, Farenthold, Thomas, Moore, Vitter, Sanford, DesJarlis and so on make them look weak?

No one, NO ONE, should say one thing negative against Franken without recounting the litany of Republicans who REFUSE to be held similarly accountable.

--Anonymous
replies 68Dec 7, 2017 6:37 AM +00:00

I agree R68. This action bybthe female senators is useless and counter productive. They should leave politics.

--Anonymous
replies 69Dec 7, 2017 6:40 AM +00:00

R65, they should all resign and they all have the media spotlight on them. Just realize on conservative websights people are saying their guys shouldn't resign because the Dem's guys weren't resigning. If Dems can get theirs to resign, getting the others to resign is easier. Otherwise there is an impasse at the middle school where no one is doing what is right because the other guy is doing it too.

--Anonymous
replies 70Dec 7, 2017 7:11 AM +00:00

Dems really put themselves in a box on this one. There is no evidence that having Franken step down will hurt Moore, etc.

But there is obviously a HUGE problem in the Dem party (and also Dem ID'd peeps like La Spacey) so they felt they had to purge Franken and Conyers.

--Anonymous
replies 71Dec 7, 2017 7:47 AM +00:00

The Dems are helping it maintain momentum r55. The question is why? Why are the Democrats actively assassinating one of the best Senators they have who is not afraid to speak up to the powerful? Why?

--Anonymous
replies 72Dec 7, 2017 8:00 AM +00:00

R70, are you new? Do you know nothing about politics for the last 30+ years? Do you understand where the phrase IOIYAR came from?

Conservatives will just keep coming up with other boogymen to shift attention from the predators in their ranks. They'll dip back into the Clinton well until a new one comes along.

--Anonymous
replies 73Dec 7, 2017 8:23 AM +00:00

Notice Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are mum on Trump's groping and Moore's molestations. Because repubs stick together and don't eat their own

--Anonymous
replies 74Dec 7, 2017 1:02 PM +00:00
Do you understand where the phrase IOIYAR came from?

R73. I don't. What's it mean?

--Not R70
replies 75Dec 7, 2017 1:42 PM +00:00
do you not realize that the Dems demanding Franken resign while NOT demanding the same of Trump, Farenthold, Thomas, Moore, Vitter, Sanford, DesJarlis and so on make them look weak?

What do the actions of those men have to do with Al Franken and his victims? You don’t think those female Dem senators would love to see Trump resign? It’s not a goddamn hostage negotiation—you don’t say “We’ll demand Franken resign when Trump does,” for christ sake. You effect change wherever you can. They had the power to bring Franken down but they can’t do shit to Trump.

--Anonymous
replies 76Dec 7, 2017 1:55 PM +00:00
You effect change wherever you can.

Kicking Al Franken out of the Senate is not the sort of change any Democrat should be trying to effect. Not only was he an excellent Senator, the allegations against him were not so egregious as to warrant removing him from his job.

--Anonymous
replies 77Dec 7, 2017 2:00 PM +00:00

R76, two words for you...DUE PROCESS. Franken has denied the allegations and his right to due process was denied by the democratic mob.

--Anonymous
replies 78Dec 7, 2017 2:01 PM +00:00

Here’s his fucking due process:

media.nbcwashington.com
--Anonymous
replies 79Dec 7, 2017 2:07 PM +00:00

And that goes to show that you have zero idea as to the meaning of DUE PROCESS, r79. But keep showing your ignorance.

--Anonymous
replies 80Dec 7, 2017 2:12 PM +00:00

R79, why exactly does he need to resign from his job because 14 years ago (and six years before he joined the Senate), in the context of a gig as a comedian, he posed for a stupid, possibly staged joke photo in which he pretended to grab a woman's boobs over the flak jacket she was wearing? No, it wasn't his finest or most mature moment, but it was hardly a fireable offense, either. The apology he issued should have been sufficient.

--Anonymous
replies 81Dec 7, 2017 2:14 PM +00:00

The witches are now doing the hunting.

SJW Idiots.

Sexual harassment is a serious problem and so is an allegation of harassment. Franken was hounded out of office by this mob.

--Anonymous
replies 82Dec 7, 2017 2:27 PM +00:00

Al Franken is a big fat idiot.

--Anonymous
replies 83Dec 7, 2017 2:38 PM +00:00

R83 = bitter that no one in their right mind has ever hugged or kissed her or even sexually harassed her fat ass.

--Anonymous
replies 84Dec 7, 2017 2:54 PM +00:00

He should run for President. I'll vote for him.

--Anonymous
replies 85Dec 7, 2017 3:38 PM +00:00
He should run for President.

That might be entertaining.

static4.businessinsider.com
--Anonymous
replies 86Dec 7, 2017 3:44 PM +00:00

The crowd wants heads to roll in name of collective justice even if it means injustice to individuals. They don’t want care about proportionality facts or credibility. Smart players know to step aside during these moments and let the mob tire itself. They also know to watch who makes a play for personal power. Right now It’s Senator G. Will be interesting to see how she and Sen Harris get on. Wonder if Senator H will find a way to stab Senator G in back. Let’s fave it Senator G spent a long collaborating with President Clinton. Maybe Senator H can use that somehow.

--All revolutions devolve into personal power grabs
replies 87Dec 7, 2017 4:16 PM +00:00

I was over at Democratic Underground R85 and some of them seriously wanted him as president. They're that out of touch over there.

--Anonymous
replies 88Dec 7, 2017 4:25 PM +00:00

he should have NEVER RESIGNED.

it was up to him not those cunts flapping their lips......

i LOVED he got his shots in at the asshole in chief and that pedo roy moore in his 'speech'.......at least he got that out there....... yea, how ironic indeed Al..... You shoulda stayed and told em to fuck off. and harrass potus to resign

--not my circus/not my monkeys
replies 89Dec 7, 2017 4:39 PM +00:00

I also took that as a shot a Gilliland and mob, r89. Particularly the part of having the full support of their party while he's a guy who denies the allegations and is thrown in the trash by his own party.

--Anonymous
replies 90Dec 7, 2017 4:43 PM +00:00

Al is not resigning. He's weighing his options to see what the December 12 election in Alabama is going to produce with Roy Moore. And he wants to see what republicans are going to do about his potential win. Franken is going anywhere. Some pundit on CNN said so to Brooke Baldwin today. So we'll see how this plays out.

--Anonymous
replies 91Dec 7, 2017 4:49 PM +00:00

I call for these six female senators to yank their fucking heads out of their asses and go after the donald.

get with it bitches.

--Anonymous
replies 92Dec 7, 2017 4:57 PM +00:00

the insane Franken supporters in this thread

--Anonymous
replies 93Dec 7, 2017 6:47 PM +00:00

Democrats just killed their attack dog in Congress...welcome to another 4 years of Trump.

--Anonymous
replies 94Dec 7, 2017 6:51 PM +00:00

Where's the democrats killers? They need to do something.

NOW!!!!!!!!

--Anonymous
replies 95Dec 7, 2017 8:56 PM +00:00
Where's the democrats killers?

uhhhhh

i.pinimg.com
--Anonymous
replies 96Dec 7, 2017 9:07 PM +00:00

At least the Dems are putting their money where their mouth is. Now we have the moral high ground, relatively speaking, while Republicans shrug off Trump's pussygrabbing and elect a child molester.

--Anonymous
replies 97Dec 7, 2017 9:12 PM +00:00

R97, the "high ground" means nothing when it results in giving up our remaining power to the bad guys. They're not shamed in the least. Your brand of milquetoast acquiescence is killing us.

--Anonymous
replies 98Dec 7, 2017 9:27 PM +00:00
Franken has denied the allegations and his right to due process was denied by the democratic mob.

No, it wasn't. He chose to resign. He could have gutted it out and waited for due process. He chose not to. Due process doesn't mean others have no right to voice their opinions.

--Anonymous
replies 99Dec 8, 2017 9:54 AM +00:00

R99 is a member of the mob.

--Anonymous
replies 100Dec 8, 2017 11:02 AM +00:00